Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HumansFirst

Terrace LA

No Caption Provided

Terrace LA's glamorous rooftop setting and French small plates, handcrafted cocktails & grand views of the city have cemented it as one of the go-to dining destinations in Los Angeles. Popular for for dates, pre and post club dining, or a simple night out on the town, Terrace LA's sectioned seating allows for formal or casual get-togethers against a stunning backdrop.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

But the beauty of Terrace LA doesn't end at fantastic sights. Terrace LA has been listed as one of the ten best restaurants in Los Angeles by the LA Times' Jonathan Silver for the past seven years, winning the vaunted title of number one from the years of 2015-2017.

Its unique take on classical French cuisine, along with its manageable, more aesthetically pleasing small plates, have cemented it as a destination for all amateur gourmands in Los Angeles.

No Caption Provided

In addition to the finest in French cuisine, diners can experience the delights of a finely trained expert staff. This includes not only servers and chefs, but highly experienced Master Sommeliers, Q-Grader certified baristas, and highly experienced bartenders, knowledgeable on all manners of drinks and cocktails from around the world.

The restaurant itself is open to all, though tables are often reserved weeks to months in advance. The entire restaurant is also available for private bookings, though the steep price of such an event lends itself to only the most wealthy of participants.

Security is lax, near non-existent on the rooftop restaurant itself, but the lobby elevators and stairs are all patrolled by professional metahuman/mutant security teams, each with their own unique manner of dealing with intruders and potential "dine-and-dashers". Even these staff are expected to comport themselves in a manner befitting an establishment of the Terrace's repute, meaning that at all times they are finely dressed and properly mannered, making them nearly indistinguishable from normal staff.

With all the amenities of the finest restaurants in France, the vibrant, unmatched nightlife of Los Angeles, the vistas of the city in all its glory, and the security and peace of mind that come with high society living, Terrace LA invites you to experience what the high life can be like.

Terrace LA, Los Angeles' first choice in fine dining.

Rules

• Please respect one another
  • No major destruction (but feel free to throw plates of foie gras on the peasants below)
  • Do or do not have fun, but do neither to excess
  • Must be 21 to drink at the bar
  • Please sell the extravagant pricing of menu items (no-selling not allowed, buying welcomed)
Banasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(Totes gonna be my hangout for Banasura)

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3 Feral Nova  Moderator
Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beautiful thread! I definitely have a character that can swing by here ;]

Baddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An excellent spot for business meetings!
An excellent spot for business meetings!

Outcast__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can dig it. Cant afford it, but I can dig it. Need entertainment?
I can dig it. Cant afford it, but I can dig it. Need entertainment?

HumansFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Thanks guys!

As for you, @outcast__, you can drop by as entertainment for the event I've got in the works. I'll give you a heads up ahead of time when it's about to go up.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excellent work. :)

I know exactly who to bring here!

"He'll even help me cook!"

Avatar image for deactivated-6030536d76c91
deactivated-6030536d76c91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice place you got here, it’d be a shame if someone evolved it lol

HumansFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catalina_liafador: You're welcome to take it if you like.

I had a stipulation for the transfer of locations and ideas in my other threads, just forgot to put it in this one.

Avatar image for theodore_crawly
Theodore_Crawly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultra-woman (did you shrink Caitlin to 5'11 from 6'4 or was that on purpose for the profile)

No Caption Provided

He took a deep breathe as his foot stepped upon the rooftop scenery of the Terrace. It was quite a fantastic view, the clouds seemingly within reach from his perspective while the city below all but forgotten down low. He would feel like an angel, the clouds before him his home while hopefully awaiting for an angelic arrival.

He was a man of science. His work completing those who were thought to be too damaged, but even the most devout needed a breather. He just never thought it would make his stomach churn with nervousness as it did now. He had seen the function of the human brain, molded it to do his will, while piecing together shattered lives, but something inside of him made him create that profile. The moment his phone dinged with a possible match, he was entering a realm he had no clue how to navigate.

Greetings, he would say to the hostess, a wide sincere smile apparent from ear to ear. I am Theodore Crawly. There is going to be a rather beautiful woman with red hair and green eyes who I have never met possibly looking for me. Please direct her my way toward the bar. I am going to need some drinks for going through with this.

No Caption Provided

The nervousness had moved from his stomach to his tongue, his words lingering between a chuckle and tears. This Caitlin was quite attractive, her occupation as an actress a rather interesting one, but in all honesty he did not follow her career due to his own. Neurosciences happened to be quite involved, when the opportunity arises it usually led to reading a book on a beach separated from the world itself. He appreciated randomness though his work established control. It was why he did not google her work.

He would grasp a drink from the bar, the cold condensation easily felt through the sweat on his palm. He surveyed the area, the people interacting with each other and wondered if this Caitlin would even show. It was quite a possibility, but figured he would dress for the moment mixing the upscale scene with some blended modern relaxation and just enjoy the evening, either way.

His mouth would taste the sharp alcohol as the flutters still lingered. He really hoped she would show as the evening was all a show from here on out. Though she was quite attractive, it was her wording in her profile that made her seem sincere, worth the risk of putting himself out there in the dating realm.

Avatar image for deactivated-642516d22f522
deactivated-642516d22f522

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theodore_crawly: (OOC Great post! And no, I didn't shrink Caitlin. She lied about her height and weight because she's insecure about how tall she is. Being so tall tends to intimidate a lot of men (not everyone would be, but a surprising number are). I found this out through research about tall women).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theodore_crawly:

No Caption Provided

If Caitlin tried the Selebrity dating app a few months ago, there is no way in a million years anyone would have been interested in a homeless bum. Back then, her reputation was complete trash. The Ultra Amazon is still a bit nervous, though. She hasn't gone on a date in a long time.

Looking in the mirror, Caitlin tilts her head and wonders what else is missing. Right! A necklace! She goes through her jewelry and pulls out one of her favorites and puts it around her neck. Can't forget the perfume! One last check of her hair to make sure it's perfect before she grabs her purse and goes to face her destiny!

Just before Caitlin arrives, she checks something before squirting some mint-flavored breath freshener in her mouth before putting it back in her purse. Making her way inside, she looks for Dr. Crawly. She knows what he looks like thanks to his profile she saw.

A kind homely looking woman walks up to her, asking her name. Caitlin smiles and looks slightly down, "I'm Caitlin Riker." Both women exchange pleasantries before the Hostess informs her she's been instructed to take her to Dr. Crawly and the red-headed bombshell nods, giving a nervous smile.

Upon seeing Theodore, Caitlin suddenly gets cold feet. OMG! What am I doing?! She begins pacing, What if he doesn't like me?! I lied about my height! She yells in her head. Her palms begin sweating, heart rate increases as it hammers inside her chest. If it got any louder, it'd burst out and images of that chest-burster from Aliens come to mind. NOT something Caitlin wants to think about right now!

But the hostess walks up to Dr. Crawly and informs him that Caitlin is here. Her sparkling green eyes go wide. She can teleport away before he sees her. Simple and quick! But it's been years since she's had a date and she wants to see this through even if she's so nervous that she'd wish for the world a villain would attack the place right now so she can fight him! Why is it so much easier to fight bad guys?

But then a startling truth comes to the forefront. This man is putting himself just as much out there as she is. That thought makes Caitlin calm down a little down, making her feel a little better. Taking a deep breath, the tall giant of a woman walks up to him, hips swaying and if he looks then he will see that million-dollar smile, "Is it Mr. or Dr. Crawly? I'm Caitlin, it's nice to meet you."

Caitlin's immediate thoughts are how he is going to react when he looks at her and notices she's not 5'11" but a lofty 6'4"? And that's not even covering her toned build either. She's a cross between an athletic Olympian athlete and someone possessing a toned build.

Theodore_Crawly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Theodore_Crawly

@ultra-woman:

Theodore would stand in amazement, his mouth awkwardly agape unable to formulate a coherent sentence the moment he placed the marvelous beauty before him with her soft voice. He would lock onto her emerald eyes and fall under its influence. The words of Leo Tolstoy's "Anna Karenina" would ring heavily in his mind among her presence:

He stepped down,

Trying not to look long at her,

As if she were the sun,

Yet he saw her,

Like the sun,

Even without looking.

Tolstoy's masterpiece had been labeled, among many, the greatest work of literature ever. The love story of love story. Those words lingered in Theodore's head for many years, not knowing the true essence of his work until Caitlin's beauty blinded him much like the sun. Her pictures did not do her justice, as her magnificence radiated through her smile as it did her eyes.

I...ugh...I uhm...Theodore smiled, knowing he was able to string together words into a sentence, yet unable to do so at the surprise of Cailtin's presence. He would gesture for a moment, inhaling a deep breathe while shutting his eyes hoping she would still be there when they opened. His eyes would open once more, happy that the universe was not playing a cruel trick upon him. Allow me to start over as I attempt to answer your question. Either title is fine, as I am a doctor of the sciences, but you can call me by my given name, Theodore. Theo will also be acceptable, but just this once, he said with a smile. He would gesture a place beside her overlooking the the city. It was quite a view but it had become much better upon her arrival. I must say it is a pleasure to finally meet you, Caitlin.

Would you care for a drink? He asked, not wanting to be rude as he held his own in his hand. If she agreed he would have ordered, if not he would fight through the jitters. I am quite nervous, as I have never done anything remotely close to this. He said through a soft laugh. It was the truth as his smile would play off the emotions of her face, some slight tension revealing she was feeling the same too, hoping it was the circumstances of their meeting and not him himself. So if I say or do anything stupid today please ignore it to first time jitters.

Hey...He would say, leaning upon the bannister looking at Caitlin. By chance do you have any interest in neurosciences? If so, you may have noticed me as Mr Mrach in our yearly calendar. Its a hot item amongst people in M.I.T and Berkley I hear. It was a bad joke, he knew it, but it was his attempt to add some levity into the situation. He figured it was better than talking about synapses and drain matter.

You must be quite popular, he said aloud, scratching a brow noticing for the first time everyone not named Caitlin. He would hint toward the people not in their area with a slight head gesture, not wanting to acknowledge their now peering eyes. Numerous people have taken photos of you since your arrival while a few others are wondering who I am to be to be in your presence. You must be quite the actress.

I have to be quite honest I have not seen any of your work. He said smiling while being photographed next to Caitlin. It was an unexpected development, but did not rise to being a deterrence to their evening. My own career tends to isolate me from the world with me reading plenty of books in my off time. I googled Ultra Woman and the Sequel, though, but I did not see any movie reviews under that listing. I guess the good thing is that it will give us lots to talk about. Is it a TV series?

No Caption Provided

To be honest, I noticed you like to read and shop and I said this is the woman I have to meet, He would chuckle softly while sipping his drink once more. I would have offered a night on the strip but I doubt you could keep up with me. Especially if we pass a shoe store.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theodore_crawly:

Okay, good. Deep breath, He hasn't said anything about my height. Caitlin thinks. So now that the moment of tension has passed and those slender, but strong, shoulders begin to relax a bit more, Caitlin begins to see what is happening before her. Dr. Crawly seems enamored with the Hollywood movie star. And if Caitlin only knew what he was thinking, she would blush a deep crimson red.

Caitlin watches Theo smile and fumble over his own words. It's beyond cute, but she doesn't say that because it might embarrass him. She just stands there, smiling wider and waiting like a saint for him to collect himself long enough to say something else.

In the meantime, as Caitlin waits, she takes him in with her eyes. A handsome man that seems to be carved out of stone then chiseled into perfection by a master artist. But it's his eyes that are like the endless waves of an ocean that draw her in. One can get lost in them. This reverie is broken once Dr. Crawly speaks again.

No Caption Provided

The Ultra Amazon smiles when he finally answers her question and she sits beside him when he gestures to it. The city is spread out before them and it's a breathtaking view. A brief glance confirms it, but the primary target of supreme interest is the good Doctor beside her. "The pleasure is mine, Theodore." She says with a silky voice. "And yes, I'd love a drink." She can never say no to a good drink for that is her personal vice.

Dr. Crawly scores points for his honesty. But unlike him, this isn't her first rodeo. She's gone on several dates in the past, most of which crashed and burned. Half of them never even finishing with the first date believe it or not. "Same here." She says in response to his statement about saying or doing something stupid. She'd like the same courtesy extended to her as well, hence why she said 'same here'.

Then Dr. Crawly attempts something humorous even as the conversation shifts to a question. She smiles, a little, "Heh!" escaping from her lips, indicating she thinks the joke wasn't a bad one. As she does this, her shoulders come up before she then starts playing with her fiery red hair with her index finger, twirling it around it again and again as she listens to him.

Then the conversation shifts again as Dr. Crawly points out her popularity and Caitlin glances over her shoulder to notice all the captivating stares coming their way. She nods in answer to his question, tucking a strand of hair behind one ear, "One of the drawbacks of being a celebrity, my fame follows me everywhere." It's a point of contention that Caitlin has had to deal with ever since becoming a star in Hollywood. Weather good or bad, she's in the papers and on the news. It's hard to get a moment of privacy, but Selebrity has given her that in a sense. There are times she embraces her fame, but sometimes a girl needs to have some alone time.

More points for honesty but Caitlin is shocked Dr. Crawly hasn't seen anything she's starred in. But then he mentions books and that strikes a chord within her because she loves a good book to read! She's about to say something when he keeps talking, so she listens before putting her hand over her mouth to stifle a giggle that seems to drip with honey. Girls and shoes do not mix well because they MUST have a pair for every occasion. Caitlin is no different for she loves to shop for shoes!

To be honest with herself, Caitlin is actually glad Dr. Crawly hasn't seen anything she's been in. It means he will treat her as a person and not the movie star that she is. While he knows she is famous, it's not something he is personally familiar with to the point he has stars in his eyes or almost worships the ground she walks on. The red-haired bombshell is flesh and blood, same as everyone else. "Well, no, Ultra-Woman and the Sequel are not a TV series. But I did appear as Ultra-Woman in one episode of Smallville as a villain."

Her drink arrives and Caitlin takes a sip of it, looking at him. Those emerald green eyes seem to sparkle with the light of life. "And to answer your earlier question, I've read one book about neuroscience. Mostly because I think most people who have powers control them with their brain. But how is the real question? Science has come up with some pretty interesting theories, but no solid facts."

Theodore_Crawly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultra-woman:

Theories and Facts!
Theories and Facts!

By chance, was the book you read written by me? A childish grin would appear, as he drew in closer toward Caitlin. He was enticed now more by the words she spoke rather than her obvious beauty. He could feel her mind churn with thought, fascinated by the intellectual dialogue she had now opened. I tend to look at science as the journey rather than the destination itself, especially when it comes to the matter of the brain. He would begin to ramble, unaware of his tendency to do so, probably even doing so with Caitlin. It was never to show his intellectual superiority, but an outward showing of something he deeply care about - science.

