#251 Edited by superion_prime (265 posts) - - Show Bio

@shield-maiden: @mister_surreal: @blubber:

Although he doesn’t show it, the Cyborg Superion is growing increasingly frustrated over the turn of events. Getting into the JLA watchtower and hacking into it’s systems without anyone knowing was a piece of cake. But now that he is trying to leave, suddenly everyone wants to talk or insists on following him like Mr. Surreal.

The fact the Sorcerer is following him tells the Cyborg that the magician senses something is off. The Cyborg deduces that much about the man. And then there is the ever perceptible Helena Troy. Neither one exists in the reality that the Cyborg comes from but thanks to the JLA data files he’s downloaded, he knows all about them thanks to Apex’s thorough work. Some might say, a little too much information. Which is why the Cyborg did not wish to encounter Helena. But alas, here she is and wanting to talk to him. And now that Grant is no longer distracting Mr. Surreal, the Sorcerer is now curious himself.

It’s only a matter of time before either one deduces he isn’t the real Superion, who is having a blind date with someone back on Earth. With his command over technology, the Cyborg has access to the Watchtower’s defenses. A plan forms.

‘Superion’ steps in front of Helena, hands on his hips as if ready to give an inspiring speech. He even smiles, white teeth practically sparkling. “To be honest, something is troubling me.” And that is the honest truth. He knows not to lie around Helena, given what she is capable of.

Then ‘Superion’ stops smiling, looking right into Helena’s eyes, “Unfortunately, not even you can solve it, even as wise as you are, Helena.”

‘Superion’s’ eyes wander over to Grant, hoping to grab the man’s attention and he smiles again as he ignores everything Grant said and asks him, “Hey Grant, want to see a magic trick?”

Knowing Grant, he’ll say yes. Then Cyborg Superion tilts his head and a force field pops into place right in front of the Cyborg and Helena, hopefully preventing her from going any further beyond it’s point. The automated systems come online as turrets pop out of the ceiling and point guns at the heroes, “Enough of this charade.”

‘Superion’s’ skin melts and his cyborg parts appear, his voice becoming mechanical and with his one good eye, he stares coldly at Helena, “Now if you’ll excuse me, I have some place to be. Good luck surviving.”

No Caption Provided

With his left, organic, hand he snaps his fingers and the automated defenses rain down energy blasts upon the heroes, attempting to kill them all. Yes, even Grant. Fortunately for Blubber, Kon was taking a nap but he hears the big 600 pound man calling for him in the midst of a happy doggy dream. Opening one eye, then both as he gives an almost questioning bark, he uses super-speed to leave his cozy abode to answer a call from one of his favorite new playmates.

By the time Kon arrives on the scene, the force field is already in place and the automated defenses have already come online. One of the turrets aims directly at Blubber and Kon knows that the big nice man is cannot survive that attack. So, being the super dog he is, he puts his body in front of Blubber and takes every energy blast hit meant for Grant. Kon yelps in pain, then growls in anger. Eyes glowing red, heat vision pours out of his eyes as he fires back at the turret and melting one of it's barrels.

In the meantime, the Cyborg Superion walks in the transporter tube and tries to beam down to Earth before, hopefully, anyone can stop him.

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
#252 Edited by Cassius_Knightfall (12572 posts) - - Show Bio

@raptor_prime:

Cassius's tone was one of clear bemused confusion "Ohh. Like a secondry mutation? sorry are you a mutant?. Of course thats not polite to ask, i just studyied your family alot. They are basically the mutant Kennedy's afterall. Only saw a couple baselines in that family tree." His words carefuly hidding his true insight.

Responding to Karahs questions with his best off the cuff whitelies"Thanks. My mum liked science fiction apperently Cassian is some otherworldly heroic type. Or thats what i was told at least."

Looking around as the two strolled continuing their chat. "So who else will we be meeting today?"

#253 Posted by Shield-Maiden (2063 posts) - - Show Bio

As Helena and Superion walked side by side, she couldn't help but pick up the sounds of dampening from behind her. She didn't need to look over her shoulder to determine the proximately of the person; she just knew they were close, but not close enough to intrude in her conversation with the leader of the team. It only took a couple of seconds for her ears to pick up another set of footsteps, following close behind the individual who followed her. Distinguishing the two was as easy as solving a game of sudoku. The person behind her trailed her wearily - his footsteps cautious, distant, and guarded, as if he too had sensed the strange aura in the atmosphere. Behind him, the individual that followed was undiscerning, clumsy, and loud - thumping and clacking every time his foot made contact with the surface. The two individuals were none other than Mister Surreal and Blubber.

She didn't need to take a whiff of the air to identify their scents; their footsteps aided her in distinguishing the two from one another. The former princess did not suspect they were foes, as the floating fortress defenses would have engaged the targets by now. But the thing that made her feel unsettled was the fact that Mister Surreal seemingly felt the need to trail behind her, which only meant he was just as curious as she was over the team leader's current state.

Sliding her enchanted sword down her scabbard, Helena made sure to keep her hands clenched around the handle of her sword, in case she needed to draw it in a moment's notice. Her mysterious captivating eyes filled with blue waves of what seemed to be electricity, penetrated into her companion's fascial structure, as they strode down the hall. She found it suspicious that she could not dissect any facial emotions from him, as he was not her mother. From what she gathered during their fight with Ares, Superion was as noble as the peacemakers that patrolled the streets of the United States. The two did not even know each other, yet he stood up for her, even after she repeatedly told him to save himself and his team. Truthfully, Helena held so much respect for the man, as he was something she could not be - truly good. But right now, she was gazing into what seemed to be an empty shell of the man she respected. "To be honest, something is troubling me.” He responded to her in a way that made her grip her handle tighter. She could not explain why her instincts reacted that way, but she could not follow through with them as there was little evidence.

Her discernment quarreled with the possibility that Superion could be just having a bad day - she didn't know him all too well to know when he was in a bad mood. Yet as a leader, he should know to never allow his burdens to affect the morale of his troops. Right now, she felt the temptation to just whip out her lasso and ensnare him, but doing so against the man who won her trust during their fight with Ares was a bit much, especially after he accepted her, and their journeys were said to be connected. As for Grant: He did not have her trust at first, and he should have not been invited into their fortress in the first place. Coincidently, they were attacked by an unknown being on the same day of his arrival; so she felt justified in every way to ensnare and force the truth out of him.

Superion suddenly halted in his tracks, turning his head to gaze into her as if reading through her - like one of Hephaestus' wicked inventions. “Unfortunately, not even you can solve it, even as wise as you are, Helena.” Helena's brow quirked - her face now unsympathetic, as she did not take a liking to his subtle insult. How could one make such a judgement without first explaining his troubles to the individual.

“Hey Grant, want to see a magic trick?”As soon as her "companion" turned to Blubber, Helena instincts took root - she attempted to wrap her arms around the hero, hoping to ensnare him with a bear hug. The demigod knew full well what "magic trick" meant in his context, as she had her fair share of hearing those words when she was a child. Those same words were used to tempt her into accepting the gift of flight for her soul, and then paying the price for being so foolish. It's true, Superion could have wanted to show Grant a magic trick, but the comment was random, and the insult to her just before was unwise. That, and her companion already displayed unusual behavior. As she attempted to intercept the "hero," a wall of energy appeared between them, separating the two from each other. "Superion! What treachery is this?!" She shouted, not even attempting to punch through the force field, as she knew it was constructed to withstand the might of Superion and herself.

A million answers began formulating in her head, as she gazed into his very essence with a scowl that meant you made a huge mistake. Either, Superion was bewitched by a relative of hers, or the weight of being a leader infected his mental stability - like a plague bestowed by Apollo. As much as she wanted to give her former companion a stare that rivaled Thanatos, Personification of Death; her attention went toward the ceiling after her ears picked up the sounds of ceiling panels shifting apart. Lowering and unfolding itself on a stem were laser-filled miniature turrets, awaiting the commands of their master to engage the targets. “Enough of this charade.” She watched in disgust as Superion's dense skin molted, as if he were the long lost brother to the Gorgon Sisters - revealing mechanical parts instead of the ornately patterned hide of a snake. "Malakas!" She cursed in Greek and disgust. The demigod warrior had witnessed and been in circumstances far foul than this, but just witnessing the process of skin molting sent chills down her spine - like Khione's touch. "What have you done with Superion?!" Her voice full of rage and concern for her companion. "Who sent you?!" She asked, knowing full well this mechanical being could have been crafted by the Gods. At first, she believed Hephaestus had betrayed her and @king_leo, but she cast the possibility aside, as her uncle had risked so much to aid her. "Athena as my witness, you will regret the day we crossed paths." Her statement was more of a promise than threat. She did not know what this being was capable of and would not underestimate it, but she surely was going to do some damage or come out victorious.

“Now if you’ll excuse me, I have some place to be. Good luck surviving.” She spat on the floor at the insult, and moved back from the ceiling turrets that aimed downwards at her. She purposely moved to where Mister Surreal and Blubber now stood, possibly just as stunned as she was. Her striking eyes remained locked on the ceiling layer that once stood above her - where the shield separated the heroes from the mechanical Superion. This was done to give her room to enact the plan that formulated in her mind in seconds. The cyborg was foolish for even assuming these toys could slay her - slow her down yes, but survival was in her favor - Praise Tyche. "Mister Surreal, I need you to surround those turrets above us with tiny shields; that way I don't have to worry about getting stunned from above!" She immediately shouted orders, pointing above them and taking over the situation as fast as she could; now that the team leader was compromised. "Grant! I need you to use your body to shield Mister Surreal's rear, but only IF your body can withstand it, and no harm comes to you." She barked, taking notice that the pudgy inspired hero could alter the size of his body. Helena prayed he could alter the density of his body as well, but just in case he couldn't. "Mister Surreal if possible, I need you to also encase Blubber; in case his body cannot withstand the lasers." Those were her final orders and she said them as quickly as possible, knowing full well what was about to happen. Just as she expected, with the snap of his left hand, Helena watched as a volley of lasers fell like rain drops from a cloud formed by Zeus.

Even if she hadn't moved prior, she still could have avoided the rainfall of beaming light. In her perception, the world seemed to come to a halt, as if Kronos had made reality sluggish with his scythe. The lasers fell down in a way that looked as if they had to go through honey to impact the ground. When she agreed to stay and possibly join the ranks of the Justice League Alliance, she was certain Superion or someone on the team took charge of gathering intelligence on each individual, which included her. Was it something she disagreed with? No. If she was being honest, she would do the same thing in case someone was compromised or committed treason. While it was plausible that someone took note on her display during the unfortunate events with Ares, they certainly did not know the true extent of her speed, as she tried her best to conceal how fast she could move and even fly. Praying Mister Surreal and Blubber had her covered from above and the rear, Helena wasted no time in enacting her plan. With time and speed in her favor, the demigod removed her tiara from her forehead - the edges secretly razor-sharp, refined, and gleaming all so beautifully - and flicked her wrist and arm forward, watching as the golden tiara escaped her hand, and sliced through the air - toward the ceiling turrets that guarded the force field. Spinning in a circular motion, the edges of the tiara impacted the first turret, slicing it from it's stem, and then continuing to severe the remaining row. One by one, each turret guarding the shield wall crashed onto the floor in a domino effect. Once her plan worked, Helena retrieved her tiara, catching it in mid-air as it circled around and returned to her.

"Mister Surreal! I need you to shut our defenses down, you are the only one who is capable of teleporting. Once that is over, head to the transporter room. Blubber, you can come aid me or Mister Surreal, the choice is yours!" She placed her tiara over her forehead, removed her sword from her scabbard, and rushed to center of the force field. Using her enchanted sword, Helena made a huge incision in their reality, opening up a portal. She had no time to trace the wound into a gateway, instead she just rushed in and "teleported" where she believed the mechanical being was heading - the transporter room.

Cleaving her way out the other dimension, the former princess rushed out the wound and now stood in the center of the transporter room. Standing in the tube already was the Mechanical Superion, attempting to escape. Not wanting that to happen, Helena immediately hurled her sword into the computer panel, hopefully disrupting it. "I told you. You'll regret the day we crossed paths." She moved to the nearest corner and beckoned the mechanical being to come at her with two fingers.

@paragonxxx@mister_surreal@blubber

#254 Posted by Raptor_Prime (27 posts) - - Show Bio

@cassius_knightfall:

No Caption Provided

Raptor gives a shrug of her well toned shoulders, "It's okay, I'm not ashamed to admit I'm actually human. I just happen to have access to magical powers that allow me to do what I can do. And no, I cannot cast spells." Then she thinks about the last part of her answer before giving him a different one, "I mean, I suppose I could if I tried. But I prefer using the powers I have now."

So, a human. She's a rather unique Knightfall then. Karah knows very little about her family tree, but she does know she's related to many Knightfalls. She's even met Ashley Knightfall, a nice doctor in Gothic City.

Upon asking who else he's going to be meeting today, Cassian might find that his legs are being surrounded by a low hanging fog. The very air feels like a storm is about to hit them. Then he might see her coming out of a wall of clouds inside the hallway. A warrior wielding a mighty hammer. Thunderstorm. The hammer is crackling with energy that is barely contained and the tall 6'2" muscle bound warrior looks at Cassian fearlessly in his eyes, almost as if she's ready to hit him for some unknown transgression.

