Avatar image for ashley_knightfall
#351 Edited by Ashley_Knightfall (890 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald:

“You’re not going to lose me.” She whispered, crouching down so that she would be at his eye level. “I’ve survived worse than her, I’ll be fine.” Her hands were still grasped onto his own, his grasp was strong, but she could feel the tremble from the pain. The Knightfall’s heart ached, she wanted to make him better right now. But the healing gel she was working on was still very much in the prototype phase. She was going to have to bring come of the infusions over to the Cave tomorrow. “But, I promise to be careful. I won’t do anything to endanger my staff or my patient’s. OR myself.”

That'll be... fun
That'll be... fun

If there was one thing she learned about the Knightfalls of this world, they were not the most trustworthy group of people. So for this woman to already distrust Ashley, wouldn’t be stretching it. A majority of the Knightfalls of this time were only influenced by self-interest and power. It was something she was trying to reverse in the Nightfall image. Because of this, she needed to make sure nothing was going to cause suspicion of this were to work. Bringing Kellan to the Catholicon (even disguised) would draw unwanted attention, no matter how careful the two were. Treating him here at the Cave was going to be the best bet. She gave a nod of her head, agreeing with him about the Catholicon. “I’ll do what I can with the supplies we have here, but tomorrow, I’ll be sure to bring over some cytokines and begin treatment.” She then stood back up, still holding onto his hand. “Train me?” She gave a half smile. “Well, alright, that’ll be… fun.”

“Now.” She released his hand as she positioned herself behind him, wrapping her arm around his torso and under his arms to give him support. “Let’s get you to the med-bay. I don’t like seeing you like this.” The Knightfall Saint would assist him to the med-bay even if he would attempt to oppose. She was on a mission, and that was to fix her love.

#352 Posted by Grimmwald (2665 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall:

"You're not going to lose me"

Those words. Their echo. Scarlet eyes meeting Ashley's blue, Kellan felt the guilt swell in his heart. Squeezing her hand with every trembling ounce of the feelings he felt for her, the Horned Saint shut his eyes and sighed, "So that's what it feels like". Opening his eyes to hers, Kellan's brow and eyes softened, "I'm sorry. The fear of losing someone, I almost made you go through that, I could've died and no one would've known for days... maybe weeks. That's not fair to you, Ash". Hand still trembling, his fingers intertwining with hers as the pale light made her eyes seem like crystals of ice, Kellan smiled, the curl of his mouth small but genuine and warm. "I'll work on it. I promise".

"I'll try not to go too hard in training", he chuckled, wincing as the pain from laughter swarmed through his chest and sides. "Damn.. it still hurts to laugh". Feeling her hand slide from his, Kellan couldn't help but chuckle at Ashley's arm wrapping round him from behind, "I didn't think you'd be this forward", he quipped, his smirk playful before he clung to his girlfriend. Struggling to his feet, the Horned Saint felt the cane drop from his trembling grip, "Ah shit... I'll.. I'll pick it up later". Helped to the med-bay where plastic sheets hung from the rocky ceiling, Kellan limped towards a hospital bed. "I've never been to a doctor before, well... except this one time at the Catholicon when I broke my arm", he paused as Ashley helped him lay down on the bed. "My doctor was good. Kind of hot. I think we even kissed at one point", he joked, fighting the surge of pain in his chest with each chuckling breath.

"I managed to remove some of the bullets. But a lot of them are still there", he winced, glancing down at his bloodied gut, the sharp pain of broken ribs drawing yet another wince. "And the one in my thigh is still there too".

#353 Posted by Ashley_Knightfall (890 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald:

“Stop making yourself laugh.” she spoke softly a subtle smile on her face. “If I didn’t know any better I would think that you actually enjoy being in pain.” she snapped on a pair of gloves as she began to slowly uncover the wounds. Her face was as emotionless as a stone as she looked at the several bullet wounds along his body. But inside, oh god, her heart began to quicken. How did he survive this? How did he not bleed out somewhere? Her hands began to gently press around the wounds, seeing that his wounds were still in fact oozing even after all this time. There were wounds that had entrance and exit to them, some that only had entrance to them. She could feel the crepitus along his chest wall indicating fractured ribs and lord knows what else that was going on inside of him. She had already had one love. But at least with Brain, there was communication. With Kellan… there was none.

She walked over to the counter and slipped off her bloody gloves, grasping a needle and a vile of medication and drew a small dose. It was a pain medication, non-narcotic because she had a feeling Kellan wouldn’t want something that could diminish his senses. “Its a non-narcotic” She spoke softly. She walked over as she slipped on a new pair of gloves and with a small alcohol swab, she gave him the injection, even if he opposed her to. He was in too much pain.

It was several minutes of silence as she waited for the medication to begin to kick in as she slowly ran her fingers through his hair, trying to comfort him before she would begin. Conflict was seen in her eyes as she was quiet. She then reached for his hand, and looked up to him. She couldn't hold it in anymore. “You can’t do this to me again Kellan.” Her voice cracked, just a bit at his name. “I’m your girlfriend and I deserve to know when you’re going to go on these… suicide missions.” There was a hint of distress in her voice, not so much anger just… emotional distress. “I know, you’re not used to this, to us, and I’m trying to be understanding because I know your life has been anything but normal. But I need you to try too. Please.” Her voice calmed down at the end. “I know that our line of work we can be killed or sacrifice ourselves for the greater good at any moment and I’m not upset at that. That isn’t new to me. But I just want to know when you’re deliberately going to be jumping feet first into hell. You don’t have to give me all the details if you don’t want to, just… please let me know.”

#354 Posted by Grimmwald (2665 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall:

Head hung back and his eyes closing shut as he lounged in the soft embrace of a pillow, Kellan breathed in and summoned what he'd learned from the meditation of his Strigidae days. Self-control. Self-mastery over pain. Over the pain that swarmed so hot through his gut and leg that his dermal senses began to fail him. The vibrations, he couldn't feel them as well. They bounced off his flesh, but his brain could make nothing of them. It was white noise. And his brow couldn't help but wrinkle in frustration.

"It's a non-narcotic"

He heard it. The familiar sound of Ashley's voice floating to his ears. Eyes opening to meet hers, Kellan caught the sight of his girlfriend piercing a needle through his skin. "Ashley...", he began, voice low and warmer than usual. Yet as he struggled to find the words, he felt Ashley's fingers run through the dark curls of his hair - and her words pull him back to reality. The hand that'd just examined his wounds now held his, and he couldn't help but squeeze as the emotion poured out her eyes and voice. The lump in his throat was thick, and his heart sank from knowing what he'd put her through. The emotional upheaval, the worry, the heartache, Kellan saw it in her eyes as much as he'd heard it in her voice. It's time, he decided. Kellan trusted no one. No one but Richard, Tessa and Ashley. He guarded his past, his entire self like a shield does it's wielder.