Theories and facts is what people in my profession adore. Some people prefer long drives by themselves being lost in their music. Some people prefer the feeling of the ocean sweep back and forth between their toes. Some even would prefer to be in the company of an obvious remarkable woman, he thought as he glanced at Caitlin making him stop his ranting for a moment. It is a Belief that something is out there and only needs to be discovered. It is the Hope that you will be the ones that discovers such an idea. Theories are more than just an idea about something, it is the very soul of that person's inner being. My work is the same way, pouring everything I have into something that may help the world. I help people with traumatic brain injuries and yet I move forward because I know I must. I counsel people with ailments of the mind, because I must.

His passion for the subject was obvious, his heart pounding with innocence. There would be a slight pause as his attention centered back into the world which included Caitlin. People that have powers are a fabulous example of the same thing. I assume the good ones Believe that the world needs heroes. They Hope they can make a change in the world, and it is that mind which they use to deliver such marvels to the world. Oblivious to who the woman which sat before him actually was, he continued. I have never actually met a super hero. By sheer math, not many of us will. I attended school at Metro City and I am fascinated by the adventures of Superion and Paragon. If I were to be able to have a discussion with them, or any hero for that matter, I am definite that night would last forever. I believe it would be a remarkable night. I dont know what would happen and I hope I would be offered the opportunity for a question or two.

His starry eyes would soften once more at Caitlin, as he slightly smiled figured he had embarrassed himself. I was rambling, wasn't I? I apologize. He uttered, his next sip of his drink a big one. He had figured he probably had spoiled the evening with Caitlin. He was a babbling fool of science and she was a remarkable woman. Accomplished in her career, beautiful with no equal, and a curious mind. He looked at his watch, wondering if he could savage the evening he probably destroyed. Are you still hungry?

Theodore_Crawly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultra-woman: When I write Theodore does not know your work. He really does not know who you are. He could sit next to Jay Z and have a conversation and have no idea who the person is even after they exchange lyrics back and forth. He admires the work of a person and missing who they actually are

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theodore_crawly: And I think that is really cool too! Too often movie stars are treated as if they can walk on water or that a fan wants to wear what they wear, do what they do, etc, among many other things. Without the knowledge of any of Caitlin's movie/film career or even that she's an actual super-hero, it leaves a sort of clean slate. A place that Caitlin gets to be treated as if she were a genuine person. And that, in turn, opens the door for so many other cool things. But I have rambled enough. *LOL* I just think it's really awesome. Means they can watch her movies together if Theodore wants to. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theodore_crawly:

No Caption Provided

In all honesty, Caitlin had stated she had read a book on neuroscience on impulse even if it was the truth. She wasn't even thinking about the author of said book. But now that she thinks back, using her great memory to focus on what the author's name was, it's revealed to be none other than Dr. Theodore Crawly. Small world!

All of this taking mere milliseconds, an action that most people are more than capable of doing themselves. Caitlin smiles back to answer his question, giving him a sidelong glance, "As a matter of fact, yes it was." Back when she first finished the book, she remembers she had wanted to meet the author but never made the time. Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of humor. They still ended up meeting anyway. Strange how things tend to work out.

As Caitlin listens to Theo's adorable ramblings, she can tell he's very passionate about the subject matter. This is good because a person without passion is like a dry desert. The way Dr. Crawly speaks, the redhead can tell the man loves his job. The last line he says about counseling people with ailments of the mind is a pretty big clue on what Theodore does for a living.

He's a therapist.

The thought rings in her head like a doorbell. If Samson set him upon her, she's going to kill him! But then immediately retracts the thought because this is a date not an appointment. If Samson had set her up with Dr. Crawly, she'd be in his office laying on a couch as she talks about her problems and not here on a date. So...deep breaths, this isn't what she thinks it is! It's just a date.

The fact Theodore has never actually met a Super-Hero is astounding. But that is part of his draw. He's just a normal guy and very likely with no powers of his own. He is ignorant of who she is, not even aware she is a super-hero herself. She begins to wonder what would happen if she tells him about herself. Sooner or later, he will find out she has powers.

Caitlin decides to tell him. Mostly because she's never been shy about hiding who she really is. Unlike a lot of heroes who have a secret identity, she does not have one. Caitlin beams as he asks if she's still hungry. After she takes a sip of her drink, she nods as she tucks some red hair behind one ear, "No need to apologize. Your ramblings tell me how passionate you are." She dares to reach over and give the back of his hand a light tap. If he wants to, he can grab hers if he wishes. If by the off chance he does, he may notice her grip is rather fishy and weak. There's a reason for that. A very good reason.

So a waitress, as if she was listening in, comes over and Caitlin giggles because she had seen the woman in the corner of her eye. The red bombshell orders baked potato soup with a salad on the side along with an additional drink. The waitress smiles and then asks for Caitlin's autograph with a pleading look on her face, "Would it be too much trouble to have your autograph, please? It's for my sister, she'd really appreciate it! She's seen every movie you've been in and is a huge fan! It would mean so much to her!"

Caitlin laughs, nodding, "Yeah, I can do that. How do you want me to sign it?"

The waitress bends her knees, touching her hands together in excitement, "Oh thank you so much! Oh! And sign it as 'From Caitlin Riker to Jenny Sterling. You will always be my Ultra fan."

With a soft giggle, Caitlin grabs the photo and signs the back as directed before giving back the pen and photo. The waitress thanks her again before finally turning to Theodore, apologizing for that and taking his order. If he orders, she writes it down and takes her leave.

Caitlin smiles at Theo, now taking the time to reveal a part of herself that he should know. "You should know something about me before this continues. I have powers myself and am a Super-Hero. On the news and in the papers, I'm known by two names. Ultra-Woman and the Sequel. I mostly operate here in L.A. but I've traveled elsewhere many times." Her facial expression invites him to ask as many questions as he wants to. In fact, she welcomes it.

Theodore_Crawly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultra-woman: I figured shorter responses so I wont lead such a critical moment

I always find passion to be a good thing. He said with a light chuckle as the emotion itself seemed to take physical form as Caitlin's hand touched his. He would be flustered, her beauty an amazing creation as his eyes locking on hers forcing his heart to skip a beat. He would give the world to have the bravery to reach over and kiss such woman, realizing it to be a fantast to restraint and circumstances. Maybe he was confusing the gesture, maybe he wasnt. For the first time in his life, his thoughts would confuse him as much as his patients. He would reveal a joyful smile, rotating his thumb on top of hers. If he could have etched this moment in his memory death could have struck him there and he would be a happy man.

Reality would intervene as the waitress made her presence known. A smile and an autograph showing Caitlin's humbleness. Another feature that made her so adorable. It was then those feared words escaped Caitlin's mouth.

"You should know something about me before this continues"

No Caption Provided

She has to be married he thought to himself. Maybe in a complicated relationship with some reach blue skinned vampire. Oh man, what is it, he pondered as she then revealed her identity as a hero.

He would show a humored smiled. You are trying to punk me, huh? He said to her as he looked around looking for cameras, but he could gather from her facial expressions she was serious. You are not kidding, are you?

His smile would grow bigger at her revelation. He had just expressed for an opportunity to meet such an accomplished person and it happened to be before him. So many questions, so little time in the grand span of life, but the evening was still young. I have to admit Caitlin that you are possibly the most amazing woman I have ever met. I have many questions, but the one that first comes to mind is how such a lovely lady like yourself happened across a dating site? Her revelation was quite a surprise, but much like everyone he had met, he wanted to know more about Caitlin as Ultra Woman. The dynamics of her life and how she balanced it, not how much she could lift or fast she could fly. She was an extraordinary woman who happened to extraordinary things. Is being a hero that time consuming? He would gesture a finger for a moment of time. Before you answer such a personal question, how about we go get our table. Its a lot more private down there and as a man of my word I offered you dinner. I appreciate your honesty and I think it deserves something more quieter. He would arise, waiting for her to rise as he continued to hold her hand. This evening is absolutely fabulous.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theodore_crawly: (Sounds good. ^_^)

Some people just have it, others don't. Too many times in the past Caitlin can be sitting down and waiting for her date. He approaches and she stands up to her full height, causing the young man to stop. Suddenly, he gets nervous, glancing around and then makes some lame excuse he has somewhere else to go because he finds dating a giant of a woman like her is too intimidating.

