Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheHideout

The Hideout (Whiskey Bar)

No Caption Provided

If you’re the type of guy who wants to go out for some good music, hard drinks and friendly company, but doesn’t want to go to a Night Club and be served some fruity drink, then welcome to ‘The Hideout’. Where just aside of the road bar, with a rough but warm feeling. For a change, you can always find us just down the road and we’re always open. We’re here for the regular Joe, who just wants a good shot of whiskey, or whatever. We are not a bikers bar nor a place for the upper-crust, or white collar worker, but if they can hold their liquor, be respectful and can hang with the best, come on in. The bar is always stocked with well name liquor and the glasses are always clean. The lighting is dim with an over abundance of neon light glaring from all around. The mood is usually relaxed, unless you happen to be there when a band is playing, and then things might get wild. There is no admittance fee, and you are expected to behave.

No Caption Provided

The Bar is a small confined area, with one service bar, four eating tables, two pool tables, two bathrooms (his and hers) and a stage for inspiring musicians. The bar top is mostly clean with one or two dirty ash trays laying on top. There are two speed wells, with most top named beer on tap and against the far wall, an abundance of the harder liquors. There are ten bar stools stretched out in front, capable of turning, and are accommodated with back support. By the pool tables is of course, two dart boards with metal, not plastic, tip darts for your amusement. The pool sticks are in surprisingly good condition as well as the felt on the tables. The best part of the tables is they are positioned so that there is no shortage of elbow room, allowing the better players more room for trick shots.

No Caption Provided

Behind the bar is ‘Mike’. He is an ex navy seal, who used his life savings to open his own bar. He is not known for making mixed drinks or cocktails at his establishment, so don’t come in looking for something exotic. He keeps a clean bar, and will have anyone thrown out that is excessively drunk, rude or throws up on his floor. Other than that he is a fun, push your limits kind of guy, who doesn’t go looking for a fight. He just wants his patrons to enjoy themselves.

No Caption Provided

The maid is ‘Maggie’, Mike’s wife of eight years, and like him is an ex navy seal. She too has a friendly nature even to the point she doesn’t mind flirting with the men. Harmless playful flirting. She does however, have a better understanding of mixed drinks, but still limited in the whole scale of things. She dresses respectfully but still shows a bit of leg. She works harder than anyone else at the bar and is deserving of a very good tip.

No Caption Provided

The stage is a small wooden square area, set off in a corner. Despite the fact that the bands that play there are usually new up and coming, the sound is always ‘Rock and Roll’, no exceptions. Occasionally the Hideout will have a B-list celebrity, and on those occasion Mike will charge a two dollar entrance fee. But that is rare. As for the bands that do play there, they do not start playing until after 7pm.

There is no security at the Hideout, it’s just a small bar with a rough but warm feeling, but Mike and Maggie are willing to protect it no matter what. If a trouble maker continues to act out they will call the police, as well as use their training to physically take down the individual. But that rarely needs to happen. So come on down and sit a while. For the bars greatest attribute is the silent understanding that anything spoken here will be kept quiet, unless it is considered criminal activity by Mike and Maggie.

No Caption Provided

Rules:

Standard rules apply

No destruction please, unless you can afford to pay the damages

Although Mike and Maggie are NPC, Sell them appropriate when used.

Have Fun!!

Avatar image for just_an_average_man
Just_an_average_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the vibe of this place.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Might send the Imp over....

Encriptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@thehideout: Mr. Bones walks in taking a seat at the bar, "A bottle of tequila, no salt, no lemon, and a shot glass" he says Mike staring timidly grabs the bottle noticing the gun on the counter and puts two coasters out for the bottle and the glass. `That`ll be $20 bucks mister, (his voice shaky at the sight of the gun still on the counter) says Mike. ``Oh my bad, grabbing the gun putting it in his holster. ``Yeah, $20 you say.. decent pricing. he says dropping the money on the counter. Slamming down 5 shots back to back. The thoughts of exercising the souls of the innocent from demons contorting their bodies fresh on his mind, the shots like bullets firing away at the memories inside. Finishing the bottle many shots later, he ask Mike ``Cab me a phone, will ya,hic up rest needs to I `` says Bones. Mike understands and calls the taxi.

Avatar image for circumstance_imp
Circumstance_Imp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@thehideout:

"La laa, la la la laaa, laa...."

The soft, chirp-like humming coming from outside the bar quickly made its source apparent when a cloud of eldritch bubbles drifted through the door, materializing on the other side into the the Crowned Imp, the Midnight Fairy -- Leena.

"El un sheph an?" the fiery-haired creature inquired, her tiny, buoyant body slithering a few feet above the bar-room floor until the mysterious creature finally perched atop one of the stools. She blinked her one wide, scarlet eye at the lack of immediate response, then remembered that she'd been forgetting her manners. "Forgiveness, your language is... slow. Do you have Sake?" Her already overly-wide mouth widened into a broad, hopeful smile, one tiny fang hanging over her bottom lip cutely. The hippy little scamp sat up straight, seemingly expectant, neither acknowledging the other patrons around her nor acting as if there was anything inherently amiss about her appearance. It wasn't as if Earth was particularly devoid of two-foot, gray-skinned, floating, helmeted imps, after all.

