yesssssssssssss do it lol

Earnest_Marks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#153  Edited By Earnest_Marks

>When you're being casual and then you suddenly realize what's going on and that Donut Danny might have saved you from being framed

No Caption Provided

Evander_Slade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Earnest_Marks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noah_Sails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Noah_Sails

@assassinatrix: @cutthroatbitch: @Everyone else

With silk in his motion and ice water in his veins, the Ghostshell dexterously drew his customized handguns while simultaneously ejecting his full magazines. Allowing both clips to bottom out from the handgrips and bounce harmlessly off the concrete near his feet. Stylishly Ayo drew a new, more; unique looking clip from his belt "&%^$in' hero bullshit" his mask muffling his uncensored agitation as he knee-capped a charging civilian, a child really, with one of his limited number of rubber bullets.'Gifts' from his commanding officer.

But the gas had turned the surrounding population into mindless drooling fiends. Sooner rather then later the Ghostshell's non-lethal munitions would run dry and then, given the choice between them or him, he'd not hesitate to preserve his own well being. Without missing a beat he turned his handgun into a blunt instrument and bludgeoned another incoming madman. Given the situation and declining number of rubber bullets, Ayo had opted to utilize his restraint in the most efficient way possible.. Women and children getting the rubber well combat aged males caught the real-shit. Still non-lethal, but drastically more physical.

"Gas masks on! Repeat masks on! Hawkins, check on the andrea the giant (@cutthroatbitch) and see if she's alright, then apprehend the suspect. Do NOT kill her we need answers!"

Ayo arched his covered brow beneath the safety of his mask as the transmission passed through his ears. More white noise then command, it had left little in way of a lasting impression. Too busy and overwhelmed to respond, the Last Republican was never the less able to narrowly catch the theatrical roll-over, the fire-engine purposely sent barreling down the intersection by its maniacal wheelman, or woman. Flicking the enormous tower of estrogen off its red and white body to land in a broken heap of meta-human wreckage. Yet within minutes possibly seconds, she was not only up, but back in pursuit. Pressing an offensive advantage - if there was one to be had - in a Mexican themed stand-off with the would be terrorist. Unbenowest to Ayo, a block away, another dramatic showdown had begun its staged premiere. But first things first......

No Caption Provided

Bringing his arm to a reasonable working level up around his chest, the Ghostshell began dancing his fingers across a forearm-stationed device almost instantaneously igniting an eruption from his harness and riggings. Firing two cables upwards in a mirrored rendition of devices once used in Gothic City. The body laced grapnels propelled the Last Republican along the city's high-rises and company roofs where his free-running parkour skills allowed him to circumvent the extrapolated distance with flamboyant tactical strategy.

Using the propulsion to arrest the agility within his own momentum, Ayo torpedoed himself towards the unknown assailant's back just seconds after his new-found partner in the Force had sent an earth shattering punch in her direction. Attempting to coil his athletic body around AssX using his arms to freely swing from back to front, while in concert with some seriously knife work designed not to kill or injure his target, but rather instantly cut her gas mask off and hit the ground rolling backwards in a fiercely paced somersault that would position him off to the right of the gladiatorial giant in a single knee crouch, pistols drawn. Ready, and waiting.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#157  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

I love how we have a team of bada**... and then there's Donut Danny xD

CutthroatBitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crossfire!

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy Shit!
Holy Shit!

@eerybody

"Holy shit!."

"Shit indeed. This is shaping up to be one hell of a night. And not the good kind."Gideon responded as he looked over to the greenhorn. "You ready? You don't look ready kid."

The kid stuttered, "How the hell can any of us be ready for this? I mean, that was the captain on the roof of our vehicle right? Not to mention the NBC that's going around, and the perk that's tearing everybody up. How the hell are you so damn calm about all this!"

Gideon shrugged as he slipped on his gas mask. His voice, now somewhat muffled. "Clearly, this whole situation is FUBAR. Just take a deep breath, get your mask on, get your gear ready ,and nut up."

"You can't talk to me like that!"

"I just did. Look kid, we have to be calm. We can't afford to crack out there. We're not even outside in the shit yet, and you're already starting to crack. So, take a deep breath and get your gear ready."Gideon handed the rookie a couple of magazines containing rubber rounds.

"Save your live rounds for the perk. Again, aim for her legs. She's wanted alive. Save your rubber rounds for civilians that are affected by the NBC that charge ya. You got this. You wanna know how I know you got this? Because you have to."The kid nodded his head and took the rounds from Gideon.

"I got this.

"You look ready."It was a lie, the greenhorn didn't look ready. But he needed to hear it from a vet. Sometimes the right words can make all the difference. Didn't matter if it was lie or not. Just as long as the kid believed it.

No Caption Provided

The outside world was tearing itself apart. Those exposed to the gas were either erratic, attacking one another and whoever was in their sights. Or, they we're practically comatose. The vehicle came to a screeching stop as the back door opened and out came the Gideon tagging along with a group of officers decked out in the equivalent of swat gear.

Gideon reached for his comms. "Slade we're right behind ya. But the fog from the NBC is limiting our field of view. There were two more trucks loaded with personal behind us, but we're not able to reach them on the radio. Chances are their in the shit."

Closure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Closure

"Danny?" For the last few minutes, Brian's been toying around with @earnest_marks. He was initially meant to be a scapegoat for the hacking process his AX Phone had initiated with the laser gun locked up in storage. This conversation between the two was merely Brian killing time until the uplink finished. And like any smart businessman, he'd wipe the footage of their interaction before leaving.

However, any plan of Brian's was sent to the graveyard the moment @donut_danny hustled his ass into the interrogation room.

"My guy!" His right eyebrow twitched as he spun around and extended his arms to the Force's Kickstarter campaigner. "Bring it in man!" The Newcastle legacy used every ounce of his being to maintain a level-headed composure as he rose from his seat and wrapped his tightening biceps around Danny's shoulders.

"Don't worry about the A-X phone, bro. The company can always issue me another. The perks of being a dead guy's last remaining relative, am I right?" He released his grip before grabbing the phone from the carb eating fool. A flickering frame of 85% appeared on the screen as Brian's eyebrows seemed to knit together. His irritation with Danny would have boiled over into a fit of rage if he hadn't considered the next best course of action.

"Anyways, I was scheduled for a meeting with @evander_slade, but everyone seems to be gone. So, I figured I'd wait in his office until he returned. And like an idiot, I ended up in the wrong room. Started talking to this funny dude. Reliving the old detective days, but I apologize for the intrusion."

Brian lifted his arm and scratched the back of his head. It was a small action, but it was also a tell his former detectives knew he only did when he was nervous or worried. Luckily for the Newcastle legacy, he managed to use the mixed up room excuse to mask his concern over executing his newest plan.

"So, Danny...you think you can do me a favor? Since the big guy isn't around. Maybe you could take me out for a ride along? The two of us together again."

Brian's forthcoming request was banking on Danny falling for the bait. He'd either guide Brian to Slade's office where he'd have the opportunity to hack into Evander's computer or he'd guide Brian to the Phoenix Station's armory where the laser gun rested. So, while Danny potentially stockpiled on weaponry...the Newcastle legacy would find his Trojan horse and pull out the flash drive inside the cartridge.

