#501 Posted by Aleron (362 posts) - - Show Bio

@solarhawk:

Aleron shook his head grinning and frowning at the same time, "Yeaah that's not gonna happen. The only person I'll lay in bed willingly with would be my wife, if I ever had one, or my children, if I had them either."

#502 Posted by The_Shogun (4803 posts) - - Show Bio
#503 Posted by Apex_ (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_shogun: any chance Bat Woman can be made into an AV out of that >.> artworks beautiful makes me want to use Fang just looking at it lol

#504 Posted by Maverick_6 (10434 posts) - - Show Bio

Training Facility

"Gotta say, my bets on the borg."

"I dunno man. We tagged him pretty fine. From what I hear of this Bradshaw dude. The man gotta have some kinda enhancements or something, just like him. Look at that exo he's got. Probably can jump a few stories with it, easy. Toss cars too. I hear a lot of those Maverick Exos let people do that."

"Naw man. I've seen Brad fight. He's got somethin, but he was gettin' kicked around that Alpha Dog dude. Not sure how much stronger, uh, Jackal is compared to him."

"Easy money. Pteh. You grunts ain't got a clue. Jackal's not gonna land a single hit."

*SHINKT*

Jackal draws his blade, tossing the wooden bokken aside to the other side of the room, sending the wooden nanomaterial across the room as he walked over to his position, lazily. Bradshaw adjusting his own arsenal of weapons as he looked at his fellow ENCU. Who held his blade in his hand, Bradshaw readying his arm mounted Grenade Launcher. Jackal's question was a simple one.

"Ready?

"Yeah. Up there. Start the scenario."

With all the personal watching well outside the training room, the facilitator on the microphone begins to count down.

"3"

Grips on gun and sword grow.

"2"

Weapons raised. Jackal assuming stance and Bradshaw taking aim.

"1"

Jackal leans forward. Bradshaw holds his position.

"Go."

A gunshot from an M1911. "You and your goddamn guessing game." Undergoing an over ten thousand G contractile force acceleration with his musculature. Jackal could have very easily dodged a round traveling at 2300 miles per hour, from ten feet away. Bradshaw was over 30 feet away. He watches the bullet as it whirs by, and then as soon as it is within his vicinity, detonates in a hilarious catastrophic explosion, the force of which seemed to be much greater than any 100 tonner's strike, being that the round dented ground made to withstand the strikes from a 100 tonner and sent the quarter ton robot flying towards the wall some 20 feet away. Twirling through the air, Jackal rights himself and lands feet first onto the wall in a manner akin to a 600 pound cat.

"Better tell your director Tyrus, I'm not paying for the ^&*(ing repairs." Jackal yells.

He leapt off the ceiling, a grenade shot towards him, he throws a super conducting throwing knife towards it, the two mutually detonating in a bright, flashy explosion that'd likely make Michael Bay blush. Hot plasma ionizing the ground into molten metal as Bradshaw's eyes scan the area. He looks upwards and rolls as Jackal slams his fist down into the ground. Being designed with basis on Peyton's Gym, it was made to withstand the damage many 100 tonners would put out. Immense pressures and great impacts, the place presented an ideal area for Jackal to actually train. Apart of the reason he agreed to come here was to have an actually durable enough to withstand his strikes then most any Maverick traiing facility. Most of the time, he trained in the field. Not like Maverick was often willing to shell the money on a training facility capable of withstanding such impacts as what was to be experienced her.

He hand poundeded into the ground, pressure waves from the impact rippling all around. He saw Bradshaw flying away at great speed, but aiming at him non the less. His fire withdrawn as he waited until he was sent flying a great l

Aren't the only one who can adapt. Old man.

*CREEEEK*

The noise of metal deforming echo-ed about as the STRIKE troopers regarded with a measure of shock as Jackal just ripped the floor upwards, tearing off more and more. And then Bradshaw fires towards Jackal's makeshift shield. The thick metal absorbing each impact of the rocket and scattering it about. More and more it being eaten away. The Cyborg's pushes against the thick metal slab, dents forming in it with each and every shot. *Click* He's reloading.

Jackal's takes his Katana, slicing through the bottom of the flooring's slab to separate it from the ground. He then spins, garnering momentum as he kicks the 2 ton slab of metal precisely in Bradshaw's direction, as if it were a cardboard box. Bradshaw fires a round that amalgamated the a Deutrium Tritium and superconducting based shaped charge, the round's explosion small that the others, but focused forward, as it simply rips through the slab in a miasma of molten metal and plasma. Through which, he sees the psychotic cyborg, leaping through sun-like temperatures presently in the hundreds of thousands as if a hot summer breeze. Bradshaw throws down a shaped charge in the midst of this dash.

"Not bad, pretty boy..." The Maverick Mutant Hunter muses.

No Caption Provided

Bradshaw's armor activates, an explosion active in front of him not to swerve away Jackal's slash. There was simply too much power, too much speed behind it for that. Instead it only repelled Bradshaw back, while slowing Jackal's slash down ever so slight for it to only carve through the front portion of his armor, sending the mortal man away, thumping against the ground some twenty feet.

Eyes go whide, a charge beneath the man goes off, sending nanocrystalline Tungsten carbide Jet upwards at perhaps some mach 50, punching through his arm and severing it as it goes through Jackal, the roof of the carrier and stops some 1/2 meter deep into the ceiling. He grunts, his teeth gritted. Soon, it turns to a smile .STRIKE personal were about to halt the match on the account the Jackal if he hadn't arrested the bleeding of his vital fluids and continued fighting with one arm as if nothing had happened. Not enduring the pain. Enjoying it.

"Stop jumping ten thousand flipping feet into the air. Not some Wuxia kung fu movie."

The so called STRIKE second in command Bradshaw bantered, but it was limited. He had to function at his peak to not get carved up as Jackal was soon entering his domain. Close range. Having to deal with someone capable of above thousand ton strength, megajoule striking levels and expert skill with his blade warranted his attention. He knew that if this fight was going to at all press on, he had to not try. His movement was rapid and he was quickly devouring the distance between them.

Bradshaw threw a smoke grenade down as he simply melded into it. Despite Jackal's vastly superior speed, Bradshaw treated dodging the cyborg, like getting out of the way of a bullet. He knew were he would go and knew how he moved. Accuracy when hindered when one simply could not see their target. /waves from Jackal's slash flew, the air displacing as a gash forms in the ground. He starts, looking around through it. Panting heavily, the swordsman's eyes scan the area, sword waving around. His enhanced senses longing to locate his sparring partner and fellow Maverick. He could smell his blood. See the trail along the ground. He's close.

"Heeeeeeeeeere Braddie Braddie...."

#505 Posted by The_Shogun (4803 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_: Let me know if this works! If not I can do another crop for you.

No Caption Provided

#506 Posted by Dragonfang_ (379 posts) - - Show Bio
#507 Posted by The_Shogun (4803 posts) - - Show Bio
#508 Posted by Apex_ (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_shogun: not sure what I'll do with Fang but always nice to get a new AV it injects some vitality back into ideas

#509 Posted by The_Shogun (4803 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_: Yeah it does for me too.

#510 Posted by Maverick_6 (10434 posts) - - Show Bio

Training Facility

"I see you bleeding. I already know you won't hang up the towel but-"

He hears the raising of a gun and fires the gunshot colliding against the steel of the wall, as Jackal views the room from the ceiling, clinging to it. The Grim Gunslinger looking at him. A button pressed, and combat bots released. It was meant to be a demonstration after all, of an actual scenario, and it was meant to show some of the worst that could occur. An army of superhuman robots, and nothing less would be something of a challenge, not to them anyway.

Jackal mutters under his breath, seemingly annoyed as one jumps towards him on the ceiling, seeking to land a 100 tonner's strike, only to fall short before the reach of the mechanical monstrosity's blade. As he jumps down to greet the rest, landing and slicing one in half before looking to the others with a glint of his eye. He always enjoyed it, but, he wasn't playing with his food. Bradshaw? He was not food. To him, he was just another competing predator. A miasma of blades and the bots are reduced to scrap for him. His eyes fail him in the smoke, but is his ears lead him to his bleeding combatant. He can sense the end is near.

He sees Bradshaw walking towards him with the bots walking towards him. Immediately, Jackal takes one of the bots up with his feet, adhering them to his feet as he tosses him in the direction of Bradshaw's shot.

He doesn't hesitate to simply, give this man his all. Anything less, it would be insulting. He long knew that this is not a man he should hold back against. So he did not.

He got near, sifting through the smoke. Fifty slashes a second. Three thousand if he sustained it for a minute. Slashes per seocond matching the fire rate of a minigun. Faster than any automatic rifle. The men observing from the exterior could scarcely process the cyborg's movement and in truth, neither could the so called "Ultimate Infantryman."

His target fell apart. Had it been a man, the storm of Jackal's bladed speed blitz would have reduced any person to simply wet gore. However, it was merely another pile of scrap.

Guess you haven't gotten any dumber.

