Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By Rosso
No Caption Provided

"—like any way that really matters, I'm dead. Inside somewhere, someone's screaming and weeping and howling like an animal, but that's not me. It's someone else, deep inside. Someone...with no access to this face, these lips and eyes and head. So I smile and do my part, but...Really, I–I feel like...like I've been dead for...since I was a little girl."

Juniper sipped, half-sobbed and poured her heart out for the young man next to her in the booth. Hesitating, he laid his arm over her back and rubbed her shoulder, giving a gentle squeeze. Only around a year older than her and experientially less so, his name was Alex Tavares and he went by Arclight most nights. The vigilante-hero boasting control over luminous particles had been causing trouble for Arthur and the Sons of Ragnarok, and it was time for Valentina to once again show her loyalty for a wad of cash. This was the man she'd come to kill.

But she liked Alex, in an unfortunate sort of way. Not as in I'd consider a committed relationship, but at least it's nice that he's alive and here with me.

"Aw, June...I can call you June, right? Is that okay with you? Just...feels less formal." She nodded without speaking and, gingerly, Tavares guided the drink down from her face. "Maybe what you need isn't more nights out in places like this. Alcohol and casual sex clearly won't make it go away. What if - and this is just a thought but it's completely up to you - you just need something more meaningful, with someone you can talk to?"

"Are you saying...?" She leaned into him, a hopeful glint in her emerald eyes, but as his words sunk in, shame rose within her and she slumped dejectedly in her seat.

"Hey hey hey," he was quick to correct. "You can do whatever you want. No shame. I just want you to know that, if no one else is, I can be your person. If you want me to. Everybody needs someone they can talk to freely. And I mean...have you thought about alerting the media? Posting about it, maybe a blog? If Dr. Knightfall really is such a monster then this completely flies in the face of the image she projects. And if she's taking advantage and gaslighting you then I know people would be interested in your story. You have no ideahow strong you are." He hesitated, then added, "As strong as you are beautiful."

Gradually, he'd been inching the glass further and further across the table but as he finished talking June seemed to notice, reaching almost frantically but Alex waved her off. 'Watch this,' he signalled. The cup seemed to vanish and two small, hard-light figures rose up from the table. A man and woman, his body a solid blue, hers red, they came together and began to waltz. Around them, photons shone and sparkled and popped in a miniature fireworks show. Juniper's face lit up and she watched, mouth agape, as the fireworks varied in intensity with the couple's dance, itself in rhythm with the music playing over the speakers.

"Thanks Alex. Can we...?" Her head inclined slightly, self-consciously, toward the door.

"Oh yeah, no problem," said Alex Tavares dutifully, ceasing his light tricks. "I'll call an Ub"

"Please let me." She'd already taken her phone out of her purse, adding for good measure, "Just...please, let me exert control over this one aspect of my life, for now." Alex, the darling, was as supportive as anyone could be. Such a good boy...

Three minutes later he was helping the stumbling girl up from the booth, outside and into a black 2018 Dodge Durango. Juniper confirmed the driver, who merged seamlessly into oncoming traffic. "Getcha anything? Water, snacks? Aux?"

"Ooh!" Like an overeager child, Juniper snatched the cable with both hands and plugged into her phone. The screen lit up her face, and Blue Oyster Cult's "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" began blaring through the speakers.

Puzzled, then intrigued, Alex cocked his head. "That is way old school. Don't tell me part of your torture was being forced to listen to this. That woman really is cruel."

"Actually," said June as though the fact it was a joke went right over her head, "daddy was a fan. I grew up with this kinda thing." Before flashing a wry grin and retorting sardonically. "What, you'd prefer Fame On Fire covering 'Gucci Gang?'"

But just as he opened his mouth to respond she darted across the seat, stealing his breath with an exceedingly familiar kiss. It took several long seconds, but a sense of propriety repossessed Alex and he gave a gentle push, prompting her to pull away. Immediately registering hurt and shame in her expression. Commence damage control. He stammered, his eyes meeting those of the driver in the rearview mirror. "Wait, wait, I mean...You know if your passenger rating dips too low they can completely ban you from the app, right?"

"Ah don't worry about it," shot back the driver over his shoulder. "I know what's comin' next. You might as well enjoy it." That was all the encouragement Juniper needed to pick up where she left off.

Alex still felt uncomfortable about having an audience, but found himself beginning to ease into the circumstance in spite of himself.

