Avatar image for deactivated-59c71c95bdfbf
Posted by deactivated-59c71c95bdfbf (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Chicago, Illinois: Prime Enterprises Complex

Joseph Octavian, newest director of Prime Enterprises, proudly stood before the whispering sea of citizens present at the complex, preparing to begin his brief presentation and political announcement. Lights flash and cameras rolled at either side of the podium, broadcasting him live on television.

In the face of such a publicly distinguished occasion, he'd carefully selected a fashionable, businesslike garment. And on his shrewd features he wore an amiable grin, seeking to subtly cultivate an inviting air that would beneficially impress upon those attendance, and those watching around the nation.

But deeply buried beneath a masterful facade of geniality and virtues was a thirst for success; a glimmer of excitement that his ambitions would proceed, and a persistent nervousness rising in his chest at the prospect of his immediate actions. This was a bold move, a heavy handed gamble. He longed for glory, to see his name held in renown. He sought to revel in the power that he'd worked for and achieved through covert machiavellianism, to stand among greats as the greatest of them all.

There were no room for mistakes, nor options of failure. This was his moment of significance, and the nation would thrive with the dawn of his success. So, he began:

"In recent years, this illustrious nation and its unwavering people have seen many things: Hardships, change, impossible progression, this list goes on and on. The world has changed in many ways, good and bad, and continues to do so with every passing moment. But echoing the inspirational words of our previous president, Jean Quentin; America remains firm and whole, and advances with every modicum of the much weirder world that comes to light.

"And it is because of these things that I now announce my campaign for Presidency of the United States. I want to aid in guiding this nation to an even greater future; to further cultivate America into a symbol of progression, truth, and objectivity.

"Thank you."

Vote Joseph Octavian for President of the United States.
Vote Joseph Octavian for President of the United States.

Avatar image for devil_by_design
#1 Posted by Devil_by_Design (171 posts) - - Show Bio

You have my support.

#2 Posted by Beremud (622 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this guy.

#3 Posted by deactivated-59c71c95bdfbf (159 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Lichter (5808 posts) - - Show Bio

@highborne:

Prime Enterprises Complex; immediately following speech

"Mister Octavian! Mister Octavian! What would be your policies concerning the Andromedans?"

One of many questions shouted by the swarm of news reporters, asked in regard to the appearance of the new extraterrestrial presence in Earth's atmosphere, could certainly make or break Octavian's campaign.

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
#5 Posted by Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds (3392 posts) - - Show Bio

My Luthor character DIED when he ran for POTUS.

#6 Posted by Beremud (622 posts) - - Show Bio

@highborne: We should talk. I prefer staying out of the spotlight, but I might be able to support your campaign.

#7 Posted by Last_Guardian (32162 posts) - - Show Bio

@highborne:

An intrepid reporter elbows through the crowd of press and raises her hand in an attempt to grab the presidential hopeful's attention. "Mr. Octavian, what is your stance on the Gothic City crisis? Are you for or against reinstating Gothic into the union?"

#8 Edited by deactivated-59c71c95bdfbf (159 posts) - - Show Bio

@beremud:Neat-o. Drop me a PM whenever.

@lichter said:

@highborne:

"Mister Octavian! Mister Octavian! What would be your policies concerning the Andromedans?"

One of many questions shouted by the swarm of news reporters, asked in regard to the appearance of the new extraterrestrial presence in Earth's atmosphere, could certainly make or break Octavian's campaign.

Difficulty containing a smirk, Joseph spared the reporter a glance. "That's certainly a good question, but one lacking sufficient information regarding these Andromedans to answer. Rest assured, this will be resolved come the negotiations in Washington DC."

@highborne:

An intrepid reporter elbows through the crowd of press and raises her hand in an attempt to grab the presidential hopeful's attention. "Mr. Octavian, what is your stance on the Gothic City crisis? Are you for or against reinstating Gothic into the union?"

Courteously shifting his attention to the undaunted reporter, Joseph considered the question for a moment. "Ah, Yes, Gothic City. I have carefully considered the city's ongoing hostilities. My stance? In its current state, I don't think that Gothic should be returned to the Union, yet. However, I also don't believe the city should be left to fester and rot. Abandoning the city to tear itself apart is exactly what lead to terrorist such as Satar to rise. That is why, should I be elected as President, I aspire to shift a good deal of focus onto reconstructing Gothic into the great city it was intended to be.

"With the collaboration of various efforts, actions can be taken to cleanse Gothic; to heal its economies and root out the organized criminal threats. With those measures, I see a bright future where Gothic can be restored to the Union."