He clenches multiple knives in his hand and then jumps into the air, a miasma of plasma explosions providing him the cover he needed to close the distance once again, for the last time in this fight. He overrided limitations set forth in his own muscle, simply the act of him running and causing craters, as he threw forth a deafening kicking towards the man, knocking the gun out. Another round house that would have simply liquified as a human. Kicked them in half. But oh, he never let hits like that land cleanly. It grazed him. Throw with human force, it would have done nothing. But he rolled with it, dampened it. It turned force capable of shoving cars like kittens into a rough push.

Simply because it didn't hit correctly.

You can survive getting hit by a train, albeit not straight on in most cases. The impact sent him sailing across the room as now, Jackal dropped his sword and in exchange brought the M1911 up instead. The one that contained the ultra-power explosive that he'd been making use of this entire fight. And Bradshaw drew his own back up weapon.

An ACR carbine, loaded with copper jacketed, lead cored FMJ armor piercing round. By all definitions, this was an ordinary rifle with a bayonet. Maverick often modified their guns with reinforcements and ultra-powerful munitions, but this was something, though a rare gun, that one could reasonably pick up legally at an arms dealer. No major Modification to it at all. By most any definition. It was just a standard rifle.

"You were always a shiz shot."

"Oh flip you."

Smoke obscured the area and both shots fired. Jackal was not aiming directly for Bradshaw as he was more so, the ground and detonated near him. Bradshaw's bullet was aimed squarely of the barrel of the gun. It penetrated inside the barrel and hit the bullets within it directly, dead on. The ensuing explosions filled the room. The last thing any of strike troopers remember was Jackal colliding with the glass at speeds that must have easily broken the sound barrier in the thousands of tons as his impact dents the protective screen used to such conflicts from getting out of hand.

In the aftermath, Jackal wanders out the wrecked room, carrying a wounded wolf on his shoulder. Bradshaw, unconscious in his arm. Jackal smiling as STRIKE troopers.

"These Maverick guys are nuts."

"I don't really disbelieve that he fought that mutant up close now."

"Hey frank, I think you owe like what. 120?"

"%^&& my life."

----

Later that day

Bradshaw found himself out of the medical bay in a rather short time. A large set of bandages beneath his armoring. Chatter on the carrier, understandably increased of his escapade, but he made little of it, going about his day off as if it were normal. His current artificially induced age inhibiting his mind to an extent. But it would take at least a week for him to recover from this.

But, he was primarily a tactical coordinator, now. What use would STRIKE have for him on field? Better left to younger, more capable people, he thought. Half the people here are superhuman, and that kid with the metal arm might make an ample replacement. He should be watched.

He walked about the carrier, generally checking on how everything was and seeing to it that whatever needed to get done, got done. Already his mind went to other places.

People need to learn how to shoot down some aircraft. Maybe Ivana and Apex could get on no problem, but not much excuse for dog and the rest.

#511 Posted by Ezekiel_ (143 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#512 Posted by Gale_Xanders (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

@ezekiel_:

(I saw your post, reply in a bit. I'm sorry I missed it the first time.)

#513 Posted by Ezekiel_ (143 posts) - - Show Bio
#514 Posted by Gale_Xanders (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

@ezekiel_:

Xae listened and sat down on the edge of her bed. While he spoke she picked up the picture and looked at it quielty.

"I was fighting in a war once big one...I had volunteered to ststay behind so others could leave, others including my hatch...children and mate." He true dialect had a way of surfacing when she was feeling strong emotions.

"So...when we were fighting I felt his blood spray across my face.." She touched the place where it had happened for a moment. "I never thought I'd feel alive again." She smiled a little. "But this girl...she showed me how to live again."

Xae looked at him for a moment before she continued. "Here in STRIKE they don't care about your past. There is a member that is known to have murdered entire galaxies...what they care about is your actions now." She put a hand on his good one. "The important thing is you left when you realized what was happening."

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
#515 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (42356 posts) - - Show Bio
#516 Posted by _Glacier_ (8729 posts) - - Show Bio
#517 Posted by _Glacier_ (8729 posts) - - Show Bio

Kay, I'll post tomorrow. Got a direction I wanna follow and a vibe (thanks, Warsy)!

Plus...

I have the best bro ever.
I have the best bro ever.

#518 Posted by SolarHawk (739 posts) - - Show Bio

@solarhawk:

"Ahh, good." James said, "So, are there plans to prevent something like that happening again?"

"Always." Solar Hawk said. "The Hydra attack sort of came out of the blue, no one's even heard from them since they tried to take over Gothic awhile back."

#519 Posted by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@solarhawk:

'So they were both unexpected and escaped? Well, it is Hydra. They've been around a while.' James thought.

"What about the heroes of STRIKE? How effective were they in the defensive?" James asked. It was rather important. In order for them to be effective protectors they had to have an effective defense.

