Avatar image for ashley_knightfall
Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Working tirelessly night after night with her own personal bodyguards, Ashley was so close to creating a vaccine for the CR-833/A. Yes the outbreak had ceased with the exception of a few cases that popped up here and there. But a vaccine still needed to be made. The parasitic virus was relentless and creating a bacteria from the mold that grew from the corpse of dead lab rats is actually what helped develop the vaccine. But with every version of the vaccine created, it would either just kill the patient or cause organ failure to the liver, kidneys or lungs. The one vaccine that caused the least amount of issues was the vaccine that caused excessive flatulence with acute appendicitis. Not sure how the two directly related to each other, other than the fact they’re both related to the GI Tract but that vaccine was tossed as well. They were now testing CR-833/A Vaccine number 157. 157th time's the charm, right?

She refused to leave her lab, running only on coffee (Yeah yeah she fell back into her coffee addiction) and the sandwiches brought in by So-so. Who also for some reason kept bringing her a canned beer? She wasn’t exactly sure what that was about. Suppose it was her way of trying to keep her unstressed? As if that helped someone else she spent time with. But she refused to leave the room if it wasn’t to go on a food/coffee run for Ashley. She also kept looking down at her phone, as if expecting someone to contact her, but she never once heard her phone go off. Nicole was also taking shifts watching over Ashley but was also running around grabbing supplies for her and giving the daily report of what was going on in the hospital when Ashley would take her ten minutes to focus her mind on something else here and there. The two would occasionally do very simple tasks for Ashley in the lab, like wipe down equipment, check the status of her lab rats and so forth, but the heavy lifting was done by the Knightfall Saint.

No Caption Provided

Ashley right now was taking her 30 minute nap. Nicole and So-so were setting things up for Ashely’s next 24 hour run of work when Nicole noticed something different. The vitals of the labrats (or Basil, Stuart, Despereaux,Jerry and Maisy according to Dr. Knightfall) … they were… pretty much normal? She last checked them 10 hours ago and wasn’t due to recheck them for another two hours, but she couldn’t help it. She walked into the area where the lab rats were being held and all five of them seemed to be… cured. Heart rate was on the lower of the tachy side, oxygenation levels were in the mid 90%, blood pressure was slightly lower than they would have liked but it was better than the hypertension they were experiencing just 10 hours ago.

“Ashley.” She whispered as Nicole began poking at the doctor who was slumped over in her computer seat with a neck pillow cradling her head and her arms crossed along her chest. “Ashley.” Whispering a little louder she began shaking her a little more, but still no response. “ASHLEY!” Nicole shoved the doctor this time, causing her eyes to shoot open as she sat up straight in her seat.

“What? What’s the matter?” She picked up her tablet as she looked down to see that there was still fifteen minutes left in her nap.

“The lab rats, you need to look at them.”

These are accurate?
These are accurate?

Ashley frowned a bit. “Nicole, I'm sorry but I don't feel like playing these games…” she swiped a few things on her tablet that then pulled up the vitals of the lab rats. “Wait…” She looked back at Nicole. “These are accurate?”

“I mean… I think so.”

“I think we found our vaccine!” Ashley jumped out of her seat as she rushed over to where the lab rats were being held. All while still having the neck pillow on. “Basil, Stuart, Despereaux,Jerry and Maisy if you guys are teasing me right now I am not going to be amused.” She slipped on several gloves as well as the final glove that was thick stainless steel chainmail glove. Opening one of the boxes she picked up Basil and began examining him. Aside from looking a little tired (Which she related to very much) he looked to be doing well. She then moved on to Stuart and Despereaux, Jerry and Maisy and… well... they were all better. Blood work was done on all of them and after several more hours later a conclusion had been made. The creation of a vaccine for theCR-833/A had been made.

Getting on the phone with the CDC, who she had been working with, she began to explain her discovery and began sending all of her data to them. It was now up to them to recreate it and distribute it to the public. Her work was done. Well… almost done. She gave an injection of her vaccine to herself, Nicole and So-so. She wouldn’t distribute it to the public, not on her own. But there were a selected few that she wanted to get the vaccine as well. She would make sure they would get it.

Avatar image for addison_hopewell
Addison_Hopewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We're SAAAAAAVED

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ohhhh, gonna steal it, make a killing on the black market.

O__O

OR! Think I just found my Ada bait.

Beremud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso said:

Ohhhh, gonna steal it, make a killing on the black market.

O__O

OR! Think I just found my Ada bait.

Clearly, some enhanced security will be called for...