Examining the barkeep's physique, she could tell he was a bit different from most of Earth's other humans. Hardened, perhaps a soldier. Leena's mental image of a soldier, of course, was different than the kind of soldier Mike actually happened to be, and within moments the Imp's mind wandered to images of a vast, moonlit battlefield, the barkeep clad in armor and wielding a giant sword. The thought made her giggle, though the fact that she was able to imagine it at all built the Swamp Fairy's respect for the hardened man on the other side of the bar.

Avatar image for matthew_cassidy
Matthew_Cassidy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comin' through.

Gripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@circumstance_imp: @encriptor: Thank you both for your enthusiasm over the location.

However I am a bit overwhelmed right now, so I will join you both tomorrow as Gripper

Gripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@circumstance_imp: @encriptor:

From a far stool at the end of the bar, Jack relaxed with a hard shot of whiskey. He was dressed in common clothing with a full length trench coat and a thick pair of sunglasses to hide his face. He had been sitting on the same bar stool for over an hour, with no apparent signs of inebriation. He sat quietly and alone, knocking back shot after shot, blending in with his surroundings.

Soon a rugged form of a man walked through the doors, sat at the bar and ordered a bottle of tequila, no salt, no lemon, and a shot glass. It was an all common experience, one done by over ninety-nine percent of the patrons, but in this case the man walked in with a gun. The stranger showed no signs of danger to the establishment, but it did cause an awkward moment for Mike when he filled the order. Realizing his mistake, the stranger half heartedly apologized and put the gun away, easing the tension in the room, but as he sat and drank, the owners made sure to watch his every move until he left.

After a few minutes of things going back to normal, the stranger spoke up again this time asking the bar tender “Cab me a phone, will ya, (hic up) rest needs to I.” While funny listening to a drunk man trying to make complete sentences, the owners were happy to see him go and quickly responded. Normally Jack would have shown no signs of concern but in this case he needed to have a few words with the drunken individual before he left. With a quick shift to a closer seat, Jack placed himself right next to the stranger and in a calm concerned voice said, “Hey there feller, not trying to cause trouble, but I couldn’t help but notice you had a gun. To begin with you were lucky you weren’t shot coming through the doors, but that’s not the issue. If you’re planning on getting into a cab, you better hide that gun some place that the sun don’t shine. If you’ve got a problem with that, you could give it to Mike and I’m sure he’ll dispose of it safely.

Suddenly the front door opened wide as a cloud of eldritch bubbles drifted in like the wind, immediately gaining the attention of every able being in the bar. Then just as the bubbles flew in they moved to the center of the room and reshaped themselves into the form of a two-foot, gray-skinned, floating, helmeted imp, slithering a few feet above the bar-room floor. The Imp appeared to be friendly and even remarked “Forgiveness, your language is… slow. Do you have Sake?” in an attempt to make peace, but unfortunately due to the Imp’s unique appearance and surprising entrance, her welcome was not what she expected.

Upon seeing the Imp, Jack took a double take, wondering if the alcohol he was drinking had kicked in and even asked the stranger next to him “Do you see what I’m seeing?” But before the inebriated man could respond, Jack took it upon himself to find answers. With his hands out to his sides, the universal non threatening sign, he got up from his stool and casually approached the tiny creature. At the same time Mike and Maggie froze in their position, not from fear or lack of training, but mainly from being in a true WTF moment.

As Jack grew nearer, it was obvious that the Imp was curiously looking over Mike, studying his form as if learning from his mannerisms. By now Mike and Maggie regained their composure and began looking to each other for reassurances, while wondering if they should arm themselves, but as Jack was the one approaching the Imp, the bar owners decided to follow his lead. In a tone a man would use when talking to a foreigner, not knowing the language, Jack says “Hello there, (he pauses), My name is Jack, can you say Jack?” Realizing he was bombing in a first contact scenario, he continued a little less theatrical and flat out asked “Just who and what the hell are you??

Circumstance_Imp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gripper:

The imp giggled, covering her mouth with both undersized hands to stifle it as the man approached her. "Jack," she finally said with a hint of a playful tone, before her one visible eye suddenly widened at the more direct line of questioning.

"Su-ka zaph jan sh... I am, Lee-na." She paused, glancing back to the barkeeper with a saddened expression as the man failed to deliver her any sort of refreshment whatsoever. Turning back to 'Jack,' the scamp's expression grew slightly more serious, though it was clear that her intentions were to relax and mingle, not to attack or even to meddle. "I am the Midnight Fairy."

Gripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@circumstance_imp:

The Imps comedic activities quickly set the bar’s patrons at ease. The once mysterious and awkward presence now gave way to a more jovial connotation. Jack himself had a quick chuckle after the tiny creature spoke his name. Still the crowd gawked over the imp’s look, as quiet whispers spread from person to person.

Finally the Imp spoke up, declaring “Su-ka zaph jan sh… I am, Lee-na.” at which point the entire crowd repeated her name in unison. Jack even greeted the Imp accordingly as he quoted her and said “Ly-na it is, well its certainly an honor to meet you there, Ly-na.” Then as soon as they were all formally introduced, the little scamp politely informed to all “I am the Midnight Fairy.” just to relax the crowd still lingering fears.