The longer he remained lip-locked with her, the more he realized what a relaxing effect she was having on him. He was practically melting at her touch. Melting into the seat, and then through it. Sinking, he felt his world transforming. Into a shared reality, between just the two of them, where nothing mattered but his ability to take care of June. Whatever she wanted. She was right. She was absolute.

Soon he was watching himself and her from outside of his body. With some difficulty, he realized he was no longer returning her affections. She was exploring his body further but he could not return the favor. His arms and legs, his lips and his tongue, wouldn't move. A spike—panic. It faded just as soon. There was a pang of guilt but that, too, faded as he realized that he didn't matter either. She was absolute. That didn't include him. There she was, robbing him of everything from basic bodily control to his very sense of self. And Alex Tavares couldn't have been happier.

He wasn't sure how long he'd been falling or when everything changed, but he found himself standing, alone, in a sea of...That can't be right. It was a place not of darkness, but...nothingness. What Alex saw, what he felt, was the true absence, of anything at all. An indescribable world where there was nothing else but himself, and yet he could feel, as clearly as anything else, that he was utterly insignificant.

Wait. He spun around. He couldn't see it but he couldfeel...something. Suddenly it was in front of him, behind him, ever-present at every side. Yet he saw nothing.

No Caption Provided

Another layer of his new reality folded in on itself. This was it. The end. Of himself. Of everything. Alex gleaned a vague sense of Juniper's presence. Was she here too? No, but she had been. Faint flashes of events played out in the periphery of his mind, from his birth until the car ride, and as each one passed he felt it fading away forever. Names of people and places forever lost, he could no longer assign an identity to any of them—except one. He saw, as through a barrier, the girl who had taken his life. Jun—No. "V-V-...Va–" Briefly, he'd been allowed to gaze upon her true self, before the memory of her also faded.

Now he was truly alone. He, the blank slate, and the ever-present thing that resides in the nothing. Another spikepanic, but this time it wouldn't subside. The essence formerly known as Alex whipped around this way and that, greeted each time in every direction by the void. But he could hear it. Faintly, at first. Distant, but increasing in volume. Terror, as he realized the wailing chorus was upon him. He spun around, one more time, and let out a howl neverending as he too was swallowed up into the sea of souls trapped within the Soul Lavaliere.

There was silence in the car.

Valetina settled in and buckled her seatbelt. Her face was expressionless as she gazed out of the window.

Arthur studied her in the mirror and scoffed. "Aw, don't tell me you actually minded doing that."

"Tch! Of course not. What, I'm supposed to be suprised I killed him? This is what was expected. Thrilled? How many times have I done this? It's nothing new."

"Maybe to youShit." He laughed, glacing back at the soulless husk. "You didn't tell us you could do that, you goddamn succubus. Guess it's a good thing we never hooked up after all."

"Aw, baby, but I still left room for dessert. You don't wanna help a girl out?" Valentina teased, hand caressing the Soul Lavaliere that'd been fitted into what appeared to be a charm bracelet. And though she'd meant it only as a joke, a throbbing hunger welled up within the stone suggesting otherwise.

The Dodge pulled into a garage just at the edge of what used to be Black House. "Tell youwhat," said Arthur over his shoulder. "You handle disposal and I'll throw in another two grand, just for the chore." It was chump change, Valentina knew. But she'd been playing low-key for a while, solo missions only. Back to the bottom of the pile, as far as Arthur and the Sons were concerned. Endearing herself to her superiors once more would always come with perks. More money and opportunities in the future, even favors. Didn't hurt that it also kept her from being marked herself.

"You couldn't have said that in the first place?" Smirking, she climbed over into the driver's seat as the Neo-Juggernaut exited the vehicle, leaving all of her promised pay in a paper bag on the floor.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#202 Feral Nova  Moderator
No Caption Provided

Musa_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She turned the Soul Gem into a fashion accessory

No Caption Provided

_Araneae_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By _Araneae_
Musa_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Araneae_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Musa_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Araneae_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@musa_bashir: While I've got you here, you have an island of criminals I wanna play with. Lemme borrow up the keys >:)

Musa_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@musa_bashir:

Never heard it but I'll take that as a yes ;-P
Never heard it but I'll take that as a yes ;-P

Vengance101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Vengance101

How does this even work (like you win the money) lol unless the people who listed their characters here want them dead and will sell the death?

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vengance101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx: under what?

It doesn't mention about player characters only npc's.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vengance101:

The instructions are simple:

1. Add a name to the list
  2. Add money to the pot in the person's name
  3. Predict when the person will die
  4. Correct predictions win the pot

Example:

I'm adding Hawkshade to the list.

