This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Posted by Alpha_Dog (1046 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso: The trick is not doin' things that make ya need it. Like pickin' fights with me. >;)

#202 Posted by Rosso (5419 posts) - - Show Bio
#203 Posted by Grimmwald (3330 posts) - - Show Bio

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

LOL, I'll take that as a good reaction.

#204 Edited by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio
#205 Posted by Grimmwald (3330 posts) - - Show Bio
#206 Posted by Rosso (5419 posts) - - Show Bio

Just now took a look at the OP.

First off, I had no idea this thread was this old.
Secondly, this is really cool!

#207 Edited by Phantomshell (1168 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall:

No Caption Provided

It never crossed his overconfident mind. Through the numerous day-dreams and imaginary reunion scenarios, not once had the self-assured Strix entertained the idea that Ashley had been doing anything outside of waiting for him to return. To come back and share in the whirlwind Bonny and Clyde like story that would surely end in one or both of their deaths.

His cavalier strides through the sterilized halls of the Catholicon were reminiscent of his first visit. A visit that would eventually see the Knightfall Saint reintroduced to the land of the living. A survivor. A doctor. A CEO. But she had also proven to be someone in which Ishmael could confide in. Their tragic tales of lose were a mirror of one another, yet neither had been willing to completely withdraw from the world. Together they were going to hunt down and destroy the League, destroy her cousin's doppleganger. And in Ishmael's mind, that was only the beginning.

With the thumb of his right hand snagged in the front of his belt, his left carried a solitary rose. Jeans, jacket, white-t and redmask, the Phantomshell fit in among the criminal elements seeking aid. From a costumed perspective at least. Gothic's seedier confederates had always been known for their visual theater. But beneath his mask he sneered at them all. They needed to be controlled, shown what was, and wasnt, going to fly in his city.

Of course the nurses were greeted with charismatic yet effortless nods and subtle flirtation. Just a warm up for the grand finale. He came around the corner with familiar knowledge, brazenly avoiding or out right ignoring the restrictions of the Catholicon, almost stepping into the room first without looking. Narrowly glancing up through the door window before making his way inside...

@grimmwald said:

and pressed her back against the wall behind her as he kissed her again.

...Saved the embarrassment of being noticed only by the grace of his reactionary brilliance, Ishmael dexterously spun away from the door right back into his prior stride. Handing off the rose to a passing CENA "Smile." Leaving the aid somewhat stunned but appreciative. Good for Ash, she needs a win. Convincing himself for the sake of his egotistical pride, he had neglected to think about what it was he had just seen. Who...he had just seen.

#208 Edited by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

Ohhhhhh I love this.

#209 Posted by Rosso (5419 posts) - - Show Bio

O__O

Popcorn dot gif!

#210 Posted by Grimmwald (3330 posts) - - Show Bio

That was good character writing!

#211 Posted by Feral Nova (58216 posts) - - Show Bio
#212 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

Not gonna lie, my heart hurts for him.

#213 Posted by Phantomshell (1168 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for ashley_knightfall
#215 Edited by Ashley_Knightfall (973 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald:

@grimmwald:

‘Oh boy’ was all she could think as he kissed her again. This time, with more force. Her back pressed firmly against the wall. This time, she didn’t try to fight it, she pressed against him, her hands clutching into his own. She became breathless physically breathless. She didn’t even hear the footsteps of Ishmael walking down the door or even notice him when he accidentally peeked in through the doorway. Her normally logical sense of thinking was out the window, pure, physical instinct taking over her.

He broke the kiss and her chest was rising quickly, up and down after being left breathless. She could help but smile back. Then something about coffee. “Coffee? Oh right, coffee. That would be great.” She was still trying to come back, until she looked down at his fractured arm, the same arm who’s hand was currently grasping her own. “Oh, oh your arm!” It was like a screeching U-Turn in her mind. The longing for his physical touch was quickly replaced with the sudden need to fix him. “I um.” She let go of his hands, gently patting against his chest to move away. “Get on the bed, and let me splint it, please.” She spoke before crouching down and quickly gathering the supplies.