But then Thunderstorm suddenly smiles politely, shifting her hammer from her right hand to her left before extending her right hand for a hand shake after Raptor introduces her, "Cassian, this is Thunderstorm. Thunderstorm, this is Cassian."

When Thunderstorm speaks, it's feminine but powerful, "Nice to meet you, Cassian."

#255 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (12572 posts) - - Show Bio

@raptor_prime:

Cassius was suprised at the revialtion of a magic based Knightfall. His siblings relied so heavily on the sceince's and advanced mechanics of the human body. Everything was so intensely focussed on proven knowledge, ancient studies and physical application. To hear of knightfall brancing this far into alternative sources of power intrested him greatly. Especially considering their heritage. Making a not to pursue further questioning on the matter later the two Knightfalls started to become envolped in a low laying fog. Covering Cassius to just past the knee in a cold blanket of thick cloud. The clouds flickered as if filled with a micro storm as a large figure walked towards them sparks like fork lightning shot through the storm and broke with a low rumble of thunder.

"Cassian, this is Thunderstorm. Thunderstorm, this is Cassian."

Cass was taken back upon hearing the warriors voice. The armour hid the gender well though perhaps the fog had helped. Turning on his best Knightfall charm in responce.

"The pleasure is all mine. This is quite the display. Tell me, does the storm follow you everywhere?"

Inside he was starting to feel like what possible use would he be to team that had arsenal of this magnitude when he was running around with a weapon from the dark ages. Well a slightly fancyier version perhaps but these people had magic and might and even the elements.

#256 Edited by Mister_Surreal (10254 posts) - - Show Bio

@blubber: @superion_prime: @cassius_knightfall: @shield-maiden:

With each step behind the two characters, the sorcerer got a strange feeling that made him feel close and closer to uncovering the truth what was the cause of the unusual behavior of the team leader. This carried great importance to him since he has learned early on in his career as a protector of Earth that there were many cases in which a person should not rely solely on the evidence laid out before them but also take into account what they felt on an emotional level, and neither of those things made him feel comfortable about the way that Superion was acting. His demeanor was apathetic, his face stiff and his posture without the same appearance of pride that had made him easily recognizable as being the one at the head of the group. He lacked a great many features that had become iconic among the nature of Superion as well as gaining several others that made feel as if he were a different person, making it it more difficult to believe he was who he seemed to be by the second. Judging by the way that Helena clutched her sword, Mister Surreal knew that she felt the same way.

The exit being only a few more steps away from allowing passage to whoever chose to use it, it was fairly clear that if there was indeed something wrong with Superion that it would need to be dealt with right at this time. It made Mister Surreal thankful that Shield-Maiden was a wary as he was, if not more so. But as Superion replied to Shield-Maiden's inquires concerning the reason for his recent change in personality, Matthew started to pay very close attention to how he reacted to everything that the lady had said. "To be honest, something is troubling me.", said the man in blue. Mister Surreal wasn't sure what to except from this sudden alteration in the way that Superion chose to respond to each statement from Shield-Maiden, it being clearly different than the way that he had thus far. However the whole situation did force him to remain cautious at all times, especially since he could practically feel the levels of defensiveness only rising on the aura of Helena, only adding to the feeling that what was about to come next was not to be desired among Shield-Maiden or himself.

He bent his fingers in preparation to cast a spell and as Blubber followed along with likely very little knowledge as to what Shield-Maiden and Mister Surreal feared, he would receive a message from the spell caster that required his immediate attention. "If something bad happens, I want you to run to safety and stay there until I say that it's safe to come out.", he said in a telepathic message. It was of great concern of Mister Surreal's that Blubber remained safe during the possible event that Superion had less than noble intentions on the front of his mind, but it was only when Superion (if than was indeed who he was) offered to show Blubber some sort of magic trick that the sorcerer's suspicions had practically been proven valid. Him being both a wielder of both true and fake magic gave Matthew this almost superhuman ability to determine when a person meant to do good or bad when offering such things. That little known that fact couple with him having noticed the odd behavior of Superion made the reality of the circumstance known do the mage.

Only moments, as if on queue, a force-field was put up between the three heroes and the all but confirmed villains, like a group of mice pinned down in a mouse trap layered with cheese. "Release us, now!" As the magic user said this, the false Superion's skin began to melt off of his very bones, unmasking who he was both literally and physically. "Some sort Cyborg Superion.", Mister Surreal thought as he watched in disgust as half of its flesh melted away like a rotting corpse that was aging before their very eyes. Once this process was compete, Cyborg Superion activated the facilities defense systems before parting with an ill fated goodbye. The sorcerer's immediate response was to create a portal and use it as a way to escape the confines of the energy based prison, but was unfortunately interrupted by the inconvenient sound of the automated weapons being dispatched from the ceiling. "As I told you.", Mister Surreal told Blubber mentally.

No Caption Provided

As the turrets neared the end of their preparation phase and made themselves ready to fire, Shield-Maiden quickly issued out orders to Mister Surreal, instructing him to cast a spell that would cover turrets so that she may pass through without being hit by a barrage of lasers. Frantically, Matthew through his arms over the other, twisted his fingers and castes orbs filled with orange energy that were sent flying towards the rays of energized particles directed at the group of heroes. While this would be normally a simple task for the Sorcerer Supreme, it was the issue of having to split his attention with the orders given to him by Shield-Maiden and attempting to watch over Blubber that made it more than a bit difficult. But what made matters worse was the fact that Shield-Maiden then asked Blubber to cover Mister Surreal's backside, right before asking Mister Surreal to cover him with a shield as well of he could. If Blubber chose to stay, Mister Surreal would try his best to provide him with a shield that could protect him from all the damage of the lasers that would be inflicted.

In the midst of this effort, the glimmer of a metallic object could he seen gliding through the air at corner of Mister Surreal's eye, caught by his peripheral vision as he paid attention to the weapons firing off at them. In what seemed be less than full second, the set of turrets above them had been taken out by the item, only for the object in question to be places on top of Shield-Maiden's head once it had completed its task. The first instinct of Mister Surreal was to look back at Shield-Maiden, as if he were expecting another batch of orders from the leader of their trio and like a good soldier was ready to proceed with the plan set out by their captain. He was instructed by her to go down shut down the bases defenses, likely as a way of keeping any other security measures from attempting to attack them. Unfortunately, the art of technological magic was not one of the Sorcerer Supreme's expertise. Taking out the defense system would require him to be a bit creative.

That was when the spell user got an idea. He began cast the spell that he had previously used on the turrets hanging from above, but this time he would increase the blast radius to the point where it would reach the main power supply that kept the facilities' defensive system active. Normally, this would be caused by an extreme amount of effort on the sorcerer's part, but if he used roughly the same amount of energy to project the field while increasing its range, he figured that he would be able to make something of an EMP. While not an expert in any branch of technology, Mister Surreal did understand the fundamentals of how it worked. The wave of energy would course through the base and knock out the power of the defense systems power supply just long enough to carry out the next mission. And with that, a large orange pool of energy flowed through the base's halls, covering the environment with the similar fiery glow that had encased the turrets.

Once that was compete, Mister Surreal opened a portal to the teleportation room where he could see that Shield-Maiden was now cornering the impostor, looking as ready as ever to engage him or it on a fight. Casting another spell, Mister Surreal turned his hands around each other, making a ring of red runes circle his hands as if he were about to execute a convict. He turned, lowered his eyebrows and stared down the enemy with a reserved but no less stern look. "Choose your next action very carefully."

#257 Posted by Blubber (1326 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonxxx@mister_surreal@shield-maiden

Still standing in the background, Blubber hooped and hollered to gain Superion’s attention. But despite all the misgivings of his fear and the lack of concern from his idol, he still eagerly wanted to speak to Superion and tell him how proud he was to be a team member. Unaware, of how foolish he looked, he continued to jump up and down, while waving his hands, all the while shouting out like a child. Had it not been for his child like nature, he would have come across as annoying, but as it was Grant, shouting out, it became more or less, cute! But because Grant was simplistic in nature, he failed to notice the obvious tension in the room as Shield Maiden spoke with Superion. Instead he kept making a spectical of himself as he kept jumping up and down, with all six hundred pounds in a fluid motion. Suddenly, and quite unexpectedly, he felt an odd sensation followed by the words,"If something bad happens, I want you to run to safety and stay there until I say that it's safe to come out," ringing inside his head. Immediately, he began looking around, unsure of himself, wondering if anyone else heard the same thing. But as he recognized the voice as his friend Matthews, and the fact that he was a few feet ahead of him, facing away, Blubber could only assume it was an off the cuff remark.

But with great joy, his Idol Superion, finally recognized him, and more importantly spoke back, as if his next words were the most important he had ever said. Ignoring everyone else in the hallway, he made it a point to lock eyes with Grant, then oh so cleverly put it, “Hey Grant, want to see a magic trick?” What happened next was like a blur in Grant’s mind, as the actions that followed were beyond his comprehension. It began with Kon flying in at a super speed, his tail wagging, eager to aid the call of Blubber, and hopefully get embraced with one of his ever loving hugs. But if it had stopped there, Grant would not have gone to such a dark place, for immediately afterwards a secret force field materialized between where he and his friends stood, and where Superion now stood gloating. It was then the reason for Superion’s coldness to his teammates became obvious, as part of his skin, peeled away, revealing a metallic skeleton bone structure underneath, complete with one red robotic eye. But before Blubber could utter the words, “What is he doing?” the Sorcerer Supreme reached out with his mind only to reassure Grant with a telepathic message, “As I told you!” But whether it was his fear over seeing his Idol turning into a half human half machine cyborg, or the fact he felt trapped, Blubber never once noticed the station’s defense systems activate, until it was too late!

Coming in from above, several high power turrets shot out from behind hidden compartments, followed by a loud clanking sound. Unfortunately, for Blubber one of them took aim on him, and after a bright glow of energy built up, a single controlled blast came firing down. But as Blubber was still in a state of shock, not only did he failed to notice the blast, he failed to notice Kon jumping in it’s way. Just like in a dramatic movie, Blubber watched the next few minutes in slow motion, as Kon took the blast, only to be knocked unconscious, and plummet to the ground like a sack of wet potatoes. It was then, at that moment, Grant jumped into action, as his right hand morphed into a baby’s cradle, complete with a soft cushion like substance, and safely caught Kon on his way down. Immediately, he began shouting, “Kon! Tell me you’re okay! Please tell me you’re okay!” unaware of everything else in the hallway, and even began petting Kon in a motherly way. But as his hand gently stroke across the dog’s body, his hand turned a slight red as he found a open wound on Kon’s side, small but still bleeding. Had he been there alone, his full attention would be on Kon’s health, and holding him in his arms until he was better. However, he was far from being alone, and with his life and three of his teammates life on the line, Shield Maiden quickly, and abruptly, told him what to do!

No Caption Provided

Clearly keeping a calm head in such a dire situation, Helena began shouting orders, just as the turrets were taking aim. Unaware of Grant’s true potential, she put a lot of faith in his girth, as she gave him one and only one command, "I need you to use your body to shield Mister Surreal's rear,” but even then she was reluctant as she finished, “but only IF your body can withstand it, and no harm comes to you." But as Blubber was still somewhat unsure of his own potential, he looked down upon Kon for guidance, only to see a friend wounded, and could possibly die if he did nothing, he was overcome not with bravery, but with true heroism. Knowing perfectly well that any laser blast that could cut through someone of Kon’s race, could easily cut through him, he still proudly agreed to Helena’s plan. With a quick, “Don’t worry about me, I got Matthew's back, no matter what!” he moved into action.Once again Blubber began morphing his enormous weight, to the point his body took on a wall like structure enclosing the Sorcerer Supreme from three sides, while at the same time increasing his girth to his most harden and durable form. All the while still caressing Kon within his cradle like hand.

With a deep calming breath, he closed his eyes, as he prepared for the incoming fire. In his mind he was ready, as both Matthew and Kon were protected, yet there was still a large level of fear. The next thing Grant heard was the repetitive fire from the stations turret guns, followed by.....PAIN! Never before had he felt such a sensation, as the ten to twenty blasts of pure energy collided with his back. Despite his mutant abilities the blast still managed to burn under his skin, but for no more than a few inches. It was like someone throwing lit matches across bare flesh, but over and over and over. In doing so he only let out a few whimpers, trying his best not to show any signs of weakness, but more importantly, not let his team down. In the end he simply went numb, no longer thinking or aware of his surrounding, just simply standing there as a wall, until the pain would stop. What he did not know was, with the aid of Mister Surreal’s magic, and the enchantment on Shield Maiden’s tiara, the threat had been eliminated, with the broken pieces from the turrets now laying on the floor at their feet. However, Grant was still to scared to open his eyes, even with the flesh on his back returning to normal, were it not for Kon’s playful licks to his face, he would have continued to stand there in that form.

