#1 Edited by _Dirge_ (3668 posts) - - Show Bio

Jerusalem.
Jerusalem.

Jerusalem. The modern day city of God. Not long ago, a supernatural splinter sect of The League of Shadows took refuge here. The Devil's Head at the time was Dulhamit Aensland. The half brother of the previous Raysh Al Shaytan, Abigial Aensland. His first order was one that brought wrath and ruin to the League. Those within the League that had a shred of the arcane in their veins were exalted. Those that did not were to be purged. Many were, but not all, and thus The first Shadow War began. What was once one faction fractured into three. The traditionalists that survived were led by The Mourning Sparrow. My sworn brother. The last faction was led by Sah Ed Valam. A man who thought that he above all should have been given the mantle of Raysh Al Shaytan.

I remained on the sidelines during the first war. The most of my involvement was a meeting with The Deceiver, Dulhamit. He lied to me, told me that Abigail Aensland had been killed by Charlemagne LeBeau. And so, I tracked the Ultra Sapien down to Venezuela. It was after I had killed him that I had learned that Abigail was still alive. Her mother, Emilie Aensland told me the truth. That her son had used me as a pawn in his schemes. So I absolved myself of the League and once again drifted from place to place. I wasn't there to see how the first shadow war came to a close. I know that Sparrow came out on top, baring the mantle of Raysh Al Shaytan. That Sah Ed Valam had created the Society of Shadows, and that Dulhamit had vanished.

The peace could never last, it was only a matter of time before another war broke out. The second war centered around Abigail Aensland and her mother Emilie. To be honest I don't know why I answered Sparrow's call. He wanted to meet me here, in Jerusalem. I came expecting to face a trial from my former sworn brother and the remaining elders. I couldn't have been more wrong, for I found myself stepping on to another battlefield. Sparrow was defending Abigail and Emilie against The Black Sun Sith, Ali Sani Bashir. And The False Shaytan,Sah Ed Valam. Both men were under the orders of Ezra Strix, I imagine Ali owed the patriarch a debt. And what Sah Ed Valam wanted was clear. He wanted the mantle. He wanted the League.

Things did not go well. Sparrow was killed. Emilie was taken. With Sparrow gone, I was asked to bear the mantle of Raysh Al Shaytan. I never wanted the mantle. It was a death sentence. But at that moment in time, I felt like there was no other option. Mia, Sparrow's heir was still young. I would not subject her to the burdens of The Mantle. Not while I yet lived. So I took the title. I told myself that I would be The Last Raysh Al Shaytan. That if I survived this, I would disband The League. That those who yet live would be free. That was before Ali and his Shadow Fiana had decimated the League. Those of us on Sparrow's airship, and scattered around the world had survived. But the majority, they were cut down. The main temple that once housed, trained, and produced some of the greatest assassins of our age was now nothing more than a derelict tomb. The relics and storied history contained within were put to flame. As for the Socieity of Shadows, Sah Ed Valam had apparently sacrificed those who had sworn their loyalty to him in the pursuit of an alliance with Ali. Like that, The Society of Shadows was destroyed, and the League was awaiting the final nail in it's coffin.

I tried and failed to convince Ali to betray Strix. Eventually I fell to Ali's tactics and was imprisoned and forced to face the dark confines of The Brick. Upon my release I learned that Ezra had made Emilie a amputee. Whatever trust Abigail had in me was gone. And that the remnants of the League had been scattered to the winds. Three years have passed since then. The scars of the second war had forever marked us, but not weakened us. In that time I focused on rebuilding the League. The Remnants had become nomadic clans given one singular goal. To recruit and train a new generation of Shadows.

And here we are again. Back in the outskirts of Jerusalem. I've been meditating for hours. Recalling every misstep that has led me here. It wasn't long before I heard her silent steps. Sparrow's heir, and mine, Mia. She slowly approached me.'

That's why we're here.
That's why we're here.

"The clans have answered your call. They will reconvene, but only here."A sigh escaped the cursed Celtic's lips as he stood to his feet. "I had hope that such traditions would be discarded in favor of a more practical location. Clearly, I was mistaken."The palm of his hand now rested on the hilt of the Devil's Fang. "You knew this was a possibility. That's why we're here." Vincent merely nodded his head in agreement. "Aye, That's why we're here. Have our scouts set up a perimeter. It'll be a few days before the clans arrive. It's time we reunited. One clan. One League."

