The ARK Job (IC Thread)

Max_Morana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

March 18th, an undisclosed laboratory...

A small hatch on the ceiling slid openly silently, and down came Dr. Morana himself, floating elegantly inside of his containment unit.

"Gentlemen..." His dome illuminated with each shrill and robotic word uttered as he now floated among his colleagues. "I am pleased that you could all arrive on such short notice."

The brain inside bubbled with anticipation, now slowly spinning so he could meet each and every one of these killers "eye" to eye.

"Where it is you came from, what made you who you are today, why you chose to take up this violent and profitable life... None of these things interest me in the slightest. No, I am far more interested in the RESULTS of your origins. Each and every one of you are impressive in your craft, and I am not easily impressed. Artists, you could say. So please, allow me to tempt your... Appetites."

A hologram presented itself among the mercenaries, presenting an elaborate map of their target.

"BEHOLD, THE ARK WAREHOUSE! A facility so shrouded in secret, that it barely even exists on the most confidential texts of the United States Government. I assure you all, this is for very good reason. The ARK hosts a multitude of powerful artifacts, technology and materials that no one person should every possess. It is located in the most uncharted and perilous reaches of the Lacandon Jungle, with a security force thrice the population of it's scientists."

Morana's voice grew more hysteric with each pause, now floating to each and every one of them.

"BUT WHO ARE THEY TO HOLD THESE ITEMS!? HM!? Little men, hoarding the GENIUS OF OTHERS. BAH I SAY! These are the FOOLS who had forsaken my entire life's work. THE FOOLS WHO HOLD MY GREATEST INVENTION TO THIS VERY DAAAAY! And so, my killers, all of you will assist me in knocking down their walls. You WILL SLAUGHTER each and every idiot that gets in OUR way! AND YOU WILL PAVE THE PATH FOR ME TO TAKE WHAT IS MINE."

The Doctor floated back suddenly, collecting himself with an eerily long silence.

"Your compensation for such thirsty work? It's very simple, gentlemen. My creation, very conveniently, lies just beyond The Main Stock. The largest room in the facility, and where the bulk of this facility's treasures can be found. Help me, and you will have access to whatever you can carry out with you. You. Will. Not. Be. Disappointing..."

"Prepare yourselves. For in a matter of days, we will commence the operation..."

March 22nd, The Lacandon Jungle, Outside of The ARK Warehouse.

The despicable brain floated among the thick overgrowth of the jungle, his Dome's scanners running a quick observation of what waited for them all on the outside. Vehicular patrols, foot patrols, sniper towers, an APC and an attack helicopter on standby. If the Doctor could click his tongue in disappointment, he would.

"My my my, you've lowered your patrol body count. Grown comfortable in your seclusion, is it?" He mused aloud, wiring into the team's broadcast frequency.

"Tonight is the night, gentlemen. On your provided Smart Maps, you will see the units I managed to tag. Be warned, there could be more yet. Now, I just simply can't see myself telling you all how to perform your craft... So please, show me why I hired you..."Morana "chuckled" through his droning vocal unit, floating a touch higher than the treeline. This way he'd have a perfect view of the performance.

Avatar image for aurelio_silvera
Aurelio_Silvera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Lacandon Jungle

[@max_morana@roman_nurdstrum@santana_@wither_]

As he's done many a time before a brutal-battle, Aurelio of Madrid sat atop one of many fallen tree trunks east of the encampment - coarse wet-stone to his hand, gliding against the blade of a much larger weapon, not as much sharpening than polishing it to his own benefit. From pommel, to grip, to blade Aurelio's spear stood at an outstanding fourteen-feet - the perfect tool for distanced combat, whereas his soon-to-be enemies sported an automated arsenal, the Silvera Serpent saw to using stealth and brutal-quickness as his most advantageous asset.

"Whoever decides to die today..."

"Whoever decides to die today, recuerda, que te mueres por un cerebro en un frasco flotante," Aurelio's cold, sarcastic tone carried his words throughout the team's comms channel.

Arising, the Serpent peered throughout a swath of thick down-dropped vines. Before him, but one of four belittling sniper towers stood before the east-watch - concrete walls stretching from left to right side of the tower, luckily for Aurelio it was the only obstacle that he had to pass, whereby the only entrance/exit's rooted in both the South and North sides of the compound, using two towers for checkpoint coverage and the other two for east and west side watch.