No Caption Provided

With great joy he opened his eyes to see Kon up and moving again, with his wound healed over. Unable to hide his joy he shouted, “Kon! I’m so so so happy to see you alive again!” Normally Grant would spend the next hour and a half, rolling around on the floor with the canine, until both of them were to tired to move, but Shield Maiden made it clear that now was not the time. Still taking the role of the leader she quickly informed the rest of the team what needed to be done, finishing with a direct statement to Grant, “Blubber, you can come aid me or Mister Surreal, the choice is yours!" With a genuine and open smile, he morphed back to his preferred state of being, ready to go, and in all sincerity answered back, “I’d be happy to go with you,” He perks up, “But only if Kon cancome with us?” He then went on to make it clear that he felt that the fake Superion was the greater threat, and that it required more attention, as well as the fact he felt Mathew should be able to handle his part of the mission on his own. With that said, Helena used her sword to cut through the fabric of their reality and open a portal to the transporter room where she immediately rushed in. As for Blubber, at the moment he took only one step into the gateway, he instead turned back hoping to gain Kon’s attention with a flattering puppy call, “Come on Kon, come with meboy!” after which he fully entered the rift hoping desperately Kon made it inside too.

No Caption Provided

Now stepping through to the other side, Grant found himself in the station’s transporter room, with the fake Cyborg Superion standing on the transporter, ready to beam off. It was then Shield Maiden, with her sword firmly in hand, hurled it across the room, deep into the computer panel on the far side, lighting the room in a shower of electrical sparks as the machine went up in flames. It was then she made her intentions perfectly clear as she shouted out loud, "I told you. You'll regret the day we crossed paths." But before the Cyborg Superion could respond, another rift opened in the room, and stepping out from it was Mister Surreal, the Sorcerer Supreme, and like Helena he too prepared for a fight. In doing so he waved one hand over the other until a ring of red runes circle them both, then as he watched his friends back, proclaimed "Choose your next action verycarefully." But oddly enough,it was Blubber who tried to strike first. Acting off anger alone he began morphing his frame larger and larger until he was so big he had to hunch down as not to break the ceiling. Speaking with such hatred that drool flung from his mouth, he yelled for all to hear, “You hurt Kon! You tried to hurt my friends! You’re no Superion, you’re nothing more thana Bad Bad Man!” Holding nothing back, he then morphed his two hands into the shape and size of standard refrigerators, and with his arms stretched out wide, he swung them in from both sides. Unfortunately for him, he fought without training, as his attack was rudimentary, as well as ill conceived, for he was acting off ill fated intentions, and unless he was stopped by some force, he would swing his massive hands down upon the Cyborg Superion, with all his might!

#258 Edited by superion_prime (265 posts) - - Show Bio

@shield-maiden: @mister_surreal: @blubber:

No Caption Provided

The panel is destroyed, preventing Cyborg Superion's escape, at least in that regard. Then when they all gather in the room the power is shut off. If the Cyborg could smile, he would. He doesn't need the power to be on in order to control the surrounding technology, not when he can use himself as a power source. But he doesn't reveal that to them yet.

Before he can respond to either Helena or Mr. Surreal, it's Blubber who decides to jump the gun and attack. In a blur of super-speed, the Cyborg dodges out of the way, "Annoyingly resourceful." He says to both Helena and Mr. Surreal.

"I didn't come here to fight. I came here for information." But he doesn't tell them he already has it.

The Cyborg holds both his hands up in surrender, "I surrender. You got me."

But right palm of the Cyborg's hand glows, firing a laser blast that travels as fast as light at the ceiling. A giant hole is created that leads to the vacuum of outer space. Almost as soon as he fires the blast, the Cyborg Superion flies up and out of it. Now he is attempting to escape another way.

Everything that is not bolted down is now being sucked into space thanks to the hole in the ceiling. Normally a force field would automatically pop into place to prevent such an occurrence but with the power off that is not the case.

Kon isn't sure Blubber can survive the vacuum of space, so the dog grabs the huge man by his shirt collar with his mouth as he tries to prevent Blubber from being sucked into space.

Can Helena survive the vacuum of space to pursue the Cyborg? Mr. Surreal can. If Helena is not able to, he may have to aid her.

If any of them choose to pursue, the Cyborg shows his ability to use himself as a power source for the technology he controls by suddenly sealing the hole with a twitch of his fingers and HOPEFULLY causing one or both Helena & Mr. Surreal to unexpectedly to slam head first into the now closed hole. IF the Cyborg succeeds, then the dented impression the metal makes from their faces causes the Cyborg to laugh, Now that made quite the impression. He thinks to himself in amusement.

#259 Posted by Raptor_Prime (27 posts) - - Show Bio

@cassius_knightfall:

Cassius should not underestimate his value to the team. In the right hands a bow and arrow can be great weapons against those the Justice League Alliance faces. If Apex can do it, so can Cassius. At the question, Thunderstorm grins, "Only when I want it to."

Then Raptor turns to him and asks, "Want to meet the other reservists and members are do you need time to adjust after meeting Thunderstorm?" She grins, winking teasingly at him.

#260 Posted by TheSentinell (641 posts) - - Show Bio
Maybe another time
Maybe another time

#261 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10254 posts) - - Show Bio
#262 Edited by TheSentinell (641 posts) - - Show Bio
#263 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10254 posts) - - Show Bio
#264 Posted by TheSentinell (641 posts) - - Show Bio
#265 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (12572 posts) - - Show Bio

@raptor_prime:

"No need to adjust. Its just the fit of these pants." pausing for a second to see if they laughed before awkwardly adding "Again a pleasure to meet you." Addressing the sizable weather wizard and her hammer. Finally Turning to Raptor and awkwardly smiling before adding "What ever you think is important for an introduction to the place."

#266 Posted by Raptor_Prime (27 posts) - - Show Bio

@cassius_knightfall:

No Caption Provided

Raptor gives him a tour and by the time they are done, Cassius might feel a tap on his left shoulder. But if he looks, no one is there. If he looks the other way, a man dressed in red and yellow is smiling from ear to ear, "Hi, I'm Flash Lightning. Some call me the fastest man alive, but I don't know about that."

Flash Lightning offers to shake Cassius's hand even as Raptor rolls her eyes at tap on the shoulder, made you look, joke.

#267 Edited by Shield-Maiden (2063 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Helena stood in her corner, gazing into the anatomy of the mechanical being - her eyes narrowed and her face unrelenting. If Hephaestus was here, he would marvel over the cybernetic organism and probably attempt to perfect the being into something even more vile. She purposely stood in the corner, hoping to utilize her strengths and the environment against the imposter. Helena was proficient in the arts of Greco-Roman wrestling, Boxing, Muay Thai, and Brazilian Jiiu-Jiitsu - if she could get the cyborg to impulsively engage her while her back was hugging the ropes, she could possibly dominate the walking contraption. Standing on what she had gathered during their encounter with Ares, the demigod warrior made a probable assessment that Superion was not as proficient as she was in close quarter combat. Ares attempt to gradually reduce their strength and effectiveness through sustained attacks both mentally, physically, and spiritually, made her realize that the heroic leader seemed to favor speed and brute force over technique, but then again she could be wrong.

It was unwise for someone to assume and underestimate their opponent, which is why she remained vigilant, and trusted her training and wits to come out victorious. Another problem was the fact that she wasn't certain if the hybrid contained all of Superion's capabilities, making this confrontation even more unpredictable. While her mind and physical stature were eager for an attack, she silently prayed the Goddess Tyche granted her two companions favor over their obstacles - losing more loved ones would only prove her point to Leonel and Lucas, isolating herself further from the world.

"Did you honestly believe you can leave this place unscathed? Now that is foolish thinking." She said, her eyes glancing toward her sword, which was still fixed into the now destroyed computer panel - sparks and flames erupting from the panel like a volcano, as if Hephaestus sought revenge against Zeus for being hurled once again from Mount Olympus. Unbeknownst to her companions, her sword was mysteriously bewitched - it could be recalled to her at a moment's notice, and she intended to use that advantage against the cyborg if he hurled himself at her like a round shot from a cannon. If it was foolish enough to be as impulsive as Ares, it's back would be exposed, giving her the opportunity to recall her sword, which will then pierce through it's back, just to return to it's owner's grasp. There was a possibility the walking contraption could have been forged to have Lucas' blessed hearing, which meant there was a chance it could hear the sword whizzing toward it - but being a daughter of Athena, Helena factored that possibility into her plan, and made it a priority to strike her vambraces against it's tympanic membrane, before recalling the sword in it's attempt to pierce through it's back and out it's organic or biomechatronic heart.

As her mind formulated a plan and considered all possibilities, a portal suddenly appeared in the center of the room, and out emerged the prestige sorcerer himself - Mister Surreal. His long cloak - blood-soaked with yellow trimmings - exited behind with elegance. That cape was as omniscient as her shield, and did not take a liking to Ares uttering a roar so blaring it blasted the sorcerer backwards. She remembered that roar like it was yesterday - war cries, explosions, gunfire, clashing armies - the roar was barbaric and could drive a mortal mad - the horrific sounds of war played over and over in her head for what seemed like an hour. A slight smirk slid across her lips - Tyche had answered her prayers and increased the odds of victory. If this walking contraption held Superion's DNA and his weaknesses, it's organic parts would be vulnerable to both her and Mister Surreal - decreasing it's chances of successfully escaping. While not late, the corpulence aspired hero, Blubber, finally stepped out of the mystical gateway she had created - causing a slight tremor. The former princess wondered how the man-stout was able to follow her path on what seemed to be roots on a tree. "Impressive." She marveled. "Took you both long enough; I was beginning to wonder your fates." She admitted, revealing how attached she was becoming to her companions. Now Cyborg Superion was outnumbered, increasing their odds of victory.

The demigod warrior watched as the sorcerer supreme twirled his hands around each other, making gestures that were similar to that of Hekate. She had to admit, he knew how to put on a play - Dionysus would surely envy him. With a ring of fiery energy now encasing his gloved hands, Mister Surreal was ready to fight side by side with the former princess once more - a warrior of royalty and a sorcerer, oh how the Fates were so humorous. Jason was a demigod warrior, and royalty - his father was Aeson, the rightful King of Iolcus - and Medea was a sorceresses, and the granddaughter of Helios, the former Sun God. "Choose your next action very carefully." Her head glanced back at Mister Surreal who hurled a warning at the cybernetic intruder. She couldn't help but notice the energy circling his hands were runes, the former alphabet of the Germanic People. Feeling a strange connection and sensation to the runes, Helena uttered the unexpected. "Protect the One?" She translated to the sorcerer supreme with curiosity. Despite being born with immense knowledge and wisdom, Helena still yearned to expand her knowledge, and now she found herself wondering if those runes told her companion's fate. A conversation for later, she couldn't allow her curiosity to get the best of her in the heat of battle, no matter how much it irked her to investigate and pry into his magical prowess. "Mister Surreal," She waved away her curious nature. "You and Blubber will entrap th--" Before she could even complete her sentence, the unexpected cry of man-like child severed her words. “You hurt Kon! You tried to hurt my friends! You’re no Superion, you’re nothing more thana Bad Bad Man!

Helena's head swung toward the direction of Grant, only for her to stare in fear and wonder. Fear: Because she knew her companion was about to make a tactical error, and wonder: Because Blubber inflated his anatomy to the point of becoming an oversized round shot. If a cyclops were in the room, she was "certain" his body could "devour the one-eyed giant." "Grant, wait for my instructions!" The overgrown man was so filled with emotion, her words must of sailed past his ears - Ares clouding his judgement and enacting his revenge. Blubber morphed both of his hands into oversized cinder blocks, stretched out wide with both arms - flanking the cyborg's left and right flanks, and attempted to squish him like a car compactor with both of his cinder block hands. "Skata!" She cursed in Greek, as she watched the display with disappointment.

The cyborg predictably was too swift for the corpulence aspired hero, and dodged with little to no effort - embarrassing him. "I didn't come here to fight. I came here for information." The Cyborg Lucas revealed. Helena was no fool - she might not have been Hephaestus, but she was certain the imposter had already gathered all the information he needed - judging by the fact that he tried to escape and had access to all their defenses. "Enough talk!" She knew the organic and biomechatronic imposer was bluffing, and decided the stalling needed to be put to rest. "Mister Surreal," She spoke through the mental link that was established from their encounter with the God of War. "....Blubber" The demigod carefully acknowledged him after his impulsive display. "I need you both to pin him down; that way I can beat it into submission. I'll engage first," She informed them. "And Grant-follow me and Mister Surreal's instructions." The former princess instructed as politely as she could.

Combining her superhuman speed and agility, Helena first dashed toward the cybernetic menace, moving to tackle it by the waist - a ruse attempt from what she really intended to do. Knowing full well she was dealing with a cybernetic organism who seemed to mimic Superion's superhuman speed, and not intending to make the same mistake as her companion, the demigod warrior stopped herself midway, leapt into the air, and then attempted to somersault over the half-mechanical being - but before she could enact her plan, the cyborg unexpectedly shot a energy blast from his hand at the ceiling, creating a crater into the vacuum of space. What happened next was detrimental to their plan: The hole was like the mouth of Chaos, violently inhaling everything that seemed succulent and pleasant to it's vast abdomen - equipment, a demigod, a sorcerer, and a overweight mutant - Chaos did not discriminate.

