• 58 results
Posted by King_Leo (526 posts) - - Show Bio

"My stronghold"

The Augusta Space Station
The Augusta Space Station

A colossal megastructure 45.2 kilometers in length and 14.7 in diameter, Augusta - a mobile space station named after the first Roman Emperor - lies in no fixed location, moving between different points in space depending on Leonel's preference. At times it is skirting the tail of the heliosphere at the end of the Solar System, other times it is gliding close to Earth's moon, but more often than not it rests in the emptier regions of the Andromeda Galaxy. Built by Leonel during his, it serves as the Prince of Power's primary residence. In his absence it is guarded by the Magistrate, a synthetic life-form modeled after his father.

The Megastructure - Layout & Technology

Identified by a glowing emerald hull forged from an ultra-dense and durable extraterrestrial metal, Augusta is a beacon of otherworldly technology. It is powered by a multitude of miniature exomatter generators linked to one primary Exomatter Reactor Core. This reactor core, as implied by it's name, harnesses exomatter, an exotic and ultra-dense form of tachyonic matter from higher dimensional space/hyperspace. By disengaging mass-energy from local space-time fabric to consequently release it into the higher dimensional bulk space, the Exomatter Reactor Core draws out exomatter from said bulk space and collects the incredible amount of energy released as the exomatter reverts back to bulk space. The technology used by the reactor core to disengage from and reengage with normal space-time also serves as the basis for it's hyper-drive which enables Augusta's travel through hyperspace.

In addition to landing bays, sensor arrays and graviton generators for artificial gravity, Augusta also features waste consuming/recycling nanomachines, atmospheric regulators and more. It is home to two distinct zones. The first, called 'Invictus', is home to Leonel's laboratories, technology vaults, hangar, the medical bay, information/navigation center, simulation chambers, training chambers, and engineering bay. The second, called 'Virtus', is geared more towards recreation with a lounge, guest spaces, Leonel's personal quarters, and Grunt's (a pet given to him by Trinity) quarters. During Leonel's absences, Augusta is only populated by the Magistrate and the space station's many A.I.s (Artificial Intelligence) and V.I.s (Virtual Intelligence). Though the space station features no weapons, it is home to a variety of highly advanced technology ranging from helper robots, extremely sophisticated scanning probes and so on.

And while Augusta relies on it's hyper-drive system to traverse the cosmos, in the event of a hyper-drive system failure, it has a secondary navigation system relying on propulsion from anti-proton and graviphoton thrusters working in tandem. The anti-proton thrusters inject anti-proton into a reaction chamber containing hydrogen, trigger matter-antimatter annihilation that generates incredible amounts of motive power, while the graviphoton thrusters rely on graviphoton generators to harness the particles' repulsive force for added thrust.

|| The Hypercube ||

A boundless chamber found in an isolated corner of Augusta, the Hypercube is as much mystery as it is discovery. Unknown if it is Leonel's greatest invention or a rogue immigrant structure from the hyper-spatial bulk, it is a three-dimensional representation of higher dimensional space, it is abstraction made tangible, and the impossible made possible. Three-dimensional space is denoted by three axes - x, y, and z - and exists across a fourth dimension known as t (time). And just as one can, on a two-dimensional graph for a constant x, go up and down the values y, so can one in four-dimensional space for a constant x, y and z go up and down the fourth dimension, t (time). A fourth dimension that the Hypercube grants one access as though time were a hallway.

And those who enter the Hypercube, find their entire timeline - their personal arrow of time - laid before them in a hallway, their past at the hallway's start, and their future at the hallway's end. And it is here that Leonel has studied his past and peered into his future to see that he is always being born, he is always donning his Omega Armor, he is always befriending Trinity, and he is always losing his home universe, Reality-M. The events of his life there for him to see and access by opening the hallway's doors corresponding to the events in his timeline. And behind those doors, lie rooms filled with mirrors, and in each mirror there lay all the "What Ifs?" of one's personal timeline, all alternate paths/timeline that diverge from one's current arrow of time. Yet, the Hypercube holds more.

For beyond four-dimensional space - a subspace of higher dimensional space -there lay a larger ambient space through which gravity propagates, weakening it's influence in four-dimensional space as it stretches across higher dimensional space. And because the Hypercube is a higher-dimensional structure from the hyper-spatial bulk - the larger ambient space of which four-dimensional space is only a subset - it features rooms with windows that tether hyperspace/bulk coordinates to ordinary/fourth-dimensional space-time coordinates. Windows that, in essence, lead to an innumerable number of different places and times. One door, for example, may lead one to the Portuguese city of Évora in 1522, while another door may lead to the spiral galaxy, NGC 1300, in present time.

|| Security & Defenses ||

The space station itself features no built-in weaponry, instead relying on very powerful multi-layered barriers/force fields comprised of repelling graviphotons (superpartners of gravitons), and the Magistrate as it's first line of defense in Leonel's absence. Furthermore, Augusta also relies on it's ability to enter and exit hyperspace as a means of escaping danger in the event of an attack.

Rules

1. Standard RPG rules apply e.g. sell the security, no godmodding etc.
  2. This is Leo's personal base of operations drifting through space. So you'll need a means of space travel to get here.
  3. You can attack the location so long as you sell the security, but expect a stiff response. However, if you want to cause major destruction, PM me (on this account or on Grimmwald) so that I can give you the green (or red) light.
#1 Posted by Rosso (4711 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course. He's copying me.

#2 Posted by King_Leo (526 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Nordok (2149 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_leo: Fantastic!

@rosso: I don't know if we can say he's copying her until he crashes it into an inhabited planet. >;P

#4 Posted by King_Leo (526 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by King_Leo (526 posts) - - Show Bio

The Solar System

No Caption Provided

Climbing through Earth's exosphere, Leonel glanced back at the blue oasis below him. The home of every man, woman and child to have ever existed, and the totality of the human experience - arrogance, love, hatred, war, peace and so on - thus far. A small blue rock drifting through an endless sea of planets alike, stars greater, and galaxies beyond. And the Prince of Power was no protector of Earth nor a savior of man. He left. White cape spreading behind, his body speeding through the Solar System in a glowing streak of red and white till he reached the Trans-Neptunian region, Leonel glided past asteroids, comets and dwarf planets and locked eyes with the superstructure - the emerald - sailing among ice, rock and dust, his home; Augusta.

