• 108 results
#1 Edited by Alduin (295 posts) - - Show Bio

--"A place where nightmares are given form"--

The Black Hallows
The Black Hallows

Why it exists or how it came to be remains a mystery, but the Black Hallows is a domain unlike any other. It is where tales from forgotten cultures say dreams and nightmares make their home, where dread and terror languish and take physical form, and where seekers of ancient knowledge are driven mad by revelations not meant for the minds of men. Little of the Black Hallows is understood. However, for what had felt like an eternity, the one truth of the Black Hallows was that it lied beyond the physical world and could only be entered by those who were intimate with the cryptic knowledge needed to do so - until now.

High in it's bleak and murky skies now hovers a Cosmic Cube, one that lies at the center of a monstrosity of it's own creation, a large tear or wound called the "Schism" or "Gorge". And it is through the Gorge that the curious may cross into the Black Hallows. However, it is also through the Gorge that the Black Hallows now threatens to leak into the physical world and consume it with it's corruption should the tear remain open. Curiously, the other side of the Gorge opens in the skies above the Kwazulu Alcazar.

Geography of the Black Hallows

The landscape of the Black Hallows is not uniform. It's one constant feature remains the Gorge and the bleak atmosphere of it's sky. The Black Hallows itself is largely lifeless with most of it's inhabitants being the waning souls of those tricked into entering it, nightmare creatures, and mad scholars of the arcane. The strange domain is primarily divided into three regions; the Grim Pasture, Blackpool, and Phantasmagoria. Each is unique and each presents it's own rewards and dangers to the Black Hallows' wanderers.

Though not technically considered a region in the Black Hallows, a small settlement called the Keld lies outside the reach of the three regions. The Keld is the home of human and humanoid survivors who are trapped in the Black Hallows. Though they are highly reclusive, they offer sanctuary to any wanderer intent on escaping the horrors of the Hallows.

The Grim Pasture

The Grim Pasture
The Grim Pasture

A dreary and cheerless region of the Black Hallows, the Grim Pasture is marred by a somber and murky sky drenched in perpetual darkness. Torrents of purple lightning surge constantly across it's sky, and a purple mist hangs over it's barren terrain. The Grim Pasture has few works of architecture, resembling a wasteland with little more than graveyards, aged burial chambers, mausoleums and crumbling chapels. It is dry and populated by dead trees with black bark carved with the faces of trapped souls wailing in despair. It is believed that the greater the number of faces carved on the black bark of a tree, the greater the number of souls imprisoned.

Though the Grim Pasture has little value to those who venture into it, veins of unknown purple crystals scar the terrain of certain areas. Those areas are said to be a necromancer's dream as the purple crystals hold masses of trapped souls. The crystals can be mined and used for any number of purposes ranging from converting to the trapped souls into etheric energy or conjuring the souls as immaterial or servants. However, the Grim Pasture, like all of the Black Hallows' regions, is a place of danger. It is roamed by the Ghouls of Grim, incredibly tall and lanky figures of dread.

The Ghouls of Grim

Draped in tattered and hooded cloaks and wearing rusted masks devoid of expression, the Ghouls are physically disturbing. Their limbs are unnaturally long, and their thin bodies contorted beyond normality. They have no organs, and their flesh is grey and emaciated, as if decayed. Behind their masks, they are eyeless and have empty sockets covered in folds of decayed flesh. Their mouths are abnormally large and gaping holes lined with needle-like teeth, and their fingernails are sharp and dagger-like. Despite their gaunt and sunken features, the Ghouls are much stronger and faster than ordinary humans.

Lesser Ghoul
Lesser Ghoul

They are more difficult to kill and do not appear to have souls. They often hover, gliding to wherever it is they go, their presence casting a haunting and traumatic sensation through the air. Through their presence, the Ghouls feast on the positive emotions of those nearby, causing many in the Grim Pasture to feel as though they will never know joy or cheer again. However, when in the physical presence of a Ghoul, the unprotected experience bouts of depression and an overwhelming sensation of dread and hopelessness as the Ghouls feed on the positive emotions of their victims until only the negative remain. If too much time is spent in a Ghoul's presence, one begins to relive their worst and most traumatic memories over and over again until their sanity is twisted, contorted, and they are driven mad by depression and dread.