"For old time's sake? I'm sure a detective like you, who single-handedly resurrected the Force, has some kind of pull around here." At this point, whatever Earnest said was background noise. He'd be woven into this plan at a later date. Until then the focus was Danny.

"I mean you should be the one out on the field. Not Castillo or Crews. You're THEE GUY, Danny. Can't you see that?" Brian attempted to play on Danny's emotions and elicit some type of passion from his former colleague.

"I'm sorry if I'm imposing, bro. It's just that seeing you...it's reminding me of how great it used to be. Y'know working for the Force and all. And I gotta give it to you, Danny. The Force wouldn't be the Force without you, but I'll leave if you want me to."

Noah_Sails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The PURGE!

Assassinatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_ghostshell: @cutthroatbitch: Just tagging the two who are tangling with me; as always, all are welcome! >:)

"Wow, sweetie..." Kaede said to Nastya with a smirk, "you really should have worn your seat-belt." Truthfully, she was more than a little impressed with the fact that the other woman was even alive, much less still at all functional, given the obvious amount of damage she'd taken the rollover. She was even more impressed when the other woman suddenly put on a sudden burst of speed and launched herself in Kaede's direction like some speedster combination of Jason Voorhees and a Crash Test Dummy. In fact, the spectacle had her so enraptured that she failed to note the approach of Ayo. The impact from behind foiled her attempt to raise her shotgun, causing the weapon to go off prematurely before going skidding across the pavement.

Kaede was very difficult to injure; her durability was generally considered her most prominent feature (followed by her cheekbones), but physics was still physics, and the fact that an attack could do minimal physical damage to her didn't mean that it couldn't cause her problems. Borne down by the simultaneous pummeling from Nastya and Ayo's unexpected grapple, the Assassinatrix began to fight back as her training dictated. As Nastya's vicious blows rained upon her, they kept her so off-balance and unable to focus on anything else that she did not even register that Ayo had managed to neutralize her breathing mask, until she suddenly realized that she was fighting not other metahumans, but rather some kind of demonic theme park mascots, which for some reason filled her with an unspeakable rage.

Loading Video...

Her pupils shrinking to the size of purely theoretical particles, her training and discipline vanished in a crimson haze of psychedelic madness, and she began fighting back like a wild animal, biting, clawing, and lashing out frantically with limbs imbued with enhanced strength.

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I laughed so hard I thought I'd choke.

Can't believe I actually watched the whole thing.

Avatar image for detective_whitaker
Detective_Whitaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@special_agent_crews@agent_sarah_castillo

Whitaker was born and raised in Gothic City, and most people would have understood if he had just succumb to the effect Gothic had on its civilians. The effect it had on most that didn’t bend to its will, breaking them until they did. The Notorious City of Chaos had a bad reputation to say the least in the public eye, but that didn’t matter to Michael, he held his head up high being from Gothic City. While the city broke people, Whitaker believed it made him stronger. The trauma he dealt with at an early age, the environment he grew up around, and his willingness not to be another statistic, another lost cause in his hometown, made him the man he was today. To put it in simple terms, like did whenever anyone asked about his experience growing up there, “It toughened me up that’s for sure.” followed by a short chuckle to ease the conversation.

His background could be the reason why he received positive reviews from his peers when he returned, Whitaker spent countless hours devoted to The Force, determined to help out in anyway he can, even if that meant losing a “little” sleep, not eating something for a whole day, because one hour spent going out to get sleep or get a bite, meant one less hour on the case, which meant longer time trying to solve it, and even more time for a case’s victims to have a peace of mind. He understood what help, even if it was something small, and what peace of mind in a world of chaos, could mean to someone. It could mean the difference between being what the world gave you every excuse to be or being an outlier. It could change what side of the bars you were on, or even what side of the endless battle between good or evil, someone was on. That’s why Whitaker originally joined The Force, why he came back when it was rebuilt from ground zero, why he spent days and days at his desk on a “simple” case, because to him this wasn’t just a job, it was a difference.

But even Gothic City can’t prepare a human man for a slap from an angry latina woman, Castillo’s open right hand contacted Whitaker’s face like it was sent from God, as if it was a sin to be knocked out in front of Crews and Castillo, after having your vehicle forced into the side of a building. It took moments for Whitaker to even realize what had hit him, and even wondering if it was a delayed effect from the crash he taken moments ago, it wasn’t until he heard Castillo screaming,

“ALRIGHT! THAT’S HOW THEY WANT TO PLAY!? THEY DON’T KNOW WHO THEY’RE MESSING WITH!”

That he started to get a true feeling of what was going on around him, and even then it was bits for the most part. He did notice one thing as Crews was pulling him to safety and that thing was Castillo. If brutally beating anything that was in your way, was an artform, then she was Michelangelo. It was like when someone sees something amazing for the first time, and they simply just have to take in the moment, speechless and motionless. That also might have been why Crews had to pull his deadweight the last several feet to the vehicle, and even throw him in the backseat.

Crews and Castillo, even if they were an unusual and unpredictable team, they were a well-oiled machine. They worked perfectly together, even if it at the station it always looked like they were competing who would get written up first, Crews for sexual harassment in the workplace, or Castillo who Police brutality had be reminded to her even if she was in the room with meta who could level blocks. But their personalities aside, Whitaker understood why they had been brought back, and why the Force brought them back, because when push came to shove, they shoved harder.

“Oh god no.” Whitaker mumbled out when Castillo ran into an elderly man in front of them at a speed of like 70 mphs. Michael turned around just in time to see the old man basically do a one and half dive straight into the street pavement. “Jesus Christ!” he yelled, pain aching all over his body when the words came out, side effects from the crash.

He leaned back in his seat trying to ease the pain a bit. He felt his overcoat, and luckily his notepad was still in the his front pocket, he whipped it out, and went straight back to work. In the middle of all the chaos, he couldn’t help, but think about the man in the plaid shirt, who had brought the laser gun to the Bull Pen today. It seemed too much of a coincidence. It was the perfect setup, if one were to think about it long enough. The man brought in the gun, spreading the inexperienced team thin across the precinct. Before they could even get to know each other, and now look at them. Whitaker could only imagine, the team was as spread out as they were earlier.

"Two things: One, I’m not going to the hospital in the middle of all this, and that’s the end of that. Two, what do we know about the man you guys questioned about the laser gun earlier today, who is back at the station with him, do we contact with whoever is?”

“Oh Castillo, one more thing I ironed the pants and the tie was a gift, it’s called making a good impression, you should try it sometime.” he struggled to get out the last line out of pain, but the Son of Gothic was dead set on not going to the hospital, not when his team needed him the most, not when this city needed him the most.

Avatar image for special_agent_crews
Special_Agent_Crews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

It didn't take long ago getting Whitaker in the car for him to stir back to life; which was good because she needed someone to speak on her behalf to God once Castillo killed them.

"Sarah, We can stratch the hospital bid, looks like sleeping beauty woke up" Crews relayed bracing herself as Castillo drift around the corner.