“Uh.” She was still fumbling with her train of thoughts, but it was quickly coming back. “This will be quick.” Ashley began to wrap his arm in a long arm posterior splint, her hands carefully placing the splint as to not cause him anymore pain than he may have already been in. But her eyes continually looking back up at him, she couldn't help it. “Ideally, this should be worn for about six weeks.” The Knightfall Saint was now back into doctor role. “But…” Her blue eyes looked into his crimson as she gave a half smile. “I have a feeling you won’t last long, so I’m going to give you a brace that you need to wear during your downtime at least.” She began to finish up. “And I expect to see it on you when we go get that coffee.”

#216 Posted by Grimmwald (3330 posts) - - Show Bio

@phantomshell: @ashley_knightfall:

The blood ran hot in his veins, and as he locked her eyes in a gaze as passionate as their kiss, Kellan couldn't help but answer her smile with his own. "Good", he said, unaware that the footsteps his dermal senses had - for a second - latched onto, weren't a nurse's, but someone else's. But they'd vanished, and they didn't matter. How could anything else matter but the deep blue of the eyes staring back at his? She was beautiful, yes. His ruby eyes confessed it with every glance at her lips, every small smirk they shared amid conversation and flirtation. But it was her heart he adored. She was kind and good and bled for Gothic City just as he did. She was everything he wanted to be. The moral redemption he sought. The good he wanted to be. The woman he wanted to be with. The woman he was now with.

Ashley's words stumbled, her breath still chopping out her heaving chest. "Sure", he smiled, pulling back to sink back to the bed he'd stood from. And as she returned to his side, and her hands patched up his broken arm, he caught her eyes lifting to his. She couldn't help it, and he couldn't help but look back. What hung in the air between them was undeniable. But as the hum of hospital machinery echoed to his ears, and the pale gaze of the overhead lights loomed over them, Kellan's urge to return his lips to hers was cut - even if only for a moment - by a chuckle as Ashley mentioned a brace. "Reading me this well so soon? Guess I was right to want you", he teased, "And that reminds me", Kellan paused, the hand of his good arm finding hers as he held it, stroked her fingers soft and up and down with his thumb, "To read you", he smiled, turning her hand over and over and doting it like they'd been together for years.

"I'm not saying this just because you treated my arm and because I like you", he paused, eyes drawing hers into a deep gaze. "What you do for Gothic.. I can see it in your eyes, you do this because you genuinely care. Because your capacity for good is your greatest quality. That's why you're a doctor, and that's why you're a hero. Maybe not the one Gothic writes newspaper articles about. But you're the one that cares. The one Gothic needs. Never forget that". Allowing his words to sink deeper in her mind, Kellan's smile soon turned flirtatious. "Now", he chuckled, his hand leaving hers to find her chin as he leaned forward and met her lips, Kellan took her bottom lip with his teeth and bit down gentle, soft, and teasing. "I'll ask you again. Sure you don't want to keep me here for a week or two?", he flirted.

#217 Posted by Ashley_Knightfall (973 posts) - - Show Bio

Image result for fan gif golden girls

goddamn

#218 Posted by Grimmwald (3330 posts) - - Show Bio
#219 Posted by Hawkshade (4947 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall:

No Caption Provided

It never crossed his overconfident mind. Through the numerous day-dreams and imaginary reunion scenarios, not once had the self-assured Strix entertained the idea that Ashley had been doing anything outside of waiting for him to return. To come back and share in the whirlwind Bonny and Clyde like story that would surely end in one or both of their deaths.

