The Catholicon (Destroyed)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Oh my O_O

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#252 Feral Nova  Moderator

@phantomshell I need to know if Ishmael is wearing his helmet because Ashley has never seen him in uniform before, so that's going to make a difference in my response.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 Feral Nova  Moderator

@rosso I FEEL THE PRESSURE AND I LOVE IT!

Image result for thrive under pressure gif

I'm excited for this!

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ashley_knightfall
Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso:@phantomshell

In her laboratory Ashley sat, still going over the blood and tissue samples she received during her mission with Kallen against Alpha Dog. Even though she had created what she needed to for the team’s fight against him, she was now attempting to adjust her own creation of the RPG Gel (Rapid Polymer Generation) into from simple creating protein to temporarily stop the bleeding, to physically healing the wound all together. The lives she could save with it, it would be an extranomical achievement! But it was a tedious process. One she had to make sure wouldn’t leave any negative effects on the human body.

No Caption Provided

But as she was so consumed in her own work, her pager went off. Looking away from her microscope she looked down at it to see the numbers “10-14”. That meant a stabbing. She quickly stood up, snapping off her gloves into the trash bin as she made her way out of the lab, locking up as she did so before making her way to the triage area. Things would have already been set into motion by her staff according to protocol. The person who was stabbed would have been taken to the trauma unit and hemostasis (the stopping of a flow of blood) would be the first priority before the doctor arrived.

No Caption Provided

By the time she arrived she could see the staff still trying to transport the patient into the trauma bay. Blood was everywhere. Her eyes fixated on the patient for a moment, it wasn’t just stab wounds, they were multiple stab wounds along her leg, hip and midsection. Whoever did this to her, wanted to make sure not only that she would bleed out, but leave her incapacitated, unable to escape and die before getting help. Her cobalt eyes then shift over to a man, dressed in a uniform with a crimson mask over his face. His own clothes covered in the blood. She was unable to determine at the moment if it was just her patient's or his or a mixture of both. “My name is Doctor Knightfall.” She introduced herself as she quickly began washing her hands while her staff placed the patient on the gurney in the room they finally managed to get into the trauma bay. “I’m going to take care of your friend. I just need to know, do you know any of her medical history? Blood disorders, cardiac history, or if she has any sort of powers that can delay our treatment for her?” Ashley inquired as she slipped on a new pair of gloves. She didn’t need to know names, or even the usual ‘What happened?’. With masked individuals she was still learning how delicate the relationship between patient and doctor could be. “Aside from the stabbing, is there anything else you can tell me on what happened to her?”

She then walked up to her patient who was still bleeding out, still listening to the masked man as she began to call out orders. “I need a type and screen and CBC (complete blood count) on her, please.” She was then handed a syringe of RPG as she began placing the gel into the wounds, instantly stopping the bleeding, for a moment. Not only was the patient severely pale, but her skin was frigid to the touch. How much blood had she lost before her arrival? “We need some fluids! And I need some polyester sutures!” Ashley called out as she began to shine a light into the woman’s eyes as her staff began hooking up to cardiac monitors, pulse oximeter and placing IV's in. “Ma’am, can you tell me where you are? What’s the date today?” These were simple questions to determine the level of consciousness a person had during evaluation. Confusion or slurring of speech could indicate that the brain wasn’t getting enough oxygen.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoever did this to her, wanted to make sure not only that she would bleed out, but leave her incapacitated, unable to escape and die before getting help.

There's a part of me screaming "it was your boyfriend! He tried to MURDER ME!"

But it's a good thing V doesn't know that because I'm committed to the cover story.

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The potential here is so interesting.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This 'Rosso' may be more dangerous than I thought..

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 Feral Nova  Moderator

@rosso said:
@ashley_knightfall said:

Whoever did this to her, wanted to make sure not only that she would bleed out, but leave her incapacitated, unable to escape and die before getting help.

But it's a good thing V doesn't know that because I'm committed to the cover story.

Thats break up material man lol

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like that they all keep coming into contact with the same people without realizing it.

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso said:
@ashley_knightfall said:

Thats break up material man lol

Ruh roh.

