The GCPD, 52nd Station and Precinct, Gothic City (Team/Organization Location)

• 54 results
Avatar image for captain_lambert
Captain_Lambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@ashley_knightfall:

Lambert stood almost as motionless as the perp he stared at through the glass, his arms tightly crossed and back straightened. The captain's eyebrow twitched every now and then, counting each minute the girl went without blinking.

"Jesus, David..." He finally broke his solitary silence, letting out a heavy sigh. "What are doing?"

As if his question was heard, the observation room's door buzzer went off, causing Lambert to quickly turn his head. It was none other than Gothic's Saint, Ashley Knightfall. The smallest crease formed at the side of Lambert's mouth, clearly suppressing the smirk caused from seeing a friendly face.

“Captain Lambert, good to see you considering the circumstances. What can I do for you?”

Lambert would give a solitary nod, his arms still crossed from a focused state. It only took a moment of his blue eyes darting back and forth between the girl through the glass and back at Ashley to realize, Ashley didn't know who this girl was. His brow furrowed, slightly confused from the revelation.

"Doctor Knightfall, I'm sorry for calling on you at such a late hour..." The Captain's voice trailed off, thinking about how he should approach this. After a small silence, he cleared his throat and pressed forward. Lambert turned to the mirror, gesturing towards the girl in the room.

"We have a bit of a... Odd situation on our hands here." He glanced over at Knightfall, before continuing with the briefing. "Arrested this perp two hours ago, just on the edge of my district." Lambert grabbed the folder from the small table in front of them, handing it over to the good Doctor.

"Female, between ten and fourteen and athletic build." He would wait for her to turn the page, walking through it as she read on. "As you can see, she's doesn't exist as far as any criminal or medical database in the United States is concerned. We've reached out to some European sources, but so far it's looking like more of the same conclusion..."

The True Blue would suddenly become silent, looking up at the camera mounted in the corner of the room, and gestured for the feed to be shut off. As soon as the red dot stopped blinking, Lambert let out another sigh. "Now, for what the file doesn't tell you." David looked through the glass, his finger raising to point at the child. "This girl, right here? Her and another child beat two dozen thugs half to death with their bare hands..."Lambert's tone raised higher than Ashley would have ever heard it, as if he was still reeling from that fact.

"Doctor Knightfall- Ashley, you had to have been there to understand what I'm saying. I've dealt with international hitmen before, top of their class. This kid made them look like two-bit thugs rolling a convenience store over. I don't know if she's a Metahuman or what, but my options are limited. I wasn't ready to see the Feds come in here and take a little girl away for god who knows what..." He turned away for a second, the intensity fading the moment her broke his gaze from the unlikely confidant.

His back remained turned, and his hand slowly placed at his hips while finally cutting to the chase. "...She says she knows you, Doctor."

Avatar image for ashley_knightfall
Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_lambert:

Ashley became puzzled and it showed in her cobalt eyes as they shifted from The Good Captain to the young girl behind the glass. She turned her body to face the glass as she walked closer, setting her medical bag down while she accepted the folder and examining the documentation (or more lack of documentation) that had been done on the child.

No Caption Provided

A young vigilante? No.. the description didn’t fit a vigilante. This was a trained killer. The way the girl was sitting, her near perfect posture as if drilled into her, her eyes focused on the one way glass as if she could physically see the two conversing about her. She had seen many like her before, even dated one. She was a child, yet she was more deadly than any officer with a gun here.

She closed the file, setting it down on the table, her eyes shifting from the girl back to The Captain. The Knightfall Saint was still trying to figure out what she was doing here. Did he need her to take the child? Hide the child? Make a medical case for the child to be released from custody? But then Lambert finally told her…

"...She says she knows you, Doctor."

Ashley’s face didn’t change, still puzzling expression as her eyes shifted away from The Captain to the child. She could honestly say without a doubt in her mind that she did not know who this child was. She didn’t look familiar in the slightest. “Did she now?” She softly spoke, her right hand reaching up to her glasses as she lightly pushed them back into place. “Captain Lambert, unfortunately I can’t say that I know her. However, I have seen thousands of patient’s since I returned to Gothic a few years ago. It could be possible that I treated her. But...” But she knew that she would never forget a small child like that. One with cold rigid eyes. "she doesn't seem familiar to me."

There was silence between the two for a moment, trying to figure out what the next move should be. But Ashley already knew. Turning to the Captain she picked up her medical bag. “May I exam her? I can see from here that she’s wounded and looks to have yet had any medical care.” She could see the girl favoring her left shoulder over her right and the blood stains may have given it away as well. She then stepped a bit closer and spoke a softer tone. “It’s clear she wants to speak with me and is using you to do so. If everything you said about is true, then she could have escaped from your custody if she wanted to. But instead she came here with you, willingly. There's a reason for that. If I care for her wound I can try to see exactly what it is she wants.”

Avatar image for captain_lambert
Captain_Lambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashley_knightfall:

Lambert's suspicions were confirmed, not that he was too surprised. The girl knew Dr. Knightfall, but Knightfall didn't know her. A list of possibilities bobbed in and out of his main thoughts, most of them negative. Why? What does this girl want? What was she even doing in the first place? What if this was all one long con in order for the girl to get closer to Ashley- Dr. Knightfall?

“May I exam her? I can see from here that she’s wounded and looks to have yet had any medical care.”

The Captain remained with his back turned, with his head shaking subconsciously. "I apologize for that. Normally we get a perp's wounds looked after, but you understand the precautions we had to take. If you go in there, and she suddenly decides to turn hostile-" Lambert's stern warning quietly ceased, as he turned his head to see the good doctor standing beside him, with her eyes of a saint giving off an almost pleading glare.

She was right, on all accounts, clever too. If the girl truly wanted to harm Knightfall, it would have happened already. David looked down at her, his intense gaze significantly softer when met with Knightfall's gambit. After a brief pause, he finally decided to comply.

"...Alright, fine. Just know that I'll be standing here, because I cannot let you be alone with her. I've bent more rules tonight than I have in my entire career, but I have to at least insist on that." He gave her a reassuring nod, still completely unaware that Dr. Knightfall was more than capable of defending herself.

With a firm press of a button on the table, the door leading into the holding room buzzed while it unlocked, and Lambert gave the silent go ahead for her to proceed.

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashley_knightfall: o_O

Joanna Carlyle! You have no idea how happy this makes me! ♥♥♥