The Court of Courts

• 83 results
High_Queen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Following The War of The Kings (Ages Ago)

I'll lock it away
I'll lock it away

The Universal Judges were created to maintain balance within the Universe, but the High King, The King, and the Queen killed themselves trying to obtain absolute power over each other. On a scale this Grand the Judges were not all-powerful, they decided the outcomes for many worlds, many realities many Universe; however, here in the Court of Courts they too remain ignorant to the power of the Creation Gods.

The War cause palpitations across the entire Multiverse, but when the cosmic dust settled; the final judge remaining was Ishara--The High Queen.

Ishara pace back and forth hands pressed behind the small of her back trying to piece together the facts. "No one us saw the signs," She said being forced to bow in the presence of her own creator, Like she, in their pure form the Creation/Destruction Gods had no faces they were pure energy. Their very presence could reduce mere mortals to ash; they held more power than she, as they were the mother and the fathers of all creation.

"Of course you didn't. There are things at this level that are beyond the watchful eyes of the Judges. And rightfully so. Across our Multiverse, there are...anomalies that would rather see Destruction rather creation. This book is to be kept in your library in the throne room. Ishara it is of great importance that this book never allowed in the hands of the mortals. For the Great Calamity shall overtake the cosmos."

Present Time: Court of Courts

Speak...now
Speak...now

She'd been away for quite some time, a lot longer than she anticipated hunting down the Calamity Queen. The moment the Highest Queen grace the floors of the Cosmic Court she could tell something was off.

Instead of Reverence, there was fear in the atmosphere. The Librarians hesitate to speak, normally she wouldn't care, but the encounter with the Calamity Queen left the already spiraling Queen on the edge of registering on the emotional scale.

"Speak now" She commanded without opening her mouth. Her words dug deep into the brain of the librarian until they could no longer resist her will.

"Y-Your Majesty, there was a skirmish here at the Court! Maya Liafador and Zeon Liafador fought to the death; somewhere in the battle. Zeon Liafador sent the book off world."

Ishara's head tilt back in understanding, this was the one thing her parents asked her to safeguard, and now it was gone. She didn't understand why they loved this Universe, and the planet so much--it was much more trouble than it was worth.

Balling her fist the High Queen reduced the librarian to ashes within minutes, mercy compared to most other's got. Her stride increased toward her throne room to see for herself, however, she was halted by the Power Princess herself--Maya Liafador.

He's on the way
He's on the way

"Your Highness" Maya spoke slightly bowing in the presence of the Multiverse Judge. Leonel once thought they should fight back against the Queen against Maya and Alexis will, with Zeon having secured the book it seemed as if a confrontation with the High Queen was mounting.

"Give...Me one good reason why I shouldn't reduce you to dust" Ishara spat staring dead into Maya's eyes with her own scowl of disgust.

"Simply put you need me" Maya replied confidently towering above the High Queen with an astute gaze. "How else do you intend to find your precious book? whoever Zeon gave that book too can't read the language the book is in. Which means she's going to need a Universal God. Do you know any Universal Gods?"

It was Rhetorical Maya already knew the answer, and so did Ishara. "Y..." Ishara hisses the simple letter bringing a foul taste to her mouth. "Not just Y, but if it is who I think it is? she's already begun working. That's how efficient that woman is." Maya explained trying to buy a little bit more time to find the book.

"I know, but how can you help? I can feel her in your veins she's had you before. Which means she can have you again."

"Don't you worry. He's on the way"

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@high_queen:

Months had passed now since the Court of Courts first bathed Earth in the glow of it's celestial authority. It was a symbol, of a cosmic order to be respected, and rules to be followed. Many broke them, and few believed in them. And Thee Champion, for all his virtue and steel, did not believe in them either. Yet every waking moment his mind pulled back to thoughts of the High Queen and the divine judgment she had come to pass, Thee Champion wondered if it was the last he'd ever see of freedom. As he lanced through the skies of New York, glancing at rows of skyscrapers that dared graze the clouds, he imagined it no longer mattered. A force beyond his measure had called for him, and he answered.

