The Holy City of The God King (CVU Location/Character Home)

Methodius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Methodius

No Caption Provided

The Holy City of The God King

A place unlike any other, a bastion for society's outcasts, a place where they can find purpose in their lives, and all of it is his creation. The city of the God King serves as both a home for his most dedicated followers as well as a display of his divine abilities. Ripping the stone from the ground and forcing it to shape itself into a place worthy of those who committed their lives to him. A dark octarine barrier placed around the city that keeps it a lush and thriving environment while the outside world is covered in snow and holds frigid temperatures. Farms covered in green grass and tree's bloom within the walls where as outside everything is stone and snow. Animals roam the fields and pastures inside the walls while animals outside freeze to death.

The architecture is very much inspired by Chinese architecture with hints of Japanese and Egyptian. The buildings all stand 4-5 stories tall with many rooms that serve as areas for his worshipers to coexist with one another. Many of the lower levels were turned into shops for people to sell wares and breed a healthy economy.

Notable Locations

City Center

No Caption Provided

The most blooming display of their society the city center is always bustling with people purchasing and selling items. Some taking time to stop in at local restaurants and enjoy the diverse food selection. Others just relaxing beneath the always bloomed cherry blossoms in order to converse with their friends. No matter where you are all roads lead to the city center's large pond. Rivers snake out from the pond and carry water the four corners of the city. Near these rivers many farmers can be seen taking their livestock to drink the fresh water. Children splash about and play in the crystal clear blue giving off a feeling that this is a truly happy place.

Tower of the God King

No Caption Provided

The tower of the God King is a large stone construct that stands in the center of the city and reaches higher than any other building. Inside this tower is where the God King placed his main center of worship as well as a single set of stairs. This set of stairs leads all the way up to the top where one can find a bridge that connects the tower to the Temple of Naught. The entrance to this stairway is blocked by a barrier of dark octarine in order to prevent everyone from entering. Only when he desires are select citizens allowed to enter.

The Stone Army

No Caption Provided

Very much akin to the legendary Terracotta army is Methodius’s Stone Army. The collection of statues stand at a little over 5’5, each armored and armed with stone swords. The stone army is not a real army but rather a creation spawned of Methodius’s knowledge of not only the natural but the supernatural. These statutes serve to ward off wandering spirits who bear ill will towards those that reside in his city.

Society

The society of the worshipers of Methodius is one that revolves around the worship of the God King. They run on his laws which very much rival the laws of other gods however in the belief of Methodius sinners are all given passage into the afterlife as long as their sins are atoned for. Whether that be a minor punishment or a major one they all end with the soul being cleansed. The main laws of Methodius are as follows

1. One does not kill another unless the God King commands. Violation of this law shall result in a cleansing by divine fire.

2. One shall not worship any other God unless that god has sworn allegiance to the God King. Violation of this law shall result in a cleansing by divine fire.

3. The God King is to be treated as such. No demands are to be made of him, none of his orders are to be disobeyed, and no being should challenge his right to his throne. Violation of this law shall result in a cleansing by divine fire.

4. Violating the natural order is forbidden. This includes but is not limited to the use of necromancy, resurrection of any kind, use of medium esq abilities, etc. Violation of this law shall result in a cleansing by divine fire.

Many smaller laws exist within the society of Methodius but they hold less severe punishments.

Every day when the sun reaches its peak in the sky the followers of Methodius gather inside the temple or at the base of the nearest statue of the God King and begin their daily praise. This is done at this moment in order to spite the sun god Amun Ra and send him the message that he is no longer relevant to the modern world. It is Methodius’s way of telling him that he has been replaced by a being far superior to the outdated Gods of Old.

The Sword and Shield of Methodius

As the God King it is very rare that Methodius will waste his time dealing with lesser beings that threaten his realm. Instead he has two beings that have been dubbed the Sword and Shield of Methodius. The shield being Sir Barton who stands watch atop the tower of Methodius in order to defend the city and its people from those who wish to damage their way of life.

