The Bookshelf-8 AM
The sun was just poking it's head over the horizon in the beautiful state of Nebraska. High in the sky however floated what could be considered the worlds impending doom. Atop this massive piece of land there stood a group of beings. Among them were Arthur and Kaspar Feilhaber, behind them was another five people. They stood ready and waiting, preparing themselves for the coming battle. A woman stepped forward and began to speak.
"Welcome everyone to the party that will mark the begining our fathers resurrection. He will join us once more and aid in the quest of purifying this world. With us we have the necessary pieces to grant him physical power in this world. And soon we will plunge the crystal spire beneath this Island through the door and grant him an escape from his eternal prison. The door to the Life stream is directly below us. We will soon be with him once more."
The group of people let out a cheer, this time a man in a robe stepped forward, taking his place next to the woman and speaking as well.
"If you could please lower the chains, we shall begin. The humans should not posses a force strong enough to destroy us before we can resurrect Father, let alone stop him. Thank Regulus for this valuable information, now prepare yourselves for battle."
A large cranking sound boomed out from somewhere beneath the Island as massive cannons began to emerge from the sides. Each one possessing a large metal point that appeared to be attached to a chain of some sorts. They began to rotate until they were facing downwards and then BOOOOOOMMMM the massive spear heads fired off, the chains trailing behind them.
The city of Lincoln was calm and never too busy, such was the way of the Nebraskans. They never had much excitement in their lives, that was until a few months ago when they were attacked by an alien force causing their major cities to be destroyed. Needless to say the people hoped this would never happen again, their prayers would not be answered today.
A massive chunk of metal struck the ground with insane force, plunging itself into the land before stopping. The shock wave it created was that of a small meteor striking the ground, miles of city were affected by the shock wave. Then more of these began falling from the sky, each one striking the city and claiming hundreds of lives. The only people left alive were the ones in and around city hall, what they saw next, horrified them. Large black chains seemed to be hanging from the sky above city hall. A shadow began to form. It started small and began to grow in size, until it covered city hall in darkness. The people outside saw something they thought was impossible. A massive piece of land hurtling downwards, directly above city hall. People ran but, it was futile, the island slammed into the building. The massive blue crystal beneath it, plunging into the ground just as the massive spear heads had. The Island didn't stop however, it kept going. Digging its way deeper until it struck something. The few who survived thought the day couldn't get any worse, they were wrong. Blue light began emanating from the crater that was just made, it rolled out like a mist that began to cover the land around it. Dead bodies in the mist began to change shape, turning from physical into blue light that floated back down into the mist.
The chains that were now laying against the ground tightened as if they were pulling something up. The island was lifting, every moment the grinding sound from the gears rang out through the city. It would take time however to lift the Island.
- It's finally here, the day I have been hinting at for a while.Its pretty simple, these guys want to resurrect a powerful being to help them take over the world. The way to stop it is to stop them from raising the Island from the ground. This will take about 20 posts time to happen, in that time you people stopping this need to destroy the metal spear heads attached to the chains that are pulling the Island. Heres the catch, in order to get to the chain the person protecting it must be defeated.
- There are 5 chains, each one will be defended by one of the five books.
- Standard RPG rules apply
- Street level characters are welcome, they just may not last very long
- The only time no selling is allowed is in order to save the life of your character. However if you do this, I expect them to leave the thing. They can comeback later though.
- Thats about it guys, any info you need will be in my About me.
- Any other rules you think I should add, let me know.