No Caption Provided

He soared till the doors to a house of gods higher than him parted open. Thee Champion slowed his glide, and his scarlet cape spread wide like an eagle's wings braced for landing. Inside, the Miracle Man walked, striding through a library with books that smelled of years Earth was too young to know. Passing his gaze over the books around him, the steel in his eyes gave way to a glint of curiosity. Yet as he sensed his daughter's presence nearby, it faded as quickly as it had come. Looking ahead to the spiraling staircase he knew led to the High Queen's throne room, Thee Champion strode on. Climbing the steps to a place seen by few, billions and trillions of thoughts raced through the Miracle Man's mind. But his expression betrayed nothing.

He was strong and held a commander's calm.

So as he pushed open the doors to Ishara's throne room, he did so with neither fear nor hesitation. His shoulders stood broad, his back straight and regal, and his chest wide and strong. He felt the stares of librarians too struck by fear to speak in the presence of their queen. He ignored them all. Instead, his eyes fell first on Maya, his daughter. The strength and certainty she radiated thickened the air. She'd long become a master of her powers and a scholar of all things cosmic. Thee Champion smiled, genuinely. He was proud. Yet as his eyes swept to Ishara and the throne she sat on, his smile receded.

"High Queen Ishara", he greeted, with a nod instead of a bow. Yet the longer his gaze held her, the more Thee Champion saw the lines of stress on a face so beauteous and otherworldly it glowed. The face of a cosmic goddess looked human. "The tension in the air, your librarians too frightened to speak, and the anger in your eyes", he noted, stepping forward, "I was led to believe universal gods were above such things. Emotion, I mean. Yet, here I am and there you are". Pausing as though to allow his words to sit in her mind and ease even a modicum of her stress with reason, Thee Champion spoke on.

"Something's happened".

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#53 Feral Nova  Moderator

>_> Alexis is away from home >:D

Maya_Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

>_> Alexis is away from home >:D

If Zeon knows what's best for her, she'll leave Maya and Tassi alone lol

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Feral Nova  Moderator
High_Queen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Feral Nova  Moderator
High_Queen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thee_champion:

No Caption Provided

The Queens Throne Room doors burst open, following a gust of wind came Thee Champion. Like a general of Earth, he marched before the High Queen and simply nodded.

Ishara, unmoved by his appearance simply nodded back, assuming that this was the person Maya previously mentioned.

The Champion was able to pick up on her slight change in demeanor. For a moment, The Queen's eyebrow narrowed as she gazed upon the Champion of Power and his Power Princess, but it eventually subsided. "I was away dealing with an incident in Lord Nordok's Imperium" Ishara's hands moved to the side and the Frozen Calamity Queen appeared out of nowhere. She'd stopped the Savage Queen from causing any more harm but was now dealing with a new issue altogether.

"I return to find out Maya Liafador and Zeon Liafador has battled in my Court. Most Importantly, a book of the highest degree has gone missing. A Book I was to protect.

Ishara stepped down from the steps, preemptively the Power Princess stepped in between her father and the Queen crafting a durable shield. Ishara's movement in anger caused a devastating pressure to explode over the area reducing all the unshielded Universal Librarians in attendance to cosmic dust. She didn't care, she wouldn't care.

"That book in the hands of a mortal means nothing, but that book in the hands of a deviant Universal God threatens that fabrics of the entire Multiverse" She explained stopping at the edges of Maya's shield. The Queen took a moment to inspect the durability of Maya's shield, she nodded in respect. She only knew of few with enough power to tackle a Universal God--much left a Judge of the Multiverse...most of them seemed to originate here.

"Zeon Liafador stole the book. I am the least of your worries if that book falls into the wrong hands. if it's not returned. I will have no choice but to reduce this planet, this galaxy, this Universe to ash until it's recovered"

Avatar image for perdidacardenal
PerdidaCardenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Zeon Liafador stole the book. I am the least of your worries if that book falls into the wrong hands. if it's not returned. I will have no choice but to reduce this planet, this galaxy, this Universe to ash until it's recovered"

Image result for oops gif

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@high_queen:

The Abyssal Imperium. A darkness that consumes those who dare pave the way for peace in the cosmos. It was an enemy of his son, and by proxy - his. Yet it was his nemesis that emerged from the air. Shayla. Unconscious and in stasis, she was a ghost come to haunt his every waking moment.. He had done battle with her before, and lost. Thee Champion would make no such mistake again. Because of her, his children had been forced to devote their energies to steering him from the coma she'd dropped him in. He drank in the sight of her, and surrendered to the scowl storming on his brow. He should kill her then and there. And had reason not overtaken him, he might have.