Not sure what to say next, the crowd spoke among themselves in question as they went over their limited knowledge of folklore, trying desperately to remember what a ‘midnight fairy’ was exactly. But at the moment Jack was more interested in making friends, rather than relearning lost legends, and decided to buy the little Imp a drink.

Looking at the creature, in a way an owner would look at a deeply loved pet, Jack saw a playful way to get to know the fairy and have some fun. In a still caring way, Jack felt a good natured hazing was in order as he said to all , “Well Ly-na, I don’t think we have any ‘ Sake’ here, but I believe we may have something else you might enjoy.” With a quick nod to Mike, Jack declares “Mike my good man I would like to buy my little friend here a shot of something strong, perhaps some tequila.” He then slams a fifty in front of Mike and finishes “In fact shots of tequila all around, on me!

But while the shots were being poured and the crowd held their glasses up high, silent winks went around, as they all were looking forward to seeing the Imp gag or recoil from the powerful concoction. Again no harm was meant to the creature, it was just the good natured ribbing the crowd would give to any uninformed newcomer.

Circumstance_Imp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@gripper:

Leena's wide mouth widened further in a gracious expression, taking the shot glass with her tiny hands. In comparison to the imp's laughably small figure and proportionately small hands, the shot glass may have been a flagon. Leaning in to carefully sip at the edge of the glass, the Firefly Fairy let out a pleased gasp, turning the glass over to empty its contents into her wide, fanged mouth.

"Ni zu saph!" the imp proclaimed, before catching herself as she set the glass down. "I like it." Extending her tongue, the imp licked around the insides of the glass greedily before setting it back onto the bartop with a satisfied chirp. She paid little mind to members of the crowd that weren't directly interacting with her, but more and more her single visible eye was lingering on Jack... and not just lingering, but closely examining. She'd known a few who were willing to interact with her so readily, and none of them had been human, even if they had initially appeared so.

Pushing the empty shot glass towards Mike, more of the little metallic chimes that made up the creature's language escaped her lips. "Zim chu-chu... more!" Her hair seemed to extend, forming a crude construct -- that of a hand -- and placing itself on the stooltop to propel Leena upward, compensating for her height and making her easier to spot -- as if that were necessary.

"More, sh-chu?"

Gripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@circumstance_imp:

The crowd cheered wildly as little Lee-na tossed back the shot, then cheered even louder as she asked for another. For now, she was a welcomed member of the establishment. Mike himself even made the comment to Jack, “Looks like we finally got someone that can out drink you there Jack,” followed by proudly serving the Imp another shot. This time on the house.

As they drank heartedly, welcoming one another into their so called family, the question over just what is a 'Midnight Fairy' still wondered through their thoughts. So once again Jack took it upon himself to ask. After finishing off his next shot, Jack wiped his lips on his sleeve and began looking for the right way to ask the creature, about herself. Not being one known to be tactful, Jack just laid it all on the line, “So Ly-Na, not to be rude or anything, but just what is a 'Midnight Fairy'? I mean you don't look anything like Tinker-bell, and just what on God's green Earth are you doing here at the Hideout?

Circumstance_Imp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gripper:

"Tin-ker-bell?" the imp asked curiously, not knowing the implication, before merely shrugging. "Shan-an chu... I created and ruled over the Midnight Realm, home of the dusk fey. Finally I tore the Veil, came to Earth, and have roamed since, nee-sh sh in. The Hide-Out, is one of my many visits." She decided to leave out the 'omnipotence' bit of her story, as it was currently neither valid nor even entirely accurate. The Harness Crown had done an excellent job limiting her previously-limitless ability to reshape the world.

Gripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@circumstance_imp:

Ignoring the Tinkerbell comment for fear it would take to long to explain, Jack continued to get to know the little Imp better. But after hearing the words “I created and ruled over the Midnight Realm,” Jack had a good laugh. For desperately wanting to keep the mood relaxed and the party going, Jack simply replied back “Ladies and Gentlemen, it appears we have royalty among us.” He then cheerfully raised his shot glass up high signaling for another drink and shouts “To Royalty!

Getting back to the conversations, Jack was still intrigued over why she specifically choose an off the road Whiskey Bar to visit. The only reason Jack goes there himself is that it is the one place he can go to get away from his troubles. With that in mind he had to ask “Say Ly-Na, you’re not in any trouble are you? Cause I can understand how bad things can happen to good people.” It was at that point while he felt concern over her that he began to see her as human and not some type of pet.

Avatar image for rexford_the_smited
Rexford_The_Smited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rexford in a flash of green light appears in the alley outside the bar causing the local homeless to scurry away in fear at the site of the wraith. Passing civilians on the street many gazes met the metallic armor for which Rexfords soul calls home, quickly shoving into the bar Rexford made his way towards the back not making any attempt to socialize with the mortals around him he took a quick post at a stool near the end of the bar, scanning the room for whom he was brought to this place for.

