The Academy

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By shanana
Preserve Our Future
Preserve Our Future

With all the events transpiring now, what about the future? Who has invested in our youth? We need a force, a force strong enough to deal with the growing problems of today, but smart enough to train someone to train the future replacements. It's imperative that we give this project a go.

The Academy

No Caption Provided

Standing on 48,515 square feet in Farmington Connecticut, The Academy can serve just over 100 students, and staff. It comes equipped with an Olympic size pool, a Private Zoo, A Gymnasium with a full size basketball court, a 10 screen movie theater, and a small hunting/fishing area. The schools serves to equip children of all ages to navigate and neutralize the increasing threats of the time.

• Each room is elaborately decorated and fitted out with en suite bathrooms and double beds in each wing, separate wings house the boys and girls with the ages mixed in together to encourage a community feeling amongst them all.
  • Every meal is taken in the huge dining hall, healthy and well balanced meals encouraged and created by world class chefs, students are welcome to access the kitchen after hours with the permission of floor admins.
  • Professors have a separate wing kept away from the student living area but each professor takes turns monitoring the dormitories at night. Professors have their own classrooms and offices attached, classes are held all over the academy with students being given a roster of classes aimed to help their certain skills. Though all students no matter their abilities work together in their basic classes.

The Battle Focus Training

No Caption Provided

The Battle Focus Training Room, is a comprehensive training room, and weekly requirement for students of all classes. It is a life-like illusion room, that trains the students in situational environments. For example, If the lesson plan for the week was the Spanish Revolution; students would then test out by being placed in a Spanish Revolution battle scenario.

The purpose of BFT is to teach students through real life based training, allowing for adaptive and logical decision making in a real environment.

The BFT can emulate any known crisis in the last 20 years, it's memory code having been written by historians and crafted by telepaths.

The Headmistress

No Caption Provided

Filling in for Ruby Gallagher this time around is STRICOM (STRIKE Command) 2nd in Command, Maya Summers. In her own Universe, Maya started as a member of the Vine Prodiges and eventually became the school's Top Diamond. Maya would eventually go on to lead some of the most prolific organizations of her time, including being elected as the President of the Utopia.

Maya bring her experience as a former student, teacher and leader to aid in the development of the next generation. Maya is not a teacher more of a disiplinary figure at the school. She has absolute override ability in any conflict that may arise.

?The Diamonds?

No Caption Provided

The Academy's "Diamond Class" live on the first floor and are governed by a "Top Diamond" this is a male or female student that has been hand-picked by the Headmistress to speak on behalf of the class. During training missions the Top Diamond is to assume control unless otherwise directed by a member of the faculty. The Top Diamond will take all "House" issues to the headmistress aswell as call floor meetings, and organize activities between the other "houses". They are responsible for looking after the youngest members of the school. The "Houses" all have specific events that they host to compete against the other houses. In Competetion the entire Diamond, Gem, etc will team together to win their event, but also try to win the events of the other houses. The class at the end of the "Year" with the most house trophies get Summer Vacations, Tech/Gear Etc.

(Your character must be Good to be a Diamond.)

House Specific Event: TBD

?The Gems?

No Caption Provided

The Gems occupy the second floor of the Academy and are governed by a "Top Gem" unlike the Top Diamond the Top Gem is voted into position by his or her peers.

The Top Gem can be removed by the Headmistress should the performance be unsatisfactory, but generally the Gems will hold another election to Impeach the Top Gem. The Top Gem has the tough responsibility of choosing BFT Training Modules for the Gems. Like the Top Diamond, The Top Gem is responsible for organizing events with the other houses. (Neuts Only)

House Specific Event: TBD

?The Rubies?

No Caption Provided

On the Third and Final Floor are the Rubies, like the Gems and Diamonds, the Rubies are lead by a "Top Ruby"(Though Internally the Top Ruby will use whatever title they want).

Unlike the Diamonds and The Gems, the Top Ruby Fights for their position at the top within their "House" and can only be removed by another fight. This is honored even by the headmistress. The Diamonds and Gems typically take interest in who the presiding Top Ruby is, because they are sought after to settle the reoccuring disputes between the Gem and the Diamond Houses.

The Rubies are in charge of just about all of the school's amenities (Unofficially of course) and have been seen organizing within the house splitting up shares of confiscated materials. The Top Ruby is supposed to regulate what happens in the house but typically doesn't. The Ruby Class pretty much do what they want. Until the Headmistress is involved.

House Specific Events:

(Here are your Villians, no Chaotic Evil types)

The Faculty

No Caption Provided

The faculty belong to different teams, countries and sometimes different worlds. They are the Earth's Mightiest heroes. They have seen world ending events and have lived to tell about it.