Atop the tower, was but one man.

"Que comience el baile," he muttered emerging from the backdrop of vines opposite from where the guard hawked, gliding towards the wall and continuing till he was right underneath the towers jaw. Coupling his strength with the agility of a cat, the Masque of Madrid scaled the outer-side of the tower that just barely edged over the side. One hand positioned atop the concrete barricade of the octagon helmed tower, and the other grasping his exotic-metal-bearing spear.

"May you live a painless death," the guard mere inches away from his exposed fingers, Aurelio seized the initiative of the guards' closed-mind and decided to open it for him, by shoving the tip of his spear through the bottom of his jaw, throughout his skull, and out the top of his head. As quick as the guard fell to the ground, Aurelio, too, found his feet firmly planted on solid ground, right beside a dead guard swimming in a pool of his own blood.

"East-side tower secured, proceeding into the compound the first chance I get."

Avatar image for roman_nurdstrum
Roman_Nurdstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Roman_Nurdstrum

@aurelio_silvera: @max_morana@wither_@santana_

Canvas peered at the heavy artillery in the distance, watching with a transparent cover. One of his comrades moved in dead-silence, taking out the sniper which would’ve proven a problem if he would’ve pierced Roman’s lense. He wasn’t exactly the ninja type, he didn’t like prolonged stealth as it bored the Black Urchin to an unknown extreme, but figured that to each their own.

The Attack helicopter hovered only a few feet over the ground below as it readied itself for any oncoming attacks towards the facility. Along its side was an automatic arsenal that only the USA’s military could rival. A series of missiles and heavy automated weapons lined among the lower extensions of the helicopter. However, they weren’t the ones with a heavy arsenal. He leapt, landing within the edge of the passenger’s seats.

The sound of his metallic armor hitting the metal floor gave away his position, but as soon as they adjusted their position to shoot, they were met with the heat of Earth’s interior as they were vaporized by Canvas’s helm’s blast, the short range preventing the beam from leaving the helicopter Just as the pilot reached for his radio, Roman threw on the soldier’s knifes. Pinning it against the controls. He approached the agonizing pilot, ending his misery with a swift snap of his neck.

He pushed the pilot out of his seat and slowly landed the helicopter to not bring suspicion. After landing the helicopter, he spoke into his coms “So you folks need me to take out the APC or do one of you pansies got it?” Whether or not his teammates answered yes or no he'd still do it. Once again the glossy black of his suit turned transparent as he donned on his invisibility cloak, and made his way to the heavily armored vehicle.

He opened on his missile hatch but instead of firing any of them, he manually removed one of them, and stuck it within the APC’s cannon. However, it didn’t go off, not yet. It only acted as a contingency in the case that it did fire at any of his peers. He didn’t set it off as to make it appear like a malfunction instead of an outright attack, making his presence still unknown.

Santana_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Santana_

@max_morana@wither_: @aurelio_silvera: @roman_nurdstrum:

No Caption Provided

Santana knew these jungles very well, even before the day he donned his mask and mission. Back then he was a freedom fighter, a rebel to many, a voice to others, a nuisance to most. The overreach of American power and expansion of unsanctioned operations in an installation within his home all but another showing of ignorance by those fueled by nothing more than money. It has to stop sometime. It has to stop somewhere. No better place than here. No better place than now.

The voice of one of the selected for the mission broadcasted firmly, relieved that the mission was still on course. Santana waited in the thickened canopy of the jungle's leaves. He had used the land's own mud to bathe himself in a thick coating of camouflage as he continued to wait along the North side of the facility. He waited for the moment to come, where he would strike like the savage many picture him to be when another broadcasted their progress of the mission.

“So you folks need me to take out the APC or do one of you pansies got it?”

It was more of a bombastic tone than the previous companion, but it was progress none the less as Santana continued to wait. It was then Santana noticed an armed foot patrol unit of two eventually make their way onto their eventual death as the presence neared his own. Santana was no stranger to military presence, he was quite versed in their routine and their patterns, and this bunch was of no exception as he descended down upon one that had lagged. He had struck the sentry from above with force that he surely would have remembered, if Santana would have allowed mercy. The two tumbled back into the forest as the solider struggled to get away from Santana's grip. It was a short contest as he had learned to end the fight as quickly as possible. No matter what training the sentry had received it was no match from the sudden spurt of flame and heat he would receive leaving nothing but a burnt corpse in his grasp beneath his scarlet cape.