Avatar image for rexford_the_smited
Rexford_The_Smited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About an hour goes by and he finally spots him the man he was summoned to enact vengeance upon stroll into the front of the bar, but just as he began to stride into a position to make his move a mans voice pinged out "Hey buddy you have been here a while" it was the bartender and he was eyeing him questioningly, Rexford payed no attention he knew what he was here for and it was definitely not a drink. As quickly as he had came he was gone in a green of flash light and so was the man he had came to claim the only thing left was his distant scream.

(just starting this guy so was just looking for a place to do some free writing)

Mockingjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gripper:

I'm not too certain about the quality, but it's something to get us kicked off.

I'm a wreck. I rarely eat, almost never sleep but I could go for a drink or two. Maybe three to take my mind off things. Ever since I lost three years of my life, most of my family things just been hard for me. There were times when I wanted to end it all and blast myself, but something told me not to. I don't know if it was God [if such a concept exists] or it was my will to live, however, I just want to say I'm happy I didn't because the law failed. Failed me, my people. Hell, they've been failing this world by keeping people down with their bullshit, inconsistent laws. I want to be a martyr, a voice for the people, a living legacy for my family. But enough about that for a sec. For now, I'm just going to have some drinks.

No Caption Provided

I walked in the bar wearing nothing but white, like the stars in the sky and people might wonder why I'm dressed like this. Like I'm playing dress-up. If asked, however, I'll say I'm into cosplay. I found the nearest seat and sat there, letting the bartender know I was ready to order. This one would like some whiskey. Nothing fancy, just whiskey." The bartender nodded in approval, looking at the costume wondering why he's dressed like that, but she kept it to herself, though she did slightly giggle to herself while making the beverage, sliding it down shouting "Your beverage is ready! Enjoy!" She said it with such delight and joy that it could warm the coldest hearts. I didn't respond right away but instead gave out a tip, casually letting the money leave my hands. "Thank me later."

Gripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mockingjay:

No Caption Provided

For Jack, It had been a long long day. He started with busting a car stealing cartel, followed by test after test from his smarter half, only to end up putting out a fire in one of the lower class sections of the city. But through it all he kept his head up, despite his overwhelming feeling to bang it against a wall. But all that was behind him now, it was what he liked to call, ‘Personal Time!’ With his collar hiked up high, he walked through the doors of his favorite watering hole ‘The Hideout!’ He may not have been a good husband, hero or janitor, but he was a good drinker and like all things it took practice. Upon entering, he tossed the bartender a nod, as the bartender did in return as they were close friends and even went as far as saying, “Afternoon” to each other. But in the end, even as he appeared the loner type, he indeed appreciated his few minutes of gabbing with the man, as he made his way to his favorite seat. Nestled in the corner, it was the perfect place, as it gave him a clear view of the establishment and stage while keeping him in a dimmer lit section of the bar.

To his dismay, as he made his way forward he couldn’t help but notice a stranger sitting next to his favorite seat, dressed in all white. Clearly the man did not look like the local type of man to enter the establishment, but whoever he was he knew his drink. Reluctantly Jack sat next to him, with his head kept down and avoiding all eye contact. With a whisper he ordered a full bottle of Jack Daniel's Whiskey and with just the hint of a smile….a clean glass. For the next ten seconds it took to bring him his drink, he remained motionless, with his head down and arms resting on the bar top. As for the rest of the place it was quiet, with no less than five other people in the room, not counting himself, the stranger in white and the married couple that owned the bar. Finally Mike placed his order before him and as always he joked, “Drink it slowly there pal!” as Jack went ahead and took his first shot. But as much as he tried to ignore the oddly dressed stranger next to him, his curiosity would not let him and in the end he was forced to ask, “So are you a priest or something?” but in a polite tone, non judging way!

Mockingjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gripper:

The White Lunar didn't pay any attention to the person that just entered the bar. In fact, he was going to pretend he didn't exist. Well, that was until he flocked to a seat that was close to him, but that's not even the worst part. He avoided eye contact at first as if he'd seen a ghost or maybe he's nervous about something, or perhaps he's planning to make a move. Regardless Cajun was ready for whatever. You could say it's his survival instinct kicking in considering what he's been through, the things he's seen. But instead of jumping to conclusions, he played it cool and before he knew it, the man spoke, asking a question referring to his attire. Cajun took a sip from the glass and lowered it, swirling the fluids around in a back and forth motion using his wrist. "This one is indeed a priest," he said in a somewhat mocking tone. "A priest that'll cleanse the sins of the unholy." Bell put the glass down and shifted his attention to this enigmatic, curious figure not too far from him, returning the favor with a question "Annnnnd you are?"

Gripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mockingjay:

Jack knew it was a dumb question even before he asked, but he just couldn’t help himself. “So are you a priest or something?” Never had seven little words opened up such a calamity. But in this mixed up crazy world, the stranger threw him one better. "This one is indeed a priest..” he said while twirling his drink, "A priest that'll cleanse the sins of the unholy." Immediately, Jack thought to himself, “okay this guy has had enough to drink, somebody get him a cab.” yet something inside him held him back. Clearly the stranger was not drunk, yet, and his posture was one of a man strong and confident, and his voice was not tempered or sporadic. All in all the stranger had the same demeanor as himself. And in a world of men flying and shooting lasers from their eyes, who was to say the stranger was not a night time vigilante like himself. But before he could utter an apology, the stranger responded, ending his statement with another question, "Annnnnd you are?"