His cavalier strides through the sterilized halls of the Catholicon were reminiscent of his first visit. A visit that would eventually see the Knightfall Saint reintroduced to the land of the living. A survivor. A doctor. A CEO. But she had also proven to be someone in which Ishmael could confide in. Their tragic tales of lose were a mirror of one another, yet neither had been willing to completely withdraw from the world. Together they were going to hunt down and destroy the League, destroy her cousin's doppleganger. And in Ishmael's mind, that was only the beginning.

With the thumb of his right hand snagged in the front of his belt, his left carried a solitary rose. Jeans, jacket, white-t and redmask, the Phantomshell fit in among the criminal elements seeking aid. From a costumed perspective at least. Gothic's seedier confederates had always been known for their visual theater. But beneath his mask he sneered at them all. They needed to be controlled, shown what was, and wasnt, going to fly in his city.

Of course the nurses were greeted with charismatic yet effortless nods and subtle flirtation. Just a warm up for the grand finale. He came around the corner with familiar knowledge, brazenly avoiding or out right ignoring the restrictions of the Catholicon, almost stepping into the room first without looking. Narrowly glancing up through the door window before making his way inside...

@grimmwald said:

and pressed her back against the wall behind her as he kissed her again.

...Saved the embarrassment of being noticed only by the grace of his reactionary brilliance, Ishmael dexterously spun away from the door right back into his prior stride. Handing off the rose to a passing CENA "Smile." Leaving the aid somewhat stunned but appreciative. Good for Ash, she needs a win. Convincing himself for the sake of his egotistical pride, he had neglected to think about what it was he had just seen. Who...he had just seen.

Nothing good will come of this. Nothing.

#220 Posted by Alpha_Dog (1046 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade:

Depends on yer perspective. >;)

#221 Posted by Ashley_Knightfall (973 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald:

“Read me?” She inquired with curiosity. His hand grasped hers and she could feel the callous that had built up upon them from the years of training, but at the same time… the way he held her hand, was so gently, with care, as if handling something delicate. She took a set on an empty spot on his bed, and listened to him attentively. She couldn’t help it, her throat began to swell with emotion. There were so many reasons she became a doctor, at first it was to be able to patch up her twin brother. Then it was to save as many lives as she could during the start of the war on the Power Couple in her universe. Then it was to help the rebellion. Now? It was a mixture of all of it, in one. A doctor to save as many lives as she can, to help her team, to protect the ones she cared about, to try and help the city that is in chaos… and he saw it.

But as he leaned forward, she leaned forward too, expecting a kiss, only for him to playfully bite at her lip. She was taken back a bit,, not expecting it as she let out a airy laugh. He certainly wasn’t making this easy for her, at all. “If it was up to me?” She lightly pushed his back onto the bed and leaned in to his ear as she softly spoke, her warm breath pressing against his skin. “We would never leave this room.”

She slowly pulled away a lingering smile on her lips as her hands grasped onto his uninjured hand. “But the city needs us, it can't afford us to be that selfish, no matter how much I us want to.”

#222 Posted by Grimmwald (3330 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall:

As Ashley joined him and the hospital bed creaked in protest from their shared weight, Kellan's eyes found hers, and he answered her laugh with a teasing smile, "You like that. I'll keep that in mind now". Holding her gaze as the lights above made her eyes gleam like crystals of sapphire, the Horned Saint was caught off guard by the push of her hands on his chest. He could do little to curb his chuckle as she lay him down on the bed and climbed over him. The way her lips grazed his ear as she whispered a bold promise, Kellan's smile curled into a smirk, and his hand had found it's way to her hip - until she pulled away with a familiar smile. "You tease", he laughed, feeling her hands wrap round his good arm as she pulled him back to her.

Sat back up, Kellan's hand slid to hers and stroked the back of it with his thumb as she spoke. As the words flowing from her reminded him just why he was so drawn to her. "This city's probably luckier than I am to have you", he joked, "If only it knew how much you did for it. But a true hero doesn't look for adulation. They fight for the good of everyone because it's their nature", he said, more seriously, and swearing with his eyes that the hero he spoke of was her. "You're a good woman", he paused, pulling her in for the soft kiss she'd expected moments before. He lingered on her lips, kissed her slow and languid before pulling away and darting his eyes at Dog's severed limbs left atop a nearby table. At the sight of the vibranium gauntlets, his brow lifted, and he immediately thought of Richard. My brother could use those, he thought.