"Bih! we're not in a mario kart game slow the hell down. To answer your question Mike, I don't know two things about the dude in the ugly flannel shirt, he just kind of appeared there. As far as first impressions go, you've made a good one to me" She said glancing down at his crotch. On the radio, someone mentioned something about rubber bullets; which immediatly drew a sour response from the Indian Officer. "They make rubber bullets? Go figure..."

Under the intense screen of the gas, It was noticably hard for Crews to tell just who Sarah was running over; sure those people were going nuts attacking each other and what not; but it would've been nice to know If she actually killed someone.

"One of these days, you're going to get us into some trouble my vagina can't get us out of." Though the joke was made there was a since of seriousness embedded in her casual warning.

"Yeah well that day, let's hope your throat can" Castillo fired back; again peeling around a corner. "I gotta peg on @evander_slade's location; aswell as @_grifter_ and @the_ghostshell What do you wanna do?"

"Who the hell are they!?" Castillo hissed with her trademark snarl. "I'm sure Slade is the Captain, not to sure about those other guys; but they're blue on the tracker."

As it appeared on her screen it looked as if Gideon was closing in on the Captain, but the other two to include @cutthroatbitch were in hot pursuit of another.

The trio pulled up on Slade's location, having run over a half a dozen people. Crews immediatly drew her weapon; as did Castillo. "Whitaker, watch the perimeter." Crews commanded; as she side stepped toward Slade's right side.

"I thought the clown thing was done in 2016" She said jokingly; all the while 'pying' to another distance in an effort to encase the man in a circle. "Ok, so what's the deal" She asked with her gas mask burning calories off her face by the second.

CutthroatBitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to say,

speedster combination of Jason Voorhees and a Crash Test Dummy.

This is the best thing I've heard from any of you, and it came from the enemy!

But I'm also totally biased because I love Jason.

Evander_Slade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutthroatbitch: @evander_slade: @closure: @special_agent_crews: @detective_whitaker: @assassinatrix: @the_ghostshell:

There was a silence in the air, one that hung as thick as the psychoactive haze that'd taken the city hostage. Keeping his shoulders bowed and his back somewhat hunched, the Connoisseur's gaze pierced through the psychedelic mist, his unblinking eyes like endless dark tunnels as they held the veteran officer's silhouette in view. Motionless, and his pale features devoid of emotion, the Stranger's presence, the effect of his very existence, began to seep out his pores, darkening the atmosphere and making it grow cold. Frost steadily covered the walls of buildings around them, and the air misted when they breathed. And those around him would be forced to experience a haunting and all too traumatic sensation as his presence threatened to feed off of them.

No Caption Provided

Threatened to sap their emotional selves dry of their positive emotions. The officer whose hand reached for his pistol and commanded that he submit to a man-made law would feel depression probing at the borders of his being. The Connoisseur's presence thickened, casting an overwhelming sensation of dread and hopelessness that did it's damnest to break the officer's will, to bend his sanity, contort his emotions with dread and latch onto his psyche, to mangle it, to make him feel as though he will never know or feel joy and cheer again, to break him and leave a catatonic emotionally inept husk in it's wake. "Hrm.. you're one hell of a cop aren't you?", the Connoisseur rasped, his tone serious and monotone, his expression static, "Staring down the barrel of a gun and spewing that officer of the law bullsh*t.., and you're not even high out of your mind", he paused, "Unlike everyone else", the Connoisseur commended mockingly.

"Well, you're definitely on the ball today, guy. If you were a dog, I'd scratch your belly. And I don't think a "well done" will suffice. So I'm going to kill you, and record it so I can fall asleep to it every night", he deadpanned. Extending his arm, the sound of creaking of wood echoing as it extended from every joint, growing abnormally long until his palm covered the mouth of the officer's pistol, the Stranger goaded, "Go on. Shoot. I can't handle it, I'm a big boy". He was waiting. Waiting for a bullet to break into his palm and for his diseased blood to splatter on any patch of the officer's skin. His blood, it was a twisted and perverted concoction, one that carried a physical corruption. A sickness that killed within days without treatment. A sickness that broke the body with bouts of excruciating pain. That violently pushed the bones out against the skin.

That decayed the body, eroding the skin and breaking down organs into swollen sacs of rotting black puss. It'd emaciate the body and strip away the victim's sense of self while their eyes disappeared, leaving behind empty sockets covered in folds of blackened and rotting skin. All with a drop of his blood on the skin of another. All he'd need was his blood, wet on a victim's clothes for it to seep through the fabric and touch the skin underneath. It was what he craved. And as he stood, grinding his yellow hell-hound teeth, the Connoisseur asked, almost genuinely, "Where's the rest of your squad? I'm running on an empty stomach", he confessed, entirely serious.

An intense sense of hopelessness coaxed it's way to the front of Evander's mind. It crawled into the fibers of his body like moisture in the warm night air. "What...what are you doing to me..." His gun stutters in his hands, lowering and rising again. He was wondering why he was standing here. Not how he got to this point, but why he bothered to at all. Why is he even wearing his mask? What was the point of protecting people? The world is full of evil men and women, maybe the only way to really win is to let them kill each-

No.

"I said, "He thumbs the hammer, "Put your hands behind that grease patch of green hair before I spin it round with so many damn bullets you'll be laying in the morgue with dreads." To show he wasn't bluffing the chief fires a single round aimed at the clown's big toe. If it landed he'd blow a hole wide enough to send the toe flying clear off the madman's foot.

Just then Castillo, Whitaker and Crews, the veterans of the MHCU, arrived on scene taking up arms on either side of Slade, waiting for a sit rep- and just in time "This guy is behind everything. He's a meta. He has some kind of...mind altering abilities. Generates negative emotions so try to focus on the task at hand. Whitaker, get him cuffed. Castillo you're of more use to them, " Slade says pointing his head at the Snu Snu warrior and Ghostshell Hawkins holding their own against the vicious woman who mowed down a dozen officers with her bare hands, "She's a cop killer. So don't come back to the precinct with a full clip. Spread the word."

"Crews, Why is there blood on my cruiser?"

Inner_Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Inner_Demon

Just to say,

@assassinatrix said:

speedster combination of Jason Voorhees and a Crash Test Dummy.

This is the best thing I've heard from any of you, and it came from the enemy!

But I'm also totally biased because I love Jason.

CutthroatBitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By CutthroatBitch

@assassinatrix: @the_ghostshell: (AndAnybodyElse):

Although the effects of both gas and physical trauma were being mitigated fairly quickly, recovery was not instant and the cumulative effects on Nastya’s brain left her a mental shell of herself. Her movements were not refined nor complex or brilliant. She was an enhanced animal driven by instinct. But she was a creature of magnificent design. She took immediate advantage of the tandem attack forcing Kaede to the ground, mounting her and striking down as hard as she could with punches and elbows.

Kaede’s greatest asset, her durability allowed her to fight with a ferocity few others could match simply because she did not take damage. But her mind too was gone thanks to the assist from Nastya’s apparent ally, whom even she hardly acknowledged save for a sniff at the air without even breaking from her assault. She was bigger and stronger than the sadistic assassin and likewise struck with more force. Compounding these advantages the Lazarus had a full mount and her opponent was punching up. She punched against gravity and, more importantly, she punched without leverage. And yet despite this flawed thinking a battle of attrition would’ve likely seen her take a clear victory over the regenerating mutant.

Nastya could hardly be called conscious. Through her actions her rabid mind hardly displayed anything resembling real rational thought. But even an animal registered a threat fighting back. Even a primal creature understood when its kill wasn’t being killed.

So she changed tactics. All it took was a single million-dollar adjustment. Between one strike and the next, two pairs of beta trion claws emerged from each of her farthest knuckles. The rare metal invented by Andres Knightfall, extremely costly even for the few worldly individuals in who understood the creation process, combined the properties of vibranium and true adamantium. With these Nastya hoped to shift the damage output drastically in her favour. Let the woman fight. Let her punch, claw, and bite. The Tiger’s Cub would carve out her eyes, cut off her ears and nose. Sever her jugular. She would slash and stab her until the enemy was scarcely recognizable, let alone a living threat.

Inner_Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutthroatbitch: One of these days I'm going to bill you for all the minions you cost me.

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Zauberin  Moderator
Noah_Sails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@assassinatrix: @cutthroatbitch: wasnt sure what to do so I just freestyled it

Momentum, martial mastery, and the sudden mental malnourishment of the Alaric Research Foundation's superior specimen; Kaede, had culminated in a premium sequence of trained physicality. Ayo quickly parried while somehow remaining in a crouched and targeting contortion as Kaede was driven to the ground by the silent, but overtly primal Nastya. Communications rang in his helmet but as little more then white noise, his eyes and focus fixated on the savage scene on the street. Skull crushing elbows bounced off the downed cop killer's head with thunderous bone chilling disturbance. Like un-lubricated pistons the Cuttthroat's fists drove down cleanly, but with each recoil, each retraction, they returned covered in shaded fluid.

"Good. Let the big one finish her off, then put a bullet in the back of her head too." Ayo didn't turn to look but he could sense his father's metaphorical apparition standing next to him preaching the 'code.' He could imagine his father in full villainous refinement. His suit. His weapons.Trademarks established during his publicized reign as a murderous super-villain. "What are you even doing here boy? You gonna save the day? What, with your guns and street smarts? You gonna parkour your way to victory against something like that? You're only human." Beneath his red mask the Ghostshell's eyes subtle shifted. As if suddenly persuaded to zeroing in on the unbridled ferocity encompassing the primal Force agent. He blinked. Spun his guns back into their holsters. And stood-up.

Marching closer to the brutal beatdown Ayo didnt miss a step or falter in his stride, and soon he found himself hovering over both. In one swift and unapologetic movement he sought to stomp his military style boot down on the menacing killer's throat while in concert with a flamboyant twirl that brought a single handgun back out into play with spinning theatricality. Aiming right between her eyes and taunting at the same time."Reap the whirlwind cop-killer. Reap IT!"

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

No Caption Provided
CutthroatBitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_ghostshell: Wait, is he psycho? He's seeing dad-ghosts?

Well, as long as he's on my side...

Donut_Danny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@closure said:

"Danny?" For the last few minutes, Brian's been toying around with @earnest_marks. He was initially meant to be a scapegoat for the hacking process his AX Phone had initiated with the laser gun locked up in storage. This conversation between the two was merely Brian killing time until the uplink finished. And like any smart businessman, he'd wipe the footage of their interaction before leaving.

However, any plan of Brian's was sent to the graveyard the moment @donut_danny hustled his ass into the interrogation room.

"My guy!" His right eyebrow twitched as he spun around and extended his arms to the Force's Kickstarter campaigner. "Bring it in man!" The Newcastle legacy used every ounce of his being to maintain a level-headed composure as he rose from his seat and wrapped his tightening biceps around Danny's shoulders.

"Don't worry about the A-X phone, bro. The company can always issue me another. The perks of being a dead guy's last remaining relative, am I right?" He released his grip before grabbing the phone from the carb eating fool. A flickering frame of 85% appeared on the screen as Brian's eyebrows seemed to knit together. His irritation with Danny would have boiled over into a fit of rage if he hadn't considered the next best course of action.

"Anyways, I was scheduled for a meeting with @evander_slade, but everyone seems to be gone. So, I figured I'd wait in his office until he returned. And like an idiot, I ended up in the wrong room. Started talking to this funny dude. Reliving the old detective days, but I apologize for the intrusion."

Brian lifted his arm and scratched the back of his head. It was a small action, but it was also a tell his former detectives knew he only did when he was nervous or worried. Luckily for the Newcastle legacy, he managed to use the mixed up room excuse to mask his concern over executing his newest plan.

"So, Danny...you think you can do me a favor? Since the big guy isn't around. Maybe you could take me out for a ride along? The two of us together again."

Brian's forthcoming request was banking on Danny falling for the bait. He'd either guide Brian to Slade's office where he'd have the opportunity to hack into Evander's computer or he'd guide Brian to the Phoenix Station's armory where the laser gun rested. So, while Danny potentially stockpiled on weaponry...the Newcastle legacy would find his Trojan horse and pull out the flash drive inside the cartridge.

"For old time's sake? I'm sure a detective like you, who single-handedly resurrected the Force, has some kind of pull around here." At this point, whatever Earnest said was background noise. He'd be woven into this plan at a later date. Until then the focus was Danny.

"I mean you should be the one out on the field. Not Castillo or Crews. You're THEE GUY, Danny. Can't you see that?" Brian attempted to play on Danny's emotions and elicit some type of passion from his former colleague.

"I'm sorry if I'm imposing, bro. It's just that seeing you...it's reminding me of how great it used to be. Y'know working for the Force and all. And I gotta give it to you, Danny. The Force wouldn't be the Force without you, but I'll leave if you want me to."

"Oh..." His eyes filled with a glisten that only ever rose when he saw the glaze on a cruller come out of a warm cup and flow onto the sticky bun, "Boy could I! Come on follow me! Hey, Earny right? Tag along. Don't try to run or I'll shoot you though!" Danny says with a chuckle, then a straight deadpan stare. Danny had a dark side nobody really cared to ask about and he liked it that way. After they left the interrogation room the trio head down the hall for the stairs to the garage, here is Chief Slade's office, in case the name on the door wasn't a give away. That there is the broom closet, doubles as an office for anybody the Chief doesnt like he says. The garage is downstairs...come on."

Plodding down each stair Danny's face turns red as a raspberry jam filled jeller, "Aw come on Junior. It wasn't nothing hard to do, my son set it up in alla two seconds. I didn't even expect it to work out so well. Besides I'm not really a field guy- OH! Wait. Ya know what? We can't go down into whatever their into without some fire power." He says stopping short at the security gate for the armory and pressing his thumb to the pad while saying his hated moniker.

*Welcome, chubby cheeks* The computer says in a monotone voice

"@earnest_marks Go head and grab that alien gun of yours. Junior you grab whatever you fancy. I'm sticking with Lulu." Lulu was the revolver on Danny's waist. Did you miss it until now? Understandable. It sits so snug under his belly rolls that it could be considered a concealed carry.