#2 Posted by Surkit (12447 posts) - - Show Bio

You don't miss a beat do you?

#3 Posted by Zauberin (6115 posts) - - Show Bio

Nevermind, I'm ashamed. v_v

#4 Edited by _Dirge_ (3668 posts) - - Show Bio

@surkit: I can't tell if that's a compliment, or sarcasm lol.

#5 Posted by _Dirge_ (3668 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Evander_Slade (312 posts) - - Show Bio

@_dirge_: Compliment, you haven't written a post in what, years? Yet you came back to it with the skills you had when you left.

#7 Posted by Zauberin (6115 posts) - - Show Bio

@_dirge_: I don't wanna write anything anymore ever because you did that. After laying off.

#8 Edited by _Dirge_ (3668 posts) - - Show Bio

@evander_slade: I've heard it used both ways lol Appreciate the compliment. I'm still rusty though.

@zauberin: Hush, you'd be great ^_^

Avatar image for deactivated-59c71b4425224
#9 Edited by deactivated-59c71b4425224 (369 posts) - - Show Bio

:O :O :O :O

#10 Posted by _Dirge_ (3668 posts) - - Show Bio

@archivist: Did I get everything right regarding Sah Ed Valam?

#11 Posted by deactivated-59c71b4425224 (369 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by _Dirge_ (3668 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by deactivated-59c71b4425224 (369 posts) - - Show Bio

@_dirge_:

I feel this calls for some form of plotting and scheming on my part :P.

#14 Posted by _Dirge_ (3668 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

@_dirge_: Summons the current Raysh to a conclave

I have a job for you Shaytan.
I have a job for you Shaytan.

#17 Posted by _Dirge_ (3668 posts) - - Show Bio

@jean_luc_lebeau: Attends out of curiosity. The Cursed Celtic merely removes his hood.

"I'm all ears."

#18 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

@_dirge_: Reacts with a physical motion that could subtly be construed as a gesture of acknowledgement. A nod, if it were. "Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jean Luc LeBeau and you.....you are dee mighty leader of assassins no? Dee illustrious Al'Shaytan, dee Devils Favorite Demon. I too know a bit about dee burden of such prestige. An assassin above any other is legend, and legends are immortal. I wish to procure dee services of dee League, fooooor dee foreseeable future. To act on my behalf and protect my considerable assets. In return I can offer dee League da necessary time I know you desperately need to regroup as you unite dee assassins under one preeminent rule." folding his metal arms across his chest, the trademarked facial plate of worldly notoriety ominously foretasted the LeBeau Legacy's expressionless arrogance. As if put off by the fact that the assassin had not immediately bowed and payed homage to the fact of having been in the King of King's presence.

#19 Posted by _Dirge_ (3668 posts) - - Show Bio

@jean_luc_lebeau: "Vincent Harrow, at your service."It was always a LeBeau. Or a Knightfall. Still, this one was different. The Stoic Shadow's posture never shifted. Vincent remained idle as he listened to the rich timbre that the so called King of Kings spoke with. Listening for any elevated notes that could foreshadow an upcoming assault. "By your own admission, I assume you a know great deal about the League's current standing. More than most. You know that we aren't whole, not yet. I need more then the allotted time you intend too give me to reunite the clans. I need a safe harbor for my people. Something that can weather the coming storms. Someplace long forgotten by the annuals of time. A chance to truly rebuild. Can you offer me such a place, Jean Luc LeBeau?"Vincent doubted it. Such a concept couldn't be given. It had to be taken.

#20 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

@_dirge_: Beneath his iron veil the Father of Lies grinned with a confident response. "But of course mon ami. I know of just dee place."

#21 Posted by _Dirge_ (3668 posts) - - Show Bio

@jean_luc_lebeau: "Awfully quick to answer, friend."The Cursed Celtic merely shrugged his shoulders. "Fine. I accept your proposal. Just as long as it's beneficial to the League."Vincent didn't want this deal. He didn't want the League, he didn't want the title. But it was his, and as long as it was his, he would be different the previous Shaytans. He would place the League's well being above his own wants and needs.

#22 Edited by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

@_dirge_: Poor Vincent. Always stuck in a no win situation.

#23 Posted by _Dirge_ (3668 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

@_dirge_: They say death is just the beginning.