"Those gauntlets, Hawkshade could use them", he said, not knowing if Richard had divulged his own identity to Ashley. Turning back and meeting eyes with Ashley, he smirked, "So, doctor", he teased, "What do you have in mind for how we can deal with Alpha Dog now that we have what we need?".

#223 Posted by Ashley_Knightfall (973 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald:

Their lips touched once more. She couldn’t help but smile. Ashley missed this, more than she realized. Having someone to care about, having someone who cared about you. She swore she wouldn’t allow another man into her heart when her husband died in Reality M. But this Ruby eyed man she knew so little about… made his way into her life and she couldn’t help but fall for him. Her fingers gently pressed along his jawline, which were tickled by little stubble from the evening.

The two pulled away, and she was still smiling, it was as if it was permanently stuck on her face. “The gauntlet?” Her eyes then turned to look at the lump of flesh that was still sitting on the counter. Oops, she really should get that somewhere before it starts rotting. “Oh, right, sure, of course he can have it.” She looked back, the two locking eyes, sapphire and crimson. She reluctantly let his hand go as she stood up from the bed, walking over to the counter top as she slipped on a new pair of gloves, picking up the lump of flesh. “I actually have a couple of ideas.” She began as she pried the gauntlet off and set it on the counter.

“I can create the anti-coagulation for his specific healing abilities. The only issue with that is trying to get the medication inside him in order for it to work. I can make an inhaled anti-coagulation, but I’m sure he’ll be expecting us to be using inhalation drugs on him. So I’ll make different versions such as injection and ingestion. But this will only work on attacks that make him bleed. Things like… broken bones, dislocations, muscle tears, tendons and such will still be able to heal. The anticoagulant will only prolong bleeding because it stops the body from being able to clot off wounds.” She was getting really into the possibilities and even the restrictions of her plans. It helped, being able to talk it about it out loud, being able to hear her planning instead of just rambling in her own head. "I can even possibly make a serum that can halt his healing all together for a short period of time... but... that'll take several months to produce."

But it didn’t just stop there. “I can also make more of the hallucinatory drugs, make a more varied between inhalation and liquid to possibly get him to consume. Maybe throw some sort of liquid in his mouth or even a pellet. Or… maybe. A metal that can pierce through his skin… like your sword. Lace it with the hallucination drug and introduce it to the body like that. But this time, seeing as how the drug worked before, I can focus it on making it give a more sedated effect than making him agitated. I can also do a little revamp of my Rapid Plugging Gel that I created a while back ago. It’s used to almost instantly stop bleeding by using algae to-” The Knightfall Saint paused for a moment, realizing she was about to go into a scientific rant, more so than a rant she was already going on. “Um, it helps stop bleeding but with his DNA, I can possibly create a Rapid Healing Gel instead. Heal wounds on the battlefield as quickly as he does. But.. that’ll take a little while to create, possibly longer than by the time the group will want to fight Alpha Dog, but I can at least improve on the RPG and make enough for the team to take and use. I wouldn’t want any… unnecessary side effects.” She finally stopped, taking a moment to breath and ponder everything she talked about so quickly.

Her eyes looked over at Kellan, finally as she cleared her throat, realizing on just how much talking she had done and how much information she had unleashed in just a few minutes. “That's all I got at the moment. I can get started today.”