But not Dr. Crawly. Ever since Caitlin arrived, he has treated her with nothing but pure kindness and understanding. Sparks have been flying ever since and it's so unbelievably refreshing to find a man who is interested in her. Theodore isn't intimidated at all and looks at her in ways she finds both humbling and welcome. She can't get enough of it. Caitlin has a great memory so she does itch this into her brain for all of time.

The feeling of Theodore's thumb rubbing Caitlin's clear skin sends pleasurable shivers up and down her arm. But the feeling is short-lasting as she reveals she's a hero followed by his initial doubt of that brand new information. She simple gives a shake of her head when he asks her that she is not kidding. No, she's absolutely serious. Caitlin knows Theodore must have a million questions but answering just one will suffice for now.

I have to admit Caitlin that you are possibly the most amazing woman I have ever met. I have many questions, but the one that first comes to mind is how such a lovely lady like yourself happened across a dating site?

Being thought of as the most incredible woman he's met makes Caitlin blush a little. But then he asks that question and all the trouble she has had with previous dates comes bubbling back to the surface like some unwanted trash. Her facial expression matches it even if she tries hiding it. She takes a deep breath, letting it out slowly through her nose before she answers, "Believe it or not, I've gone on a lot of dates. Most of which end with the guy being uncomfortable with how tall I am."

Then Caitlin smiles at him, "But not you. You didn't even bat an eyelash when you first saw me. You saw past it." And it's clear on her face that she appreciates that. So much so that she wants to hug him and never let go.

Another question is asked. Caitlin inhales to answer, opening her mouth but before she can she is silenced when he gestures with a finger in order to give him a moment. She gives it to him since she is curious about what he will say next. His request makes sense and she agrees.

Caitlin rises shortly after he does. When he remarks about how lovely the evening is, she voices her agreement as they walk, "I agree. Your a pleasant man to be around." As they walk, she ignores the stares and the photos being taken.

No Caption Provided

When at last they are seated one floor down and with a lot fewer people, Caitlin now takes the time to answer his question. "It can be if I let it. At first, it was very hard because I struggled to find time for anything. But I learned that law enforcement, other heroes and vigilante's are more than capable of handling a problem and I don't necessarily have to try and be everywhere all at once. Once I nailed that down, it became much easier to manage my time."

The atmosphere of the place is rather romantic and the lighting is not too bright and not too dim. Plenty of red and light pink colors. The menu is filled with the finest French cuisine and the prices are extraordinarily high. This place caters to the rich and Caitlin is used to such things.

Theodore_Crawly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Theodore_Crawly

@ultra-woman:

The change in setting did nothing to Caitlin, who was still radiant as ever. Her smile, her humbleness, the way she moved. It was just something about her that made Theodore enjoy her company. She would speak words in a lovely tone that comforted his heart. She answered his question, proving that Caitlin was Ultra Woman, and as such Ultra Woman was Caitlin. The two identities were one, so wherever Caitlin went, the media would follow. There was no suit of armor. There was no transformation. She did not even wear a mask, a fact he and many others were grateful.

He smiled at her, grateful that she had learned to manage a lifestyle that would overwhelm many, himself included. Such an amazing woman sat before him and he appreciated every moment of it, the appearance of the waiter the only thing that interrupted Theodore basking in her glow.

Monsieur Crawly, he said with a smile. Votre Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Montrachet.

Merci, exclaimed Theodore in French, his hands clasping together like a child on Christmas morning. His smile would be of pure joy, grateful the wine he had reserved had arrived as did the small appetizers he had selected. Je suis si reconnaissante que vous iez pu tout jeter ensemble. L’odeur est incroyable car je suis sûr que c’est le goût.

Votre français est très bonne, He would compliment with a smile. Le plaisir est pour moi. Prenez votre temps et regardez le menu. Tout va bien. Je le sais parce que je le fais. The waiter laughed with Theodore with him as he passed them both menus. Bien que je puisse voir que ton goût éclipse le mien avec une si belle dame avec toi. Je peux voir le regard dans tes yeux quand tu la regardes. C’est l’amour. Je sais.

The waiter would walk away with a playful pat on Theodore's shoulder, who had an embarrassed look upon his face, hoping Caitlin did not speak French. He said my French was quite good, among other things, he said with an embarrassed laugh. He would look at the menu, his face turning slightly red as he turned to the actual entrees. I hope you dont mind me ordering some samplers ahead of time. You can try them as you please. I just didnt want you to go hungry as we looked at the menu. We have some salmon rillettes, he would point to another, these are called gougeres and these are artichokes à la barigoule. At least that is what they told me they were.

He would look at Caitlin once more, his embarrassment all but gone unless she mentioned she too was well versed in romance languages. So in your profile you say you like to stare at the fire place and dance. I would love to stare too while you danced. His eyes would open wide still effected by the waiters words, I mean, stare at the fire while dancing as well. His hand would aide his neck for more room from his collar, Is it a little warm in here, or is it just me?

He took a deep breathe, placing the menu down on the table. I am going to be a little forward as I suffer a minor stroke from what our waiter said. I find you to be an amazing person, Caitlin Riker. There is something about you and it isnt your powers or your height. Its something that soothes my soul. You have even read a book I have written, though that doesn't make you an amazing person on that fact alone, but it helps. He would laugh aloud at the suggestion.

I had planned to attend the dance floor and be quite embarrassed by someone who practices as much as you do in front of the fire while Im still doing the running-man and the robot, but I realized that probably wouldn't satisfy me as much as I would have liked. He would laugh at the thought of his out-dated moves. I mean dancing with you would be a joy as I learned what songs you like and hope none of it is techno.

His next words would be hard to get out, almost choking from them out of fear of what she might say or think, but better to try and fail then not try at all. If it wouldn't be too much to ask, after we eat could we sneak out, find a spot along the boardwalk where only we will know and just sit, relax, and talk as we get to know each other. I want to get to hear all about you from your perspective and not be rushed by time. I want to know what songs you like. Which lyric moves you and why. I want to know what makes you laugh. I want to know you, as Ultra Woman and Caitlin Riker. We would eventually have to call it a night, but I hope I could start the next day like this evening with each of us knowing each other better, not as two strangers. It would also give me time to find a dance floor that has tiki torches as I practice some dance moves. Im just letting you know when Lady Gaga plays your finished.

Would that interest you?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theodore_crawly:

Dr. Crawly is an exotic man who brings to shame a lot of other men. Handsome seems like such a poor word but it's the only one Caitlin can think of to describe him. From the depth of his blue eyes to the sweet as music sound of his voice, he draws her in like a light hypnotizing a fly. Only his light is not harmful but warm and gentle as they continue to hold hands. The way Theodore's eyes sparkle when passionately speaking about what interests him or just enjoying her own presence, Caitlin notices he's spilling his heart out for her in little sweet droplets. Not too much all at once but not too little either. She basks in it, milking it all in.

The French is completely lost on her because she doesn't speak it so it's all Greek to her. But whatever is said seems to have made Mr. Cute blush a bit so it must have been something good. But good ol' Caitlin chooses not to embarrass her date further by asking about it. At the offer of entrees, she waves a hand, "I don't mind at all, I'll be glad to sample you anytime." Her turn to be embarrassed as she realizes what she just said. Her eyes go wide as a dinner plate as she briefly cups her hand over her mouth, "I mean, I...uh..." She begins, fumbling over her own words, "What I-I meant to s-say was that I'll be glad to sample the food with you. Not sample you, sample the...heh...food with...ha...you..." She says, trying not to laugh but she just can't hold it in as she has to laugh at her own silliness. She hopes he laughs too. Cupping her mouth again, doing her best to stifle her laughter, she utters a quick, "I'm sorry!"

