STRIKE HQ (CvNU Team Location)

Tyrus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@lunahawk:

He nodded, "Certainly." He answered, "Well, I have studied some of them. Mostly from a sort of defensive point of view. Their methods seem somewhat unfinished in some cases, although there do appear to be a few who have reached the same levels that those using the Art of the Panther have. Typically it was either the arts or the philosophies that were especially lacking, and not both."

Tyrus smirked a bit. Interesting perspective. They certainly have a view of their particular martial art as superior to others. "Good, I'm glad you've spent time analyzing other modes of thought. It can be exceptionally beneficial when you're dealing with the world at large and not just the west."

Panther_genus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus_:

He nodded agreeing, "It can, and it's still best to search to see if there's anything more efficient. And even if there isn't, the search itself offers experience."

It would be true they believed that the art of the Panther was one of, if not the, greatest forms of martial arts. Although, it was more thhan just combat. It offered many daily uses that became far easier that many other forms did not.

Tyrus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panther_genus:

(Sorry for the delay)

"It's true." Tyrus agreed. "I think you'll find a lot of interesting different views around the carrier. We have all sorts of agents and meta humans working with us. Do you have any particular issues with aliens?"

Panther_genus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus_: (No problem, I'll actually be gone from now till the 10th though.)

He shook his head, "Not really, only against individuals after they've shown they aren't morally good." Tabor was like much of the residents of Panther island in that case, very open but also often very skeptical. They'd trust a human as much as an alien but only after proven worthy of their trust.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus_:

"Good to see ya up and about... and out of the armor," Jason said with a small smile, acknowledging her casual attire. It amusingly dawned on him that he'd never actually seen her without her armor.

Courteously pulling out a seat for them both at the nearest circular table in the lobby, Jason then seated himself.

"So...." He began, unsure of what to say, and unsure of what she wanted to discuss.

Tyrus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10:

Tyrus smirked a little, still trying to look relaxed but never quite pulling it off even as she took a seat. "Well...you can thank Raeyn for that." She said a little sheepishly. "If I was ever good at the whole wardrobe thing I've lost that skill somewhere during all this. I needed to get away but honestly, it's getting harder to leave." She said, looking at him for a moment. "I knew when I took this job that there would be security risks, I didn't know there'd be political risks that would become security risks."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus_:

"Ahh... politics."

He dryly chuckled.

"Until my recent hiring at Langley, I did my best to stay away from em."

He idly fingered his chin, considering her.

"Speaking of political slash security risks, you need to be careful. Every day STRIKE's not allied with the UN, that's a step closer to the organization being labeled rogue and dangerous."

Tyrus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"I think you still should." She smiled a little.

She sighed and shook her head. "It's not the organization they're worried about, it's me." She determined. "When the previous STRIKE director was in charge, no one questioned her, no one wondered if STRIKE might go rogue and be a dangerous organization and they were just as independent then as we are now. People have forgotten that I took specific steps to avoid the just barely audible whispers of a rogue organization by opening relations with the United States. It was somewhere near the end of the previous Director's tenure that these questions first emerged, but it was only by a select few individuals. I take steps to reverse the process, get stabbed in the back repeatedly for my efforts and when I reverse course? Oh, she must be crazy. "

Tyrus closed her eyes for a moment and then opened them again. "I'm not crazy, I'm just not politically popular and do you know when it started?" She grabbed a napkin on the table and started messing with it in her hands towards no particular goal, just an action she was doing subconsciously. "It started when I decided to go after the biggest villain alive, someone who's record as a terror and a threat to global security was obvious...someone who's record is quietly being ignored by the United States government under two distinct administrations now. Ivana should have been an obvious target with a great deal of international support. Instead the powers that be freaked out, threatened me, threatened my people..." Tyrus smirked a little. "In the name of international stability." She leaned forward a little, her eyes meeting his eyes. "Tell me how Iceland helped international stability. No, they were mad about Ivana because they thought it might work...and then suddenly their ally would be in jail. You know it's wrong, the whole world knows its wrong."

