#201 Posted by Blubber (963 posts) - - Show Bio

@wild_cat@blubber@mister_surreal@paragonxxx@superion_prime @shield-maiden

Blubber was so fueled with emotions after the interrogation, that he failed to hear Helena comment "Okay, conta-!" Instead he ran down the hallway shouting to Ted, “Mr. Wild Cat sir, did you hear I get to be a hero like you.” For this was his first official step in becoming a hero, and he wanted to share it with everyone. That was why in his haste to tell the legendary boxer, he left so fast his hands remained tied together back with Shield Maiden. Instead he stood before Mr. Grant, sans hands, hoping to impress him with his good fortune. But realizing how foolish he looked with his two arms stretched down the length of the hall, he handled it in his own simplistic way by joking, “I, um, still get to be a hero, right?” But shortly after Helena released him and he pulled his arms back to their normal length, still some what flabby, he continued his rant on her approval.. “You see Mr. Wild Cat, Her glowie rope made me tell the truth and now she trusts me!” Naturally there was some miscommunication between the three of them, that Ted and Helena needed to discuss, but in Blubber’s head he was already part of the team. So with great pride he attempted to rush the two veteran heroes to the transporter room, to begin his first official mission. With his hands over stretched to twice their normal size, he tried pushing them along while gleefully chanting, “We’re gonna save the world from bad guys!” He was so happy he begins skipping, “Just like the J.L.A. always does!!” Then just before the doors open he proudly, yet humbly finishes with, “...and this time I get to help...

But the only thing wider than the doors sliding open, were Blubber’s eyes as he stared upon the remaining J.L.A. roster, seconds before they were about to beam down to the planet. Over whelmed in the moment, Blubber was speechless, as he stood there in awe. He wanted desperately to say something profound or even intellectual, but the best he could come up with was, “Is there room for me on the transporter??” But before he could utter a word, the mood of the room turned cold as Shield Maiden declared, "I cannot journey amongst you, Superion.” To the pure dismay of the whole team she goes into great detail of why, with every word drenched in sorrow and respect, ending with a heart touching, “but please heed my warning and trust me,” Immediately, Blubber was saddened, almost to the point he shed tears, but instead tilted his head to one side in confusion. He desperately wanted to ask questions like, “But I thought we were a team,” and even “I thoughtwe were friends” But instead he stood silent, trusting in the fact that whatever it was she needed to do was the right thing for her. But despite what the team said, Blubber made it a point to whisper to her, “You better be safe or I’ll..” he stumbles as he tries to find the right words, “...or I’ll never forgive you,” after which his lips slightly quivers.

But despite all the mixed feelings going on in the room, nobody expected to hear Helena say, "To fill in your ranks, I have allowed Grant to take my place and the feline warrior if he so wishes.” Immediately, and to the surprise of the whole team, Blubber steps forward, almost forgetting Shield Maiden’s previous comment and focused only on her approval. Realizing this was his moment he address the room as profoundly as he could, “Come on Superion, please give me my shot.” With his eyes locked firmly on his idol, he goes on, “You can trust me Superion. Mrs. Shield Maiden tested me with her magic rope and I passed. I really really want to help.” Realizing there was still a large amount of doubt in the room, he stretches his right arm out towards Wild Cat in a desperate attempt to pull him to his side, and appear to stand next to him as a productive team member.”And if you have any doubts, you could team me up with Wild Cat here!” Desperately wanting to say the right words, he looks around to all the other heroes in the room trying his best to persuade them with his boyish charm, only to fall back on his honesty. “At some point everyone of you got your shot, well now’s your time to give me mine!” Realizing he couldn’t put it any better he goes back to hugging Ted Grant, and ends with a proud, “and who better than Wild Cat to watch my back. After all he is the biggest veteran in the room and has been fighting crime longer than any of you!?!?

His fate was now in the hands of the J.L.A. and all he could do was stand and wait. Hoping for the best he released Ted from his bro-hug and tried to stand as confident as he could. His biggest advantage was Helena’s words as well as Wild Cats’ support, but he did not know if that was enough. Again if he sweated he would be standing in a puddle, but instead tried to stand in a heroic pose. For once he was not focused on others, but on himself and as such he did not try to mimic the others in the room, as in growing a cape or wearing their monoclonal, and instead felt confident in his six hundred pound form. But to the surprise of the whole team, Helena, stood before Grant, and with a most enduring tone, informed him, "Do not fail me, Grant, I am entrusting you with the safety of my companions.” She then went on to giving him the best of advice, but Blubber was already deeply moved by her kind words, In a deep display of pure love, he embraced her in a hug, turning his body into a memory foam pillow, as he molds with her every curve in a soft and supple way. Then with but a kind whisper in her ear, he answers back, “I promise you I will stand with them strong, and I will never, NEVER, let anything happen to them.” Now moved to the point of tears he finishes, “and you can even use you magic rope on me if you wish to , cause I’m telling you the truth!” But in the end she leaves Blubber with the words, "Know, everyone will always underestimate you because of your condition. Use that to your advantage." after which she pats him on his shoulder before stepping back and turning away, leaving him seconds away from uncontrollable tears.

(OOC - I know I fractured the God Moding rule a bit with hugs, but I hope you don't mind. Also, as in Shield Maidens post she mentioned Superoin was on the station and not in Delhi, so I went with that!)

#202 Edited by ParagonxXx (3922 posts) - - Show Bio

@blubber: @shield-maiden (OOC: Actually, Superion already left. Which is why I've stopped posting here and have been posting in Darkchild's event before he vanished on us. Sorry, should have mentioned that).

#203 Edited by Shield-Maiden (1692 posts) - - Show Bio

@blubber: @paragonxxx: Amazing post as always Blubber. Yeah, I didn’t know whether to teleport Blubber or not because it did say Superion went into the teleportion room, but never teleported away 😅, sorry.

#204 Edited by Blubber (963 posts) - - Show Bio
#205 Posted by ParagonxXx (3922 posts) - - Show Bio

@shield-maiden: @blubber: (OOC: Well, you guys can edit your posts or (if you'd rather not edit) we can say that Superion has a doppleganger and explore that plot later. ~_^)

"Me am Superion! Not bizarre fake!"

#206 Edited by Shield-Maiden (1692 posts) - - Show Bio

@blubber: @paragonxxx: (OOC: I rather do the doppelgänger part, lol. Especially after Blubber went through all that trouble, ya know? So yeah, let’s go with the doppelgänger idea. And hey, everyone makes mistakes 😇

#207 Posted by Blubber (963 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal

No Specific time frame.......

Grant sat alone in the galley, staring out the window in contemplation. His future with the JLA was still under discussion, leaving him to worry. And although the view from the space station was breathtaking, Grant fell back upon the one thing that always made him happy....Food! With an arm full of various cookies and doughnuts, he sat solemnly eating one at a time as opposed to the usual way of shoveling them in. By now his double chin had sunk even lower, as his face took on a worried expression, for no matter how he imagined the teams leaders discussion would go, in the back of his mind he could hear the words, “We’re sorry Mr. Frump, You’re just not smart enough for the JLA!” For ever since his mutant abilities kicked in, they were the same words he heard over and over. Even though he was treated with kindness, there was always that stigma hanging over his head. “Sorry Grant, this is a little over your head.” or “That may be a little to much for you.” were the phrases he was use to, but just once he wanted to hear, “Yes! You can do it!” For no one had a bigger heart than him, and if given the chance he would give a hundred and ten percent every time, but unfortunately the idea of a hero with down syndrome just didn’t sound right! By now there were more crumbs on his lap than food on his plate, but still he felt sad inside, for at any moment some one could walk in, with news, news that could either break his heart in two or fill his soul full of joy. But either way, these last few hours with the JLA were the proudest days of his life!