After composing herself, Caitlin clears her throat before saying, "Oh, I love artichokes, let's try that one! Don't ask me to pronounce what it's called, I'll butcher the word." She giggles again, moving her mouth to the side briefly as she glances over the menu but looks up again when he speaks again.

Now it's his turn to say something embarrassing and she thinks it's too adorable for words the way he asks about the temperature in the room. But the thought of him staring at her as she dances makes her duck her head a bit to feel that heat reaching her cheeks. Biting her lower lip, she glances up at him in the hopes of alleviating his embarrassing moment. But before she can get the first word out Dr. Crawly beats her to it.

When Dr. Crawly laughs, Caitlin laughs along with him as she listens to him talk like honey dripping from his lips. She loves to drink up all that honesty. Too bad the world doesn't have more men like him. All of this is obviously leading somewhere other than expressing the desire to dance with her so she patiently listens to him like a saint with her elbows on the table, hands folded and her chin resting on her fingers. That sparkle in her eye is telling. She is drawn into his words and is listening to every single one of them.

If Caitlin did not possess the powers that she does, she'd have said no to the proposal. He's a stranger, she doesn't know him. That's just asking for trouble and taking a huge risk on a man she doesn't even know. But, she is glad to say she has powers and, so far as she knows, he doesn't. So the risk is actually Dr. Crawly's own because whether he knows it or not, he wants to spend some time alone with a woman he doesn't even know. A woman that, for all he knows, is capable of anything. And that right there is part of Theodore's draw. The good doctor wants to spend time with Caitlin in order to get to know her. It's because of that fact, it touches her heart because it's such a rare thing for any man to want to spend time alone enjoying her company. Most men just want to get in her pants provided they make it past how intimidating her height is to them. But not Dr. Crawly. He's been doing nothing but treating the redhead as a truly genuine person.

At the proposal, Caitlin swallows the lump that had formed in her throat as she nods, "That sounds like a lovely evening to have and I think that interests me very much. Consider that a plan, Theodore." She says with a dazzling smile.

Theodore_Crawly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Theodore_Crawly

@ultra-woman: I know a lot has happened in WoW. Fill in and we can skip post WoW if you want

He tried to hold it back, but a childish grin would reveal itself ever so slightly as Theodore leaned back into his chair. Her answer built up an anticipation much like a child on Christmas morning. He didnt know what abilities Caitlin possessed, but it didnt take super-hearing to feel how hard, and fast his heart was beating as the evening began to unfold. He would enjoy every moment of it, loving her mannerisms and exchanging different stories of their life and professions. Dinner would come and go, Theodore was still lost in her charm as the kind smile of the hostess revealed that they had spent the evening too long as it was due to close.

I guess we got carried away, he said with a soft laugh almost as if he wished it had not ended. He unseated himself and walked over to aide Caitlin if she needed help from the table. It was more of a courtesy of the moment, but something he was happy to offer. He would press close to Caitlin losing his train of thought being so close to her and finally utter where he would like to meet her as if they had discussed before. If you are still feeling up to it, I have privileges at the California Science Center next to the University. I sometimes go to the roof by myself and look at the sky and think. Its a lovely place for such a lovely woman. I can also give a tour if you have never seen the space shuttle up close. The decision is yours. He would wait for her reply, hanging on it as if nothing else mattered. He hoped she would follow, but that was not his decision to make. Life was a complicated game, Theodore witnessing a whole entire level when it came to Caitlin and her position as Ultra Woman and Selebrity. She had many admirers due to her career. Leaving a dinner with anyone would attract paparazzi. If she followed, he would have to listen to her advice whether to split in the rides they came and meet at the Science Center or just go together. He would understand either way, thankful for the moment, hoping it would continue.

Abigail_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theodore_crawly: (ParagonxXx here. WoW, you mean Our World's at War? I always assumed the date took place after it. ^_^)

Theodore_Crawly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theodore_crawly:

Previously in the Adventures of Ultra-Woman...

(OOC: You asked for a fill-in so here it is. You can skip this if you don't want to read it. That's also why it's entirely in spoiler bocks in case you want to dive into the rest of my post. ^_^)

New York City had been the setting for a knockdown, drag-it out match between Selebrity and Ziccarra. The Imperium were also used for the attack but were soundly defeated. While much of New York's resident heroes failed the city, Selebrity did not.

New York suffered and burned. Every block was on fire and some of it's key skyscrapers were laid to waste. Caitlin was on the scene with a camera crew as the Sequal saving as many lives as possible while the main action took place between Trinity Blue, Samson Starr and Ziccarra. The Green Goliath known as Apex saw action too but he hadn't appeared on camera and was gone as quickly as he had arrived.

New arrivals eventually appeared as Catalina Liefador fought her lover Feral Nova. Even the villainous Zeon appeared to hound the Modern Day Athena.

It was touch and go for a while but Trinity eventually beat her opponent even as Caitlin helped save the world. A yellow battery was polluting the Earth with fear. In a moment of self-sacrifice, Ultra-Woman absorbed the massive amount of energy before releasing it into space. Although she was rescued by Luke Jackson, something had come back with Caitlin. Something dark and terrible. But at least New York had been saved, allowing Selebrity to turn that into one stellar narrative.

Time flies when fun is in the mix and when Caitlin realizes that it's now closing time, she is shocked, "Oh my goodness! I guess we did!" She says in response, disbelieving the time. But there it is on her data sleeve that she wears on her left forearm.

No Caption Provided

Caitlin gratefully accepts his help to get up, but mostly to allow him to be such a kind gentleman. She loves how she gets to be spoiled by him because it's so incredibly rare that someone bothers doing that. It's a nice feeling to have and she already finds it addicting.

A slow smile spreads over those luscious lips, looking down into his eyes, "I'd love that." But she does, in fact, offer to spit up in separate rides. People are talking already so she figures it'll be less stress on them both if they didn't ride together. At least for now.

So as they go their separate ways, her eyes momentarily glow wild with yellow energy before returning to their normal shade of green. Unknown to her, those remaining in the Terrace begin to panic for unexplainable reasons as their worst fears are realized. Long after the two lovebirds leave, the sounds of screaming can be heard inside the restaurant. Then...silence.

Several minutes later, Caitlin's limo arrives at the California Science Center. She's betting it's closed, but her instincts tell her Dr. Crawly might have the key. So she waits for him to arrive and keep his word about a tour. She's never seen a space shuttle up close and has always meant to come here but never made the time.

Theodore_Crawly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultra-woman: sorry for being late on this. Added some twist as did you

Theodore couldn't be no happier then how things were playing out. He took a chance on something that was rather unknown. She could have said no, and he would have understood if she did, but he couldn't just let life pass and not even try.

The beat of the music playing on the radio seemed more lively than before, though he had heard the song for years. The light were even more vibrant on his course to the Science Center. The sheer excitement just building as he found himself pulling into the parking lot of the Center.

No Caption Provided

There was a certain skip to his step as he made his way to the entrance, scanning his swipe card to enter after hours. A musical tune whistled loudly signaling his arrival.

Doctor Crawly? a voice asked aloud. Is that you?