And inside, Leonel was greeted by the face of Augusta's primary A.I., a floating hexeract called Hex. ||-Shall we resume evaluating candidates with which to ally against the Abyssal Imperium?-||, it asked, dutifully hovering alongside the Prince of Power as he walked Augusta's ivory halls. "That shouldn't even be a question, Hex", Leonel answered, striding into the Information Center like a general into a war room. ||-You designed me to be inquisitive, sir-||, Hex countered, amusement rising from it's robotic monotone. "And clearly to sharpen my wit too", Leonel smiled, walking past a stream of holograms, helper robots and supercomputer en route to the center's largest monitor. "Screen on. Let's take a look at who can be of assistance without getting in the way of a decisive result", he paused, folding his strong arms before his chest as the monitor came alive with a vibrant glow. His face catching the monitor's cool glow, Leonel watched as each potential ally was brought to life by 3D holograms.

The first hologram was Shield-Maiden's, the second, Lady Liberty's, the third, Addison Hopewell's, and the last, Feral Nova's. "We're already in contact with Shield-Maiden", Leonel reminded before shifting his gaze to Lady Liberty's hologram. "An nGod", Leonel said, ||-Like your father-||, Hex added. "Quite. But she was the first, and she's gone missing. There's been zero sign of her since her battle with Satar", the Prince of Power lamented, "We might have to do without her". ||-And what of your father?-||, Hex suggested. "What of him? Need I remind you we just freed him from his coma? At the moment, he's too weak. Let him recover his strength. Besides, a purebred 'altruism for altruism's sake' hero like him will just get in our way. Our goal is to annihilate the Imperium, like Rome did Carthage, not give them a second chance to recover their strength and return in the future". Eyeing Addison's hologram, Leonel grew pensive.

"Addison's the critical piece of this puzzle. She leads the Ninjans now. She has a fleet and has war resources we'll need against the Imperium. And I already have our strategy and tactics in mind", he paused. ||-Is Trinity not part of your plan, sir? Surely she will want to destroy the Imperium as well-||, Hex reminded. "That goes without saying. Of course she's part of the plan. But we need to free her mind from Nordok first. And as for Feral Nova, she's young and inexperienced. But her thermal powers could be useful against Imperium battleships. Because all the on-board electronics, every engine maneuver, every shield generator, every weapon, they all produce heat. And the on-board crews need heat to stay warm as well. At some point the Imperium fleet'll produce more heat than it can lose. And it's either overheat to death or surrender".

||-Our next course of action, sir?-||, Hex asked. "Take me to Magnum Opus. Addison and I have an overdue conversation".

#6 Edited by Nordok (2149 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by King_Leo (526 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Mister_Surreal (4478 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by King_Leo (526 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Mister_Surreal (4478 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Hawkshade (4606 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it and I love the Alex Ross art.

#12 Posted by King_Leo (526 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by superion_prime (219 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome. ^_^

#14 Posted by King_Leo (526 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for addison_hopewell
#15 Posted by Addison_Hopewell (60 posts) - - Show Bio
You have such a soft spot for theatrics
You have such a soft spot for theatrics

@king_leo

'The hell is that' She thought before entering, the pair had wandered so far from the Omega Nebula, the fibers in Addison's SBA quickly reformat to adapt to the severe nature of being this far out in space. Not that she needed it.

Addison knew of herself as a Ninjan from M and she was, only by technicality. In actuality her origins spur from a cosmic parasite known as "The Collective". It was a race that thrived in the systems of dying stars; once the stars finally give out the parasite latch on to the remaining few civilizations and transform them into something entirely new.

She didn't know it now, but had Leonel's parents not destroyed her entire system, pre-maturely the Ninjans of "M" would've discovered her anomaly at birth. Being this far out she could feel them all...thriving in doomed space.

It was something she would have to investigate pending the end of her duties as Queen, but in the time being her eyes marveled Verdant marvel he called Augusta.

"You have such a soft spot for the theatrics" She smirked allowing her hands to drop at the side. "It doesn't get lonely out here for you? You came to this world established yourself a family, yet I've never seen anyone so fixated on being by themselves."

#16 Posted by King_Leo (526 posts) - - Show Bio

@addison_hopewell:

Inside, Augusta's halls shifted from emerald green to arctic white as helper robots constructed machines founded from sciences unknown and super, and nanomachines recycled all spare parts.

"You have such a soft spot for the theatrics"

"Says the queen who tried to break my jaw", he bantered, matching her smirk as a luminous hexeract hovered into view. And from it, echoed the airy voice of Augusta's resident A.I., Hex. ||-I'd anticipated a later return from you, sir. It seems I was incorrect-||, Hex remarked, ||-Though my greatest surprise is that you have returned with Addison Hopewell of Reality-M. I was unaware of any reconciliation. In any case, shall I be of service, sir?-||, Hex asked. "Yes", Leonel nodded before issuing his command, "Have the Hypercube ready in five minutes". And as Hex drifted off to do as it'd been told, Addison's words - her concern - floated to his ears. "It's strange I know, how often I isolate myself here when I have a family back on Earth".

"Besides"

"I love my family but I can't relate to my father anymore. Ideologically, morally, he and I are different. He expects me to live my life for others based on some preexisting moral obligation to strangers I don't even know. And he expects me to give second chances to tyrants who will never change. He'd find me too harsh, maybe even selfish. And I find him naive. We would clash a lot. My mother, I relate to her, but she's dead", he paused, turning to meet Addison's eyes, his gaze strong and steely like a soldier used to death and loss. "And my sisters, I love them all. But they're helping raise the youngest one, and I don't want to jade her or 'poison' her thoughts as my father'd put it. I'll let her stay pure while I keep the Imperium and all my enemies here in space away from them".

"Besides", he paused, gesturing that she follow closely behind as he headed for a metal platform that'd lift them to the gates of the Hypercube. "Being by myself has changed things for me. Believing in myself instead of others, has changed everything. I'm stronger now, smarter, better, more skilled - everything I wasn't during the war for Reality-M. Here, alone, with no distractions, I study, I learn, I train and grow stronger", Leonel said, his certainty as ironclad as could be. "I uncover the mysteries of the universe, solve the unsolvable problems, and surpass my limits. And it fulfills me. But, what I said to you before is true". Standing on the metal platform to carry them to the Hypercube, Leonel locked eyes with Addison, "I never stopped thinking about you. Even if it seems like I had".

