The purpose of the Justice League Alliance (JLA) is to handle threats to the United States and Earth's security - both terrestrial and extraterrestrial - beyond the power of conventional enforcement groups. If requested to do so by concerned parties, the JLA will undertake certain missions that aid those of other planets. However, the JLA's major responsibility is the peace and welfare of the United States of America and Earth. The JLA will also participate in public service and charity functions when not involved in higher priority duties.
If the League ventures off planet it is most often due to the interference of other agencies (i.e. kidnapped by an alien tyrant, the Quantum Mechanics or even their descendants.) A side effect of the League's position is that it is the Solar System's first (and often last) line of defense against extraterrestrial and pan-dimensional threats. Unofficially the League also defends the Earth from time travel threats and is one of the few modern day organizations with the knowledge of the existence of Hypertime.
The JLA is a non-profit organization that is privately funded by Hawke Industries. Contributors to League funds can have no say over the usage of those funds. The League can use the funds for the maintenance of it's facilities, but cannot compensate members for their services.
The current League operates a membership ceiling of twelve active members as stipulated in it's private agreement with the UN. This was originally ten. The current active membership comprises:
- Superion (Leader & Founding Member)
- Green Sentinel(Subject to change due to player interest).Founding Member.
- Mr. Surreal
- Zephyr (Subject to change due to player interest). Founding Member.
- [POSITION OPEN]
- [POSITION OPEN]
Any active member may recommend a hero for active membership which will be subject to a two-thirds majority vote. The requirements for active membership include at least one year of active public service.
The League also operates a revolving chair for mission specialists. These are heroes (normally reserve members) whose special skills are needed for one off missions.
: Anyone who wants to be a member of my team, please say so here or PM me. I have no intention of filling out the last four positions with my own characters. To be honest, I'd be perfectly fine with it if one, or more, of my current characters were replaced by another player's character (with the exception of Superion. Sorry, he stays).
Reserve members are held to the same conditions and bylaws as the active members except they are not bound by the necessity to be on 24 hour call, nor are required to attend JLA meetings and they do not have voting rights. Reservists must have assisted the League on at least one mission. Reserve members are entitled to attend JLA meetings and are given signal devices. If a reservists misses three summons for help then they are removed from reserve membership.
Under the modern League reserve status is a little more fluid. Effectively any active mainstream hero who is not a member of another team could be considered a reservist. The full reserve of the JLA is rarely called into action. Normally the JLA relies on a hand full of more select reservists, such as:
- Brenna Luther
- Cassius Knightfall (Reformed into a hero)
- Green Sentinel 2.0 (Jessica Jordan)
- Paragon (Helped create the team but never became a full member)
- Thunderstorm (Founding Member)
- Warrior Angel (Founding Member).
- Wild Cat
- All active members will attend JLA organizational meetings held on the last Sunday of each month.
- No JLA member may be paid for his costumed services.
- Each active member must keep a record of his activities for the JLA archive.
- Each active member must account for any absences from League business and must notify the chairman of any extended period of absence (it is unlikely that anybody has even tried enforcing this against Apex ) so that he or she may notify alternatives if necessary.
- No active JLA member has to reveal his secret identity.
- JLA members will not reveal League secrets to non-members or spouses.
- All active members will be available for service 24 hours a day and will carry their JLA signal devices at all times.
Founding Membership and the Chairman
The five most senior members of the Justice League have a special status as Founding Members. They serve as the League's executive and are the League's liaison to the UN. They act as the League's disciplinary committee and have a single vote as a group when other votes are tied. The chairman of the League (presently Superion ) is elected by two-thirds majority vote and it is open to any member. If the chairman is not present the leadership of the League defaults to the next most senior member (normally one of the founding members). The founding members have the power to disband the League via a unanimous vote.
Honorary membership is given to any hero who assists the League, but declines active or reserve membership. Honorary members have no duties, but must go through an active member to contact the League and may attend social functions.
Each active member must take their turn monitoring the JLA Monitor Womb for a 24 hour period (with concessions for eating and sleeping). They are allowed to have one visitor with them. Founding members are not required to undertake monitor duty, but may choose to do so if they wish.
Punishment of Criminals
All Alleged criminals dealt with the JLA shall be brought to trial under which ever judicial body they are subject to, be it terrestrial, extraterrestrial, or extra-dimensional. Acts of interstellar agression and misconduct shall be punished in accordance with the mandates of the appropriate recognized interstellar law enforcement agency. The governing tribunal, not the JLA itself, shall determine the severity of a criminal's punishment. Imprisonment shall be handled by conventional institutions, except in cases where the criminal cannot be detained by existing facilities. In this case, the JLA is a liberty to devise their own form of detainment under the review of the United Nations or a recognized interstellar law enforcement agency.