Immediately, Jack cleared his throat, thinking to himself just how to answer the question. On one hand he had the chance to rap with another vigilante and learn how to improve his game, and on the other hand, the guy could be bat-crap crazy. Either way he choose to remain distant for the time being and answer back in short concise sentences. “The names Jack!” he said while offering his hand for a shake, “and your suit, well that will take some time to get use to.” With that said he was comfortable, if the man did or did not accept his handshake and finished with a “So what brings you here, to the Hideout?

Sorry I had to make you wait so long for so little. Also I did not write Jack as I should, because normally he would have gone with you're crazy. But as you wanted a conversation I wrote him a little flexible.

Mockingjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gripper: Well, you could've written that anyway way you wanted. You didn't have to adjust.

He didn't bother to accept his handshake but instead kept his eyes on the glass of whiskey. "Oh were you expecting me to shake your hand, Jack? No telling where those nasties been at."he let out a slight chuckle after, dowing the glass of liquor. "And to answer your question I'm just here having a drink. Ya know, to clear my mind. It's kinda a normal thing to do. Plus it's not too crowded, which helps one enjoy their drink more, feel me?"So far this Jack character seemed like good company and could be friendly or a shady bastard in disguise. But there was no way of knowing either-or. Not yet at least.

Bell finally turned to face Jack, repeating the same question he was asked. "Soooooo Jack why are you here?"he asked for the sake of it and for trying to figure him out because let's be honest no one is in a rush to start a convo with a dude wearing an all-white moon inspired costume unless they're legit foolish, have a secret or trying to figure him out. But whatever Jack's intentions were, Cajun was willing to find out one way or the other.

Gripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mockingjay:

At the moment the stranger snubbed his handshake, Jack immediately sized him up. From the strange attire to the strong distancing, he was clearly a ‘One of them’ type of guy. Not to mention his odd choice of phrase when asked if he was a priest. Yet something in him sounded right, as he answered why he was here. “I'm just here having a drink. Ya know, to clear my mind. It's kinda a normal thing to do. Plus it's not too crowded, which helps one enjoy their drink more, feel me?" Still sizing him up, Jack leaned back in his seat, sipping away at his Jack Daniel's when the stranger asked him the same question, to which he too had the same answer. “Mostly for the peace and quiet” he chuckles in a manly way, “and of course a top notch drink.” With that said he tossed the owner another nod of approval as he refills his shot glass for another swig.

No Caption Provided

But despite the fact the stranger lowered his guard and even let out a slight chuckle after saying, “No telling where those nasties been at." Jack still decided to have some fun with him, at his expense. Like all good nature ribbing, there was no ill will meant against the stranger, and instead considered a right of passage. Therefore as Jack raised his glass up for another shot, he choose to delve into the strangers first comment, that he was A priest that'll cleanse the sins of the unholy. With a solid straight a$$ poker face, Jack had to ask him, “So do you fight like ghosts and demons?” followed by his next sillier question, “and do you see any of them here?” By now a few of the patrons were snickering, as Jack simply took another sip, awaiting an answer, and although his manner was indeed serious, there was clearly a mocking tone behind it!

Mockingjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mockingjay

@gripper:

What Jack said just hit him like a train, froze him because he did see demons and ghosts figuratively. Under that mask was a broken man that's been through hell and in a lot of ways still living through it. The tough-guy act with a sprinkle of sarcasm was his way of not letting people know that he's vulnerable. Or at the very least, he just hasn't met the right person to have a one-on-one with, so he keeps these thoughts bottled deep inside. But with that being said, he feels the higher-ups in the world failed and that's why he's set out to be a martyr, to shake things up because when it's all said and done, the only thing you have in the end is your name whether it's glorified for good, bad things or both, and in his case, it's for freedom. Freedom for the people, for everyone.

No Caption Provided

Bell returned back to reality after giving the question some thought. He unfroze and shrugged before letting out some words "Yes, I fight them all. Ghosts, ghouls, demons, zombies, vampires, werewolves, whatever else. This one is a slayer if that's what you're wondering." It was loosely true, but he had no doubt that it would get Jack's attention. He followed up answering the second question, sounding even more serious. "And no this place is pure. The gods made sure of it." Cajun looked at the bartender and signaled for more drinks and this time multiple at a time. But not just for himself however for Jack too. Bell took a sip from one of the glasses and simply said "Aah. You see this right here, this is the good stuff. Now Jack tell me more about yourself. After all, this one did go in detail about who he was, so it's only fitting if you do the same, don't cha think?" He was serious yet tamed and expected some sort of response.

Gripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mockingjay:

When Jack asked, “and do you see any of them here?” it was meant as a joke. There was no ill will, no malice, just some good old fashion ribbing for a lark. But surprisingly it had the opposite effect on the stranger. For a few seconds he seemed lost in thought, delving into the crevasses of his mind over his own fate and the creatures of the night that haunted him. Had Jack known the full effects of his words, he never would had uttered them, but as it was, all he could do was sit and ponder over what the stranger was truly going through. In the end the stranger finally spoke up, breaking the tension in the air, and in a sad and twisted voice answered, "Yes, I fight them all. Ghosts, ghouls, demons, zombies, vampires, werewolves, whatever else. This one is a slayer if that's what you're wondering." Immediately, one of the patrons in the back joked, “We got a live one here!” as he nearly fell off his stool laughing, but when Jack threw him a stern ‘Not Funny’ look, he quickly shut up. For once again he was seeing something in the stranger, beyond the git up, and beyond the coldness, that cried out to him. For ever since he became a so called ‘Hero’ he had met stranger things that he never believed existed before. Especially in his small little world.

But now there was a man before him, claiming to face them all, or at least every creature of the night and with confidence. But before Jack could utter a word in support, the stranger continued on in his rambling, professing "And no this place is pure. The gods made sure of it." This time the bar went silent, as Mike the owner smiled in approval. It was not the greatest compliment he ever received, but he would take it anyway. Jack however was still concerned over the strangers mental well being and despite all the absurdness over the topic, he had to know more! Suddenly the stranger had an up beat, and to the surprise of all ordered multiple drinks not just for himself but for Jack too. Then after a tasty sip of the good stuff, he happen to remarked, “Now Jack tell me more about yourself. After all, this one did go in detail about who he was, so it's only fitting if you do the same, don't cha think?" Immediately, Jack jerked spilling a bit of his drink on the bar, as he awkwardly coughs after being caught off guard. For it was a question he was not ready to answer. But as he dries up his little mess he halfheartedly answers back, “Me? Oh I’m just a janitor. I uh..” he gives off the slightest hint of a smile in pride, “....I clean up messes!” But the fact was, he was way more interested in talking about the strangers demons, rather than his own life and as such he quickly shifts the conversation back towards him. With genuine concern he tosses back whats left in his glass for confidence and after wiping his mouth on his sleeve, he begins to ask, “So you’re serious about that vampire and demon stuff aren’t you?

Kaizergenocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Late Sunday afternoon, while the Hideout is slowly getting populated by guests, Mike, the bar keeper, arranged the liquors behind him. He keeps the place tidy and orderly. The place is starting to warm up a bit due to the constant arrival of guests or patrons.

No Caption Provided

One specific guest entered the Hideout; a blonde woman well dressed and accompanied by none. As she entered the place, the small crowd’s noise seemed to toned down a bit as if most of them were interrupted by her presence. Even the band that’s supposed to be setting up the stage is somehow interrupted.

Vanessa
Vanessa

The fine lady’s eyes roamed around a bit, then flashing her smile with everyone as if telling them “Hi, I’m here!”.

“Vanessa! Over here!” said Mike, the bar keeper.

The lady then walks toward the bar after putting her mink coat over at the entrance counter. As she walks, most men can’t help but smile and stare at her, as if the sound of her high heels is the only music available at the place. Vanessa isn’t your “beauty queen” kinda girl, but there is something about her that keeps people, mostly men, can’t help but get attracted to her. Plus her attitude and style is something you’d see on a poster ad of expensive perfume.

“So ummm, yeah, Vanessa, right?” said Mike.

“In the flesh!” replied Vanessa as she sits down to one of the stools at the bar crossed-legs.

No Caption Provided

Mike recently received a letter, that an “agent” with the name Vanessa, and her picture on it, will soon visit the Hideout and ask some info regarding some of the patrons in that place. It stated there that the “company” Vanessa is working for is looking for specific talents in terms of combat, hunting and survival skills and will be paid attractively.

Mike suddenly felt like a schoolboy talking to his grade school crush for the first time. This is because Vanessa has this ability to produce pheromones; an invisible chemical that can cause the opposite sex to act “differently” towards Vanessa.

“Sorry for the unusual scent, Mike. Well, I was informed that this place has been the meeting place of some “formidable” men, correct?

“Yy-yes, yes indeed ma’am. While waiting, what could keep you comfy and tipsy then? Any particular drinks in mind?”

“Gimme either a Blonde or a Red-headed Slut…” said Vanessa with a naughty grin.

Red headed Slut drink
Red headed Slut drink

“A wha…?” He replied.

“… with Jagermeister. A drink, you silly!”

Vanessa and Mike spent a couple of minutes chit-chatting while at the same time Vanessa is surveying the people coming in and around the Hideout. Her true mission here is to find some men or women who could be convinced to have a little “talk” with her. She’s looking for a recruit, who could fit the job for her master, Kaizer.

No Caption Provided

As the band started playing something upbeat, Vanessa started to feel the vibe of the place, slowly stomping her heels to the beat. She brushed her hair with her fingers. Men started winking and smiling at her. Could she find the recruit she’s been looking for? She sure knows that she doesn’t want to leave the Hideout “empty handed” so to speak.

(Needs a character "hero or villain" to be a bounty hunter for a mission. Will only hire street-level up to low/ mid-low tier characters with more on combat feats. PM me for details if interested.)

Mockingjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mockingjay

@gripper:

"I'm... I'm sorry, but that's not how this works, Jack," he said in a cold manner, putting the glass back on the bar counter for a moment while giving him a not-so-pleased look under his mask. Jack couldn't see his facial reaction, but he probably could tell things were about to take a turn. "You don't get to play 21 questions with me but whenever I try to do the same you give me basically nothing but a name. What, you want this one to spill his deepest, darkest secrets while you sit there idle and listen like a puppy? I don't know what you're capable of. Hell for all I know you could be a villain in disguise. You can never be too sure, can ya?" In all honesty, Bell didn't know what to think of Jack, but maybe that would get him to open up, drop a hint. This so-called janitor was a complete puzzle to him and he wanted to solve it.

With all that said, he went ahead and answered the question about him being someone that takes on anything that breathes. "And me being an asshole aside, yes I am serious about who I am, what I am. Why else would I say it?" Most of what was said wasn't accurate in the slightest, though what he sets out to do isn't something he's willing to share. Not until he gathers more clout, more followers.

Gripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mockingjay:

Despite all the kidding going around, Jack felt that things were still cool. He and the stranger where talking, the stranger bought a round of drinks and the conversation was even getting interesting. When suddenly Jack was blindsided. From behind his mask, the strangers tone turned dark and cold, with a hint of anger, as he verbally chastised Jack up and down. His every word stabbing like a knife. In one brief statement he made it perfectly clear he was not hear to answer Jack’s every inane question, without answering a few of his own, and all though he had every right to say that, Jack didn’t take to kindly to being spoken in that way. In the middle of his rant, Jack’s eyes turned to daggers, as he balled up his fists. Had they been anywhere else, he would have asked the stranger to step outside. But after years of reflecting on his rashness, calmer heads prevailed as he eased back into his seat, and casually went back to his drinking.

No Caption Provided

By now the drunk man in the back that laughed at Bell, stumbled his way out, while making it a point to mock him one more time. “I didn’t know they let... (he snickers)...priest drink!” he says just as the door shuts behind him, after which he hops a bus and heads off somewhere in the distance. Once again Jack turned to apologize for the man’s comments, but before he could utter a word the stranger spoke again. To his surprise it was the answer to his previous question. "And me being an asshole aside, yes I am serious about who I am, what I am. Why else would I say it?" For a few brief seconds Jack sat there speechless, unsure whether to ask more questions or answer some of his. In the end it was only fair, after all the stranger was divulging more than his share, and with little restraint. After another quick shot for confidence, Jack works out the cricks in his neck, then clears his throat. “You’re right, and that was adamn good answer.” He then looks down as he tries coming up with a plausible backstory, one with enough information without giving to much away.

So I’m not really a Janitor, or at least I was once, but that’s not important. What is, is that I clean up messes. My boss (he chuckles) who prefers to remain anonymous, has a knack for finding people with problems, and when they are, (he scratches the back of his head) I clean it up!” The man’s voice is sincere, and he is telling the partial truth, but the first rule in being a Hero or Vigilante is never give away your identity. Still it felt good to share with anyone other than his smarter half Doctor Suars, but he still had to draw the line somewhere. Trying his best to laugh his way out of the conversation, he continues in a more lighthearted way, “Nothing like taking care of Ghost, Demons or Banshees like yourself, but small stuff like helping a friend get out from under someones thumb.” Once again you could see the glimpse of pride in his eyes, as he thinks back to all the real adventures he had been through, including the time he went back in time and faced a dragon. But it was at that second as he thought of the flying creature that he felt a connection to the stranger. But before asking more random questions about all the things that go bump in the night, there was still one more important question on his mind. “Now I have another question for you..” he says with a confused look upon his face, “Just what the Hell is your name?

Mockingjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gripper:

He thought to himself: "Now we're talkin'." as he watched and listen to Jack reveal things about himself. As it stands though, it's not much to build off of but it's a start, and what a little more prying, he could get what he's looking for and proceed with his plan. "Janitor?"Bell asked curiously, following up with "So are you like a cop? Vigilante? Helper?"After asking those questions, he looked around the bar and gave everyone in it a hard look, especially the customers. Bell shifted his focus back to Jack and gave him a name, he said softly "The White Lunar. Moon-based and all, ya know?"

Gripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mockingjay:

Janitor” the stranger said in a curious tone, "So are you like a cop? Vigilante? Helper?" As much as it was a good question, it was also one Jack had to tip toe around. But there was one fact he wanted to make crystal clear. “There’s nothing wrong with being a janitor,” he says while tossing one back, “It’s a noble profession, one most people look down upon! But just think of what life would be without them!” The truth was he could go on for hours over the position, especially now that he is young and strong again, meaning he could now physically back up his opinion, but even he knew now was not the time or place to get into it. Instead he choose to move on and answer the stranger’s second question. “Oh I’m no vigilante. I sure as hell don’t run around in tights jumping off….” Suddenly he comes to a complete verbal halt, realizing he might be talking about Bell and quickly changes the conversation. “I’m more what you’d call a helper, (he laughs slowly) but it’s amazing the help people need now a days!” In all honesty he was ready and eager to talk more on the subject and even hint at the fact there was more to him than appears, when finally the stranger gave him a name!