#17 Posted by Addison_Hopewell (60 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_leo:

No Caption Provided

The A.I drew Addison's curiosity, but that soon waned once she learned the nature of it's existence. After listening to his explanation about his familial relationships it all seemed strange. These were two of M's most prized survivors, they'd fought through so much hardship to make it to this place..and here he was off in some obscure location of the galaxy, she couldn't judge too much--she defiantly understood his reasoning.

"It certainly seemed like it" She said following in tow as they stood aboard the metal platform. "Needless to say the Ninjans aren't very welcoming to Orange Ninjans. My time was tough, but I gained their respect by besting their champions. Madison took a liking to me shortly after. I was given a position in the Ninjan Royal Class, which angered a few folks, but I proved my worth." Though she was talking to Leonel her gaze was seemingly past him as if she were relieving the time.

"Each time you visited, I wanted more than just a smile or that awkward 'hey' you used to give. The more time pass the more I hardened, eventually, I must admit. I didn't care if you were even alive anymore." She said once again fixing her emerald stare on Leonel whilst shrugging her shoulders.

"And then you showed up...and I remember just how angry I was. But I must admit hitting you felt good. Let me do it again..." She jested holding her tangerine tinted fist up in play.

"What are you showing me"

#18 Posted by King_Leo (526 posts) - - Show Bio

@addison_hopewell:

With a low hiss, the metal platform climbed through the air, higher and higher as Addison's words walked him through the hardships she'd overcome. Leonel didn't sympathize with many, and he empathized with even fewer, but he could relate to Addison. They'd crossed the cosmic sea of universes together - and found their way to the nU. They were veterans of the same war, warriors of the same struggle, and someone with whom he once shared the deepest connection he'd ever felt. "I should have been there with you, so that at the very least the Ninjans would've focused their hatred for outsiders on me. God or not, I'm still an alien to them. But on the other hand, that'd have been disrespectful to you in a way. Because it'd have been me assuming that you didn't have the strength to face those challenges".

No Caption Provided

"And you did. More than face them, you overcame them. Who else can claim to becoming queen of a civilization in another universe? Most people would've ended up dead in your position. Too weak. Yet you were strong enough. I may not have been around much, but I've always respected that about you, Addison", he confessed, locking eyes with her and bearing no ill will to her shrug. "And I equally respect you for telling me exactly how you felt regardless of how harsh some people'd find it. I value honest conflict over dishonest harmony. You were upset and didn't pretend like you felt otherwise. I respect that, even if you punched me", he smiled, measured, amused and genuine. "Though you mentioned having wanted more than a smile and an awkward 'hey'. I've never known you to hold back your words, Addison", he paused, stepping closer, an inch closer than she'd allowed him to in front of her Ninjan guards, "What did you want?", he asked, his interest piqued, his head in a subtle tilt to the side.

"Ha! What do I get if I let you hit me again?", the Prince of Power bantered, a low laugh flowing out his throat before the metal platform came to a stop and a white door stood glowing before them. "As for what I want to show you", pushing the door open to unveil an ivory hallway of endless doors. Here, the fourth dimension, t, could be accessed as easily as the three spatial dimensions of x, y and z, "It's a different future. A happier one where none of this happened". And into the Hypercube, Leonel walked. It was a place where his and Addison's timelines were laid bare. Their past at the hallway's start, and their future at the far end, too far to simply walk towards. With a push, he opened a door to their right, one that led into a room of mirrors, mirrors that glimpsed into their alternate timelines, into the What Ifs?

And what if they had won? What if Reality-M had never fallen? There, in the room, lay a mirror for Addison to see what could have been. And for to know that somewhere in the cosmic sea of existence, they and their world had found a better future - a happy one. And yet, it was not all. "But this isn't everything. I said I want to make things right with you, Addison. For the past couple of years, we'd only see each other when I need something from you. It's time I helped you. Here, in the Hypercube, you can glimpse into some of the potential futures of the Ninjan race, see what might endanger them, and see how they can be defeated so you can prevent disaster before it ever happens".

#19 Posted by Addison_Hopewell (60 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_leo:

No Caption Provided

"What did you want from me?"

The two survivors of "M" stood intimately close, closer than they'd been in a long time. Her skin begin to tingle small surges of nerves energy race back and forth personifying in the New Queen's fingers as restlessness. In this close proximity eyes locked chest just centimeters from one another, Addison realized what exactly she wanted, but his timely response snapped her from her makeshift reality.

"Another punch that's what you get. Give me a couple of Ninjan Cycles I'll be back to full form." She jested using the opportunity to create some much needed space. She was no fool, this Leonel was a "General of the Stars" his name known in nearly every nebula in the galaxy, her authority stop at the "Omega Expanse" 'The No Man's Land' between Ninjan-Talmut Empires. She was a Queen, the Talmut were her enemy--that's where her focus needed to be.

The Hypercube was a little overwhelming, she saw all aspects of "M" the point where Maya Summers crafted it, and it flourished. No poverty, no war, no hunger and a thriving Ninjan Society with her in it. "Somewhere in all that madness...we won?" The timeline proved it but she had to say it to believe it. 'How do he even do all of this' She begin to ponder until her attention was snagged by his last statement.

"Y-You mean, I can see.." Like Madison before her the Ninjan Queen was pressed to preserve the peace SHE built, if there was anyway to protect the Ninjans from the Talmut's she'd do it...even if that meant attacking them directly. Her eyes scanned through a ton of scenarios only two timelines of actual Ninjan War with the Talmut. What became a sore spot for one of those timelines was that it was Madison Maynard who sold them out. All the other timelines saw them either at peace or winning a "conflict" with another Omega dwelling people.

Until...

"What's this..." She said pointing to a timeline where Xiox the Ninjan Capital was occupied by a heavy machine presence, not just Xiox, Crattian Moons and The Capital City of Eon.

"Leonel...who are these people" She asked confused as to how the entire OSA could be captured by a foe they'd never heard of.