It is said that the sensation and emotional void caused by the presence of Ghouls is so horribly cruel and torturous that it so violently mangles one's emotional being that many become suicidal, while others are left emotionally inert husks, catatonic and with no will to live. And because the Ghouls can sense emotion and mental health, they can often identify who is more vulnerable to them, and usually stalk those who make easier prey. Because the overwhelming sensation of hopelessness and dread from their presence often lays waste to even the stronger of wills and makes cowards of the courageous, the Ghouls rarely have to physically engage those they stalk. Many misunderstand the effects of their presence, unaware that the Ghouls' presence does not attack the mind or soul, but feasts on the deepest parts of one's emotional being. However, the most powerful Ghouls can target the soul.

The most powerful of Ghouls wield mysterious staffs which allow the Ghouls, through 10 seconds of uninterrupted physical touch with their victims, to latch onto their souls and consume it, literally sucking the soul out of the body. Though this power can be resisted through great force of will, it is highly dangerous. The victim is left an empty shell, a husk incapable of thought with little chance of recovery without any expert intervention. It is said that a person's soul is their true self, and to have one's soul consumed is to cease to exist yet somehow remain. The souls consumed by the powerful Ghouls are distributed among them and among the lesser Ghouls, while many are imprisoned in the Grim Pasture's trees and the veins of purple crystals. Those whose souls are consumed are prevented from passing on to an afterlife. It is believed that Ghouls consume the souls of others because they do not have souls of their own.

Positive emotions and souls are their form of sustenance and if they have not consumed anything in too long a period, they will wither and die. The Ghouls of Grim do not appear to have a spoken language and their means of communication remains unknown.

Blackpool

The City of Blackpool
The City of Blackpool

Different from the Grim Pasture but equally as frightening, Blackpool is dominated by a cratered landscape of black rock and fissures that bubble with toxic puss. Here the effects of gravity experience gaps as large masses of rock seem to float all about with nothing to cause their descent to the ground. The most prominent feature in Blackpool however, is it's large city which is, unsurprisingly, called the City of Blackpool. However, in order to enter the city one must first navigate the Maze of Vha'shii which if navigated correctly, leads to the gates of the City of Blackpool.

Upon entering the Maze of Vha'shii, one is forced to navigate a highly complex structure with little illumination. There are several dead ends, trap doors, nightmare creatures and trap prisons. The City of Blackpool itself is a dreadful metropolis with contorted spires and towers draped in shadows. It is ruled by Dirqa; the Archduchess of Blackpool, and the Keeper of the Book of Vha'shii. Dirqa is a powerful necromancer and witch, an intelligent and cunning ruler who guards the book of her infamous ancestor, Vha'shii. The Book of Vha'shii is a prized artifact in the Black Hallows. A powerful but dangerous book of arcane knowledge, the Book of Vha'shii is a twisted text bound in the flesh of dead Ghouls from the Grim Pasture. Those who open the Book of Vha'shii and plunge into it's deepest sections are granted profound insight into the arcane world.

Readers touched by the arcane energies of the book and bestowed with great arcane powers molded to their personalities. Those who value strength and might above everything for example, are given incredible physical power. Whereas those who believe in the power of the mind find their minds blessed with an untamed psychic power. However, the Book of Vha'shii is dangerous. Those who read it and use it's power, are forever bound to the City of Blackpool and forced to guard the book until their death. Despite the condition associated with the Book of Vha'shii, many still seek it, confident that they know of artifacts and forms of magic that can overcome it's condition. As a result, Diirqa has created the "Afflicted", who roam the Maze of Vha'shii and the city to prevent the ambitious from reaching her and the Book of Vha'shii.