She leaned back in her seat and tossed the wadded up napkin onto the table. "And now they're running around like headless chickens because of the impending Time Siphon invasion...that I've been warning them about for over a year. Do you know what makes STRIKE not a rogue organization? I'm not investigating the United States Government, even though I know something is very and distinctly WRONG there. If I walked into the UN right now, they'd arrest me, so no, I won't be working with the UN any time soon."

Tyrus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus_: (No problem, I'll actually be gone from now till the 10th though.)

He shook his head, "Not really, only against individuals after they've shown they aren't morally good." Tabor was like much of the residents of Panther island in that case, very open but also often very skeptical. They'd trust a human as much as an alien but only after proven worthy of their trust.

"Understandable." Tyrus said with a nod. "We have a lot of individuals here from all sorts of backgrounds. Some of them are on a path of redemption, so I think you'll find morality isn't always as black and white as we'd like to think."

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"It started when I decided to go after the biggest villain alive, someone who's record as a terror and a threat to global security was obvious...someone who's record is quietly being ignored by the United States government under two distinct administrations now. Ivana should have been an obvious target with a great deal of international support. Instead the powers that be freaked out, threatened me, threatened my people... In the name of international stability. Tell me how Iceland helped international stability. No, they were mad about Ivana because they thought it might work...and then suddenly their ally would be in jail. You know it's wrong, the whole world knows its wrong."

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#911  Edited By Arquitenens

We could've been allies over the whole Ivana thing. But as Antonia Dain was fond of saying, "lack of charisma can be fatal."

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus_:

Mid-day: Concurrent with Prepare or Perish

The copter arrived by appointment at the appropriate time, landing on the receiving deck of the helicarrier with the practiced elegance of a bird of prey. As the undercarriage touched the bottom, Klaus was already stepping out, his magenta synth-fluid vest now eponymous with his covert position as Deputy Director of the CIA. In public he still appeared in a suit, but to those more knowledgeable of the so-called Secret World, he had no qualms about hiding his identity as the enigmatic rogue who'd destabilized the Tyrant's efforts in Colombia and fought upon Iceland's shores. His tell-tale mask, however, was not on his face, instead hanging over the back of his neck. He strode forward with purpose, a kind smile filling his youthful visage despite the array of wicked-looking gadgets and pouches which lined his form. He was alone.

"Director, it's been too long. I don't believe we've talked since I was given control of Central Intelligence," he'd say whenever he saw her, following whatever greeting she had for him. "Also, just to clear the air: before, I was acting under orders. I still am, of course, but to a more independent extent. I am here of my own volition, and from now on I speak autonomously," he'd state with a smile, with reference to the cold professionalism he'd been forced to display in the past. There was uncleared air between von Lichter and the Director of STRIKE; he hoped now to patch things up, both personally and professionally.

Tyrus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter:

Tyrus met him in her office with Erin, who stood quietly in the back corner. The teenager had a bow on her shoulder but seemed to have no desire to draw it anytime soon. She glanced at Lichter but otherwise didn't pay much attention to him. Eventually she pulled out a smart phone and began browsing the internet. To the trained eyes of someone like Lichter though it would be apparent that her seeming lack of concern was an act, she was ready to go at the drop of a hat, her muscles slightly tensed.

Tyrus pulled out a chair for him and walked around to her side of the desk, taking a seat in her own. She looked up at him where he stood for a moment in silence after he spoke. She ran her fingers through her hair for a moment, her facial expression a combination of cold steel and absolute exhaustion. In truth, she'd not slept in the last forty eight hours. "I'm too tired to keep holding grudges." She said finally. "I put more faith and trust in people I used to consider enemies than people I used to consider friends. I finally figured out why the last Director stepped down." She leaned back in her chair. "So have a seat, let's talk."