#20 Posted by King_Leo (526 posts) - - Show Bio

@addison_hopewell:

There, moment with Addison, a surge of something in the air. But it was fleeting, vanishing as quickly as it came, like a whisper in the wind to return, perhaps, at a later point. And now, the only survivors of Reality-M stood together before a hall of mirrors, each one offering a glimpse into different futures, some better and others worse. The Hypercube could overwhelm the senses and entice the mind, the heart. Some could be driven mad with a lust to see more, and though Leonel recognized Addison's strength - her steel - he stood close by, his flowing cape and the subtle warmth of his aura acting as constant reminders of his presence, as reassurance that she would not lose herself here where many in her place would.

A glimpse into Reality-M
A glimpse into Reality-M

"Somewhere in all this madness...we won?"

"We did", the Prince of Power nodded, his voice as reassuring as it was calm and strong like a mountain. "And in some of those futures, we go on to live happier lives, as does everyone who fought alongside us", he smiled, his hand on her shoulder. "Still, I'm thankful for the path we took. We lost our home, our families and our universe but, we became stronger for it. You became a queen and a proven war general. In other timelines", his gaze shifted, his eyes on a different mirror now, "We weren't as lucky". It was a timeline of greater tragedy, one with Addison at the helm of a last stand, all in a bid to buy Leonel time to flee Reality-M before it's fall, only for him to turn back and fight by her side till their last breath - to die with her. A grim finale to a grim life. "Poetic", Leonel said, calming the emotion spiking in his heart with a breath, as any war general would. He'd been a witness to these timelines more times than even his hyper-brain could count, yet the experience, the gravity of it all, was different with Addison there to bare witness as well.

So his eyes followed hers to the mirrors that drew her, they watched Madison's betrayal of her own people, and glimpsed at the Ninjans waging war with the Talmut. But then came a different war, one the Ninjans had lost to... "I'm not sure", Leonel said, his brow scowling, his eyes peering into the mirror to examine the machine presence that'd overtaken Ninjan territory. "Terraformation, they're re-purposing your territory. Hmm, my first instinct is the 3rd Society, but even they don't operate at the kind of scale to resource manage entire planets and moons. Not in any timeline I've seen, and not like that", he paused. Only the Abyssal Imperium had such reach in the cosmos.

"That might be the Imperium. But the mirror will only show us so much without the two of us actually stepping into it. We can do so. We won't be there physically, the mirror will transport the quantum information that makes up our consciousness and take us there as apparitions. They'll neither see nor know we're there, but we'll be able to see an hour's worth of time before we're permanently cut off from this timeline".

#21 Posted by Addison_Hopewell (60 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_leo:

No Caption Provided

"H-hold that thought" She said cutting Leonel off, it was hard to believe how is it that she'd gone through this entire time as Interim Queen and not known of this Imperium.

"SBA online" She commanded, to which the small device that appeared to be a watch suddenly activated. "I need all known references to the Abyssal Imperium" Her green eyes watched as her watch went through hundreds of thousands of files to produce only one match.

"Your Highness the last verified sighting of the Imperium was over one Earth year ago, shortly after Shayla and Earth's Alexis Pettis battle which caused the deaths of thousands. A Talabethian Cruiser pinged several ships converging on the location of Shayla. Neither have been since seen in the Omega Nebula."

Her head tilt to the side almost in confusion, before her exile Madison was adamant on removing the Ninjans from the OSA and recalling Ninjan woman back to Xiox. The Ninjan Empire was too big to be defended, it'd take way to long for the fleet to span the galaxy to defend shelters, but Xiox was surrounded by a nasty asteroid field--the only way any non-Ninjan ship could safely navigate it was with the OSA IFF tag.

Pressing on the mirror Addison waded through until she was "physically" on Xiox. "Oh Current..." she prayed gazing upon the plethora of Imperium ships in the Ninjan Sky. "They used the OSA IFF..." She said peering around seeing how fast they'd been taken out.

"Half of them didn't finish activating their SBA..." Her voice evolve through a series of emotion starting with pain ending with hatred.

Up above them the Talabeth continued to fight, masters of time they'd fight until the last of them died from rewinding too much. "Leonel...be honest with me..how much do you know about them. And are we in danger?"

#22 Posted by King_Leo (526 posts) - - Show Bio

@addison_hopewell:

Fists closed and arms at his sides, Leonel glided into the mirror after Addison, and though they were ghosts in a space and time not their own, everything seemed to bombard the senses as if they were. Light flared across the sky above them, explosions erupted in claps of destructive violence, and pillars of smoke rose from the ruins of Ninjan cities fallen to Imperium forces. There, floating in the dark skies of a Xiox night, the Prince of Power could have sworn his nose had caught the irony scent of blood. Below them, machines feasted on bodies, recycling their organic matter into fuel to power Imperium death machines meant to annihilate Ninjan resistance forces - and massive structures that tore Xiox open to feed on it's molten heart.

No Caption Provided

It was chaos. It was Reality-M brought to Ninjan soil. And Leonel could not fight the instinct to shift his gaze Addison's way. "I know enough about the Abyssal Imperium, Addison. Enough to want to destroy them. Enough to turn that want into a reality", he asserted with a war god's fire in his eyes. "But thus far, I don't know the Imperium to have any interest in your people, not in our timeline at least. I was going to take care of them myself. Partially because I have a personal vendetta against them", the Ancient One had forced it's way into Trinity's mind and took from her something that even the lowest of slaves still had - freedom in one's own thoughts and mind. "But also for you, so that you wouldn't have to. I've asked enough of you and your people in the past, I'm not going to ask you to jump into another war. Let me, for once, do something for you. Whether or not the Imperium has an interest in your people in our timeline doesn't matter. Because I'm going to destroy the Imperium before it can come to a decision".

"So to answer your question, no, you're not in danger, and neither are your people. But I am. Because I'm an enemy of the Imperium, and they're an enemy of mine. I'll destroy everything the Imperium has, and salt the ruins on every planet they own so nothing ever grows there again. I've learned a lot about myself in my time alone", he paused, "This isn't Reality-M, and I'm not the same person I was when we lost that war. I won't fail a second time".

