The Haven Session 4: Caught Speeding

Jai_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Jai_Walker

So I almost got caught sneaking in my fathers house today.

The Haven's computer beeped slightly showing Jai it was time to begin. The young speedster had taken a break from the Haven and had been investigating the anomaly that had been surrounding his father. And lately the young speedster was becoming extremely confused. There had been no huge and world-changing differences, but anything surrounding his father, or Tachyon was completely altered. Jai had no idea how to fix it.

"So, I just broke into his house-My house. Y'know. Trying to see what I could find. I know I promised to finish my "origin" but this is important."

Flashback in 1st Person POV

No Caption Provided

As I sped into the front yard I couldn't help but look around. This house is my home, where the laughter happens and I can rest at the end of the day. It was the type of place where I could just be myself, let go. Roam free. If you step inside you'll feel it's so different, a place where the lungs choose to fill a little deeper and the heartbeat a little steadier. My mind felt a bit better just stepping foot on the grass that I had grown up with. I strode forward to the door where I put my gloved hand to the knob, with a slow twist and a click the mahogany entrance clicked and popped open silently. I stepped into my childhood home and I remember that it felt so surreal, to be somewhere so familiar yet so different. I could hear my father upstairs doing his homework or something like that.

As I searched around I saw a lot of the same. Honestly, it was what I didn't see that bothered me. No suit rings, no passageways in the house. Nothing that made it seem like the place I knew, the father I had wasn't the past version of the young boy who sat doing his schoolwork above him. Nothing was the same. Everything was different. And it needed to be changed. The world would need Alex West for what was to come. The world would need the Fastest Man Alive. And it's not me. It needed Tachyon, or whoever he would become.

I was so distracted in my own mind I didn't even hear my father come down the stairs, his foots thumped slightly as the young man made his way to my position. My face broke out in a sweat as I froze in place; Should I let him see me? Should I explain everything? If I do will I create another paradox I can't fix? Eventually, my fear overpowered my curiosity and I ran, I ran so fast leaving only a rush of wind and a flicker of lightning that bounced off of a lamp shade. My soles pushed against the ground. The Crisis. My legs tightened and my muscles pumped like pistons. The Crisis. My arms pumped faster and faster. Powerless. And as the electricity of the Speed Force soared out of my body, flowing like the passage of time itself I knew what I had to do.

Flashback End.

Jairus West-Walker looked at the camera and his face dawned with clarity. His shoulders broadened and he said clearly "The Origin will have to wait. Because the Crisis is coming. It'll need Alex West. Which means I'll have to bring him back. I'll have to bring back Velocity."

No Caption Provided

"The Lightning will have to strike again."

Session 6 Coming Soon

Blubber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn! That was a good read. Whatever you are building up to, I want in!!!

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice work. :)

Jai_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blubber:

Oh, I'm building up to something. And you'll definitely be invited.

@paragonxxx:

Much thanks. I might be surprising you with something pretty soon. As in you won't be seeing it coming. As in NO PM WARNING AHAHAHA.

But I think you'll love it.