The sword of Methodius is the villain and mass murderer Velocity Rush. A speed vampire who desires only one thing, to kill. Velocity Rush is his personal dog in that wherever Methodius tells him to go he goes and whoever he tells him to kill he kills. Handing out divine punishment one slaughter at a time. While he is usually kept chained beneath the Temple of Naught when he is needed Methodius gives him commands and he follows them without question.

OOC

• All CVU rules apply
  • No major destruction
  • Minor destruction shall result in cleansing by divine fire
  • This is an open location so feel free to make a character that lives here or feel free to come here.
  • The Temple of Naught can be found HERE

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This place actually sounds quite nice if you can get past the false god you have to worship here... lol

Avatar image for demonboundsitri
demonboundSitri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cleansings by divine fire shall continue until morale improves.

I like it though, I like how you built up a realistic city where people can actually live their lives and not just cower in terror all the time. Only some of the time. When necessary. Hopefully pointing this out will not result in cleansing by divine fire.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

??

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excellent!

Methodius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Added the OOC and also thank you to everyone for the compliments.

Seth_McStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NYOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

The streak of lightning skid across the paved streets before coming to a stop at the steps of the Tower of the God King, eyes wide open as the McStorm stood ready for any opposition he might receive. Granted, he did not come fists a blazing, or anything of the sort, but as his eyes darted back and forth at hypersonic speeds, he grew wary of any dangers, as he certainly stood out in the crowd, a bright yellow costume among a field of commoners. They stared, and spoke in hushed tones, wondering who the mystery man was, but to Seth, it did not matter. They did not matter... at least, not at the moment. Reaching a hand up to his mask, he pressed onto his earpiece lightly, speaking quietly, in case the God King had eyes across the city.

"Where'mIgoing?" he mumbled, speed causing his words to mash together, as he walked forward. "Big tower, around the heart of the city?" He questioned, as he took the first step on the stairs leading up to the tower. Getting a quick, static-y confirmation, he nodded his head. Seth released his hand, letting it fall to his side, and walked up casually, completely at ease. The job was an easy one. Go in. Touch Methodius. And get out. Like playing tag with a nuclear bomb...

But Seth had never lost a game of tag, and thus, showed no fear in his step as he strode up through the doors of the Tower of the God King, and proceeded toward the stairwell, where intel had strictly said that nobody was allowed to enter unless strictly given word from their God. However, the agency Seth worked for believed that a force such as he could cause enough ruckus to demand audience, and hopefully for Seth, they would be right. After all, said agency had given the metahuman quite a particular type of parole, one which involved him hunting down potential metahuman threats and 'tagging' them for safekeeping.

Of course, this was seemingly one of his most difficult targets, and thus, Seth wondered if maybe now might be the best time to plot some form of escape...

But then again, if he did, the same thing would happen as last time - he'd get careless, and a pack of heroes would be on his ass before he could say 'Methodius'.

So now he stood, at the bottom of the stairwell, wall of dark octarine blocking his path. He frowned, and tried knocking, hand just tapping into the dark octarine a couple of times without making any real sound. "Hello, your Holiness? Er... my liege... whatever term you prefer... Can I have a word? Name's Seth, comin' with a message from the mortals of Earth." He looked around expectantly, before sighing as nothing happened. Leaning against a wall where he could keep an eye on the stairwell entrance, he started to tap his foot a few million times in waiting, continuing to glance around, anticipating something to happen...

And hopefully not getting a dark octarine-fueled ass whuppin'.

((Do whatever you will, but I thought it'd be a little bit of fun.))