#23 Posted by Addison_Hopewell (60 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_leo:

No Caption Provided

The smell of charred Ninjan remains overloaded Addison's nose unsettling her stomach in the process. The Talmut's attack on the Ninjans was an eye opener, one only Madison saw; she remembered the struggles of trying to get the OSA to mobilize to combat them.

She faced a new struggle, The Ninjans had dissolved their monarchy, she didn't have absolute power to make decisions as Madison once did, she'd now have to get the different classes to agree on implementing contingency measures to ensure at least the Ninjan home world was safe.

"I fought along side you in our war." She started before dropping to her knees to examine the nature of one of her fallen sisters. "I will not allow you to fight this battle on your own." Her hands surveyed the carnage left behind at the hands of the Imperium's machines.

"I know what I must do" She finally admitted after a long pause. She didn't care if the Ninjans weren't exactly in the direct line of fire, she wouldn't allow Leonel to fight this battle alone.

"I haven't told anyone this, but I've been working on a way to restore the Ninjan Origin world, Ninjeta." She said seemingly shaking off the swelling emotions regaining her composure of a dignitary.

"I've been working with a Crattian Terraformist who believes he can reinstate the climate of Ninjeta, right now I have a small group of Sigma's with a team of scientist covertly operating on the planet. They're creating artificial Ninjan lives to test how the climate is affecting them. I can get you an army."

The "Sigmas" were the Ninjans Military Class unlike Madison they actually liked Addison's ambitions of returning to the Ninjan Origin world, they'd back her. As with every civilization once the military was on board, anything can be made to happen.

"I will not allow you to fight this battle by yourself; but I am concerned. Why have you not done anything about the Lavalieres rumored to have been found on Earth?

#24 Posted by King_Leo (526 posts) - - Show Bio

@addison_hopewell:

"I will not allow you to fight this battle on your own"

No Caption Provided

The words - Addison's commitment - rang clear in his ears. "Why not?", Leonel asked, his eyes sweeping through Xiox's battered and cratered surface, "You'd be doing a lot, Addison. You don't rule in an absolute monarchy. I imagine going to war based solely on something your alien companion showed you after convincing you to leave Magnum Opus for some minutes.. will take some convincing of the political factions that make up your government", he paused, "After all, as far as they know, I've lost my right to set foot on Magnum Opus. Suddenly, you return after a few minutes elsewhere with me and you've not only changed your mind but want to jump into a war with me, and for me, even if only partially for me? I can already imagine the rumors".

"At best, they'll assume you have feelings for me given how far people go for those they care about. And at worst, they'll think I'm controlling your mind or something", his shook his head, a low chuckle flowing out his throat as the absurdity of it all settled in his mind. "But I believe there's a way for me to earn your people's favor", Leonel said, "I've made my name across the stars first as a Battleworld gladiator, second as one in Andromeda, and third as a leader - a king - of gladiators I liberated from Eteldan slavers on a colony world. I've fought alongside them, challenged tyrants and cosmic madmen in the farthest reaches of the universe with these men and women by my side. They're skilled and passionate. And they need more than what I can give them. I can convince them to bow down to you and become whatever special task-force you can imagine for the Ninjan armed forces. That will be my gesture of goodwill to your people. And maybe then they'll warm up to the idea of this war".

Casting his gaze all about, the Prince of Power felt the electric sting of charged particles in the air and scowled, "We've been here for long enough, Addison. We're leaving". He gave her no room to protest, hooking his arm around hers to recede back into the Hypercube's room of mirrors. "Not to sound like a broken record, but after everything I've done - to you and your people - I'd like to help that Crattian Terraformist. Restoring Ninjeta, an entire planet, won't be easy, but I believe a large version of the exomatter generator I built for Augusta can power any terraformation process he'll need. Besides, if you're really intent on joining this war, why not do so as the queen who restored Ninjeta? I don't think anyone'd dare challenge any proposal you make after that. Also, you never did tell me what you wanted. You had the courage to swing at me, words shouldn't trouble you", Leonel teased and smirked, if only briefly as Addison next echoed a question that disturbed him - shook his core.

"The Lavalieres?", his brow raised, his body turning to face hers, "I'd dismissed those rumors as just that, rumors. It just didn't seem possible that so many of them would end up on Earth. But if it's true, if there really are Lavalieres on Earth, they'll inevitably fall into human hands, if they already haven't. That's a lot of power for people who lack the sense of purpose to wield them, and the strength of mind to deserve them. If true, hopefully no single person has more than one. But I've never been one to leave things up to hope. After this war, after the Imperium's dealt with, I might look into the Lavalieres". At the very least it'll be enough time for the stones' wielders to amass enough skill to prove a stiff and interesting challenge for the warrior in Leonel.

#25 Posted by Addison_Hopewell (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Going to spend up a post in a few

#26 Posted by Addison_Hopewell (60 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

@king_leo

As much as she didn't want to admit it, Leonel was right now that her power was partitioned between the newly constructed Ninjan Government, that choice was no longer solely hers; but she assumed his proposal would work. Then again it could also back-fire because the Ninjans hated outsiders just getting them to get along with the other OSA races took centuries.

The Ninjans here were a lot different from hers, because of the Absolute Monarchy these Ninjans were just now dabbling in politics and the Arts. They were centuries behind her native Ninjans.

It was time for them to go, she had meeting on the horizon and she wasn't exactly sure how far out of the galaxy she was. "The restoration of Ninjeta is to be my legacy, and my trump card for reelection" She explained, even though she didn't need to explain the significance of Ninjeta's return to him.

"IF I even want to be elected. As far as what I really want. I think thats a conversation for next time. I need to leave you coming back for more" She teased.

Addison's face wince in minor frustration, the Omega Nebula had been in a stir recently. From all over the sector would-be slavers and treasure hunters mad their way toward the Milky Way because of those stones. She knew they were there.

"I just hope you have a home to go back to. You know how Earthlings are"

#27 Posted by King_Leo (526 posts) - - Show Bio

@addison_hopewell:

"They might just deify you"

By her right, Leonel stood and watched as Addison's eyes gazed into empty space, as though she were reflecting on her people, her standing with them, and the future she envisioned for Ninjeta. "Even if you aren't reelected in the future, your influence and power'd be secured if you restore Ninjeta. Ninjan history will show you as the people's savior. The queen who restored their true homeworld after years spent on a space station", the Prince of Power paused, "The least they'll do is sing songs about your legend, turn you into a historical icon and a standard for Ninjan greatness that generations'll aspire to reach. And the most they'll do?", a smile, calm and amused, "They might just deify you. Just don't let it get to your head".

"Leave me coming back for more?", he repeated, left brow raised as he strode around her, his cape brushing against her legs as a low laugh flowed out his throat, "I wonder what your people'd think if they saw you courting an alien. Still, what they think doesn't concern me because they'll see me with you again". Breathing in then out as the topic of Earth reached his ears, the Prince of Power turned round to meet Addison's gaze, "If emigrating to a new universe has taught me anything, Addison, it's that home is wherever I am, and what I make of it. This", he gestured to the walls around him, "Is my home. Because we lost our actual one a long time ago. But I'll after I deal with the Imperium, I'll take a look at Earth and the Lavalieres, if only to put you at ease", he said, his mind pulling back to thoughts of humans potentially mastering the Lavalieres - and the power they'd gain from doing so. A power the warrior in him was eager to challenge.

"Your people might get concerned if I keep you here for too long. They'll wonder what the caped alien did to their queen", he jested, the Hypercube folding space-time open till a window poked out a wall. "Climb into the window and you'll be teleported back to Magnum Opus. It's crude I know, to have a queen climb through a window, but it's not like I haven't seen you climb through a window before. I still remember when you were a soldier back in Reality-M leading armed raids", Leonel quipped.

#28 Posted by King_Leo (526 posts) - - Show Bio

Invictus, Augusta

White cape hanging from his shoulders like a knight's surcoat, armor glimmering with the light from holographic computers and flickering nanomachines working tirelessly around him, the Prince of Power hovered an inch above the ground - stressed - as he ran test after test of the solution he'd managed to purge the Ancient One from Trinity's mind. Holographic screen after holographic screen circled around him, projecting details from every failed test and every miscalculation. Frustration mounted, Leonel pinched the bridge of his nose and he breathed in and out - deep. He would try again. He would improve the test models, account for machine failure, and run new tests.

The Solution
The Solution

Hour after hour, day after day, and week after week he labored, the alabaster white of his laboratory reminding him only of the bleakness of Trinity's situation. She had that thing living in her mind, invading her memories and mingling with her thoughts. A constant reminder for why he could not leave her to deal with the Ancient One on her lonesome. So he worked until the tests ran green and the femto-scale computers he'd built began working optimally. Designed to manipulate the quantum information that constituted the Ancient One's consciousness, they would deport the tyrant from the borders of Trinity's mind. But the Ancient One's consciousness was unlike any other. It was greater, far stronger than any ordinary consciousness. It was an abomination, a cosmic monstrosity that permeated space-time like a force of nature.

The femto-scale computers would require an unimaginable power source to overcome any resistance posed by the Ancient One. And so, the Prince of Power worked, building machine after machine until an orb glowed blue from his palm. The orb? A network of femto-scale computers powered by energy drawn from exomatter, exotic ultra-dense tachyonic matter from the hyper-spatial bulk. The time had come to purge the Ancient One from Trinity's mind, and recruit her for his grand effort to annihilate the Abyssal Imperium.

#29 Posted by Rosso (4711 posts) - - Show Bio

Recruit her? Trinity would take soooooo much offense at that notion.

#30 Posted by Shield-Maiden (1427 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#31 Posted by Trinity-Blue (4129 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Phenomenal (45 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Rosso (4711 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Edited by Phenomenal (45 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Rosso (4711 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by King_Leo (526 posts) - - Show Bio

@trinity-blue:

Invictus, Augusta

Like a blanket held by an unseen hand, ordinary space-time folded open. And out the strange maw of the hyper-spatial bulk, walked the Prince of Power, and alongside him, Trinity the Destructor. White cape tattered, his joints fractured and his body ravaged by the tidal forces of the Ancient One's black hole, Leonel collapsed - and scowled in anger. "I'm... gnnhh... going to kill that abomination", he growled. ||-Perhaps you should heal first-||, a voice echoed, light and robotic as a luminous hexeract - Augusta's resident A.I. or Hex, as it was called - floated into view. "You don't say?", Leonel mocked, eyes rolling with sarcasm as a stream of nanomachines soared into his body to treat his wounds.

Gliding over Leonel, Hex cast it's soft blue glow on Trinity, it's voice now lifted with curiosity, ||-Ah, so this is Trinity Blue. It seems then that you have succeeded in purging the Ancient One from her mind-||.

"Nordok", the Prince of Power corrected.

"Ra is dead"

"Don't avoid saying that thing's name like all the other people that fear it. And don't give it respect by referring to it by that stupid title", Leonel continued, his body treated enough by the nanomachines for him to stand. "Anyway, we have more important things to do", he paused, tattered cape flowing with him as he turned to lock eyes with Trinity. "We need to make sure Nordok can never enter your mind again. And if it means anything to you", he shrugged, almost indifferent if it didn't, "Ra is dead. Or worse than that", he revealed, arms crossing over his strong chest, "I shattered his soul, changed the quantum information that constituted his soul into something else", Leonel paused with a glance Hex's way. "So he doesn't exist anymore. Only this, an A.I. made from the waste material of his soul".

#37 Posted by Trinity-Blue (4129 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_leo: @nordok:

Alongside Leo as she had been at the Cosmic Crosswinds, Trinity fell to her hands and knees feeling a modicum of relief for the fact she was no longer fighting against the pull of a rift threatening to destroy everything around. Including me, she thought with no minuscule bitterness. Her rage began to simmer and then boil over as the story of her life repeated its never-ending cycle of use and discard, and the realization that control over her Ephemeran experiment had been once again ripped away.

Leo spoke. She looked through him, hardly listening. "I don't care. It's not the same if it's not me." Although the 8th Wonder had made her list, he, like the others, would wait. His offense was less personal. But he'd pay too.

Trinity stared into the blank space before the ground, head slowly angling this way and that, as though running some difficult mental calculations. "Still hurts," she whispered to herself. Finally she stood, eyes on him, actually seeing him, yet still struggling to process...something.

"I'm going to make you suffer for this."