The key sticks into the ignition and the car vrrs to life. "She's my baby...we've been on The Force together for a long while now. Been through some scrapes but she still purrs like yesteryear."

The 2002 Saab pulls out of the Pheonix Station garage and goes airborne, seeming to never intend to land, until it finally crashes back to Earth and heads face first into the mess that the rest of the station had gotten itself into. "Gask Masks on!" The walkie on the cars radio repeats, the Chief's voice carrying over just as they turned the corner to see the plume of greenish yellow gas hover over Main Street.

Amin_Karrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Amin_Karrit

Posting soon.

Evander_Slade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bogeyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@detective_whitaker: @evander_slade: @special_agent_crews: @agent_sarah_castillo

Even as more Force agents arrived and seized the perimeter, the Connoisseur's expression remained empty, his face devoid of any visible reaction. Shoulders hanging forward, his back slouched, his dark eyes glancing at every single one of them, he all but ignored the demands made of him. BLAM! The gunshot echoed all about and the bullet tore through the air and into his big toe. Blood splattered on the concrete pavement, and the pain swarmed hot through his entire leg. Very nearly dropped to a single knee, the Stranger chuckled, his voice raspy as he once more gazed upon his foes, "Heh.. if you ask me, "Spread the word" is a poor choice of last words. But it's far from the dumbest shit you've done today", he deadpanned.

No Caption Provided

The Connoisseur's presence thickened, strengthening the haunting and traumatic sensation it cast. It was a misunderstood effect, a power that did not attack the mind or soul but consumed the deepest parts of one's emotional self. It fed off of the positive emotions of those around him, leaving the atmosphere cold and dead. And as he stood, toe wounded, his balance lost and his dark blood splattered about, an overpowering sensation of dread and hopelessness crept into the atmosphere and sought to extinguish every positive emotion from those present and maim the resolves of even the strongest of wills. He wanted them inert and dead inside, completely devoid of courage and the will to fight. But their leader, the man who dared open fire on him, oh him he wanted dead.

His arm shot out, extending to unnatural lengths from every joint. He sought to wrap his arm tight round the man's body, to coil around him like a boa constrictor does it's prey. One, two, three coils, the Connoisseur would not suffocate with his constriction, but shut off blood flow and oxygen needed by vital organs like the heart and brain. He would tighten, seek to interrupt blood flow and overwhelm the officer's normal blood pressure and circulation. His artery pressure'd drop while his vein pressure'd rise and his blood vessels'd close. He'd constrict and constrict till the heart no longer wielded the strength to pump against the pressure.. and the blood flow'd stop. The Stranger waited for no sign of success or failure, his other arm shooting out, stretching beyond what was normal as it sought to coil round the three officers who'd arrived.

To coil round them and command his cells to release a cruel digestive fluid, one that'd secrete through his skin and threaten to consume his foes by digesting their cells, all while daring to constrict them till their hearts stopped. "I hope they kids're watching at home, watching champions of man's illusory superiority suffer. Watching their idols drop as I play the role of Abraham... ah what. A. Rush", he rasped.

Assassinatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_ghostshell: @cutthroatbitch:

Crimson.

Everything was crimson.

Sight, thought, emotion...all was being swept away in a vermilion torrent of raw agony and rage. As Nastya's claws punctured her armor-like flesh again and again, she did not even register the pain. What consequence, after all, was spitting into a roiling sea? Her vocalizations grew more guttural, the froth on her lips now mixing with the blood that poured from wounds, external and otherwise. She fought like a caged, crazed hyena, not registering how much damage she was taking, not even registering when her own limbs ceased to obey her fevered mind's commands.

By the time the Ayo planted a boot on her throat, the crimson had started growing darker, deeper, fading into black. Even then, she fought back, her jaws snapping in a futile attempt to lock on his ankle. As the blackness finally overtook the last of the crimson, the last sensation she registered was the impact of something against her head. She briefly wondered what that had been, and then slipped into merciful numbness. Her body went still, her fingers spasmodically opening in closing in fists a few times before even that slight sign of animation dissipated.

Mission accomplished.

Evander_Slade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Evander_Slade

@connoisseur: lol ok that I didn't expect. Responding in a few more posts. I love this guy, if nothing else for the fact he's the Joker if he cursed. But the juxtaposition of the clown angle with the ability to instill hopelessness and depression is poetic.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Amin_Karrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assassinatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Assassinatrix
CutthroatBitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_ghostshell: @assassinatrix:

For nearly a minute after the wounded prey ceased resistance, ceased all movement, the Young Tiger of Babylon didn’t stop. She kept on fighting, as though not satisfied with present result and somehow continuing to stab the woman would make her more dead than she was. Largely combated by her enhanced healing and immune system, the effects of the gas faded without completely subsiding but her vengeful bloodlust did not…

Until it did. The healing in her brain complete, Anastasia came to, wearing gloves of liquid crimson and a partially filled facemask to match, seven-inch trion daggers protruding from her knuckles. She took heavy, shallow breaths. The bloodshot red faded from her eyes. With a deep inhale, she took in the pungent smell of her apparent kill and frowned a little.

“Damn. I hate losing control like that. Didn’t even get to savor it.” After all the pain she caused me I deserve at least that much. There was something about being forced into her feral mind by the actions of someone else. There was a certain violated feeling that accompanied it, losing control of herself.

Finally, after two more sniffs at the air, she acknowledged the other figure, sizing up the apparent ally just as one would a potential enemy with little doubt he’d already done the same while Avalon’s Amazon was lost in her senseless display. She looked him up and down, and smiled meekly. “I’m…not usually so crude. I think. Now…problem solved? I…need to find my gun.” Andshe stood and followed Marshall’s scent along the ground, retrieving the semi-auto several meters from where her body landed following the initial tumble from the truck.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Feral Nova  Moderator

My post is pretty much ready, I'm just waiting for a question to be answered by Surkit. So my post will be up sometime today.

Avatar image for agent_sarah_castillo
Agent_Sarah_Castillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@special_agent_crews: @_grifter_: @special_agent_crews: @the_ghostshell: @assassinatrix: @connoisseur: @evander_slade: @cutthroatbitch: I think I got everyone >_> LOL

Castillo’s head turned sharp at Whitaker, not even looking at the road for a few seconds. “You motherfunker! You actually lived!” She wasn’t paying much attention to the road as she gave a nod to Castillo before drifting around the corner. The sound of the tires screeching along the pavement screaming through the sky as the two fellow officers were being thrown around in the vehicle like ping pong balls as she rolled her eyes at Crew’s b!tching.

The streets were crowded with people that seemed to be in a different state of mind no matter how deep they drove into the city. How far did this gas go? “Speed bumps” being hit and ran over occasionally Castillo couldn’t avoid hitting everyone, even with her driving skills. At least Crews wasn’t driving… they would have been back at the liquor store still… waiting for that man with the walker to cross the street still.

