Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
#151 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (12568 posts) - - Show Bio

Interested. I have an idea that could work.

#152 Edited by superion_prime (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@wild_cat: (OOC: Pretty much from anywhere on Earth, yes. ^_^)

Avatar image for green_sentinelx
#153 Posted by Green_SentinelX (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@teelara:

Hal smiles in return, floating nearby as his ring directs the 'Predator'. It makes a clicking sound with it's tongue as it vanishes from view, a slight ripple marking it's passing as the construct moves stealthily around Teelara. But if she is still able to see it, it decloaks and fires on her with it's plasma cannon on it's shoulder.

#154 Posted by superion_prime (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Superion almost face palms over what Blubber states to Helena. The man lacks complete tact. He glances over at Helena and is glad she is keeping things under control, but that is the last time her introduces a fan to her. He inwardly thanks Mister Surreal for interrupting when he says an attack has been made on the base. Before he can respond, however, Blubber excitedly shows them what he can do. Superion takes his offered cape, putting it back on and then gives Blubber a serious look, then to everyone else.

"Everyone that can, to the meeting room. We need to discuss what to do about this little shake up of our base. I don't think it was an attack per se, but we need to plan."

Then he glances at Blubber, "You too, but only if you promise to keep quite and observe." Mostly because Superion wants to keep Grant within line of sight and safe where he knows Grant will be okay. At least until he can get the young man home. Superion makes no comment about the man's powers, but will when they have discussed Darkchild.

A metallic clink might be heard at Helena's feet, off to her right and if she looks, then she will notice that Kon has layed down her shield and sword there as if he's helping her be ready for a fight in case she needs it. The dog wags his tail rather excitedly and panting, proud he thought of doing this for her.

Apex arrives in the meeting room with Arceus and sits down in her designated chair. She gives him a nod but says nothing.

#155 Posted by superion_prime (242 posts) - - Show Bio
#156 Edited by wild cat (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

Wildcat grimaced as soon as the teleportation sequence finished. For reasons beyond him, his arthritis always seemed to flare up from teleportation and soon quickly realized no strides in teleportation technology will ever stop it from affecting his arthritis, at least not in his lifetime, he thought.

However the sight of space marginally eased the pain. It's been a decade or two since the Pugilistic Powerhouse left the confines of earth. And he was reminded at how much he enjoyed being out in space.

"Anyone here?" Ted asks, as he looked around the empty chambers from where he was teleported into.

Avatar image for arceus_aurelius-rex
#157 Posted by Arceus_Aurelius-Rex (468 posts) - - Show Bio

@superion_prime: It had only been a few hours since he'd scoped out the armory with Apex, singling a less-lethal weapon he was interested in testing at the range, when he heard the call that had shaken the station. He'd sprinted back to the meeting room as quickly as his legs could carry him, arriving before most had a chance to filter in. He returned the greeting from the one who had "discovered" him, nodding silently as she took her seat and he continued to lean against a wall, not knowing quite where to sit himself.

He could see, on some of the chairs at least, insignias and symbols indicating that the seats were reserved for specific members, Apex among them. Superion's symbol too, he recognized. The rest were unknown to him, and the unmarked seats he assumed were open to all were, as of yet, still empty. He hesitated, not only because he did not want to breach any unfamiliar or unknown rules, but because he did not want to be caught flat-footed should the ominous greeting become something more. He only watched, waiting for more members to filter into the room so that they might fill him in on exactly what that was, and what they were going to do about it.

#158 Posted by Blubber (1129 posts) - - Show Bio

@wild_cat:

(OOC - Referee and Heavyweight here! So glad you're going to be part of this game! I'm looking forward to playing with you again. )

#159 Posted by wild cat (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

@blubber: Hey man!! So glad you're still around! A big fan of the concept of Blubber too!

#160 Posted by Blubber (1129 posts) - - Show Bio

@superion_prime@shield-maiden@mister_surreal@wild_cat@arceus_aurelius-rex

In a strong commanding voice, Superion owned the room with the simple phrase,"Everyone that can, to the meeting room. We need to discuss what to do about this little shake up of our base. I don't think it was an attack per se, but we need to plan." Immediately Blubber jumped to attention, even sucking in his gut to the point he appeared to weigh five hundred pounds as oppose to his regular six hundred pounds. But more than that he stood eager, ready to obey his command, and prove once and for all that he could be a hero, despite his limited intelligence. But as Superion was a wise and clever leader, he knew it would be best to shelter or at least protect Blubber before placing him in a situation that could be dangerous, and as such told him, "You too, but only if you promise to keep quite and observe." Once again Blubber stood upright, almost saluting his idol back as he answered,”You bet Superion. Whatever you say! I’ll be as quiet as a mouse and observe like a....” But once again he found himself blabbering on and immediately chose to be quiet, but only after a very proper, “...yes sir...whatever you say....” Then without another word, he followed Superion out the sliding doors, and along with the Sorcerer Supreme, into the hallway where they immediately raced through the corridors towards the meeting room, where a new team of heroes would soon discuss the fate of the world below them.

No Caption Provided

Once again Blubber stood in the most important room on the station, and perhaps in the galaxy. The room was filled with the latest technological equipment, as well as some devises not of this world. But as breathtakingly magnificent as the room was, Blubber fixated on the chairs. Each and every one that surrounded the rooms main round table, had either a heroes symbol or insignias, representing where that champion would sit. Unfortunately there were heroes in the room that were new to the team, and as such there was a few brief seconds of confusion. Lucky for them there were a few brief unmarked chairs at the far end, and as soon as Blubber saw them being filled he quickly squeezed his plus sized form into the cushions of a space aged chair. For the next few minutes he sat quietly, listening intensely to every word spoken and desperately fighting his urge to fantasize or day dream. In fact he even increased the size of his ears to twice their size in order to hear every word spoken. If that was not enough, he would lean in closer or even repeat what he heard just to let it sink in, and desperately try to remember. Unfortunately, most of it was over his head, unlike what he saw on the cartoons, for the heroes were using bigger words, and without the background music to which he was accustomed.

Suddenly one of the larger screens began blinking, specifically the one monitoring the Earth below. Gathering the attention of all in the room, the screen began closing in on a disturbance below, magnifying in closer and closer. Eventually it closed in on a gigantic dome of unknown origin, resting in the middle of a populated area, as a female mechanical voice addressed the room. With pin point precession she gave the exact coordinates, both longitude and latitude, of the strange occurrence, followed by a detailed description of all events below. Unfortunately there were a few facts the computer could not describe, as there were acts outside her program and understanding. But through it all, Blubber watched in joy, as the heroes around him acted like in the cartoons, as together they choose the best coarse of action for just such an occasion. Unfortunately, or as he was mistaken, Blubber felt he was not addressed in the meeting, and if so simply forgot, he approached his idol, Superion, after the briefing. Still standing proud just from being in the room, he asks with high hopes, “and just how again can I help?

#161 Posted by Warrior_Angel (111 posts) - - Show Bio

@wild_cat said:

On her way out, Warrior Angel had just arrived in the teleporter room when Wild Cat transports in. Ever since Shield-Maiden was offered membership, Karah felt the need to leave the team and move into Reserve Status. But now she is confronted with one of the old time heroes. His name: Wild Cat.

The Amazon smiles in greeting, "I am, over here." She says with an accent that would seem to be slightly Greek, but it's a varient that hasn't been heard in thousands of years. "Your Wild Cat, aren't you? I'm Warrior Angel. It's an honor to meet you." She offers her hand to him to shake.