#9 Posted by Last_Guardian (32162 posts) - - Show Bio

@highborne: (You're in top form today. Good answer.)

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
#10 Posted by deactivated-59c716930b8a6 (9227 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Sun_and_Moon (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice.

Posting mine in a few hours when I'm on a computer.

#13 Posted by Backstabber (6897 posts) - - Show Bio

You get my vote pal, That is if I voted!

#14 Posted by Lance_West (576 posts) - - Show Bio

Lyin' ass.

You got my vote.

#15 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmm.

#16 Posted by deactivated-59c71c95bdfbf (159 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Beremud (622 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

Hmmmm.

.... do I gotta threaten Catriona?

I can see you'll be needing the deluxe security package, then.

#18 Posted by deactivated-59c71c95bdfbf (159 posts) - - Show Bio

@beremud: Make it a premium, ain't takin no risks, lol.

#19 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio

@beremud said:
@highborne said:
@mercy_ said:

Hmmmm.

I can see you'll be needing the deluxe security package, then.

Would not help lol

@mercy_ said:

Hmmmm.

Cat's not necessarily public knowledge....that being said if you wanted to try going that route...I would be happy to put that immortality to the test. Mercy already gave Stark his deathblow for that...she'd be happy to take down a second presidential (hopeful) figure for doing the same :D

#20 Posted by Beremud (622 posts) - - Show Bio

@highborne: Metahumans, mutants, aliens, extradimensionals, one-eyed, one-horned, flying purple people eaters; my troops can handle it all.

Loading Video...

#21 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio

@beremud: Didn't I kill a bunch of your people on a couple of occasions?

#22 Posted by Beremud (622 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: Yes, but quantity has a quality all its own. >;)

#23 Posted by deactivated-59c71c95bdfbf (159 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Gale_Xanders (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

@beremud:Neat-o. Drop me a PM whenever.

@lichter said:

@highborne:

Difficulty containing a smirk, Joseph spared the reporter a glance. "That's certainly a good question, but one lacking sufficient information regarding these Andromedans to answer. Rest assured, this will be resolved come the negotiations in Washington DC."

@last_guardian said:

@highborne:

Courteously shifting his attention to the undaunted reporter, Joseph considered the question for a moment. "Ah, Yes, Gothic City. I have carefully considered the city's ongoing hostilities. My stance? In its current state, I don't think that Gothic should be returned to the Union, yet. However, I also don't believe the city should be left to fester and rot. Abandoning the city to tear itself apart is exactly what lead to terrorist such as Satar to rise. That is why, should I be elected as President, I aspire to shift a good deal of focus onto reconstructing Gothic into the great city it was intended to be.

"With the collaboration of various efforts, actions can be taken to cleanse Gothic; to heal its economies and root out the organized criminal threats. With those measures, I see a bright future where Gothic can be restored to the Union."

In her private suite at Jurassic World Gale was in the middle of watching the news and eating a completely amazing, still sizzling stake. Her glass table was operating as a massive computer screen that updated her on everything occuring in the park currently while a holographic display floated in the middle of the room broadcast the news. At first she basically ignored the candidate's announcement, right up until Gothic City came up as a question. She glanced up from her table and put the glass of wine she was holding down. "Oh really." She commented dryly. She tapped a digital display button on her table.

"Ma`am?" A male voice asked, the voice of her personal secretary.

"Send a call through to whoever is running Mr. Octavian's campaign indicating I'd like to speak with him over the phone about his Gothic proposal." She said.

"Right away." He replied and the line went dead again. She returned to has glass of wine and shifted her gaze back to the security feeds of the park. The candidate would likely contact her eventually, she'd spent a great deal of money on a campaign in the last election after all. As a major donor, she expected the various candidates to be seeking her money, if not her open endorsement.

#25 Posted by Beremud (622 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just going to go ahead and assign Ms. Onaga to you. I'll have a look at the roster and add more on an as-needed basis.

#26 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio

@beremud said:
@highborne said:

I'm just going to go ahead and assign Ms. Onaga to you. I'll have a look at the roster and add more on an as-needed basis.

Kinda makes me wanna do something.

#27 Posted by Darkchild (43002 posts) - - Show Bio

Be the better Luthor (not the BvS version please)

#28 Edited by Below0Gaming (1024 posts) - - Show Bio

@highborne: I like you, maybe you can strengthen the nation in the eyes of other governments.

#29 Posted by Arquitenens (12058 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:
@beremud said:
@highborne said:

Kinda makes me wanna do something.

Heh, you two are giving me interesting ideas.

#30 Posted by Beremud (622 posts) - - Show Bio