Richard and Tessa had been by his side for years. They were his family. With them he'd tasted the sweet fruit of success and the bitter taste of failure. With them he'd faced the grim specter of death and lived. Yet as he held Ashley's gaze, as he looked into the blue eyes of the woman who embodied the moral redemption he sought, who was the goodness and kindness and purity he aspired to have, he saw the woman he wanted to be with, the person he wanted to be - and someone he trusted. "I promise, Ashley. To let you know. I won't do this again, not without telling you first. You know I care about you right?", he paused, squeezing her hand harder, "You have to know that. I care about you a lot. And my feelings for you are strong. But this... people caring for me like this, it's new to me. I'm a little broken", he confessed. "When I was a boy, I didn't have a mother or a father. Only the Strigidae. Only that brutal Spartan upbringing that all Strigidae are raised by".

"You wake up, if you're hungry, you have to fight for food. If you fail, you're thrown into a cave with the other kids who failed. And you're kept there for days with no food. Punishment for failing. If you want to eat, fight or die. That was my life. If you're scared of drowning.. they'll force you under the water until you're not scared anymore. If you show weakness, if you show fear, you're punished", Kellan paused, scowling, the memories haunting him, his eyes darkening from it all. "We had no one. Because in the Strigidae, you are no one. You're only your rank. You're taught one thing. That you come into this world on your own, and you'll leave it the same way. I never had anyone that cared if I got hurt, not like this. Not till they're telling me to not do something because I'm hurt. If I had a broken bone, I had to fight through it or else. They taught me that shit when I was five".

"I'm broken, Ashley. There are things about me... I'm not normal. But I'm going to try and be better for you. I will, I can promise you that. I just need you with me for this. I'm kind of new to all of this", he almost chuckled, his smile weak as the pain began to fade. "I'm trying. I'll try for you. I'll be more open with you. I don't want to lose you".

#355 Posted by Ashley_Knightfall (890 posts) - - Show Bio
You're not alone
You're not alone

She stood and listened, attentively, their hand still holding onto one another as she looked into his crimson eyes. Kellan was the first man she had opened her heart to since the death of Brain. There have been others to tried to swoon her, but none were successful, but Kellan… there was something in Kellan, something… good. She felt it. Even through all the suffering, all the struggles, all the darkness he was born and raised in, he still had good in him. A lump formed in her throat and tears began to build up in her eyes, but she refused to allow them to fall. She cleared her throat, forcing the lump away, forcing her to regain some composure she had. He needed her and likewise, she needed him. “You’re not alone, you have Richard, and Tessa and you have me Kellan.” She gently lift his hand to her lips and kissed it softly. “I’ll be by your side.” She vowed to him as she lowered his hand back down. “And you are someone. You're a hero the people who are helpless. You're the punisher to those who do wrong. You're a brother to Richard and Tessa. And, you're my boyfriend, who I care so much about. Letting go of his hand she down upon his broken body. "Now... let's fix you, ok?"

She began evaluating all the wounds once more as she grabbed a few instrumentation. Forceps, tweezers, sutures, saline, gauze, pressure dressings and so forth. Then she began her work. One by one she began to pull out the bullets, ever so careful, not wanting to cause more harm to Kellan. She couldn't suture the bullet wounds, but she made sure to clean every single one of them and any other lacerations that weren't bullet related, she sutured with care. This reminded her so much of the time she first treated her brother, Quintus. He would lay on the table and she would be there, suturing his wounds, while she was still in med school. He gave her all the practice he needed for her to succeed. She couldn't help but give a small smile. She missed him... so much. But she couldn't talk about this with anyone. No one, with the exception of Ishmael, knew who she really was. Not even Kellan... she needed to tell him, but not tonight. Tonight was about him, not her. "I'm going to bring over some of the infusions tomorrow for you, ok?" Her eyes shifted over to Kellan's eyes. She needed to distract her mind with small talk. "I need to bring over some equipment over as well, so I'll be here early to get that started for you. Give me a few days, and soon you won't need that cane, though... it did grow on me just a bit." She joked, giving a small grin.

@grimmwald

#356 Posted by Grimmwald (2665 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall:

There was no mistaking the humidity in Ashley's eyes. Or the emotion washing over her face like a surging tide. Squeezing her hand and stroking it's back with long and soft brushes of his thumb, Kellan watched as Ashley regained her composure. And he couldn't help the warm but weak smile on his face. "You're a strong woman, Ash. That kind of self-control, you could almost say it's surgical", he smirked, head shaking as the joke dawned on him, "Bad joke, I know", he shrugged, unapologetic, still smiling as he felt her lips graze the back of his hand with a kiss. Richard, Kellan could never forget - would never forget. They were brothers in everything but blood. His first friend, his first true bond. But like him, Richard was raised by the harsh hand of the Strigidae. They'd glance at one another for injuries, they'd risk their lives for each other, but neither had ever told the other to keep from something due to injury.

They weren't trained to. They hadn't been raised to. And Tessa was no different. A sister, a younger sibling he'd shadow and protect - but still a fighter. Still a Spartan. And he trusted her, with his life and his fears. It was only her whose computers he trusted, whose machines he didn't feel had been secretly breached by their enemies. Because she was good. And she was Tessa. His sister. But no one looked at him the way Ashley did. No face had ever been as wrinkled with concern for him as Ashley's was. She was girlfriend, but as she lowered his hand and her voice floated to his ears, she felt like so much more. Like the warmth the ice water in his veins had needed for so long. "I look up to you", Kellan confessed, eyes up at the rocky ceiling, his face wincing here and there as he felt Ashley pluck the bullets out his mangled gut. "When I first saw you...", he winced, a subtle sting swarming through a gunshot wound as Ashley plucked a bullet free. "When I first saw you, I thought you were beautiful. Nice eyes, nice lips, good bone structure", he paused, "But beautiful woman are everywhere. It's when I learned about you. When we talked that I realized I was in trouble", he joked.

"What doctor, let alone a Knightfall, does so much for so little? Only you", he smiled. "You treat people - anyone - who comes to you. For free. Maybe being Knightfall rich helps", Kellan chuckled, his voice raspier than usual, face still wincing here and there from the wounds and injured ribs. "You help people in the most dangerous city in the country. So dangerous it was once abandoned by the government. You went and helped all those people in Grimm City. You did the government's job, for free. Without all the bureaucratic bullshit", he said. "And you do it all and ask for nothing in return. You're the real hero, Ash. I just beat up criminals and hope I scare them enough to keep them from committing crimes again. But you? You actually save lives. You're saving mine right now. You're so good and kind and virtuous... sometimes I think you're too pure for this world", he chuckled, weakly. "I look up to you. I wanna be as good as you are".

Nodding as her eyes met his, Kellan glanced down at his bullet wounds, "Sounds good. As for the cane, it might go well with a suit", he joked, matching her grin with his own. "I don't usually wear them, they're hard to fight in", Kellan quipped. "But speaking of suits, the politicians in Gothic aren't going to do anything to help the people here. And a lot of people here need help, especially the people who went crazy from Konite addiction. I wanted to ask. Have you ever thought about opening a mental hospital? A good one, because Gothic City Asylum is just a torture house in everything but name", he asked, not yet aware of his girlfriend's intention to open a children's hospital in Valor City.

#357 Posted by ParagonxXx (3158 posts) - - Show Bio

21 days since I posted as Reaver in his sparring match with Hawkshade. Does that mean he wins by default since I got no response? ^_^

#358 Posted by Hawkshade (4031 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonxxx: Yeah I completely fell off there. My apologies to you, Drake, Ashley, Grimmwald and perhaps others.

#359 Posted by Grimmwald (2665 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonxxx: Yeah I completely fell off there. My apologies to you, Drake, Ashley, Grimmwald and perhaps others.

No worries, LL. I think everyone had been running low on energy recently.

#360 Posted by ParagonxXx (3158 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: *Hugs* NP, I understand. It's all good. ^_^

#361 Posted by Feral Nova (57404 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't even worry about it man. you good.

#362 Posted by Ashley_Knightfall (890 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald:

It’s funny, in her world, the name Knightfall was a beacon of hope in a world of darkness. Being a Knightfall was a name that people were proud to have and was honorable. But here? Every time she did something that was positive it was always a shock to the public. “But isn’t she a Knightfall?” It was a name that was tainted with fear and dishonor.

Her eyes looked to Kellan. “Kellan… I...” she didn’t know what to say. She didn’t feel as kind or virtuous as he was making her sound. She felt like… she was just doing what she was suppose to do. But his compliments, it made her smile. Was being charming part of his training? Because if it was, it was working. “Thank you. That means a lot, coming from you.”

But then the talk of Gothic came up. A mental hospital? Her brows arched with curiosity. She teased the idea, for a moment when she heard about the asylum break out in Grimm City. But that’s all it was, a teased idea. It wasn’t something she put too much thought into, mostly because she was busy buying an island in Daytonville, making her resort and building Valor City Children's Hospital in the heart of the rising Valor City.

“I… thought about the idea, after the events in Grimm City, you know, when the Asylum there had a breakout. But it was just an idea. Mostly because I was busy building a Children’s Hospital in Valor City.” Her head lifted up, just a bit, a hint of pride of opening a real hospital instead of her underground facility, The Catholicon. She was still proud of her work there, but this Children's hospital was done by the books and approved by the government. It was her first big project that she had done on her own for the public of not just Gothic or heroes, but for any child in the world who was suffering, and it wasn’t easy. There were a lot of sleepless hours and stressful interviews and meetings. It wasn't something she even talked about much. Most of Ashley's work she kept to herself. She enjoyed having projects after projects on the side of everything else. “The Opening Ceremony will be in a couple of weeks. I was actually… wondering…” she became a bit bashful, pausing the work she was doing for a moment as she looked over to him. “If maybe… you would accompany me to the ceremony?” The two, though they have been a couple for a bit now, haven’t actually been seen together as a couple in public. Date nights were usually Kellan visiting Ashley at the Catholicon, bringing her coffee and simply talking about their day. She knew Kellan didn’t enjoy being in the public eye, and nothing is more public than going to a big event that would be televised. “If it’s not something you would like to do, I understand.”

#363 Posted by Grimmwald (2665 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall:

Brow raised, and his eyes lit with surprise, Kellan caught the gleam of pride on Ashley's face and he couldn't help but smile. "Don't go getting a big head now", he quipped, his head sinking back to the pillow, the pain that once swarmed his bullet-ridden gut fading an inch. "I'm proud of you, Ash", his smile warmed and his voice rasped, "You're doing all this good. Not even the government's doing it. And the government's the one with the official responsibility of taking care of it's people. But it's you who I see stepping up to take responsibility". Feeling the sharp ache of his injured ribs, Kellan's smile faded and his brow scowled. He didn't wince, but it hurt. Yet as Ashley's voice floated to his ears, the Horned Saint caught the rosy flush in her cheeks. Injured ribs and all, Kellan chuckled, laughing through the pinch of pain.

"Come on, Ashley", he said with a grin, "In all the time we've been together you've never once asked me to do something for you. Just for you. You ask me for help with things but never anything for yourself. You think I'm going to say no when you finally ask for the first time?", he paused, left brow cocked, his grin widening into a smile. "Of course I'll go with you", he said, his mind already darting to thoughts of how he'd carry himself in public and avoid yielding information about himself. The cameras, the microphones... he hated them. But he'd tolerate them. And as his mind began to forge answers to questions of his relationship with Ashley that'd surely be shoved his way, Kellan's eyes drew Ashley's into his gaze. "I'll need to get a suit. A nice one. But I'm not telling you which one I'm getting. I'll want to surprise you. To see your jaw drop when I show up in a well armored suit of vibranium microweave", he chuckled, his low laughter soon fading, "Kidding".

"I'll wear something nice", he smiled, his eyes lingering on hers before glimpsing at the subtle bags under her eyes. "You're doing it again. Not sleeping", he said, face softening, "All I ever see you do is power nap. You're a doctor so you know your health better than I ever will but - I think it's time we do something about that, Ash. Sleep deprivation was one of the things I was forced to endure as a kid. The Strigidae didn't consider sleep important, at least not the ones who raised me. There were more efficient ways of resting that didn't leave you as vulnerable. Meditation. But not that bullshit that scammers try and sell people on. This is real. It helped me manage my energy levels and rest. Still does. I'm going to teach you how to meditate".

#364 Posted by Ashley_Knightfall (890 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald:

Her face lit up with a smile when Kellan said he would go. She was so nervous about it, she did well under pressure, but speaking in front of thousands? Never felt comfortable with that, but having him by her side, she just… felt like everything was going to be alright. She gave a light chuckle about the armored suit. “Honestly, I wouldn’t mind an armored suit, it’ll draw attention away from me for once. But thank you Kellan. I’ll keep you posted when that comes up.”

Then the conversation shifted, from him complimenting her, to scolding her about her being sleep deprived. She blinked for a moment, being caught off guard. “I’m a busy woman.” she tried to defend herself. “Death doesn’t rest and neither do I.” She said confidently. Though it was true. Ashley didn’t sleep, not like other people. She had an obscure sleeping pattern (if you even want to call it that) that was in line with the Dymaxion Sleep Cycle that was made up of four thirty minute naps throughout the day. While it was good for time management, it was physically and mentally toiling on her. Her chronically tired eyes and almost permanent smell of coffee on her cloths said it all. “I don’t have time to sleep. You see how busy I am. I can’t afford to sleep like everyone else. What if I was asleep during the Grimm City attack? What if I was asleep when you came to Halo Corp? Sleep isn't worth it if it costs a life.” Her Charge Nurse, Lynnette, scolded her consistently about sleeping. But she didn’t have time to sleep. If she slept, who would run her Catholicon? Who would save the lives that came in? Who would here for moments like this when Kellan needed her help? The thought of sleeping in a bed had become a foreign concept to her.