She shot him a hateful glare, blue eyes sparkling with tears not fully formed. "This is all your fault. When he's there, I can feel him. Like a parasite that my body can't adapt to. I feel his desires and when I defy him everything in me hurts," she said, gritting her teeth.

"And it still hurts." Her voice quivered. Nordok was still in there. "You did this to me, Leo. Told me you were my friend. But you used me, just like they did. Always asking for my help, asking me to be there for you. Again. And again. And again. Then you abandoned me for some dead girl," she spat.

"I told you, you could count on me when you needed me. I've always been your...person. I did more for you than anyone else of my own free will. I only ever asked for your help once, and after everything else, you wouldn't do the same for me."

Hands balled into fists, Trinity stood frozen in place, electricity sparking from her then shining eyes. Her voice fell hollow as it passed through her lips. "Leo...I'm going to make you suffer for this."

Hehee, so not exactly "reminding him of his altruism," buuuuuut c'mon. It's Trinity. What'd you expect?

#38 Posted by King_Leo (526 posts) - - Show Bio

@nordok: @trinity-blue:

Nanomachines binding his damaged tissue, tension hanging thick in the air like a force of nature, the Prince of Power glanced a wordless command Hex's way. Leave, his eyes said. And leave, Hex did, floating away to corners of Augusta unknown. Meeting eyes with Trinity once more, Leonel listened, his face as hard as stone, and his gaze as piercing as a blade. But in his veins, his blood boiled. "I am your best friend!", Leonel growled, brow sharpened by a scowl. What Trinity'd said, what her words were implying, that the Ancient One still lingered... it couldn't be. Leonel'd imprisoned Nordok's consciousness in a prison almost inescapable. He was sure of it. "You think that just because I don't grovel at your feet like everyone else that I don't care about you?", he began, "That because I'm not at your beck and call and don't fear you, I don't have love for you?".

"Let's settle this"

"I don't fear you, Trinity. I don't fear anyone. There's not a thing, person, god, force of nature, whatever, in this universe I wouldn't fight. I don't fear you. I love you, but you don't understand that", he paused, his daring eyes never breaking from hers, and his voice never losing it's nerve. "You don't understand that because you can't conceive of anything that's not a part of the little world inside your head. I love you!", he roared, space station rocked by the thunder of his voice, "It's why I spent months slaving away trying to correct Ra's mistake. It's why I built machine after machine, exhausted every library of knowledge I have to create something to purge that thing from your mind! Because I know it's my fault! I know I should've helped you, and that letting Ra do it was a mistake. That's why I killed him too. That's why I'm gathering every conceivable resource I can to destroy the Imperium and Nordok. For you. If I didn't care, if I was only using you, I wouldn't have done any of this. Because I didn't need to. I didn't need to try and push Nordok out of your mind. I didn't need to arm myself and devise plan after plan to destroy the Imperium".

"Because none of those things are my problem. Not really. They'e your problem. But I made your problem mine because I care about you more than anyone! Get that through your thick skull! I could've easily left this universe and you for dead and found another one. But instead I isolated myself from everyone in this place to grow stronger, better so I could help you. So that I could help you destroy Nordok who has hurt you so much. But funk it", he paused, adrenaline rushing through him, and eyes glowing blue like a cold flame. "Talking to you won't accomplish anything". Body nearly healed and swelling with power, the Lion of Andromeda caught the tears on Trinity's eyes and felt a lump thicken in his throat. "You don't want to listen or talk. So let's settle this now the only way you know how. You'll even get the chance to destroy my space station like you almost did years ago. So come on".

This is going to be so good, LOL.

#39 Posted by Trinity-Blue (4129 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_leo:

She tried to listen to him—honestly tried. After all, until recently he wasn't just her best friend; he was her only friend. There was the goddess, but she seemed mostly to tolerate Trinity, some of the time. But Leo was different...or at least she'd thought so, until his callousness allowed the Ancient One back into her mind. At some time the constant pushback between them had been endearing. Now, it only made her that much more furious.

He wasn't all wrong. She wanted to talk. He had to know why things were the way that they'd become, had to understand his fault and why he had essentially inflicted his own suffering upon himself. But she'd made up her mind long ago. He was going to hurt for it, fear or not. "Of course you don't, you're too stupid to know fear but that's irrelevant. I never wanted you to fear me." She hesitated, nearly giving voice to some unfamiliar sentiment but catching the words just before they'd made the transition from her mind to her mouth. Instead, "It is good you do not fear. That just means I don't have to chase you down."

Trinity shot up at an angle, just slightly, in their close proximity seeking to ram the top of her skull into the jaw of the naturally taller Leonel. Propelled purely on the power of her flight speed, she offered no muscular telegraph as she sought to lift him off of his feet with her head before sending him back, stunned, with a herculean push kick to the solar plexus and follow with a flurry of prodding blows. But Leo wasn't just any enemy. She didn't want him dead. This pain was a long time coming - she had to savor it.

#40 Edited by King_Leo (526 posts) - - Show Bio

@trinity-blue:

THOOM! Augusta shook, rocking like a boat at the mercy of a rising tide, and Leonel felt it - Trinity's skull crashing into his chin like a meteor promising his extinction. It hurt. The pain swarmed through his chin, seeped into his skull and rattled his brain. But then his eyes flashed white and he vanished, jumping through higher dimensions to reappear behind her. "Ha! Don't make me laugh", Leonel scoffed with spat blood, gloved hand rubbing his wounded jaw, "You're too stupid to know what you don't know. And too emotionally stunted to understand anything beyond petty tantrums", he continued, muscles swelling with gravitational energy, radiation - power - as his limbs swung in waves. Overhands, hooks, uppercuts, elbows, kicks, all crackling like moons threatening to crash into Trinity, all coming through hyper-spatial portals behind her, in front of her, beside her - from every possible angle around her until he'd separated her from her consciousness.

"Too full of yourself to see what exists outside your glass house. That I've spent all my energy doing this shit for you", his blows rising in number, roaring louder with power, "But you can't even see that! You can't see that no one else - no one but me - came to help you. To try and purge Nordok from your mind. Amassed his own army to destroy the Imperium because they've done you wrong. Took on your problems and made them my own when I didn't have to. Instead of seeing that, you're doing Nordok's work for him, trying to fight me. Stop this now Trinity! I know I've made my mistakes, I've tried to correct them, I still am. I wouldn't be trying, wouldn't be talking if I didn't love you, if I didn't give a shit about you. But I do. That's why I'm the only one trying to help you. The only one who spent months looking for you to try and fix things. Not your goddess, not anyone else. Me".