#224 Posted by Grimmwald (3330 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall:

Kellan felt her reluctance to pull her hand from his, he felt it as her fingertips lingered at his touch before she pulled away to pluck the gauntlet from Dog's severed arm. "I know I'm the one with the injured arm", he quipped, scarlet eyes following Ashley where she walked, "But I think he should have it". Every item found, every piece of gear found buried or abandoned, he gave to Richard. He'd done so with the armored vest he'd salvaged from Black House, and he'd do the same with Dog's gauntlet. Kellan'd only ever claimed one spoil from battle; Synergy X's vibranium sword. Meeting eyes with Ashley, Kellan held his head in a subtle tilt to the side as the medical jargon flowed out her mouth. She knew so much. More than he knew about anything else. The smile - though small - was genuine as he listened to her. She was passionate about it.

"He'll be expecting another gas attack, that I'm sure. After tonight, he's sure to recognize that it's the move with the lowest risk and highest success rate because as hard to keep down as he is, he still needs to breathe. His cells still need oxygen for energy to work. He'll expect it", Kellan nodded, his eyes drifting to the floor and imagining the cold tiles as a battle ground. "Of the many things I learned about him today though, it's that while he's fast", he paused, lifting his eyes back to Ashley's, "And surprisingly so, I'm still faster. But not by much. Anti-coagulation through injection will work best. He got me good today but if I prepare better and watch my every step, I can get in close, move around him, cut him here and there with my sword or wrist blades, then back out the moment he bleeds. And with you and the rest of the team, we can shock him. That, he won't be expecting". Though as she warned him about the time she'd need for a true anti-healing serum, Kellan hopped off the hospital bed and strode to her.

"Ashley", he began, striding closer before leaning against a wall near her, "Don't worry about the time it'll take. Because this won't be the last time we'll have to deal with him. At least next time, we'll be better armed. Thanks to you", he smiled before nodding at her suggestion to lace his sword with a psychoactive agent. "That'll work better. Especially with my sword, I can cut him and use the extra inches of reach to stay out his range". Pausing, his good hand rubbing the stubble on his chin at the time needed for her to develop the Rapid Healing Gel, Kellan shrugged, "**** it, we may just have to wait then. We'll run it past everyone at the next team meeting. Because that healing gel will do a lot of good. Gunmen can't even touch me with bullets, yet even high out of his mind, Dog still landed a good hit on me", he reminded, glancing at his broken arm. "Against him, we're going to sustain injuries. We're going to get hurt, because he's gonna give us as much as we're gonna give him".

Hearing her clear her throat as if to apologize for how much she'd said in so little time, Kellan chuckled, pushed off the wall he'd been leaning on, and strode to her. "No one ever told you intelligence looks good on you?", he asked, inching close, drawing her in with his walk, his smirk - his eyes, "Cause it does". Teasing a kiss before pulling away at the final inch between their lips, the Horned Saint shrugged, "Almost forgot. My girlfriend", he said, bold and knowing that the fatal risks their lives as vigilantes imposed were too great for him to beat around the bush, "Told me the city can't afford for us to be this selfish". Glancing back at his broken arm, his eyes trailed over the brace before returning to Ashley's, "Get started today", he agreed. "How about we meet with the team tomorrow to talk the details over?".

#226 Posted by Grimmwald (3330 posts) - - Show Bio
#227 Posted by Hawkshade (4947 posts) - - Show Bio
#228 Posted by Ashley_Knightfall (973 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald:

She began taking mental notes of his suggestions. She had a vast knowledge of medical science but he was the one with the combat strategy. She would take his suggestions and opinions of her ideas and use them to help the team. It would be him and the rest of the team who would be using whatever she is capable of creating for the team to use against Alpha Dog. They were relying on her to give them the edge in this fight. She felt the pressure, but thrived on it.

But the thought of Kellan going into a battle with a wounded elbow… it didn’t sit well with her, even with her personal feelings for him set aside. She knew him fighting with a wounded arm could not only slow him down, but also limit his range of attacks and in the process… put the team in danger. She would have to talk about this to about him. Maybe she could come up with a brace that’ll allow him to move but still give some support. It was something she would have to look into. Because one thing she knew for sure… he wasn’t about to stand by and let the others go into the fight without him.