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus_:

"Thanks for having me, by the way. And thanks for not holding a grudge. Were I in your shoes, I'm not sure if I'd be able to do the same."

He shrugged, keeping a small friendly grin on his face. He paid little heed to the bow-wearing teen in the back of the room, out-of-place as she may have been. Seated opposite the Director, he locked his yellow-gloved fingers together, resting them on the table in front of them. He must've looked odd, blackened combat vest sitting overtop the discolored magenta uniform. There was no need for a suit and tie for him now that he had taken charge at Langley. The actual Director didn't seem to get out much, and he'd delegated so much power to Klaus that he might as well be running the organization entirely. Times had changed, after all. A prodigy at age nineteen was an appropriate candidate for Deputy Director given the world which surrounded them.

"So, to business, then. First reason for visiting: it looks like your dreaded invasion has finally come to pass. The UN Building, gone without a trace, and my Simulacrum with it. Any data it could've given me was lost along with the building. No funerals being held yet, though. I've been told we can bring it back, no? Or is that up to those trapped within?" he inquired, cocking his head slightly to the side. To a casual observer, he'd seem dangerously nonchalant about the vanishing of the entire United Nations, but one who knew him better would be aware of his recent concoction of a few performance-enhancing stress-relief aids. He'd almost had a heart attack the day before, and with a scary red vein creeping up his eye, he'd been forced to take drastic measures. He looked healthier than ever, but he'd been forced to rely on his own scientific expertise to develop something to help him focus, and without any side effects that would impede his mind, either. The ugly vein had vanished, and while he'd been afraid of possibly losing hair, such a fate had not come to pass.

Tyrus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter:

"Grudges aren't healthy." She said with a slight shrug.

Tyrus observed him, made mental notes of his surprisingly healthy appearance but these days she didn't have the resources available to look into that. Instead, she'd dedicated everything to the invasion and putting a stop it. At his question about the UN she smirked a little and cast a glance to her body guard before returning her eyes to him.

"The short answer is yes, it can be brought back. Likely what they've done is removed the UN building from the normal flow of time to cut it off from reinforcements...and because they like to put on a spectacle." Tyrus said, watching him for a moment before she swiped her hand through the air, creating a holographic display that popped up between the two of them and showed the ongoing news report about the UN attack. "The easiest way to bring it back is to convince the Time Siphon that did it to bring it back herself. I have a theory on that..."

She pressed a few holographic buttons and the image was replaced with one of the Time Siphon Maieria. "This is the Scout we believe is behind the attack. She's one of their best, this isn't her first time as a harbinger of invasions but she's been chafing under the commands of Varikass. I've been told by my expert that Time Siphon Scouts like to be independent and charter their work out to whoever pays the most but apparently Varikass has been preventing Maieria from doing that. I don't think it's out of the question that she could switch sides for the right reasons."

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#916  Edited By Lichter

@tyrus_:

He spread his hands.

"Perfect! So, what's the play? Are we capable of accomplishing anything out here? Or is it up to my Simulacrum to convince this Maiera to change her allegiances? Because in all honesty, I doubt he'd be able to do that. We're not talking true AI here, Director. He's clever, sure, but he doesn't think outside the box," he said with a smile.

Stark's smart, but not that smart. Odds are it just started shooting at her.

Tyrus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter:

"Erin, what do you think?" She asked her guard. The girl glanced up. "I can get you in." She said and went back to her phone.

"Then I say we put together an offer she can't refuse." Tyrus said. She shifted and turned off the display. "We're ready agent, the question is if everyone is willing to follow our lead. There is a plan in place, one I hope you want to hear now."

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus_:

"All ears," he said, tapping his fingers together. The yellow digits drummed against each other rhythmically, ever-contrasting with the black suit and smoldered magenta trim. The suit had been burnt, punctured, and even sent into space; it wasn't dirty, merely faded. He'd resolved to keep it that way, so as to maintain a quieter profile. Nothing good about being the loudest thing in the room.