No Caption Provided

His words wouldn't matter. Leonel knew it. Trinity wouldn't understand. Still, the Prince of Power tried. But if all else failed, his eyes flared red and out flowed streams of exotic particles. Particles that emitted no radiation, electrical or magnetic fields. Particles that were unique to him. Particles made of only type of quantum, of only one 'color' of gluon, and of extreme heat, near light-speed, and ultra-density. Particles meant to - distract. Distract as Leonel beckoned the Hypercube to him to do one thing and one thing only; disengage his and Trinity's mass from Augusta and reengage it elsewhere in the empty space between the Milky Way and Andromeda. If he was to lose his friend, he'd at least salvage his space station.

In the space between two galaxies, the two would have their battle.

#41 Posted by ParagonxXx (3556 posts) - - Show Bio

*Munches popcorn as I watch the fight*

#42 Posted by Trinity-Blue (4129 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_leo:

A new trick. Leo couldn't do that last time they'd met. Or at least she'd never seen it. An ability independent of his biological catalogue which meant she couldn't replicate it. She spun to face him—

—and turned right into massive overhand sunk her back onto solid ground. Trinity hardly heard his raving as blow after blow rocked her skull and body, hurting her like few beings in the universe had shown themselves capable. She gritted her teeth and stood her ground in spite of them, concentrating hard on her efforts to stifle any vocal cries, simply to deny him the satisfaction while rage alone kept her from giving an inch.

No Caption Provided

And if she had her druthers, the two of them were going nowhere. He wouldn't get the chance. Rather than be distracted by his display, the habitually aggressive Blonde Bruiser sought to preempt him. Reaching back into her myriad genetic memories as though selecting a book from a catalogue, she selected the one titled Amaranth. Her body flickered in and out of intangibility for nary a second, but in that instant she reached her hand into the space that his chest occupied. As it solidified it would cause them both immeasurable pain. But it was pain the likes of which she'd felt before.

She offered but a simple retort, forcing her lips into a smirk, as she attempted to solidify herself inside his body, coiling a fist around any available rib—"You hit like a bitch."—before jerking on the handhold, using their fused bodies as an agonizing tether, causing him internal pain while simultaneously giving her leverage to repeatedly butt her head into his nose.

#43 Edited by Mister_Surreal (4478 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Edited by King_Leo (526 posts) - - Show Bio

@trinity-blue:

Like a ghost, Trinity glided through his exotic particle beams, and a heartbeat later - her hand'd phased into his chest. He felt her fingers coil round a rib-bone, and the pain swarmed hot through his chest like a supernova from within. She tugged, and her head came crashing into his nose, again and again till there was a sharp crunch - sickening to the ear - and a drop of blood. Vision blurred and his mind dazed, Leonel fought for focus and Trinity's words echoed once more in his mind.

"You hit like a bitch"

He answered. Mouth opening wide, he echoed no word - but roared a blast unlike any other. His answer? A high-intensity burst of gamma rays to erupt an inch from her face like a miniature star. As the pain from Trinity's hand spiked through his chest like superheated needles piercing through every nerve and spilling blood, the Prince of Power endured to answer every headbutt that came his way with blast after blast of gamma rays till he could hook an arm round Trinity's and drag her into the hyper-spatial bulk - then back out into his preferred battleground. The space between the Milky Way and Andromeda galaxies. There, in the cold maw of lawless space, the Prince of Power'd teleport away from Trinity, warping in and out of ordinary space-time to free himself from her intangible grip. There, the Prince of Power'd resolve to end their battle as quickly as it'd started. Clutching his chest, a sharp heat stabbing it as a reminder of what Trinity'd done, Leonel vanished.

No Caption Provided

He'd soared into higher dimensional space where the speed of light was a barrier he could break. Warping out higher dimensional space ten light minutes away from Trinity, his eyes fired a beam of electromagnetic energy - thermonuclear temperatures and light speed. Again he entered and exited higher dimensional space, from a different position now, and nine light minutes away from Trinity as he fired another electromagnetic energy beam. It was rinse and repeat till multiple beams of electromagnetic energy zeroed in on her from ten different directions, all timed to blast into Trinity at the same time, all after the Prince of Power'd reentered higher dimensional space before she could ever know where he'd been and where the beams'd come from and thus - prevent counterfire. But Trinity was powerful. A seasoned warrior too gritty, too steely to be felled by energy beams, even those as hot and fast as his. No, he needed to end this now.

"You hit like a bitch"

Her words echoed again. She wasn't going to see reason nor understand. She was Trinity. A force of nature that attacked first and asked questions never. So Leonel'd do as Augusta's Exomatter Reactor Core did. As the femto-scale computers he'd used to purge what he could of Nordok from Trinity's mind. He'd harness the power of exomatter, the exotic and ultra-dense tachyonic matter native to the hyper-spatial bulk, and an energy source long since used by Augusta. Disengaging his mass and energy from local space-time, Leonel dove into the higher dimensions of bulk space, drawing out the exomatter from it's fabric, and pouring into his fist every ounce of the monstrous energy it released as the ultra-dense matter warped back to bulk space and he out of it. Left hyper-dense and loaded with the energy of the hyper-spatial bulk, his fist hummed and fly out a portal behind Trinity to crash into the back of her head with a power unseen even by gods themselves.

A power Leonel hoped would rend Trinity from her consciousness. A power that erased his left arm to cosmic dust. And a power that - should it succeed - would be followed by words Trinity'd never hear. "I'm sorry". He'd return her to Augusta and see to Nordok's complete removal from her mind. But should he fail, the Prince of Power'd remain defiant, fearless, and'd continue to do battle as a one-armed god fighting for the friend that'd shattered his nose and torn his chest asunder.

#45 Posted by Shield-Maiden (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

I am really enjoying this! A good learning experience and very addicting to read <3.

Expect the presence of the warrior princess ;D

#46 Posted by Grimmwald (3088 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by Nordok (2149 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Grimmwald (3088 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by Rosso (4711 posts) - - Show Bio