The Afflicted

Former natives of the City of Blackpool, the Afflicted are men and women perverted by a corruption cast by Dirqa. Driven mad by the corruption, the Afflicted are driven by an erratic instinct to prevent any and everyone from entering the navigating the Maze of Vha'shii and entering the city. The Afflicted are gaunt and so emaciated that it seems as though their bones are pushing out against their skin. Their eyes are black and featureless and pushed back deep into their sockets. Their flesh is the color of ash and their a thick perversion runs in their veins.

The Corrupted
The Corrupted

The perversion in their veins is the same physical corruption that Dirqa marred them with. The Afflicted transmit their physical corruption through blood contact, scratching and biting, and black tendrils they can sprout from their flesh. The physical corruption can be resisted by those with powerful immune systems, however, the sickness when contracted, is fatal. Some victims die within hours, while others wither away slowly. The sickness/corruption varies in effect. At times the victim wastes away slowly, suffering an excruciating and painful death. Their bones are made to push out violently against the skin until it breaks, and the body begins an agonizing decay as the flesh erodes and organs break down into sacks of puss. It is an ordeal that slowly kills the victim.

However, some are turned into other Afflicted instead of facing simple death. Like the Afflicted, those who "turn" find that their organs turn into black sacs containing a rotting sickness, their bones are elongated, and they become emaciate and their sense of self is stripped away. In addition to their ability to transmit the corruption, the Afflicted possess bestial strength and speed, greater than any ordinary man's. Dirqa's commands burn deep in the minds of the Afflicted, turning them into her mindless and violent thralls. Their sharp teeth and claws can shred flesh like a knife through butter, and their spidery tendrils boast the strength of monsters.

Phantasmagoria

Phantasmagoria
Phantasmagoria

Phantasmagoria is the domain of the Black Hallows where nightmares are given form, where reality shifts again and again. Phantasmagoria is hazy, almost featureless save for the thick mist that hangs prominently in the air. This domain however, is taken by the foulest of monsters, immaterial creatures that prey on the belief and thoughts of those who dare enter it. That which takes physical form in Phantasmagoria does so by the expression of thought. A wanderer who dreams of their loved ones may find themselves faced by what appears to be the departed spirits of those closest to them.

But those who have fear? Will be faced with their worst fears. Those who are unsure? With a subtle creepiness, a sensation of unsettling uncertainty. If one allows their preconceptions to cloud their minds, they are doomed. A wanderer's expectations are what mold the physical manifestations of the monsters there. At times they may appear as benevolent guides or one's worst nightmare. The one constant in Phantasmagoria is it's library; the Dire Halls.

The Dire Halls

Gates to the Forbidden Library
Gates to the Forbidden Library

A seemingly endless library of esoteric, arcane and secret knowledge of any kind, the Dire Halls is a place of both knowledge and terror. Stacks of aged books stretch into Phantasmagoria's emerald and misty sky, and torn pages and tomes of arcane knowledge drift through the air. To a reader, a book has an equal chance of leaving foreboding impressions of despair and horror, or bestowing great knowledge upon the mind. It is often said that an encounter with a book of horrors can often be so memorable to a reader's mind that nothing else in the Black Hallows or the physical world can ever frighten them again, as it is here where books can cause the bravest of men to tremble.

Knowledge, power, and danger await those who wander into the Dire Halls. Here men are driven mad by the unknowable truths found in the many texts sought by the ambitious. Said to encompass the farthest reaches of knowledge and the deepest depths of fate, the Dire Halls is roamed by many. First among them are monstrous behemoths that appear to protect the arcane information held within from the coveting eyes of the curious traveler, but for no particular reason. Many of the books in the library are known for their featureless dark green covers. Areas containing the most valuable books are bordered by corrosive, acidic waters that dissolve any who touch it.

Though tantalizing, the risk of exposing one's mind to the secrets of the Dire Halls and being driven mad is eerily high. Mad scholars and sorcerers are often found in the Dire Halls, obsessively searching for obscure knowledge and attacking anyone they cross paths with. The soul lavaliere is believed to lie somewhere in the Dire Halls.

The Keld

The Keld Settlement
The Keld Settlement

A small settlement of human and humanoid survivors trapped in the Black Hallows, the Keld is known for a distinct culture surrounding defensive magic. It's inhabitants strive to push the boundary of defensive magic in order to strengthen the arcane walls erected to keep the horrors of the Black Hallows from penetrating into the Keld. Ruled by four sorceresses known as the Circle of Magistrates, the Keld promotes it's most skilled mages and arcane experts to the top of it's social strata due to an immediate and almost panicked need to keep the Keld from being tainted by the rest of the Black Hallows.

Few of the Keld's inhabitants venture outside it's immaterial arcane walls, preferring to stay behind the barrier that shields them the dangers of the Hallows. While reclusive, those of the Keld who do venture beyond it's border do so only to search for other wandering humans lost or trapped in the Black Hallows. The arcane is continuously studied and researched in the Keld, it is an integral part of the settlement's defenses, so much so that the Keld often lacks in it's other areas.

Rules

1. This is meant to be a difficult place to locate so if you show up, sell the difficulty in finding it.
  2. Sell the dangers of the Black Hallows as much as is reasonable for your character.
  3. Dirqa the ruler of Blackpool, and the Keld's Circle of Magistrates are not NPCs.
  4. If you have any questions (or want to do something the Book of Vha'shii or the soul lavaliere), PM me on this account or Grimmwald/Amin Karrit/Satar/Thee Champion/Prime Impero/Magistrate.
  5. Have fun, or not. That's on you.
#2 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayumn! MVP

#3 Posted by Shanana (60355 posts) - - Show Bio

You might be the best location creator

#4 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

@shanana said:

You might be the best location creator

Why you wanna hurt me

#5 Edited by Cass_Lockhart (28 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Cass_Lockhart (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Literally all three of you are so good at location creation it hurts. Just unfair to be quite honest.

Amazing job on this ♥

#7 Posted by ParagonxXx (3998 posts) - - Show Bio

Note to self: Stay away from this place. 0_o

#8 Edited by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Donny_Womack (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm salty you didn't slap another M on that Grim boi!

Nah I love it this is some Clive Barker shit.

#10 Posted by Shanana (60355 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Zauberin (6115 posts) - - Show Bio

This could be helpful.

#12 Posted by Musa_Bashir (1007 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by Amin_Karrit (862 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Nordok (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously impressive.

#15 Posted by Supra-Man (3144 posts) - - Show Bio

I love this. Excellently done as always!
#16 Posted by Zauberin (6115 posts) - - Show Bio

Hehehee...

Avatar image for deactivated-59c71b4425224
#17 Posted by deactivated-59c71b4425224 (369 posts) - - Show Bio

@valhala: Dude, what are you even doing here? Why aren't you out there writing Elder Scrolls lore and shaping TES 6?

Seriously, this is wicked cool. I love the horrifyingly fantastical nature of the place.

#18 Posted by Musa_Bashir (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

@zauberin said:

This could be helpful.

LOL I cant use middle finger gifs O_O your killin me smallz, killin me

#19 Posted by Cass_Lockhart (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@zauberin said:

This could be helpful.

LOL I cant use middle finger gifs O_O your killin me smallz, killin me

FIGHT THE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!

#20 Posted by Zauberin (6115 posts) - - Show Bio

@musa_bashir: You think you're upset!? I had a patent! And several really clever images and gifs I'd been saving! But such is the way things go. v_v I enforce as I must.

I can't stop giggling.

#21 Posted by Zauberin (6115 posts) - - Show Bio

@cass_lockhart: You know what would've been funny?

This, but without me warning you first.
This, but without me warning you first.