#162 Posted by Darkchild (42961 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll blow up India I swear it LMAO

#163 Posted by wild cat (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

@warrior_angel: Humbled by the greeting and surprised that some heroes outside his home city still knew of him, the Old Timer shakes Karah's hands, reciprocating her warm smile with his own. "I don't know about the honor part, but you did get the name right though. Nice to meet you" Ted quipped before exchanging pleasantries. "So, how's the team lookin'?" The veteran vigilante inquired before adding "And leaving so soon? Or am I late again?"

#165 Posted by Teelara (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_sentinelx:

Teelara crouched low, her blade held high in a ready position. She stood still as a statue, as her senses plumbed the silence for any sign of her-

"Everyone that can, to the meeting room. We need to discuss what to do about this little shake up of our base. I don't think it was an attack per se, but we need to plan."

"We may need to continue this another time," she said to Hal, a frown creasing her lips. Not an attack per se may not have been the most ominous-sounding description in the world, but it was hardly an encouraging one, either. Even so, she held her position until she got a response from her teammate; those who let down their guard before the battle was ended generally lost said battle, after all.

#166 Posted by Mister_Surreal (9055 posts) - - Show Bio

@teelara:@darkchild:@arceus_aurelius-rex:@blubber:@superion_prime:@shield-maiden:

Mister Surreal respectfully nodded to Superion's request of them going to the meeting room to talk over the series of events with their team members. He stood back quietly and watched the quirky display that Blubber had put on in response and follows him along with Blubber to the meeting room so the the league could come up with a way to address this perceived threat in the most logical and rational way possible. As he floated closely behind the two men, Mister Surreal's thoughts turned to what Superion had said about there not necessarily being an attack on the base, but more likely to be someone who was just seeing how ell protected the location was. It wasn't like Mister Surreal to constantly examine about the negative prospect on every situation, but ever since he joined the JLA he had been on edge about the effects of every action that he made.

As they entered the meeting room, Mister Surreal noticed some new recruits that he had never seen before alongside the very ones that he had fought alongside. He would later on make the attempt to interact with the members that he had not yet be antiquated with so that he could get a better understanding of them and vice versa. He took the seat that had his symbol on it as he prepared to engage in a long discussion that would likely require a lot of back and forth between the whole table, everyone besides Blubber of course. This wouldn't be unlike the serious discussions that he would have with his fellow masters about their actions and their effect on the magical word around them, though this would be slightly different based on the specifics of what was being discussed and the reason as to why.

There was only complete attention on the words of the other league members as they went over how they should address the current matters, only for them to be interrupted by the flashing of a large monitor that was able to get the attention of those at the table. MIster Surreal had not been at the moon base long enough to see that, but he could tell from the doors of the room being sealed that there was clearly a major problem at hand. Looking back at the monitor, he witnessed an entire populated ares of Earth be sealed off by a mysterious dome that he could only assume materialized over the region of the planet that it was covering. Before making any moves to deal with the problem, he turned to Superion to gain instructions.

#167 Edited by Shield-Maiden (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonxxx@mister_surreal@blubber@nordok@arceus_aurelius-rex

Superion firmly announced, displaying his capability of being able to lead a group of gifted individuals, before taking off like a speeding bullet. Helena had to admit, she was impressed. She might not have approved of his call to allow strangers onto their base of operations, but she knew deep down, Lucas was a natural leader as shown during the altercation with Ares, her half-uncle. If the commanding hero was a Alochías of the Atholis Army, she would of followed him into the heat of battle like the brave warriors of Thermopylae. As all the heroes departed to meet with Superion at the meeting room, Helena found herself fixated toward the floating-being. She wanted to know everything about the mysterious warrior; where did he hail from? why did he truly attack their quarters? was it truly to test it's might? was he a relative of hers? The questions flooded her mind as if Poseidon summoned a powerful wave to submerge her into the dark depths of the ocean.

A loud clang of metal struck against the hard ground, catching the demigod's attention, and freeing her from her own thoughts and curiosity. Panting and waggling his tail back and forth with excitement, sat Superion's dog, Kon, staring up at her with eyes full of adventure and excitement. Dividing the two from each other, laid her personal shield and sword. Helena genuinely smiled. She did not know how the dog was able to remove her sword from her hand, but she did not complain. "You, mischievous dog," She let out a gentle laugh as she dropped down on one knee to rub it's head. "Maybe, I can persuade Superion into letting you sleep with me tonight, but no promises," She leaned forward and kissed it's forehead. The demigod always dreamt of having a dog as a child, their was no loyal friend greater than that of the creature. "Now, return my things, I will not be needing them at this moment," She glanced out the window, her eyes narrowing before returning her attention to Kon, whose tail was waggling exceedingly fast from the massage she was giving him. "But, I need you to fetch me my lasso and bring it to me at the meeting room. If you do, I shall sneak in some supper for you," She grinned mischievously. "Now, run as swiftly as Hermes!" She commanded as she rose from the floor and began to make her way down the hall and toward the meeting room; there, she would give her counsel to Superion and the others.

No Caption Provided

All eyes were on Helena when she entered the meeting room, a minute late. She did not know if it was because of her supposed beauty, not being punctual, or the burden, she was trying to hide. But, all eyes were fixated on her. "Forgive me, I was a bit, distracted." She said, half-truthfully as she leaned against the wall with her arms crossed, waiting for Kon to bring the delivery. As she waited for the meeting to begin, Helena took the time to examine the room with her mysterious blue eyes that seemed to flicker from electric blue to a dark blue shade. The room itself was filled with enough technology to make Hephaestus a valuable member of the team, that's if he was even impressed by the craftsmanship. To her, the mechanical advancements were impressive. Whoever was responsible, truly had the hands of Hephaestus, and deserved to be honored for their work. In the center of the room, stood a round table inscribed with the letters JLA in the material. Surrounding the table, were unique distinctive chairs, labeled with symbols for each member of the team. She noticed one chair had her given crest on it-a W, meaning wisdom. At least that's what her mother said in the scroll, she left for her with the armor. Not genuinely being apart of the team and feeling unworthy to bare the name Shieldmaiden or sit alongside the heroes, Helena remained standing.

As the heroes finally began discussing the sudden attack on the headquarters, Helena waited patiently to express her counsel to the team, only to be robbed of her chance when one of the large monitors in the room began to blink, warning the heroes of an impending threat. As the screen zoomed in on the problem, she watched as a gigantic circular object, rested in a public area. Looking to Superion, Helena waited for him to give his next set of instructions and for Kon to arrive with her lasso.

#168 Posted by ParagonxXx (3959 posts) - - Show Bio

@wild_cat: Want in on the JLA meeting to discuss what Darkchild did (all he did was give the JLA Base a little shake to say "hello") or continue to do our own thing with Warrior Angel and Wild Cat?

#169 Edited by superion_prime (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@arceus_aurelius-rex: @blubber: @teelara: @mister_surreal: @shield-maiden:

As soon as everyone arrives, Superion introduces the newcomers to everyone else, but he keeps it brief and to the point since they have business to discuss. In the sense of time, Superion knows they need action more than words, so the meeting will have to be quick, but decisive, on the action that needs to be done.

"The base has been shaken by a mysterious being. I personally don't recognize him so he's a new player. I need--" But then the big monitor displays a dome appearing somewhere on Earth. The meeting has to be cut short, but Superion is clearly a bit frustrated.

Glancing at his untested team, at least to the new members, he looks back at the dome, "We're going to have to table this for now. Thanks to our threat detection monitoring Earth, a dome just appeared over a populated area. Unless any of you have any better ideas, I suggest we go and investigate before planning, on the spot, what to do about it. If lives are in immediate danger, we are to help any and all that we can. Before we go, if any of you have any quick suggestions, questions or ideas of your own, now is the time to bring it up. If not, let's move out."

Kon does as commanded by Helena, displaying his keen intelligence. By the time Helena attends the meeting, Kon has her lasso in his mouth and nudges her hand so that she knows he is there to let her have it. He let's her pet him, then he saunters over to Blubber as if to act as the man's personal body guard. Some of the team knows that Kon has the same powers as Superion, but not all of them know. And Superion himself suspects that Kon is smarter than the average dog, but since Kon cannot speak then the Man of Steel is left wondering.

Hal nods at Teelara and heads for the meeting, listening to what Superion says but not coming up with ideas or strategies himself.

If the team comes up with additional suggestions, ideas, strategies, then Superion listens and nods. If not, then he moves to the teleporter room but hears what Blubber asks him, then he looks at Blubber, "I'm sorry, Blubber, but we're likely heading into a very dangerous situation and I don't want to put you in danger. Thunderstorm will make sure you get home safely."

(OOC: So, if anyone has any other IC suggestions, council, that sort of thing, now is the time to say it. Otherwise, I suggest we take our RP HERE

Blubber, feel free to ignore what Superion said and somehow get there anyway. If Blubber proves he's capable in a fight, then that will be a good thing. ^_^)

#170 Edited by wild cat (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonxxx: I am down with whatever. Maybe Warrior Angel could send me to the meeting room? Whatever you like

Edit: Just saw the latest post and I think Wildcat could enter the meeting while everyone was already leaving to respond to the threat, catching just enough to be caught up to speed. I also think Wildcat could bring @blubber into battle if he's cool.

#171 Posted by Warrior_Angel (111 posts) - - Show Bio

@wild_cat: (OOC: Sounds good to me. ^_^)

Warrior Angel hears Superion announce that everyone is to come to the meeting room to discuss something. She is no longer a member of the team, but she's already here. As she starts to head for the meeting room, she glances at Wild Cat, "Seems you caught us at a bad time. I'm sorry for that."

#172 Posted by Blubber (1129 posts) - - Show Bio

@wild_cat said:

Edit: Just saw the latest post and I think Wildcat could enter the meeting while everyone was already leaving to respond to the threat, catching just enough to be caught up to speed. I also think Wildcat could bring @blubber into battle if he's cool.

I'd love it if you could help me get in to the game. I'm open to any suggestions!

I was personally thinking I could either sneak my way on board after morphing into something small

or beg to let do crowd control! But again, I'm open to any suggestions!

#173 Posted by wild cat (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

@warrior_angel@blubber: "Someone in trouble or somethin?" Wildcat quipped once more as she followed Karah's lead before parting ways once they were in the room. The meeting had just finished as the members were on their feet. Ted caught just enough to know what was going on. "I leave earth for just a few minutes and that's when all the fun starts" He said to himself under his breath.

As the Veteran Vigilante starts making his way out of the room, he overhears someone giving orders to another to sit this one out. He takes a look through the door's opening created by the other members leaving and caught a glimpse of who the individuals were before the door fully closed. Ted stepped aside and waited for Blubber come out of the meeting room.

#174 Posted by Blubber (1129 posts) - - Show Bio

@wild_cat@paragonxxx

For the next few minutes Blubber was happy, for sitting next to him was some of Earth's greatest heroes. Some of which were famous, legends in their own rights, and some eager just to prove themselves worthy. Blubber of course was one of them. As the members of the JLA discussed their options, it inevitably fell on Superions shoulders. With a heavy heart, and a firm hand, he made a command decision, followed by the bang of a gavel, and finally the closing of the meeting. Unfortunately for Blubber, his name was never mention once in the meeting or even afterwards as they headed towards the transporter room. Because of this, he made it a point to pull Superion aside and in his humblest of ways asked, “and just how again can I help?”Already he was day dreaming about fighting side by side with his idol and morphed his upper back into forming a makeshift cape, bright red and with Superion’s trademark ‘S’! But as he stood there wide eyed and wondering, the only answer Superion could give him was a firm "I'm sorry, Blubber, but we're likely heading into a very dangerous situation and I don't want to put you in danger.” He then went on to tell him that Thunderstorm would get him home safely, but Blubber didn’t hear a word of it.

Inside his heart sunk, as he felt figuratively kicked in the gut over and over and over. Even with his limited intelligence he knew Superion was right, and only wanted to protect him, in the same way he wanted to protect all others. Still it was the worst news he’d ever heard. Immediately, his cape morphed back into the folds in his back, as the only thing he could say was, “You’re rightas always Superion!That’s why you’reEarth’s greatest hero.” Trying hard to fight back the tears he continues, “But would you please, you know, call me again sometime? Maybe to just hang out?” Unfortunately for him, Superion did not have the time to talk now, as he and the others rushed out of the room, leaving him alone and in the care of Thunderstorm. Slowly he waited to be escorted out by her, despite his obvious desire to stay, and reached out in the hopes she would hold his hand for emotional support. But the fact was he was one second away from breaking into a typhoon of tears, mixed with some of the saddest sobbing ever seen.

But unable to do any thing other than follow the Thunder Goddess out of the room, he choose to do it as a hero would. Immediately, he arches his back to stand tall, as he hold his chin high above several others. He then does his best to wipe away his last few tears. But it wasn’t until the double doors slid open that he found the courage to ask the lady, “So tell me Thunderstorm...” he asks with all enthusiasm, “Just how did you get to be a hero?I mean what was your big break?” Unfortunately as he was so focused on hearing her answer, he failed to notice the Legendary Wild Cat waiting outside, and almost collided with him, maybe even to the point of knocking him down. Either way Blubber took quick notice of the Icon in his cat like outfit, and joyfully shouted, “Oh my God! You’re Wild Cat! You’re Ted Grant!” He then moves in to hug the man, with all six hundred pounds of his fat moving in like a wave, “My name is Grant too, In fact I tell people I was named after you.” Overly pleased to the point his hands began shaking, and his fat wiggled up and down, he continues to ask Ted the same question he asked Thunderstorm, in a desperate chance to prove himself worthy.“So tell me Ted...” he humbles himself again, “CanI call you Ted?as another hero who can’t fly,how did youget your chance to be a hero?I mean, at what point did someone give you a chanceto prove yourself.....worthy?!?!?

#175 Edited by wild cat (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

@blubber: Ted's eyes followed Thunderstorm out of the room and eventually out of his peripheral vision. Anytime now, Blubber would follow suit. But before Wildcat could have formed another thought, a behemoth of a man bumped into the old timer. Almost knocking him down completely. "Hey, there big guy. Watch it" Ted Grant spoke, with a big grin across his face. He listened to Blubber's infectious enthusiasm and excitement as Grant Frump blabbered on.

CanI call you Ted?as another hero who can’t fly,how did youget your chance to be a hero?I mean, at what point did someone give you a chanceto prove yourself.....worthy?!?!?

Frump asked, his tone sincere and genuine like that of a child.

"Nobody gave me anything kid, and I sure as-" Ted slightly cocked his head to the left, unsure if he should continue with the profanities he had in mind. "And I sure as heck didn't wait for chances to be handed out to me. You gotta do it on your own, you gotta create those opportunities." Wildcat looked around, everyone else seemed to have left the premises. "I don't know what you do kid, aside from maybe eating whatever it is that's invading earth. But if you can find a way to sneak yourself into the Teleportation Room without being seen by whoever is still in there, probably the lady you followed out. Then I'll see you back down on earth, where the fun is at" With that, Wildcat hastily heads to the Teleportation Room with the duffel bag that he came in with still in hand.

#176 Edited by Sarah_and_Lara (198 posts) - - Show Bio

@wild_cat: @blubber:

Warrior Angel smiles and politely excuses herself, adding, "We'll definitely have to catch up later, Wild Cat." Then she leaves, waving at Blubber with a hand and a sorrowful look as if to tell him she is sorry they can't talk more.

Thunderstorm, however, stays for a bit longer in order to answer Blubber's question after Wild Cat answers with his own words of wisdom, "I agree with Wild Cat. I'm sure Superion will help when he can, but ultimately, the path to being a hero and saving lives is up for you to grab. If it's a dream of yours, it's up to you to chase it. No one can do it for you."

Then she looks at her hammer, taking the time to answer his question and getting a far away look in her eyes, "Like you, I wanted to be a hero. So, when I got my hammer I went out and created opportunities. I started saving lives and putting my life on the line." Then she looks right at Blubber, so full of awe and wonder, "Being a hero is not an easy life, kid. I lost a lot, I even lost my own family because of this life. So if being a hero is something you really want to do, you have to accept the bad as well as the good."

Knowing Blubber wants to be a hero and if he's held back, he may never be one. It's a risk, but Thunderstorm is betting things will work out okay, so she looks at Wild Cat, "I have to go, I'm leaving him under your care." Thunderstorm is doing this for a reason. She cannot see the future but she has a strong feeling Ted is going to give Blubber what he wants.

Then Thunderstorm places a hand on Blubber's shoulder, looking him right in the eyes, "Just believe in yourself, that's the most important thing. And when things seem at their darkest hour, never give up. Push on and rise above it."

She waits for any replies before she takes her leave.

(OOC: There you go, now you guys can have some fun. ^_^)

#177 Edited by Mister_Surreal (9055 posts) - - Show Bio

@blubber: @wild_cat:

Mister Surreal listens patiently to the orders that Superion gives out to the group, focusing tentatively to what the team is instructed to do. Once the meeting is finished and the team got up to leave, Mister Surreal decided to stay behind and take a few steps backwards. “I’m going in on my own, I’ll meet with you once you get to ground.”, he says to the group he he pushes his chair back into its original position with a gentle shove. He calmly watched as the others walked out o the door of the room and went to the teleporters.

The reason why he wanted to stay behind for a moment and leave by using himself was so that he could asses the situation further. He had a strange feeling about all of this ever since he looked at the being that disturbed the moon base. It was as if this being had some greater power of influence that he wasn’t aware of, something dangerous. It wasn’t uncommon to feel this way when encountering a new threat, but this was more than just that. Mister Surreal frowned as he made his way to the teleporter room.

As he made his way there, he noticed Blubber Wild Cat speaking somewhat discretely as their teammates were out of area. While Mister Surreal wasn’t normally one to pry into the business of others, he wondered what these two were talking about, so he allowed himself to break his normal rules of social edict for a few moments. As he listened closely to what they are saying, he heard Wild Cat mention him sneaking into the teleporter room without anyone noticing him. Mister Surreal found that piece of information to be the most interesting form what he could gather.

It was a bit shocking to him in all honesty, that Wild Cat would suggest that someone should directly disobey Superion’s orders. There was a good reason why Blubber was instructed not to leave them base and yet he was being encouraged to go off and do otherwise. He figured that it was about time that move from his “hiding spot”, not wanting to gain the attention of the two people that he was watching at a distance. He went of to the teleporter room knowing exactly what was going on.

(OOC: If you guys don’t want me to know what is happening, then I can edit it.)

#178 Posted by Blubber (1129 posts) - - Show Bio

@wild_cat@shield-maiden@paragonxxx@mister_surreal

No Caption Provided

Blubber listened as intensive as he could, despite the fact he was still awe struck in Wild Cat’s presence. But as the conversation delved into him becoming a hero, he concentrated on every word. Even as the aged boxer commented on his weight and possibly, ‘eating whatever it is that's invading earth’ Blubber heard it as the gospel. For with every word he learned more and more, on how to be a hero, and this time he was not going to let his chance pass by. Through it all Wild Cat suggested that he should just go for it, with inspiring words like, “You gotta do it on your own...” and “...you gotta create those opportunities!” But with each word, Blubber wanted more. In his limited way of thinking he begged to ask questions like, “But when do you know when those moments arise, and how do you know your doing the right thing?” but instead he choose to remain silent. For just as Ted finished his inspiring speech on gumption, Thunderstorm felt it necessary to chime in as well. While pretty much agreeing with everything Wild Cats said, she choose to add the darker side of being a hero, a fact that still scares even the best today. She spoke strongly, as well as passionately about her losses, and the losses of her love ones, all wrapped around the manacle of being a ‘Hero! But despite all her dark undertones and misbegotten words, she left him with a powerful message, as she laid her hand on his shoulder, looked him right in the eyes and said, "Just believe in yourself, that's the most important thing. And when things seem at their darkest hour, never give up. Push on and rise above it."

Overwhelmed with mixed emotions, Blubber stood there,deep in thought and reflection. For once he did not want to hug the woman but instead to shake her hand and salute her. With an odd expression of both joy and pride he tells her, “You’re right.! I really really really need to take my shot and just be...” he perks up, “..ME!” Still a bit unsure exactly what it is he needs to do, he felt confident in the fact now was his time. “Thank you again Thunderstorm. You’re just as good a hero as Superion, and I’m gonna do just what you two told me to!” Once again he stands tall, as he re-morphs a make shift red cape, as he delves deep into the two heroes words. Finally, after a long deep deliberation of their incite, he wraps his little mind around Ted Grant’s words, “But if you can find a way to sneak yourself into the Teleportation Room without being seen. Then I'll see you back down on earth, where the fun is." With a quick reshuffling of his weight to show importance, he moves in to shake her hand one more time, as he boldly remarks, “I now know what it is I have to do! I’m gonna go now and sneak on board that teleporting devise and be a real life hero!” With great pride he turns to leave, ignoring any and everything that Thunderstorm may have said after that, and for once stood confident in his dream. But just as he began darting down the hallway to catch up with the aged boxer, just as he planned to morph his plus size frame down to the size of a tiny golf ball, and hide himself in the boxer’s pocket, a weird sensation swept over him.

No Caption Provided

For some strange reason the words, “sneak on board” resonated over and over in his mind. At the time they seemed quite simple, but with each passing second they didn’t seem quite right. It was as if some unseen force was guiding him or at least make him think deeper on Wild Cat’s words, with out actually doing anything. Either way, Blubber delved deeper into thought, deeper than whether to order thin or thick crust pizza, for something didn’t seem right. For why would Wild Cat make a suggestion that opposed Superion’s orders. Then with a boyish grin, that easily stretched from ear to ear, he came up with his solution. In a blatant act of bravery he bolts down the hall, screaming out Ted’s name, until finally catching him just outside the transporter room’s door! “I’ve been thinking about what you said and I’m here to be a hero!” Looking him dead in the eyes he declares “You never wanted me to‘sneak’ at all! For heroes never sneak!” he mumbles a bit, “unless you’re talking about hat vigilante in Gothic, but for the most part heroes...don’t....sneak!” Rolling with confidence he breaks eye contact only to take a heroic pose, as he continues, “So I can only assume you wanted me to do the opposite!” Taking in a deep breath, he squares up with the man, while reluctantly raising his hands for a fight. “Hero’s face adversity every day, and never back down! So, your eeither gonna have to whoop my hiny or take me with you!” But despite the obvious false bravado in his words, his hands shook as he stood toe to toe with one of the greatest, but more importantly the man who held his future in his hands! But as awkward as he felt at that moment, it would have been multiplied if he knew others were nearby and listening!

(OOC - Please allow Shield-Maiden the next post as she has something in mind!)

#179 Posted by wild cat (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

@blubber: Hahaha, I love this character!

@sarah_and_lara: Crap. Sorry if I stepped on any plans or if my post felt like it just ignored whatever you may have planned for!

@mister_surreal: I don't mind. It's pretty fun.

#180 Posted by superion_prime (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@wild_cat: Not a prob, you didn't ruin anything. ^_^

#181 Edited by Shield-Maiden (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonxxx@blubber@mister_surreal@arceus_aurelius-rex@wild_cat@teelara

We're going to have to table this for now. Thanks to our threat detection monitoring Earth, a dome just appeared over a populated area. Unless any of you have any better ideas, I suggest we go and investigate before planning, on the spot, what to do about it. If lives are in immediate danger, we are to help any and all that we can. Before we go, if any of you have any quick suggestions, questions or ideas of your own, now is the time to bring it up. If not, let's move out."

Helena wanted to pull Superion to the side and express her grievances there and then, but Lucas was right, lives were at stake and the team needed to get to the battlefield as quickly as possible. Holding the team up would only mount up innocent casualties and she did not want innocent blood on her hands, especially with everything she was going through. Despite this, the former princess wrestled with something else entirely in her heart. Should she reveal, the truth about not accompanying the heroes? She felt it was the right thing to do, but the possibility of Superion protesting, leading the two into a heated debate, could distract him and cost lives.

Deciding the best course of action was to remain silent and deal with the consequences of her treachery later, she only mustered but one obvious observation that could prove vital to the team. "Superion," She called as she pushed herself from the wall, her mysterious blue eyes fixated on his. "I suspect our attacker has something to do with earth's looming threat. If this is true, beware. This floating fortress seems to bare the might of Atlas, and for a being to shake it's foundation, only means he wields the strength of a God." She warned, attempting to aid the heroes as best as she could. Her counsel might have been obvious, but she needed to be certain the team was prepared for anything; it was the least she could do as she was about to fail them. Since obtaining her U.S. citizenship magically, like her mother said would happen, the Justice League Alliance sheltered her and treated her like family-Superion treated her like family and saw the best in her for some reason. But, here she was, paying them back by not accompanying them in these unusual circumstances, especially with the possibility of innocents being in danger.

But someone had to investigate the new restaurant in Gothic City, thousands of lives were in danger and nobody was doing anything about it, since the city was as corrupt and immoral as Corinth. She spent a couple of days spying on the booming restaurant and now she finally had enough intel to infiltrate. She could of given the job to someone like Apex or Thunderstorm, but the mysterious events surrounding the restaurant seemed out of their league. Feeling something moist nudge her hand, Helena looked down to find Kon holding her wrapped mustard colored lariat in his mouth. The lariat seemed like any ordinary lasso, but deep within it contained the virtue of Apollo. Taking the lariat from Kon's mouth, the demigod glanced over toward Blubber as he followed Superion out of the meeting room, his massive stomps, causing Mister Surreal's seat to roll back, which she thought was pretty funny. "Good boy, Kon. Hold me to the oath, I promised you." She gave him a quick smile before exiting the meeting room.

Following Superion, Thunderstorm, and Blubber as they strode toward the teleportation room; she casually turned the corner as they began discussing. Propping herself against the wall, Helena peered from the corner; she wanted to catch Blubber off guard when Lucas was not around.

"I'm sorry, Blubber, but we're likely heading into a very dangerous situation and I don't want to put you in danger. Thunderstorm will make sure you get home safely."

Hearing the extremely pudgy hero get turned down by Superion brought confliction to what she was about to do; he looked as if a sword pierced through his lardy chest, impaling his perceived gentle heart. Helena felt nothing but pity for the human "cyclops," but she could not allow her emotions to get in the way of logic. She truly was a daughter of Athena, even if she did not realize it. What a coincidence the headquarters was besieged by an unknown-being, the same day a contest was won for someone to roam the floating fortress. Was it possible, the unexpected attack was just purely coincidental? She believed so. But, she also suspected the obese giant could be a Trojan Horse. Nevertheless, the truth will be revealed, whether he liked it or not. As Lucas departed to earth, Helena saw her chance to fulfil her opportunity. Appearing from out the corner, she casually strode toward the plumpish ox who was accompanied by Thunderstorm and another stranger. The Lasso of Apollo, rolled neatly in her hand. Was this stranger a new member of their faction? Another victor of the contest that Superion held? She'll soon find out. Approaching the three, Helena slowly began to undo her lasso with her fingers, her face as stern as the Statue of Athena that overlooked Athens.

No Caption Provided

Now, standing before Grant, the former princess began to ponder if this truly was necessary. Blubber's eyes were red and moist as if his sclera was drenched from a wave of blood. His face: guiltless, disappointed, and innocent. He truly looked as if his dreams were struck by Nemesis: Goddess of Retribution and Balance. Thinking to herself, a brilliant idea donned on her as if it were a blessing from Athena, her mother. "Mr. Grant, I have a proposition for you," She revealed, her fingers stopped twirling, the lasso now half-way undone. "You wish to prove yourself a hero? Well, I wish to see that for you too. Sincerely. But, I must know you mean no harm to my companions or this craftsmanship," She gestured around the headquarters with her other hand. "I am aware of my...intimidating nature, but know I am as warm as the hearth of Hestia. Well, when someone earns my trust that is. You must understand, someone has to be wise, discerning, and precautious. It is what a wise warrior does to keep themselves alive in a world plagued with trials and tribulations. Trust me, I do not behave this way for ill intent. I do it to protect the good. Those I care about, who have earned my admiration and trust. I do it to protect humanity from monsters like Ares, my half-uncle. So, I do pray you understand," She sighed, catching her breath as she tried to explain her intentions the best way she could. "With that being said, I offer you a chance to prove to me that you are not in league with the Being that attacked us. My Lasso," She held up the magical lariat. "Is bestowed with the gifts of Apollo. It will compel you to reveal any desire, secret, or question, I ask of you. If you accept, I will take reasonability for disobeying the wishes of Superion and teleport you into the battlefield," She gave him a slight smile, knowing that his dream is to prove, he can be a hero and make Superion proud. "If you decline....then I know you are hiding something and will not allow you anywhere near Superion….or the rest of my companions," Her eyes narrowed and her fingers tightened around the lasso. "I believe you are who you say you are. I believe you wish to be a hero and prove yourself. But, appearances and words can be deceiving, my friend. I must know for sure. So, what do you say?" If he accepted, the fortune of Tyche will shine upon him. If he declined, the wrath of Nemesis followed.

#182 Edited by Blubber (1129 posts) - - Show Bio
#183 Posted by Shield-Maiden (1767 posts) - - Show Bio
#184 Posted by wild cat (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

@blubber: Shield-Maiden's interaction is after Wildcat and Blubber's?