Santana would not gloat of his achievement as the presence of the corpse and himself quickly vanished back into the forest canopy. There was still one more sentry to deal with, and when he noticed his comrade was not in his vicinity, his own voice of curiosity would turn into his own call for death. He would not see Santana's arrival, just his heated blade rupture through his chest from behind. He had already died once his heated blade hit, but the realization of death did not occur until Santana retracted his blade. The sentry would fall, not knowing his assailant was Santana, as he had already had moved to the North sniper tower.

No Caption Provided

Much like how he had moved through the jungle, Santana would super heat the air underneath his cloak to rise toward the tower. He would allow the tower sniper to peer into his eyes, to let him know that death was upon him, and with a quick slice through his trachea, another barrier had fallen.

Northside tower taken, 'manos. Santana would say aloud as he tended to the corpse. Eventually the facility would pick up on the lost communication from their guards, but hopefully the mission would have been completed by then. Santana knew it was never that easy unless one was a teleporter which Santana was not. Quickly, Por favor! Santana suggested as he descended downward, continuing his extraction option as he continued inside the compound.

Wither_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wither_

@max_morana: @aurelio_silvera: @roman_nurdstrum: @santana_

The job was unlike any other that Wither had previously undertaken. An infiltration mission of a heavily guarded warehouse in the Lacandon Jungle, with multiple armed guards and military vehicles. Furthermore, the client that had hired him was a peculiar one, he was a floating brain without a body. However, Wither wasn't one to question whom or what his clients were. He came for the promise of rewards and profit. But it was with other hired mercenaries that he had to work with, as long as they held up their part of their mission, he supposed he would get by.

Keeping close to the shadowy underbrush, Wither swiftly and silently made his way around the military trucks and the encampment of soldiers. He approached the west side of the compound and took out his ungloved hands. While his compatriots may use weapons and tools at their disposal, Wither was far more accustomed to using his own hands for the job. After all, they were his weapons of choice, efficient and deadly, his ability to kill with a touch was renowned among the criminal underworld. Killing was his talent and he was apt to use it whenever he could.

As a foot patrol of soldiers approached his position, he emerged behind them, gripping their faces as they were silently dispatched and withered away. The soldiers didn't have a chance to scream as their skin turned to dust, revealing their skulls which soon disintegrated into bones and ash. He heard the voices of his fellow mercenaries crackle to life through his earpiece:

Northside tower taken, 'manos.

He supposed it left him to deal with the remaining sniper tower. The west sniper tower soon came into view as he crept along the undergrowth. He approached and shadowed a soldier that was entering it. Slinking up behind him, he stalked the soldier up the tower and as the unsuspecting victim entered, he rose and grasped onto both the soldier and the sniper within the tower. Their faces contorted in pain as they wordlessly crumbled into dust.

No Caption Provided

"West side tower secured."

He quickly muttered into the earpiece and descended from the tower, aiming to head for the compound.

Max_Morana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aurelio_silvera: @roman_nurdstrum: @santana_: @wither_:

The mastermind watched from above as the orders were carried out, observing his worthy investments make quick work of these guards. They didn't stand a chance, it seemed, as each mercenary reported in with confirmed kills by the minute. This wasn't some life or death mission against elite forces, no. This was pest control.

"My word..." Morana spoke in awe, now hovering down towards the base. "It's... It's beautiful."The doctor passively congratulated the men on their handiwork.

The brain was now at ground level, looking to each of the now dark guard posts that would not be providing any resistance this evening. "Very impressive displays, gentlemen. It should be worth noting that the base has just signaled for a yellow alert from radio silence." As Morana updated his crew, the APC slowly started to take aim on the brain, with their hacked communications buzzing about acquiring a target. Surely enough, the sinister doctor didn't even glance at the vehicle as it attempted to open fire, and instantly went up in a massive fireball instead.

"No need for formations at this point, it would seem. The explosion has initiated the red alert. I only hope your stealth capabilities are as competent as your skill in direct combat." Morana approached the main entrance, sealed shut behind a massive hydraulic bay door. Without a moment to waste, metallic tendrils slithered out from Morana's casing, and injected themselves into the terminal beside it.