Dr Crawly merely smiled and walked up to the guard. That it is, Steven. I hope we are doing well today. He had not known Steven for long, but he had made it an effort to talk to all the workers at the Science Center. He viewed them as the guardsmen of the watchtower of the unknown and thus would get to learn about them. What they like. How they lived. What was important to them. Appreciation was on the decline and Dr Crawly wanted to make sure it was not because of him.

That I am Doctor Crawly. He said. The Dodgers got hit pretty hard today.

Dr Crawly would laugh, That is why I always tell you to watch the Giants, my friend.

Steven would laugh at the intent, both knowing a Dodger fan would never root for a Giant fan, and vice versa. You seem more happy than usual, Dr Crawly. I know you like your work but you seem more alive than usual.

They would walk together along the hallway as he awaited for Caitlin to arrive, his eyes glancing periodically to the windows which faced the entrance. I could not be more happier. Im actually going to show someone the facility.

No problem, Doc. He said with a curious tone. You know we need a name though for security purposes though.

Of course. His smile would widen more at the thought of her name. Her name is Caitlin Riker.

Steven's eyes opened wide at the mention of her name. Cailtin Riker? You mean Ultra Woman and the actress. Is she here for a photo op? Should I call Dr Stevenson?

Why would you not call Dr Stevenson, a voice said from afar. The sound of her eyes echoed heavily along the floors of the facility until the mentioned Dr Amanda Stevenson would stand before Theodore and Steven. Doctor Stevenson was not only on an intellectual rival to Crawly, but she had a unique beauty and admired in her field. Did I hear my name being called?

Alison Brie
Alison Brie

Amanda, Crawly said with a nod. How are we doing this evening?

Amanda would slyly smile, her competitive nature but quiet admiration for Doctor Crawly shown on full display. I am doing fine as always. I didnt expect to see you this evening. So why was my name mentioned and your appearance here so unexpected?

Caitlin Riker is coming to the facility, Steven said aloud, he too looking for her arrival.

The actress? Amanda would look confused. I didnt get any memo of any publicity event this evening.

There is no publicity event this evening, Amanda. His face would become awkward, as he didnt want to tell about the evening with anyone, but apparently he had to for the evening to continue. She is my date for the evening.

There would be a kind laugh from Amada at the thought. She thought Crawly was joking as he so often did, but the look on his face would show he was serious. She had known Crawly since she arrived at the facility, and even shared a childish crush on the doctor but never told him. And now he was saying that he was on a date with one of the beautiful women in the world. You're serious?

Crawly would smirk, Have I ever lied?

There was a strange silence, almost a smack to the face of Amanda as she always assumed Doctor Crawly would come around and notice her subtle advancements but no, another woman has seemed to have taken that spot she had always deemed hers. That is very nice. Caitlin Riker, huh? Her saying the name of another woman made her cringe inwardly. I hope we get to meet her. Though she did not really want to meet such a woman.

I hope so too, Amanda. Crawly's face would go blank as he noticed he had forgotten something in his car. I have forgotten something in my car. If Caitlin comes, just tell her to wait until I return.

No Caption Provided

Crawly would jog outside to the parking lot. The hall in which they were speaking just a small walk to his car, but it was time he did not want Caitlin to waste. His smile still showed brightly, the sound of his car unlocking beeping loudly.

Hey my, man! An unexpected voice said. Crawly would turn toward the voice to feel something hard smack him on the head. He could feel foreign hands pat him down and then hear his car turn on while the smell of peeling tires running away.

He could feel the blood rush to his head, the pressure causing stress. He was alive, and more embarrassed than anything. He would reach and feel his blood upon his hand and hear the footsteps of Steven and his flashlight quickly rush to the assault.

Are you okay, Doctor Crawly? Steven asked, looking at the car peel of in the distance. We have to get inside.

I am fine, Steven, he uttered.

Crawly would follow Steven slowly to the entrance as he saw Caitlin's limo pull up. The night seemed to have taken a turn as he placed a piece of cloth over the injury. Amanda now outside waiting for Crawly and Steven to return while also being the first one to meet Caitlin.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theodore_crawly: (All good. No worries. ^_^)

Dr. Crawly is truly someone special. Caitlin usually goes on dates with men who are intimidated by her, usually because of her height. If it isn't that, it's something else. Like she has powers and they don't. Some find that terrifying because what if she gets mad at them? But the redhead refuses to go down that rather dark rabbit hole. Men can often seem weird to her.

Theodore is one who is different and he has treated her very differently than others, along with Olaf. She hasn't had this much fun on a date in like...well, forever. So far there are no lies, just the simple truth and so far she hasn't scared him and she is glad of that. That's actually the last thing she wants.

It's far too early to tell if this is love yet since it's still the first date but if they continue on like this then Caitlin could see Dr. Crawly being 'the one'. He may not be a super-hero or posses powers of his own, but he doesn't need to. It's his personality, his mind and who he is as a person that most attracts the Primetime Phoenix rather than anything else about him.

The limo pulls up and Caitlin steps out, rising to her full height of 6'4" as Amanda gets a look at the celebrity, the redhead is built like an Olympian champion with a small muscular build. Small being the operative word since she's still very curvy not nearly as large as a bodybuilder.

No Caption Provided

The giant of a woman walks gracefully, hips swaying, as she immediately spots someone who she doesn't know. She smiles, approaching her and looking very much like she's on Cloud 9. She stops about 5 feet from Amanda and looks down at her as she offers her hand for a shake, "Hi, who are you? I'm Caitlin Riker and I'm here to meet Dr. Crawly. Is he here yet?"

Theodore_Crawly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Theodore_Crawly

@ultra-woman: Short sweet. Feel free to use Amanda as an NPC however you want/ She doesnt like you.

Amanda's look of concern turned to annoyance as Caitlin's radiant beauty dwarfed her own. She had always admired Caitlin for her career as a woman and even acknowledged her being a beautiful woman, but she had never imagined to have come into circles with Dr Crawly, a man she secretly crushed on since the day they first met. She was tall, strong, beautiful, and it made he want to puke for making her feel so insufficient.

No Caption Provided

Amanda forced a fake smile as she could see the security guard Steven aide Doctor Crawly to their location. Her hands clapped in soft annoyance, I know who you are Caitlin. I am Doctor Amanda Stevenson. Her eyes steered away from Caitlin as she continued talking. Im fully aware of you status and I dont really want to sound like a b!tch right now, but there has been an incident with Doctor Crawly and we are waiting for the police.

It was then Doctor Crawly appeared, obviously dazed from his attack. One hand grasped the back of his head as he could feel the lump form when he hit his head upon the pavement. The other covered above his eye where the assailant struck, blood slowly streaming down from the injury.

He couldnt help but smile at the arrival of Caitlin, unaware of Amanda's tendencies. Hello again, Caitlin. You still look quite stunning. Steven would help him to a seat, almost ashamed the evening had turned into this. Please excuse the small delay. This usually doesnt happen around here.

Amanda would roll her eyes at Theodore's obvious crush. Who wouldnt, she thought to herself. She would pass an icepack to Theodore as concern was shared. We have the police coming. We saw the whole thing from where we were. It all happened in slow motion from out vantage point. We just are so glad it didnt turn out worse.

Theodore just shrugged his shoulders, his tone sounding playful regardless of the situation. Well...I am glad it didnt turn out worse. He could feel his eye begin to swell slightly as his eye flinched when applying the ice. I guess I will be needing a ride since my car also got stolen. He would look at Caitlin. I guess if we get another date you will be picking me up. He said with a soft chuckle as he could see the red and blue lights approach from the distance. You ready for that tour?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theodore_crawly: (OOC: Sounds good. ^_^)

Any other time, Caitlin might have spotted that she wasn’t liked by this woman. But she has eyes on Dr. Crawly and not on Amanda. Even if the redhead did know, however, it wouldn’t matter for the lady had her opportunity and let it slip through her fingers and now it’s the Primetime Phoenix’s turn.