But then, Kellan began to explain a solution to this issue. As her hands continued to work, almost on their own from how routine her work had become, she listened carefully. Meditation? She tried it, or at least she thought she tried it, but she always just ended up falling asleep in the middle of it. But Kellan, his way of meditation sounded like something that may work for her. "Meditate huh? Just a one on one session? You and me? In a room alone without the bullets to keep us company?" She gave a smile as a 'clunk' was heard from one of the many bullets she pulled out of him landed in the small kidney basin. There was just... something about Kellan that made her feel so... comfortable around him. "Sounds like fun." With that her hands tied off one last suture. "Done." she spoke as she got a gauze that was damp with saline solution and began to wipe the blood off his skin gently. "You're still going to have pain, all I did was get rid of the bullets and closed up your wounds. Your ribs however... there isn't a procedure I can do for them right now, but pain medication and the infusion will help. If you want the pain medication that is."

#365 Posted by Grimmwald (2665 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall:

Slowly, the pain searing a path down his thigh dulled - and the one swarming through his gut faded till Kellan wore no wince. The hot ache left to sit in his wounds was no new stimulus. So as his eyes dropped to Ashley's blood-soaked fingers, he watched her stitch up his wounds with a small smile, "You're good at this. I mean, you're a doctor so it'd be awkward if you weren't good at this", he quipped, his smile pulling back into the playful curl of a smirk. "You wouldn't mind an armored suit?", he paused, left eyebrow cocked and his elbows propping him up. "Careful, Ash. That's dangerous talk, I might actually do it. Don't know many women who wouldn't be embarrassed by their boyfriends showing up deliberately not dressed for the occasion", he chuckled, his injured rubs still aching.

But as his low laughter faded, Kellan caught the confident and assertive echo in Ashley's voice, the steel in her eyes. "Ashley", he paused, one hand reaching for hers with a squeeze, his words held behind his gaze before a sigh saw his smile return, "I'm in no position to be telling you about managing your well-being. I mean, I did just get damn near shot to death". Pulling his hand back, he shifted on the hospital bed once Ashley had stitched the last of his wounds. Sitting up, Kellan caught Ashley's smile and answered with his own.

"Meditate huh? Just a one on one session? You and me? In a room alone without the bullets to keep us company?"

"Damn... and I thought I had bad jokes", he chuckled, his hand finding hers a second time, pulling her close till his arm was wrapped round her waist. "Pain is all good. So long as I have you", he said, scarlet eyes meeting her blue, "And Richard of course", he chuckled, "Can't live without my brother. Tessa too. Not sure about Reaver yet", he joked, his laugh flowing low and calm. "Don't worry about the pain. It's not too bad right now. I'm used to it. I don't need pain medication", Kellan asserted, "What're you thinking of wearing for the opening ceremony?", he asked, "So I know if you go blue I can go red", he quipped.

#366 Posted by Ashley_Knightfall (890 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald:

"Damn... and I thought I had bad jokes"

“Oh no, I have many more. I think you’ve met your match when it comes to bad jokes.” She gave a smile as she felt his hand in hers. She stepped close to him as his arm wrap around her, this time not cling for support, but to embrace her. She continued to smile, her hand gently She knew his brother meant the world to him as well as Tessa. Reaver… she had sympathy for Reaver, knowing of his father's past, and cared for the young man. “I know how much those two mean to you and I know they feel the same way about you. You’re lucky to have people who care about you like they do in your life, and they’re lucky to have you as well.” she spoke softly, her hand carefully resting upon his lap as he continued to rest on the bed. “Reaver… he’s is a good kid. Just needs someone to show him the way, and I think Richard is a great person to do so.”

But then the question was asked about the opening ceremony. “Its a uh… it’s a white dress.” was all the detail she could come up with. “It’s… white fabric with… white…” She motioned one of her arms in a way to show it was in the shape of a dress as she gave a nervous laugh. “I honestly couldn’t tell you what kind of a white dress it is, my publicist chose it for me and said that I wasn’t allowed to wear my scrubs to the ceremony, which would have just been so much easier.” Though Ashley had money, she was a much more simple women when it came to such things. Simple was better in her eyes. Scrubs were easy, comfortable and professional. But her publicist wouldn't allow it. "You could show up in jean pants and a t-shirt and I would be happy just to have you there with me." she smiled again as her blue eyes looked into his crimson, leaning in as her lips pressed against his, giving just a soft and gentle kiss.

#367 Posted by Ashley_Knightfall (890 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald:

"Damn... and I thought I had bad jokes"

“Oh no, I have many more. I think you’ve met your match when it comes to bad jokes.” She gave a smile as she felt his hand in hers. She stepped close to him as his arm wrap around her, this time not cling for support, but to embrace her. She continued to smile, her hand gently She knew his brother meant the world to him as well as Tessa. Reaver… she had sympathy for Reaver, knowing of his father's past, and cared for the young man. “I know how much those two mean to you and I know they feel the same way about you. You’re lucky to have people who care about you like they do in your life, and they’re lucky to have you as well.” she spoke softly, her hand carefully resting upon his lap as he continued to rest on the bed. “Reaver… he’s is a good kid. Just needs someone to show him the way, and I think Richard is a great person to do so.”

But then the question was asked about the opening ceremony. “Its a uh… it’s a white dress.” was all the detail she could come up with. “It’s… white fabric with… white…” She motioned her free arm, making a shape of a dress as she gave a nervous laugh. “I really couldn’t tell you what kind of a white dress it is, my publicist chose it for me and said that I wasn’t allowed to wear my scrubs to the ceremony, which would have just been so much easier. But she said 'Over my dead body'." she gave a laugh. "Really though, Kellan, you could show up in jean pants and a t-shirt and I would be happy just to have you there with me." Ashley smiled as she leaned in, her free hand gently reaching for his jawline as she traced it carefully with her fingers before pressing her lips against his in a warm and gentle kiss.

#368 Posted by Grimmwald (2665 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall:

"I think you've met your match when it comes to bad jokes"

Kellan caught her smile and his eyes held hers like his arm did her waist till his mouth pulled back into a playful smirk, "Well, as you know, I love a challenge. So we'll have to settle this on a date. We'll test the jokes out on a waiter, see who gets him to cringe more. Loser pays the bill", he chuckled, his smirk warming into a smile at the thought of his teammates. His brother and greatest friend, Richard. His sister and close friend, Tessa. And his teammate, trusted and proven, Reaver. "They're good people. I don't know what I'd be without Richard. He was the first person to ever believe I could do good. Growing up in the Strigidae temples", he paused, his smile fading, a somber shade in his ruby eyes as his mind pulled back to memories of his Spartan childhood, "No one believes in you".

