The Arrival Of Affinity

Riyan_Haruka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Riyan_Haruka

In the city of Osaka The sun beamed down upon Riyan, the heat becoming unbearable. At least, that's how he would've felt if it weren't for the large crimson umbrella he carried with him wherever he went. Today, he planned to go for a social trip with his friends. It was a nice way to get away from his internships at the IT company and from his college work.

No Caption Provided

Humming as he walked, Riyan continued to venture down the busy city, tuning out the idle noises as he hummed the tune of King's Saints.

A couple more yards and he was almost there. His excitement was rising, they had planned to go travel to the United States and sight-see. The trip would've have been paid for, by the trust fund his parents left him. It was enough for him to survive without working, but he felt he'd only be letting himself down if he took the lazy route. So he only used it for vacations.

However, his tranquil scene was interupped by the scream of a woman "Get Out Of The Road Now!!!" She yelled with her hand on her pregnant stomach. Riyan turned to see a small boy, running into the street towards a small bear.

Then he heard the horn of a truck.

An 18 wheeler was speeding towards the boy, and it didn't seem to be stopping anytime soon. Without receiving any command, his body ran towards the boy. He didn't have time to jump so he picked up the bear and shoved the child with his shoulder, throwing him out of the way.

The last thing he heard was the crashing of the truck, as his vision suddenly went white.

¤ ¤ ¤

His consciousness slowly returned, and he opened his eyes to find he was in a kind of hospital. The sudden change startled him, he shot upwards into a sitting position to find a bunch of tunes were connected to him. He could've sworn he died...Yet, his body felt absolutely no pain.

A woman with black hair and red rimmed glasses walked over to him, her lab coat seemed a bit long for her, but he wasn't going to say anything.

"Well, you woke up early" She teased him, it was a bit cruel teasing him in this state but it didn't bother him too much.

"Am I dea-" Before he couldn't finish asking his question, she answered.

"Lemme explain this the best way I can, you were dead. Now you're not. You're not on Earth but you're not sleeping onto of clouds either. And don't need to worry about your friends, they'll receive news on your death soon" She turned to a hologram, its interface wasn't something that he recognized, and he has worked with almost all of the programs on Earth. And the language definitely wasn't English nor Japanese.

He was about to open his mouth to ask another question when he saw the door to his room open. It wasn't until they were up close to him could he see the newcomer. It was a small child, hair as gold as it could get with eyes redder than his umbrella. He wore unusual clothing, an open white cloak with gold around the edges.

"Hiya there!" The kid spoke as he grabbed a stool nearby, dragging it to near Riyan's bedside.

"Not to be impolite, but I don't think I know you" Riyan looked between the two of them, and then his surroundings. It was only then he realized he was a good couple of miles above the ground. "And I don't know where I am either"

The doctor (she looked like one) read the arcane series of scribbles on the display before turning to the child. "Doesn't seem like he suffered major injuries which is odd becaus-"

"Its odd but it can happen" The child cut off. "Excuse my manners, I'm Aenese. And you are on a different planet...well planet would be an understatement. You're in a different universe."

His face must've shown the surprise he felt because Aenese chuckled. "It can't be that hard to believe. You're scientist did create M-Theory, and I've seen beings from other universes hop into your world." Aenese then pointed twos the tunes. "You seem good to go, but if you have questions just call for me. But I suggest you meet with some of the other Vanguards outside first. K Bai!"

Aenese suddenly disappeared in a puff of golden smoke, it was like watching a magician disappear from their finishing act. The doctor began to remove the tubes from his body. "Isn't he absolutely adorable! He's like so fun-sized. I just want to gobble him up. Good thing he's at least a thousand years old, makes what I'm feeling okay"

Riyan didn't agree, he still looked like a child even if he really was a thousand years old. But she had an obnoxiously large pair of scissors in her hand and she already seemed like she was going to tip over the edge, so he nodded in silence.

After she finished removing the tube, she helped him onto his feet, pointing to the door."Good Luck! And be careful. No more trips here, got it?"

Riyan waved with a warm smile "Okay and Thank you for healing me!" He headed out of the door, ready to confront the rest of the Vanguards waiting outside.

StarSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nice post! To be honest I was expecting a common superhero story at the beginning, you know the basic hero saves the day story, then it took a completely different turn. I look forward to learning more about your character and the Vanguards. Again, Nice job!