#208 Posted by Jordyn_Hill (270 posts) - - Show Bio

*Looks around

"Where the hell my membership card at though?"
#209 Posted by ParagonxXx (3922 posts) - - Show Bio

@jordyn_hill: *Barks behind you*

*Licks lips, burps. Wags tail happily*

#210 Posted by Raptor_Prime (27 posts) - - Show Bio

The dog ate his membership card...

#211 Posted by Blubber (963 posts) - - Show Bio

@raptor_prime:

Kon wouldn't do that, He's a good boy! He's my friend!

No Caption Provided

#212 Posted by Jordyn_Hill (270 posts) - - Show Bio

@jordyn_hill: *Barks behind you*

*Pats head.

*Hangs for awhile, waiting around with plastic baggie
*Hangs for awhile, waiting around with plastic baggie

#213 Posted by ParagonxXx (3922 posts) - - Show Bio

@jordyn_hill: Not an IC post, but I take it you want to join? Full time member or reserve?

#214 Edited by Jordyn_Hill (270 posts) - - Show Bio
#215 Posted by ParagonxXx (3922 posts) - - Show Bio

@jordyn_hill: Has your character had one full year of active service as a hero?

#216 Posted by Jordyn_Hill (270 posts) - - Show Bio
#217 Posted by ParagonxXx (3922 posts) - - Show Bio

@jordyn_hill: Copy/Pasted from the JLA main post: Any active member may recommend a hero for active membership which will be subject to a two-thirds majority vote. The requirements for active membership include at least one year of active public service.

So, sorry. I'd LOVE to have your character but too inexperienced.

#218 Posted by Jordyn_Hill (270 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonxxx: I'll be back when I lvl up

*Graffiti'ed the lobby before leaving
*Graffiti'ed the lobby before leaving

#219 Posted by Blubber (963 posts) - - Show Bio

The hours seemed to roll by when having a good time. Despite the fact he did not know if he had a future with the J.L.A. he was still on their station and with limitless food. For the better part of an hour he’d been whining away in the kitchen wondering if he was good enough to join the team, when it dawned on him, he was in a space station on the moon! Although restricted to where he could and could not go, he abruptly stepped away from his dinner tray, and joyfully proceed to walk the hallways. After a quick giggle when the self opening door activates, he playfully skipped his way out the door and down the halls. His every step was proceeded with a loud ‘Thud’ as his magnanimous girth slammed to the ground, but his heart and spirit was as light as a feather. But as he was so filled with endless joy the sounds of his laughter drowned out the sounds of his foot steps, and even better his laughter echoed off every wall.

Assuming no one was around, the fat on the back of his neck began to wiggle until it stretched out and morphed into a makeshift red cape, that proceeded to flap behind him as he ran down the corridors. With his arms in front of him he pretend to fly around, while running forward really fast. Occasionally he would either yell “Weeeeeeee!” or look out the window to the Earth below, but for now he was Super Blubber the number one sidekick of Superion, and protector of the whole free world. But just as he was running freely around the station’s corridors, he found he had wandered back to the station’s training, or workout room, complete with futuristic technology to help train a hero, to become a better hero! As the room was empty, and he was granted access inside, he slowly somewhat awkwardly entered only to be overwhelmed by the sheer size of the room and all the machines inside. Naturally he recognized a few of the devises from comic books and cartoons, but the rest just flabbergasted his tiny little mind.

Unfortunately for Blubber, he was given permission to enter the workout chamber by Superion, but he was also told strictly... ‘Not To Touch Anything!” But like a kid in a candy store, it was near impossible to obey. For every machine seemed to call to him, making him wonder if he was strong enough to lift, dodge or even survive a blast from the things in the room, like the hero he dreamed of being. It was almost impossible for him to refuse. For even he did not know the limits of his powers, and it scared him. For what if, at the most dramatic moment of crime fighting, he didn’t have what it took. Therefore in the back of his tiny little mind, he came to the conclusion that in this case, Superion would want him to test his limits! With a new found purpose he re-shifted the weight around his belly and proceeded to walk towards the biggest and shiniest machine in the room, with no idea what it could do. With a false sense of confident he jests “I wonder what this one does???” as he moves to activate it, but unfortunately for him he failed to see the alien writing along the side that read “Danger! Do Not Touch!

#220 Posted by Mister_Surreal (7825 posts) - - Show Bio

@blubber:

It had been only a short while that person known as "Blubber" had stepped onto the JLA moon base for the tour that he had won in a contest. The whole notion of a compete Stranger wondering around the headquarters of one of the most powerful and advanced organizations in the galaxy didn't didn't sit well with the World Warper. Even though he allowed smiling things to happen in the form of him allowing random citizens do wonder into the Sanctum of Cryptic Sources, the fundamental perimeters behind it were not the same. While his home has a vast series of spell placed on each item that and room that makes the act of doing anything out of order very difficult, JLA base was for the most part vulnerable to anyone who had the technological know how. On the other hand, of someone where knowledgeable enough to correctly operate the the magical nature of the sanctum unattended, Mister Surreal would become aware of it and keep a close eye on them.

Despite his initial wary nature however, the sorcerer had become quite find of Grant and everything that came along with him (most of the things anyway. He had proven himself to be a loyal and devoted participant of the group's activities who didn't fall short on what he himself stated that he could offer the group should be be accepted among them. While he did have his quirks and fast here and there, he was inherently good natured and wanted to be able to prove himself as a worthy member of the team. It was these traits I'd his that has made Mister Surreal begin to genuinely appreciate the presence of Grant and what he seeker to help the JLA achieve. Which is why he had the pleasure of being the one to deliver the news of what the group has decided upon when discussing how Mr. Mr. Frumps role would turn out with the rest of them in their activities.

Matthew himself had become and advocate for Blubber joining the team ever since he witnessed him making an attempt to help the on a recent mission that would require extra aid. His showings of courage and resilience were enough to sway the the magic user of the opinion that he was a good candidate for being a new member of the JLA. As he strolled down the hall to Grants room where he believed he would find him, the sorcerer thought of how Blubber would respond to the news. Getting to his door, he knocked, paused and waited only to given nothing in return. After a few moments he left Blubber's door and decided search for him elsewhere, checking several rooms in the process. Wondering if he was still on the moon base, Mister Surreal finally came to something of a recreational facility where he would promptly find Grant in. Taking a few steps closer with a brief smile, his appearance quickly changed to a look of worry as he saw where he was. "I wouldn't touch that if I were you."

#221 Posted by Blubber (963 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal:

Blubber was seconds away from activating the devise, his finger inches away from pushing the big red button. Unfortunately he had no idea the devastating power the machine possessed, or the damage it could do, all he wanted was to test himself to see if he was worthy. Once again if he sweated he would be sweating buckets, as the sheer unknown of what was to occur next crossed his mind. But either way he was going to go through with it. Suddenly he heard a familiar voice from the hall warning him, "I wouldn't touch that if I were you." Immediately, Blubber stopped dead in his tracks, almost thankful he didn’t go through with pushing the button and quickly turned to the stranger in the hall. To his surprise it was the magician, and not Superion as he feared, and like the child he was he began giving excuses. As he quickly backed away from the deadly machine, he began running them off. “I was just looking at it!” followed by the obvious, “I wasn’t going to touch it!” but the fact was he felt ill lying to such an individual. Immediately, he dropped his head, as he felt ashamed, and even his face took on a disgusted look.