No Caption Provided

But his mind could do nothing but pull back to the words they'd had when their battle shook the heavens. Shayla was hateful, vindictive, but not mad. Within her lay a spec of something Thee Champion had seen all too well when she kissed him and wondered aloud about the love Ziccarra had for him. Perhaps it was a something he could nurture and exploit, if she could be convinced. Though as Ishara stood from her throne, the Miracle Man swept his eyes back to her and answered the High Queen's march with defiance. Where there'd been fear in her librarians' eyes, there was only steel in his. He feared no tyrant, Universal God or not. Thee Champion watched Ishara make ash of those who served her so loyally, and the parallels between her and Nordok grew strong. As strong as the shield Maya had cast around them.

It was odd. For a father to be protected by his daughter. For so long it had been his role, but as Maya stood between a power that could snap universes like twigs, it was clear to him. Maya was far beyond him. Hers was a power in a realm of it's own. And he was proud.

"I am the least of your worries"

"You've never been the most of my worries. But perhaps you should be the most of your own", he noted. "When I first met you, you were anything but this. Now, you're ill-tempered, impulsive. Unbecoming for someone whose station is so high. But I've been told you take on the traits of those whose presence you mingle for too long in. And the Imperium's effect on you is apparent". Uncrossing his arms, Thee Champion conceded to the threat of universal destruction. "In any case, I'll find the book. And kill Zeon. This has been a long time coming".

High_Queen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thee_champion:

No Caption Provided

The High Queen scowled, who was he to think he could speak to her that way? This was a "god" losing his ability to care about the people he was raised around--The Irony.

"I may not have been your worry then, but if you don't find my book. I guarantee I will be." Her voice laced with the deadliest hiss the kind that a mother would before she punished the unruly child. He was right, but she couldn't see it. Her time in this universe was making her susceptible to emotion, it was making her angry. And like the worlds lost in the War of Kings quickly found out an Angry Judge was death.

"Your clock is ticking," The Queen said quite literally as a massive counter clock appeared above the threshold of the door.

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@high_queen:

"Your clock is ticking"

No Caption Provided

From the folds of empty space, a massive clock rolled into view to make a mockery of the seconds racing away from him. He glanced at it, found peace in whatever fate he'd made for himself, and answered Ishara's fury with the same cold steel blade he had once kept sheathed for so long. "As is your godhood". The flaring temper, the brewing frustration, the emotions on her sleeve, Ishara was acting less and less a High Queen - and more mortal, more human, by the day. Spinning round to give her his back, Thee Champion strode to Maya's side and his face softened.

"Take care of yourself. We'll speak soon", with a father's kiss on her forehead, he lanced out Ishara's throne room, leaving his daughter behind to wonder about the mortality of Zeon. She had killed her, and was certain of it, or at least, she had been.

High_Queen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By High_Queen
No Caption Provided

The High Queen sat on her throne eying the Doomsday clock, at this moment she'd done her best to uphold the code bestowed upon her--to maintain impartiality. But the book was gone, her brothers and sisters were dead, and to top it all off she'd already spent a ridiculous amount of time in this Universe.

Birth by the Gods of Creation and Destruction to uphold the balance of the multiverse. The Book was missing, someone in this universe, on this planet had it. And because Thee Champion hadn't delivered on his promise The High Queen had no choice but to execute her duty. "Prepare to return home" She commanded of her librarians all the while slowly making a fist, as she did so the world, no the entire universe seemingly shuddered under the divine judges might. That is until an extremely rare visitor off-set her powers.

One of the Divine creation beings graced the Court, causing the Supreme Judge to fall to her knee's in reverence. "My daughter, surely you will not sentence the entire universe for the actions of one mere mortal," The God asked. Ishara was admittedly confused, was this not what she was created for?

"Mother, I am to protect creation at all cost, even with destruction. This universe is clearly corrupted. With your blessings, I will erase it. So that they may be more abundant life in its aftermath" Ishara pleaded. The High Queen was a being cursed with knowledge, but the Gods? they knew and understood the story of creation. They knew about the "gods" on Earth being their gifts, they also knew about the beings in the universe they personally expelled. Beings far stronger than Ishara.