$10,000

Two days

Vengance101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vengance101: Likely two IC days. ~_^

And it was just an example. :P

Musa_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Musa_Bashir

@rosso:

Its only a yes if you listen to the song

NSFW

Loading Video...

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: What if someone doesn't want to be on the list?

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5f514b6ead6d5
deactivated-5f514b6ead6d5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: For example:

John Doe goes through the normal process of putting Jane Doe's character on this list, but Jane Doe doesn't want her character on this list.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blue_ghost: So you're talking about an instance in which a person wants to put a character's name on the list for IC reasons, but the other person, out-of-character, doesn't want their character's name up?

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx: Well, there are two schools of thought that just occurred and diverged in my mind.

1. Okay, if it makes you particularly uncomfortable, I guess we can take your name down.

2. [And this is what I'm more naturally inclined toward.] Meh, let 'em put the name up. The thing is, you still control who you RP with, how and why. All this does is open up avenues, or excuses, for certain kinds of people [assassins, mercs, and other soldier-of-fortune types] to RP with other kinds of people. It doesn't have to be taken. Let's say I and someone else want to write with each other but we don't know why or how our characters would meet...Well, Valentina being an assassin is an easy way. She could be hired to do a job for Ada Guillaume, or she could be out to kill Ada Guillaume for money [for example]. It really doesn't even have to change anything about the way Sha plays at all. It's simply an option, may add a bit of spice to open RPs, and means if that person ever sells their character dying [even if it's not connected to this thread or any killer-for-hire], there's an auxiliary effect or several...like, in the background [but potentially making their way to the foreground--it's all about what people wanna do].

But if someone says "I wanna hunt down Grimmwald" and Impero says "I'm not feeling like writing Grimmwald," then it's tough tits for that merc/assassin. They can't make him do that. Or even if he's feeling Grimmwald but he just says "I don't want to write with your character," that's up to him. This thread is not meant to force people into any kind of RP, or force them to RP with anybody with whom they don't want to RP. [That's literally impossible, both because of rules and because...well, it's a forum on the Internet.]

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: Awesome, thanks for the answers! ^_^

Avatar image for raysh_al_shaytan
Raysh_Al_Shaytan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Name:Red Jay

Price: One Thousand Krugerrands (negotiable; upon completion of job)

Time Table: Open

No Caption Provided

Red_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damian_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_jay:

I'm comin for them cheeks boi.
I'm comin for them cheeks boi.

Marcques_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Marcques_
@rosso said:

That's literally impossible, both because of rules and because...well, it's a forum on the Internet.]

I wouldn't say impossible

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyler_Marshal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marcques_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Juno_Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That moment where I need to remind myself that Will is like family, and that cashing in on that would be
That moment where I need to remind myself that Will is like family, and that cashing in on that would be "wrong" or "terrible" and "incredibly profitable"

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By ParagonxXx

@juno_fei:

*Whispers* Then hire someone to do it for you, that way it's them doing it not you. ~_^

Juno_Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx: Good lord! Aren't you supposed to be one of the good guys!? Stop giving me good, evil ideas! >_<

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juno_fei:

Must be the Black Chrysonite making me evil again. Mwhahaha!
Must be the Black Chrysonite making me evil again. Mwhahaha!

Red_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Sniffles* I’m just glad I’m important enough to kill, though nonetheless, bring it on!

Damian_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_jay:

Don't worry man. Those cheeks are mine...I need those Krugerrands

Red_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damian_knight: *Insert scan of Drake beating Dami with no effort :P*

Jk, less’ go

Damian_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_jay:

I'll get a post up after school. Bludstone?

Red_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damian_knight: I’ll have to see if we can carry out my bounty out into different threads. (I say that ‘cause I see the majority of hits take place in this thread.)

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_jay: They dont have to be carried out in this thread. In fact I think every time someone was actually hunting another person's character it was in another thread. This thread doesn't have to be anything but a facilitator, but it's been used for planning, layered posts, or as my one-shot playground. But yeah, no need to feel restricted in that sense.

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damian_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Step off! His cheeks are mine old man!
Step off! His cheeks are mine old man!
This aint Twitch kid. KD's are real out here
This aint Twitch kid. KD's are real out here

Damian_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantomshell:

I will collect on this payment. And I shall kill you if I have to.
I will collect on this payment. And I shall kill you if I have to.
Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers