The Candelabra Society

Tatu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Tatu

"Ladies and gentlemen, let me welcome you to Earth's first exclusive society. Who am I, you ask? I am The Founder. For many years I have toiled, working hard when I should have been working smart. I've done everything from charitable events to arms dealing, and each and every time, I picked up something from the places I traveled. From Europe, I picked up my taste. From Indo-Europe, I developed my taste for strength. In Asia, I picked up the idea of using one technique to handle multiple problems. From the Americas, I found that money is the root of all... But it is not evil. On the contrary, money is what sets us apart from one another... The language barrier is no more than a monetary barrier, a barrier that, unless broken, will divide the elite for ages. Here, we cast aside the petty differences of alignment, of "Hero" and "Villain". Here, we become... The Candelabra Society!"

No Caption Provided

A beautiful silk tapestry falls from a niche in the ceiling. Emblazoned on it is the crest of the society. The glow around the letters seems to be a real, ethereal glow.

"This society is more than just a glorified country club. Here, we transcend race, religion, creed, skin colour, political affiliation, team affilition... There is to be no personal squabbles under these arches. This base, whose location will change on a daily basis, will serve as a diplomatic and social meeting place... A place where any individual may be come to be heard... Here, declarations of war are just pieces of paper, titles are words, and currency is king! The Society will flourish under each and every one of you representing it in your daily life. While The Society will hold charity events across the world, the realms even, it is up to its members to ensure that it grows and prospers. Do you know the King of Malaysia? Invite him. Are you having tea with His Majesty Edward Windsor of England? Well, he probably already affiliates himself with us. Ladies and gentlemen, let the most important dignitaries find themselves at our banquet tables. Let the wealthiest men and women share our wine, and our ears. Let the most powerful Supers and humans alike find themselves among the common cause: The Candelabra Society!"

Logistics:

The "base" of the society is a floating fortress made of marble and diamond, with gilded archways and beautifully ornate statues. The grounds of the fortress are lush and expansive, almost like a campus to a large university. On the grounds are shops of every nation, offering world cuisines, art, culture and people. The building itself, more a large estate, is composed of six buildings: The main meeting hall, which is located in the centre and houses the Banquet hall, Ballroom and many bathrooms. On either side are dormitories which are fully stocked and kept, so that members may stay the night if they so choose. On the left, there is a barracks with a wide array of training facilities for nearly any type of combat style, power, or weapon. On the right there is a "taxi station", where the shuttles bring members in and take them out of the fortress. Since the location of the fortress changes daily, the only way to locate it is to be carried in the shuttles. There is a station in every major city in the world.

The fee to join the society is 3,000,000 Euros. Every canon year, the member must pay 1,000,000 euros to remain a member. He or she can leave at any time, but there are no refunds. The fortress and equipment must be maintained.

While RPing here, I'd ask that you keep fighting to a minimum. I, Warsman, Kastiel or Dark Huntress have the right to ask you to edit or delete any posts we see unnecessary or offensive. THAT being said, as I am an adult, and many of you are, I personally do not care about language constraints. Swearing and the use of derogative ( non-racial ) terms is fine with me, if you can somehow sneak it past a real moderator.

The CEO of the foundation is Dennis Wimbourn, meat-house for Tatu. Warsman and Kastiel are chairmen, and Dark Huntress ( or the alt she provides ) is a chairwoman. They oversee the charity events, etc.

THIS IS NOT A TEAM! Your character owes NO affiliation to any member of the Candelabra Society outside of The Fortress. Meaning, if Warsman and Tatu see each other in New York, they are more than welcome to throw entire junkyards at each other at their leisure.

The benefits of being in the society are purely RP based, guys... It allows certain characters to meet and may allow for diplomatic openings, romances, bitter rivalries or, if you're like Tatu, big games of "My bank account is bigger than yours!"

There will NOT be Candelabra Society specific RPGs, but ANY rpg your character is in can have the Society incorporated. Any RPGs I start will be Open, and if you recognize a member of the Society, feel free to try and approach them.

This is supposed to be fun AND rewarding. Don't come in here, blow stuff up, and leave... I'll seriously kill you. Forever.

Have at it. Anything else, I'll post up late.