No Caption Provided

Getting to their location, Crews was the first one out of the car as Castillo ripped the keys out of the vehicle with one hand and grabbing her gun with another. The last thing the team needed was for one of these crazy toxic fools to get a hold of their car. Castillo stood by Crews as they held fast to their weapons. “Don’t go off falling asleep on us again!” Castillo shouted at Whitaker, a snarky grin on her face as she heard Captain’s run down of the situation at hand. Mind controlling meta, great, that’s all they needed. “Crews-” Castillo murmured her eyes widen, the wannabe clown’s joints began to crackle as the Latina officer stopped in her tracks. Standing next to the Captain she watched as the clowns arm stretched out unnaturally, reaching out for Cap! She didn’t have time to think out her actions (not like she ever did) of what happened next. “CAP MOVE!” Castillo shouted, instinctively grasping him by the shoulder and throwing him away from the villain's grasp only to get caught in his tentacle like arms herself. “Funk!”

Castillo grit her teeth as the limbs of the meta-human coiled around her body tighter and tighter. No matter how much she struggled, she couldn't get out of the terrifying grasp of The Connoisseur. With every exhale from her lungs the arms tightened making it harder and harder for the officer to breath. No matter how much she struggled to get free, the grasp on her only seemed to increase. “Sh--it.” She could feel the pressure in her head build up, the throbbing of her own heartbeat being heard in her ears. Then the tiny blood vessels in her eyes began to burst from the stress. Her whites of her sclera now being tainted with crimson as she couldn’t take in a gasp for air anymore. Snapping of her ribs being crushed under the strain was heard as her head threw back in pain. The Latina officer’s face was now an unnatural hue of blue and red as oxygen was no longer being brought into her body. But not a single noise came from Castillo, she couldn’t, she couldn’t push whatever air was left in her lungs to scream out in the intense pain she was in. She could feel her heart quivering instead of beating going into ventricular tachycardia, unable to make complete beats because of the crushing strength of the Connoisseur. Her eyes began to blur over, her entire body tingled like pins and needles until… she felt nothing. Darkness swept over her eyes as her body went entirely limp under the grasp of the clown.

CutthroatBitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh...Crap.

Avatar image for detective_whitaker
Detective_Whitaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@special_agent_crews: @evander_slade: @the_ghostshell: @connoisseur: @cutthroatbitch: @agent_sarah_castillo:

Whitaker’s questions for the most part, remained unanswered as the trio drifted through the city. It all seemed like too much of a coincidence.

The Force was reformed publicly through the media and the internet. It was reformed with a new captain and questionable characters. Who was Slade? Whitaker hadn’t really met the man, he hadn’t even had enough time to observe the man leading this reformed brigade? Castillo was unstable and seemed like she belonged in Anger Managements problems 24/7, and her partner Crews could be considered just as unstable with her new “ability”. Danny was an Overweight, overall friendly guy who would be the perfect Mascot if you wanted people to donate to his cause, maybe out of pity or out of relatability. Who was that guy that was basically tailing him to the armory to put the laser away earlier on? Whitaker himself was a man obsessed with cases, to the point of possible health issues.

You put this questionable team together, and you parade them around in the media like they’re unbeatable, like they’re the perfect heroes, like they are the heroes we always wanted and needed. Close enough to your average civilian that they seem familiar and relatable, close enough to believe they have your best interests in their minds, but just different enough that they can help you, that they can stop anyone that believed themselves above what was right and wrong.

Then on the first day this team has formed, “coincidentally” your average man walks in their station with some form of foreign laser weapon. “Coincidentally” soon after an emergency call is dispatched to the fairly unknown Captain that groups of Emergency Responders had been slaughtered. “Coincidentally” the assailant knew just exactly how to attack them, and when to attack them. Soon after the call, the Toxic Air Bombs go off just at the right time, when the team is scattered. The Newly Formed Team with no experience cooperating with each other or even knowing each other are spread thin.

Was Whitaker just supposed to support and listen to everything this squad did and said to him?

Was it all just a coincidence that this happened exactly the way it did?

Was Whitaker supposed to Trust people, he never had any interaction with that would lead him to trust them?

Then with a sudden stop from the cruiser, the Detective snapped out of it, for now. To him it all just seemed too far-fetched for this questionable team to reform, for the media to announce their big day back, for a man to walk in with some foreign weaponry, for the Emergency responders to get slaughtered when and how they did, and for this team full of strangers and questionable characters to face some threat without even properly getting to know each other.

The Trio exited the Force Cruiser weapons pulled and prepared as they could be to handle a situation tossed at them. “Whitaker, watch perimeter.” Crews told him before he could even get a foot away from the vehicle. He watched as the fog and gas mask clouded his vision. There was almost nothing to see outside of where they were at with the rest of the Squadron. He could here gunfire in the distant behind them, buried in the fog. He could only hope that they were friendlies, and they were winning whatever battle they were fighting at the moment. Whitaker heard from his Commanding Officer, Evander Slade, "This guy is behind everything. He's a meta. He has some kind of...mind altering abilities. Generates negative emotions so try to focus on the task at hand. Whitaker, get him cuffed.” And yet Whitaker didn’t move. He dared not move. The ideas of doubt in this team and it’s formation resurfaced. He had no reason in his mind to trust Slade, and no reason to follow through with his order.

He at least knew Crews and Castillo enough, to follow an order when Crews gave him one, but who was Slade? Whitaker had had suspect Commanding Officers before on the Force, why was the man standing before him, ordering him around any different? He could be just another puppet getting his strings pulled like the one before him, or maybe the Force was an ensemble of puppets getting their strings pulled from unknown sources. So Whitaker didn’t budge, he firmly left his feet planted where they were, ready to evade a troublesome situation that came him way.

Castillo on the other hand, blindly followed. She pushed Evander out of the way from a surprise attack the Meta threw at him. He was safe from the onslaught, Sarah on the other hand wasn’t. Before Whitaker could even move, she was in a vise grip courtesy of the “mind-altering” meta who also surprisingly had the capability of enough elasticity to snatch someone up and suffocate them like a boa constrictor. Another Surprise on this long lasting day full of them.

Whitaker quickly entered the cruiser, he had luckily stayed by. Looking as though he was ready to flee the scene, considering the questions that had filled his mind recently, but he didn’t. He instead used one of the many tricks he had learned on the streets of Gothic, hotwiring a car. There was no thinking now, there was simply doing. He believed himself safe in the vehicle, and as soon as it turned on, he charged forward, with nothing on his mind, but helping Castillo escape the grip of the criminal at hand. The Cruiser picked up incredible speed in a short distance, which was exactly what Michael wanted. He hoped a fast moving vehicle crashing into the Meta was enough to at least make release his crutches on one of his peers.

_Fissure_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@special_agent_crews: @evander_slade: @the_ghostshell: @connoisseur: @cutthroatbitch: @agent_sarah_castillo:

No Caption Provided

Crews fell to the ground, out of it. She wasn't physically injured; save from a few bumps and bruises suffered at the hands of Castillo's horrible driving. What she was experiencing was something no one else could see--depression. "I-I could've made it work" She murmured, her mind shift back to her arranged marriage, back to when she was heavily immersed in her own culture.

At the time the 19 year old Crews was different, she only spoke Hindi and everyone of her actions were guided by her abusive husband. Then, while her husband was on a business trip back in India; she applied for the LAPD and made it; when he returned home and found out; he took his fury out on her. That's when Castillo stepped in...that's when she saved her.

"Sarah!" Crews yelled, struggling to fight off the clown's grip. "Sarah!" She screamed again, realizing the only person she ever cared for was being suffocated. Squirming to free herself from the Clown's grip, Crews' eyes begin to flicker a deep green hue. "Come on yah big b**h help me!" violent muscle spams in her arms heralded the arrival of the beast.

No Caption Provided

Whitaker's timely intervention freed Crews allowing the anxiety to build, causing The Hindu Officer to finally transform into the She-Beast known as 'Fissure"

Her mighty roar sent shockwaves booming across New York City, producing light tremors beneath them.

"I'll kill you!" She screamed extending her hands outward, before bringing them back together swiftly in order to create a massive wind gust between her friends on the Force and the Clown.

She'd finish this.

Soterichor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ooohh I had a feeling!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy !!!!!

Amin_Karrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is getting fun!

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Feral Nova  Moderator

SHA SMASH!!! HELL YEAH!!!

Closure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Closure

Several Days Ago...

"The Animus Corporation nearly died because of my father's actions, but I saved it. " Brian Newcastle inherited Animus Corporation shares after a series of leaked government documents revealed him to be the son of President Newcastle. It was great timing, considering it was the same evening his landlord tried to evict him from his studio apartment.

"Ain't that kinda crazy!? A simple boy from Grimm City saved the Animus Corporation from going six feet under." Much to his chagrin, the Newcastle legacy wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Instead, his formative years involved sleepless nights without food in his stomach.

Sometimes when he could sleep, however, his mother would wake him up to keep watch for the evil immortal man. She wasn't mentally stable. She wasn't fit to raise a child. Her ramblings about keeping the darkness at bay were stress inducing. It's why Brian still deals with unresolved anger issues.

Her poor parenting resulted in his early teens being spent in the foster care system. And it wasn't until Brian Maddox showed up at the Saint Dominic's Children's Home that his life truly began anew.

"I don't really tell anybody this, but I took my adoptive dad's name to get away from the past. My real name? It's Tommy. And now that I'm older, I kinda know why. I was a reminder of the darkness that consumed my mother. The reason she was vigilant in her own special way." Brian wasn't an idiot. It didn't take long for him to put two and two together.

His adoption was orchestrated by his late father. The immortal man? The man his mother feared was Thomas Newcastle. Although the history between his parents was still a mystery to Brian, his mother's panic finally made sense. She was afraid of her past, but she was willing to confront it. It's why she always kept a watchful eye out for the immortal man. The irony of it all wasn't lost on Brian.

"I combined my reborn name with the last name I was denied. Brian Newcastle. A merger of the past and the present. A NEW MAN aware of himself, his pain and the rage he feels inside." He's impassioned, fueled by his desire to perfect the world his father harmed.

"I want Grimm City to experience that same enlightenment. I want them to see that the system that's trying to protect and serve them is no good. And I think you're the man to do just that...@connoisseur. I believe we share a common goal. A common ideology. I'm willing to help spread your message." He smiles from cheek to cheek, but the display of candor looks like it's hurting him. "All that I ask in return...is that you make a mockery of the FORCE."

Present Day

The @assassinatrix's responsibility was to either murder or distract the Force. All of the Phoenix precinct's officers focused on the gun for hire meant easy access inside their headquarters. After carefully planting a device in @earnest_marks possession, the Newcastle legacy planned on using the unsuspecting civilian as a scapegoat for an attempted hack. Planting false evidence on him would pale in comparison to what Brian planned to do once he was in control of the base's operations.

However, the sudden intervention of @donut_danny ruined the most crucial part of his crusade against the Force. Aggravated and insulted by Danny's unintended heroism, Brian clasps his hands behind his neck and tries his best to prevent himself from lashing out.

"You're really letting this detainee in on the mission?" Some time had passed since Danny instructed Earnest and himself to equip themselves with protection. Brian opted for a simple kevlar vest and grabbed the laser gun before Earnest could touch it.

"Whatever floats your boat, Danny. Buckle your seatbelt. We're going to save the day!!" Brian playfully boasted before throwing the laser gun in the back seat and pressing the gas full throttle.

"Before we get there, Danny. I wanted to tell you something. Man to man. Mind to mind." It's effortless. It's an extension of himself. He doesn't break a sweat. He doesn't have to move a muscle. He just has to think a thought that'd be better off left unsaid.

"You ruined my plans by bringing this division back." Brian's quiet rage should feel like hands wrapped around the officer's throat. His frustration falling into Danny's mind like an avalanche.

"I'm the one who's supposed to save Grimm City. Not Evander Slade and especially not YOU DANNY." In a concentrated last-ditch effort to discredit the Force and its operatives, Brian activates the laser gun in the car's backseat. The gun's emission burns through the front seat with the intention of gravely wounding Danny. Throughout this entire ordeal, Brian hasn't noticed whether or not Earnest is inside the car. He knows he was unshackled, but the guy could have made a run for it. His mind has been scattered for the last few hours, but that wouldn't stop Brian from pinning this whole ordeal on Earnest.

"That's why you're going to make this entire situation better and bleed out." Regardless, it was messy of Brian to involve himself so heavily. Luckily for him, the one-sided conversation happened telepathically. To anyone else, Brian would be seen as leisurely driving the car in the direction of the other force operatives. Personally, Brian didn't enjoy showing his hand to Danny. Yet, he did so anyway because he hated the idiot for breaking his A-X Phone earlier. Once the laser did its job, Brian would pull over decide his next course of action based on the aftermath.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@closure: yooooo, that caught me off guard. nice work

Closure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jean_luc_lebeau: thanks :) had to make sure my part of the story had some weight lol

Evander_Slade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Evander_Slade

@connoisseur: and everyone else

The Shade's chest shakes against his will. He saw this in other men but never knew the sensation, knew what it looked like but never felt his own body rattle with the pangs of anxiety. The onsets of a panic attack. It made him feel...weak. Cowardly. Even though mentally he felt ready, prepared for every and anything like a good soldier, his body fought back with fear. His pistols trembled as one stood cocked a foot ahead of the other, "You leave the house looking 99 cents short of a happy meal and gt the nerve to insult me? Put your god damn hands up and get in the ground." He thumbs back the hammers, " Get on the ground, clown!"

Now his knuckles were white under his gloves, "I can feel it. I know what you're trying to do. You want me to feel hopeless, scared. Congratulations. You just joined the list of every other casserole out for my head."

Get DOW-
Get DOW-

He didn't even register it while standing there. Tendrils in the fog of yellowish mist that shot out with the speed of a reptilian tongue for his torso ready to envelop his body and send the soldier to his grave where the ghosts of those he killed sat on the walls of war and waited to judge his entry through the gates that divided heaven from purgatory.

The tar was unforgiving, once he realized what had happened he turned to see Castillo draped in swirls of purple, tightening across her small frame. "NO!" Slade shot up, the fear and panic only amplified now. His own life was never on the table as a chip to weigh and bargain with. Evander has been ready to die since 1996. But this...watching a soldier die on his watch? That put the fear of Jessu in him.