As Caitlin follows, she listens attentively as Amanda reveals that the police are on their way and something happened to her date. Then, like a dreamy mist, Dr. Crawly suddenly appears. Initially, the redheaded bombshell smiles rather excitedly because she’s anxious to get on with their planned date. But the smile is lost once she sees him and the blood.

No Caption Provided

At first, Caitlin is speechless. Dazily listening to him as he briefly explains the situation while handling an ice pack. Too late to track down the scumbag who did this. But even if she could, she can’t leave Dr. Crawly like this. But she is certainly very angry this happened to him and she is already making mental notes to use her resources to track down his car and get it back to him. For now, she takes a deep breath to calm down and let the anger go before she even thinks about speaking.

I could use the Power Cosmic to heal him. Simple. She thinks, But that would be suspicious even if I’m a Super-Hero. Why call the cops if your not even injured? She reasons. Better off waiting for the boys in blue to leave first.

Caitlin comes over and cups both sides of Theodore’s cheeks, looking down at him with concern, as if he was a hurt puppy dog but a very cute one! “I’m glad your okay!” She says, hating to even dwell on the fact that he could have been killed and she didn’t get there fast enough. She’d never forgive herself if that happened. She’s lost too many people she’s loved already.

Caitlin starts to lean in but before she can make it all the way, the Cops arrive. GREAT TIMING! She tries to hide it but it’s clear she’s frustrated. Amanda, however, is delighted the Sequel got interrupted. No one kisses her man but her alone, not that she ever did because she hasn’t. But still. Serves the Ultra-Hero right!

The Cops begin to take statements from them all, starting with Dr. Crawly since he is the unfortunate victim of the assault and robbery. They also ask for the license plate of his car so they can track it down. And once they recognize who Caitlin is, they get autographs from her but also ask why she didn’t stop the thief. She shrugs her shoulders, “I didn’t get here in time. I wish I had because I would have put an end to it.”

Amanda glares coldly at Caitlin, keeping her dark thoughts to herself, Yes, I bet you would have...

The police have no doubt about her story and they believe her when they ask a few additional questions about where she was at the approximate time of the assault. City surveillance cameras will corroborate her story. After getting the statements from everyone else, the police now have enough to investigate the case and try and track down Theodore’s stolen car by tracking it’s license plate number. They are given the okay to leave now.

At last, Caitlin looks at Dr. Crawly, “So, I can take you to the hospital or I can heal you.” And she’s REALLY hoping Theodore says he prefers her to heal him. And that explains why the police didn't call the ambulance because she told them she can heal him should the good Doctor prefer it over a hospital visit. At the very least, it'll save him time and money.

Theodore_Crawly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultra-woman:

You can do that? Theodore asked curiously at Caitlin's proposal. I can honestly say that I have never been healed before with a superpower. He said with a twerk of his brow, which instantly made him grimace with discomfort due to the injuries. Oh, oh, oh, how about I marvel and your gifts AFTER I get healed.

So how do we do this, Caitlin? Theodore would rise, staring into her eyes, awaiting her answer. Caitlin was an amazing woman, his trust in her unshakable. The subtle facial expressions were quite obvious to Amanda as she stared at the two, Steven just in awe of the events about to transpire.

Can I tell you something, Caitlin, he said awaiting how to be healed. You have amazing eyes. I just had to say that before we go forward. Well...that and thank you. He would cast a smile as he moved in closer. This isnt all about seeing the spaceship, is it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theodore_crawly:

With a cringe, but mixed with a look of concern, Caitlin watches him experience all this pain.

So how do we do this, Caitlin?

A smile spreads over her lips, seeing the unwavering trust in her. It's a nice feeling to have someone look at her like that and feel that way. Outside of her now-dead family, no but Dr. Crawly has done that. Except maybe Samson Starr, but not quite the same as Theodore. "Just hold still." She says before listening to him.

"Your welcome." Caitlin says as she reaches down to the spot Theodore was hit and with the other hand, reaches to the back of his head. Her hands glow a white color as healing energy enters into him, increasing the body's natural ability to heal by a factor of 25. In seconds, the wounds are gone.

This isnt all about seeing the spaceship, is it?

A mischievous smile spreads over Caitlin's full lips, "Your already getting to know me so well." She says as Amanda now wants to be gagged. She doesn't like where this is going so takes her leave in a huff of anger.

Tessa_McIntosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Tessa_McIntosh
No Caption Provided

Viktoria's Foghorn cocktail turned sour in her mouth when Oslo steered their light conversation to business. “You’re going to do a season of X-Factor.” She hated when he crooned her with his executive matter-of-fact tone of voice. “So you’ll be shooting from September to December.”

The actress and her multi-hyphenate manager cozied at a crystal fire pit that burned calm embers. “You forged my signature again?”

Oslo clicked a rhythm with his tongue. “It’s in your contract, Vik.”

A fall breeze picked up and brushed Vikoria's bare arms. She wished she took her friend Francisco's jacket after they left Craig's. “It says a music reality show.” she recalled. "Not The X-Factor"

No Caption Provided

“X-Factor will get your face out there to a new demographic.” Oslo consistently held strong to his management decision like there was a cardinal ritual he had to orchestrate just right.

“Know what, I’m not here for that.” Viktoria fanned her hand, wafting the invisible stench of the contract conversation away. “Valley of Dolls. I’m here to meet my Valley of Dolls castmate.”

"Caitlyn Rikers. I thought I told you."

"The Selebrity chick?" The genre-bending film star, moved her cocktail from her dewy face. "Isn't she in recovery? We're meeting her at a bar?" She sat back in her seat, holding back more comments on the absurdity with a mirthful scoff.

"It's a restaurant and don't chastise her." Oslo shouldered off his tailored velvet jacket. "She's a grown woman."

Viktoria took Oslo's Zegna jacket, sitting at the edge of the chair to cover her bare arms and midriff. "Thanks." She said giving a playful pose, holding the shrug in her shoulders, cherishing the weight and warmth of Oslo's jacket. "So when does she get here?" Her cerulean eyes scanned over the scene for intruding eyes. Tabloid writers, bloggers and vloggers slithered the Terrace occasionally. Creeping under the guise of clubbers looking to drink cocktails, eat escargot and dance to live DJsets.

@ultra-woman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tessa_mcintosh: (Sorry for the wait. >.<)

No Caption Provided

Caitlin smiles as she steps out of the limo and out into the street, managing to avoid the paparazzi who are always hungry for anything from her. As she stops in the doorway of the Terrace, her smile slowly fades like mist on a morning day. The place has a bar, the thought of alcohol and it's effects on her in the past year are quickly dismissed from her mind. Taking a deep, steady, breath, she steps inside. She can do this, she knows she can. She has to.

Wading through the people here who immediately notice the towering 6'4" giant of titan walking among them with muscles that would make even Wonder Woman envious, she quickly finds the person of interest. Someone that has caught the Ultra-Woman of Super-Heroes eye because of her recent casting in the movie Valley of Dolls. A seeming ghost from her past she is here to investigate.

"So when does she get here?"

"About now I'd say." The redhead says cheerfully. If it wasn't for these men being in the way, Caitlin would react differently upon seeing a friend she has long since thought was dead. But upon seeing Vik's face, hearing her voice... It can't be. Surely, it's just a look-a-like! It can't be her, but that face...that voice. She thinks to herself, green eyes examining her once thought dead friend from years before.

Caitlin sticks her hand out to be shaken, waiting to see if Vik recognizes her even as she introduces herself, "I'm your castmate, Caitlin Riker!"

Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ultra-woman: (I was antsy, but no problem! This is awesome! Let's do it!)

Tessa_McIntosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Tessa_McIntosh
No Caption Provided

“No introduction needed!” she spoke in a jubilantly singsong voice as she stood to greet Caitlyn with a polite hug. “Love you in Red Sonja!”

Caitlyn dwarfed her in stature and her 5’7” hug barely came to the red-headed woman’s bosom.

“It’s an honor to finally meet the woman herself.” Oslo Chabernaud slipped in a greeting that consisted of him taking her hand. “I have a gift for you both”

Viktoria traded a glance with Oslo before placing her eyes back on Caitlyn for a reply. She knew bits and pieces of the alien invasion battle the actress-hero participated in. She raised her Foghorn-filled glass flute and sipped, but stopped herself feeling a slight shame with Caitlyn in their presence. She placed the drink behind her to hideaway on the end table.

The man proffered two hardcover books of the titular novel, only the cover itself suggested a difference from Jacqueline Susan's work. "I want you two ladies to read this book and meet weekly with your other castmates to deconstruct and discuss the novel."

No Caption Provided

Faíth appraised the book, skimming the synopsis and pages of the book. She saw the sketch of the Golia sigil bookmarked in one of the pages, but made no note of it. "We won't be getting scripts anytime soon?" Viktoria asked, sensing Caitlyn possibly was equally inquisitive and had questions of her own.

The Ancestra Studios producer crossed his legs and sat cozy in his seat. "I'll be attending the meeting as well as the screenwriters Rian Johnson and Greta Gerwig. They will be crafting and editing the script at our meetings." Oslo rested his stoic gaze onto Caitlyn. "Viktoria's casted as Jennifer North, but we are still working on the direction we want to blossom from you and the emotional path it would require. Anne or Neely. The Tower or the Inverted High Priestess."Viktoria knew the tarot reading reference, but was unsure if Caitlyn had any recollection of the arcane arts. The sketches placed in the books were already cards dealt to Viktoria and Caitlyn. "Which role do you prefer, Ms Rikers?" Sparking a strange green fire with a black-painted thumb, Oslo lit a black cylinder stick. It's tip burned an emerald ember. He huffed a long drag, blowing a large and fragrant plume of smoke, one that smelled of sandalwood & eucalyptus, traveling the night air course of the fall wind.

Wrapped in Oslo's weighted jacket, Viktoria sat silent stroking her fingers along her Saturn-symbol necklace. Her nails dragged the curves and bends of the scythe-like sigil (♄). Waiting for Caitlyn's reply.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Caitlin hugs her back, thinking: Sounds like her, smells like her, it has to be her. But how? I saw her dead body myself. She is puzzled but relieved to find her friend is still alive. Smiling, she tucks some hair behind one ear, "Thanks! I loved playing her." And that's an honest answer. Red Sonja has, in a large part, defined her career.

More would have been said if it wasn't for a rather handsome young man performing his own introduction, proving how much of a gentleman he is. She shakes his hand in return, thankful that Vik hides that drink. She may be over alcohol for now, but it's still a constant temptation when she's around it.

Upon examining the novel, Caitlin knows for a fact she has never read it before. But now that she's been given an assignment, she'll be more than happy to read it. Perhaps it's part of preparing for their respective roles in the movie. Plus, there's nothing like gathering together to discuss a book one is reading.

Usually, Caitlin doesn't accept a part unless she's read the script first. That tends to steer her right most of the time in getting into movies that are going to be successful. But going in blind like this is only because of Vik. She wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for her friend.

At first, Caitlin doesn't know the references to tarot cards. So the names of the Tower and Inverted High Priestess nearly fly over her head. But then a memory tugs at her from the past. Then she hides a smile at the man's 'cigarette'. It's not the common kind one can find in a store. This one actually smells pleasant, We celebrities usually pick the best poisons. She thinks. The smoke not bothering her in the slightest.

"I'd like to be the tower." Caitlin answers, glancing up from the book in her hands, "And it's a bit unusual to read a book first before the script. Is this to prepare for our roles?"

Al-Said

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultra-woman: (Caitlin is brave for popping up here, she'll make it through tho......or not lol. I'm rooting for her! I'll work on my post tomorrow!)

Tessa_McIntosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Tessa_McIntosh

@ultra-woman:

No Caption Provided

Viktoria instinctively swallowed air and it indicated her throat went dry. She cleared her throat to no luck. She turned away from her company and sipped her Foghorn to lubricate her throat. Oslo was cooly conversing with The Sequel about their lack of scripts, “...Trust me Caitlin. When you meet the Doll family it will all make sense.” he took another deep puff of his black cigar. Across from the Redhead Recruit, Oslo’s emerald ember illuminated bright like it absorbed new information on the woman. A burning third eye.

The smoke plumed thick from his nostrils as if he possessed pyrophoric lungs similar to a dragon. Eyes simmered on his newest actress, the Ancestra producer resumed, “Neely. The Tower. Requires the woman wearing her mantle to reach deep into their spiritual and emotional rolodex. When you read the literature, you will see the manic performance she requires...” Vik listened quietly mapping the reputation and scandals the Selebrity Signee was known for. Alcoholism. Rehab. Fame. Neely was Caitlin. Holding to his principles, Oslo emphasized his actors perform their roles via method technique.

The Primetime Phoenix chose the Tower and in turn Neely forecasted her need to be spiritually reborn via destruction. Viktoria almost visually shook her head and scoffed at Oslo’s eerie attention to detail. Neely was a woman at her magnum opus. The career. The marriage. The World Renown. Reaching that trinity of influence jaded Neely into a macrodosed and negligent workaholic wife. Viktoria broke into their conversation.

Neely O'Hara
Neely O'Hara

"I think since we're here Caitlin we should set up a date. We can even start doing candid promo with our books" Viktoria leaned closer to the Rikers Readhead. "Just me and you." she said playfully nudging her castmate. Working for Oslo or an Ancestra Studios project in general could be a heavy process. The Sci-Fi Siren experienced these journey's and witnessed previous castmates finish the project changed for better or worse. She extended the olive branch to begin carving out an intimate space for Caitlin and her future castmates, preferably the women to decompress, raise morale and vent throughout the demanding filming and production processes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tessa_mcintosh:

Nodding, taking mental notes in her head as her 'wheels' begin turning, "Alright." She says, trusting this man knows what he's talking about. Good producers and directors often do. The bad ones can often be sifted out like wheat before being avoided.

'So I'm playing a manic this time.' She thinks within herself. In just her third movie, Caitlin played a woman with multiple personality disorder. Many didn't think she could pull it off, but not only did she manage to defy expectations but she also walked away with an Oscar in her hand. That cemented her status as an A-list actor, but ever since her fall from grace, she has to climb back up the ladder again. The successful first season of the Netflix reboot of Red Sonja is a great start but she needs more.

The man's attention to detail means his meticulous ways will ensure everything will be perfect as production on the movie gets ever closer. Caitlin LOVES people like him because it will ensure things will go well for them provided everyone, or almost everyone does their part as well. "I'll be sure to immerse myself in the part."

To date, Caitlin has never tried the method technique so this will be an interesting spin. Stay in character all the time, even on set when cameras are not even rolling. But first thing is first. She has to get a feel for her character and find her voice. 'Plenty of time for that.'

Then Caitlin is nudged by Vik so she glances down, then she smiles, "Great idea!" To get Vik alone and talk to her is something Caitlin's been wanting during this entire meeting. She wonders if her refound friend even remembers her. A nice discussion between friends might do a lot of good. "When is a good time for you?" She asks, checking her phone as she checks over her own schedule to clear a spot for Vik.