She gave a sharp nod of her head. “I’ll make the Anti-coagulation injections and the hallucinogenic to be placed on your sword as well as in the form of gas… just in case. As for the injuries, well… that’s why you all recruited me, is it not?” She gave a playful wink as he began to walk towards her, closing the distance as her heart to be palpitate just a little faster. How did he do that so effortlessly?

He leaned in for what she thought was a kiss, she held her breath for a moment, waiting, yearning, but before they could even brush against each other, he pulled away. Her eyes narrowed at him as she took in a sharp breath before giving him a slight smile. But then he said it, he gave her the title, girlfriend. It caught her off guard at first and it could be seen in her eyes as they slightly widen, but she gave a chuckle and relaxed as he began to use her own words against her. How dare he. Girlfriend. She hadn’t been called in… a while. It felt strange, but nice. “Well, boyfriend,” She spoke the foreign, locking her blue eyes with his red. “I should get to work then. If you would be so kind as to set up this meeting, that would be fantastic, since I don’t know how to get a hold of the team myself.” She slowly leaned forward, her fingers gently grasping his splinted arm as the other hand reached up to his face, her thumb lightly running along his jawline before she leaned him and gave him a kiss on the lips, only for a moment as she pulled away, a smile still lingering on her lips. “I needed that for good luck.”

#229 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG they're so cuuuuuuuuute

#230 Posted by Grimmwald (3330 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall:

There was a second, a lull between their words that hung so thick in the air Kellan could feel it. And from it, he caught the tinge of worry in Ashley's eyes. Perhaps his arm wouldn't heal in time for him to help his teammates bring Alpha Dog to justice. And a bracer would only lure Dog's eyes to where Kellan would be most vulnerable. Holding her gaze, the scarlet shade of his eyes deepened with the resolve that'd been strong in him since childhood, "Even if I had two broken arms, and only one leg to stand on", he rasped, "I still wouldn't let that fight happen without me. The Shadow Knights are my family", he continued, stepping forward, voice as deep as his iron will, "And you", Kellan paused, mouth pulling back into a small but genuine smile, "Well.. if the past couple of minutes haven't made clear how I feel about you, then I don't know what to say", he joked.

"My sword is my best bet, but I agree. We'll need the option to drug him from the air. And as for why I recruited you", the Horned Saint paused, answering her playful wink with a quick smirk, "That is why", he nodded, closing the distance between them, "But it isn't why I wanna keep you around", he flirted before he cocked a brow at how bold she'd grown with him. Boyfriend. "Would you be surprised if I said I liked this side of you more than the one who treated my arm?", Kellan quipped, his smile softening as her hand grazed his injured arm, and the other his face. She kissed him, and he lingered on her lips, lips he felt were meant to be kissed back by his. Slowly, she pulled away, and Kellan matched her smile with his own. "Hopefully you'll need it many times over when I come see you again", he quipped, "I'll set up the meeting with the team, then I'll come take you there".

"And then after, I'll take you out for some coffee as promised". With a step, he vanished, sinking into the nearest shadow out the door and emerging elsewhere, away from the Catholicon.

#231 Edited by Ashley_Knightfall (973 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade@grimmwald@redreaver@tessa_callahan No response needed, just figured I would tag you guys so you could (if you want) read up on what stuff I created for the fight for Alpha Dog fight.

I also placed some links to some stuff for educational reasons in case anyone was curious and genuinely wanted to know more in detail about some of the stuff.

Any questions or concerns just let me know

Creation of The LEASH, The RAPP and Triple H Agent

No Caption Provided

The Knightfall Saint sat at a metallic desk in the laboratory portion of the catholicon as she looked through her electronic microscope looking through at the complex blood cells that belonged to Alpha Dog. It was her own personal lab, filled with different chemicals, medications and other equipment needed for any medical experimentation she was to perform. Right now, she was working on the anti-coagulation serum for Alpha Dog. Seeing his healing first hand was… extraordinary. As an individual with healing capabilities, she had yet to see someone who could start healing almost instantly and with such rapid growth in tissue.