"Except yourself. But you have to prove yourself. There're good people in the Strigidae, but it's hard being good when you've been raised a monster from day one. But Richard believed I could change, and I did. It's why we left. And it's why I'm never going back", he swore, steely resolve in his eyes. "And besides", his smile returned, "Why would I leave this life behind? Of good. And of a drop dead gorgeous doctor as my girl", he smirked, playfully pulling her over him till she straddled him. The pain in his thigh, the hot ache swarming in his gut - it all felt a world away as Ashley laughed and his eyes lifted to hers. "Jeans and a t-shirt are easier to fight in... but you'll be wearing a white dress, so I'll contrast it with something dark. I'll find a good suit, Ash. If all else fails I'll just show up in my costume. Put the fear of God in the press so they don't ask you too many questions", he joked, cool laughter flowing from his throat. And as their eyes lingered for a second more, Kellan felt her fingers brush against his jawline before her face leaned into his, and their lips joined in a kiss.

With his hands gripping her hips, the Horned Saint's lips grazed hers soft and sweet. But as his heart reacted, swishing from one feeling to another, from a rush of want to one of intimacy, Kellan kissed her wilder, more forcefully, parting her lips with his to leave them trembling, to evoke a sensation, an emotion, Ashley hadn't felt since her most intimate moments with her late husband. Holding her, kissing her till her heart raced with something and her lips grew achy, Kellan couldn't believe it. Moments ago he could barely walk. Yet Ashley had comforted him, treated his wounds and eased his pain. And she was the hero he admired, the hero he wanted to be. There was no mistaking what he felt for. And he knew what it was. It was foreign to him, strange - but exciting. And it felt right. An emotion stronger than any he'd felt in years.

#369 Posted by Hawkshade (4031 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

The Son of the Shogun prowled through the cave, moving through the pools of darkness that lay between the pillars of harsh halogen light. His body was wrapped in the snug embrace of his new costume and his vantablack layered cloak hung from his shoulders like a cloak of midnight, drinking any light which fell upon it.

A new scar ran down his lip and jaw. His movements were slower, slightly off balance-- the wounds he had sustained seeking the truth from Venezuela had been severe and had yet to heal.

Until they did he avoided his friends. His makeshift family. Even his brother Kellan. They would want to help. But Valerie was too dangerous. If he lead his friends against the Huntington's he risked leading them into certain death.

He had to do this himself. Or at least without those who he valued the most.

He couldn't live with himself if he were to cause their deaths.

The Heir to Shadow took a few supplies from his stores and slipped away into the darkness once more, a shadow in subterranean midnight.

#370 Posted by Grimmwald (2665 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall:

No Caption Provided

Mask left lying by a burning candle, Kellan strode through his room, his left arm all but healed from his battle with Alpha Dog, and his eyes now locked on the plans, ideas and obsessions he'd scribbled across the whiteboard hanging on the wall before him. Arms folded before his chest, his bare torso catching the warm glow of candlelight, Kellan scowled at the words meeting his eyes; Absolutio and Abuskhau. Breathing in then out, he sighed and shut his eyes. I'm not looking forward to that, he thought. He'd vowed to master both Arcani arts, to become the first ever Nth of either one. But to do so, he'd have to venture to the ruined Temple of صفر. And as the sweat ran cold down his back, the Horned Saint cast his gaze to another word on his whiteboard; Keijijo.

The body and mind are one. Flowing in a river of perception-evaluation-planning-conscience and reaction. The eyes, ears - the senses - catch a threat, the mind decides it's danger, thinks of how to counter it, faces doubt, then the heart yells to either attack, defend or flee. Wasteful steps, Kellan thought. The Keijijo've mastered some weird technique that cuts out all the bullshit. They evade danger and counter threats without a wasted thought. Just perception and reaction. A reaction that's almost instant and almost always right. To learn their secrets, the Horned Saint'd have no choice but to climb to the icy peak of the mountain the Keijijo called home. Finally, Kellan's eyes moved to a different word, a phrase with a smile; Train with Ashley. "I did say I'd do it", he rasped, his smile widening and his head shaking. Blowing out his candle and stepping out his room, Kellan leaped and flipped about the Cave like a boneless gymnast till he'd landed on the metal floors of the med-bay.

"I liked the dress you wore for the ceremony in Valor City but there's just something about seeing you in scrubs", he quipped, a cool chuckle escaping him. "They're your hero clothes. Your cape", he said honestly, "You saved an entire city wearing those scrubs", Kellan paused, holding her by the waist and playfully turning her round till her eyes met his. "But", Kellan smirked, hands on the edge of the table behind her, body inching closer, "We're going to have to get you out of these scrubs", he teased, voice lower and darker, his chest against hers, and his lips an inch away as his gaze dropped low, "And into something more combat ready", he chuckled, stepping away, "We're going to train after all. Don't tell me you forgot?".

#371 Posted by Ashley_Knightfall (890 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald:

Lord… what was today? Sunday? Thursday? She didn’t know anymore. All the days blurred together to Ashley. Between the Catholicon, Halo, Miftah Aljana, June, Children’s hospital and in the process of coming up with plans for the Gothic City Mental Institute, she had lost all track of time. If it wouldn’t have been for Siri reminding her when she had her appointments, she would be completely lost. So when Kellan appeared from the shadows of the team HQ, and mentioned about training, a mental facepalm was going down in her mind.

She was in fact in her usual blue scrubs and white coat with her hair tied up in a messy bun. She actually came here to make sure all supplies were stocked and ready for whoever needed them if Ashley wasn’t around to help them. But as Kellan held her close, she could feel the strong beating of his heart against her own chest and has his lips grew closer to her own, she longed for them with every inch closer. She hadn’t seen him in what felt like forever, they were both so busy, and she missed him, all of him. So when he stepped away, teasing her, Ashley let out a deep sigh with half grin on her face. He always teased her, but she couldn’t complain.

No Caption Provided

“I’m not going to lie, I completely forgot.” She admitted as she began taking off her lab coat, laying it down upon the clean counter top. “But, I come to train from time to time.” Time to time really meant once, but she did keep some work out clothes here. She pulled open a draw where she kept extra clothes. Scrubs, casual clothing, clothing that was acceptable for meetings she may have forgotten about and of course, work out clothes. With a wink she walked off to change.

Couple of minutes later she was dressed in her black leggings and blue tank top. Even though she was 37, (almost 38) thanks to her regeneration abilities (which she had still failed to mention to anyone), her body was showing no signs of such age as her work out attire clung to her body. She had always appeared to be younger than she actually was. Her hair was pulled up in a ponytail, no strands of hair in her face as she met up with Kellan. The last time she trained with someone else, was with her brother, Quintus. She could still remember all those times he would knock her flat on her back, effortlessly every single time. It was hard to spar against someone who was the master of all martial arts. But he was also the best trainer. She looked up at Kellan, her sapphire eyes connecting with this crimson as she smiled. “Shall we?”