Though they only instruct BFT classes, they have a commanding presence throughout the academy. The teachers may be long term or temporary.

The Legendary Club

No Caption Provided

The Legendary Nightclub is a social club on grounds for all students, though the Rubies have laid claim to it unofficially. It's just a social hangout spot in the basement that all houses can go to. There is a room in the back where the Top students from each house host meetings.

Rules

• Okies, Obviously the new school is broken down by Blues, Reds, and Greys. You must join the group of your current alignment. However you do not have to write within that alignment. (Confusing I know) So, If I join with a Red but am on the fence about whether or not they'll stay red, I can write them as a neutral and gradually have them become neutral. If that makes any sense.
  • Switching Alignments is authorized.
  • I will not allow one specific group to become too stacked, So if there are too many of one alignment I'll stop taking apps for that class until it levels out a bit.
  • The "Top" person of each class will be chosen by the rules specified in the OP
  • The House Specific Event can be chosen by the "Top" person.
  • Faculty members on ground are welcomed, though teachers that just come and go are fine too.
  • There will be NO hosted Rp's initally, everything will be done in the thread. I need to make sure this thing will atleast survive.
  • No Mass Destruction
  • Have Fun.

Academy Application

Title / Code Name:

Hometown:

Hair Color:

Weight:

Eye Color:

Height:

Super Power Origin:

Alignment

Identity (Known or Unknown)

Known Aliases:

Preferred Class: (I.E class 1, 2, 3)

For Faculty, PM @catalina_liafador

Alexander_Apex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is awesome!

LunaHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana:

Visiting with Tyrus for maximum awkward.

Joining with someone.

Avatar image for matthew_cassidy
Matthew_Cassidy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice! I might enroll.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5 Feral Nova  Moderator

DANG IT I NEED A CHARACTER!!!

Avatar image for a-pack-of-bandits
A-Pack-Of-Bandits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By A-Pack-Of-Bandits

Might join with @rye

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not interested in writing a teen but this is interesting and I like it.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a-pack-of-bandits: cool

@feral_nova: yes you do.

@matthew_cassidy:awesome

@lunahawk: cool!

@alexander_apex: thanks!

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A-Pack-Of-Bandits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ooor I can make another aaaalt. Ima make an Alt. Rye doesn't belong here.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

@shanana: I have three in mind... I'll be shooting you an application PM soon lol

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Surkit
shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By shanana
Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ohh its this. Looking good.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana: No problem, hopefully it gets plenty traction as i would read it.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A-Pack-Of-Bandits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana:

- Applicants for Faculty must pm me.

You must turn your PMs on first :D

or it's a CV bug.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a-pack-of-bandits: you have to follow me

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana: I assume were going to need a bio for our character

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Developing a template now

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edited

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By william300

@shanana: All right here it is. Tell me if it needs tweaked for continuity.

Real Name - Aedan Drago

Hero Name - None

Hair Color - Black

Eye Color - Dark Blue (glows when powers are being used)

Height: 6'

Hometown: lived in British countryside outside of London.

Superpower Origin: Mutant (with other artificial abilities)

Identity Status: The majority of the world thinks he's dead so...

Unusual Traits: Scar on left cheek, chest and back largely covered in scars.

History: Aedan's father Jacobi was a renouned geneticist who dedicated his life to curing deseases. Having known that his two children Aedan and Anie are mutants, he's been in talks with a superhuman school preparing for the day when his childrens powers activate. Javobi's main project is a process that allows you to safely transfer a person's genes (and there inherent immunities) from one person to another. Jacobi sees it as a way to cure deseases, the few others who know of it, see it as a way to create super soldiers. He receives STRIKE funding from his contact Tryus who's a high ranking officer. Eventually the new head of Weapon X approaches Jacobi offering him work, while he initially turns them down (for obvious reasons) STRIKE requests he enter the group as there spy. Needles to say things go sideways, Weapon X kills Jacobi and his wife, and kidnaps his mutant children using Jacobi's gene process to experiment on them. Aedan spends the next two years in a hell of experiments and intense military training, as well as having combat skills downloaded into his brain. At 16 he escapes during a STRIKE raid on the facility he's kept. Tryus takes him to the accademy and Aedan begins his journey, searching for revenge, his sister, and ultimately himself.

Powers: Not all of Aedan's abilities are natural, in fact most were artificially given via his father's process.

Natural: Ionic Energy: his body produces ionic energy, which he uses to produce blasts or construct tools or weapons (he normally uses it create a sword), but said constructs can't be large and fade away if dropped.

Telepathy Immunity: Aedan is completely immune to telepathy.

Unnatural: Animal Keen Senses: Night vision, and strong sense of smell. Healing Factor: able to heal very fast (but it doesn't slow his aging), his healing factor can be slowed with electricity.