I’m sorry Mister Magic Man,” he says truly sorry, “that’s not the truth.” He then looks away as to avoid eye contact, “The fact was I was going to touch the big machine thingy......but I have an excuse!” For a few brief seconds he perks up, hoping the Magician would buy his story, but even before he could get the words out he thought back to what a true hero would do. Truly humbled he stands before the Sorcerer Supreme, and apologizes again. “Actually that’s not true either. (He sobs ever so slightly) “I didn’t have an excuse either. What I did was wrong and even I know that. Superion told me not to touch anything, and I was going to do the opposite.” He then offers his hands out in the manner to be handcuffed, as his lower lip quivers, “I’m ready to be arrested and thrown in jail.” As he does the makeshift cape across his back re-morphs into the fat around his neck, as all signs of hope and pride disappear, leaving one frightened individual. “But would you, please, tell Superion.....I’m sorry!

#222 Edited by Mister_Surreal (7825 posts) - - Show Bio

@blubber:

Mister Surreal watched as the childlike hero immediately in front of the machine that he was about activate, no doubt because he was just caught red handed. This act of defiance and disregard towards the rules wasn't look upon kindly by the sorcerer, the fact that this was Blubber's second time actively ignoring clear instructions by the JSA. He may have developed and overall positive view of Grant during his time at the base, however, Matthew wouldn't let these small infractions slip by without him making so much comment on them. At the end of the day, the JSA had rules and the rules needed to be upheld by everyone who the league gave the chance to be working alongside some of the most respectable people on planet The sorcerer inwardly frowned while keeping his facial mannerisms the same, a calm but stern appearance that only projected his serious and focused nature about him.

As Blubber starts to rattle off as many ways of diverting the sorcerer's wrath by using excuses, Mister Surreal thought of his many times he had been in the very same position with his masters. For that reason he was able to feel great empathy for Grant and his well meaning actions, Mister Surreal knew that he was just a curious soul who allowed their intrigue dictate their own actions. Blubber only became more pitiful in the eyes of the magic user when he began to come clean and send his apology along with an assortment of sobs that were now coming out. To make matters even worse, Blubber was now acting as if he was about to be arrested and carted off to a prison. It was then that Mister Surreal was truly shown that fact that Blubber truly innocent. While he was expected to act a certain way based on what the JLA needed him to do, Blubber was still very much a child who simply needed guidance. In his own warm sort of way, the Mage smiled and reassured him. "It's OK, you aren't in trouble. Just try to follow the instructions next time".

#223 Edited by Blubber (963 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal:

Blubber was deeply saddened. Not that he got caught breaking Superion’s orders, but that he WAS breaking Superion’s orders. Because of this his head hung low as Mister Surreal spoke, unworthy to make eye contact, as he beat himself up worse than what he expected from the JLA. With a heavy heart he raised his arms out to be handcuffed, as he expected to be treated like a criminal, nothing less. He had no idea that the Magician before him, felt an odd connection with him, and as such he missed the look of approval in his eyes. Instead he excepted his punishment as a hero would, as he said with a sunken soul, “I’mready to be arrested and thrownin jail. But would you, please, tell Superion.....I’m sorry!” But as the Sorcerer Supreme, had once been in the same shoes, he took great pride in telling him, "It's OK, you aren't in trouble. Just try to follow the instructions next time!" Immediately, Blubber perked up, with wide eyes and a boyish grin, “You mean, I’m not in trouble?!?! Oh Thank You!!” Over come with pure joy, he moved in for a hug with both arms spread out for maximum loving, and with every step forwards he insisted, “You are so so so kind, Mister Magician! You really are!

But whether he got a hug or not, he needed to let Mister Surreal know how much he was in his debt. “If there is anything I could do for you ever again, just ask.” He smiles but with a humble expression, “I mean it. I’ll do anything to make this up to you.” He then begins to fidget around as he tries to find anyway to repay the Magician's kindness, “I could maybe clean your boots or even wash your suit and cape.” But despite his limited intelligence even he could tell that the Sorcerer Supreme wasn’t into such acts of kindness and as such, he spoke from his heart. “What if, and maybe some day, If we ever fought side by side as members of the JLA, Icould watch your back. Just like you would watch mine!” Hoping his words were hitting home, he continues, “Cause I’m really good at watching others backs, especially when they aremy friends.” Then as he stood strong in his conviction, he awaited an answer, when suddenly he interrupts with a resounding, “One quick question (he giggles) Friend. What is your name again????

#224 Edited by Mister_Surreal (7825 posts) - - Show Bio

@blubber:

Mister Surreal wasn't normally one for physical contact, but he allowed Blubber to hug him for the sake of being as friendly as possible, even it it meant being sucked into a what felt like a giant blob of mass. Interestingly, the hug felt unusual but at the same time was slightly calming, one might even say that it was in a way, nice. After a few moments of hugging, Mister Surreal freed himself from the gelatine like hold that Blubber had around him, making it so that he was once again standing a few inches away from him. Blubber would begin talking at an exceedingly fast rate that would remind Mister Surreal of his recently deceased cousin, a momentary thought which caused his face to become slightly less pleased than it has previously been with Blubber. Ever since he sacrificed herself to the speed force, the sorcerer had not been the same as he once was, returning back to his own more introverted personality which gave only superficial responses to others.

He was only half listening to what Blubber was saying at this point, but he was catching all of the quick statements and questions that were being thrown around excitedly by Grant. One such statement was the idea of Blubber working alongside and helping out Mister Surreal if he were to join the Justice League Alliance, hearing that would snap Matthew completely back to reality and bring his attention back to why he originally came looking for Grant in the first place. "I actually would like to speak to you about that, Grant.", the sorcerer said looking down at him with his deep and smooth voice. "The Alliance has been talking about you and the position that you would be holding in the forceable future. While you still have much to learn about heroism and the correct way to protect people, you have demonstrated that you have the needed mindset to in this line of work. Grant, it is my pleasure to say that you are now an offal member of the Justice League Alliance.", the Mage said extending his hand. "You can refer to me as 'Mister Surreal by the way."

#225 Posted by ParagonxXx (3922 posts) - - Show Bio

Feel free to pass me by on this one. I'll post on Sunday

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
#226 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (12557 posts) - - Show Bio

looks around spinning his recently acquired reserve membership card between his fingers. This felt weird but he could get used to it.

#227 Posted by Blubber (963 posts) - - Show Bio
#228 Posted by Mister_Surreal (7825 posts) - - Show Bio
#229 Edited by Blubber (963 posts) - - Show Bio

@shield-maiden@mister_surreal@paragonxxx

Blubber loved a good hug, even more than chocolate. But what is really special, is when hugging a stranger for the first time. With the Magician embraced in his loving arms, he held him tight but softly, allowing his magnanimous girth to bend and fold around his crevasses, until he was a perfect pillow to rest against. In this case, he could tell the Magician was reluctant, as his frame felt ridged, but in time he felt the loving care from Blubber’s embrace, and like all, allowed it to be a spiritual feeling of simple unrequited love. But like all good hugs, they ended, and in this case the Sorcerer Supreme freed himself then reposition himself just a few inches away, out of Blubber’s reach. But as Blubber was so wrapped up in his dreams to be a hero, he thought nothing of the abrupt halt to his hug and immediately began rambling off all the things he could do for the Magician, “ifhepromised not to tell Superion, hebroke the rules!! For what seemed an eternity he babbled on about good deeds, some heroic, some simply polite. But as he continued to go on and on and on, he failed to notice the solemn expression on his newest friend’s face.