#25 Posted by _Dirge_ (3668 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

@_dirge_: The mercurial mystic elevated his chin with a sense of anticipated accomplishment. "You're use to being used, tricked and manipulated. Unable to trust even dee simplest pleasures life has to offer. Poetic in its own tragic irony." Raising his arm as a symphony of megatronic sounds began to resonate from the LeBeau Legacy's metallic forearm.

"I have seen a hundred different realities and a hundred different Universes..."

Transforming and pulling itself back to reveal the Universal enigma's tattooed forearm. "You recognize dis, no."Nodding towards the intricately tatted sigil of the LaS, Les Assassins Silencieux. "Bares a striking resemblance to dee sigil of dee infamous League of Shadows, does it not?" Allowing the sight to be fully digested before telepathically recalling his metallic sheath. "I have seen a hundred different realities and a hundred different Universes, and in dem all you and I are aligned." Slowly letting a slight chuckle thunder beneath his mask.

#27 Edited by _Dirge_ (3668 posts) - - Show Bio
The Mark of Cain.
The Mark of Cain.

@jean_luc_lebeau: The Dublin Devil tilted his head as The Mark of Cain began to stir. His dark, dull expressionless eyes were suddenly enveloped by a blood red glare as the Mark took hold. With his cursed sight, Vincent focused on the overly detailed inked sigil that Jean Luc now displayed. Only a fool would discredit the sigil. It shared to many similarites with the LoS brand that Vincent once had on his forearm. The Cursed Celtic shifted the gaze upward and was almost blinded by the amount of energy that coursed through this LeBeau and his armor. The closest thing to a basis that Vincent could compare the signature to was that of the Brick's. And even then, it was completely different. "It's true. You're not of this world."

The mark quickly subsided, as adrenaline flowed through out Vincent's body. His heartbeat now erratic, he let out a deep sigh as he tried to slow the fire that now raged through his veins. His clenched his shaking fits. He would have to feed the Mark. It's hunger for death was only getting worse. Using it outside of combat was no longer the most ideal tactic. Not anymore. "If what you say is true, then why even bother with this world. With this reality?" He spoke through gritted teeth. "Apologies for the tone. It's not directed at you."

#28 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

@_dirge_:

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈∞∞∞∞∞∞≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

No Caption Provided

Jean brought his arms up and his finger's dexterously began to rhythmically bend and twist in some sorta of weird concert of esoteric coordination. A dazzling array of circular patterns and shapes began to cast a series of luminescent symbols around his wrists and dancing digits.

Within seconds the unlikely pair were transported to the keep of the legendary cathedral of magic, the Monstessi DaBrickashaw. "Leave dee Universal quandaries to me my old friend. For now, you should become reacquainted wit your new home."

#29 Posted by _Dirge_ (3668 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

@_dirge_: Good. Dhen I have a mission for da'League. I need them to travel Here, and bring back dee hybrid; Cassius Knightfall.

#31 Edited by _Dirge_ (3668 posts) - - Show Bio

@jean_luc_lebeau:

"Fine."

"Fine." Vincent loathed the idea of spending another second in the Brick. Giving his past experience. "The famed Knightfall tactician. He's not the most trustworthy of allies. Not suggesting that's the use you have in mind for him." Upon hearing Cassius's name, Vincent couldn't help but recall his time spent in Mexico with the man in the red mask, Lucien and Lilly LeBeau. Cass's betrayal only furthered Lucian's unstable mind "But if he's who you want, then he's who you'll get."

#32 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

@_dirge_: (nice call back. gives me ideas to run with in the future. had forgotten the Lucian stuff)

#33 Posted by _Dirge_ (3668 posts) - - Show Bio

@jean_luc_lebeau:

It's the only interaction Vincent has ever had with Cass. At least from what I can recall. Only made sense to pull from that call back.

#34 Posted by _Dirge_ (3668 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumping for future use.

#35 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

I was asked to bear the mantle of Raysh Al Shaytan. I never wanted the mantle. It was a death sentence

This was such a cool line.

The whole read was great too. Vincent is an extremely deep character. There are all these nuances to him that I love. Seriously, great work. Not just with this blog but with the character as a whole.

#36 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1670 posts) - - Show Bio

Grif is one of CV's consistent best writers.

#37 Edited by Maalik (862 posts) - - Show Bio

Vincent is already a favorite of mine. Loved the interaction here.

#38 Posted by _Dirge_ (3668 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for ellie_knightfall
#39 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (5022 posts) - - Show Bio