Panther_genus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus_:

(Tada! i've returned! Sorry for the wait!)

He nodded, thinking over morals. He decided it was probably a good time to mention something, "Since we're speaking of morals, I might mention something about Lady Pietra. She has given me the authority to say it if I saw fit. She tried to establish a meeting in America with whoever was attentive and intelligent enough to get her signal, first I'll say on Panther island this would have been completely legal, she basically executed high level crime bosses. All who were murderers I might add, and would have continued had she not done it. But the person she ended up meeting turned out to be a government agent, and she was arrested. She escaped of course, but her terms with America aren't to good." He was aware of the complications this might cause, but it was worth the risk.

Tyrus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter said:

@tyrus_:

"All ears," he said, tapping his fingers together. The yellow digits drummed against each other rhythmically, ever-contrasting with the black suit and smoldered magenta trim. The suit had been burnt, punctured, and even sent into space; it wasn't dirty, merely faded. He'd resolved to keep it that way, so as to maintain a quieter profile. Nothing good about being the loudest thing in the room.

She brought up another display, this one a map of the world with certain cities highlighted in red. New York, Gothic City, LA, Moscow, London, Caracas, Beijing, the list went on. Tyrus stood. "When the Time Siphon fleet arrives, we have resources to throw at it, space capable power houses, the Andromedans on Mars, The Thousand Worlds of Rytorus...but given their estimated fleet size total victory in space is unlikely. Our informants suggest the fleet will arrive and immediately teleport the most important Time Siphons, their general and their initial invasion force to the surface. The fleet will then try to remain in orbit to deploy additional reserve forces as needed. Our goal is to drive the fleet off, cut the Time Siphons off from their reserve forces."

She pointed to New York. "From there, we have carefully selected specific cities to draw the Time Siphons too. They will go for major population centers and we don't intend to disappoint them. With the help of local governments we have been quietly evacuating the cities in red, by the time the fleet arrives the only people present in each city will be military forces, STRIKE forces, local heroes and Maverick. We reduce these cities to battlegrounds, the damage to infrastructure will be significant, perhaps catastrophic...but the civilians won't be there to die. We know from previous records of Time Siphon assaults on other worlds that while fighting in a city they will often use the civilians as batteries...here we've eliminated that possibility. They'll have to fight us in these cities because if they want to win, if they want to ensure our compliance...they have to destroy our military forces...and these are the only cities they'll find them in."

Erin walked over, slipping her phone into her pocket and took over part of the briefing naturally. "Varikass will avoid an end around to the undefended cities. What may seem obvious to anyone else will seem fool hardy to him. He doesn't want to harvest Earth until he owns it. He'll go straight for your military defenses because he likes straight on fights. He likes to cow a population by publicly destroying their greatest defenses in head on conflict. It's strategically stupid, but Varikass is extremely confident, especially because your defenses are significantly sub part compared to other worlds he's broken."

Tyrus nodded and resumed. "We contain the fighting to these cities and while the military forces go after their mercenaries, the heroes, our key players, go for the Time Siphon generals. Destroy or capture the Time Siphon in charge of each force and the rest of the force will surrender. These mercenaries are paid with not dying. They'll quit when their lives are secured. Once we have successfully defended fifty percent of the cities we'll launch a final assault to end the invasion completely...The Time Siphons are led by a group called The Circle of Nine, the nine original Time Siphons. Currently their species is engaged in a civil war with Varikass attempting to seize total control. The Circle of Nine is divided, many have declared neutrality, four have directly aligned themselves with Varikass and will be on Earth. Destroy the Circle of Nine and the remaining Time Siphons will flee. If we try to do it too early though, Varikass will be able to withdraw his offensives and surround himself with a force much too large for us to take on, not to mention all of his Time Siphons."

Tyrus looked at Lichter for a moment. "The Circle of Nine represent the most powerful Time Siphons alive. Those that arrive on Earth will be extremely dangerous, this will be considered a suicide mission and be strictly volunteers. We have two Time Siphons of our own that will aide in the final assault..." She glanced at Erin, who nodded.

"Sahi, the leader of the Brahma Brotherhood and Raeyn, Second Siphon of the Circle of Nine."

Erin smiled and extended her hand for Lichter to shake. "I've come to like your planet, I don't intend to watch Varikass crush it under his heel. When the time comes for the final assault, I'll blur the assault group's temporal lines...he and the other traitors will be unable to use their temporal drain attacks on you."

Tyrus nodded a little. "Raeyn has a proven track record as a defender of Earth since she joined STRIKE under the first Director."

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus_:

Lichter took the hand without a hint of resentment, a small smile matching Raeyn's own.

"A pleasure, Raeyn. I've heard great things."

The Time Siphon was truly indistinguishable from an ordinary human being. It wasn't unsettling, as he'd expected; it was more wondrous. The medication he was on made the world seem fresh and bright again. He felt like he'd just met Solaris again, or Samson; the room wasn't dark anymore. Idealism creeping back into his skull?

"So. That's phase one down. Now about the aftermath."

He locked his fingers together.

"I was wondering if STRIKE and Central Intelligence could discuss a strategic alliance. As I've said, when we talked last I was operating under orders. One thing lead to another, a few bad feelings here and there, STRIKE leaves the UN-"

He shrugged, waving his hands as though he were clearing the air.

"-I say no hard feelings. Best to operate as a group. Any past differences will be waived. STRIKE will work alongside the CIA, not for."

He interlocked his hands behind his back.

"As the Deputy Director of Central Intelligence, I now have the authority to make such a promise. What do you say, Director? Back on good terms with the free world?"

Tyrus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter:

Tyrus listened to him silently, she looked at him for almost a full minute without saying a word. Her hand slid to her back pocket, touching the badge hidden there for a moment. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath and then nodded ever so slightly. She opened her eyes again, focusing on him. "There will be changes after the war." She said simply. "Changes that I'm not at liberty to discuss with you...but yes, I accept your offer. That was all I ever wanted, to work along side the United States and other governments...but..." She trailed off and shook her head. "No, I have to consider that water under the bridge if we're to move forward."

I just can't keep fighting politics anymore. I'm tired, no, I'm exhausted. Let the next Director deal with these people.

"We should put together that offer to Maieria before it's too late." She offered.

Panther_genus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LunaHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panther_genus:

(Crap, thought I replied to this, will get to it asap)

Panther_genus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyrus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus_:

(Tada! i've returned! Sorry for the wait!)

He nodded, thinking over morals. He decided it was probably a good time to mention something, "Since we're speaking of morals, I might mention something about Lady Pietra. She has given me the authority to say it if I saw fit. She tried to establish a meeting in America with whoever was attentive and intelligent enough to get her signal, first I'll say on Panther island this would have been completely legal, she basically executed high level crime bosses. All who were murderers I might add, and would have continued had she not done it. But the person she ended up meeting turned out to be a government agent, and she was arrested. She escaped of course, but her terms with America aren't to good." He was aware of the complications this might cause, but it was worth the risk.

Tyrus shrugged a little. "STRIKE is not dependent upon a national government for support or authorization. The relations of one nation to another don't terribly concern us unless they get in the way of an operation to protect the planet. I will leave it to your leaders to work out issues between your government and theirs, just as I would any other diplomatic situation. As for the laws of a country, I'm not in a position to comment, nor would I, it is for the people and government of each nation to decide their own laws."

Panther_genus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus_:

Tabor nodded, pleased with the reply. "Anything further?" He asked gathering up what he could think of in case it came up in her questions.

Tyrus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panther_genus:

Tyrus shook her head. "No, I think I'm satisfied." She smiled and stood, offering him her hand to shake. "Welcome to the carrier."

Panther_genus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus_: (The next file should come tonight if not before)

He smiled shaking her hand and nodded to her, "Good then." He said as he prepared to exit. He was pleased it had worked well and hopefully further interactions between STRIKE and Panther island would be good.