Kellan had requested that she made an anti-coagulation to give the team an edge in the fight against him, and she agreed. But it was more complex than she was hoping. So far prescribed anti-coagulants and anti-platelet agents had no effect on Alpha Dog’s clotting factor.

Warfarin, pradaxa, xarelto, heparin, Eliquis, Plavix, dipyridamole, Ticlid, she even tried aspirin! The pressure was on, but instead of stressing, she just became even more determined.

It wasn’t until a stroke patient came into the Catholicon, that it dawned on her, the one thing she had yet to try yet. Tissue Plasminogen Activator, also known more commonly as tPA. Given to patients with clots in their brains (and even in heart attack patients) it is known as a “Clot busting” agent and in the process, heavily thin the blood. It was the strongest anticoagulant medication out in the field of medicine. It was so strong that it was only allowed to be given to patients who fit the very tight and limited criteria. She was just going to have to tweak the tPA to fit Alpha Dog’s clotting factor, and she did.

Creation of The LEASH
Creation of The LEASH

The fibirin and Factor VIII in Alpha Dog’s blood formed in an alarming rate, but with the altered tPA (Which she named “The LEASH” Limiting Enzyme Agent and Secure Hemophilia) it would halt the blood from forming any clots to prevent bleeding, even with his exceptional healing capabilities. To any normal human, the agent could kill them by stripping away the proteins that make the blood vessels and causing them to hemorrhage and kill them within minutes. Ashley thought of this as well. Creating a serum from Tranexamic Acid and combining it with the polymers found in the algae she used to create her RPG (Rapid Polymer Generation or Rapid Plugging Gel for more simpler terms). This will replace the striped protein in the blood and promote clotting once more, but only for a short while until the individual could get the appropriate medical care. She called this the Rapid Application Polymer Protein or “The RAPP”.

The created the LEASH to be injected into Alpha Dog via dart gun, to help her teammates keep a distance. The injection would take a minute to course throughout his body and take effect quickly just like normal tPA worked for humans. Without intervention, and with all the tests she ran, LEASH should last up to ten minutes per injection. Though she would hope only one would be needed.

Next was the hallucinate agent created from 5-meo-dmt. The last combination of medications she used had the opposite effect of what she wanted. He became aggressive and was able to too quickly recover from the chemical gas. She needed to make it more sedating. The slower he moved, the less danger her team would be in, or so she hoped. The mistake she made last time was combining 5-meo-dmt to Depnil, an antidepressant and anti-anxiety medication. She needed to use harmaline, which was her first choice. As a MAO-A inhibitor it was able to be easily combined with the 5-meo-dmt. Harmaline is a psychoactive indole alkaloid, which helped induced sedation dream like hallucinations and cause the hallucinations to last twice as long as before. But it wasn’t the only reason why she chose Harmaline. It was because with enough of it, it was known to cause severe hypertension. Mix the hypertension with LEASH and it was a recipe for disaster, spontaneous internal hemorrhage was a high likely. It was a disaster only Ashley would be able to reverse. One that she called Hallucinate Hypertensive Hemorrhaging Agent or Triple H Agent.

Triple H Agent in liquid form
Triple H Agent in liquid form

There were two forms of this she created. The most preferable way was through the air. Small pellets of the Triple H Agent were created. But the main form was as a waxy like substance that would be coated upon Kellan (and anyone else with a bladed weapon) sword. The moment it would enter the bloodstream, it would take a total of one minute to take effect. How long it would stay in effect? According to the tests she ran with Alpha Dog’s blood, it would last a total of five hours with the peak at five minutes lasting for three, but effects would be cut in half afterwards and slowly decline until it was gone. It was the best she could create at the moment. With more time, she would be able to do more.