Often the League will act to neutralize a threat (e.g. Imprisoning the General inside the Shadow Zone) rather than trying to bring said threat in for punishment. The last sentence above would provide for the UN to review these actions. In all cases the League always stands for the protection of a lifeforms "human" rights and will not take part in any capital punishment (Superion and Apex Predator would never allow it). One can assume that the JLA has seen enough undead/spirit threats to know that killing an enemy does not necessarily mean an end of their threat.
Leaves of Absence and Resignations
Leaves of absence can be granted to any reservist or active member who requests them. Any member can also resign at any time. Any member who resigns or takes a leave of absence and remains in good standing may later return to the League (members who have resigned have to go through the standard election procedure ). Members can be discharged from the League if they are no longer able to serve and automatically become honorary members.
Suspensions and Expulsions
Any member can be suspended by a majority vote of the founding members. Suspensions can be issued for dereliction of duty, conduct unbecoming a JLA member or willfully disobeying the chairman. Suspensions are normally for one year, but can be overturned for "good behaviour" by a two-thirds vote of the active membership. The case for suspension must be brought by an active member.
Active, reserve and honorary members can be expelled from the League with no possibility of reinstatement by a unanimous vote of the tribunal.
Justice League Alliance Moon Base
- "The Hall of Justice" - housed atop the Watchtowers' peak is the conference hall where the League meets and plots strategy, assigns duties and engages in open discussion. At its center is a round table, a nod to Camelot's Knights of the Round Table. There are 12 seats, 7 or 8 of which are reserved for the core members with their respective insignia. The JLA symbol itself is prominently placed in the center of the table.
- Promenade - a large area devoted for ceremonies as well as a place to assemble a large contingent of super-heroes in cases of extreme necessity.
- Monitor Womb - the heart of the Watchtower, stretching the entire center of the complex. It houses the Leagues' vast computer/communications/sensor network.All crisis points are detected through this circular chamber with multiple holographic displays. Although monitor duty is assigned in a revolving system, Blue Ghost often volunteers for this as her great telepathic powers are uniquely attuned to the Makarian technology. Apex Predator has also been seen using this room to plan and strategize in private on several occasions.
- Trophy Room - various memorabilia from the League's past cases as well as sculptures/tributes to fallen heroes.
- Armory/Hangar - adjacent to one another, this area houses a variety of specialized equipment the League or it's allies may need depending on the mission as well as space-worthy ships capable of intergalactic travel.
- Hydroponics - this area houses a variety of alien flora which has greatly efficient photosynthesis compared to terran plants, serving as the Watchtower's source of oxygen.
- Aquarium - serves as water based lifeforms's private quarters as well as housing marine life from other worlds.
- Private Quarters - each core member has a specific private quarters for extended stays. Individual quarters are personalized for the members' tastes and lifestyle (such as Warrior Angel's Greek-themed quarters or Blue Ghost's meditation chamber). Additional guest quarters are available as well.
- Other Areas: Power Core, recreation area, holographic training room, laboratories, medical lab, technology/engineering workshops, containment cells.
Getting to the Watchtower and around the various areas is facilitated by teleportation tubes placed for easy access in the event of an emergency.
1. No Major Destruction: Sorry, but I won't tolerate any major destruction of the JLA base. No destroying it either or teleporting it to a new location without my explicit permission. I'll allow small scale destruction only.
2. Heroes Only: If your character is a hero, you may come and go as you please provided your character has the means to travel to Earth's moon AND if you know where the base is, as well as know about the team in the first place. If your character is a villain, then your not allowed without permission from me first.
3. No Stealing: This includes grabbing anything of value, downloading information, etc.
4. JLA Base Defenses: The JLA HQ has state-of-the-art defense technology. Lasers, plasma, energy cages, force fields. Basically, anything you can imagine in the best sci-Fi movies of all time applies to the defenses of the JLA base. Sell the defenses, don't just roll right through them like they are nothing, okay? Thanks.
5. Please follow the normal forum rules as well the CVnU rules.
6. No Auto-hitting.
7. Want to be a member? Then PM my main ParagonxXx or ask here. I'll look over your character profile to see if he or she is a good fit.
8. OOC Chat: Please make an effort to place all OOC chat in Spoiler Blocks. I would appreciate this very much.
Like this. Thank you. ^_^