"One of you is already inside. The rest should find any possible way inside. I've taken the time to upload your map with the quickest route to The Main Stock. Now, only these plebeians stand in your way to your riches." He continued to shake the carrot on the stick, knowing full well that these killers would provide an excellent distraction, while he had more pressing matters to focus on.

The door was hacked in no time, and the entrance betrayed it's own security protocols to allow access to Dr. Morana.

"DID YOU MISS ME!?" Morana screamed, greeting the squad that awaited him on the other side. Not a moment of hesitation, as the men opened fire on the floating monstrosity. "DID YOU MISS YOUR GREATEST MIND!?"

A jade energy field formed up in front of Morana, catching each and every bullet and halting them dead in the air. He continued forward, as they continued firing. "Did you REALLY THINK that I would just FADE AWAY? NEVER TO COME BACK?" Before long, the soldiers could hardly see the doctor through the wall of led, finally ceasing fire.

"ALLOW ME TO DISMISS SUCH STUPID ASSUMPTIONS!" With a sharp whistle of the energy field, the bullets flew back at their originators, shredding the men for an instant death.

As quickly as it began, Dr. Morana shoved himself through the nearest ventilation shaft, now navigating through the facility at a bullet's speed. It wasn't even two minutes before he arrived at...

Dr. Morana's old laboratory...

"INITIATE INTEGRATION PROCESS THETA-FOUR-NIMBUS." The doctor began barking orders from the moment he exited the secret hatch of his own design. "I AM SO CLOSE NOOOOOOW!"

The lab came to life at hearing it's old master's voice, the lights flickering on with questionable frequency from just how long it had been. This didn't hamper on the production chamber's efficiency, though, as a delicate machine claw grabbed Morana's brain casing and put it in place.

"GENTLEMEN!" Morana screamed over the team's communications. "Phase one of our plan is near it's end. HOWEVER, you will be on your own for a few moments while I... Get into something more comfortable... Until then? Destroy every cur you see..."

The brain was already transferred into a slightly larger, more cylindrical casing. It was quickly filled with Morana's reanimating serum, and put into place above The Shell...

The rest was quite simple from there, as the brain was carefully placed inside, and sealed shut within it's Vibranium composite armor. Now, all the good doctor had to do was wait for the integration to complete.

It would only be until then, that he could obtain what he came here for...
It would only be until then, that he could obtain what he came here for...

Avatar image for aurelio_silvera
Aurelio_Silvera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wither_: @max_morana:@roman_nurdstrum@santana_

In the blink of an eye orchestrated chaos aroused, and not one of the opposing could do anything about it. Destroy an empire from the bottom everything above falls with it, and with each support-towers gone everything would soon play to their favors.

The Serpent lept from the stone tower onto the dirt ground without the subtlest of sounds.

Two approached from around a corner. He sneered. Cloaked in one of very few secluded shadows amidst, Aurelio awaited the personnel to come into view, and eventually they did.

Adjacent to the stone-column-corner, he stood silent. The first sentry came into view, the second near left to the first. Till the three were perspectively linear, the Serpent rose his bladed spear - it's gripped-handle mere centimeters from his face. Straight as a needle, he thrusted his spear as a panther pounces on its prey, the blade entering then exiting the first guard's skull, following the blade to enter the second's.

Till he felt the weight of two lifeless corpses on his spear Aurelio slid back his thrusting arm - his right - and sat his spear upwards as the two fell upon the ground making but only a silent thump notion.

Blood stretched from the tip of his spear to the handle, droplets fell likewise.

"Proceeding to the main stock," his Spaniard accent flowed from his mouth to receiver/transmitter.

He walked throughout the camp as it erupted from the inside-out. Guards scrambled from their posts and patrols hurried back to the compound to the sound of ear-ringing explosions and simultaneous combustion, courtesy to Dr. Morana himself.

He held his blade downwards as the opposite side sat adjacent to his shoulder. Few acknowledged his presence, few suffered the consequence. Whereas their ranged arsenal stood prominent to his own, Aurelio tended to his inhuman-reflexes to evade whilst taking advantage to the range-reaching capabilities of a spear.

Bound to his destination, Aurelio left a wake of half a dozen corpses in his wake as he waltzed towards Dr. Morona's speculate Main Stock.

And where an immense potential sat before him, 'twas to be discovered.

And, "mierda, that Morana was not kidding."