His hands pull frantically at Castillo's rib cage trying to allow air into her chest, a reprieve from the plastic steel that was the X factor clown's appendages. But it was useless. The blood vessels popped from her eyes as they rolled into the pockets of her skull, the white running read as her throat choked for air that her chest couldn't hope to absorb. It was his sister all over again.

The sound of screeching rubber. The blur of green and the vibration of nuclear heat as a green woman irradiates beside him. A mass of metal flies in his peripheral and two thick hands like a steel worker's, green-hued and powerful clamp together and send a wave of audible force at the clown. So many thoughts rushing at his head just beating the percussions of sounds and calvacade of visual stimul to his cerebellum. But one sentence prevailed ahead of the rest. "We got this."

Amin_Karrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Amin_Karrit

Posting soon.

Anonymous3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Question:

I wanted to know if this guy could sort of join?

I was gonna just start getting this guy involved in combat stuff but had another idea, I can have him use the force for more public stuff (most of the IC stuff he'd do). Then he'll just use his more secret identity for the more official government stuff or the occasional thing the force isn't involved in that's a combat or stealth based rp of some sort.

Bogeyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent_sarah_castillo: @detective_whitaker: @_fissure_: @closure: @evander_slade:

For all the terror, the dread and the sensation of hopelessness his extranormal presence cast, it was the Stranger's visage, the cocktail of colors he wore and the cracked, runny layer of white clown makeup on his face that were his greatest weapons in psychological warfare. His green hair stringy and unkempt, his eyes black and featureless like dark tunnels designed to unsettle as his gaze, unblinking and unemotional, fell only on the man he dubbed "Chief", Evander Slade. One arm stretched beyond the limits of human biology, squeezing the life out of one of the Force's officers like a boa constrictor with it's prey, the Connoisseur simply stared, doing all he could to exploit the power of existential affirmation.

Doing all he could for the Chief to stare back into the eyes of he who sought to murder his colleague, for the Chief to meet his gaze and find no recognition of separateness or humanity, for him to find no face and no person, to shake his identity and strip away his sense of control. The makeup, the thick black rims round his eyes, the sloppily painted Glasgow smile that stretched from ear to ear, they were made in design. To form a mask. One that'd work with his esoteric presence and conjure unsettling terror in the minds of those who stared back at him. The Connoisseur's expression was blank, empty and numb, communicating and leaving his intentions, be they good or not, ambiguous. The brains of those who stared into his eyes wouldn't know how to react. They'd grow unsure as to which response best fit the stimuli the eyes fed them. Some parts of their brains would respond with fear, while others won't - and their brains would not why.

No Caption Provided

Here, now, as the Stranger held the Chief's gaze, he sought not to instill the typical fear response, no. Instead, the Connoisseur sought to instill feelings of uneasiness, of terror. For between the mountains of safety and danger, lied a valley of creepiness where the limits of trust and knowledge and security are simply not quite clear.

BLAM!

A car had been driven into him, it's bumper crashing hard into his torso and laying waste to his ribs courtesy of a quick-thinking detective's driving. With every breath, every single expansion of his lungs, the Connoisseur's chest was swarmed with hot grip of pain. His ribs were broken and his toe had been shot by the Chief moments prior. He'd lost his big toe, stripped of his balance and his ability to move normally. And now? His ribs were broken, his breathing was impaired, and his lungs and heart were more vulnerable to blunt force trauma. And as the car sped, it's engine roaring, the Stranger was on the verge of being run over. But he was quick to act, using his complete control over his own physiology to freely manipulate his own body structure, molding himself into a paper thin and flat monstrosity that slid under the car as it sped away. The concrete pavement on his back, he'd finally noticed it. His arm was no longer coiled round his victim and the Force'd been given a moment of reprieve.

Contorting and twisting his own body, the sound of creaking wood following his grotesque machinations of his own body as he lengthened his legs and arms and shrunk his torso, moving it's vital organs to elsewhere on his body. Resembling something of a makeshift spider, he was slow, lumbering forward, his long legs keeping him at a freakish 13 feet tall. He was bruised and bleeding, yet his eyes never left the Chief's. The car collision had dealt him more damage than he'd expected. If he was to continue, he could not revert to his previous humanoid body structure. One leg limped as he dragged himself forward, the Connoisseur's expression never changing as he focused on one word his foe had echoed time and again in their conflict. "Clown", he rasped, "Funny you mention that, Chief. Yeah... yeah I'm dressed as a clown. I have the makeup on", he deadpanned, "And yet, what kind of clown makes people feel miserable? Clowns, they're meant to elicit joy. I suppose you could say I don't make any sense".

"But see.. I do. I, Chief.. am a reflection of all of you. Of how truly ******* insane humanity is", the Stranger asserted, the pitch of his voice never wavering, his raspy monotone ever-present. "Humanity has a cognitive bias", he continued, drawing closer, "Illusory superiority. You like to think so highly of your positive qualities but you never acknowledge your negative ones. No.. of course you're the center of creation, of course the world revolves around you but... our negative qualities are always there. That darkness in the corner of our psyches. That part of you that wishes you could throw away the badge, steal from a bank and never be held accountable. That part of you that secretly wishes you could cheat on your wife and never be found out.. yeah. We all have it. But we don't acknowledge it. We.. reject an intrinsic part of ourselves and create these incomplete psychological apparatuses held back by what you all call morals", he almost grinned.

"But you and your potpourri of pathetic over there, you all take it a step further. You throw on badges and make a living out of defending these morals. You reinforce the status quo of people thinking only of their positive qualities. I may look like a clown, Chief.. but I recognize that the presence of injustice means there is no justice. That having to create laws and law enforcement to enforce them means there are no morals. Humanity, your society.. is just a ******* joke. And yet.. here you stand, staring down the barrel of a gun in the name of all that is good. That to me, Chief, is a clown". Ah but just then, a shock-wave rippled through the air, cutting all tension and all dread as it shattered the glass on buildings, shook windows, made the ground tremble and violently blasted the Stranger across the battlefield with an explosion of heat and sound. He was injured now. His body littered with open wounds and broken bones. He could not continue.

"I"LL KILL YOU!", he heard roared at him by an emerald she-beast. Groggy yet his features still held in earnest, the Connoisseur deadpanned, "Would you be surprised if I said you won't?", he asked, struggling to his feet, his long legs trembling before, in a last ditch effort, he spun round, flinging chunks of his own flesh in the form of large albino leeches that'd latch onto the flesh of every Force officer in the battlefield and suck out their bodily fluids, leaving dried and dead husks in their wake. But he could do nothing more, now in his condition, not as his legs could barely support him. Blood dripping, his respiratory system failing, the Connoisseur again altered his body structure, shrinking and thinning himself as he slid through the grates of a storm drain, escaping.

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Zauberin  Moderator

Wait, badges are included? I didn't even know that!

God, I wanna kill this guy! But whenever he does him, in whatever iteration, Impero gives Connie such charisma that I can't help...but to like him? Like I almost wish I was a bad guy.