Testament Of Will: Lighting's Flash

Ulysses_Baron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Ulysses_Baron

From their very beginning, the multitudes of Pantheons held divine heirlooms that they have blessed to widen the gap of power between the immortal and divine. Hammers that forged planets, necklaces that granted immortality, and even rings produced more rings. They held these and passed them around their kind, occasionally giving one to a mortal hero, only to have it return once the hero died. They refused to share divinity with humans, and act as guides with their power. Instead, they act as rulers, trying to act superior despite being even more flawed than the mortals they watch over.

Ulysses was the first to witness this, as the gods passed around cups of eternal wine and bread while humans starved and struggled to feed their families. As humanity spent weeks traveling to their neighboring kingdoms, their Pantheons traveled the Universe in under a second. It seemed that wartime was the only time that deities would give their divine weaponry to their favored side, adding unnecessary violence that came with it. So he began “withdrawing” mighty artifacts from the gods' vaults without their knowledge (with the exception of Hera and her children, per their agreement) and giving it to humanity.

No Caption Provided

This day, his eyes were set upon an artifact that resided in a Pantheon different from his; the Nordic Pantheon. While listening in secret to the wisdom of Athena, he heard of the existence of other Pantheons. And he learned from the humans, their special artifacts of the Pantheons. One currently interested him, as it can be used to help humanity with their attempts at controlling the uncontrollable. This was the purpose of Járngreipr, the Nordic Thunder God Thor’s iron gloves that assisted in dealing with Mjoinor’s power.

After arriving afar through a hole in space, he watched the City Of Asgard shine with its divine golden light as it disrupted the darkness of the night sky around it. With the Ring of Gyse (one he took under the guise to return it), he remained under a cloak of anonymity to remain under the watchful eye of the Asgardian’s Heimdal. He moved through the skies with his assassin-quise silence, only the ever so slight pressure of his wings beating on the wind around to suggest his existence.

Appearing to Ulysses as not being spotted, he swiftly moved through the crowds as he made his way towards King's door. Guarding it were warriors in radiant gold, making the King appear to Ulysses as flashy and vain. His Will placed them under a temporary sleep, letting them rest peacefully as they stood. Yet, in his current success, he knew it would be foolish to enter the Throne Room where the King would most possibly be. So instead he went along the other end, and with a small movement of his fingers, he opened a small hole in space that was connected to the interior of the Royal Palace.

Entering within, he soon realized he was further from the Treasury than he hoped due to the unreliability of his space warping in close quarters. "Oh Hell"

@august_hearst

August_Hearst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Standing atop his balcony overlooking the entire body of Asgard, relying only upon the momentarily docile ravens Huginn and Muninn to keep him company. His grandfathers' messenger birds had returned from their daily mission of observing and now rested with the Thunder Prince breathing in the clean and chilled air Asgard provided. Upon their return, they had informed August of the presence of an intruder within the city, unseen by Heimdall's eyes from his home Himinbjörg sitting atop the Bifrost.

The Prince could feel the intruder in the air, pushing and moving the air with wings mighty enough to keep him aloft his cloak not effective enough to put him out of the Child of Lightning's radar. "Wait here." His voice soothing to the ravens as he walked back into the palace and shut the balcony door behind him. Striding through the palace walls August's keen eyes he walked with purpose towards the throne room where his father resided sitting on Hlidskjalf watching over Asgard. Opening the door a crack he would look inside getting a glance at his father who was talking to his fair-skinned wife Sif. August's face scrunched in annoyance as he shut the door and stormed away.

No Caption Provided

Turning away from the throne room he marched further away from his father and his wife, As he marched through the palace towards the trophy room he felt a presence a small distance away. "I know you're there." He said to the presence. "It would be wise to reveal yourself."

Ulysses_Baron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@august_hearst

While still under the guise of Gyse, he withdrew the Blacksword gifted to him. And turned to meet the King. But, to his surprise he didn’t meet face-to-face with a King, but the Prince instead. The Prince took a different stance, he lacked the look of combat in his eyes and his stance was quite relaxed. The Winged Gift-giver considered the relaxed stance to be born from confidence in the Prince’s own abilities, but he concluded that the Prince was more rational than the King.

No Caption Provided

The Ring giving him cover vanished and the Blacksword was sent back to it’s realm. Ulysses, now plainly visible, met the Prince’s face with detailed observation, checking to see any micro adjustments to indicate malice or rising hostility. “I’m now present, but I still have something to do.” He once again turned his back towards The Prince Of Thunder, “If you have any questions, you can come along.”

He steadily paced forward towards the Trophy Room, watching the Prince of Thunder for any sudden movements. “Your father, the King. must have very important things to handle if he didn’t greet the intruder himself.” Whether or not the Prince came along, he continued to keep conversation. ”You came on your own accord right?” He gestured to the lack of soldiers around. “Perhaps the Prince is more observant than the King” He entered through the Trophy Room, once again putting the Soldiers within, under a temporary sleep.

August_Hearst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Your explanation better be good winged man."

August's face was as relaxed as ever while his wrist flicked slightly and Dáinsleif shifted form into a runic necklace upon the godlings neck. Drifting into stride next to the greek demigod August kept pace easily as they drew closer to the trophy room, their footsteps clicking softly on the golden floors of the palace. While not showing any outward signs of hostility the Thunder Prince was prepared for any sign of opposition ready for a fight at any moment. It seemed it was the same with his avian companion, his wary eyes repeatedly flickered over to the god and while initially, silent August spoke on it a while after his eyes baring into the intruders with the intensity of the Katyogle. "If I was going to attack you I would have smitten you out of the sky when I first felt your presence. It is not a crime to enter Asgard."