Skills: Highly skilled in hand to hand combat, a master assassin, as well as being a highly skilled swordsman.

duchess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Why you always doing this shit to me!!! Kween ♡

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@william300: Looks good, I just put up a template though. But you don't need to edit it. What's your preferred class?

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"OOOOUYAA!"

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I NEED IN!!!

But which character is the question

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@duchess said:

Why you always doing this shit to me!!! Kween ♡

VAL I MISSED YOU!!!!!
VAL I MISSED YOU!!!!!

duchess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@shanana: I missed you :( Still have some shit to take care of before the comeback but you'll be the first one I come back to ;)

Can't let these hoes forget whose it is

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@duchess said:

@shanana: I missed you :( Still have some shit to take care of before the comeback but you'll be the first one I come back to ;)

I'll be looking forward too it!!!

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana: Second Class would make sense. But as you can tell from bio my character is kind of damaged, he's not insane, but he has issues.

Team_Sigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunahawk: (Maybe Hope and Dove can join in as second class students? Would make sense if you're interested)

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana: Second Class would make sense. But as you can tell from bio my character is kind of damaged, he's not insane, but he has issues.

Second class it is. If any more people join as Fac, they can evaluate him lol

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@william300: For some reason I can't link your account, but I will at a later time

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana: no problem, it looks like it will take a bit to get enough players in, looking forward to it, should be fun.

LunaHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for kristina_huntington
Kristina_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hometown: Hartford, Conn

Hair Color: Dark Brown

Weight: 130

Eye Color: Hazel

Height: 5'10

Super Power Origin: Unknown

Identity: Known

Known Aliases: None

Preferred Class: 3

Avatar image for valerie_huntington
Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hometown: Hartford, Conn

Hair Color: Dark Brown

Weight: 130

Eye Color: Hazel

Height: 5'10

Super Power Origin: Unknown

Identity: Known

Known Aliases: None

Preferred Class: 3

THE FAMILY

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valerie_huntington: It wasn't until I saw you post as Val, that I remembered I could use Kristina lol

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana: All right here it is. Tell me if it needs tweaked for continuity.

Real Name - Aedan Drago

Hero Name - None

Hair Color - Black

Eye Color - Dark Blue (glows when powers are being used)

Hometown: lived in British countryside outside of London.

Identit Status: The majority of the world thinks he's dead so...

Unusual Traits: Scar on left cheek, chest and back largely covered in scars.

History: Aedan's father Jacobi was a renouned geneticist who dedicated his life to curing deseases. Having known that his two children Aedan and Anie are mutants, he's been in taljs with the Xavier school preparing for the day when his childrens powers activate. Javobi's main project is a process that allows you to safely transfer a person's genes (and there inherent immunities) from one person to another. Jacobi sees it as a way to cure deseases, the few others who know of it, see it as a way to create super soldiers. He receives SHIELD funding from his old friend Steve Rogers who acts as his SHIELD liason. Eventually the new head of Weapon X approaches Jacobi offering hom work, while he initially turns them down (for obvious reasons) SHIELD requests he enter the group as there spy. Needles to say things go sideways, Weapon X kills Jacobi and his wife, and kidnaps his mutant children using Jacobi's gene process to experiment on them. Aedan spends the next two years in a hell of experiments and intense military training, as well as having combat skills downloaded into his brain. At 14 he escapes during a SHIELD raid on the facility he's kept. Steve Rogers takes him to the accademy and Aedan begins his journey, searching for revenge, his sister, and ultimately himself.

Powers: Not all of Aedan's abilities are natural, in fact most were artificially given via his father's process.

Natural: Ionic Energy: his body produces ionic energy, which he uses to produce blasts or construct tools or weapons (he normally uses it create a sword), but said constructs can't be large and fade away if dropped.

Telepathy Immunity: Aedan is completely immune to telepathy.

Unnatural (likely derived from Wolverine's genes): Animal Keen Senses: Night vision, and strong sense of smell. Healing Factor: able to heal very fast (but it doesn't slow his aging), his healing factor can be slowed with electricity.

Skills: Highly skilled in hand to hand combat, a master assassin, as well as being a highly skilled swordsman.

Really interesting character, man! One issue, though, is that you're including Marvel canon in your character's backstory. The CVnU exists separately; we don't allow canon exported from pre-existing licensed universes.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: that completely skipped my mind

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LunaHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@william300:

If you want some Nu stand ins for marvel stuff to make your tweak easier:

STRIKE is similar to SHIELD.

Tyrus could take him to the academy instead of Steve Rogers.

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter: @shanana: ok I tweaked it. I was thinking that maybe Ruby could have been the agent who was friends with Jacobi leading to the events in the bio. Or I could just not name the agent.

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers