This is no longer a viable location...

Avatar image for deactivated-634b038e2fe89
deactivated-634b038e2fe89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am now going on a recruiting drive for my team. Anyone who is interested PLEASE sign up. There WILL be a group PM and I WILL actively try and make this team work. I will also try and give everyone something to do either as a team or individually.

And PLEASE, if you want a spot occupied by one of my characters, just say so (that's why I put "Due to player interest") and I will place my character in the Reserve Membership status.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mister_Surreal
ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By shield-maiden
Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mister_Surreal
Noah_Wyatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I see on the roster is dead.. Dead. Dead.. Dead... Dead

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mister_Surreal
Noah_Wyatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: if my fear is based on your delivery of that threat then I'm going to be just fine

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_wyatt:

Dinning with death is something I am accustomed to
Dinning with death is something I am accustomed to

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A new player has entered the game. Powerful. Authoritative. Dangerous..
A new player has entered the game. Powerful. Authoritative. Dangerous..

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hawkshade

@shield-maiden: Not at the moment, no. Hawkshade is absorbed by the quest to save his best friend, Grimmwald, who has turned evil.

Noah_Wyatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_wyatt: Now ask yourself......

Is it something you are accustomed to?
Is it something you are accustomed to?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade:

Which threat would you rather have?

A threat that
A threat that "can" be a potential ally while looked upon with suspicion as he works to save the world OR...

A threat that will destroy the world simply because he can?
A threat that will destroy the world simply because he can?
Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade:

So, you wouldn't work with the JLA to save the world from an alien invasion if the threat required it's heroes to work together in order to win? What if the Shadows Knights were not enough? You then would die alone because no man is an island.
So, you wouldn't work with the JLA to save the world from an alien invasion if the threat required it's heroes to work together in order to win? What if the Shadows Knights were not enough? You then would die alone because no man is an island.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@hawkshade:

How about a man with the powers of a god?
How about a man with the powers of a god?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade:

Your funny. ~_^
Your funny. ~_^

Banter aside, it actually would be amusing to see Hawkshade stuck in position where he'd have to ally himself with a powerhouse.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superion_prime: Lol, thank you.

To be honest I avoid most interactions with powerhouses when I am on a street level character. Powerhouses make street levelers irrelevant and raise too many unspoken questions. (Why doesn't the Flash just ignore batman and clean up Gothic in .00001 seconds?) As a really smart guy once put it, street level dynamics break down in the presence of a powerhouse. So when you play a street leveler you have to be really, really careful when you cross over and interact with powerhouses.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@superion_prime: @hawkshade:

Honestly, my character is a mixture of both. Depending on who he is fighting, he is either a street leveler or a powerhouse. Also, Gotham has WAY too much criminal activity to stay clean longer then 30 minutes :]

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mister_Surreal
Noah_Wyatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shield-maiden: laughing at the foolish? Yes I've been doing it for centuries, but you are by far the prettiest fool I've had pleasure of laughing at

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: While I do agree that interactions with powerhouses and streets require a level of balance and that balance is delicate, I feel that I must point out some facts.

1. If a writer doesn't know how to write such an interaction, things are going to turn out badly.

2. If a writer DOES know how to write such interactions between powerhouses and streets, then the story is going to be awesome! The comic book runs of Superman/Batman prove that (for the most part), such interactions can be pretty cool if proper care is taken. The various Justice League titles prove this as well.

3. With the exception of a few, most on CV are not trained writers like a novelist or a reporter. We haven't studied how to write in college and get a degree so we can write a #1 best seller. A lot of us write as a hobby and the most experience most of us have will be writing essays in High School/College, but not much beyond that unless one of us makes an effort to turn into a novelist. So, writing then turns into a nice a pastime. So, then writing an interaction between a powerhouse and a street is a lot more risky because some of us don't know how to handle such interactions. No, I am not saying training as a writer is required to write a good interaction between a powerhouse and a street. I'm simply saying that because most of us don't have a writing degree or go to school to learn to write novels/comics, it's more risky writing such interactions.

Black_Bullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good thing about that type of mismatching is there really is a structure to it and if you can build that foundation the words you use are only half or less of the battle.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By shield-maiden
shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: I am now more excited for Hawkshade and Shieldmaiden interaction.

No Caption Provided

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blubber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The streets outside were a buzz with reporters, cameras snapping while others were simply taking notes. For today was a special day, today the winner of the ‘Captain Crunchy Kiddie Cereal’ contest was to receive his prize. The contest started last year, promoted by the cereal company and public relation officer with the JLA, where the kid who turned in the most box tops would not only win the prize of entering the halls of the JLA, but meet the members as well. Suddenly a loud ruckus began, as a slick black stretch limousine pulled up accompanied by the ‘Captain Crunchy Kiddie Cereal’ van, filled with runner up prizes. After coming to an an abrupt halt, the driver rushes around the vehicle, in order to reach the passenger door before being swarmed by the paparazzi. Then as the door opens wide, the whole crowd goes deathly silent waiting for their first glimpse of the winner. But instead of a fresh faced ten year old, with a smile that could sell a years worth of cereal, an overly plus sized adult with down syndrome waddles his enormous backside out of a tiny limo door. Immediately, a cruel laughter swept over the crowd, tossing around the same slurs Grant had lived with all his life, with words like Fat, Retarded and even Disgusting. But like the hero he was inside, Grant tossed aside the cruel words, held his head high and smiled for the camera. For today he was going to meet his idols! So with his hand up high and a boyish grin across his face he waves to the crowd shouting two words, “Yeah ME!

Within a matter of seconds, Grant was swarmed, by the reporters all asking the same question, “So how does it feel to be a winner?” But after a long, unintentional pause, he answer back with all his heart, “I uh, don’t know I haven’t won yet, I still need to go inside and meet the JLA, don’t I?” Once again the crowd laughs out loud, only this time with the ton of fun hero rather than at him. But as planned the CEO of ‘Captain Crunchy Kiddie Cereal’ takes his place next to Grant and proceeds to play him for all he’s worth. “Ladies and gentleman, I would like to introduce to you all the winner and champion of the ‘Captain Crunchy Kiddie Cereal’ contest, Mister Grant Frump!” He then holds for applause as he parades Grant around, making doubly sure his face was in all the pictures, despite the fact it was Grant they all came to see. Despite all the distraction going on around him, Grant never took his eyes off the headquarters, and as reporter after reporter asked him questions, his mind had already drifted away to dreams of him standing side by side, with the champions waiting inside. Eventually he was brought back to the world of selfless promotions as well as nosy paparazzis, as one reporter asked, “And how exactly did you win the contest, Mr Frump,” but before Grant could tell the proud story he had rehearsed over and over, a loud mouth passerby replied, ‘Duh! He ate every box of cereal in the whole damn planet that's how!” Again there were one or two chuckles, but by now Grant’s simplistic charm was winning over the crowd, and without skipping a beat, he offers back, “Well not all of them, there is still a box or two back at my place, if you want one?!?

Finally the time arrived for Grant to walk through the over sized main doors and bear witness to a sight few men on Earth had ever witnessed. As part of the legal security, the press was not aloud to follow, nor was any promoters and or sells men. This was Grants reward and his alone. Slowly the crowd made their way back out of the gates leaving Grant alone, with only a mint addition Superion Prime issue one comic in his hand, and a plus size bag of M&M’s in his makeshift back pocket. By now he would be sweating puddles if he sweated, instead he shook with nervousness. For as this was perhaps the greatest moment in his life, he wanted this to be perfect. With the crowd still waiting with anticipation for him to ring the bell, Grant tried calming himself down, so as they continued to silently gawk and stare, Grant began dusting off all the crumbs from his chest. Then after one deep long soothing breath, he raises his chubby finger to the bell, while practicing under his breath, “Hello my name is Grant, Grant Frump and I am your biggest fan, in respectand size too!” hoping that his little joke would get a laugh, but as the bell rang a “Ding Dong” his mind went totally blank, to the point he couldn’t even remember his own name!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blubber:

No Caption Provided

Superion likes these contests as they are good for public morale and gives the team the image of being touchable. Whoever the winner happened to be, Superion didn't care. He was determined to treat them with the utmost respect and make this an adventure of a life time.

When the paparazzi finally left Grant, that is when Superion makes his appearance behind the huge man with a heart of gold. It doesn't matter to the Man of Steel this poor man has downs syndrome. Superion does not see that, he sees a man who just wants to meet his heroes and be a hero himself. A heart of gold. A person with dreams and aspirations of his own.

So, when Grant says his line that it is nice to meet you, Superion appears behind the man. Silent, smiling and with his hands on his hips. With a pleasant voice, Superion greets him, "It's nice to meet you too, Mr. Frump. Is that Superion #1 in your hand? Hang onto that, it's a collector's item. Could be worth a fortune years from now. Congratulations on winning the Captain Crunchy Kiddie Cereal contest. You had some pretty stiff competition, but you came out ahead."

Superion keeps smiling, waiting to see if Grant replies back or if he even can. The Man of Tomorrow is patient as he waits for a reply.