"At this time I will not bless this motion. You have one of their beings. Use her, give them an incentive to try harder"

As you wish mother
As you wish mother

Avatar image for the_championess
The_Championess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

The moment the Librarian opened her cell door, the Calamity Queen sent her energy beam plowing into the Universal God disintegrating him on impact.

Back in Prime? Shayla was one of the most powerful beings on the planet, her Ninjan biology already made her extremely difficult to combat. Now she was an entirely different being, having absorbed Alexis Pettis it was quite hard for anyone to distinguish the former Alien Queen from a Universal God.

Walking from her containment cell her eyes fell on The High Queen, there was a small portion of the blonde beauty that wanted to send an energy wave her way, but she found out first hand just how powerful Ishara's reach extend. Plus if The High Queen was having her containment cell opened that must mean she was needed.

"People have been trying to get rid of me ever since I came to this universe, but someone always needs me for something" Desperation, carried a certain smell. To a woman like Shayla, she could smell it on a person like perfume. Somewhere between their first encounter and now, The High Queen was backed into a corner; and as a result, was now forced to turn to her for help. "I'm just assuming you have a Liafador problem, that seems to be the only reason anyone comes to me"

Shayla was born Ziccarra Liafador, The Ziccarra Liafador of Earth-Prime. The same woman who began the Trinity and then led an All out Ninjan Assualt on Earth. She was the basis for which every Universes' "Ziccarra Liafador" was created, and in that same token--their greatest foe.

No Caption Provided

"My Issues transcends the Liafadors for now." Ishara rebutted executing a few hand gestures that sent a weird wave of energy over the Calamity Queen.

"There is a book missing, one that apparently has even my parents worried. Which is odd because they create the stories. In any case, Thee Champion was supposed to retrieve it for me. He has failed. Now you will level this planet city by city until I have my book back."

Shayla knew Ishara had placed some weird spell on her, it was the only way The High Queen could speak so confidently about her helping. "No one ever uses me for my brain, but whatever. I'm going to need my costume. And where would you like me to start?"

"Start here or here"

The second location was a weird spot, especially for a Universal Judge to care about, but the reluctant Calamity Queen nodded in agreement. At least this way she could do what she did best. Destroy.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh boy. 0.0

Oraculi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh boy. 0.0

someone got rekt harder THAN rEAVER

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Feral Nova  Moderator
No Caption Provided

Blackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maya_liafador:

The First Knight of Entropy came not in cosmic spectacle - but silence. He glided out the folds of space-time and reality gasped in a moment of collective dread. Light glimmered on his chrome body, and every particle in the air surrendered to a fear older than the universe they called home. In the sky above, Blackstone hovered, twinkling like a faraway star. Yet in his haunting glow there lay a blackness. A promise of ultimate decay. Of the maximum entropy that would make a true void of this universe. No energy transfer, no thermal interaction. No galaxies and stars. No planets and life. And no particles.

Only thermodynamic equilibrium.

No Caption Provided

He was a beautiful monster known only in the most ancient of cosmic lore. So, he sailed the skies of this world. It was teeming with life and the grand flair of civilization. The board he rode lit the air with glowing streaks of white, and as the pedestrians below cast their eyes up in awe, Blackstone stared back in pity and guilt.

He was damning them all. Their proud towers would crumble, their great labors forgotten, and their reality - their universe - turned to dust. Yet as his board rode the ripples of space-time, Blackstone's greater senses caught a familiar flare in the cosmic ether.

Universal Gods and High Judges.

His eyes swept the streets of the bustling city and sighted the luminous doors of a library never meant for a world this mortal. Duty gave way to curiosity and intrigue, and Blackstone strayed from his path. The doors to the Court of Courts parted open, and he swept inside.

Maya_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackstone:

No Caption Provided

"Today is my father's birthday. I have so many memories that should bring a smile to my face but--"

The Cardinal Goddess stopped mid-sentence as her head turned skyward, her eyes peering past the structural integrity of the court to the celestial being descending from the heavens.

She wasn't the only Goddess' to take notice all the Librarians did as well.