In most cases, Blubber would have a strong desire to learn the meaning behind his friends eyes, then do whatever it would take to solve it, or at least ease the suffering as best he could. But in this case he was unaware it was his own words on sacrifice that were causing the problem. But as Blubber’s head was down in shame as he basically was bribing his friend, to not get in trouble, he continued to say whatever popped into his head. Then in a glorious moment of both hope and pride, he felt confident enough to say, “What if, and maybe some day, If we ever fought side by side as members of the JLA, Icould watch your back. Just like you would watch mine!Cause I’m really good at watching others backs, especiallywhen they are my friends.” Suddenly something sparked in the Magicians eyes, bringing him back to the conversation, and with great joy he tells Grant the good news. Starting with a resound, "I actually would like to speak to you about that,.", he goes into detail of how the team sees and recognizes his talents, then after building up great suspense, he finally tells him the news he always wanted to hear. “Grant, it is my pleasure to say that you are now an official member of the Justice League Alliance."

For once again in his life, Blubber was speechless, overwhelmed in the moment. He tried to utter out the words, ”...really? Are you serious?...” but instead it all comes out as blabber. But as he looks deep into Mr Surreal’s eyes, he knew it was true. Unsure whether to hug, bow, salute or even curtsy, he finally finds the confidence to say, “....I am....so.....Happy....right...now!” Still some what in a daze of disbelief, he takes in a calming breath to settle his nerves, then humbly asks, “Do I, um, get my own official JLA communication devise?” Finally, his confidence returns in folds as he begins rambling off the cool stuff, JLA items, he was hoping to receive, including, “And uh my own chairaround the conference table?” Suddenly everything went dark, as he pulled away timid and afraid. With a clear expression of fear on his face he truly reflects on what it means to be an official member of the team. It would mean a life time of sacrifice, fighting against forces that would kill him without a second thought, and what’s worse, what if he failed to save a human’s life.

With his lower lip quivering he sobs to the Magician, “I would be more than proud to be a member, but as I think about it....I’m afraid?!?” He begins to fumble around as he tries to express his inner feelings. “I mean how do you do it? Please believe me I want to help people I really do, and Ifeel I have the powers to,” he scratches the back of his head, “..well make a difference, but now that it’s all real, I...” he stutters, “I guess I’m just scared!?!?” Slowly he begins to tremble in fear, as he looks around for anything to calm his nerves, “I know I’ve said this all before, but now it’s so real.” Desperately in the need for a snack, or any thing he could nibble on, he continues, “How do you do it? Where do you find the confidence to go out there everyday and risk your life?” He then goes on rambling about his feelings, stressing his desire to help, but with the fear of what it means. Then suddenly, as his body was wiggling like jello, and not out of joy, he shouts out, “I want to see Shield Maiden again. Right now!” Seconds away from a full blown panic attack he begs the Mister Surreal, “I really, really, really want Shield Maiden to wrap me up with her magical rope thingrightnow, because somehow,it makes mefeel....” he wraps his arms around himself to form his own hug, “......Good Inside!!

(OOC - I apologize that my post keeps rehashing the same responses to everything going on, but it just felt the right way to write him)

#230 Edited by superion_prime (230 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: @blubber: @shield-maiden@teelara@nordok

Two Days Ago: The Delhi Incident...

Superion hugs Blubber back, "It was good meeting you, Blubber." Then one of Metro City's greatest heroes beams down to Earth. But not where people expect him to go. The man known as 'Superion' beams down in a secret location within the heart of Metro City while the REAL Superion deals with the incident in Delhi. In the heart of Metro City, the man who has been masquerading as Superion dumps the disguise. His skin seems to melt away, revealing over half of his face and skull to be Cybernetic in nature, along with a red glowing eye. The right side the Cyborg's torso and arm also melt away both the skin and costume to reveal more of his cybernetic nature. Over half of the Cyborg's left leg also melts away. Standing in his place is a man who is half man, half machine. A Cyborg. A Terminator. The Cyborg Superion.

The Present...

No Caption Provided

Inside the Monitor Womb, behind closed doors, is a mysterious man that is half machine. He dresses like Superion, but who, or what, is he? This Cyborg uses his right arm to connect to the computers, shifting and changing into wires in order to enable him to overcome the JLA's automated defense systems, viruses and alarms. Nothing happens that he does not want to happen. The alarms are shut off, the computer virus that tries to download into the Cyborg's system is destroyed and the JLA Watchtower defenses are programmed before being deactivated.

The Cyborg glances to his right with his one good eye before he begins downloading all the necessary information within the JLA databanks. Defenses, hero profiles, their weaknesses, what the automated defenses do and so forth. Not bit of data is not downloaded, he even knows where everyone sleeps.

The Cyborg Superion's plans were ruined two days ago with that tour that the REAL Superion gave to Grant. That oversized kid who acts like a ten year old. The Cyborg had to disguise himself as Superion in order to avoid detection, using his wondrous technology to copy the hero's appearance perfectly, as well as his voice. None of them suspected the Cyborg was anyone different, including that fool Grant.

The Cyborg wonders what the REAL Superion sees in that king sized idiot. In fact, what does he see in any of them? Shield-Maiden and Teelara are warriors, but what other reason are they here for other than eye candy for the guys? Mr. Surreal calls himself the Sorcerer Supreme, but the Cyborg has seen nothing impressive to earn such a revered title. Zephyr died recently and none of her teammates seem too broken up about it. Some friends they turned out to be. Apex is not much of a detective if the Cyborg managed to evade even her keen intelligent mind. That ring on Green Sentinel's finger is useless since it hasn't detected the Cyborg Superion inside the system. But then again, the Cyborg is the master of technology. He's not surprised at all that his tech is superior to the ring. And Teelara? Nothing more than an out of place alien freak is more suitable for posing for pictures as a model than a warrior wielding an anti-matter sword.

The Cyborg Superion transforms himself into the real Superion
The Cyborg Superion transforms himself into the real Superion

The Cyborg has what he wants and disconnects himself from the computers. Once again, in order to disguise himself, he changes himself into Superion, skin and all. As he walks out of the Monitor Womb, he hears Mr. Surreal break the news to Grant that he is now a member of the Justice League Alliance. Predictably, Grant goes into over excitement mode. 'Superion' offers a smile, "Congratulations, Grant. We'll all help you along the way and give you some training. And don't worry, I'm sure Shield-Maiden will be along shortly."

I better go before she shows up. The Cyborg thinks to himself. Out of them all, Shield-Maiden has the greatest chance to find out who, and what, the Cyborg is. "I'd stay, but I have to go. My sister, Paragon, is setting me up with a blind date and I don't wish to be late." Which is actually true...for the REAL Superion. But the thing is, the real Man of Steel is already on his way to that blind date, but he didn't tell the JLA about it, so this will be the first anyone has heard of it. 'Superion' begins to take his leave.