Blubber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superion_prime:

Filled to the brim with nervousness, he failed to recognize the strong but pleasant voice of his idol behind him, and instead choose to respond with a casual, “yeah I take extra care of my comics, in fact I never once made no smudge on it, not even with chocolate.” Starting to calm down, he turns to face the stranger, but at the moment he locks eyes on the legend standing in his trade mark pose, with his hands on his hip and his cape waving in the breeze, the only thing Grant was capable of saying was, “itsssss youuuuu! Itssss reallllly youuuuuuu!” Overwhelmed in the moment, he stumbles back, then unfortunately falls flat on his butt. But instead of being embarrassed or somewhat ashamed, he goes into full fan mode naming all the heroic deeds by his idol.

With great joy he goes into detail of all the acts he can remember starting with the smaller ones, like saving the Presidents plane from being shot down, to the world saving event where he protected the planet from evil aliens. But through it all he remains humble on the ground looking up to a man, that to him was a God!

Inside his massive exterior, Grant was happier than he had ever been, his eyes were literally stretched open like a puppy dogs, and his lip quivered slightly in joy. There was so much he wanted to ask his hero, a life time of questions. But the biggest one he was afraid to ask, for how do you ask your idol to train you into becoming the next biggest hero, when everyone else in the world says that someone with Down Syndrome could never be! So for now he continues to look up from a seated position to afraid to say or do anything other than stare back at his hero! Then finally, just to break the silence he manages to utter the words, “I have never been happier than I am right now, and that includes the time I got to eat an entire four layer cake all by myself!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blubber:

Superion expected this kind of reaction, he gets it a lot. So does his sister, Paragon. But his sister is not here, nor is she a member of the Justice League Alliance even though she created the team. As Grant names off most of the heroic deeds he's done, he patiently waits until his fan finishes. This is his day, after all. A lot of heroes wouldn't even have time for this and too many of them find this part of the job a little annoying. But not Superion. If he can inspire the next generation to be great heroes, to be the best version of themselves and go on to teach other heroes who come after them then Superion has succeeded.

With a kind smile, he steps towards Grant and offers him a hand up, "A four layer cake? Impressive! Not even I can manage that." If Grant grabs his hand and allows Superion to help him up, the Man of Steel looks the young man in the eye. The man genuinely cares, this is not for show and the smile is not fake.

Superion turns his head as if hearing something, then glances over at Grant, "So, you ready to go to the Moon to see the Justice League Alliance Headquarters? You won the contest and that means, you can be like Neil Armstrong. Don't worry, you won't need a space suit. We'll beam up, like Captain Kirk on Star Trek. Isn't that the coolest thing?" He winks at his new friend, knowing he's going to be so excited for that.

Blubber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superion_prime:

With great joy he excepts his idols hand, but only after wiping away the chocolate stains from around his. Again he giggles out of joy just being in his presence. Hoping to impress him more, he continues to brag over his accomplishments, “The trick is to unhinge your jaw...” he pauses, “but most people can’t do that.” Upon completion he now stood toe to toe with the icon, looking at him with pure adoration. To him he was simply looking upon his idol with the greatest respect, but the fact was he was looking back like a puppy dog, just happy to be in his presence!

Suddenly he was jolted back to reality as Superion reminded why they were here and of all the wonders he was about to see. But the one detail that rang in his limited little mind the most, were the words, “We'll beam up, like Captain Kirk on Star Trek. Isn't that the coolest thing?" Immediately, Grant giggled in joy as his body jiggled from side to side, and with the greatest pride in his voice he answered back, “Just like Captain Kirk? Really? You mean I get to be beamed there...” he points up , “..up to the moon? WOW!!!

For the sheer fun of it he shouts, “Beam me up Scotty” as he takes his place next to his hero, eager to be the first man to visit the station without being a member. But as he stood there waiting, his mind drifted back to watching reruns of Star Trek and all the mishaps they had with the transporter. Slowly, almost timidly, he raises his hand to ask, “It is safe isn’t it? To be beamed up like Stretch Armstrong’s Brother?” Realizing how unheroic he sound, he re-shifts his girth to a more manly form and finishes, “....not that I’m afraid! I was just um worrying about you.” He then stands as heroic as he can at six hundred pounds, “...after all the world needs you alive!

Finally he prepares himself for the ride, standing as close as he can to his idol with out stepping on his red boots. Still unable to fully understand what is about to happen, he takes great joy in Superion and his words of comfort. But just before he was about to be beamed, he slowly, some what needly, reaches out, hoping that Superion would hold his hand during the trip!

No Caption Provided

shield-maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blubber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noah_Wyatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You all make me sick....blargh

Noah_Wyatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All it would take is a little crack and...poof you're all dead

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@noah_wyatt:

I could snap my fingers, and snuff out your life like a flame on a candle. (OOC: I'm just kidding. I'm not that op.)

Noah_Wyatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just narrowly missed him in the attack.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_wyatt:

No, I wish that you weren't causing trouble.

Blubber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're a bad bad man!

Noah_Wyatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: fill both your hands with wishes and sh#@ boy and let's see which one gets heavier?