Since she was already in the air when the watchtower was breached, the air contained inside rushed to fill the body of Chaos, dragging her toward him, like an overpowered vacuum. Being as quick-witted as her mother, the demigod warrior grabbed her lariat from the side of her waist - with haste and a sound mind. Unrolling the rope, Helena then twirled the lariat above her - gaining the right momentum - and then hurled the golden rope at the bolted destroyed computer panel with precision. The noose of the rope fastened itself around the panel, and with two hands the demigod then pulled, tightening the loop around the stem of the computer - preventing herself from being devoured-for now.

The only thing keeping Helena's body now from being blown away was her enchanted golden lariat. She held on firmly as best as she could, her lean tone muscles tensing from holding on ever so tightly. The former princess could feel the air pressure working against her, shoving her with full force, as if Boreas, God of the North Wind and Winter, was attempting to hurl her outward with his subzero breath. She knew judging by how much weight she was putting on the computer panel and the violent air working against her, the stem of the panel would just snap, and send her and it into the mouth of the Primordial. The demigod warrior only needed a few seconds for her mind to assess the situation and then formulate a plan.

Everything around her, including her skin, felt the effects of below zero temperature: the moisture of her running nose froze - her eyebrows caught frost - and the tips of her long wavy hair became as white as Zeus'. The walls that surrounded the room were now covered in a layer of ice, as if Khionê had stroke them with her deadly touch. She should of been a lifeless corpse and taken by Thanatos by now, due to mortals being unable to use the oxygen present in space in order to breathe. But Helena found herself pondering - wondering how her body was not shutting down from the oxygen in her blood dropping and boiling. That's until she realized she was holding her breath the entire time - being a half-goddess, she must of had more time to hold her breath in before her lungs ruptured. As much as she wanted to glance toward the fate of her companions, she trusted their capabilities to preserve their life. Launching itself upwards, the demigod warrior watched as the intruder took flight and escaped from it's exit. Time was running out. Looking over her shoulder as she still held onto the gold thick strand of rope while midair, Helena gazed up at the giant crater behind her - she couldn't allow it to escape nor did she have time to wait until the stem of the computer panel to snap and her lungs to collapse.

Aware of Mister Surreal's position as the Sorcerer Supreme, Helena counted on him to seal off the hole with his sorcery or to encase himself and Blubber in some sort of magical force field to shield them from the hazardous body of Chaos. She counted herself out of the equation, assuming it would be a risk for Mister Surreal to use up so much of his attention on five separate task - sealing the crater, engaging the intruder, encasing her, Blubber, and himself. Helena factored all these into her process of thinking and formulated a plan that could work if played right. The only concern with this plan was that it was as risky as the German Empire waging a U-Boat campaign against neutral ships, drawing the United States into World War I. What other choice did she have? She could not overburden her men, and she was running out of time. Suddenly the stem from the computer panel began to creak. "Mister Surreal! If you could encase yourself and Blubber with your magic, that would suit you both well. Do not worry about my well-being. I have a plan." The former princess told them both through the mental link. The plan she formulated was risky, it could go sideways depending on the specific power or ability she selected from within herself. If the power was too much for her demigod physiology, she could turn on her companions much faster, and that was the risk. She vowed to never use this mysterious power again, not after the incident with the village - The Fates had other plans. Mentally looking at the options scattered before her, Helena made her decision - a decision she prayed she would not regret.

No Caption Provided

Releasing her hands from the strand of rope - leaving it behind, knowing it would return to her in the heat of battle - the demigod princess allowed the intense air pressure to lead her toward the hole in the ceiling. Taking one last glance at her teammates with a look of dread, the former princess removed her vambraces as she was dragged midair - one by one, each was devoured by the mouth of Chaos. A bright aura of blue energy now surrounded and generated from Helena's body - steaming and emitting from the outline of her figure. The anatomy of her eyes were also overtaken with power - sky blue and steaming. "Bestow upon me the power and ability to survive the vast body of my relative!" She commanded, her voice full with power - enough to corrupt a good mortal.

Unbeknownst to the demigod, she summoned a power and ability from one of her relatives in her Greek lineage - Erebos, Primordial of Darkness, and Son of Chaos and Gaea. While she always knew about this gift hidden within her, she refused to use it due to it's effects on her mental state. Whenever she unleashed this power to the world, she found herself gradually losing rational thought, and unleashing a fit of frenzy - attacking friend or foe. The longer she stood in this state and depending on whose power she selected from her long line of relatives, the worse she became. Now she understood why her mother warned her to never remove her vambraces, unless absolutely necessary.

As she finally drew inches away from being devoured, she watched with a menacing grin as a layer of metal suddenly sealed the ceiling - the cyborg attempting to cause her or one of her companions to crash into it as it sealed shut. What the cybernetic being didn't know, she gained the ability to slip through her own shadow, phase through the ceiling, and come out the other end. "I warned, you will regret the day we crossed paths, did I not? I intend to keep that promise." She warned the half-mechanical organism as she now hovered in the body of Chaos. "Mister Surreal once you and Blubber accompany me, I need you both to entrap this walking contraption as quickly as possible. Time is not in our favor." She glanced at her glowing hands, knowing she would soon feel the effects of staying in this state.

@paragonxxx@mister_surreal@blubber

#268 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (12572 posts) - - Show Bio

@raptor_prime:

Cassius took in the tour, making notes of all the important sites and locations in order to better use them. The call would come one day in which these places could be key to a victory or even saving his own life. The site was impressive, even for someone who was used to eleborate Knightfall bases. The funding for such a base of operations must be astonomical Cassius wondered how such wealth was accumilated. He had seen the coruption of Government run teams with a scar on the side of his head still evident from where they had placed a bomb. Private run teams where not much better as they often had unique individual goals. Cassius didnt feel this was the case but who was behind the team finacially who did they operate under?. These where all things he would prefer to sleuthly detail for himself.

Upon reaching the end of the tour an odd sensation struck him. Tap, tap breeze over shoulder then other before a streaked blur fading into solid form in front of him. A loud crack echoing after all movement ceased. The fastest man alive introduces himself. Reaching out to shake the mans hand. A rapid hand shake followed. Cassius looked at his elbow as he felt something tweak. Masking it as best he could.

"Nice to meet you."

Turning to Raptor before adding

"I will retire to my quarters. Call me if you need me."

#269 Edited by ParagonxXx (3999 posts) - - Show Bio
#270 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (12572 posts) - - Show Bio
#271 Edited by ParagonxXx (3999 posts) - - Show Bio
#272 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10254 posts) - - Show Bio

@shield-maiden: @blubber: @superion_prime:

As the three heroes stood before the cybernetic intruder making themselves ready for what seemed like and inevitable conflict that was about to ensue, Mister Surreal thought about what had happened to the real Superion that would lead to them being faced with the this imposter. If he was defeated in a with this being then that would make him a threat to everyone there, even with the combined might that the group of heroes possessed on him. The sorcerer knew that they needed to deal with him in such a way that they could render him as being less than a threat, it was imperative that they didn't engage the machine without coming up with a plan that would allow them to win this fight in the most effective way possible. It was at this moment when the sorcerer glanced at Shield-Maiden as way of making a request on what Blubber and his instructions were, only to notice her eying the runes that he had travelling around his hands.

It was more than likely to Mister Surreal that her natural sense of curiosity would drive her to take interest in the symbols that the spell caster was using, Shield-Maiden was after all the daughter of the Goddess of Wisdom, it was natural for her to want to obtain knowledge on various abilities that would not normally be seen. It did pop into the mind of Mister Surreal however that he should not spend a great amount of time thinking about Shield-Maiden's thought process and instead keep his mind on the problem that needed to be dealt with at that moment. Just as that conclusion was reached, Helena to went to tell Grant and Mister Surreal what they should do to combat the threat. She was able to explain the first part of it, but was not to long afterwards interrupted by Blubber who was quick to try to avenge the pet that he had become so close with in the time that he had spent with him. Mister Surreal knew right off the bat in his very core that Blubber's plan to engage wouldn't end well.

Shield-Maiden would try and stop Blubber right as he went to attack, but found that it was too late to keep him from hurling the blow towards the metallic attacker. "Grant! No!" were the only set of commands that would leave the magic user's mouth, in one desperate attempt in keeping Grant from fulfilling the attack that would send the entire operation from going off the rails. It was like the one that had come before it, something that was already too late by the time that it happened. As was excepted by the allies of Blubber, the attack didn't go as planned an instead resulted in the Cyborg making its way out of the path of the mace like attack with a single fluid motion. "Grant, what have you done?", Mister Surreal questioned the ball of mass with only the most disappointed tone that he could have given at the moment. It was his main hope now that Shield-Maiden could come up with an alternative plan at defeating this opponent, while Mister Surreal was a fairly good strategist in his own way, Shield-Maiden's enhanced mental process was more powerful in a conflict than his.

After listening to what Shield-Maiden had to say, it was immediately witnessed that she had gone to attack the foe before he had a chance to launch his own attack at the ones who now stood in his way. In a blur of motion that was barley able to be conceived by the ever watchful eyes of the master of the mystic arts, Shield-Maiden rushed at the waist of Cyborg Superion before leaping over him at the last second which looked to be her way of gaining the upper hand in the fight. Mister Surreal was impressed by this tactic, but that feeling would be short lived as the sight of the Cyborg firing a hole into the roof of the room was seen right as the next attack was to be launched. This caused Shield-Maiden to go flying off into the direction of the abyss of space instead of the plan of the advantage being gained when jumping at the enemy. Like it was his second nature, Mister Surreal created a force field that would surround Blubber, Kon and himself in order to keep them from being affected by the gaping hole that now plagued everyone who was in the environment.

It was then that Cyborg Superion decided to make his escape by using the hole into the void that he made, only for Mister Surreal to attempt and fail to hit him with a series of magical blasts of energy that would be powerful enough to at least incapacitate him. Since that plan didn't follow through as it had been hoped, Mister Surreal thought of creating a barrier around Shield-Maiden as well in order to keep her safe. That was his major priority, making sure that Shield-Maiden was kept out of harms way from not only the gods that chased her but also anything that could threaten her in any way. The only reason why he didn't already put up a barrier as way to keep Shield-Maiden safe as well was because of of her specific instructions not to do so. Reluctantly, the sorcerer listened to the demigoddesses orders as if she were Athena herself, only if it was for the reason that she would have a plan. Not long after Shield-Maiden's decision to find her own way out of the problem, her grip of the lasso that kept her from being sent into space was now released.

Mister Surreal gazed into Shield-Maidens eyes as the room seemed to slow down at the moment that she let go of the rope, making the second that of her flying off into space feel like an eternity. The mage believed that he had failed his mission to protect the daughter of wisdom and broke his promise to her mother that he would keep her child safe. His failure was not only enormous because he had failed a goddess, bit failed a mother who trusted him with the life of her daughter. Before he could yell in anguish at what he believed to have happened, a brilliant wave of blue light emulated out of Shield-Maiden as she removed her vambraces. Like a bolt of lightning at caused her to be surround by a powerful current of diving power that was hers to command. Without another moment to process what happened, Shield-Maiden phased through the roof of the tower using her own shadow as a portal through the now closed gap. Mister Surreal removed the force field protecting the three once he knew that the danger was gone.

"Helena, are you still there?!" Mister Surreal called out like a guardian looking after the subject of their protection. He promptly received his response from the warrior through the telepathic link that proved to be as useful as ever. Once he knew that Shield-Maiden was presumably in a condition to battle this threat, Mister Surreal would have become impressed by the new trick that she displayed if he wasn't so released that she was OK. After the new commends had been sent out by Shield-Maiden, it was time for Mister Surreal to begin working on reversing the damage that had been done to station through his magical blast of energy, with the planned getting the power back in time to put Cyborg Superion into his very own cell.

Avatar image for apex_predator87
#273 Posted by Apex_Predator87 (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthunter

An alert blinks red and blares loudly until Apex answers it in her cave. It's from the JLA moon base and according to the alert, it's just gone dark. That can only mean one thing. Trouble. She's too busy to check this out herself because of the case she is working on. So, she decides it's time to activate her contingency plan. She presses a few buttons as she inputs some quick commands.

A round black drone flies out of the cave and seeks out Knight Hunter. When, and if, the drone finds the hero, then it immediately activates a holographic image of Apex. "Knight Hunter, I am Apex and I have been keeping tabs on your activities. Your doing good work. I'm sorry I can't do this in person. I know this is on very short notice, but I have an emergency that needs your special talents. The Justice League Alliance's base on the moon has gone dark. I'm too busy to check this out myself, so I need you to go up there and see what is going on. If the JLA need your help, I suggest you help them in any way that you can. One last thing: This is also a formal invitation to join the team as one of it's members. If you accept, just grab the drone and it will do the rest. If you refuse, you'll be given temporary access to the moon base, long enough for you to help. I have already sent my endorsement of your membership to Superion, the team's leader. Good luck. Apex out."

The hologram shuts off and the drone floats there waiting for Knight Hunter's response. Should he response by grabbing it, then the drone makes a beeping sound before trying to envelope the hero in a beam of light as it attempts to transport itself, and Knight Hunter, to the Moon Base. The very room with the hole in the ceiling is the one he might end up in. Through the hole, the battle can be seen up there. The drone tries to surround Knight Hunter in a force field as it tries to take him to the scene of battle. However, if Knight Hunter can do it on his own, then the drone let's him. The force field also serves as protection from outer space and provides a breathable atmosphere. But again, if Knight Hunter doesn't need those things, then the drone does not provide them.