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right. He stabs me almost to death and I'm the one who's dangerous.

"Genius" work there, "detective."

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By Rosso

@hawkshade: Uhh, he attempted to! So says Ashley's unbiased opinion. Lucky for us there was another hero around to help get me to safety.

If your friend'd had his way, I'd be in a shallow grave outside the city right now.
If your friend'd had his way, I'd be in a shallow grave outside the city right now.
Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso:

I'm sure this is all some kind of villainous trick.
I'm sure this is all some kind of villainous trick.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: Just as I thought. Nobody who trumpets justice ever turns out to be righteous.

Someone's playing a trick, but it's not me. It's you, on yourself.
Someone's playing a trick, but it's not me. It's you, on yourself.
Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: Get em'.

I actually feel like if this were an incident that were known, both sides could play it well. Valentina was stabbed pretty badly, but she's also a hitman and she shot Kellan multiple times with lethal intent. And he has some reason to believe she's behind the Assassination Market.

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kellan is hobbled by the purported moral high ground - they're graded on different curves.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso:

What you believe doesn't matter. Just what I -do-
What you believe doesn't matter. Just what I -do-

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimmwald: Right? It's a fairly complex situation because if she was trying to kill a civilian or police officer they'd be justified in using lethal force. But superheroes are often held to a higher standard; Richard for example doesn't believe it's -ever- justified to kill no matter what.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade:

Sure, just keep bullshitting. I'm going to enjoy helping you all dismantle yourselves.
Sure, just keep bullshitting. I'm going to enjoy helping you all dismantle yourselves.

@hawkshade: Get em'.

I actually feel like if this were an incident that were known, both sides could play it well. Valentina was stabbed pretty badly, but she's also a hitman and she shot Kellan multiple times with lethal intent. And he has some reason to believe she's behind the Assassination Market.

No you don't! Believe my perfect lies!

But also, how y'all gonna fault Tessa but not Grimm? I wonder why, hmm...?

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kellan is hobbled by the purported moral high ground - they're graded on different curves.

Kellan needs a moral anchor to continue on his path. Richard is that. And so is Ashley. But it's very possible for him to return to his old ways if some outstanding condition is met. And by old ways I mean he legitimately stops trying to be a hero. Depending on how things go with the Shadow Knights, he could become a great hero - or something worse.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso said:

But also, how y'all gonna fault Tessa but not Grimm? I wonder why, hmm...?

GRIMM DOESN'T KILL!!! (yet ;-P)
GRIMM DOESN'T KILL!!! (yet ;-P)

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: Yeah it's a really complex situation. I think at some point, it'll become something that the Shadow Knights will have no choice but to openly address because either Kellan will one day go too far and in that case it'll be something that's known to everyone, or Richard (who has a temper) may just get angry enough and for a split-second snap and cross a line. Or they find out Tessa has already been killing people. Honestly Ashley and Reaver are probably the least likely ones to ever cross that line.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade:

Not yet but I'm willing to make the necessary sacrifices.
Not yet but I'm willing to make the necessary sacrifices.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimmwald: Agreed. Even the face-taking thing could cause a lot of internal issues, I think. Does Ashley know Kellan is ripping peoples faces off lol? She might not be cool with that haha. Richard would be twisting himself into intellectual knots trying to explain why it was actually okay ;-P

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: LOL, right? Thus far few people know because he's been doing it to targets who wouldn't really be discovered, and in places where the odds of discovery are lowered even more. But at the same time, it's going to get to a point where rumors are going to start flying and Richard more than anyone will know that it's Kellan's doing. That may set up some interesting stuff! What if Kellan breaks away from the team to deal his own brand of justice? What if they rein him in and pacify him a little more? What if he gives in to his predatory nature and takes a turn for the worst? Who knows! But I think the battle with Dog will oust a lot of his brutal tendencies.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimmwald: I don't know what's going to happen but when it does it will be fire. It has the potential to tear the heroic world apart at the seams.