(OOC: For the purposes of this RP, please treat the Cyborg Superion as if he's my character rather than an NPC. Please do not control him without my permission. No Godmoding, no metagaming and please no auto-hitting. When it comes to powers, he has all the same ones as Nemesis. He's also every bit as powerful as the real Superion. Please treat him accordingly. ^_^)

#231 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (12557 posts) - - Show Bio

After enteratining himself for a few more miutes simply spinning his membership card between his fingers Cassius finally turned to look out of the wall of glass behind him. "Oh Crap, i am on the moon!, well that was unexpected." Not quite sure what else to add he simply starred out back at home as he watched the light of dawn wash across the american continent. Watching the celestial activities as he waited for the meeting to be called. His first.

#232 Posted by Raptor_Prime (27 posts) - - Show Bio

@cassius_knightfall:

No Caption Provided

Karah Knightfall's powers as Warrior Angel are no more, as well as her identity. Now, she is known as Raptor, along with a new set of powers and a brand new appearance. Won't Cassius be surprised? He likely won't even recognize her.

Raptor is on her way out of the JLA Watchtower when she sees him and she can't help herself. This is the perfect opportunity to mess with him. But hey, it's only because she likes him enough to do that. So, she smiles with a voice that almost sings, "Hello there. Glad you could make it. I'm so happy to see you."

She is happy to see him?! Have they met before?! Actually, they have, but Karah is having too much fun keeping that a secret for now as her eyes dance with laughter.

#233 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (12557 posts) - - Show Bio

@raptor_prime:

Cassius turned to be greated by someone new. "Um hi?" was his somewhat puzzled responce asa quizical expression crossed his face. The voice nearly sturred something but no memories came to the forefront of his mind. "Pleased to meet you as well" Extending his hand in preperation of a handshake and nodding towards the window. "Hell of a view you guys have here."

#235 Posted by ParagonxXx (3922 posts) - - Show Bio

@thisisgonnahurt: *Face palms* Separate from this, not in the same thread. *LOL*

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
#236 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42342 posts) - - Show Bio
#237 Edited by ParagonxXx (3922 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
#238 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42342 posts) - - Show Bio
#239 Edited by Shield-Maiden (1692 posts) - - Show Bio

The tip of a sword suddenly pierced through the fabric of reality, impaling it as if it were mortal flesh. Slashing upwards in a vertical line, severing the aortic arch; the sword then began to trail the gash into an arch, creating a doorway into the dimension. The portal itself stored blue energy, shimmering and flowing downwards like a waterfall. When the flowing energy touched the ground, it gave the appearance of streaming water impacting the surface of a lake, and discharged a cloud of blue mist that almost looked like dancing flames.

No Caption Provided

Helena emerged from the portal; her dress tattered and smeared with blood - her hair loose and flowing down her back - and parts of her body, bruised and covered in scrape marks - yet she still looked dignified and breathtaking as ever. The bruises and scrap marks would heal in about sixty seconds. It's been two days since she left the Justice League Alliance to investigate the booming "restaurant," Lotophagous, in Gothic City; but now she was back after ridding the city of another cancer. She had prayed to the Goddess Tyche to grant her companions good fortune over their enemies and to the Goddess Athena, her mother, a sound mind during battle, so they could conquer their foes through a combination of sheer brilliance and technique. Her prayers were answered.

Scanning the room with her energetic eyes, she realized the doorway she created with her enchanted sword had brought her to the sparring room in the floating fortress. Various advanced workout equipment laid scattered across the room, just yearning to be used. Her sensitive ears, bestowed by Artemis, picked up the sounds of beeping and various other sounds a technological advanced gym would make when run by computers that would make even Hephaestus backflip in excitement. Hearing chatter on her left, her eyes darted toward the familiar voices of Mister Surreal and Grant - a smug grin stretching across her mouth as her tactic with Blubber seemed to be a success.

I really, really, really want Shield Maiden to wrap me up with her magical rope thingrightnow, because somehow,it makes mefeel.... She heard the innocent "cyclops" tell the revered sorcerer as she moved toward them. While she couldn't detect emotions like...Blue Ghost or her adopted daughter, Karah, she could tell when someone was under the influence of Phobos and Deimos. Drops of blood dripped from the sharp edge of her sword, trailing behind her as she moved. From afar, she looked as if she were a daughter of Athena and Ares instead of Athena and Ivar the Wise. "......Good Inside!!" The combine powers of the divine twins seemed to be taking a hold of her newly companion, causing him to grow some sort of addiction to her lariat. "No. It does not, Grant." She affirmed, her voice as concerning and caring as a mother. "Mister Surreal." Helena glanced at him, greeting with a nod before returning her attention back to Grant. "You wish to use my lasso to ease your essence?" She asked the naïve inflated hero. With the snap of her two fingers, her golden lasso appeared before her hands.

"No," She boldly said, her voice now stern but sprinkled with love and concern. "My lasso will only reveal what is already rooted inside of you Grant," The former princess drew closer to him and moved her hand toward his chest. If he allowed her to, she would gently thrust her finger toward the direction of his gentle heart. "Fear is only your enemy if you allow it to enslave you from doing what is just and wise. Our essence was bestowed with a safeguard system to shield us from impending danger and the evil spirit's that taint humanity. In fact those who came before us made use of it more often than we do now," She lectured, displaying how much wisdom and knowledge her mind contained.

"The greatest warriors in history have all felt the intoxicating feeling of fear. But do you know what makes them so special?" Again if he allowed her, she would poke her finger into his chest. "They persevered through it instead of allowing it to consume them. Take Perseus for example: Polydectes, King of Seriphos wanted to marry Perseus' mother against her wishes, but the child of Zeus - Perseus, would not allow it. Seeing the demigod as a thorn in his attempts to win his "prize," Polydectes enacted a plan that would rid him of the soon to be legend. He announced he was going to marry the daughter of another king, and told everyone they had to bestow him with a gift - including Perseus. Knowing the child of Zeus could not afford a gift, he waited until the hero arrived at the large banquet empty-handed, and then rebuked him. Having the temper of his father, Zeus, Perseus boldly announced he would bring the king anything he wanted, and so Polydectes commanded the child of Zeus to bring him the head of Medusa. Now why did I tell you this story?" She asked. "Perseus was fearful over two things: King Polydectes having his mother, and having to slay the Gorgon - Medusa. And yet, the child of Zeus went on his journey anyway and succeeded, becoming a legend way before Heracles was born." Helena gave the blob a warm smile, hoping her words had drowned out his fear. But to be sure.

No Caption Provided

"But if you insist on having to use my lasso to calm your essence, heed my warning: You will become dependent to my lariat, compromising the team because of your selfish desires. Your fear will slither up your body when you least expect it and fasten itself around your heart, squeezing and suffocating it during battle or during the act of saving a child. Then you will freeze as if Khione pressed her lips against yours, and then you will either get one of us killed, a child killed, or yourself killed; all because you could not conquer your fear and grew addicted," She gazed into his eyes, her face now as stern as the statue of Ares from Hadrian's Villa. Helena was not trying to be cruel, but a mother figure to the innocent inspired round plump of a man. If Grant wanted to become a hero, he needed to accept this reality and choose wisely. As much as she wanted to be a companion and speak words of comfort, she could not - not when lives would be at stake if Blubber did not heed her warning. This was tough love for the sake of himself, her companions, and humanity. "Fear is normal, Grant. But being conquered by it is not," She paused for a brief moment. "In fact; I believe it was a revered American who once said, courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear," She flexed her knowledge once more, but not out of vanity. "The choice is yours, my friend. But know your fear will rob you of being a hero if you allow it. Not only that, but you will become dependent to my lasso every time fear strikes, and that right there will leave you vulnerable to your enemies." The daughter of Athena and Ivar the Wise concluded, holding up her lasso as a way to give him a choice. She prayed she had indulged him with enough wisdom and knowledge to ease his spirit from the influence of the divine terror twins. If he chose the path of the lasso, she herself would kick him off the team as much as it would pain her. Truthfully; she saw much potential in the inspired hero, while everyone else underestimated him.