With that August pushed ahead of him walking forward with an air of power regality to him that seemed to set the hallways ablaze, as he walked he kept the demigod within earshot listening to his words carefully.

Your father, the King. must have very important things to handle if he didn’t greet the intruder himself.”

"He is having a meeting with my stepmother, and a situation such as this is beneath his notice, you think too highly of yourself. Be happy you met me instead of my father." August's voice was gruff but cold like the downdraft from before a storm. He kept walking his eyes forward choosing to ignore the second question Ulysses provided seeing how it was somewhat common sense.

"My father is observant enough. As I said before a situation of this caliber would be a waste of the king's time."

As the two walked through the entrance of the Trophy room the Asgardian Prince would walk ahead of the entryway blocking further movement inside. "This is where you explain yourself. Or you will go no further."

Ulysses_Baron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@august_hearst:

They shortly arrived at the destination, and to Ulysses’s welcomed surprise, the Prince followed him in a civilized manner. However, he knew eventually the Prince Of Thunder’s patience would grow thin and eventually he’d want answers. And when they finally reached the Trophy Room, he’d ask for them. Blocking the way to the inside, the Lightning Prince demanded an explanation.

"This is where you explain yourself. Or you will go no further."

Fair enough, you haven’t called your father on me, yet” He reached into his suit’s blazer and pulled out a picture that resembled the Iron Glove of Thor. “A small town in Ohio has recently been a victim to an Earthquake, leaving them to be living in rubble. They lack the funds to rebuild their town through outside construction. And yet your Father is too busy coddling his wife to do something, or send someone to do something” He pinched the bridge of his nose for a second, realizing his rising aggression.

“That’s unfair, it isn’t only your father. Other Pantheons fail to act despite having the power to as well. So, I plan on having them borrow your Father’s iron gloves and teaching them how to use it so they can rebuild their own town.” He placed his hand on the doorway, widening it just enough so he also can fit through. “If the gods wish to remain gods then they should at least answer the calls of their subjects. Besides, your father wouldn’t miss something he has locked away in his attic”

He strolled through the modified doorway and into the labyrinth that was The Trophy Room.

“Although it seems your father has locked many things away in his attic.”
“Although it seems your father has locked many things away in his attic.”

August_Hearst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A small town in Ohio has recently been a victim to an Earthquake, leaving them to be living in rubble. They lack the funds to rebuild their town through outside construction. And yet your Father is too busy coddling his wife to do something, or send someone to do something”

August's brow would knit together as the winged warrior spoke, and while he felt for the people he didn't necessarily agree with Ulysses. "My friend I think you are confused. The king guards the Nine Realms against attack, to make sure that they are not put into peril or destroyed. But he does not rule over them nor is he required to answer their call. The kings' first duty is Asgard above all else, those are the people he answers to, not the people of Earth."

August's demeanor was still calm as he listened to him continue, though he felt he didn't truly understand.

If the gods wish to remain gods then they should at least answer the calls of their subjects. Besides, your father wouldn’t miss something he has locked away in his attic

"Again you misunderstand, humans worshipped the gods of old for very different reasons, they didn't rely on the gods for duties such as this nor is it their role to come to the beck and call of humans. My father is the god of the people, he upholds law and order within the Nine Realms and while this event is unfortunate it is not his duty to fix it, it is mine, as I've said before my father has much more important things to be doing with his time. My father placed the protection of Midgard into my hands."

Walking through the doorway to the trophy room August would navigate the wide space with ease until he set his eyes upon Járngreipr. Reaching into their casing and withdrawing them the Prince of Thunder would attach them to the side of his belt and beckon the Ulysses out of the Trophy Room. "Show me this town in Ohio, I will teach them how to use the gloves, and I will help rebuild their town."

Ulysses_Baron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@august_hearst:

Ulysses stood by while the young prince made his plea. He analyzed each sentence, down to the fabrics of his words to gain a clear understanding. In summary; the Prince’s argument was that the King wasn't assigned to deal with the duties of the Humans, but it was the Prince’s guard. Ulysses could counter argue with the recent increase of attacks on Earth by those from the Nine Realms, but then he’d open the gate to a debate that may have him here longer than he’d like. Instead he returned with an inconceivable shake of his head.

As the Prince of Thunder navigated the seemingly endless corridors, Ulysses followed close behind. His eyes studied every detail as he storied it in his memory, the artifacts that laid out on display. However, in the reflection of one of the displays he saw a lump of metal that shone dully behind him. From what he could make of the description it was called ‘Uru’, he’s heard of it before a metal constructed by the dwarves that served as the King’s weapon, Mjonir. A wash of selfishness came over him, while his usual reasons for theft were justified, some opportunities were too good to pass up.

He made no changes in his stances, his walk remained steady and his eyes followed the Prince’s path. Yet, a singular thought caused an inconceivable change. Will Be Mine Was the mental command, and like the flicker of a switch the lump of Uru has been instantaneously taken to his subspace while in that same instant was switched out with a rock of similar size and proportion.

At last, they arrived at the display that held the King’s Iron Gloves. As he walked over to retrieve it, the Prince withdrew it and attached it to his belt.

"Show me this town in Ohio, I will teach them how to use the gloves, and I will help rebuild their town."

While his face showed compliance, he internally winced at the proposal. It was a sign of the Prince still didn’t entirely trust him, Ulysses didn’t expect him to. But the thought of stealing under the guise of helping others made him feel sick.

“It’ll be over here” A with a little concentration a portal appeared. It wasn’t a rift in space, resulting by cutting corners, instead it was a neat spiral gateway that showed the destroyed town. Ulysses entered first, wanting to prove that it was safe, but always wanting to get out of there as quickly as he could.