#274 Posted by KnightHunter (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: @shield-maiden@blubber

Looking over the city on a roof watching for crime, Knight Hunter spots a drone flying towards him. The drone plays a holographic message by a member of the Justice League Alliance named Apex, telling Knight Hunter he is needed by the Justice League Alliance. After the holographic message ends, without a second thought, Knight Hunter grabs the drone and then the drone starts beeping. Without a moment's notice, Knight Hunter was teleported to the JLA moon base.

After being teleported into the moon base, Knight hunter saw three members of the JLA recovering from the fight they were just in. Walking up to the three heroes, Knight Hunter started to explain how he got there and why. After a response from a large man known as Blubber, Knight Hunter asked “where is the real Superion?” After another response from Blubber, Knight Hunter explained that he was teleported up here by another member of the League known as Apex. After more talking. Blubber explained that before they do anything, the League has to turn the power back on. The other heroes asked Knight Hunter for his assistance to take down the Cyborg Superion and he accepted. All of the Heroes started to prepare for the fight that was about to happen. With the help of Knight hunter the heroes surely believed that they can take down the Cyborg Superion for good.

#275 Posted by TheSentinell (641 posts) - - Show Bio

In the emptiness of the cosmos of the universe, Altair (another name change) quietly watched the feud between the heroes and the robotic super-villian. They battled against this evil for a while and it kinda seemed endless. The Sentinel was aware of the dangers that he was capable of and he thought that they would've stopped it by now. Now, however wasn't the time to act, he needed to become the element of surprise is this got outta hand. He was pretty confident in the lack of knowledge that the ship had about The Golden God and he was pretty sure that noone knew where he was. He continued to rest on Saturn's rings, close enough to get there in time if he is needed, but far enough that noone could be alarmed by his presence. The fantastic feats of power and heroism amazed him and occasionally applauded. He silently watched as Goddesses, Sorcerers, Heroes, and Vigilantes battle the artificial evil that walks and flies like their leader.

He continued to watch the battle from afar, and decided to let those with the strongest sight know he presence by illumiante the space around just a little so that noone on earth could possible know his location.

(OOC: Sorry for it being short i was in a bit of a rush

#276 Edited by Mister_Surreal (10254 posts) - - Show Bio
#278 Posted by TheSentinell (641 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal:

More accurately, "Has the Power To CARRY the team but lets them have fun"

#279 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10254 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesentinell:

You? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEE.

#280 Posted by Blubber (1326 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal@shield-maiden@paragonxxx@knighthunter

No Caption Provided

Blubber was mad, angrier than he had ever been. The only thought running through his mind was revenge on the man that caused his friends pain. With hate in his eyes he morphed his frame larger and larger, grunting all the time until he was so big he had to hunch down so as not to break the ceiling. He then continued by morphing his two hands into the shape and size of standard refrigerators, ready to slam them together with the evil Superion in between. But in his haste to act, he was not thinking clearly, and in fact was endangering the team, therefore at the moment he struck, both Mister Surreal and Shield Maiden yelled for him to stop. But no matter how mad Blubber was, he still heard his friends cry and as such turned his head towards them at a crucial moment, at which point everything changed. In the blink of an eye the Cyborg Superion dodged the attack, and quite easily with the use of his super speed, and even had the time to comment, "Annoyingly resourceful." leaving Grant literally and figuratively looking like a fool. As such, his entire massive frame came crashing to the ground as he stumbled, only to quickly bounce back up and rejoin his teammates, with a low sighing, “...gee, I um, hope I didn’t make things worse...

Unfortunately for him, despite all the carnage going on in the room, what hurt him next was the comment from his friend, Matthew. Watching as Grant made such a foolish mistake, the only thing the Sorcerer Supreme could say was, "Grant, what have you done?" But what hurt the most was the way he said it. For deep in his voice came the most disappointed tone that he could have given, letting Grant know that what he did was pure...wrong! Because of this, Grant immediately shut down, as he lowered his head in shame. He was now slow and sluggish, moping around, afraid to make eye contact, as he silently mumbled the words, “....i just wanted to help....” Unsure of what to do next he slowly and quietly stepped back out of the way, until reaching the far wall where he remained there silent until given orders. But by sheer luck it wasn’t long, for just after the evil Cyborg Superion boasted, "I didn't come here to fight. I came here for information." it was Shield Maiden that made the cry for battle! With a resounding "Enough talk!" she rallied the troops, then silently, through the mental link earlier established by Mister Surreal, personally informed Grant, “follow my and MisterSurreal's instructions!

But, even as the Cyborg Superion stood in the face of some of the J.L.A.’s most powerful members, he stood there with an ace up his sleeve. With his hand raised over his head, he spoke with a strong mechanical tone, "I surrender. You got me." but as his face was a steel skull, void of expression, it was impossible to tell whether he was being serious or not. Either way Grant watched as Helena jumped into action, as she dashed toward the cybernetic menace, only to alter her forward attack into a somersault, that took her soaring up and above her enemies head. But even as it was a move Grant had seen time and time again in the comics or the news on TV, he was overly impressed to see it in real life and was even moved to say, “Wow! Look at her Go!” Suddenly, and without warning, the Cyborg Superion released a single blast of energy from his hand, strong enough to blow a hole through the reinforced structure of the J.L.A.’s station. In an instant the pressure in the room dropped as the vacuum sucked everything out. Anything not strapped down immediately went flying through the hole, along with the majority of air in the room.

But as Blubber was in his preferred state of being, more light and bouncy as opposed to thick and hard, he too was immediately sucked up to the hole. Realizing that his friend was in trouble, the ever vigilant Kon was ready to act. With his massive jaw, he clamped down tight on Blubber’s shirt collar, careful enough not to tear through what passes as his flesh, and anchored him to the ground. For the next few seconds, the two fought as Blubber struggled to get free shouting, “No no no, you got to let me go so I can help!” But instead Kon kept a firm grip, unable to respond for fear his over sized friend would be swept away. In the end it was the evil Cyborg Superion that acted next, for in the middle of it all, he abruptly made his escape by flying up and through the hole, only to reach the vast emptiness of space, where he looked down upon the station only to enjoy his victory! Meanwhile, inside the station the chaos continued, Blubber finally came to the realization that he could anchor himself by increasing the mass of his weight, so while Mister Surreal was attacking the Cyborg with a series of magical blasts of energy, he became increasingly heavier and heavier until settling down like a rock, right next to Kon who proceeded to lick his face as a reward for his good deeds!

But as the room was still spiraling out the gaping hole, lives were on the line. As such Shield Maiden quickly came up with a plan. Using the psychic link between the three, she sent out the message “Mister Surreal! If you could encase yourself and Blubber with your magic, that would suit you both well. Do not worry about my well-being. I have a plan." to which Mister Surreal immediately complied. The next thing Grant knew was that a clear but visible wall enveloped him inside, sparing him and Kon from the pull. Like a child he poked and prodded the shield’s edges, curious to its nature, forgetting where he was, that was until Helena made her next move. With no fear for her well being, she released her grip on her lasso, only to be pulled towards the hole. Immediately, Blubber ran to the edge of the shield and immediately begin banging his fists against it hard. With pure fear in his eyes, he shouted, “Helena NO!” as he thought she was heading towards her death, and once again he had that special feeling for her, unlike a feeling he had ever had before.

Unable to do any thing about it, Grant anxiously watched Shield Maiden draw closer to the gaping hole, when suddenly she stopped to remove her vambraces. Upon doing so, a bright aura of blue energy surrounded her body, resonating around her as raw power. At the same time her eyes took on a blue glow, giving her a new look of God like proportions. But despite the fact the glow was pleasant in its nature, it was the way Helena began to act that frightened Grant the most. In his eyes she seemed more barbaric, more driven than her previous self, making him wonder what she would do next. But as he was still held inside the Sorcerer Supreme’s force field, all he could do was watch as she drew further and further into her new role, even as she began shouting, "Bestow upon me the power and ability to survive the vast body of my relative!" But no matter how he felt about her, she was still a hero and as such she bravely headed towards the hole, only to have it seal up tight just before her. Embracing her new powers she simply slipped through her own shadow, only to vanish from Blubbers’ sight, leaving him to wonder, “Is she.....okay?” But as luck would have it, in the middle of his doubt and concern he receive the telepathic link from her, calmly suggesting, "Mister Surreal once you and Blubber accompany me, I need you both to entrap this walking contraption as quickly as possible. Time is not in our favor."

With no more signs of a present danger, Mister Surreal dispersed his force field with just a wave of his hand, then immediately called out telepathically to make sure Helena was safe. At the same time the sounds of every machine on the station simultaneously shut down, leaving Grant and Matthew alone in the teleportation room, lit only by a flashing red light. Suddenly a mechanical voice alerted, “System wide shut down in process! All station’s computers should be up and running in seven minutes.” But before anyone could say another word, a flickering image shined in the middle of the room, that slowly came into focus. In the end an intimidating figure in Kevlar and armor appeared to all and immediately began explaining the reason for his intrusion. Oddly enough Blubber excepted the newcomer’s arrival in his good hearted way, despite whatever Mister Surreal was thinking, and even took the time to say, “You showed up just in time, Shield Maiden may be in trouble!” But it wasn’t until he passionately inquired, “where is the real Superion?” that the two truly began to trust him. Once again Blubber was happy for his arrival and was seconds away from giving him one of his special hugs, when the lights on the station lit up brighter than before. Simultaneously, the station came to life with the sounds of computers humming. But just as a mechanical voice alerted, “All systems are now up and running!” that everything went wrong!

No Caption Provided

With a new surge of energy rushing through the station, the machine that Shield Maiden pierced with her sword, began overloading. Immediately, sparks flew as crackling sounds resonated, leaving Blubber to say, “Don’t worry guys,” he then stands proudly in his conviction, “I can handle this!” Without another word he positions himself on the teleportation pad in order to get closer to the machine. Then with one of his trade mark smiles, he morphs his hands out like two giant blankets. But just before smothering out the machine, he ill advisedly remarks, “And when we are done here! We cantend toShield Maiden!” Once again a mechanical voice rang out, this time coming from the damaged control panel. In between certain pops it read, “Voic# recognition Gr&nt Fr*mp, cod^na+e Blub@#r! Request comm&nd. SEND to Shi&ld Ma!den Activat#d!!!” The next thing Grant knew was his body began to fade away, as he felt his body dispersing on a molecular level. He barely had time to shout out, “Guys, Help! What’s happening to me?” before he was totally gone. But the worst part was, just as the last of him flickered away, he was positive he saw the damaged machine explode, consuming the entire teleportation room in a ball of fire! There forth, as his body was being teleported away his only thoughts were, “Dear God I hope my friends are alright?!?!

The next thing he knew, he was now floating alone in the vacuum of space, a good way away from the station. Oddly enough he was not dying from lack of oxygen or freezing from the cold. The only thing he was doing was giggling in joy, “Oh my God I’m floating in space. This is so COOL!!” For this was a more than a once in a lifetime moment, this was outer space. Had he been any smarter he would question everything including how the hell he could talk in a vacuum of space, but for now he simply relished in the moment. But all that changed when he looked outwards to see Helena and the evil Cyborg Superion preparing for battle. Filled with confidence, he set out towards them to aid his partner, only to realize he was incapable of moving in zero gravity! Immediately, he began to panic, fluttering his arms up and down in the hopes it would help, when he caught a glimpse of the J.L.A. station below. Unable to see if it was in one piece, or on fire, he recognized it as a solid foundation and immediately reached out to grab it. With his right hand stretching out further and further, it continued to stretch out until grasping something solid. Once hooked he then pulled himself down like a wrench, until he safely had both of his feet firmly planted on the moon!

But despite everything, his biggest concern was the protection of his friend Shield Maiden, and of course, to stop the evil Cyborg Superion. As usual he looked around for something to throw, but other than rare moon rocks and the occasional waste from the station, there was none. Plus as sadly as it seems, Blubber was not adept to fighting in space. But no matter what, he was not going to let another of his friends get hurt. Trying his best not to panic, he closed his eyes and thought back on all the movies and cartoons he had ever watched, thinking specifically on all the fight scenes. But just before giving up, he remembered the age old advantage of......distraction! Going off a lot of faith, he began morphing his eyes to the point they would get larger, thus enabling him to see better, he watched and waited for the right moment to inform Helena of his wondrous plan. Using the telepathic bond, created by Mister Surreal, he thought peaceably as he thought, “Helena, it’s me Blubber! I’m right here, down on the station!” He then waved his hand back and forth like a proud child, only to finish, “I have asuper duper plan!” Once again he clears his mind, thinking it would make the telepathic bond more pleasurable!