Sir_Barton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seth_mcstorm:

No Caption Provided

Barton held his title to the highest Esteem and considered his position one of the most important aside from that of the God King himself. Tasked with defending and protecting the Holy City he was always vigilant. Standing atop the Tower of The God King and casting his gaze across the contrasting landscape in constant search of anything that seemed to pose a threat. He kept tabs on anyone who entered or exited the paradise as it was his duty. It was near impossible to walk through the gates without him knowing of your presence, even one as fast as Seth McStorm couldn't evade the watchful eyes of Methodius's Champion.

He didn't descend via the stairs, instead opting for a more dramatic entrance into the lowest level of the temple. Using a constructed block of Dark Octarine spawned from his black blade he gracefully flew into the halls of the God Kings temple. His armor clinked loudly as his feet hit the ground and the sound of a sheathing blade echoed through the tower halls. The boy before him was obviously a hero/villain of some sort based upon the skin tight spandex and insignia's emblazoned on his shoulders. Had such a being come here to commit themselves and receive enlightenment or was it for more unsavory reasons. Perhaps they just developed a splash of curiosity about how a place such as this could come to exist. No matter the reason, until otherwise determined, he was a potential threat to the safety of the people here.

Approaching from behind Sir Barton kept his hand placed firmly upon the handle of his blade. He spoke with a voice that was rigid and unwavering. Filled with a sternness comparable only to that of a high ranking military official. Still despite this his words were smooth and graceful much like an all too serious poet.

"All messages for the God King can be given through prayer at the foot of the statue." His free hand gestured towards the statue of Methodius that stood nearly 15 feet tall and resided in the back center of the temple. All seating was positioned as to face the sculpture of their god. "You are free to enjoy the city as long as you obey the laws of Methodius while you are here. Any questions you have may be directed to myself."

ReyLoen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Yells*Shit off Meth

Methodius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reyloen: *Laughs at the inferior being attempting to intimidate THE God King*

ReyLoen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@methodius: *As the Cyborg is drunk he replys*Hahahaha,SHIT god king my ass

Methodius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ReyLoen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*I touch the snow and ice around me walking to find this "Holy"City.the winter cold probably enough to kill someone,but not me I continue until I see a barrier blocking me from something,so I knock on it*Hello,anybody home

ReyLoen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ReyLoen

HELLO ,*I keep knocking seeing no one will open up,so I start punching it to see if the barrier will break*

Seth_McStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sir_barton:

Seth was not a fan of figures of authority. In fact, he wasn't even sure he'd be able to maintain his "your holiness" composure around the God King, if he were to speak with him. He was not a fan of grand entrances, either. And he certainly was not a fan of Ser Lance-loser waltzing up to him and telling him what to do, associate of Methodius or not. As the dark octarine shifted and formed into a portal from which Sir Barton stepped, Seth felt his muscles begin to tense, as the commands that went through his earpiece fell onto deaf ears. He pressed a button to silence the earpiece, which was neatly hidden under his mask, and nodded his head to the knightly looking man. "Well, aren't you a long ways away. Comic Con is in San Diego... Nice to see you have a costume ready though." He chuckled lightly before realizing that the God King's forces might not have been the type for jokes.

Smile fading away swiftly, he bowed his head. "Apologies, my wit gets the better of me. My name is Seth McStorm, and I would like to speak with Methodius. The God King.Please." As he said the final word, he put on a feigned smile, to emphasize the 'please' in the weak way that a child might do to a parent. As he said these things, he uncrossed his arms and stood, hands now by his hips, ready for whatever the knight may try.

Of course, Seth did not wish to fight. If he was there to fight, he'd currently have a fist halfway through the knight's face, but no, he was not here to fight. Seth came to the Holy City so that he may learn. And find the self proclaimed King. "I have an urgent message for him from the United States government, and I will not settle to give this message to any lackey. You know the United States, right? Powerful nation, millions of people, lots of potential followers of the God King..." He shrugged. "I thought you lot'd want to dip your hands into that sort of honeypot."

Please work.

Sir_Barton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seth_mcstorm:

"If it was urgent then the leader of your country would have come himself."