#185 Posted by Blubber (1129 posts) - - Show Bio

@wild_cat said:

@blubber: Shield-Maiden's interaction is after Wildcat and Blubber's?

Either "After or During" would be my guess.

#186 Edited by Shield-Maiden (1767 posts) - - Show Bio
#187 Posted by wild cat (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

@blubber: I'll follow after you, got a terrible fever and feel like crap. If that's cool.

Avatar image for arceus_aurelius-rex
#188 Posted by Arceus_Aurelius-Rex (468 posts) - - Show Bio

@shield-maiden:

The girl with the dark hair and brilliant blue eyes hung back, peeling off from the group and slinking out of sight while the others made their preparations. Was she off to gather material from her own personal arsenal? Or simply retreating out of sight in the hopes of avoiding attention, and abandoning the mission?

Either way, he had no time to explore her motivations. There were people dying on the planet below, and he knew from experience that as the moments ticked by the danger would only worsen for those trapped in Dehli. But even knowing that, he could not help but steal a final glance back at the demi-goddess, for even then, even before he had any idea of her divine origin, he could not help but be caught in her preternatural beauty. His eyes settled on her fair skin and stuck there, fascinated by how it contrasted so pleasantly with her night black hair, and when he caught a glimpse into the deep blue pools of her eyes his mind went blank, suddenly lost among the churning waters of the Aegean Sea, the spell breaking only when she turned her back and proceeded to leave the room.

He could not help but to steal that final glance, to delay that extra half second.

It was time that he would regret wasting. It was time those in New Dehli did not have.

#189 Posted by Shield-Maiden (1767 posts) - - Show Bio
#190 Posted by Blubber (1129 posts) - - Show Bio

@shield-maiden@wild_cat

This was by far his most dramatic moment. Never before had Blubber felt so many emotions flow through him. Fear, pride, joy and sadness all accumulated in one vital moment in time. Standing before him was none other than the legendary Wild Cat, a profound hero that was fighting crime, long before he was even born. But what made this moment so intense, was that Blubber, challenged him to a fight. For in his small simple little world, it was his only way to prove he was in fact a Hero! But despite the fact he stood toe to toe with the Icon, and held his over sized fists up ready for a fight, the truth was he was scared to death. For at this time, Blubber had no idea of his full potential. He knew he was strong, immensely strong, and could bend his shape into most any form he could imagine, but the fact was he had never been in an actual fight. That, plus the fact that in his head he had over hyped the Boxer’s abilities, based off endless comics and cartoons, that had convinced Blubber that Ted could take his head off with one shot. So for now, he tried to appear tough, standing strong in his convictions but with both obvious fear and doubt in his eyes. Either way he spoke up, clearly with a trembling in his throat, only to say, “when ever you are ready to, um, throw down, you just say the word and I’ll prove to you I am, (he gulps), a hero!?!”

Suddenly, and with great surprise to Blubber, a strong but angelic voice spoke up calling out,"Mr. Grant, I have a proposition for you!" Immediately, he backed off from Ted, over joyed by the fact the fight was stopped before it began, and with the greatest sincerity declared, “Oh thank God!” He then begs Ted for forgiveness,”Pleeeeeeeeease believe me Wild Cat! I really really really didn’t want to fight you, I just, um, thought that was the right thing to do at the time.” But after a few seconds of apologizing to his icon for his over zealousness, he turns his attention to the stranger in the room, only to see the voluptuous Shield Maiden standing there staring them both down. In his simplistic nature, unaware of the Goddess’s intentions, he humbly asks back, “Um, just um, which Grant are you talking to? Because my name is Grant too!” He then giggles as he always does. But to his surprise, all his questions were answered, as she so elegantly puts it, "You wish to prove yourself a hero? Well, I wish to see that for you too.” Immediately Blubber’s eyes widen, thrilled with the chance for his dream to come true, and to the best of his efforts, tries to remain heroic. But as she goes into great detail talking about her heritage and precautions, he unfortunately gets lost with her big words.

But despite that fact, he was still overwhelmed with the passion in her voice and as such he trusted her completely. Without knowing it, he even grew a small, but similar, representation of her logo across the front of his chest. He was so deep into the passions of her words that he never once felt nervous, with her ample cleavage open wide and exposed. Instead he nodded along with eyes full of wonder, that was until he heard the words, "With that being said, I offer you a chance to prove to me that you are not in league with the Being that attacked us. My Lasso," Finally something registered with him, as she went into explaining how it compelled you to reveal any desire, secret or question, she asked you, and as such it was simple enough for him to understand. After she finally finished her story, Blubber was eager to respond to show he understood. In a rather basic, almost childlike way he asked her, “So all you got to do is wrap your magic rope thingy around me andask questions?” But no matter how she responded, Blubber was already moving on to the last part of the deal, “and if I answer your questions truthfully,I get to be a...” his eyes sparkle anew, “..Hero?!?” Wasting no more time he whole heartedly agreed and knelt before her. But despite his over zealousness, there was still a level of fear, and as such he had to fight hard not to ask the question, “Is it gonna hurt?” for in his mind a hero never showed fear. Instead the only question he asked her before she drew her magic lasso was, “Um, do you have enough rope to reach around me?Cause I’m kind of, you know, big!

#191 Posted by Shield-Maiden (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

@blubber:

Beautiful post, Blubber. I will have mine up as soon as I post up for King Leo, which won't take long.

#192 Posted by Blubber (1129 posts) - - Show Bio

@shield-maiden:

(OOC -No rush. But I have to know, did you get a laugh at the which Grant are you talking to part?)

#193 Posted by Shield-Maiden (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

@blubber: Honestly I smiled. The part I did laugh at was the part where Blubber asked if the lasso was long enough to ensnare him 😂

#194 Edited by Shield-Maiden (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

Unlike her mother, Helena was willing to take strategic risk from time to time. Truthfully, she despised it. Like her mother, she would rather be precautious and guarantee herself victory, but Cronus-time itself was not in her favor. She understood allowing someone as gullible and inexperienced as Grant into the battlefield could prove to be a disaster, but what other choice did she have? She could not assist the heroes in this investigation, not when many were perishing without a trace in Gothic City. This quest-this mission, she embarked on, sang to her like the enchanting Sirens; she could not explain why, but the Fates worked the thread of life in mysterious ways.

Despite the risk, the warrior princess made sure this was a strategic risk, not a rash one. Cyclopes were not typically bright, yet their tremendous strength struck fear into the heart of Ancient Greece. They trampled over armies and brought the demise of many aspiring heroes. In fact, she saved a Cyclops during her journey, who then befriended her. It was the first time, she had ever encountered a good-natured Cyclops and probably the last. Blubber reminded her so much of the jolly giant; courageous, selfless, loyal, and innocent. That same Cyclops, while not blessed by Athena, sacrificed himself to save her and the Tribe of Artemis. Animals, who possessed lower intelligence levels than mortals, guarded their loved ones and even laid their lives for them. Blubber might lack her mental capacity, but he had the heart of a hero; he knew right from wrong and he was as capable as a Cyclops. His capabilities and size were unheard of, but it was enough to prove useful. Grant might not be her one-eyed companion or an animal, but if they were capable of protecting life; so was he. If the chunky aspiring hero agreed to her terms, this plan while strategically risky, could work.