#22 Posted by Cass_Lockhart (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@zauberin: You're getting too used to this power imbalance -___-

#23 Posted by Zauberin (6115 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Musa_Bashir (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

@zauberin said:

@musa_bashir: You think you're upset!? I had a patent! And several really clever images and gifs I'd been saving! But such is the way things go. v_v I enforce as I must.

I can't stop giggling.

No Caption Provided

#25 Posted by Amin_Karrit (862 posts) - - Show Bio

@archivist: LOL, thanks. I'll create ES lore for Bethesda if you tag along with me and Zauby writes a book.

@nordok: Very very high praise, mano.

@supra-man: Thanks!

#26 Posted by Cass_Lockhart (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh oh

#27 Posted by Zauberin (6115 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Zauberin (6115 posts) - - Show Bio

Almost went the more risqué route.

#29 Posted by ParagonxXx (3998 posts) - - Show Bio

@amin_karrit: Seriously, though, good job putting this together. ^_^

#30 Posted by Amin_Karrit (862 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Zauberin (6115 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I wasn't even gonna try to post or do anything when I get off work, but this may have inspired me.

#32 Posted by _Dirge_ (3631 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn....I kinda wanna stop by lol

#33 Posted by Amin_Karrit (862 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by _Dirge_ (3631 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-59c71b4425224
#35 Posted by deactivated-59c71b4425224 (369 posts) - - Show Bio

The dopeness is just...

No Caption Provided

#36 Posted by Amin_Karrit (862 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by _Dirge_ (3631 posts) - - Show Bio

@fraga

The Devil's Head remained seated in the center of a derelict castle that had fallen to disuse centuries ago. Vincent took a deep breath as he once again mentally backtracked, and replayed all of the choices he had made. Some more recent then others. He still had no heir. Though Mia, sparrow's adopted daughter was the common choice to lead after him. And the choice the Elders expected Vincent to make. But it wasn't her. It couldn't be her. She had to much of Sparrow's ambition in her.

Whoever succeeds me has to be someone that can let ambition go. Someone that places the League above their own want's and needs.

Vincent's brow furrowed as the chillness in the air further crept in. He stood to his feet, opening his dull, lifeless eyes. As usual, Vincent was over analyzing everything. Ezra Strix was still on the board and was his number one problem. But others kept seeking The Cainite out. Anytime Vincent physically moved somewhere, for whatever reason someone was there waiting. The freedom to come and go was something that Vincent had taken for granted. Now, he had to dispatch others to investigation on his behalf. Something Vincent loathed.

He should be here shortly. I wonder how his wound is doing.

Vincent recalled Fraga, a son of the Mad Strix that also wanted his father gone. Vincent had impaled his ally with his lance after being infected with The Mad Strix's madness. Another mistake The Wartime Shaytan had made. It wouldn't be the last.

#38 Posted by Fraga (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

@_dirge_:

The Grim Pasture

The land was dead, a graveyard where only black trees grew and veins of trapped souls ran like jagged roots in the dry ground. Through the mist of gloom and dread, Fraga - the Warden of Saamas - walked with a woman draped lifelessly over his arms. Walking past the trees, his stride smooth and panther-like, Fraga's eyes swept through the wasteland of ancient burial chambers, mausoleums and crumbling chapels. There was a castle, old and waning, in the distance. Vincent awaited him. Glancing down at the woman in his arms, the Warden of Saamas looked on ahead, to the dead and crooked trees that surrounded them, to the wailing faces carved into their black bark. "They're empty", he sighed with a tired roll of his eyes and frustration brewing in his heart. "He must have pillaged the souls imprisoned inside the trees. Including hers", he paused, his gaze returned to the woman he carried.

No Caption Provided

She was beautiful. Hair long and light like a waterfall of liquid gold. Skin soft and without blemish. But her eyes were without color, without warmth. The Mad Strix had consumed her soul. Black cloak flowing with the cold wind, his hood and fur collar rustling while his armored shoulder plates caught the purple glare of the lightning crackling overhead, Fraga strode into the castle. Walking through it's grey hallways that smelled of dust and corpses, the Beast of Blackpool soon arrived at it's center; a forgotten throne room. There, his eyes found Vincent seated. "Charming", Fraga greeted, the curl of his lips suave, and his eyes mystifying. "Though I can't say the same for the lance you drove into my side", he reminded, face almost twitching in anger - yet his smile held. "A mistake I know. My fa.... Ezra toyed with our minds. Just as he now toys with the souls of the people here", Fraga scowled, eyes dropping to the woman in his arms. "She's not dead, but her soul is gone. Eaten by Ezra. She's an inert husk. Alive yes, but no longer a person".

Stroking her face, his gloved fingers grazing her skin, Fraga lay her on the floor, "Cold", his head shook before he stepped over her body. "Ezra has the soul lavaliere. One of six very powerful cosmic artifacts. His grants him dominion over souls. None of us are safe while he has it. Least of all your friend, Abigail. She, along with Musa, are not safe. Not that they were before".

#39 Edited by Rosso (5397 posts) - - Show Bio

Excited...

#40 Edited by CursedMalekith (103 posts) - - Show Bio

@ezra_strix, @fraga, whoever you wanna use :P

"Sisters of the Dark, Sisters of the Thorn

Sisters of the Pale Moon, of the Mother's Scorn

Your cursed eyes, seeing death since you were born

Come weave me a tale from the future torn"

Malekith placed a slender finger on his chin, doubtful. Even as the grotesque figures approached him, he had something else dominating his mind. Their husks of skin over gnarled bone shriveled in his presence, for their eyes were forced open under the sheer weight of his magical essence. Each eye, harvested from their mothers and grandmothers, crystallized and hung upon their branch-like hair formations, blinked in unison. Their own, empty and barren, were left to watch the cosmos through the infinite bleakness of void.

No Caption Provided

"Sisters," Malekith sparked them to life, otherwise they would have merely shuffled in place.

"Yes, Lord?" in unison, a single voice with three discernible sounds, nothing more.

"I want to change the song that brings you to me,"

Silence. Old joints creaked and cracked, fingernails clattered together. A disjointed harmony, but one that remained resolutely uniform throughout.

"Though, it remains a favorite tradition of mine. Your mothers, your grandmothers, they were all bound to it,"

The Sisters of the Thorn bowed as one. "We are ever so humbled by your words, Lord,"

"Yes, yes," he muttered. "Tell me, what in the Nine Realms can help me conquer the @shield-maiden, bring Surtr to his knees, and destroy the Odinson once and for all?"

"Nothing, Lord," they spoke.

A twinge in his spine. The Laughing God smiled.

"Oh, come now, there has to be something,"

"No, Lord,"

"The Casket of Ancient Winters?"

"No, Lord,"

"The Leash of Mangog?"

"No, Lord,"

"The Ten Cursed Rings?"

"No, Lord,"

Another smirk, another cackle, and the room grew darker. Though the Sisters were creatures of that very darkness, this new dusk that gestated around them pulsed with an infernal and ravenous hatred - a deep, unnatural un-light. Yet it dissipated. Malekith turned towards them, his face cut evenly between two spheres of color. The malignant blue of his race, and the infinite coal-dark hue of his connection to the void.

"Then, what, pray tell... in all of the Nine Realms, will help me on this endeavor?"

"Not 'what', Lord, but 'who',"

A slyness overtook Malekith's fanged maw. A low, cruel giggle escaped his throat.

"And he does not lurk within the Realms, somewhere between Midgard and Helheim is his home," the Sisters continued in a single orchestra of terror and woe. "His name is Ezra Strix, wielder of the Soul Lavaliere,"

"And where might I find him?"

"He does not want to be found. You may stumble upon him in your travels to his realm, but you may not return, Lord,"

"That is what they said about my punishment for the Old War. And yet here I am!"

"Banishment is not the way of the Faceless Owl, Lord,"

A pause.