The words spoken by Barton held no fluctuation that one would normally have after someone so young said something so disrespectful. However, it was not his place to lash out against those who insulted him. The only purpose he held in life was defending the God King as well as the God King's worshipers. The more this boy spoke however, the more it seemed that he didn't understand how this society worked. To send a messenger to deliver an urgent message, that must be delivered face to face, was completely disrespectful when dealing with a being that was the king of the gods of this world.

"That is how our society works. As the Champion of the God King it is my duty, given to me by the fates, to protect and enforce his ideals."

Barton once again gestured towards the statue allowing the boy to know that he would stand firm with what he said.

"Prayer is the most direct line of communication a mortal without a title can get. You are more then welcome to kneel down at the altar."

The talk of followers did peak the interest of Barton however, even if he wanted to remove the barrier he couldn't. Only the God King himself could allow a mortal soul through the dark octarine wall that blocked access to the staircase.

Blitzkrieg_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The sound of Blitzkrieg's footsteps was cold and lonesome, hard rubber heels hitting the marble floor with an eerie echo. Of course, the former Nazi's face was concealed, a mask to imitate the flesh that he lacked. It was lifelike, of course, and to the untrained eye, it was a typical face- but Emil Tod could feel the horrific truth underneath, and did his best to ignore such a thing, instead focusing on what was ahead. The God King. Methodius. A slew of other titles to promote his divinity, none of which Emil particularly liked. Seth had discovered the place, or at least, where the temple was rumored to be, but a meeting was impossible, something most unfortunate. But, when the God King had sent out an open call for people to come to dinner, Tod realized that a bargain was on the horizon. Methodius needed support from the people of Earth.

And in exchange, Blitzkrieg would seek power. Whatever that may be. If Methodius was truly some god, then of course, what would be better than a divine favor to a loyal subject?

Emil smiled to himself, thin lips breaking to show almost perfectly white teeth. Borderline lifeless eyes glancing across the Tower of the God King, he waved a lone hand behind him, willing his guards to stay by the door. He did not need them. Not yet.

"I have arranged to meet with the God King. My name is Emil Tod. May I have an audience with him?" He tilted his head, calling out to nobody in particular, German accent rich throughout his dialect. He had arranged for this meeting, and had sent letter to the God King - explaining how, albeit he couldn't make the dinner, he was eager to meet with Methodius. Of course, such a dinner would've been catastrophic for his reputation, especially if any of the more observant ones had noticed his true identity. Smile turning into a grimace, he adjusted the collar to his coat slightly, secretly using the opportunity to adjust his mask. "Or is he not one to meet a guest?" A bit of provocation. Confident in his ability to out-wit the King, he made these slight japes, if only to better his comfort with the scenario.

Methodius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blitzkrieg_:

Without hesitation the purple barrier blocking the staircase flickered as a signal that this man could walk through. The stairs would lead to a bridge which would lead across the mountains toward the Temple of Naught. The stone structure was one surrounded by harsh cold, howling winds, and large snowfalls yet they seemed to just start exactly where the boundaries of his city ended. Inside one would find the God King sitting atop his throne however, he looked...different then before. He sounded different then before as well with a voice that could make the bravest man feel a hint of fear. It was powerful and stern yet calm as if he knew he could destroy you with just a thought so it didn't matter what he said.

No Caption Provided

His body sat wide in order to take up as much space as he could, a technique used to show ones confidence in a situation. When the man walked into the throne room Methodius would simply grin as a sign that he was welcome here. "I welcome your enthusiasm about meeting with me Mr.Tod. What did you wish to discuss at dinner that you did not have the chance to bring up due to your absence?"