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: It really does! I was just thinking about Kellan's psychology. He trusts very few people. And he grew up in an environment where friends were as few as kindness. So he values his friendship with Richard a lot. It's the first meaningful relationship of his life, the oldest and most important one. Ashley's inherent goodness attracts him strongly because she is who he wants to be from a moral standpoint. And Tessa is another bond he values very strongly. He trusts few people so the people he does let in are valued almost unconditionally. So imagine in the fight with Alpha Dog.

What if Dog hurts Richard or Ashley or Tessa really badly? Or all of them. It might very well make Kellan go over the edge. It might inspire him to try and actually kill Dog to protect those relationships he values so much. And for the team to see that part of him, it could lead to a lot of fun storylines!

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashley_knightfall: @rosso:

No Caption Provided

It wasnt until they had arrived at the underground criminal care facility that the Phantomshell truly realized how bad off Rosso had gotten it. Damn he really did a number. And yet, it hadnt been lethal. Could have been, should have been. Wasn't.

Perhaps this was why the secret Strix couldnt help but to feel as if they had been played. Despite the fact that, at least on paper, the first time team-up of the Scarlet Shadowrunner and the Aerial Outlaw had taken it to the Digital Daredevil. The face stealing myth of dark-web infamy. So why then had his impromptu partner, his one real responsibility through the night, ended up in the Catholicon with her guts all but spilled out? What had they really won? Or more importantly, what had they truly lost?

“My name is Doctor Knightfall.” She introduced herself as she quickly began washing her hands while her staff placed the patient on the gurney in the room they finally managed to get into the trauma bay. “I’m going to take care of your friend. I just need to know, do you know any of her medical history? Blood disorders, cardiac history, or if she has any sort of powers that can delay our treatment for her?” Ashley inquired as she slipped on a new pair of gloves. She didn’t need to know names, or even the usual ‘What happened?’. With masked individuals she was still learning how delicate the relationship between patient and doctor could be. “Aside from the stabbing, is there anything else you can tell me on what happened to her?”

Of course she hasnt hired any other doctors

"I found her like this outside. My friends here, down the hall. Gunshot to the knee. But I needed to step out for a minute make a call and thats when I found her. Near the entrance. I think she's been like this for a good 20 minutes...I noted multiple, looks like incision in her clothes. Stabbing I'd say I dont know. ."

No Caption Provided

The entire time starting from the moment they had walked in to the moment the Knightfall Saint arrived, Ishmael had been subtly shifting his position in the facility in accordance with the ROME'D's line of sight. Obscuring any visual focus between them and the injured assassin's face. Even if they didnt hold the capacity for closed circuit surveillance, its exactly what he would use them for. Thus the paranoia existed.

It wasnt safe to be here. His first strike in an attempt to usurp the crown of Gothic's criminal Illuminati was barely a day or two old. The MRF werent likely to give up so easily.

Gotta keep moving

"Good luck." he nodded. Pulling up his hoodie and bleeding into a small and somewhat unorthodox crowd of residents and thugs passing by.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course she hasnt hired any other doctors

I love this line right here. What it represents, the place of insertion and everything around it, and the way it's subtle, easy to gloss over. Brings about a kind of wistful longing.

Musa_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AmericanValor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: *has brian show up check up on his investment*

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@musa_bashir: Now if you could only ever follow directions. -___-

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@americanvalor_: The investment that you betrayed and abandoned at the first turn, for no reason? Yeah, how is that investment going?

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the threads are tangling, I loooooooove it.

AmericanValor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: are we still hurt? :( how do i fix us?

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By Rosso

@phantomshell: You never do! She's just trying to build a new life and you all are making it so hard and stressful!

[But aww! Huskies♥]

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso said:

You never do! She's just trying to build a new life and you all are making it so hard and stressful!

But I saved you
But I saved you

AmericanValor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: I'll make it up to you. If you alert Brian..he'll do what you need :)

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantomshell: And somehow still finding a way to make it hard. -___-

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AmericanValor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: Don't fight our bond!

No Caption Provided

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@americanvalor_: Okay, first of all, I'm the only reason you have that gif!