"That can't be good"

She said a loud tracking the energy signature from it's entry to its position at the front door.

Ishara, The High Queen of the Court of Courts was currently in another part of the Universe. Maya was tasked by the Immortal Judge to find the person that stole the God-Killer book.

His chrome body cleared their line of sight, and all actions within the Court cease; all eyes on him. The Librarians knew him, feared him even. Maya stood ignorant but curious as to why he was here, and why the Librarians quivered in his wake.

" Something tells me, you're not here for a library card" She called out stepping forward to entertain him since none of the seniors could.

Blackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Blackstone

@maya_liafador:

Gliding through the air, his mind and senses intimate with the world around him, Blackstone met eyes with a soul - the only one - who dared approach him. There was a glint of starlight in his gaze, and the glow of curiosity in hers. He felt the invisible energies crackling all about her, and glimpsed at their power over the immutability of material truth. She was a reality warper. Hands kept behind his back as light clung to his chrome skin, Blackstone felt a sea of guilt rise over him. Here, before him, stood a woman, hungry for knowledge and brimming with a power possessed by few, and there he was - heralding the end of her universe.

"Something tells me, you're not here for a library card"

Her words echoed clear, and the bells of intrigue rang loud. Blackstone answered with a shake of the head. Glancing at the librarians and studying their fearful gazes, he spoke.

"It seems you're the only one who knows not why I've come".

His voice flowed with a lurid beauty, and his eyes glimmered with guilt.

"I am Blackstone, First Knight of Entropy. And I'm here because your universe - like many before it - has been chosen for thermodynamic equilibrium".

"Your galaxies will collapse, your stars will burn out, your planets will crumble, and all life, all particles, all things - will cease".

Words he had uttered in universes a trillions times over.

"And they will never be again. No energy transfer, no thermal interaction. Only maximum entropy".

Then, a furrow of the brow.

"High Queen Ishara is not here. Lord Entropy will arrive in the coming month".

Maya_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackstone:

No Caption Provided

She followed her eyes back to the librarians, he knew, but she didn't--their fear was not for themselves; rather her and this universe. These being would be safe as soon as the Court of Courts retreats to another Universe.

Maya's eyebrow rose to full height as he mentioned the coming of Entropy. Confusion settled upon her face, she absorbed all the knowledge she could inside this library but found no mention of a being named Entropy. That's when it hit her, the Book Zeon stole; the book that Ishara guarded with her life--it contained the secret.

First, it was Shayla, then it was Nordok, then it was Ishara; now Entropy? They couldn't get a break. Maya's eyes rose from her thoughts to ask a question albeit one she probably knew the answer to.

"So you've to come to tell us it's futile to fight. Tell me, other than being the bearer of bad news what role will you play in the coming conflict. Also, The High Queen Ishara...is she powerful enough to stop Entropy?"

HumansFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never saw this before! Your ability to dive into matters of the divine and the metaphysical is seriously inspired. I love this.

High_Queen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never saw this before! Your ability to dive into matters of the divine and the metaphysical is seriously inspired. I love this.

THANK YOU!

Blackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maya_liafador:

Futility was something that Blackstone knew well. In becoming the first of Entropy's knights, he had surrendered any and all sovereignty. He had been chosen and refusal was beyond his station. He was given no choice, for he had none.

"So you've come to tell us it's futile to fight"

"Some things are beyond our position in the cosmic social strata", Blackstone answered, glancing at the matrices of life glowing in the folds of space-time. Often, his time was spent in the inert void of universes claimed by thermodynamic equilibrium, to witness the intricacies of information processing like life was a privilege, even for an immortal as distant as he. Though as he returned his gaze to Maya, the Black Light Lord pulled his mind back to the matter at hand.

"A series of events are set to transpire. My role is to ensure that they do so uninterrupted". Though as Maya's question hung in the air, Blackstone's calm and matter-of-fact flair gave way to the subtlest of smiles.

"High Queen Ishara is a Universal Judge. Powerful but still the child of a God of a Destruction or Creation. Lord Entropy is above her station".

With a gleam of pity, Blackstone held Maya's gaze, "You have the power to forge a universe of your own. You should flee and create a universe of your own for this one is marked for decay".

