ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By ThisIsGonnaHurt

@dragonfang_:

Penumbra Baza. That's what he had grown accustomed to being called here in the dark corners of society. He purposely disguised himself, created fake names wherever he went, and trusted so few people he could count them on one hand. The air grew thick, the atmosphere changing slightly to fit the mood of the downtrodden gathered here. A corrupted den of greed and petty grudges, though it never left the front door and spilled into the house itself. This seemed a sacred place for the brokenhearted. It respected values, silently admiring the brighter things in life such as the gleam of a fresh bottle of booze stricken with a layer of misty condensation.

Baza, his real name Dmitri Kosokov, his identity known to only a few living people, watched from a booth along the wall. He kept his eyes on all newcomers to the lower tiers of society. Through the door came all manner of creature, poor and rich, young and old. This place harbored them all. He did not make a single sound. From behind his elaborate disguise, the only clue to him being there could be the familiarity one had with his eyes. That maddening swirling pattern, forever corkscrewing down into the depths of his infinite capacity for murder, often drove sane people mad with fear and dread. Yet they would not be able to recognize who he really could be unless they were capable of withstanding that harsh and overwhelming aura of bloodlust. From that point until their dying day, they would know his name. They would know he would be watching them until their grave closed behind them.

But he sat there knowing exactly what he wanted. Eventually, it came waltzing through the door with a similar aura to his own - only this one bled freshly.

The mythological figure of the criminal underworld had found his next item of interest. He stood up slowly as to avoid gathering attention, which he often did. It only stemmed from his upbringing as a natural-born killer that he would step around without making a single noise. His tangible greed for violence became noticeably suppressed. Even to highly-trained fighters, he would be practically invisible. That is a technique he learned a long time ago, through trial and error. Warriors often trusted their peripheral vision more than their forward sight, and their mental image of the battlefield more than that. They could train themselves to project a sight beyond sight, understand what crept up behind them based on their other senses and understanding of their surroundings. That provoked Dmitri to learn how to do this, to evade all forms of detection on a superhuman level.

He slid into the seat next to the woman with the bloody knife, and ordered something similar to her. His fake face smiled at her, though he continued looking at her from behind his disguise with a dead and hollow expression.

"You must have had a long night," he stated.

"Are you okay? Do you need to go to the hospital?"

Dragonfang_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@thisisgonnahurt:

"Not in a literal sense, probably would usually say I was just getting started any other day." The scarlet haired Bishop remarked, her finger running along the bat styled wing of the dragon shaped throwing blade. "A myth died today, in Gothic though dragons and knights though are highly inconsequential." News in the background recited the fall of the Bishop tower and the fallen Dragonfang and it was said to a point of monotonous irrelevance like all other news. Gothic knew death, even the most oblivious and care free had their scars.

"Emotionally though I'm drained." Her tongue was loose even without alcohol to influence it. She wasn't the most secretive of types having spent all her life free to do as she wished and not worry of consequence. With her dad being tied to criminals the bad people didn't care what she did. With her hometown being Gothic being caught by the cops wasn't an issue given all the other shit happening in the city. Receiving a glass she was swift to let a portion burn her throat and quench a thirst.

"It's my father's blood not mine, and the blade is Dragonfang's not mine." Thoughts of taking on the title lingered in the shadows of her mind. For now though they were just whispers. "Physically all I got is an itch to some new ink." Bothering to finally look up to see who spoke to her she got no reading. He didn't look familiar, but not necessarily unfamiliar. He also didn't look particularly friend or foe, she tried to read people and the environment, here she had nothing though. He was if she had to describe it, a someone, somebody who you saw and ignored. Was that the trick to stealth, was Jessica's game such behavior? Her mind reached for answers but figured tonight wasn't the best time for her to hypothesize. "Sorry don't think we've met. Taylor Bishop I'm not a familiar face to this part of town."

Avatar image for impossible_girl
Impossible_Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonfang_:

Baza sat and listened to her ramble on, feigning interest. Her fingers were thin, but strong. She clung to the weapon in her hands as if she were magnetized to it. Whether or not this came out of familiarity and comfort for a great loss or a natural tendency towards using it in combat, the Face-Changer did not guess. He hardly even cared. With the arrival of his drink, he decided on a little test in order to play with this creature he found in the darkest corners of societal decay.

His amber eyes darted towards hers, imitating something akin to friendship and honesty. In actuality he concealed the biggest clue to his personality as well as the greatest chink in his otherwise flawless armor of disguise and intrigue. The killer's instinct, the infinite capacity for violence and his unfathomable bloodlust, transformed into a warm and heartfelt glance - though the spiral into madness still remained, and he looked away at the precise instant he realized their gazes crossed too close together. To add to this instinctual chessboard of predator and prey, he blushed slightly as he did so, though he felt nothing inside.

"I am sorry for any inconvenience," he replied at length "Ms. Bishop? Or might I call you Taylor?"

He took a short swig of his drink. Nothing happened to him, the pleasures of alcohol long lost to his senses. Yet this game could only get more interesting, and he smiled.

"I am Maximilian, an entertainer from out of town. I came here thinking I could cheer people up with my street magic. If only for a few minutes out of their day, they could forget their troubles. That is the lot I chose in life. But Taylor,"

His eyes narrowed slyly.

"If you don't mind me asking, what in the world happened to you tonight?"

Dragonfang_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thisisgonnahurt: (sorry bout the wait work saps a lot of the urge to do anything)

"Call me what you want, I'm always more interested in if we'll be saying eachother's name later." Having always circled the bars, night clubs and many other ways of escaping briefly the cities darker half Taylor had met many people. Half the fun being in learning who'd become familiar and who was new. The blush of Maximilian felt out of place, looking away came off as a shy or embarassed reaction. However he didn't have reason to be embarassed nor the personality that said he'd be flustered by a pretty face. However Taylor didn't know of many who could fake such an action, she was in a city populated by liars and given the night her ability to care was marginal. Despite being observational she didn't look to deep perhaps a fault on her end.

"My idol killed my other idol and then died as well. This city is foul at its core so I never looked at either side as wrong it's what we're born into. But my dad was invested in this city's shittiest people and Dragonfang was out to clean this place up was only a matter of time before this found his throat." Her hand running along the weathered edge of the blade. "I don't know why she died though, I wouldn't expect Jessica Rook to go down in flames the way she did." She polished off her glass before continuing.

"Wouldn't happen to be any magical friends of yours who get off on spontaneous combustion would there?" The idea of bringing a magic to this city seemed futile to her, money was scarce and what money was had probably all went towards escapism. Despite usually being blunt however the recent losses had Taylor doing her best not to be a bitch to those around her. Sarcasm would only bleed into cruelty at the time which she'd prefer not to be.

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers