This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

Killing is bad but cutting off arms is fine?

#152 Posted by Alpha_Dog (1046 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald:

"Considerin' I can regrow two arms before one o' yers can heal, them's bold words, pal."

#153 Posted by Grimmwald (3329 posts) - - Show Bio

@alpha_dog:

I only need one hand to hold a dog leash
I only need one hand to hold a dog leash

Killing is bad but cutting off arms is fine?

I did it for Ashley ;P

#154 Posted by Alpha_Dog (1046 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald:

And I don't need any to break a devil's bones.
And I don't need any to break a devil's bones.
#155 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio
#156 Posted by Grimmwald (3329 posts) - - Show Bio

@tessa_callahan: No. The line you're willing to cross is one you shouldn't even be walking towards.

@alpha_dog:

Every dog has it's day, friend. And as the devil I can tell you not all of them go to heaven
Every dog has it's day, friend. And as the devil I can tell you not all of them go to heaven

#157 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald: You wouldn't let me do it? Even if it assured he'd never come after Ashley? Never came after me? Never come after Richard?

#158 Posted by Alpha_Dog (1046 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald: You wouldn't let me do it? Even if it assured he'd never come after Ashley? Never came after me? Never come after Richard?

Oh yeah...Ashley. Almost forgot there was a member o' yer little family I hadn't put any hurt on, yet.

#159 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio
#160 Posted by Grimmwald (3329 posts) - - Show Bio

@tessa_callahan: He won't ever come after Ashley or you or Richard, not after I do to him what I've always intended.

I love that you listed Ashley first, LOL.

@tessa_callahan said:

Oh yeah...Ashley. Almost forgot there was a member o' yer little family I hadn't put any hurt on, yet.

Trying to take me to the boiling point, turn me into a monster... I can dig it, LOL.

#161 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald: Nothing short of killing him will work.

I know the priority order lol.

#162 Posted by Alpha_Dog (1046 posts) - - Show Bio

@tessa_callahan: Ain't there some kid the Hawk's adopted, too?

My
My "to do" list just keeps growin'.

#163 Edited by Grimmwald (3329 posts) - - Show Bio

@tessa_callahan: No. We don't kill. Not even a monster like him. I've been what he is and I'm not going back.

LOL, don't make me choose between the brother I love and the woman I have the hots for.

#164 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio
#165 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald: You've never been what he is, and I'm more than happy to take the cosmic toll.

We'll just leave me out in the snow :P

#166 Posted by Alpha_Dog (1046 posts) - - Show Bio
#167 Posted by Grimmwald (3329 posts) - - Show Bio

@tessa_callahan: You don't know what I've been. No one does. Only Richard. That's why he understands.

Think of it this way, I'm making sure you're the one heart I don't break during my inevitable heel turn >_>

#168 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald: I know what you're not now. And I know what I'll do to keep your soul intact.

Slick recovery :P

#169 Posted by Grimmwald (3329 posts) - - Show Bio

@tessa_callahan: The past has a tendency to repeat itself. I'm not taking any chances.

I know I'm a genius ;P

#170 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald: That's okay. You don't need to take any. You don't even need to know.

I'm not going to admit it just to be difficult.

#171 Posted by Grimmwald (3329 posts) - - Show Bio

@tessa_callahan: I won't have to know to know. I'll see it in your eyes, the way you'll walk and breathe. I don't have to know to know.

This is why we can't have nice things, LOL.

#172 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald: You think I can't hide it, that I haven't done it before?

Yeah, but you wouldn't change it.

#173 Posted by Grimmwald (3329 posts) - - Show Bio

@tessa_callahan: I know who you are, Tess. And I won't stop knowing just because you decide to play hide and seek with who you are.

You got me there, bella.

#174 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio
#175 Posted by Grimmwald (3329 posts) - - Show Bio
#176 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald: Am I still gonna be like a sister to you when my dirty deeds are done?

No, that's your job ;)

#177 Edited by Grimmwald (3329 posts) - - Show Bio

@tessa_callahan: That'll never change, Tess. But other things might.

True ;)

#178 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald: But the people I love will be safe.

Hehe.

#179 Posted by Grimmwald (3329 posts) - - Show Bio
#180 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald: I think I could bear any price if my family was safe - shoulder any burden.

#181 Posted by Grimmwald (3329 posts) - - Show Bio
#182 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio
#183 Posted by Feral Nova (58199 posts) - - Show Bio
#184 Posted by Grimmwald (3329 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova: I resent you for that! I might turn evil. Besides, be with both of us. Monogamy is outdated anyway ;P

#185 Posted by Feral Nova (58199 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova: I resent you for that! I might turn evil. Besides, be with both of us. Monogamy is outdated anyway ;P

You mean.... A POLYAMORY RELATIONSHIP!? WITH TWO HOT GUYS WHO MIGHT BOTH BETRAY ME AT THE SAME TIME!?