#232 Edited by Hawkshade (4947 posts) - - Show Bio
#233 Posted by Feral Nova (58216 posts) - - Show Bio
#234 Posted by Grimmwald (3330 posts) - - Show Bio
#235 Posted by Feral Nova (58216 posts) - - Show Bio
#236 Edited by Grimmwald (3330 posts) - - Show Bio
#237 Posted by Rosso (5419 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall: Very good with toxins, doctor. Whaddya say while I'm visiting we kick around some ideas, point me toward your cabinets? >:)

#238 Posted by Feral Nova (58216 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso said:

@ashley_knightfall: Very good with toxins, doctor. Whaddya say while I'm visiting we kick around some ideas, point me toward your cabinets? >:)

For my nightshift nemesis? I’ll think about it :PP

#239 Posted by RedReaver (108 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova: Good post with Ashley, I can tell you've really outdone yourself with the research you've done to play a character with that skillset. *Two Thumbs up* ^_^

#240 Posted by Rosso (5419 posts) - - Show Bio
#241 Posted by Hawkshade (4947 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso: I never knew she had so many gifs.

#242 Posted by Rosso (5419 posts) - - Show Bio
#243 Posted by Phantomshell (1168 posts) - - Show Bio
#244 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

Nova's so damn good.

#245 Posted by Alpha_Dog (1046 posts) - - Show Bio
#246 Posted by Lucian_LeBeau (1435 posts) - - Show Bio
#247 Posted by Ashley_Knightfall (973 posts) - - Show Bio
#248 Posted by Kaija (1832 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall: I really like Ashley Knighfall as a character. I think I have a thing for characters whose jobs play a large part in their lives and skill-sets. I'm admittedly more interested in "Ashley the physician" than I am in "Ashley the vigilante" but the former aspect of her life, to me, is what makes her more interesting as a character. Anywho, I know that I've said that I found the character interesting before, but still. I like it!

#249 Posted by Feral Nova (58216 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaija said:

@ashley_knightfall: I really like Ashley Knighfall as a character. I think I have a thing for characters whose jobs play a large part in their lives and skill-sets. I'm admittedly more interested in "Ashley the physician" than I am in "Ashley the vigilante" but the former aspect of her life, to me, is what makes her more interesting as a character. Anywho, I know that I've said that I found the character interesting before, but still. I like it!

Thank you Kaija, I really appreciate that :)

I actually like “Ashley the physician“ more myself lol which is why I pretty much never used her as a hero up until now. Not sure how much hero work she’ll actually do, but a physicians job is never done! someone is always going to get sick or get hurt lol

#250 Posted by Rosso (5419 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall: Guess who's coming to dinner? A little short n' sweet to set it.

Her story: She was a hero, and she was in Gothic tracking a wanted man--not wholly untrue; she'd played hero for hire for Brian Newcastle in Grimm City, helped save the whole damn town, and the vigilante was a wanted man--when things went south. Thankfully she hadn't been the only one in pursuit of the criminal when the water rose above her head, and the kindness of the stranger (@phantomshell) was her only hope for survival. So he led her there, to the Catholicon, and the service of Gothic's very own Angel of Mercy.

At least that was the plan when Valentina stumbled and fell into the doors of the Catholicon, stunting blood loss from the wounds in her body and leg as well as she could. She ran it by him but the Scarlet Shadowrunner was as yet entirely unfamiliar with her ally-by-proxy. Not nearly enough to be confident in his cooperation. It seemed everybody in the Godforsaken country was a loose cannon. A product, she imagined, of their deeply-ingrained cowboy roots. Still, she'd yet to hear vocalisation of any dissent on the way. (Although she'd faded in and out of consciousness several times even in the midst of explaining, hardly aware of whether or not her words were even intelligible. By the time they made it to the triage station, the entire situation was in his hands.