As odd as it sounded, ‘The White Lunar’ suited him, as well as added to the whole mystique. It was a hell of a lot better than anything Jack could come up with. Yet still it opened a whole new set of questions. But instead of going off into a new direction over what makes a hero a hero, a topic he most definitely will get back to, he choose to delve back into what interested him the most, the creatures of the night! “So here’s the thing,” he takes in a slow deep breath, “You say you fight Demons, Vampires and all the other things, but we never hear about it!” Straightening his trench coat around his shoulders he continues, “I read the paper every day and I read about flying people, killer robots and giant lizard like creatures attacking the shore, but never do I read about Vampires attacking the city. Why is that?

Mockingjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mockingjay

@gripper:

Bell went through two more glasses of whiskey as Jack responded to his questions. Although Jack wasn't fully giving himself up, he gave away enough to know that he's either a super-powered being, a killer with tech, or worked for his physical gifts. At least that part of this enigma was out of the bag. But there was one other thing that vexed him and Bell let him know. "Vigilante. Let's just go with vigilante and stop being technical about it because I think that's how most people would view you, am I right? I added the helper option just to be funny."

So here’s the thing,” he takes in a slow deep breath, “You say you fight Demons, Vampires and all the other things, but we never hear about it!” Straightening his trench coat around his shoulders he continues, “I read the paper every day and I read about flying people, killer robots and giant lizard like creatures attacking the shore, but never do I read about Vampires attacking the city. Why is that?

Jack was on to him or he thought he was and answered the best way he knew how. Whether it held up or not, his case will be heard. "Did... did you say papers? You do realize how bias those things are? How much info never gets out? Is that your only source to determine the legitimacy of my statement? The slayer act was nothing more than a metaphor but since Jack took it literally, he will try his best to go along with it.

Gripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mockingjay:

No Caption Provided

Although Jack was doing his best to avoid any direct answers, his friend saw through him. It could have been because of Jack’s broad physique or the way he carried himself, but more likely it was all the hints he gave during the conversation. “Fine I’m a Vigilante..” Jack said with a smile, “We’ll go with that. In fact I kind of like going by that name.” Once again he showed the lighter side of his personality, as he perked up with a natural glow around him, “I’m as much a Vigilante as anyone that fights for the under dog and goes against the norm.” By now his voice is almost angelic as he goes on, “And I’m even proud to say, that I’d fight to my dying breath to continue my ways!” Suddenly he snaps back to the reality of where he is and who he is with and proceeds to look around the room to see if anyone else was listening. But by the grace of God they were either to preoccupied to listen or to drunk to care. Slowly he turns his attention back to Bell while at the same time lowering the sound of his voice, yet was still proud enough to say, “I can only hope you find the same pride in your work as I do!” With that said he raises his glass taking a larger sip than normal, only to finish the rest off, then proceeds to move on to the next glass.

Unfortunately the conversation took a darker tone after Jack asked why there were not stories about Vampires in the papers. Although Jack felt it a fair question to ask, he never expected Bell’s response. With venom and malice The White Lunar made it perfectly clear, "Did... did you say papers? You do realize how bias those things are? How much info never gets out? Is that your only source to determine the legitimacy of my statement?” Once again Jack had to back pedal his statement while doing his best to work damage control. “Whoa there Pal,” Jack said in a calming manner, ”I didn’t mean anything about it. I was just suggesting how far out of the loop I am on the issue.” Then in a foolish attempt at levity he goes on, “and you know what they say about the paper now a days, it’s all fake news.” Hoping to God he didn’t make a complete fool of himself, he quickly goes back to his distant persona, with his eyes darting between his drink and the shelf behind the bar, “All I really wanted to know is how do you take down something that’s already dead…like Demons?

Santana_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mockingjay: @gripper: (I don’t remember the Hideout being stated where on the planet is it located. Is it supposed to be one of this lose places that it doesn’t matter where it is but it’s just there...like it’s 5pm somewhere type thing?)

Mockingjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@santana_: that's up for Gripper to decide because I believe he's the one that made this location, but since nothing was given on where it was located, I was under the impression it didn't matter.

Again, just my take.

Mockingjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mockingjay

@gripper:

"Neither did I," he said in a not so hostile way. "I was merely stating don't believe everything you read, plus how can you question the existence of the supernatural when there's flying, super-powered people, big lizards, and by your own words, killer robots running amok?" Bell's eyes and all focus went back to the liquor waiting to be drunk. Without any hesitation, he lifted the clear glass and put it to his mouth, and within a few gulps, it was empty. As the glass politely left his hand, Bell followed up with "That's...not something I'm willing to share. How I take them down is for me to know, and for you to find out." He shrugged, letting out a sigh with his eyes squinted as he scouted the entire area again, lowering his tone. "Besides we're around a bunch of drunk dopes that keep their ears in our convo. I want to know more about you being a vigilante, but I won't ask it here. Now if we went to a more private spot, sharing secrets would make more sense. I'm not saying I'd tell you everything 'cause that would be impossible considering I have stories for days, but enough to satisfy." Bell smiled smugly and awaited what Jack had to say.