Avatar image for ashley_knightfall
#501 Posted by Ashley_Knightfall (866 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso:

She sound so... genuine when she gave thanks. It would have fooled Ashley, easily. How long did it take someone as young as her to perfect such a skill? To perfect lies that would make politicians envious. "It's what we're here for, to help those who are in need, no matter what. I'm just happy we were able to help you. Also, volunteer here sounds great. Do well and I may even make you my assistant." At least she would be able to keep the young woman from killing people... well... at least while she was here. Maybe she could even learn more about her. "Sunday's are always busy as well. People like to party hard the night before going to work the next morning. Motor vehicle accidents, assaults, vigilante victims or vigilantes themselves. Be sure to wear some comfortable shoes and I'll provide the scrubs so you won't get your clothes dirty." It was strange, she actually felt... excited to share this part of her world with someone. "Now... I have a rather... silly question. We've known each other for a week now, and yet... I don't know what you call other than my patient." It was true, Ashley never asked for names from her patient's, ever, including her crimson haired patient. But volunteering here? That was going to be a different subject all together. "But since you're going to be learning here, I'm going to need to call you something other than your Patient ID number."

#502 Posted by Rosso (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall: "Oh! My apologies." Her shoulders hiked and her head bowed. A flush suffused her face, turning it almost as bright red as her hair. "Somehow, it didn't occurred to me to think that, how long after one-on-one interactions you can forget that you haven't exchanged names. N-not that yours needs an introduction, ma'am." Sheepishly, she met Ashley's eyes. "June. Short, for Juniper."

#503 Posted by Ashley_Knightfall (866 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso:

"Please, June, just call me Ashley." She insisted giving a smile. "Or Dr. Knightfall, whichever you're more comfortable with." She slipped her tablet back in her pocket. "I have to get going now. You take care of yourself, and I'll see you Sunday at six."

#504 Edited by Rosso (2823 posts) - - Show Bio
#505 Posted by Ashley_Knightfall (866 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso:

What can I say, she's the best
What can I say, she's the best

#506 Posted by Rosso (2823 posts) - - Show Bio
#507 Posted by Ashley_Knightfall (866 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso: What the-!? I MEANT ASHLEY! >_> Not "June"! SHE KILLS PEOPLE!

#508 Edited by Rosso (2823 posts) - - Show Bio
#509 Posted by Ashley_Knightfall (866 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso:

It was Sunday, today was the day when her once patient, “June” would be becoming a student of sort under Ashley. A student who was also an assassin… who attempted to kill her boyfriend and almost succeeded. She wasn’t completely comfortable with this, but it was the only way to get close to her, to learn about her, build trust. It would even possibly keep her from killing, at least for a few hours. Lives could be saved from this interaction. Possibly… maybe… even change her view on things? It would be a long shot. But it was one she was willing to take.

So the Knightfall sat in her office, her blonde hair tied up in a messy bun, her glasses sitting on the bridge of her nose with the lingering smell of coffee in the air. She was making plans for her newest project, opening up a mental institute in Gothic City for the criminally insane. It was almost six, she alerted her staff to keep an eye out for the crimson haired young woman and to bring her to her office. She had a set of mint green scrubs folded up on one of the seats in her office, if June actually showed up. Ashley had a plan set. Basic wound care tonight. Cleaning dirty wounds, dressing them, pressure dressings and all sorts of stuff that would come in handy in real life situations. Start off small and work their way up.

(I pick you :P)

#510 Posted by Rosso (2823 posts) - - Show Bio
#511 Edited by Feral Nova (57271 posts) - - Show Bio
#512 Posted by Rosso (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall: [Look at that! On actual Sunday!]

Inside the Catholicon, "Juniper's" eyes wandered as though it was the first time she'd ever walked into the place. Half-true, considering the first time she was virtually carried and barely conscious. Even just getting there was a chore and required the help of several kind civilians.

Around other humans she kept her head low. A thorough makeup job only slightly obscured a still mostly fresh cut over her right eye. Horn-rimmed glasses and a ponytail with side-swept bangs served both to cover this and to complement a particularly youthful and "innocent" look. She dressed semi-modestly by her own standards, completely covered from the neck-down (though her jeans and shirt still virtually contoured her body), and she spoke with a meekness antithetical to everything Rosso the Crimson. Once it began, in her mind, June was real. And so she became.

She introduced herself with a timid knock on the door. "Um...Dr. Knightfall? It's JuneJuniper. You told me to come Sunday? Well...I came."

Well, technically it's Monday now for me, but still Sunday for you!

#513 Posted by Ashley_Knightfall (866 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso:

A light knock on the door was almost not even heard as the Doctor was dictating on her speechmike, a microphone attached to her computer that was typing out everything she was saying. But it was her name that caught her attention. Her head popped up, half expecting a nurse as she saw her, June, standing at the doorway. Her entire style seemed… very different than she expected, she was good. For the last week she had only seen her once patient in bloody tattered clothes and hospital gown. She actually… looked younger now standing before her. “Oh, June! Please, please, come in!” Ashley smiled, waving her hand for the young woman to come in and motioning to the seat in front of her desk. “I almost thought you weren’t going to come.” She admitted. She wasn't actually sure if she was serious about wanting to learn, thought it was maybe just a teasing questing to get a reaction out of her... but it appears that it wasn't. “But I’m very glad you did.”