Panther_genus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus_: (I know it's small, just really bad at this.)

Name: Gan Gashadokuru.

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 170 lb

Hair: Long brown

Eyes: Brown

Skin: Tan, with yellow tatoos.

Job: Councilman and warrior. Under command of royal family.

Method of obtaining powers: Connection to some sort of force and energy he simply refers to as "The force"

His access to "The force" offers him abilities in omnikinesis, future seeing, telepethy, and empathy.

Trained in combat with swords and gained mastery, while not following particular styles or teachings.

Military close combat training and practice, avoiding any one form of close combat.

Has access to two swords which can generate closed plasma beams around adamantium/vibranium telescopic blade.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus_:

Out of the blue, Tyrus would receive an encrypted email from one "SexyDreadMerc619". And within it? Full schematics for the Anti Time Siphon device that Asad (now reacquainted with the "Dreadpool" persona) had created, referred to as Avant Guns. At the very bottom of the email was a short message.

"A gift, curtsy of a sudden and unexpected retcon. We still on after the invasion?"

Tyrus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#932  Edited By Tyrus_

@dreadpool10

Tyrus was in the shower when a holographic display popped up in front of her eyes. She sighed, washing the remaining shampoo from her hair. "You really enjoy sending emails don't you?" She asked the empty shower. She tapped on the holographic image so she could reply and turned the water down so it wouldn't drown out her voice.

"Thank you." She said, words that were translated onto the email 'page.' "Yes, we're still on after the invasion..." She smirked a little. "I'll have a bit more free time then too." Satisfied she sent the email and returned to her shower.

Ezekiel_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel_:

(it's ok, there's still Vai and Xae ;) )

Nobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One day I shall control this place's gym!

XGNXlency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#936  Edited By XGNXlency

I'm not familiar with what you guys do or who you guys are, and I found and image of a "Ravjet" on Google. The link on it lead me here, so I just wanted to point this out. That image was actually a Quinjet. Ravjets and Quinjets are 2 separate things. Ravjets have more armor and weaponry, however lack the foldable wingtips seen on Quinjets. Quinjets have better stealth technology, but the Ravjets have more engine capacity, as well as the Ravjet looking more bulky than the Quinjet. Just a little fact of information. Hope this helps you guys.

P.S. Quinjets usually don't have wing-mounted missiles like the Ravjets do.

VictorAdams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders:

Never in my life did I think I would be doing something like this, it just wasn't my thing. Ever since that day I gave up on what you would call the civilian way of life, I threw out my old self and adopted a new one. I became Vengeance and that was all, I was just Vengeance. That has changed, it's been three days since I was taken out of Gothic and since then I've been working on a new plan. The words he said to me "You Got Work To Do Vic" those words have been a sort of...inspiration. Vengeance wasn't enough, funds were getting dry and it was getting harder and harder to get information. Without those things I couldn't be a hero, let alone the hero. So I devised a bit of a strategy, my years in the military taught me a few things, this was one of them. Adopting disguises, new personas to help get things done, this was how I would fix my issues. Today marked the birth of my first new identity, not sure you could call it new though. I gave him a personality, cool. I gave him a look, suave. Lastly I gave him a name, a name I never thought I would use again, Victor Adams. After the bloodbath the man named Victor Adams was never found, that's because I buried him when I donned the mask. Now it was time to unbury him.

No Caption Provided

The look I chose wasn't exactly inconspicuous, it wasn't supposed to be. After all a full white suit and mask wasn't the apparel of your average man. Victor Adams had one purpose in his creation, to supply funds for my crusade. In doing so he would need a job, that job had been selected carefully. I chose one that would supply enough money and keep him occupied. I chose STRIKE, working with them would allow me access to enough resources to create the other two personas I had in mind as well as fund my caped crusade. Not to mention it would spread the shadow of my white cape to farther corners of the globe.