"He seems intent on consuming all who approach him, sooner or later. If he is in possession of the Soul Lavaliere, and you truly wish to go through with this endeavor, then he knows you are coming, Lord,"

Malekith had no hesitation in his heart as he tore through the fabric of Svartalfheim, his magic strongest in the darkness, and stepped through to the very teetering edge of Helheim.

"So, just keep going until I get there, correct?" he mockingly replied.

"Y-Yes, Lord."

"You are dismissed Sisters. I shall return shortly."

And with that, the Laughing God vanished.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b11fd0583d4f
#41 Posted by deactivated-5b11fd0583d4f (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Eeeee, I am so staying away from this place! 0.0

#42 Posted by CursedMalekith (103 posts) - - Show Bio

@m_huntington:

Oh, come now, it's not so bad! It's actually quite homely.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b11fd0583d4f
#43 Posted by deactivated-5b11fd0583d4f (11 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by CursedMalekith (103 posts) - - Show Bio

@m_huntington:

If you can get used to the brimstone of Muspelheim and the... mess of Jotunheim, you can get used to anything :]

#45 Posted by Grimmwald (3329 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by Infinitum (545 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Edited by Imperium (75 posts) - - Show Bio

As the soulless one made its way into the nightmarish world, he looked over at the the terrain of hopelessnes and losss. While most would turn back and run in fear of what lay ahead, the creature went down one dark path that felt somewhat familiar. The world was bleak and filled with ruin, something that it had grown accustom to. It made its way down the road the way that any person would go down a normal street. It had no fear of what this place had to offer, only curiosity.

Even though it had not been in this place before, it did somehow feel that he had once gone there before. But the chances of that were slim due to the difficultly of finding it. That was one strange aspect of this already strange place. It was impressed by the difficult nature of locating this word, even with clairvoyance it was no easy task. That only sparked the curiosity that it already was fuled by.

It took in the bleak atmosphere with open arms as it inhaled what most wouldn't even think to call air. Many wandering spirits of lost souls stumbled in the distance as they moaned in hopelessness. It took its time finding its bearing as opposed to the normal action it would take, which would be chaos destruction in order to make presence known. But rather, it simply walked down the misty road quietly.

As it aproched an old structure that had long ago fallen, he but one word:

Beautiful.

#48 Posted by MaxineMaxima (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting place. Changed my name too! Oooooo

#49 Posted by MightyMangog (23 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Edited by Ezra_Strix (581 posts) - - Show Bio

@cursedmalekith:

The Grim Pasture

The Black Stag
The Black Stag

There was a stillness in the air. An unsettling quiet that trailed the dark hooves of a black stag roaming the dead forests of the Grim Pasture. Slow and deliberate, the stag strode past the trees and the faces carved into their black bark wept. They wept and wailed as the stag consumed the souls imprisoned there, feeding till the cries of the damned were no more - and their souls gone. But as the black stag's hooves sank into the barren soil, something shifted in the air, and it's eyes met with those of the Laughing God. Mouth coming open, parting wider and wider till it's jaw cracked to the sound of creaking wood instead of bone, the stag stood motionless. Two arms stretched out it's mouth to hang limp at the sides of the stag's broken jaw.

And in the pit of the stag's throat, a wrinkled face, wrapped in the dark and graying skin of corpses and draped by darkness. It smiled, and it had no eyes. Only folds of rotted skin over empty sockets. The Horned God stared his eyeless stare, his smile quiet but menacing. Sweet yet malevolent. His voice flowed soft, almost feminine, from his throat - and he sang.

"So many souls left to drift without houses"

"Eaten by me and along with their spouses"

"Hearing them cry as I dance and I sing"

"These are a few of my favorite things"

Silence. "Hello... stranger", he rasped, his voice deeper and drier. "What brings you to my humble home?", Ezra asked, drool trickling down his chin, his mind salivating at the thought of sinking his teeth into the Laughing God's flesh and swallowing him whole before consuming his soul.