#372 Posted by Grimmwald (2665 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall:

Stepping forward, his stride cool and his eyes looking her up and down, Kellan met Ashley's smile with a playful one, "You might be my girlfriend but don't think I'll go easy on you". Rolling his shoulders, his bare and chiseled torso catching the pale glow of the overhead lights as he stepped closer, Kellan stopped a foot away and began. "I can't show you everything I know in one day, and I know you can't show me everything you know in one day too. In my Strigidae days, sometimes we'd spent days drilling a single technique to perfection. I'll be doing something similar with you. We're going to go over space, distance and angles". Glancing at the wall behind her, Kellan continued, "One thing I've noticed is that a lot of people aren't comfortable", he paused, stepping into her personal space with a glance at her lips and bold smirk, "When you're up close".

"So what they'll do when you come forward - is step back. Because a lot of people need space to fight comfortably. So they step back to move back into space and away from you. But space isn't infinite. Step back enough times", Kellan said, hands on Ashley's hips as he guided her backwards till her back pressed into a wall, "And something gets in the way. Usually a wall. And with the wall behind your opponent, and you in front of them, there are only two open paths to escape to; the sides. Right or left". Stepping back, Kellan smirked, "And now things get fun. You can start to set shit up. What I like to do, because my left leg is my best leg, is stand in front of my opponent but a little closer to the right so I'm taking up the space on the right. Now, my opponent can only escape by circling out the left side - and into the path of my left high kick. Basically, I press forward until my opponent's back is against the wall. I'm in front of them taking up the space on the right, so the only space they can move into is left, which is the space I'll be throwing a high kick into".

Striding forward, his ruby eyes on Ashley's, Kellan teased, "And since I already have you against a wall", he flirted, eyes dropping low for another glance at her lips, "I can show you what this set-up looks like". Shuffling towards the space on his right, Kellan continued, "So I'll be here in front of you but taking up the space on my right, which to you is your left. So you have a wall behind you, and me in front of you partially blocking the open space on my right, which is your left. The only open space you have left is the one on my left, which is your right. The moment you try to shuffle away into that open space", he paused, flicking his left leg up high, "Is the moment your chin meets my shin. Now, we'll switch roles and let's see if you got the basic principles of this down. The steps. Then we can move on to a proper sparring demonstration. So, I'll be the one to have my back against the wall".

Standing in front of the wall, Kellan locked eyes with Ashley and smiled, "Alright, come on, babe. Pressure me to the wall and let's see if you go it".

#373 Posted by Ashley_Knightfall (890 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald:

The Knightfall knew how to fight, that wasn’t the question. She had been trained by her brother regularly, back in Reality M. But that was so long ago. Ashley was rusty, she knew this. She needed to get back into training again, not just for her sake, but for the sake of the team, last thing she wanted was to be dead weight to be carried. So she listened, and watched attentively as Kellan pinned her against a wall, her eyes catching the way his joints would move and his muscles would contract and relax. The way he was able to kick his leg up, so precise, with ease and swiftness, it was impressive both as a doctor and as his girlfriend. These were similar (though not exact) drills that Quintus would run with her. She remembered the countless amount of times her back (and sometimes face) would hit against the floor mat. She certainly didn't miss that.

"Alright, come on, babe. Pressure me to the wall and let's see if you go it".

"You might be my boyfriend but don't think I'll go easy on you". She teased with a grin before pushing herself forward and into Kellan’s space, but not before she took an assertive stance, as she suddenly began unleashing a series of palm strikes. Pushing forward in a hostile manner, in attempt to force Kellan back into the wall. Her attacks, while not exactly the fastest or strongest, were precise in where she was attempting to hit, alternating his shoulders and solar plexus. Quintus taught her that this attack was good to force an enemy to step back away rom you. With a straight extensions of her arms with every strike, her hips twisted the movement of of attacks. She knew Kellan would block the attacks with ease, but that wasn't the goal, the goal right now was just to back him up against the wall. Once she did, she shift her body to the right, or the left side for him, opposite of what he did to her, as she was right handed, and then thud landed a front kick on the wall next to him. Not exactly as elegant as his high kick, at all, but hey, she got him against the wall. She stayed in that position, slightly breathing a little heavier than before as she locked her eyes with his as her lips curled into a half grin. "Well, did I pass?"

#374 Posted by Grimmwald (2665 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall:

Back-stepping, hands darting out to parry her punches, Kellan's eyes dropped to Ashley's hips and he smiled. Good. She might be a little out of practice, but she remembers her fundamentals. Punching with power. Punching with her hips, he thought, his back hitting the cold wall and his arms rising up to - in a instance of instinct - block Ashley's feinted kick. Watching her kick graze the wall instead of his head, he caught her eyes and matched her grin with his own.

"Well, did I pass?"

"Would you be surprised if I said no?", Kellan teased, head tilted an inch to the side before wrapping an arm round her waist, turning her round and pinning her to the wall by the wrists. His knee against the inside of her thigh, and his smirk playful, the Horned Saint glanced at her lips and a laugh flowed out his throat low and cool, "But yes, you did. You're doing great, Ash. But I'm not done with you yet. After all, we just got started". Stepping away from her, Kellan continued, "We know how to get an opponent to back up to a wall. Footwork and force them back with punches and kicks. I showed you one way to punish an opponent for trying to exit out of an angle when you've got them against a wall. Let's work on that a bit more, because sometimes you'll fight someone quick and clever enough to find an opening and slip out of it".

Strong arms folded before his chest, Kellan smiled, "You're a fighter, Ash, so I don't have to take baby steps with you on this. You want to keep your opponent against the wall in a compromised position. You don't want them trying to exit out of an angle. So use sweeping strikes. Throwing punches and kicks wide to sweep across the target, be it the head or body. You know, like a hook or a round kick. Because now you're also attacking the space around your opponent and discouraging them from potentially moving into those attacks. So you force them against a wall, and trap them there with your sweeping strikes. But we're not just here to work on these small facets of fighting so we can add extra layer to your abilities as a martial artist. We're also here because you don't get enough sleep".

"I'm going to teach you the meditation techniques I learned from the Strigidae and from a lost scroll I found written by a forgotten Keijijo monk, Elder Gharan. Come with me", he said, taking her hand in his, his calloused fingers stroking hers long and soft. "You need to be somewhere relaxing for this", he smiled, leading her to his corner of the Cave where the underground river flowed near. The sound of the river flow and the warm glow of candlelight would help ease Ashley into a meditative trance, into forging a connection with her psycho-spiritual energies.