I forgot the second of all, but you can be sure it was a snippy remark.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantomshell: @ashley_knightfall:

By the time she went out for the last time, Valentina was already in the hands of the Catholicon staff working hard to preserve her life. In awareness, she would've been glad. If only for a moment, this group of people all dedicated to her. They were leagues beyond the care she'd received from anyone including her father. Partly because there was none. In Sorabella's world - the world into which he'd adopted Valentina - loyalty was fleeting, lasting roughly until one had nothing else to offer. By then she was too far gone to even appreciate the subtle gestures of loyalty from the Shadowrun Strix.

She dreamt about...

About...

...About...

No Caption Provided

Whatever happened, it was lost on her as a blinding stimulus jerked her back into the moment. Someone was touching her. On the heels of her hemorrhage-induced sleep and whatever that dream was, Valentina lost all context.

Danger!

Time and place, questions and answers? Her present state of health? None of those meant anything. Right then all that mattered was defending herself, and as weak as she was the Scarlet Shadowrunner would do just that.

Her arm shot up. Grasping for the first thing she thought she could reach—which, coincidentally, happened to be the throat of the person she was unaware was attempting to save her life.

Ashley_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: Took a bit of liberty with my post, if there's any issue, lemme know.

He knew nothing, or he claimed to know nothing. She didn’t have time to try and pry information out of him, it was his right to withhold it if he wished. It just made her job that more interesting. As he walked away she shift her focus back upon her patient. A suture kit was brought in and she could see her wounded patient become unconscious. Damn it. “Get that blood in here now!” The Physician called out as she got her sutures ready to work on the bleeding wounds. “And get x-ray in-” before she could finish the fridge bloody hand of her patient had snapped up like a serpent, her fingers wrapping themselves around her neck tightly as several nurses let out a shout of panic. But the Knightfall Saint stayed calm even as the grasp on her neck tightened. She knew struggling would only make it worse. Out of the corner of her eye she watched as one of the ROME’d were rushing towards her, only to have her hand outstretched to it. “Restraints and Ativan” she managed to speak out.

She got into defense mode, something her brother taught her years ago. One hand grasped onto her wrist as she used her other hand to press against the joint of the elbow and applied pressure, twisting her arm until the grasp on her was released. “Where’s that Ativan?” She shouted as a nurse was already injecting the medication into the IV line they got while the ROME’d was already placing the patient in a four point restraint.

No Caption Provided

“Doctor are you ok?” One of the nurses asked.

“Don’t worry about me.” She released the arm as soon as the ROME’d grasped it, strapping it down. “DId someone call x-ray?”

“Their on their way.”

“Good.” Ashley spoke as she began suturing the more gaping wounds. They were deep, not your average stabbing. She slipped her finger into one of the gaping wounds only to be able to feel the bone with no effort on her part. “What kind of monster did this?” she whispered, a genuine concerned tone in her voice. These weren’t claw like slashes like what Alpha Dog did to Mackenzie, these were done with a blade. She began to quickly work on the wounds, using the moment of unconsciousness to work on her wounds. Reconnecting severed blood vessels and closing up the wounds were her priority at the moment. She also had several tendons and ligaments severed, but she couldn't repair them. Not in the trauma bay, she would have to go back in laparoscopic to fix those when she was better, if the patient would allow her. But that wasn't priority. Stopping the bleeding was priority.

Several minutes later, a nurse came in. “Doctor Knightfall, her Hbg (hemoglobin) count is at 4.6”

Normal blood count was between 13.8 to 17.2 and dangerously low was 8. Not only was she dangerously low, she was double below that. It was pure luck that she managed to get here when she did and stayed awake as long as she did. “Where are the bloods?” She called out again.

“Here!” A nurse yelled out as they came in with two units of blood.

“Get another IV in her, we’re going to run them at the same time and get two more units, she might need them.” As she continued to work on her wounds her eyes would occasionally look up at her vitals. Oxygen level was low because of the low blood count and her heart rate was tachycardic (fast) because it was trying to compensate for the low blood count and her blood pressure was low. But she was going to make it, Ashley would make sure of it. No one was dying tonight.