Moments later I was aboard the floating helicarrier, two armed guards followed close behind. I would've looked them over, found their weaknesses in the event I needed to beat them to a pulp. Victor Adams however, wouldn't, instead he would do as he was told. His walk carried a certain swagger far from the brutish way I moved, he was graceful... I was vicious.

The guards escorted me to the office of Strikes Director, what I new was that her name was Tyrus. I took a seat, brushing my suit back into place, I opened my mouth but it was not my voice that came out, it was the cool and smooth voice of Victor Adams.

"Hello, my name is Victor Adams but, I'm sure a lovely woman of your caliber knew that. Just like I'm sure you know why i am here, I would like to join STRIKE. It's been too long since my old special forces days and I was starting to miss it."

Tyrus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@victoradams:

Tyrus analyzed the man who had just walked into her office and introduced himself. To say she was running on energy reserves these days would be an understatement. The Thousand Worlds of Rytorus fleet had dropped into the Sol System less than twenty four hours ago. The invasion was about to be at their doorstep. She had two dozen holographic windows open currently in her office but with the wave of a hand they all vanished. Information played through her mind like a movie, her re-engineered brain was capable of processing and storing information well beyond the typical human levels. She called up his mental file in a moment, confirming for herself everything that he had manufactured. With so little other information she had no way of knowing that Victor Adams was a disguise...but so many of the people she worked with had at least one identity.

"You have an excellent sense of timing." She said with a bit of a smile. "We're about to get hit like you wouldn't believe, it's all hands on deck already." She glanced in the direction of the only other occupant of the office, a young woman with a bow. The girl shrugged and leaned against the wall, folding her arms under her breasts. Tyrus shifted her focus back to Victor Adams. "Special forces you say? I'll have to do all the usual background checks of course..." She stood and walked to a file cabinet in the corner. There she retrieved a folder and then crossed back to her desk and sat back down, gazing at him for a moment. "Are you familiar with the coming Time Siphon invasion?"

VictorAdams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus_:

She questioned my special forces background, said she would do a background check. She already has me on file, Victors flattered, the opposite of the reaction I would have. It gets kind of weird sometimes referring to Victor as a separate person even though he and I are one in the same. Even more so then the other personas I've manufactured because in truth he is me, well me before I became Vengeance. Which is why I made him the one to join STRIKE, there would be no need to get information falsified because it was all true.

"Yes mam, I was a Beret and might I say I learned alot about discipline and honor."

I lean back, showing a very lax attitude in order to convey the lack of worry I had. It was better then acting nervous and Victor Adams wasn't a nervous guy to begin with, it was one of the few personality traits we shared.

"You may find a brief gap in my history after my 39th birthday, I'm sure you can understand why. Watching everyone you know and love get killed is a bit much so I went off the radar. Traveled to Egypt looking to start a new life, I trained there, as a way to take my mind off the events."

Inside my mind I chuckle a bit, this would be the perfect moment to just sip tea.

"Sadly it didn't work and it only took me thirteen years to figure it out. Now I'm back and I need something to do, need funds, and getting back into Serving was the only thing I could think of."

My right leg moves over my left, crossing it as she continues on about something named Time Siphons. It rings a bell but, not enough of one. I haven't focused much on anything but handling the gangs since I became Vengeance, I preferred to let the bigger guns handle those types of threats. Good thing was this time I'm not Vengeance, when these clothes are on I'm Victor Adams and he doesn't mind going up against the big bads.

"Time Siphons...name rings a bell but, I can't say I know much about them. I've been pretty out of the loop for a while as I'm sure you understand."

I let out a little chuckle at the end there, using humor to lighten the situation.

Tyrus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@victoradams:

Tyrus nodded a bit and listened carefully, committing his commentary to memory. "You've picked an excellent time to start a new life." She said with a smile, steeping her fingers. "In a matter of days an alien fleet will arrive in orbit of Earth. There will be a fight for control of our orbital space but in the process, the Time Siphons...temporal vampires, if you prefer, will send forces down to key cities across the globe. Most of these cities have been evacuated in silence so that the battles that ensue will deal the least possible damage to civilian life." And to provide the Time Siphons with as little extra food as possible. "There is a plan in place for dealing with the leaders of these armies and with the armies themselves, but there is also a plan to destroy the Time Siphon leadership."

She slid a sheet of paper and pen across the desk to him. "I'm looking for people like you to take part in it. People who have something to live for...and something to die for, people with significant experience in the field...people who understand the cost of failure. It would be one hell of a first assignment, if you're interested."

VictorAdams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus_:

I chuckle as she makes the new life comment, she has no idea how perfect of a time it is. In fact I plan on starting two more new lives, through this organization I can get my hands on the necessary equipment to handle it. She mentions something to live for, the only thing I have to live for is so that no-one else has to go through what I went through. Losing everything you ever had, everything you ever cared about including yourself tears you apart at first. I refused to go back, even now Victor Adams may use the same name as I did but, he's nothing like how I was.

My white gloved hand takes hold of the pen and I begin filling out the form.

"I can guarantee I have experience in the field and I can also assure you I'll come back alive."

In the next few minutes everything is filled out and I slide the pen and paper across the table to her. I rise from my seat, flattening my suit once more.

"If it wouldn't be too much to ask I would like to see if I can get my first couple pay checks in advance. I need to reequip myself for battle, I'm a bit lacking in the gear department."

Tyrus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@victoradams:

Tyrus nodded. "Consider it done." She said as she picked up the form and filed it away carefully. As it slid into its folder in the cabinet it was scanned and filed by the computer as well. "There is an armory here as well if you need something more immediately. Most of the meta humans equip themselves, so do the aliens and the pre-humans but we do keep a supply of weapons and armor on hand."

Tyrus smiled a bit and turned her full attention to him again. "You should also meet a few of your new co-workers when you have the opportunity. I believe some of them are currently on the ship."

VictorAdams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#943  Edited By VictorAdams

@xgnxlency: This is an RPG forum, you probably found that image because it was associated with the look she chose for her ravjet. Please inquire further next time.

VictorAdams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus_:

With a bow I offer her my thanks and take my leave, I make a call while I stroll through the ship, an old contact of mine. He tends to help me get certain vehicles that are hard to come by, he picks up within the first few rings.

"Well I'll be damned, what can I do for you today Vic."

"I need you to locate a few things for me. Remember that Japanese glider I had, yeah I'm gonna need a new one."

"Do you know how hard those things are to find, the last one took me months."

"Well then lets give you a deadline of by the end of the week and I'll pay double. Other then that I'm going to need a Dodge Tomahawk, a white Stretch Limo, and an old yellow cab. Oh and tell Tony I'll be by within the hour to pick up some stuff."

"That's a weird list but you are a weird guy, I'll get it to you by the end of the week."

The call ends I take a quick turn, an old squad member of mine should work here. I'm gonna need his help to. I make my way through the ship until I find what I'm looking for. The command center, and about three rows down I spot that same old bald head. Quietly I stroll up and tap him on the shoulder, he doesn't look too busy. He turns around and asks who I am, after I tell him we catch up for a bit. Thats when I ask him for a favor.

''Thats alot for me to do and it won't be easy, thats gonna require me to get into multiple systems and servers."

''The city is gonna be in the aftermath of a war, once they start the cleanup you just gotta get in there. I already have my setup underneath the city, it's just hard to get in and out without getting noticed."

"I understand that but, the whole police department thing, whats with that."

"Thats just a bit of fun, it's just this one favor."

"Ok I'll do it."

"And..."

"And your secrets safe with me."

''Thank you very much, I'll be sure to drop a little something your way once I get myself situated."

With that I turn and make my leave, I have an appointment to keep. I'm gonna need some armaments if I'm going to make this work.