Maya_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackstone:

No Caption Provided

For the first time in many months, Maya's face cracked with emotion--worry. She didn't believe that they were expected to just lie down and allow this...Entropy to unchallenged over their universe.

"If you're here to make sure that happens uninterrupted then that means I must oppose you" Her eyebrows narrow with the defiant demeanor. She recalled this same situation from not long ago, then it was her brother Leonel challenging the authority of the High Queen Ishara. But Blackstone's revelation hindered any thought that she could defeat him here and now.

"H-He's a God of Destruction," Maya said understanding now. This wasn't a Universal Judge, a Universal God or the likes of Y Intercept. This was a being credited with destroying the very nature of creation.

"Flee for what? So that one day everything I create will turn to ruin at the hands of a bored god?" She spat back a bit peeved. Maya was a "God-Touched" much like most of her family, but she inherited almost a direct lineage to the Creation gods, though her power was raw and untamed. She could never create with such detail as they.

"You've must've seen this before, there has to be a way to give us a fighting chance. You mentioned thermodynamic equilibrium, can't we offset the balance somehow?"

Marcques_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I do want to dip my toe in the cosmic pool of creation and destruction. This is both too compelling and well thought out for the likes of Marcques to muck up with his mortal hands

Blackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maya_liafador:

A fire of defiance crackled in her eye, and though Maya stood ready to give her soul for a universe damned by forces impersonal and beyond, Blackstone was melancholic. For a moment, he closed his eyes shut, cursing himself inwardly for the role he played in cosmic ruin. Blackstone had been damned to witness an endless loop of universal decay for however long eternity stretched. And in watching, he had seen Maya's reaction more times than her universe had years. Defiance, refusal, opposition instead of defeat and hopelessness. It was admirable.

But futile.

"You cannot", he answered, his eyes black despite the light flaring from them. "Your universe will not be the first to resist and fail - nor will it be the last".

"You cannot"

His heart, or whatever lay behind the space-time barrier he called skin, sank in despair, and a glimmer of sympathy broke free.

"I take no pleasure in the role I play. But like you, I also haven't a choice", indeed, for Blackstone was little more than a glorified slave chained to the destructive whims of Lord Entropy.

So while he stood with the grace and purity of light, he was nothing. Less than nothing.

"Flee for what? So that one day everything I create will turn to ruin at the hands of a bored god?"

"Such is the experience of all cosmic creators".

Yet Maya persisted, daring to fan the flames of rebellion in Blackstone's heart. The thought did not escape him, for he had considered it for years too close to infinity to be numbered. But he could not, could he? "You would have me turn against Lord Entropy?", he asked, a pitch of astonishment in his voice as he weighed his next words, "What you ask of me is blasphemous. I am his servant, chained to his will. I cannot act against him".

And yet, Blackstone paused, as though he were searching for an answer he knew better than to share with her. But as his appreciation for the beauty of a living cosmos outweighed his forced obedience to a deity he despised, the Black Light Lord relented.

"Lord Entropy is as much a lover of games as he is destruction. To alleviate the boredom of eroding universes with a thought, he at times devises games... tournaments where the universe being groomed for destruction can send it's greatest warriors to. There, they do battle with Lord Entropy's chosen, be they his other knights or warriors from other universes he claims he will spare should they win".

"Offer him such entertainment.. and your universe might be spared. But be warned, all who have tried in the past have failed. And you are too low in the cosmic strata for him to acknowledge. Such a suggestion can only come from High Queen Ishara".

"What is your name?", Blackstone asked, for in remembering it, in preserving it's memory, she - and a part of her universe - would live on.

Maya_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackstone:

How Many
How Many

Maya's head tilts making intense contact where she thought his eyes were, it was unusual for anyone to tower over her, but here he was ironically taller than her and telling her something much larger was on the way to make her feel that much smaller.

She was too tall to act small. "My name is Maya, Maya Liafador. But you speak as if your every thought is propelled by this Entropy, if that were the case then kill us now. Since it's not, you're a living creature choosing slavery. You're as dead as the people you've come to condemn."

She said before turning back to the Universal Librarians with a question. "How many of these conflicts have you run away from? How many Universes were free of judgment but ultimately ended by this...Entropy?"