Catching a glimpse of what looked to be Superion walking toward the exit with the corner of her eye, she turned and called. "Superion! May I have a word?"

@paragonxxx@mister_surreal@blubber@nordok

Very basic post lol, but tried my best.

#240 Edited by Mister_Surreal (7825 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonxxx: @thisisgonnahurt: @shield-maiden: @blubber:

When Mister Surreal was about to answer Grant's question of what motivated him to be a hero despite the great struggle that the job entailed, he noticed a great amount of anxiety and fear float to the surface in his eyess. It was not long afterwards that he would begin begging for Shield-Maiden to come and wrap her lasso around him, very much like a smoker on withdrawal he would grow restless and erratic every moment that he was not being indulged in the comfort that he desired. Before Mister Surreal could get the chance to calm him down, the shimmering light of blade shawn out of a cut in reality, immediately putting the sorcerer on edge and causing him to raise his hands in preparation for a possible attack. All there was however was demigodess Helena standing before the two in a blaze of glory, no less eye catching than she normally was. Taking note of the way that she has arrived, Matthew turned his attention towards the Daughter of Athena. "You've learned a new trick I see."

Being fairly impressed by the display of capability that could rival his own, the sorcerer looked her weapon up and down, barley noticing Shield-Maiden's more rugged appearance that had come with her trip for lord knew where. He did quickly realize that his curiosity had as usual taken his attention away from the problem at hand and forced himself to quickly relocate his mind onto the problem that Blubber had now been dealing with. Though, it was Shield-Maiden who was the one to resolve the issues that Blubber was going through, it only seemed appropriate in the eyes of the sorcerer since it was Shield-Maiden who Blubber had asked for. There was also the fact that Helena was more of a "people person" than he was despite the personality traits that they two shared. The sorcerer watched as Shield-Maiden spoke to Grant in a way that one would think that only a mother could to their child. He studied carefully as she eloquently explained to Blubber why he should not accept the lasso.

The words that flowed out of her mouth were caught by the magic user's ears like a butterfly to the net of an every vigilante observer. He listened closely as she made her speech that explained the nature of fear and courage while conveying that message of how part of being a hero means being able react accordingly to it. There was only truth in what Shield-Maiden said and Mister Surreal had to agree with every bit of teaching that she heroine had to offer the aspiring hero. It did make Mister Surreal reflect on the reason why he himself had decided to become a protector of mankind, going to all those years ago when he first learned about the institution that gave himself similar teaching that Helena gave Blubber. When Shield-Maiden had finally finished giving Blubber his lecture and turned to leave and meet with Superion, Mister Surreal looked at her and nodded as a way for saying a friendly goodbye. Going back to Grant, Mister Surreal looked back down at Grant to see what had become of him. "So, how are you?"

#241 Edited by Raptor_Prime (27 posts) - - Show Bio

@cassius_knightfall:

Raptor smiles knowingly because she knows she's met him before. But Cassius would not recognize her in her new form. With beautiful white wings, she stretches them a little, as far as she can go without the tips of her wings touching the hallway walls, before nodding to him, "One of my favorite things is the view. Care for a tour?"

She asks him, wondering if he'd like one. If he says yes, then she begins to show him around, "I'm glad you came."

#242 Edited by Blubber (963 posts) - - Show Bio

@shield-maiden@paragonxxx@mister_surreal

Backing up against the wall, Blubber was in a state of panic. His eyes darting side to side as his hands tremble with fear. With the thought of being a member of the J.L.A hanging over his head, the idea of death at every door frightened him. Inside his head there was a war. On one side he wanted to save the world like his hero Superion, but on the other side loomed the possibility of an early death. By now he was literally pressed up against the wall with the back of his girth, molded against it. Were it possible he would back up further, doing anything to run away from his fears. But somewhere deep in the back of his mind he remembered the blissful feelings he received from Shield Maiden’s lasso, and begged for more! With his hands flailing around for protection, he yelled, no begged his friend Mister Surreal, “I want to see Shield Maiden again. Right now! I want her towrap me up with her magical rope thing.. because somehow, it makes me feel....” he then wraps his arms around himself,in attempt to give him more comfort in his own hug, “......Good Inside!!

No Caption Provided

Unfortunately for Blubber, Shield Maiden was off the station, fighting the good fight in Gothic along side one of her friends, leaving Grant with little options. It was then, in a moment of hope, he saw his idol Superion entered the hallway with all his glory. Immediately, Blubber tried to reach out with a shaking hand, hoping that if anyone could help him, it would be his hero, and was seconds away from asking him, when suddenly he spoke. In an odd sort of way, Superion congratulated him, ignoring his obvious fear, and instead said, "Congratulations, Grant. We'll all help you along the way and give you some training. And don't worry, I'm sure Shield-Maiden will be along shortly." To Grant this was worse than a slap in the face, as the man he thought was above perfection, simply wrote him off. Inside Grant felt worse than ever before as Superion’s actions were now cold and unfeeling, the exact opposite of when giving a hug. It was because of this, Grant fell back further into his state of panic, as he could only assume it was his fault that Superion was uncaring! But once again his idol Superion spoke up, jesting about some blind date he was about to go on, when all Blubber could do was bite his lip and wonder, “Why won’t you help.....me..?” Either way he cried uncontrollably as he watched Superion turn and take his leave.

Suddenly Blubber was startled, as he bare witness to Helena emerging from a portal that she had just created, and despite the fact she appeared in a tattered dress, smeared with blood, all he wanted to do was hug her as tightly as he could. Unfortunately for him, all he was capable of, was to beg again for the lasso, with the emphasis on, “It makes me feel Good Inside!” But to his surprise, Helena held back, strong in her convictions while gentle in her concern, and instead answered back with five simple words, "No. It does not, Grant." With her years of wisdom, she had seen others in Grant’s position and their obsessive attraction to the lasso, and because of her feelings for him she, immediately, chose to end this quickly. "You wish to use my lasso to ease your essence? No! My lasso will only reveal what is already rooted inside of you Grant,” But as she instantly realized that Blubber’s need was based on fear, a trait best associated with Phobos and Deimos, she could understand the crippling effects it could have. It was because of this she knew she needed to let Grant find his own way out of his fear, rather than her lasso, which quickly appeared in her hands, after the snap of her two fingers.

No Caption Provided

With just a gentle touch, Helena moved her hand toward Grant’s chest, right above were his heart would be, then began telling him about the power of fear! “Fear is only your enemy if you allow it to enslave you from doing what is just and wise. Our essence was bestowed with a safeguard system to shield us from impending danger and the evil spirit's that taint humanity. In fact those who came before us made use of it more often than we do now," By now her words were getting to Grant, as his hand slowly began to stop shaking. He was still terrified beyond words, but inside he trusted Helena more than ever before. But he did not quite understand what she was talking about, until she said, "The greatest warriors in history have all felt the intoxicating feeling of fear. But do you know what makes them so special?They persevered through it instead of allowing it to consume them.” From that point on Helena began to tell him the story of Perseus, and how he overcame his fears, while he looked inside his heart to find his own. For just a few brief minutes he closed his eyes, and thought long and hard over what was strong, brave and more importantly, heroic!