Related image

Image result for sweating gif girl

#186 Posted by Grimmwald (3329 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova: *Pulls Ashley into a kiss before betraying her and revealing that he's actually best friends with Alpha Dog and it was all part of some extremely contrived plan to break the element of trust among vigilantes

#187 Posted by Feral Nova (58199 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova: *Pulls Ashley into a kiss before betraying her and revealing that he's actually best friends with Alpha Dog and it was all part of some extremely contrived plan to break the element of trust among vigilantes

Image result for what the heck gif

#188 Posted by Grimmwald (3329 posts) - - Show Bio

@feral_nova: I mean, he could treat her well, perfectly even.. but where's the fun in that? :D

Kidding, I'll be good ;P

Avatar image for ashley_knightfall
#189 Posted by Ashley_Knightfall (971 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald:

"Just one. Are you going to keep me here for a couple of weeks to make sure I heal properly?”

She gave a nervous smile and gave an airy soft laugh as she began walking up to him. Until she was on the side of the dislocated shoulder. “I don’t think you want to be stuck here for a couple of weeks. I’m going to trust that you don’t want further injury to the elbow and you’re going to stay in the splint I give you. I hope that’s not asking for too much.”

“Now…” she gently placed on hand on the shoulder as the other grasped upon his bicep. “Normally for a dislocation like this they would simply pull at the arm by the wrist. However, because of your fracture, I’m going to pull on your arm from the upper portion of your arm.” she lightly squeezed his bicep, to show where she was going to be pulling. “I know you have a high tolerance for pain, but I have to warn you that this will hurt.” She spoke in an apologetic tone, but it was something she had to do.

Not wanting to waste another moment she began to give traction to the arm, grasping his bicep with both hands and she began to forcefully pull on his arm. Ashley wasn’t a muscular woman, just toned. But the strength behind her pull would surprise the average person. Over a decade of living in a Warzone Ashley was used to having to heavy lifting grown men twice her size and heavy equipment. She continued to pull right until a ‘pop’ was audibly heard from his shoulder. She let out a sigh. And began to feel around the shoulder joint and she felt it, it was in place. She gave a prideful smile for a moment. “Good as new.” she gave a light pat, her hands now warmer than they once were.

“Now, your splint for your elbow.” she walked over to some cabinets, pulling them open as she began to gather supplies. "So um..." she began, attempting to make simple conversation as she gathered her supplies. "You, Richard and Mackenzie. How did the three of you meet?"

#190 Posted by Grimmwald (3329 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall:

"Good", he smiled, catching her nervous laughter and familiar smile, "I won't do anything reckless to keep myself from healing", Grimmwald promised, head bobbing up and down in a nod. Glancing down at his elbow, the swelling didn't escape his eye. And he almost scowled at the sight till he felt Ashley's fingers graze his elbow, and her voice float to his ears. "Whatever it takes, Ashley. The pain", he paused, shaking his head as if doing so'd banish whatever pain would dare course through his arm, "I'll handle it. I'm used to this". Then, he felt it, the tugging and pulling, and the pain swarming hot and sharp. It hurt. And yet, he simply sat there, as though his arm were being simply pinched in a game.

Raised by the Strigidae, Grimmwald had felt worse pain. The pain of being forced to use a broken limb to fight for the last scrap of food left. The pain of trying to breath while water flows into the nose and wells up in the lungs. The pain of his skin tightening and leaking tissue from the cruel lick of a flame. He'd felt it all. So he heard the pop, smiled, and lifted his eyes to the deep blue of Ashley's. "Thanks. You're good at this", he said, "Then again, it'd be awkward owning your own hospital if you weren't good at this", he quipped, lips pulled into a teasing smirk. Though as he watched her make the walk to some cabinets and reach into them for supplies, her question - the question he knew she had - echoed to his ears as clear as day. Grimmwald almost frowned. His mind pulled back to the memories of his days under the Strigidae's cruel thumb, of the days when he spilled the blood of men with the same care he felt when stomping an ant.

Days he hoped to never return to. So he shut his eyes, breathed in the cool air, and breathed out. "I can't speak for Richard and Mackenzie, it's not my place to", nor was it his place to reveal Tessa's true name if she herself hadn't. "But my life growing up, I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. Not even the worst people I know - and I know plenty. Richard, I met a long time ago. A long long time ago", he said, "He's the one who convinced me to do what I do now. To help people. To stomp out injustice wherever it hides. And there was no way I could've said no. Because a part of me had always wanted to, and despite everything I'd already been through... I was scared to", he paused, eyes darting to the floor, head hanging low as his heart clamored with his fear of the Strigidae. "But I did it anyway, put the horned cowl on and it's been like that ever since. Mackenzie", he paused, "We met by accident.. we were looking for someone else but found her instead".

Hopping off the hospital bed, Grimmwald rolled his neck and strode forward with nay a shred of doubt in him. "The things I've been through, I should be dead. Should've died a long time ago", he said, nearing her, "And I might die at any moment. It's a dangerous life, the one we live, Ashley. Risking our lives for this city and it's people. One second of sloppiness and a good gunman and I'm dead. Everything could end as fast as it started. Which is why", he paused, wrapping his good arm round her waist and facing her towards him, "I'm saying screw it, I like you and I'm being this forward". He leaned in, and kissed her, grazed his lips with hers, soft and warm, and curled his good arm tighter round her waist till she melted into that moment of passion.

#191 Posted by Feral Nova (58199 posts) - - Show Bio
#192 Edited by Grimmwald (3329 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for ashley_knightfall
#193 Posted by Ashley_Knightfall (971 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimmwald:

She listened carefully and attentively to his story, even as she was gathering her supplies to splint his arm. He didn’t seem like the man who wanted people to feel sorry for, but her heart broke. It matched with what she saw, everything she saw. The scars on his body, in his bones, the way he moved himself in a fight, the way he almost ignored pain. It was because of a difficult life. She didn’t know details, but she didn’t need to. She respected his secrets, afterall… she had a few of her own.

Death, she was anything but a stranger to it. How many loved ones have died? How many times she almost died? She ended up pausing in what she was doing. One hand holding supplies while the other was holding onto the cabinet door. But she jumped a little, a gasp escaped from her as she felt his arm wrap around her waist. “Kellan!” She spoke out in surprise, she didn’t even hear him get off the bed. Most of the larger supplies fell to the floor as she was suddenly pressed against him. ‘What are you doing?’ was what she would have said, but she was silenced by a kiss, his kiss. Her body frozen for a second, her mind trying to catch up with what was going on. He was kissing her. Hes’ so young. She doesn’t even know him that well. HE doesn’t even know HER that well. Did she mention he was so young? It was all swimming in her mind. But one that stood out more? Oh god… this felt… fantastic.

Her muscles began to slowly relax, almost melting as she dropped the last of the few smaller supplies that were in her hands and reached up to him. Her hands began to glide up the sides of his neck as her fingers began to intertwine with his brown curls at the back of his head as she pressed herself into him. Did she like him? Of course she did. When was the last time she was held like this? Kissed like this? With passion? It would be a lie if she said she miss this. A lie to say she didn’t long for this. But she was the one who broke the kiss. She was feeling a little lightheaded, disoriented after being taken surprised by the intense kiss. “Kellan.” She whispered his name softly, and she could feel his breath against her lips. “You… I-I” What was English? She struggled, fumbling as her cheeks turned red as her hands suddenly found themselves resting on his rather firm Pectoral muscles “Oh hi.” she cleared her throat, as she pulled her hands off of them. “I uh, I.. need to fix your arm.” she was trying to refocus herself, very much so right now. She was trying to be responsible. But it was clear in her eyes, as she looked into his ruby reds, she wanted more.

#194 Posted by Grimmwald (3329 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall:

She was a Knightfall different from all others. Genuine. Honest. Kind. Good. And it lured him in, pulled him in like a force of nature. Because she was what he aspired to be. Good. He wanted to be as blue as her eyes, eyes that stared back at his like sapphires. And as he stared back at those eyes he'd grown familiar with, Grimmwald couldn't deny the urge to be with her. His good arm around her waist, her breath warm on his lips as she whispered his name, he'd almost forgotten why he was there. That his left arm was broken, that mere moments ago they were in Gothic's dreary streets spilling the blood of a savage killer. How could he think about anything else with those eyes staring into his? With the pale glow of the lights above them dancing over her rosy cheeks?

"Hi", he returned, smiling as she cleared her throat and dropped her hands from his chest. She was his teammate. And years older than he was. But he didn't care. He just didn't. He liked her and that was that. "You can do that later", he said, voice lower as he drew her back in with eyes and pressed her back against the wall behind her as he kissed her again. There was a rush as he crushed her lips with his own, as he swept his tongue into her mouth and kissed her deeper than before, kissed her till her chest heaved breathlessly against his, till it felt like a lightning bolt was crackling in their bones. His hand found hers, pinned it to the wall and laced their fingers together. He couldn't but think of the last time he'd kissed a woman. During his Strigidae days? When attempting to charm the information of a target from someone? Maybe. He wasn't sure, and he didn't care.

Breaking away from her lips, the Horned Saint held her gaze and simply hung there, inches from her face, panting before a smile returned to his face. "Now I definitely have to take you out for coffee later", he chuckled. Soon the stinging ache of pain returned to his elbow, and he remembered. They'd just fought Alpha Dog, his left arm was broken, and Ashley's supplies were on the floor.

#195 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

#196 Posted by Rosso (5388 posts) - - Show Bio

My destructive instincts are kicking in...

#197 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso: Let them have this nice thing.

#198 Posted by Rosso (5388 posts) - - Show Bio

@tessa_callahan: Tessie, he's calling me out. What's it look like if I don't show the world there are consequences?

#199 Edited by Alpha_Dog (1046 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso said:

My destructive instincts are kicking in...

Listen to 'em.
Listen to 'em.

#200 Posted by Rosso (5388 posts) - - Show Bio

@alpha_dog: But she said she'd provide medical assistance if it was needed.