Blitzkrieg_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@methodius:

Emil continued along the marble pathway and up the stone stairs, hands crossed behind his back to almost show off his pristine Wermacht uniform. He continued to look around, taking in the surroundings, albeit he did not truly care for them. All much too extravagant. Looking ahead once more, he entered the Temple of Naught, untouched by the cold due to his specific physiology. Blinking slowly, he took in the actual sight of the God King, unaware of his former form except for the statues that had adorned the Holy City. "God King." He nodded his head. Bowing or kneeling to him was too diminishing. Tod now gestured to the stone halls around him, speaking to the King with less formality now. "An admirable abode," he mused, stepping forth and crossing his arms behind him once more. "Though a bit big, is it not? Lots of space, for only one m- being." Deciding that the term 'man' might not be the best one to use to describe Methodius, he stopped and corrected himself. Cold eyes now turning to Methodius, he smiled once more.

"I tried to meet with you prior, but alas, you've been very hard to contact prior to your dinner. I'm afraid I was unable to attend. Most world leaders are not exactly... fond of me." Or aware of me, he thought, but always better to be safe than sorry. "I come with a simple proposition. I help you in your ventures. And you... well, don't forget that I helped you, and scratch my back in return. Simple, yes?"

Methodius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blitzkrieg_:

It was an interesting proposal from a man who seemed to exude confidence with just his stance. As soon as he walked through the door it was as if their aura's began to clash. The God King sat upon a throne that gave him a title and this man had a motivation that gave him a title. However, Methodius was not looking to turn this into a contest of who is more confident then who. Instead he wanted to further explore this proposition, he desired something and if this man could help him get it then a deal could be forged.

"Its an interesting idea however I would need a display of what you can do. I have a task that would require you to track down someone very powerful, do you think you can track a god?"

Blitzkrieg_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@methodius:

"Slow down, God King." Blitzkrieg raised a lone hand, to halt the oncoming request. "These things take time. Something that both of us have a seemingly large supply of." He lowered the gloved hand now, putting it behind his back once more. The good thing about what Methodius just said was that it proved that the 'King' needed help with something. Something that, even after the dinner, he couldn't get assistance with, nor with the speedster that Methodius already had under his wing. Like shaping a ball of clay, Emil would manipulate the so called god. "I have no guarantee of your help in exchange for my own. Now, you need me to track something. God or no, I can do it, perhaps within the very day if you can provide your end of the deal."

He sighed, satisfied, and suddenly felt the air of the temple change, not to one of hostility and mystery, but one of familiarity, for Emil was in a familiar place...

His enemy's mind.

"What will you do for me, in exchange for this God? Gods are in high demand, so make a good offer." He smirked, fake flesh smirking with him. Methodius could kill him and his entire legacy within the hour. But he would not do so.

And that gave the General power.

Methodius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blitzkrieg_:

A power play pushed forward by the strange General who had laid a trap Methodius had walked right into the jaws of. He played his hand too early expecting this to be a simple snatch and grab however, now he gave the general a bargaining chip. It was clear that this man had the capacity to do what Methodius needed him to do and they both knew that. However, it was because they both knew that that his move was so effective. Like waving a carrot in the face of a starving man he knew Methodius would try and get his hands on it no matter the cost.

"A favor from a God. I will grant you a single request and that request shall be obeyed by myself. The allegiance of a God in exchange for a God, it seems like a worthy deal to me."

Blitzkrieg_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@methodius:

"One favor."

Emil narrowed his eyes, feeling the words roll of his tongue, testing the words out slowly, surely, taking in exactly what that could mean. He nodded. "A favor. And I shall bring him to you within the week." He extended a gloved hand, and locked eyes with the God. This was not how to treat a God.

But Blitzkrieg did not see him as a god.

He saw him as a tool.

Methodius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blitzkrieg_:

Methodius extended his own massive hand and took Emil's into his grasp. A single shake was all he would grant him as Methodius also considered him nothing but a tool. A person who could do the heavy lifting in bringing about the next step in his plan.

"I'll hold you to your word then. Bring me Zeus alive and I shall follow up my end of the deal."