As a shape shifter, he knew what it felt like to be other objects. Large one, small ones, just about nothing was beyond his abilities. So, as Helena spoke, he kept trying to imagine a shape that made him think brave. Unfortunately, for him all he could think of other than Superion, was objects like Police cars, refrigerators and trampolines. As such, his body began morphing accordingly, and for a few brief second the traits of the three were represented at some point on his body. But it wasn’t until he heard Shield Maiden ask, “Now why did I tell you this story?" that he snapped back to reality. Surprisingly he had managed to calm down to the point he could answer, and in all sincerity he replied, “No, why?” Again she goes on with her passionate speech, using big words he never heard before, but he did hear her loud and clear when she said, "But if you insist on having to use my lasso to calm your essence, heed my warning: You will become dependent to my lariat, compromising the team because of your selfish desires.” Finally her words hit home, as a light flickered in Blubber’s eyes.

Realizing she had finally gotten through to the big lug, she lays it all out on the line, "Fear is normal, Grant. But being conquered by it is not.” She then, in a motherly way, regretfully explains his final options. “So the choice is yours, my friend. But know your fear will rob you of being a hero if you allow it. Not only that, but you will become dependent to my lasso every time fear strikes, and that right there will leave you vulnerable to your enemies." With that said she held her lasso up as a way to give him a choice, but by now the answer was obvious even to Blubber! Putting aside all his fears, he humbly looks back and forth between Mister Surreal and Helena, and finds the strength to say, “So you saying that everybody fears and only byovercoming those fears is how we can help?” He then continues speaking from the heart, suggesting “So in a sense, we fear so that others don’t have to?” Either way, he felt confident enough to tell them both, “I will NOT be needing the lasso, my fears are like my hunger.Theymay always be there but I will choose how to deal with them.” Once again Blubber was back to his own cheerful self, as he allowed his girth to fall freely around his waist.

With the problem solved, Blubber still felt a bit embarrassed over the ordeal, and politely asked the two, “Could I have, a um, moment to myself, Just to pull myself together?” Immediately, out of respect, they both agreed as Shield Maiden turned her attention back to Superiorn, after catching a glimpse of him walking toward the exit. Eager to get back to the JLA she ran after him proclaiming, "Superion! May I have a word?" as Mister Surreal quickly followed. Now on his own, Blubber began a few breathing exorcises to help him calm down, all the while thinking about what Helena said. It was then he caught a glimpse of himself in a window, and with his childish nature began talking to it. “Hello Blubber” he waves his hand appropriately, “I would sacrifice myself to save you.” Finally he wipes away the remaining tears from his eyes, then proudly says , “Cause the greatest crime would be not trying to help!” By now Mister Surreal had returned, and with genuine concern for Grant asked him, “So, How are you doing?” With the greatest of joy Grant looked back, and with a natural smile on his face, answered “Better thanever. In fact Ican’t wait to start training!” Immediately, he begins clapping his hands together as his eyes sparkle with joy, “In fact I can’t wait to tell the news to Superion!” With that said he began skipping his way down the hall, while whistling a happy tune, but after about two or three steps, he turned back to ask his friend, the magician, “do you want to come skipping with me?

#243 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (12557 posts) - - Show Bio

@raptor_prime:

This womans tone was interesting. It was playful, familiar like they had met before. But unplacable and different. With such wings Cassius was sure he wouldnt of forgotten meeting this woman before. He Was good with faces and even better with such unique pyshical specimens. She could almost be an angel or a Valakrie certainly not forgetable. Her wings majestically outsteching for a second showcasing an array of pearlwhite feathers blindingly vivid in their colour. A simple flutter as her wings closed one more.

"Sure it would be nice to see more of this place. I am Cassian by the way, and you are?"

The lone Knightfalls followed the winged warrior absorbing the new sights and sounds of his firt trip off world to this technical marvel. Wondering what kind of people he would meet and how long he would stay should his past catch up with him.

#244 Posted by superion_prime (230 posts) - - Show Bio

@shield-maiden: @mister_surreal: @blubber:

Cyborg Superion sees the one thing he wishes he didn't. Shield-Maiden arrives and looking like she got through a battle of some kind. But the Cyborg does not care, all he cares about is leaving before the situation spins out of control. Grant's feelings are hurt, but the Cyborg cares not. He knows the real Superion will square things away. It's just as he gets to the exit of the double doors that he hears Helena's sweet voice behind him.

"Superion! May I have a word?"

Superion stops dead in his tracks, Crap. He thinks of some quick excuses, but discards them all because he has to make them think he's the real deal. He's tempted to just ignore Helena, but that's not what the real Superion would do. So, he turns slightly to look over his shoulder, glancing at her, "Of course, what can I do for you?" He asks in a voice that is a perfect match with the real Superion.

Superion keeps walking but not too fast. Helena will be able to easily keep up should she desire to. His intent is to still leave, plus if Helena somehow deduces that he isn't the real Superion, he'll be all the more closer to his exit.

#245 Posted by Raptor_Prime (27 posts) - - Show Bio

@cassius_knightfall:

Raptor turns and looks at him with those incredible eyes and says it as if it's the most natural thing in the world, Karah, Karah Knightfall." And then she stops and realizes what she did. More to the point, that he will not recognize her in her new form. She places a few of her fingers to her own lips, "Oh, you won't recognize me in my new form. I used to be Warrior Angel, but I lost my powers and had to get new ones. A new form and name came with it. I'm known as Raptor in this form."

That explains things in that short story, but there are so many details that Raptor leaves out. Something for another time, unless he's really that curious. She suddenly smiles at him, "Cassian. That is a nice name."

Raptor, huh? She's taken up the name that means Bird of Prey. She's a huntress, a predator, but also a protector. She carries herself differently than before. More of a hunter than a warrior now.

#246 Posted by Shield-Maiden (1692 posts) - - Show Bio

Helena's tense shoulders eased as her pudgy companion made the right decision. A sense of relief overtook her essence, as if Poseidon, God of the Sea and Storms, commanded the blood coursing through her blood vessels, to form a tidal wave that washed away her concern for the loveable "cyclops." Anything now associated with fear was suddenly swept away, cleansing her spirit from anything potentially harmful to her. From above, she could of sworn she heard the cries of two defeated boys. If she had to take an educated guess, she would say in confidence those two boys were none other than Phobos and Demios.

Offspring of Ares and Aphrodite, the horror and terror twins were relentless, ruthless, bloodthirsty, and mischievous, in their quest to strike mankind with fear and terror. Is it possible, they were behind Grant's sudden distress? Plausible. Everywhere she went, anyone she associated or allied herself with, became a target for the Gods of Olympus. It's one of the reasons why she yearned to leave the Justice League Alliance once her quest to Delphi was over. It's also one of the reasons why she refuses to form close companionships.

So you saying that everybody fears and only byovercoming those fears is how we can help?