#375 Posted by Hawkshade (4031 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade:

Connor immediately recognizes the advantages of Richard's open stance. It makes for a more interesting sparring match. And it's intentional. It's a smart strategic move and something Connor appreciates being strategically minded himself. But how to get Richard to lower his guard so Connor can get in close? That greater reach, when used properly, can keep Connor at bay. But shorters guys have advantages too. Usually speed and if they know how to fight tall guys so they can get in close.

Unfortunately, Connor gets hit by both both blows, falling on the mat a bit too quickly. This just might surprise Richard. Connor seems to be favoring one side of one of his legs and it seems Richard caught him on it. Was he injured and never told Richard? Connor did have the habit of pushing himself a little hard, even fighting crime will still recovering from whatever injury he suffers. Was this such a case?

If Richard drops his guard just for a second to see if Connor is okay, that is when Connor strikes. The entire thing had been a feint and Connor hopes Richard falls for it. With the speed and swiftness of a Cobra, he attempts to grab Richard's arm. Spinning part of the way around, he puts his foot on the outside of Richard's right ankle and attempts to throw the big man over his shoulder. Connor is incredibly strong for a teenager of his size, so throwing Richard, IF this attempt succeeds, is no problem. If this succeeds, he then attempts to give a light kick to Richard's solar plexus. Not enough to knock the wind out of him, but enough to register a hit. During this time, Connor holds Richard's arm as if he's about to break it but he let's him go. That is, if all this succeeds. Connor goes back to his fighting stance, waiting to see what else Richard is going to do.

Connor fell, appearing hurt and Richard's brow furrowed. He stepped forward, guard down, "Hey are you ok-" And then Connor had him, snatching the Son of the Shogun's arm and tossing him. Because of his size the landing knocked the wind out of him but Richard responded instinctively, twisting his arm free of Connors hold and bringing both arms into a low guard to block the kick.

Richard rolled to his feet. "Sneaky." He said, his white teeth showing as he couldn't conceal a grin. Then he snapped back into an open guard, maintaining his distance and throwing another outside leg kick at Connor's lead leg, returning immediately to his gameplan.

#376 Edited by Grimmwald (2665 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade:

Above ground, the Orochi lurked in the shadows. Shinigami armed with swords of vibranium steel and a killer instinct that could neither be taught nor learned stood ready to flay and butcher any and all who'd dare interfere with what would transpire below. Climbing out the nearest shadow like a serpent from it's hole, Kellan came not in red - but in black. Vibranium swords strapped to his back, the Blackdaggers of the Strigidae raiding what was left of Black House on his behalf, the Horned Saint's eyes swept to the side and met his brother's. Something had shifted in the moons.

"We need to talk. Brother".

#377 Posted by Hawkshade (4031 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald:

Richard was there and Richard was dressed in black as was his way; a black cloak hung from his broad shoulders and the glow of the computer screens played across his broad features. On the screen in front of him hung an enhanced image, taken from a Venezuelan black drone survalance program. An image of the Orochi temple courtyard. An image of the Orochi kneeling to their new master.

Kellan.

He turned, eyes wide with a shock that ran so deep he couldn't give it voice and he saw his brothers new costume.

Black.

"Brother." He said. "Brother. Why?"

#378 Posted by Grimmwald (2665 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade:

No Caption Provided

"Why not?", Kellan answered, voice striking and cold, his eyes redder - yet darker - than before. "The Orochi needed a new leader, and I need them", he continued, stepping forward, his stride soundless, his movements perfect and predatory, "To solve the problem of evil by putting fear in the hearts of men. Because hopping from rooftop to rooftop beating people up, chasing the villain after they commit the crime, after people have died... it's not enough", his head shook, his scowl deepening. "You're only reacting. Waiting for the next Alpha Dog to climb out the gutter to find a Tessa to maul", he seethed, the cold fury boiling over in his eyes.

"I'm done reacting. I'm taking the initiative. I'm going to create a culture of fear. Fear of eternal damnation, fear of jail, fear of social rejection, it keeps a lot of people in line. But it's not enough. Fear shapes the beliefs, the legends, the superstitions of entire generations. Religions are founded upon man's fear of death. Fear, brother, is the world's greatest power. I need only harness it", he paused, lowering to a knee and reaching into the shadow from which he came. "So they can fear the consequences, Richard. The consequence of evil", he said, his gloved hand pulling out Boresight's skinned flesh. "This is what becomes of evil in my new world, brother. A suit of skin to be hung in public for all to see. A warning from the judge they cannot see but is always watching. Always there".

"But that doesn't matter. I've come only to say one thing. You, Tessa, Ashley, the Shadow Knights, all of you, are either with me - or against me".

#379 Edited by Hawkshade (4031 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald:

"No." He shook his head, thick brow furrowed. "No Kellan this.. this is."

Richard heard the words. He saw it. The skin.

It didn't sink in at first.

"This is not you. It is mind control or possession or.. or something." He turned away, tapping keys on the keyboard to bring up the computers database of mind altering powers, substances and entities, sorted by threat level. "We can cure you with.." He scrolled down, mind turning a million miles a minute as he tried to match his brothers behavior with the symptoms of mind control.

Pupil dilation. Body language. Micro expressions.

They all matched.

"..with.. I..." He trailed off voice cracking and turned back to Grimmwald. He saw the skin again.

It sank in this time.

"Brother. Brother.. what have you done?" He said, not even addressing Grimmwald's words, so deep was his shock at his brothers actions.

#380 Posted by Grimmwald (2665 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade:

The disbelief. The shock. The denial. And the pain wrinkling his brother's face was no pleasant sight for the Horned Saint. But his goals were set in stone. The problem of evil would remain unsolved no longer. Heroes were never the solution. Time and time again they'd failed. What man - the world - needed, was an avenger. "Grimmwald", he corrected. Not Kellan. "My name is Grimmwald", Grimmwald asserted, the ice in his gaze communicating what his words had echoed; Kellan was no more.

"Brother. Brother.. what have you done?"

The question floated between them, stilling the air till the tension hung over them like a blanket. "What I'm going to do to all of them", Grimmwald answered, arms folding behind his back with an assassin's ease. "I'm no hero, brother", he continued, "Because heroes - good men - do nothing but cling to their rigid sense of right and wrong. And while evil preys on the world, the only triumph afforded by heroes is that they held on to their values. I am no hero. I am an avenger. And I don't deal in philosophy. I deal in this", he said, lifting the sack of flesh that once clung to Boresight's bones.

He dealt in the darker edge of justice.

#381 Posted by Hawkshade (4031 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald:

My name is Grimmwald. The words echoed in his ears. "You've worn the mask too long and it's become your face. Stared too long into the abyss." He said, stomach turning as he motioned toward the skin.

He has to see that he has gone too far. He has to. "You cannot stop evil by becoming it. The evil deserve to be punished, justice must be enforced by the righteous.. but without becoming evil yourself."

"You have strayed from the path. But I can help. We can help." He reached out, offering his fallen brother his hand. "It isn't too late. Even after-" He looked at the skin and swallowed. "-what you have done."