She placed her mic down and pulled off her computer glasses. “Before we start, how have you been feeling? Are you still having pain?” She asked with genuine concern. “Oh and how’s your husband doing? Is he healing well?”

#514 Posted by Rosso (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall: Thinking about Noah, she wondered. He'd been scarce since that night, out of touch. Maybe concerned she'd been marked, and thus, a liability. "As well as a workaholic with trouble accepting qualified help can," she said, cracking a smile. "That is to say, not quite like me, thanks to your help, but I've learned sometimes it's best to just let him have his way. If he wants to prove he's tough—or whatever is in his mind—I won't fight him."

Small, somewhat timid steps brought her before Dr. Knightfall's desk. She picked up the scrubs from the seat, frowned at the thought of herself wearing them, and placed them in her lap as she took a seat. "What about you? N-not that you're having pain. Or if–if you are you could tell me—I, well, not that you'd have to tell me since I know we're not that familiar, but if you wanted to I wouldn't...mind. Uhh...So how are you?" She dropped her head and nervously rubbed the back of her neck, avoiding eye contact.

#515 Posted by Ashley_Knightfall (866 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso:

No Caption Provided

She gave occasional nods, showing she was indeed listening to the conversation as she began taking an observation of how she carried herself. It was... slightly, more timid than when she was in the hospital, just slightly. She seemed so... innocent. It was baffling. "Oh I understand completely." Ashley admitted. She was never in denial about her addiction to work. But she would be damned if she was just sitting at home (that empty and quiet home) with nothing to do. "Best to just let him get it out of his system. Let him do what he needs to."

But then, June began to ramble and Ashley couldn't help but give an internal chuckle as she took a sip of her room temperature coffee. "Just a little sore, started working out again and my trainer hasn’t been the most merciful. But other than that, I’m great." She set her mug down and moved a few papers around her desk as she noticed the look she gave while picking up the scrubs. "Those scrubs, I know they're probably not your preferred color of choice, but it's so I can keep a better eye on you when we're running around. Plus, you're not going to want blood or... other body fluids on your street clothes. Now… for the rules.”

“No running off on your own unless I need you to get something for me. This is to keep you safe as well as keeping patient confidentiality. If you want a picture of a wound or do a video of a procedure, ask before you do so, this is for patient confidentiality. Do not take anything from the Catholicon unless I state it is ok to do so or give it to you myself. If I tell you to do something, don’t hesitate, just get some gloves on, and get ready for whatever is coming. Lastly, respect my staff and my patient’s and if any of them give you issues, you let me know and I’ll handle them. That’s it. Are you ready to get your scrubs on and begin?” There was enthusiasm to Ashley's voice. She had never had anyone who asked to learn from her, even though it was the same woman who almost killed her boyfriend. This was a.... rather complicated situation that she had gotten herself into. But a very interesting one needless to say. How long was June going to be able to keep up her charade? She wanted to find out.

#516 Posted by Rosso (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall: Oooh, Dr. K. So assertive! June smiled, her head tilting to one side. Was she always this way? A side effect of the "training," maybe? If nothing else, confirmed for Valentina was the fact Ashley was training with the vigilante, Grimmwald. It only made perfect sense. She's training...for me. Her heart fluttered and her eyes flared. A touching gesture, an almost intimate act of caring to devote such thought, time and effort to an individual such as herself. Whatever the reason.

Juniper nodded emphatically. "I understand. I think? So...I'm supposed to follow you at all times, except to go to the bathroom and when you need me to run. Annnd no pictures without asking. Uh, question. Could I get...I don't know, do these garments uuh...produced in a long-sleeve fashion? Like for example if someone had tattoos and wanted to cover them up?"

#517 Posted by Ashley_Knightfall (866 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso:

Her brow arched at the question. She didn't remember any tattoos or unusual markings on her. She began to wonder... what would she want to cover up? Something she didn't want to draw attention to. Something she wanted to hide, keep to herself. New battle scars possibly? Had she gone out on a job and become injured? It's the only logical thing Ashley could think of.

"We don't keep those arm sleeves here, but if you have a tattoo, it's no issue at all. You don't need to cover it up." sShe picked up her mug, taking another sip of her coffee, giving June to think for a moment. "But, if you like, I can go to the lab while you get dressed and get you one of the blue lab coats if you like?" She offered, setting her mug down as she gave a faint reassuring smile. "It wouldn't be a problem."

#518 Posted by Rosso (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall: In that case it seemed unavoidable. Regrettable, but not unforeseen. She'd come prepared, reminding herself meanwhile that Ashley already knew what she was by then. But the advantage was still hers. Ashley knew what Juniper was, but not her real name, and she had no idea that "June" knew what she knew. As long as she's unaware of my awareness, I'm still a step or two ahead and the game can continue. Besides, she'd had an excuse, should she be cornered. And she could still seize the edge.

"It's fine. I don't care," she said, shrugging in apparent frustration. She didn't turn around, nor wait for Dr. Knightfall to turn or leave, or at all express any regard for her own privacy. June kicked off her shoes, slid out of her jeans and shirt, and slipped on the scrubs she'd been provided. Again, appraising them less-than-favorably: "A bit large, aren't they?" Seemingly unconscious of the still fresh scars on both forearms up to her elbows from a recent encounter, but making a concerted and very obvious attempt to ensure her hair was still covering the one above her eye.

And yet, as though playing it cool, "Sooo...What's first?"