Helena snapped back to reality as the aspired hero asked so innocently. Observing him all together, she could tell he was free from his mental and emotional constraints, and that pleased her more than anything. While she could never be a hero, she believed Grant could, despite his disorder. Many underestimated his intelligence, innocence, and creativity, and that would suit him well. Chiron, her old mentor, had once trained her to become a hero, like his previous students: Achilles, Perseus, Theseus, Phoenix, and many more. But she lost sight of that dream when she chose to swear her allegiance to the Sisters of Artemis. Her companions here would possibly encourage her to start over and recommit herself to that childish dream, but that would be wishful thinking. When you are forced to survive in the darkest places of the world, it changes you. But just because she could not be a hero, did not mean she could not prepare others to answer the call from the Gods. "Indeed. Fear is natural and will always be of some nuisance, Grant. Sometimes, I believe taking an arrowhead into the Achilles heel is much more merciful than dealing with fear," She extended her arm to rest her palm downwards on his shoulder. "What I am trying to tell you is that it's okay to fear. What is not okay is when you allow fear to prevent you from doing what is right and wise. Moral of this lesson: Do not allow your fear to control you; Instead, take control of it." Those were her last words before she made her way toward the one person who treated her with belonging and hospitality.

As she strode toward the "boy scout" hero, her healing factor kicked in, healing all her cuts and bruises. She still looked as if she jumped into an ongoing battlefield and took much of the force of the army, but there was no evidence on her skin that suggested she was harmed by their attacks. Her dress, now that spoke differently. As she drew closer to Superion, she couldn't help but wonder why he never sought to comfort Grant, when he was clearly in the same room with the anxious man. As a leader, it was his duty to carry the burdens of his men, and increase their morale; yet he walked away as if something was far more important than the state of his troops. Mind you, it was his idea to inspire the innocent cyclops and give him a around their headquarters. So Grant was his responsibility. The Superion she knew would drop anything nonessential in his schedule to inspire and comfort his companions.

"Of course, what can I do for you?" He responded in his usual gentle tone, but once again, she found something unusual about the hero. She noticed he continued to move toward the exit, not stopping to conversate with her, as if she meant little to him. To be fair, he did slow down his pace for her to catch up. But what was so urgent that he could not spare a minute or two to be a leader? Finally catching up with him, she walked by his side - gazing into the side of his face, with the curious nature of a cat. "Why so hasty?" She boldly asked, caring little if he took offense to her prying into his life. When you assumed command of something, your business became known to those who followed you, or at least those who were your executive officer. There were various possibilities formulating inside her head, but there was one she ruled out for certain. The hero was obviously walking at normal pace, which led her to conclude he was not responding to trouble back on earth. Interesting. "Unless something is troubling you, and you do not wish to speak about it? Which as leader of this team, you should." She pried further, her words as bold as Leonel. Whatever was going on with her companion, she knew for certain he was not himself. The last bit of evidence she had to further her suspensions was when he said to her. "I'm sorry for interrupting you, I'll be more thoughtful next time. We'll talk later, okay?" Right before the invasion happened with Darkchild. Also he seemed pretty calm with her committing treason when she allowed Grant to take part in the invasion, while she journeyed to Gothic City. The time to talk was now.

@mister_surreal@paragonxxx@blubber@nordok

#247 Edited by Mister_Surreal (7825 posts) - - Show Bio

@cassius_knightfall: @superion_prime: @blubber: @shield-maiden:

Following Blubber's request, Mister Surreal went to go back to his room so that he could continue with the practicing of his art, but as he was about to head off in that direction he felt as strong abnormality that came with Superion passing by him. While he would normally feel the presence of man clad in blue as being like a wave of confidence accompanied by a ray of strength in leadership, his presence now felt more like a distorted mirror of that same presence. His being felt cold and cadaver like as he passed by the spell user, being more like an empty void of emotionless breeze that flowed by without any care or acknowledgement of the person that it passed by, without so much as a glance in his direction. This was very much unlike the Superion that Matthew was used to seeing and sensing, it was more akin do someone who was merely wearing the face of the Plutonian, if not a hollow shell. He decided to postpone his magical exercise and instead accompany Shield-Maiden and the passive leader of the group.

As he followed behind them closely without saying a word, as not to intrude the conversation between Superion and Helena, the sorcerer listened carefully to each inquiry and statement made by either one of the heroes. As usual, Shield-Maiden was very blunt about her own personal views relating to the innerworkings of the team and how each of them should conduct themselves, making each point very articulate. Mister Surreal would be very close attention to the facial mannerisms of Superion as each word passed between them, keeping track of how he would respond do everything that Shield-Maiden had to say to him. This made Mister Surreal notice one thing that would occur quite often: nothing. Superion had little to no reaction to anything that Shield-Maiden had to say, bet instead maintained a passive expression to what she had told him, unusual to say the least. But when Helena parted way with him, when he was only moments away from the exist, all Mister Surreal could think to do was stare.

#248 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (12557 posts) - - Show Bio
#249 Posted by Mister_Surreal (7825 posts) - - Show Bio
#250 Posted by Blubber (963 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal@paragonxxx@shield-maiden@cassius_knightfall

With great pride, Blubber began skipping down the hall. In his heart of hearts he felt empowered with Helena’s words as well as the concern from Mister Surreal, to the point he was dancing on air. Despite the fact he weighed over six hundred pounds, he still managed to keep his girth flowing as his steps lifted himself up, if only briefly. Filled with joy over becoming a full fledged member of the team, he accompanied his dance with a song, and for a few brief minutes the words, “yes i am the muffin man” echoed off every wall. But with every jaunt forward he laughed louder, so loud that it drowned out the shattering , “THUDS” as his size thirteen boot slammed on the station’s floor. Unfortunately for Grant, his joyful escapade slowed him down, to the point his friends, Helena and Matthew had both made it down the hall, and were already engaging Superion in questions. But the fact was, that didn’t bother Grant a bit, for standing before him was his future with the J.L.A., and after getting over his greatest fear, he was ready to face it!

But at the moment he got his friends within ear shot, he immediately began blabbering off his immense joy. Like a fool in the back of a news report, he began jumping up and down, while waving his hand high above his head. Hoping to gain the attention of his friends, and now colleagues, he shouted in a voice that was hard not to hear. “Superion! It’s me Blubber!!” Still bouncing like a fool he continues, “Thank you so so much for lettingme join the team!” Unaware if he was heard or not, he slowly makes his way forward while still waving his hand in the air and babbling, “When do I start training? Oh and who gets to train me!?!?” Still oblivious to whether he was seen or even heard, he continues on with his persistence, “I can’t wait to tell all my friends back home I’m a member!” Suddenly his mind drifts back to his first few minutes on board the station, and all the new friends he had met there including the teams cuddly little pet. He, immediately, jumps into calling out. “Oh and I can’t wait for Kon to hear my good news. By the way where is he??

In a loving gesture, he waddles down to one knee and proceeds to call for him, beginning with a loud ear splitting whistle. “Hey Kon where are you? Come here boy, come to Blubber!” With no idea to whether he was heard or seen, his most recent desire was to pet the dog and perhaps hug him for whatever he was worth. Again he calls out, “Come on Kon where are you?” this time clapping his hands together, while hoping that the alien canine’s super hearing could hear him. But as he looked out across the hallways in hope that Kon would come flying in, he catches a rare glimpse of Shield Maiden as her healing factor kicked in, leading to her hair playfully accenting her perfect chiseled female body. For one rare moment in Grant’s life he saw a woman, and not just another friend, and was unsure of what he was feeling. Inside him, he felt an odd sensation much like eating a cake while hugging a love one. But no matter how hard he tries to understand the new feeling, it all came back to one simple thought, “I like Helena more than I like, well hugs.” What he was not aware of, was that he had his first crush, naturally based off the idealism that Shield Maiden was an attractive powerful woman with strength and confidence. As for now he did not know what to do with these feelings, other than he liked being around her!