#382 Posted by Grimmwald (2665 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade:

There, before Grimmwald, stood the greatest friend he'd ever known, the person with whom the Horned Saint had his life's most meaningful relationship. Meeting eyes with the most important in his life - with the embodiment of the sacrifice he was about to make - Grimmwald's resolve hardened to steel. Eyes closing shut, and his chest rising up then down in the deepest - most painful - breath he'd ever taken, Grimmwald stood silent and refused to meet his brother's eyes. Swallowing the lump in his throat and cooling his aching heart, the Horned Saint opened his eyes and lifted his gaze from Richard's outstretched hand.

"This", he said, lifting Boresight's skin some inches higher, "Is a kindness. Without it, evil will triumph. I will not retract that kindness. Not even for you".

"Goodbye, brother". One slow backwards step and Grimmwald was gone, sinking into the nearest shadow and vanishing like the wind.

The Strigidae were right. He would leave this world the same way he'd come into it. Alone.

#383 Edited by Hawkshade (4031 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald:

Kella- no, Grimmwald departed. He passed through the shadows from whence he had came and was gone as completely as if he had never been there at all, leaving only his parting words ringing in Hawkshade's ears.

Goodbye, brother.

He fell back into the chair at the computer desk. Light from the screen played across the right side of his face. Richard ran a hand through his close cropped hair.

It had to be a dream. Perhaps he had been captured and this was a simulation designed to break his will? He ran through a series of mental exercises to check.

It was real. It was all real.

Tessa hadn't been seen in some time. Ashley was busy, he assumed with the hospital. It was him and Connor. And it hurt to look at Connor, knowing what he had done.

Now Kellan was gone.

He looked out at the cave.

It was empty.

#384 Posted by Grimmwald (2665 posts) - - Show Bio
#385 Posted by Hawkshade (4031 posts) - - Show Bio
#386 Edited by RedReaver (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: (OOC: May I respond to your last that you posted between yourself and Grimm? ^_^)

#387 Posted by Hawkshade (4031 posts) - - Show Bio
#388 Posted by RedReaver (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade:

No Caption Provided

Connor knows he cannot hide from Grimm's enhanced senses, at least not yet. But he's working on it. For now, he watches from the shadows. He didn't mean to eavesdrop, he knows it's rude. But when he heard the conversation on his way in, he didn't dare intrude. But he didn't leave either just in case Grimm tried anything and grateful the man chose not to do anything other than leave.

As Richard sits alone, troubled by the exchange that just happened, Reaver steps out of the shadows and right up to Richard, placing a hand in the man's massive shoulder as if in sympathy but there was none displayed on Connor's face. Likely because the young teen is not very good with showing his emotions, unless he's faking them as he does when he takes the mask off.

When Connor speaks it's with three simple words, "Your not alone." It's not much and it's certainly not a pep talk, but perhaps Richard will find some comfort in those words. He's not alone in his fight, in his quest and on his path of setting things right. He is not alone in his nightly pursuit of justice or with people he can trust, even if that list is short. Richard is not alone.

#389 Posted by Penalty (167 posts) - - Show Bio

@redreaver: @hawkshade: Hey, looks like you two could use another friend! And I could use a place with a working shower!

#390 Posted by Hawkshade (4031 posts) - - Show Bio

@redreaver:

At first Hawkshade didn't move or react, just set there with Connor's hand upon his shoulder, staring out into the emptiness of the cave which had once echoed with the laughter of his friends. He remembered Kellan's terrible jokes and Tessa bent over the keyboard, illuminated by the flickering of the screen as she worked on her latest project and the focus in Ashley's eyes when she was faced with a medical crisis.

The only one left was Connor.

I killed your father.

He was suddenly struck with an terrible compulsion. Turn and tell Connor everything. Reveal the truth. I killed your father. Then Connor would leave too and he would be truly alone. It's what I deserve.

But he didn't. He choked back the self-destructive impulse and said without looking back. "Thanks." His voice low, gravely with repressed emotion.

#391 Posted by Hawkshade (4031 posts) - - Show Bio

@penalty: Maybe we could work something out..

#392 Posted by RedReaver (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade:

When at last, Richard says thanks, Connor takes his hand off of the man's shoulder, "Anytime." He knows the man is hurting and the best thing to do now is to leave him alone. If it were Connor, he'd want the same.

"I'm going out on patrol, but if you need me for anything, I'm one call away." He says and then gets on his red motorcycle, putting on his helmet and taking off.

#393 Posted by Hawkshade (4031 posts) - - Show Bio

@redreaver:

"Alright." He said as Connor departed.

His chin sunk to his chest after Connor was gone. He cares. I don't deserve his kindness. There was a lump in his throat that he tried to swallow but couldn't.

"Lights, off." The lights in the cave flipped off and Richard set alone in the darkness for a long time.

#394 Edited by Hawkshade (4031 posts) - - Show Bio

A broad-shouldered figure stood alone in the center of the gym mat. Above him a single light hummed and cast his chiseled features in harsh shadow.

His eyes were closed and in his mind he summoned forth the crimson forms of the Orochi. In his minds eye they were arrayed around him, weapons glittering with cold light and sinister intent written into their posture.

They struck, every movement the exact replica of a strike an Orochi had been recorded utilizing in the fleeting moments they had been caught on film. Hawkshade defended. Empty-hand parry. Block. Backflip. Counterstrike and rol- an imaginary blade pierced his side.

Hawkshade stopped and stood, clearing his mind of the illusionary figures. Fifteen seconds. Not good enough.

He closed his eyes, tapped into his ability to photographically memorize any movement and summoned forth mental illusions in his minds eye, imagining their attacks again and again and again, parrying, dodging and countering the movements the Orochi favored over and over.

Until it's perfect.

#395 Posted by Yazhun_Sanvun (1040 posts) - - Show Bio

A broad-shouldered figure stood alone in the center of the gym mat. Above him a single light hummed and cast his chiseled features in harsh shadow.

His eyes were closed and in his mind he summoned forth the crimson forms of the Orochi. In his minds eye they were arrayed around him, weapons glittering with cold light and sinister intent written into their posture.

They struck, every movement the exact replica of a strike an Orochi had been recorded utilizing in the fleeting moments they had been caught on film. Hawkshade defended. Empty-hand parry. Block. Backflip. Counterstrike and rol- an imaginary blade pierced his side.

Hawkshade stopped and stood, clearing his mind of the illusionary figures. Fifteen seconds. Not good enough.

He closed his eyes, tapped into his ability to photographically memorize any movement and summoned forth mental illusions in his minds eye, imagining their attacks again and again and again, parrying, dodging and countering the movements the Orochi favored over and over.

Until it's perfect.

This is CV's version of Cass training for Shiva, and its badass

#396 Posted by Hawkshade (4031 posts) - - Show Bio