"I must bare the burden of Wise Counsel"

Her heart drowned itself with sorrow and pity as Grant agreed to her terms. Truthfully she did not want to do this-violating someone's personal freedom, but she had no other choice. Her companions needed aid, especially if this mysterious dome turned out to be an invasion. As much as she respected Superion and felt a connection toward him during the events with Ares, she blamed him for allowing a stranger into their base of operations. None of this would be happening if he followed protocol. She understood what he was trying to do overall, it was noble. But, the Justice League Alliance was now a target, thanks to the media and publicity. Allowing strangers to be given a tour was a security risk. "I must bare the burden of Wise Counsel." The thought sailed in her mind.

"Um, do you have enough rope to reach around me? Cause I’m kind of, you know, big!

No Caption Provided

Grant asked innocently as he knelt before her. He was so gullible, overjoyed, innocent, sociable, and naïve like a child; how could he possibly be working for the being that attacked them? He even used his....gift to shift a piece of his skin into her logo that stood for wisdom. "No" She thoughtfully told herself. The besiegement against them and Blubber's arrival could of been coincidental...or not. She endured and witnessed many experiences where someone played a role as good as Dionysus; she would not allow her emotions to cloud her judgement, the truth needed to be revealed. "Trust me, it is enough," She smiled. Despite her precautious and suspicious nature, Helena wanted to prove herself wrong; she wanted to show Grant, she was not doing this out of ill intent and was generally a virtuous and kind woman. "I do not need to ensnare your body; You are not resisting." She says as she wraps the lariat around his chunky wrist. She then looped the lasso around his other wrist and began to bind them together like handcuffs. Her electric blue eyes remained on his seemingly innocent face with a loving smile, reassuring and comforting him that he can trust her like a mother. Once his hands were yoked together, she closed her eyes and held onto the last bit of cord. "O, Lord Apollo, lustrous and heavenly foreseer. Son of Zeus and Leto, twin brother to Lady Artemis. Please hear my prayer," She sung in prayer; her voice as ensnaring as the voice of Aphrodite. "Shine your truth upon the unfruitful works of darkness; bring light to what is hidden within this man's heart." As she prayed to the lasso, a bright yellow light overtook the golden lariat, gleaming and glittering like the sun on earth's atmosphere. "Did you conspire an attack against the Justice League of Alliance with the being that besieged us? If not, what truly brought you here? The Lasso of Apollo compels you to speak only but the truth!" Her voice was loud and authoritative like an officer disciplining his troops. The lasso's glow became brighter, shining upon their faces like an open vault of gold.

@blubber

Next post, you will be sent off to help Superion and the gang. Unless, you want to control my character in your next post to speed up the teleportation process? You have my permission.

#195 Posted by wild cat (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

@blubber: @shield-maiden:

Wildcat raised an eyebrow. The Veteran Vigilante only wanted to "smuggle" Blubber alongside with him as he felt sorry for the young and aspiring hero who seemed to have dreamt of fighting along side earth's mightiest heroes ever since he could form a thought, but it was rudimentary to figure out that Blubber wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed and somehow Wildcat's cheeky plan upset the eager hero instead of instilling more excitement as Ted initially thought it would.

Then before he could respond to Blubber's challenge, Shield-Maiden joined the conversation. Wildcat took a few steps back after nodding to Shield Maiden as a greeting. He didn't know how to handle the awkward situation he had gotten himself into. But seeing how Helena knew how to talk to Blubber, it eased the veteran.

Ted looked at the teleportation room like a kid eyeing dessert on a table, but before he could respond, he had to eat his vegetables first, in this case he had to see how the Blubber situation would turn out.

#196 Posted by Blubber (1129 posts) - - Show Bio

@shield-maiden@wild_cat

If Blubber were able to sweat, he would be sweating buckets. For this was his defining moment. With a body trebling with nervousness he bowed before the Goddess, hoping that he could pass her test and prove, not only to himself, but to others, that he had what it took to be a hero. But despite his best attempts to appear confident, he could not hide the genuine fact that even he wasn’t sure. All he could do now was trust, in himself and the idealism that if he had a heart, it would be big enough to overcome any adversity before him. But as he knelt before Shield Maiden in his most humblest of forms, he could not help but look up and gaze upon her. To his surprise he saw a variety of mixed emotions in her face, conflicting between Honor and Duty, with Trust and Understanding. But above them all was the look of Wisdom, that seemingly guided her on her way. In the end Blubber trusted her completely, like a loyal dog would trust his master, and as such he knelt before her asking only one question, “Um, do you have enough rope to reach around me? Cause I’m kind of, you know, big!” But as Helena, was beginning to like him, and wanted to trust him at the same time, she quickly put his fears to rest, almost joking with him as she replied, "Trust me, it is enough," then smiled.

Still trying to prove she was not doing this out of ill intent and was generally a virtuous and kind woman, she began explaining her actions, to him, "I do not need to ensnare your body; You are not resisting." after which she began wrapping her lariat around his chunky wrist. Immediately, he giggled as he always does, this time out of both hope and anticipation, and a little simply because it tickled. Then suddenly to his dismay it all went dark, as she looped the lasso around his other wrist and began to bind them together like handcuffs. Immediately, he began to fidget, uncomfortable in his restriction, and was about to shout out words like, “Wait! Stop!” followed by a frightened , “I uh, don’t like this anymore!” But as Helena looked down upon him, she quickly soothed his fears with but a simple look from her electric blue eyes, leaving Blubber docile again and easy to work with. She then began calling to the lords above to empower her and to, “Shine your truth upon the unfruitful works of darkness; bring light to what is hidden within this man's heart." But once again it was all over Blubbers head, and instead he waited patiently, with absolutely no idea what was going to happen next! Either way, he smiled at her as he always does with his boyish grin, hoping it wouldn’t hurt.

Suddenly the lasso around him began to glow with a bright yellow light, illuminating the entire hall with brilliance. At the same time Blubber’s eyes glowed with the same mystic light, as his facial expression turned to pure joy. Next his enormous girth seemed to lighten, almost as uplifting as if the lasso was making him...pure honesty. Finally a glimpse of intelligence crossed his face, as a nod to Helena that he was now ready. For Blubber was almost always honest, only lying when it benefited others and even then he didn’t feel right. For even when he brought his Scooby-Doo camera on board, which was against the rules on boarding the station, he felt compelled to tell the truth. That is why after Shield Maiden asked her two questions, he was happy to answer. “No sir, ma’am, I would never do anything that would cause harm to you or the other heroes on this station or anywhere else. I think that would be wrong.” Proud in hearing his own words he goes on, “and I'm here because I won the ‘Captain Crunchy Kiddy Cereal’ contest. I thought you already knew that?” It was at that point he felt heavenly blessed by telling the truth, that he just couldn’t stop. “and I did it by eating a lot of cereal, I MEAN A LOT!” He then goes into great detail on how he won the contest as well as the fact he thought Helena was pretty. He even went into how much he admired Superion and the others, as well as how much he wanted to be a hero.

Suddenly his face hangs low, as a sense of shame swept over him. He tried his best to look away, as he wanted to hide his shame, but instead let his honesty flow through him with the help of the lasso. “There is however one tiny little problem.” He looks up to her, almost begging for help as he finishes his statement, “The um, problem is, I um, I’ve never been in a fight before, in fact I’ve never even thrown a punch!” But as the lasso compelled him to divulge the inner secrets of his soul, for the first time in his life he confesses, “But I now know, I could fight, especially if some one was in danger!” With a huge weight lifted off his soul, he relaxes, blessed with his new confidence.”Thank you Mrs Shield Maiden, I just got over my greatest fear. I’m not afraid anymore!” Still firmly under the lasso’s spell he shouts, “I now feel ready to fight next to you and the others, and even Superion!” He then smiles back at her confident in his answers and asks, “So, did I pass? Did you approve? Can I be a member of the J.L.A.?” But as he was so overwhelmed in the moment, he began running down the hall towards the teleporter room, while shouting to Wild Cat, “Mr. Wild Cat sir, did you hear I get to be a hero like you.” Unfortunately in his haste, he forgot his hands were still bound together in Helena’s lariat and as such his arms were stretched down the length of the hall. His head and body were now standing before Ted, but his hands and wrist were back with Shield Maiden. But despite how awkwardly he appeared, he still chuckled out the words to everyone involved, “I, um, still get to be a hero, right?

#197 Posted by Shield-Maiden (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

@blubber:

Dude, your post are amazing and detailed.

#198 Posted by Blubber (1129 posts) - - Show Bio

@shield-maiden:

Wow!!! Thanks for such high praise. It means a lot!!!

I'm so glad you enjoy it!!!!

#199 Edited by wild cat (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

@blubber: @shield-maiden: A wide grin formed across Ted, amused at Blubber's predicament. The enthusiastic Blubber caught up to Wildcat; or at least some of him did. As hands were still with Shield Maiden the rest of him was already at Ted. "Woah!" Wildcat exclaimed, impressed and amused at the accidental showing of Grant Frump's powers. "That is so cool" The senior hero added with clear excitement in his tone.

"Now, let's get a movin' kid. Hopefully there still some baddies left for us" The Pugilistic Powerhouse could wait no longer as he walked with haste to the teleportation room, but not without holding the doors for Blubber. "You might want to free your hands there first though." He bantered.

"Oh and thanks!" Ted Grant added once more, this time addressed to Shield Maiden for taking care of a situation he had no idea how to deal with.

#200 Edited by Shield-Maiden (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

@wild_cat@blubber@mister_surreal@paragonxxx@superion_prime

The Lasso of Apollo was a heavenly gift of radiant beauty. Like the diverse God himself, the lasso was bestowed with all the significant powers the Sun God contained in himself from the domains he ruled over. It could compel those to reveal any truth, grant temporary diseases, heal the wounded to a certain extent, and burn those who tried to escape it's wrath. This was all possible under one command. Some capabilities had to be prayed over such as forcing the truth out of the ensnared victim or healing the wounded, but nevertheless, the lasso was her most versatile possession.

Helena kept her eyes locked on Grant, reassuring him that everything was going to be alright. At first, he reacted as any scared child would, hesitant and wanting out of the intimidating situation. She spoke in a motherly tone, attempting to soothe him down with her voice. How she was able to go from a stern intellectual warrior to a mother figure in such a short time, impressed even herself. Ever since she adopted Karah, Hera brought out her motherly nature, which she didn't believe dwelled within her because of all the opportunities taken from her. According to studies, when a woman gave birth to a child, their motherly instinct possessed them, but to Helena, it seemed like an impossible feat for her. But, that all changed when she was blessed with Karah, praise be to Hera. A sense of peace bestowed itself upon the demigod once her comforting words "enchanted" the cheerful blob, swaying him to what she desired-the truth without resistance.

The former princess watched as the lasso brought him into total submission. Deep down, she did not want to do this; it was an invasion of his privacy, but what other choice did she have? An unknown being besieged their floating fortress coincidentally when the team was distracted with him. In truth, he should not have been here logically, but this was her temporary home, not her kingdom; she did not have the authority to make the rules. Besides, if Grant wanted to assist her companions, she needed to make sure he was no mole, attempting to infiltrate their defenses or invade them in their sleep like the Greeks did to the Trojans.

“No sir, ma’am, I would never do anything that would cause harm to you or the other heroes on this station or anywhere else. I think that would be wrong.”

Satisfied with the results and finally relieved from the mixed emotions quarreling inside of her, a genuine smile washed over her like a tsunami called upon by the Trident of Poseidon. For once in her life, her suspicions were wrong and that relieved her greatly. A part of her wanted to apologize to the loveable child trapped inside the aspired man, but she reminded herself that she had every right to be discerning. In a century still plagued by deceit and betrayal, someone had to carry the burden of being precautious and wise.

The um, problem is, I um, I’ve never been in a fight before, in fact I’ve never even thrown a punch!

But I now know, I could fight, especially if some one was in danger!

The only flaw in her plan, now confirmed by Grant himself. She did not know if her mother had any presence in space, but if she was here right now, she would loath her daughter's plan. Athena was all about guarantee's and highly disapproved of taking risks, but maybe she was wrong and her mother actually supported strategic risk; it was something to ask when they reunited. Opening her mouth to encourage him with truth, Blubbler confessed he could do what was expected of him, easing her nerves a bit. Her whole confidence in this plan stemmed from the similarities between Grant and the Cyclopes; she could not afford to have him doubting his capabilities now.

So, did I pass? Did you approve? Can I be a member of the J.L.A.?

After being used for it's intended purpose, the illuminated lasso, dimmed and reverted back to a normal golden lariat. Looking at it, the lasso looked like any ordinary lariat, but she prayed for those who fell to the deception. Before she could pull the lasso cord to set Grant's wrist free, he began to lose himself to the excitement stacking up inside of him. "Okay, conta-" Before she could complete her sentence, the giant took off down the hall with her lasso, blabbering and shouting with joy. Smiling and shaking her head, Helena took a step to give him chase, only to discover his arms stretched so far from his body, it left a trail of elastic skin from where she stood to the teleportation room. There the heroes waited along with Superion who might disapprove of her actions. Taking a deep breath, Helena pulled the lasso cord she held, unbinding Grant's wrist and setting him free. Truthfully, she was pleased with the results, but now the harder part was informing Superion and hoping her mother would bless Grant once they reached earth to investigate.

After coiling up her lasso and hanging it from her belt, Helena finally entered the teleportation room where all the heroes stood, including the other stranger dressed as some sort of feline creature. Not the strangest thing she's seen. Approaching Superion, Helena kept her voice as quiet as possible, she did not want the others to know of her treachery; not because she was ashamed of it, but because she did not want the others to follow her path and start a fever of mutiny. "I cannot journey amongst you, Superion. You have done much for me and I am forever in your service, but something troubling has surfaced in Gothic City. You of all people know that I do not shy away from helping others, so believe me when I say something foul is taking place there. When you return, I will explain everything, but please heed my warning and trust me," She paused as she looked over to Blubber and the feline clad stranger, then back at Superion. "To fill in your ranks, I have allowed Grant to take my place and the feline warrior if he so wishes. I know you already have denied Grant, but believe me when I say he will be of good use to you and the team. We can debate my actions later, but you of all people know, now is not the time. " She doubled down before approaching Blubber.

"Do not fail me, Grant, I am entrusting you with the safety of my companions. Remember follow orders, watch your surroundings, and do not succumb to fear, all warriors feel it's wrath. And before you depart." She placed her hand on his shoulder. "Know,everyone will always underestimate you because of your condition. Use that to your advantage." Helena patted his shoulder before stepping back and turning away.

Guys this is definitely not one of my best post, my apologies, but I just haven't been feeling good for the last two days tbh. I did rush everything, but know it wasn't done on purpose. Anyway, you guys are now ready to teleport out of here.