Their silence heralds her answer. They never intervened, they didn't care."You're all cowards" She hissed before turning her attention back to the chrome messenger.

"You know why you've seen this scenario so many times? Because anyone would rather fight and die. Then to lay down and accept such a grim fate. The High Queen Ishara would never agree to do something so partial" The bit on Ishara was true, she was sure her time her sway her to favor the destruction of this universe they'd never be able to convince her to speak on her behalf.

"You, you have the ability to gain audiences with the ancient ones. Go to those who would oppose Entropy. The Gods of Creation; ask them to appeal on our behalf."

Maya absorbed all the knowledge the library had to offer, she knew for some reason the Gods favored this universe. "If you can't help us, at least give us a chance to go down fighting"

Blackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maya_liafador:

No Caption Provided

The weight of accusation - of anger - behind Maya's words did not go unnoticed. And in the ticks between seconds, his mind wandered through a sea of memories. Was he an ancient alien chosen from a forgotten cosmos to be the first of Lord Entropy's knights? Or was he created by Lord Entropy himself to be his first and most tortured servant? He could no longer remember. Perhaps it had been too long. So, as Blackstone and Maya met eyes once more, he did not protest her words, for doing so would change nothing, and mean nothing.

"That is something I came to accept long before the first condemned accused me of such. Living is no purpose of mine, heralding it's end is".

It pained him, and his lips thinned at the thought of playing his role in yet another one of Lord Entropy's cosmic games. The beauty of a living universe was vibrant and mesmeric, but according to Lord Entropy, an abomination. An aberration in the way of every universe's ideal state of existence, that of thermodynamic equilibrium. Though as different as Blackstone's views were, opposing his master was an unthinkable sin... yet one that grew more tantalizing with each doomed universe.

"Cowards? Perhaps they have more courage than you realize. They cannot do anything to oppose Lord Entropy. And I fear that that is the truth", he paused, "At times facing the truth, instead of denying it, is the bravest thing one can do".

Holding her gaze - his eyes of starlight, and hers of defiance - Blackstone glimpsed at the energies within her for a second time. She was a descendant of the Gods of Creation. The glow of divine beauty rode her skin at all times, and the power to remake worlds sparked at her fingertips. That one from such a cosmic dynasty would perish was regrettable but inevitable. But still, she fanned the flames of rebellion in him, and more and more Blackstone felt compelled surrender.

"If it were my decision to make, your universe would live, and many others would never have perished. But it is not my decision to make. I am bound to my master's will by cosmic sorcery. Only in freedom can I defy him".

"So, no. I will not go to those who would oppose my master, as even they will think twice before opposing him themselves. But", he sighed, yielding to the kindness buried deep within, "Find High Queen Ishara. Tell her Blackstone seeks an audience with her. Perhaps then I can assist you".

Avatar image for catalina_liafador
Catalina_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should have a post up shortly

Maya_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@blackstone

Maya shook her head in disbelief, more so at the thought of lying down to accept the fate Entropy presented. Then she took a moment to understand the opposing perspectives. He was a being that only knew the destruction Entropy could bring. She was a girl born in a world powered by hope; believing that at the end of the day when her back was pressed against the wall they'd see it through.

"I will find the High Queen. I'll send her your way. You start thinking about what you wanna do for the rest of your life. Because Entropy? is done for.

Blackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maya_liafador:

The flaming spirit of belief burned bright in Maya's eyes. It was vibrant, and crackled in stark contrast to the cool starlight from Blackstone's gaze. Answering Maya's determination with a nod, Blackstone now knew to await the return of Ishara. Yet as Maya dragged his mind to thoughts of a future he did not have, a furrowed brow broke through Blackstone's legendary calm. "Life? I have no such luxury", he smiled, in defeat to a loss he had suffered eons ago, "Once Lord Entropy learns of my part, indirect or not, in offering you even a glimmer of assistance in undoing his work, I will cease to exist".

"There's a cruel irony to your words. I need not think of what to do with my life when I've just surrendered it to this universe in the hope that you and High Queen Ishara play your part in keeping your reality alive".

Hands clasped behind his back, his chrome body caught a stray ray of sunlight, and Blackstone vanished into the folds of space-time to explore a living universe with the little time he had left before his master's arrival.