No Caption Provided

Still thinking out loud he goes on”On the count of ten I’m gonnatry and distract the evilSuperion, and when I do, I need you to strike.” Hoping she heard every word he began counting down from ten on his fingers, until finally reaching the last digit. At that point he pushed and stretched what would pass as his vocal cords to the point when he spoke, a roar would come out. Therefore, at the right moment he shouted as loud as he could, “HEY SUPERION! OVER HERE!” hoping it would be enough. For if at any moment the Cyborg Superion would look away from Shield Maiden, that would be her moment to strike. But with no idea what the Cyborg Superion was capable of, anything could go wrong. Therefore if something did, and the evil Superion was not distracted or even worse, found someway to harm the heroic Shield Maiden, he would continue thinking over and over to Knight Hunter and Mister Surreal, “Please hurry up and help!” Either way, he readied himself for a fight, as he solidified his mass to its heaviest proportion, with his fists clinched tight. For one way or another, the Evil Superion needed to be stopped!

#281 Posted by superion_prime (265 posts) - - Show Bio

@shield-maiden: @mister_surreal: @knighthunter: @blubber:

Unfortunately for the hero with the heart of gold known only as Blubber, he doesn't realize, or perhaps he's forgotten, that sound does not travel in space. Thus, his distraction doesn't work because Cyborg Superion does not hear him. Nor does he hear what Helena says to him. He sees her lips move, can deduce what she says, but he hears no sound.

All he knows is that Helena is in stubborn pursuit even as the Cyborg continues to flying away. A magical energy blast from Mr. Surreal actually manages to hit the Cyborg and causes his right mechanical leg to become damaged. It suddenly pops off, activating thrusters and transforming into a spear in an attempt to impale Helena in her heart. Then the Cyborg regrows a new mechanical leg in the place of the old one. According to data gathered by Apex, she has theorized that Superion might be a little faster than Helena, which is why the Cyborg is not overly concerned that she'll somehow fly fast enough to overtake him as he pours on the speed. Then again, Apex doesn't know that Helena can fly so she doesn't know how fast Helena truly is. Still, better safe than sorry.

A new hero arrives on the scene. Knight Hunter, but so far the hero is a bit too far away to do anything about the Cyborg unless he comes up with some kind of plan. He is an unknown. The Cyborg doesn't know his weaknesses. He knows the others. Suddenly he thinks of a plan. The Cyborg stops dead in his tracks even as a piece of his old leg breaks off and zooms down to where Mr. Surreal is, transforming itself into a strange disc like object and attaches itself to the man's chest. At least, it tries to. A device that Apex invented to drain the magic from the man, cause it hard to concentrate.

Then the Cyborg looks straight at Helena, attempting to slam her in her solar plexus in order to stun her long enough to talk. If he could grin, he would, He puts them both in a force field with a recyclable air supply so they can talk, "Just now, I have Mr. Surreal at my mercy thanks to draining his magic. He's powerless. I open that roof again, he dies as he is sucked into the vacuum of space. So, you have a choice, daughter of Athena. You can continue fighting me and I'll kill Mr. Surreal. Or, you can save him but you can't do both. The choice is yours. Make it carefully."

With that, the entire JLA station begins turning and twisting into some kind of mechanical construct in order to make it more difficult for the others to offer Mr. Surreal aid and make Helena's choice all that much harder. With that ultimatum in hand, the Cyborg pops the air bubble as he once again begins flying away at top speed. Helena now has a choice. Let the Cyborg get away and let Mr. Surreal die thanks to knowing the man's weakness or save him.

#282 Posted by Shield-Maiden (2063 posts) - - Show Bio

"Helena, are you still there?!" A concerning voice echoed inside her head. Hearing one of her closest allies, Mister Surreal, aided her in preventing the mystical energy from consuming her mental state. The two had been through much together, and that reminded her that he was a companion, not an enemy. Still, there was a part of her that wanted to turn around, and use her bestowed power to manipulate the darkness surrounding the cosmos, against her own teammates. Her mind began to create a scenario where she commanded the primordial darkness to engulf the space kingdom, and devour it whole. "I a-am..well. Ju-Just be quick." She stuttered through the mental link. Her speech was beginning to deteriorate, clearly making it difficult for her to even speak or think properly.

Unbeknownst to her, her hidden power had tapped into a power so ancient, it existed during the process of creation. Chaos was the initial state of the universe, and from him came forth Erebos, the personification of darkness. Helena had tapped into that primordial darkness, and because of how ancient it was, her state of mind began to deteriorate much faster. While she was unaware of whom she selected, she still could feel it's primal nature coursing through her veins. The darkness wanted to consume the blue mystical energy that flowed from the outline of her body, but she wanted to catch the cyborg by surprise. If she allowed her body to be encased in an aura of darkness, he would know she was manipulating everything around them.

Her fingers began to fidget, urging her to ensnare the intruder in a cloak of nothingness. It traveled from her leg to her feet, beckoning her to surround her legs in a rotating column of darkness, so she could levitate and display her immense power. Her deteriorating mind began to flood with different methods on how to use this power offensively and defensively. One idea was to generate the darkness from her hand, and then solidify it into a sword. The other idea was to encase herself in armor, and then emit solid spikes of darkness to keep her opponent at a distance, much like a puffer fish. The darkness that surrounded both her and the cyborg was now under her complete authority.

Helena, it’s me Blubber! I’m right here, down on the station!” The voice of the man-child rang in her head, causing her to make a snarled expression. Helena was like a nuclear ticking bomb, much like Ares, anything could set her off at this point. With the corner of her glowing eyes, she caught a glimpse of Blubber who somehow was surviving the lack of oxygen and freezing temperatures of space. He waved back and forth at her like a child, which only infuriated her. Here she was about to confront their foe who had impersonated and possibly kidnapped their beloved leader, and he was just standing by as this imposter made a mockery of them. She wanted to generate a tiny sphere of darkness from her finger, and then project it at him. ”On the count of ten I’m gonnatry and distract the evilSuperion, and when I do, I need you to strike.” He finally contributed, easing the rising tension stacking against her. The demigoddess waited for the hero to enact his plan, but nothing happened, and they were once again made to look incompetent.

It took much for her to keep the burning fuse inside of her from reaching the gunpowder, and violently propelling toward Blubber, like an artillery shell. The rage crashing against her, it felt like she was standing in the presence of the God of War himself. Never before had the symptoms of removing her vambraces affected her in this way. Whatever power she tapped into, it was eating away everything that made her a child of wisdom. She needed to act with haste, before she became an enemy to her companions. Luckily for her, the intruder acted first. She watched as he transformed his damaged leg into a spear, and then loosed it at her with precision and speed. In normal circumstances, she would have been impaled - if it penetrated through her breastplate - but unbeknownst to him and herself, she held the power of Erebus

Being that darkness travels at the same speed as light, the demigoddess saw the projectile heading toward her. While she could have dodged the moving object using the speed of light, she held herself back, knowing if she used that amount of speed, she would succumb to her animal instincts instantly. Instead, she used just enough speed to sidestep the spear, dodging it by mere inches. Helena needed to be smart, and use this power wisely, if she wanted to catch the imposter by surprise. Even when she held herself back from moving at the speed of light, the effects of using this ancient power continued to diminish her mind. The cyborg then once again used his damaged leg to project itself toward the direction of Mister Surreal, transforming itself into a strange circular snare in mid-flight. Helena wanted to fly back toward Mister Surreal, but if she did so, the intruder would get away with all the classified information he obtained from their watchtower.

In an attempt to strike at her, Cyborg Superion moved to slam his fist into her stomach. Still one with darkness, she saw the punch coming at her, and had the opportunity to counter attack, but instead allowed his fist to bury into her armored gut. There was a probable chance Mister Surreal could be in trouble, and while she believed there was a possibility he handled the situation, she had to also believe he was in danger. The demigoddess had a plan, and it was a plan that had to succeed because she was running out of time. Since her breastplate was made from divine material, it was able to absorb the punch, but send her stumbling backwards. Clutching her stomach, she watched as the intruder placed a force field around them. "Just now, I have Mr. Surreal at my mercy thanks to draining his magic. He's powerless. I open that roof again, he dies as he is sucked into the vacuum of space. So, you have a choice, daughter of Athena. You can continue fighting me and I'll kill Mr. Surreal. Or, you can save him but you can't do both. The choice is yours. Make it carefully."

Helena's worse fears were realized. Knowing she had little choice, and realizing that she could not maintain this power any longer, she chose her option. But not without enacting her plan. As he explained the dire situation, she used the opportunity to manipulate the darkness around them with her mind. She could have done something more impressive, but using that much power would surely reduce her to her barbaric state. The princess warrior had to do something minor, but strong enough to cause some serious damage. While using her mind, tendrils made of darkness slithered upwards from behind him. Since darkness was silent, and she didn't display anything that would indicate she could manipulate the power, she trusted the plan to succeed. If he did not somehow notice the flowing slender of nothingness from behind him, the black tendrils then would seep through any tiny opening leading into the cyborg, and await her command. "T-This is not over. W-We will s-surely meet again." She promised, as sweat trickled down her face. She now had only enough mental power to aid Mister Surreal, before succumbing to the effects of removing her vambraces.

With that being said, Cyborg Superion removed the force field around them, and the two went their separate ways. Helena gritted her teeth, as she flew back toward the JLA station. She now was hanging by a thread. All she could do is hope that this was not all for nothing. "B-Blubber I-I need you t-to get my v-vambraces, I-I am about to lose myself. G-get inside once y-you receive them, I-need to aid Mister S-Surreal." She warned through the telepathic link, and pointed to her orbiting vambraces, which were closest to him.

Reaching the station, Helena watched as it began to fortify itself into some kind of mechanical fort. She assumed this was the cyborg's last attempt to make sure he got away, but hopefully unbeknownst to him, she would not allow him to escape with the information he stole. Erupting into a cloud of darkness, Helena seeped through any small opening or cracks in the fortress. Appearing back inside where Mister Surreal stood, ensnared and unable to use his magic, the demigoddess solidified herself. Not wasting anytime, she generated darkness from her hand, in the shape of a double-edged sword, solidified it to mimic metal-like properties, and then cleaved the disc in half. Collapsing to the floor, Helena used the last bit of her sanity to commence her plan.

If the tendrils managed to seep through any cracks or openings leading inside the cyborg, she would mentally command the dark threads to expand itself in his body. With the snap of her fingers, the tendrils made out of darkness would then immediately solidify into sharp spikes, attempting to pierce and damage something vital or the area where he kept their information stored. Glancing to her right, the demigoddess noticed a man clad in a similar fashion as Apex. Now losing all sense of reason and overtaken by her rage, Helena went into a state of frenzy and flew at the man, attempting to tackle him into the wall. Now it was up to Blubber to retrieve her vambraces, and prevent her from unleashing her wrath on her own companions.

@paragonxxx@knighthunter@blubber@mister_surreal

#283 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10254 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthunter: @blubber: @superion_prime: @shield-maiden:

While Mister Surreal was able to do some moderate damage to the metallic in the form of a mystical bolt of energy, it would prove to be mostly futile and even dangerous as shown by Cyborg Superion would simply transform it into some kind of spear and have it launch itself towards Shield-Maiden (Seeing all of this with the Eye of Oversight). "No!" Was all that Mister Surreal could let out as he watched helplessly from inside The Watchtower, unable to give Shield-Maiden the aid that he believed that was necessary to give her in this time of crisis. This day was would only cause Mister Surreal more grief as each time that he believed Shield-Maiden was safe he would see her end up in another unfavorable position. His skills extraordinary abilities as a sorcerer were seemingly unrivaled at times, but his abilities as a guardian had a lot to be desired, if not completely inept. As this situation was going on, the familiar anguish that the sorcerer was dealing with in the fight against Ares' forces would return to his head, that agonizing pulse of anxiety and pain would once again come to him. It would seem that incidents that caused him to feel great negative emotions would trigger this familiar pain and force him to suffer the effects of his own flaws and mistakes. In this case, it would be due to the fact that he was not able to effectively protect Shield-Maiden that he would have to deal with this once again, unfortunately this was at the worst possible time. Yet another challenge would be put in place for the Sorcerer Supreme.

This however would need to be ignored by the mage, there were more pressing matters to deal with at this point in time and his personal issues would need to be cast aside in order to make sure that he would be doing his job as effectively as possible. Fortunately, Shield-Maiden was more than able to handle herself, Blubber and Mister Surreal could get to dealing with the systems issue was intentionally caused by in Mister Surreal when being attacked by the towers own defenses. He now needed to get on the task of reversing the damage done to the base and allow the system to reboot so that they could get ready for the event of placing Cyborg Superion in a cell. With one swift motion of his arm and an incantation to boot, Mister Surreal drew back the lingering offensive energy that was previously used to take out oft security system, now they were being used in an attempt to repair what had been damaged. "I TAKE BACK MY POWER!", he shouted as the counter spell was used. With that, the energy that was released would be reabsorbed back into the body of the mage as rays of orange light would go back into himself. Mister Surreal genuinely didn't know if this would work, but he didn't have to to go flipping through the spell book and make sure that that it would. After a few moments, the automatic voice of the tower alerted the two heroes that the systems would be back online in a few minutes. Finally, some good news. Just as an audible sigh of release exited the magic user's lips, yet another surprise in the form on an intruder popped through means of teleportation.

No Caption Provided

Mister Surreal was quite skeptical, unlike Blubber who immediately (and naturally) treated this person as an ally to the JLA despite seemingly never having encountered this person before. While he wanted to ask him a few questions, inquires were not the priority of the magic user at this time, his mind was on dealing with the intruder and making sure that they were ready for his impending imprisonment. "I don't know you, but if you're not a threat then we could use your help in getting a cell ready or dealing with the intruder outside." Not long after that statement, the automatic voice returned to the station and announced that all security measures and all other system were once again available. The moment that the power to the base was restored, the teleportation pad machine with the sword lodged through it crackled with sparks of electricity, causing Mister Surreal took make a motion to put it out. However, Blubber would make the first move an attempt to deal with the matter himself. "Wait Blubber!" But once again, before Grant had the chance to head the warning of one of his mentors, he would go on and commit his acts the well meaning but reckless abandon. Before Mister Surreal had the chance to stop Blubber, he would already transported off to lord knows where. The was actually enough to get the magic user to face palm himself. The mage used the Eye of Oversight once again to see where Blubber was now located, which was in the middle of space. Mister Surreal's heart seemed to stop for a moment, but was relieved when he saw that Blubber was fine.

Since he didn't need to worry about Blubber for a few more moments, Mister Surreal went to turn back to the man that he had met only a few moments ago, hoping that he could do something to help in this situation. "If you are able to I need you to-", the sorcerer was promptly interrupted by a piece of metal that was able to slide through a small crease in the ceiling and then rearrange itself into being in a less than favorable position for the spell caster. Mister Surreal would find himself having that metal shard turn itself into a device that would be the stuff of nightmares for anyone who wielded magic. "AHHHH!!!!", Mister Surreal screamed as he felt the power being drained from his body and absorbed into the object that was now on his chest. With each creasing moment, he could feel the power in his bones being drained to the point where he was seemingly being drained of the very essence of his soul. It was almost as if he were actually losing all the centuries worth of knowledge that he had obtained over the years. He wasn't able to think clearly, let alone properly recognize what was happening to him, everything that he was had been slowly taken away from him as he still attempted to find some level of clarity among all of the mass confusion and pain that he would endure from the assault on his person. As he was just about to close his eyes in one final way bidding his time in the mortal world over, he was suddenly approached by a new figure that would be there to save him from the assault. After feeling the device break and fall of his torso, his vision and basic senses returned to himself, revealing that he was ironically saved by Shield-Maiden. "Thank you" was all that Mister Surreal could muster when he fell helplessly to the floor unconscious.

Not my best post, but not my worst.

#284 Edited by KnightHunter (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@shield-maiden@blubber@mister_surreal@superion_prime

The second Chris was teleported to the JLA base, he could already hear the cries of the other members of the JLA. Right as Chris show up to see whats happening, he notices a man in red and blue on the floor unconscious with a tall beautiful woman standing over him. The woman seemed to be Amazon judging by the look of her uniform and weapons. The other seemed to be a sorcerer of some kind. But all of this was obvious because they were the world famous JLA, and everyone knows the JLA and so did Chris. Will knew the names of every single JLA member there was, well not real names, but just code names. And he knew these two were Shield Maiden and Mister Surreal. Walking over to the two heroes with a quick pace, Hunter didn't know what was going on at all. But as right as he was about to reach the Shield Maiden and the Sorcerer Supreme, he was tackled into the wall by the Shield Maiden Which wasn't expected "what the hell?!" But something wasn't right, she looked like she was consumed by something, like the darkness inside of her. Right as Hunter hit the wall, he could hear the crack and break in his back. But fortunately for Chris, he had the ability to regrow lost limbs and heal broken bones as if he was a lizard. Chris knew he had to get out of the goddess grasp. so while pinned to the wall, Chris quickly threw down a flashbang hopefully stunning her long enough so Chris can get of her grasp.

Quickly jumping over Shield Maidens head, Chris couldn't help but look outside seeing the were out of earth's orbit. But as Chris keeps staring outside, he see's a rather large man known as Blubber floating outside. How is he breathing out there? Was the first thing that came to Chris's mind. Floating next to Blubber, were two silver vambraces that were most likely Shield Maidens. "Hey, I know that we just met two seconds ago, but somethings telling me you aren't okay." Chris knew he had to get away from the corrupted Shield Maiden so she doesn't rip his head off, because she was full capable of doing so. Chris, runs over to the sorcerer. Seeing if he okay, which he wasn't. "Hello? Mister Surreal, don't ask how I know your name but I-we need you to wake up!" As the somewhat newest member of the JLA, Hunter was obligated to protect his teammates at all costs, and that meant protecting Mister Surreal from the darkness filled Shield Maiden. Knight Hunter attempted to use his teleportation device in his gauntlet to get the Sorcerer away from the goddess Wraith. If Hunter was allowed to teleport the sorcerer away, he would be teleported to his own living quarters.

No Caption Provided

So now it was just Knight Hunter and an evil version of Shield Maiden, so the odds were not at all, in Chris's favor. Chris knew if he was ever going into a fight With THE Shield Maiden, he'd get stomped badly, let alone an evil one. Standing across the room with the evil Shield Maiden. Earlier, Chris overheard Helena yell at Blubber to get her vambraces to her. Maybe that was the way to stop the corrupted Helena. But Chris knew if he wanted to live, he would have to stall the Corrupted Helena long enough so blubber can get the vambraces to her. And that's exactly what Chris did. "Hey, Shield Maiden! You wanna hit me? Then come hit me! Knight Hunter Knew that Shield Maiden was tough and could possibly survive anything, but he refused to attack her. Standing there, staring at Helena with a bold stare, Chris is hoping Blubber can get the vambraces fast enough, so Hunter doesn't becomes Swiss cheese, Chris thought this was a bad Idea, but the ONLY way.

I got kinda confused with both endings from both Shield Maidens post and Surreals, So I just wrote off of Maidens. Sorry for the wait

#285 Posted by TheSentinell (641 posts) - - Show Bio

(OOC:Time to join the team.

#286 Posted by Blubber (1326 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal@knighthunter@shield-maiden@paragonxxx

Not only was Blubber excited about his plan, he was also proud of it. For this was his big moment to shine in the eyes of Helena, and more to the point prove he was worthy of the J.L.A! Although simplistic in nature, in his mind he built up the seconds before yelling like a prize fighter would do before a fight, believing this was his defining moment. As planned, all he had to do was shout, in the hopes of distracting the Cyborg Superion so that Shield Maiden would have a chance to strike. Again it was rather simplistic in nature, but as it was the best he could think of at the moment, he believed in it. From deep within his belly, he rumbled as he was about to shout, even expanding what passes as his throat in order for more pitch. But at the moment he let loose, he was surprised to hear.....that nothing came out. Never before had Blubber been in space, and more importantly he had no idea of it’s effects. Therefore, the fact that sound does not resonant in space was beyond him. But in his simplistic nature, his mistake humored him. Despite the fact there was no sound, he was laughing inside, while saying to himself, “Well I must look foolish!” Forgetting there was a fight above him, he could only focus on the vocal anomaly, and for the next few seconds, all he could do was try to make a sound, any sound, his body could produce.

No Caption Provided

Suddenly, he almost stumbled back, as he felt a disturbed presence in his mind. Screaming in agony it was Helena’s voice, but drenched in turmoil as if she was fighting her own consciousness just to stay alive. The message was short and simple, asking him, "B-Blubber I-I need you t-to get my v-vambraces, I-I am about to lose myself. G-get inside once y-you receive them!” With great pride he looked up again at the stars, only to see the place a little darker, as if some black force was engulfing the light, as well as the Evil Superion in what looked like a fight for his life. Oddly enough he saw no sign of Shield Maiden, alive or dead and it started to scare him. But as told before, a hero needs to over come his fear! Taking only a second to look around, he spotted Helena’s vambraces floating a few yards away, drifting further with every second, and as planned he was just about to grab them. But just as he was about to follow the plan, his eyes drifted back to Cyborg Superion, seemingly distracted by tendrils made of darkness slithering up him from behind. It was at that moment Blubber thought to himself, “If I strike now while he is distracted, maybe I could stop him...” he feels warm inside, like when giving a hug, and finishes, “...and I could save the day!

But just as he was about to make another foolish move, he remembered an old quote from the real Superion, “It is all about helping the people.” Immediately, Blubber shook his head, in a drastic attempt to clear his thoughts, and focus on what really mattered...his friends! Then in a beautiful display of heroism, he reached out for the vambraces while silently remarking to the Cyborg Superion, “I’ll get you next time you bad bad man!” Beginning with his torso, he stretched out, all the while telling himself over and over, “Helena needs my help, and I am not going to let her down!” but unfortunately the vambraces were still out of reach. Again he stretched out, this time using his arms and legs, until his whole body looked like taffy. Now stretched a good three hundred yards into space, he continued to reach out, with vambraces almost in his grasp. Then with a manly grunt, that could almost be heard in space, his fingers extended out like snakes until finally clasping the elusive bracelets in his hands. Overwhelmed with great pride, he shouted to himself “GOT IT!” as he recoiled his extended parts back to their normal size, “I did it! I did the right thing!” But as he looked down upon the enchanted artifacts in his hand, once again his mind drifts to a feeling for Helena, a feeling he had never had before, nor knew how to deal with. Instead he focused on the fact she needed them desperately, and by God he was going to make sure she got them!

No Caption Provided

With great pride, he morphed the flesh in his side to form a make shift pocket, then safely nestled them inside. With the same feeling a mother would have for her baby, he held them tight, making sure no harm would ever come to them. But as he was outside the J.LA. Station, and Shield Maiden was inside, he began to panic, with fear he would fail to get her vambraces to her in time. In a fit of rage he began slamming his fist against the stations exterior, over and over, while shouting to the heavens above, “Let me in! I need to help my friends!” But despite his best intentions, he was only wasting his time, as even his best punch barely scratched the surface. Yet one never to give up, he morphed his fist to twice its size, then increased the density of it a hundred fold. Then like a boxer he cocked his fist back and was about to let loose with one hell of a punch, when a small door, no bigger than a doggy door, open wide, and a small drone like robot rolled out. Looking more like a insect rather than a machine, its job was to repair minor damage to the stations hull, in the case it was ever struck. Immediately, the drone began repairs, with tiny little makeshift arms, specifically acquired for just such a situation. In the mean time Blubber giggled at the sight as his mind drifted back to scenes from the movie Wall-E!

But just as the tiny door was about to close shut, he quickly realized it was his only way in. Immediately, he began morphing his plus size frame down to a smaller one, somewhat like a blob of goo, and slinked his way inside, just as the door slammed shut behind him. Now in a maintenance room, no larger than a garage, he was surround by other drones waiting to be called to action. The only way out of this room, without special clearance, was another tinier pipeline above, the size of a rain gutter. But with no idea what the pipe line was for, or even where it lead, he bravely jumped in to action. Once again he morphed his frame down into a tinier one, now resembling a human flesh colored python, and with the vambraces safely tucked away he began to slithering his way through. Moving as fast as he could, he raced down what seemed an endless tunnel of chambers. Just when he thought he knew where he was going another set of paths appeared before him. By now he was getting scared, as he imagined in his head all the horrific possibilities that could happen to Helena, if he failed. Determined not to, he increased his speed any way he could, by lightening his girth and extending multiple tiny legs to push off with. In the end he only managed to get lost more, and this time it took its toll!

Unable to contain it anymore, his fears for Helena safety overwhelmed him. He immediately began to shake violently as he yelled, “Somebody, please help me! I need to find Shield Maiden, fast!” But as he was trapped alone inside the vent, he was tortured to hear no reply, other than his own voice echoing back off every rail. In a fit of rage, he began increasing his size and weight until putting tons of pressure against the pipe lines. Not stopping there he continued until, the pipes began to creek, then burst in a small explosion, that shook everything around him, including the stations walls above and below him. The next thing he knew, he began falling, through a crack he had created, straight down into the chambers of none other than the Sorcerer Supreme, Mister Surreal. Like an avalanche he fell down in his preferred form, the bouncy six hundred pound man child, falling down along with station debris, and a ton of other wires and tubes in tow. Unfortunately, as he fell, he fell face first straight into the magician’s shelf's, knocking over countless books and rarer than rare artifacts. But perhaps the worst part was he came crashing down upon ceramic pots, inked with incantations. In the end Blubber hit the ground hard with an enormous “THUD” only to look up at his friend Matthew, either awake or waking up, with the biggest and soulful puppy dog eyes, only to mutter the words, “I’mso so so sorry! I’ll pay for thedamages....somehow?!?!” But as time was his enemy, he quickly changed the topic and instead begged, “But right now I need to get these vambraces back to Helena, before she explodes!” He then reached into the folds of his flesh in an attempt to retrieve them, only to find them both missing. But as he looked around in a state of panic, it appeared that one of the vambraces had made it around Mister Surreal’s wrist, as the other one fell behind his bed!

#287 Edited by superion_prime (265 posts) - - Show Bio

@blubber: @knighthunter: @mister_surreal: @shield-maiden:

No Caption Provided

Cyborg Superion doubts he and Shield-Maiden will ever meet again since the reward for doing this means he gets to go back to his own universe. He's not really a villain here, he's just doing what he must to get back home. But before he leaves, he glances at the tentacles, seeing them about ready to attack. With a finger twitch, he creates a mini nuke and throws it at the tentacles. The bomb explodes as the Cyborg flies away from them and the explosion. Now, with nothing else impeding his escape, the half man, half machine flies away.

Sometime later, the Cyborg walks to a huge man who has his hands behind his back overlooking a nightmarish landscape. The Cyborg bows on one knee and presents a small data cube, "I succeeded in my mission, my Lord."

A tall muscular woman with red skin walks to the Cyborg and snatches up the data cube from the metallic hand before bringing it to her master. The mysterious giant of a man nods approvingly. When he speaks, it's like the wrath of a god, "Did you encounter opposition?"

"Nothing I couldn't handle, great one." The Cyborg replies respectfully.

"Excellent." The giant says.

"About...my reward, my Lord?" The Cyborg asks with hope in his voice.

The giant slowly turns, revealing a visage that is the stuff of nightmares as his skin is shown to be grey and cracked with red eyes that blaze like the embers of a fire that refuses to die, "Ah, yes. Your reward. Here is your reward Cyborg Superion." Red beams that twist and turn almost instantly reach the Cyborg and envelope him in an energy field. The Cyborg screams, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" The Cyborg's his form is contained in a hand sized red ball and bounces on the floor. The red skinned woman retrieves it before placing it in the hands of a servant who will, in turn, place it in a container to retrieve later.

The giant of a man says, "I lied."

The red skinned woman asks, "Oh great Darkos, why did you betray him? He did what you commanded."

No Caption Provided

His identity revealed, Darkos looks down at his right hand woman, "Do not speak to me that way again, lest you lose your tongue woman. I betrayed him because he still has his uses. I may have need of his abilities in the future. And now that I know the JLA's defenses and each members weaknesses, I come one step closer toward my goal."

Darkos turns and looks at the nightmarish landscape again, hands behind his back. Said goals remain a mystery for now.

#288 Posted by Shield-Maiden (2063 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Moving with the momentum of a moving train, Helena successfully tackled the recruit into a nearby wall. What was once an ordinary metallic wall was now decorated with the imprint of the man's back. If her companions somehow stopped her rampage, the dent on the wall would become a monument of shame to her. "What the hell?!" He shouted in surprise. She couldn't see his face, but she could smell the fear radiating off his body. The longer she stood in this state, the more her senses and strength increased. The drawback: She lost her humanity and her rationality.

The demigoddess was unaware if this stranger was mortal or not, but if he were, he was favored by the gods. Being tackled with such force and velocity should have killed him instantly. If it were not for the craftsmanship that protected his body, he would have longed been escorted through the River Styx and Acheron by the ferryman, Kharon. Rearing her arm back with her hand clenched into a fist, Helena was ready to relieve the stranger from his first day on duty. She thrusted her fist forward to punch a hole through his skull, but suddenly stopped inches from his armored helmet.

Her arm trembled with fear and hesitation. There was still a part of the princess that was trying to resist the berserker nature that had overtaken her essence. Sweat trickled down her forehead, and groans could be heard escaping from her mouth. These were all signs that she was still hanging on by a thread, attempting to withhold herself from doing something she would regret. Seeing an opening to free himself from her grip, the armored warrior wasted no time in seizing the opportunity to preserve his life.

What followed next was the worse pain the princess had endured since the Lotophagous incident. A loud bang exploded in front of her, concussing her eardrums with a sound intensity to make someone temporarily deaf. Her eyes were hit with a wave of intense light, blinding her to the point that she only saw white. Since her ears and eyes were more sensitive than the average mortal, the pain was unbearable. She clasped her ears immediately, screaming from the excruciating pain. The burning sensation she felt in her eyes that came from the explosive light, felt as if Apollo had loosed two arrows of light into her eyes. The plan worked, and the armored warrior was dropped to the ground.

The warrior demigoddess staggered around helplessly, trying to use her ears to pick up any sound that would give away his position, but all she heard was soldiers beating their shields with their swords. If it were not for her divine agility, she would have lost her balance. It was as if technical experts extracted a sample from the Sun God and constrained it inside the explosive device. Her eyes remained shut, fried from the god's divine glory. The recruit had every opportunity to follow up his attack, but instead chose to leap over her head - creating some distance between them. A decision he would grow to regret.

Five seconds, her mind reminded her. That's all it took for the side effects to pass, and her senses to return to her. Opening her eyes slightly - irritated and filled with Poseidon's sodium and potassium - the demigoddess sight was beginning to regain itself. Still undergoing side effects, her eyes tried to deceive her into believing the armored warrior was still pinned to the wall, but a whiff into the area aided her in determining he was somewhere in the center of the room. She could still smell the sweat of fear clogging his pores. She might have been experiencing vertigo, but she still had her sense of smell to aid her impaired eyes.

Any hope of the warrior princess restraining herself was now reduced to ash. Her emotions boiled her heart, and her primitive state ate away at her mind like parasites. Shaking off the last effects of the stun grenade, the demigoddess removed her gleaming tiara from her forehead, and flung it over his head. The divine regal headdress whizzed, rotating in mid-air toward an oversized computer hanging by a stem from behind him. With the combine effort's of her speed and force, the small razor-sharp edges of the tiara was able to slice through the stem like cheese.

No Caption Provided

Wasting no time, Helena ran at the recruit in a blur, leaping up at him with her knee aiming for his armored chin. If she struck him, she would then follow up with a midair roundhouse kick to his face, sending him crashing to the nearest wall. If somehow he was able to dodge the combo, his only option would probably be to either roll backwards or sideways. If he dodged by going backwards, the computer that fell slowly from her perception would hopefully crash on top of him. Her companions were running out of time, she was seeking to kill the new member of the Justice League Alliance.

@paragonxxx@blubber@red_jay@mister_surreal

#289 Edited by Mister_Surreal (10254 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthunter: @shield-maiden: @blubber: @superion_prime:

No Caption Provided

lying on his bed, with Shield-Maiden's vambrace stuck on his arm, in the depths of his own psych, the sorcerer would find himself stuck in all of the chaos that he had been pent up for some period of time, making it so that his very being would sink to the bottom of the abyss that was his mind. It may have appeared to be peaceful to Blubber based on how the mage's body was positioned, however, the interior of his mind was anything but. It was unquestionable that the attack on his mystical nature had caused him to regress in mental stability was now taking a heavy toll on his spirit. And while this was not an experience that was all that new to the magic user, this was different than what he had previously experienced when dealing with similar troubles. He felt as though he was unable to do anything but go through an almost hallucinogenic state, one that not only shifted his perception of reality but also took place in a plane that was unlike anyone that he had seen before, let alone went into. Every emotion that would appear to him at this time was appropriate, incredibly bad news for the sorcerer. His reality would be flooded feelings of loss, emptiness, fatigue and anguish, all coming at him at once.

No Caption Provided

It was like being lost in space and or having a bad dream, so many things that you feared and did not understand were attacking you all at once. Each and everyone one of them would manifest themselves to into different entities that would all seek to destroy him, under normal circumstances the sorcerer would be able to protect himself, but even his mental state would prove to be far too weak to even keep the monsters that plagued him at a distances. These entities were unlike anything that the sorcerer had ever seen, each of them being completely otherworldly and unrecognizable to even the most knowledgeable and well educated minds out there. They would go to him, and feed on him, attacking him at every angle without another moments notice and without hesitation, like a pride of lions devouring the various body parts of a wounded without a care. Arms, legs, hands, feat, everything that was on the sorcerer's being. However, one of these monsters would come upon the mage's face, and reveal to him a sight that would cause even the most intrepid person so wither away at the sight of the entity's toothy maw. If that indeed what it was.

Sorry about the long wait for such a short post.

#291 Posted by KnightHunter (127 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

@shield-maiden: @mister_surreal:@blubber@superion_prime

3, three was the number of ribs Helena broke when she slammed Chris into the wall. luckily, Chris created enough distance between him and Helena giving him at least 5 seconds to come up with a plan to stop her without actually hurting her. without hesitation, the Amazon took of her tiara and tossed at a loose wire causing a computer to come crashing down, as this happened, the Goddess leaped at Chris trying to knee him in the chin. Chris quickly analyzed the situation, if he dodged back, the monitor would fall on him, so that wasn't a valid option. If he dodged to the left, it would create some more distance between the two. Chris knew, it wouldn't matter how much distance there was between the two, Helena would still try to rip his head off, so he had to at least try to stun her like he did with the flash-bang.

Chris quickly took out one of his Freeze grenades, these grenades are able to hold even the strongest meta's for a couple of minutes, so hopefully the same goes for an Amazon goddess. right as Shield Maiden was 2 feet away from his face, Chris quickly tried to attach one of his freeze grenades to her knee, hopefully it can keep her stuck long enough so Chris can try to find the others. Attaching the grenade to her knee, Chris quickly did a one handed handspring to the left, creating some more distance between them, at least 15 feet. Chris stuck a perfect landing, while has back was facing the Amazon. Chris Slowly turned his back towards Helena hoping the freeze grenade actually did something. 'I can do this all day..." Chris said with a rough robotic voice.

Avatar image for theeexecutioner
#292 Posted by TheeExecutioner (25 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#293 Posted by Orb-Weaver (122 posts) - - Show Bio
#294 Posted by Blubber (1326 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal@knighthunter@shield-maiden@paragonxxx

With his full weight in tow, Blubber came crashing down. First through the steel pipelines that run throughout the station, then through the reinforced concrete holding the place together. Beginning with a rumble he fell, and fell hard, hitting the ground with an enormous “THUD” while first crashing through the roof of the teams magician, Mister Surreal. While falling he hit the Sorcerer’s shelf, colliding with a life time collection of rarer than rare artifacts, next to sacred texts and other magical items the Sorcerer collected during his journeys. But falling like a rock, Blubber hit them all, breaking most with his enormous girth, or his flailing arms that he swung wildly in an attempt to stop his fall. In the end he landed flat on his butt, underneath a sunken shelf, with the shattered remains resting all around him. Like a child he sat there thinking only about the damage he had caused, and with the biggest and soulful puppy dog eyes, all he could think to say was, “I’m so so so sorry! I’ll pay for the damages somehow?!?!” Then in a case of worst timing ever, just as he was about to beg for forgiveness, one lone piece of pottery that had remained intact, came falling down right on his head, only to shatter, then fell down around him leaving only a layer of dust on his head and even a sadder look in his eyes.

No Caption Provided

But as he looked out upon the wreckage he had caused, he held fast to his mission, and with a serious expression across his face he begged his friend for help. But just as he finished his plea, “I need to get these vambraces back to Helena, before she explodes!” he couldn’t help but notice his friend asleep on his bed, or perhaps floating just a few feet above it. Either way, Grant rushed to his side shouting out loud, “Mister Magic, Mister Magic. You need to wake up now! I need your help!” Again Matthew lay there motionless deep deep in thought, transcending the realms of his mind, but to Blubber it appeared he was playing a game he didn’t enjoy. Once again Grant tried his best to wake his friend, this time by grabbing and shaking him, followed by more repeated shouts of “WAKE UP!” But as the Sorcerer Supreme lay there with his eyes closed tight., Blubber began to realize, this was more than just a nap. With his limited intelligence, he looked down upon his friend, only to comment, “Don’t worry Mister Magic. I’ll find someway to save you. Then together we can save Helena!” Never once leaving his friends side, Blubber stretched his arm out towards the sink, and after morphing his hand into a make shift pitcher, recoiled it and began to slowly pour the cool water over Matthew’s face. But once again the Sorcerer Supreme laid there like a corpse, with no sign of ever waking up!

It was then a blight glow resonated from the vambrace around Mister Surreal’s wrist, glowing brighter than the ceiling light above, and giving off an eerie feeling. Unfortunately, with his limited intelligence, Blubber could not deduce whether this was a good thing or a bad thing. Instead he simply shielded his eyes and began shaking the hand with the artifact on it. Then all of a sudden a similar light shined from under the bed, with the same eerie and ominous glow. But as he looked down to investigate, he quickly discovered Helena’s other vambrace resting there among Mister Surreal’s locked chests and other influential knickknacks. With a quick stretching of his hand he snatched it up only to feel a strange sensation course through his body, that built up the closer he brought the two vambraces together. Again Blubber did not know what to do other than the dire need to wake up Mister Surreal and get the vambraces back to Helena. In one last ditch effort to save the day, he felt he needed to make Matthew as comfortable as possible for what he had in mind. With his one hand holding the vambrace, he morphed it into a makeshift pillow, that he nestled behind his friends head. Despite the fact the vambrace was still giving him the willies, he held it there as long as he could. With his other hand he folded it around Matthew’s body like a snugly blanket, that he did his best to hug him with. In the end he knelt down next to the magician, and with a soft loving voice whispered in his ear, “Mister Magi... (he starts again only more sincere) Matthew, If you can hear me, I really need you to wake up now.” He takes a brief second to sigh, “Because you’re the only one who can save us! So please, please wake up now, so that together we can save Helena.” He then looks up almost as if praying and finishes, “Cause I (gulp) Love Her!

#295 Edited by Mister_Surreal (10254 posts) - - Show Bio