#520 Posted by Vocal (430 posts) - - Show Bio

@solarhawk: (>.> so many posts to get to and only so much time lol)

"Well I'm not. I had to go awhile with changing hair length starting with bald it was the worst." Known for long violet hair the Inhuman princess wasn't particularly fond of what her torturous injuries of heroics did to such a beloved part of herself. Course she was sarcastic in tone, she was glad to have survived. "No better place for a younger Hawk to get experience lord knows Maverick does." For awhile Cadence considered asking Bradshaw if someone of Maverick would train the younger forces of the Inhumans. Ultimately it didn't carry through however the king wasn't fond of any non Inhumans entering if it could be helped. "I could see how it might take two hearts to wind down after that job." The acoustic assassin doing her best to be congratulating but not dwell on the matter. Knowing talking with a commanding official could be intense Cadence did her best to keep conversation light until then.

#521 Posted by Ezekiel_ (143 posts) - - Show Bio

@gale_xanders:

"Touching." With a small nod, Ezekiel eyed the picture, questions still racing through their mind- however, Xae continued speaking, and actually changed the subject- something that did not go unnoticed in the eyes of the masterful mercenary.

"They don't care about our past? Bull." Scoffing rather loudly, Ezekiel pulled away his hand, showing his mistrust of the company that had taken them in. "Behind these steel walls there's no way they're not planning different ways to take us all out. Ya think they're letting someone who takes out whole galaxies run around without some monitoring?" Rolling his eyes, he continued. "I don't blame them, either. Hell, I'd do the same- it's safe. Better that than have the whole damn country run on pinky-promises..."

Muttering the last sentence, Ezekiel refilled his glass, downing it swiftly.

#522 Posted by Gale_Xanders (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

@ezekiel_:

She shook her head. "There's a difference between keeping safety measures and caring. What I'm saying is people aren't going to judge you here for what happened before. I know I won't. Yes you have a past and yes I'm sure Tyrus keeps that in the back of her mind but your fellow teammates aren't going to judge you for what you've done."

Xae smiled a bit as he downed more of the alcohol and poured him a third glass. "Good vintage isn't it? Spare no expense." She smirked. It wasn't like people didn't know who she was at this point. "I have trouble trusting people personally." She said and poured herself another glass, downing it quickly. "I understand if you might feel the same way."

#523 Posted by Venator_umbra (417 posts) - - Show Bio

@gale_xanders:

The Shadow Hunter appeared inside the helicarrier sending out a telepathic signal calling out to Tyrus to meet him. He was as shadow walking through the ship and avoiding any personnel or sifting through a wall of walking down a different corner didn't work. Even when walking he seemed like he was gliding across the room with no real need for legs.

"Director Tyrus, are you listening to me?" He telepathically called with a gentle voice.

#524 Posted by Tyrus_ (369 posts) - - Show Bio

@venator_umbra:

It wasn't long before Tyrus approached from down a corridor. "Yes I can hear you just fine, but I'm no telepath and can't respond in kind." She told him. "Can I help you with something?"

#525 Posted by Venator_umbra (417 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyrus_:

He grinned, "But I am, I can sense thoughts. Not just send them."

"And yes, why else would I be hear? STRIKE has been doing well according to me, if not sometimes brutul, but I can live with that for now. I want to form an alliance with STRIKE. When you hear word of heavy hitters that my abilities can counter, I get a call. You leave me alone when I want it. And in return, I fight when you don't have anyone else who wants to. I'll keep an eye on STRIKE to protect it. Not complicated, just a mutual relationship." His eyes watched her intently, "Fair deal?"

#526 Posted by Ezekiel_ (143 posts) - - Show Bio

@ezekiel_:

She shook her head. "There's a difference between keeping safety measures and caring. What I'm saying is people aren't going to judge you here for what happened before. I know I won't. Yes you have a past and yes I'm sure Tyrus keeps that in the back of her mind but your fellow teammates aren't going to judge you for what you've done."

Xae smiled a bit as he downed more of the alcohol and poured him a third glass. "Good vintage isn't it? Spare no expense." She smirked. It wasn't like people didn't know who she was at this point. "I have trouble trusting people personally." She said and poured herself another glass, downing it quickly. "I understand if you might feel the same way."

"Hm." Without saying anything, Ezekiel nodded his head and grunted in what could've been agreement, or at the same time disagreement. "I never really trusted anyone. My pa, sure... But he raised me in superstition." Kindly refusing the drink- three giving him a proper buzz for the afternoon. The midnight hours was when Ezekiel found himself emptying bottles... Not now. "Satar's crew I got comfy with. Till I realized they were all a bunch o' assholes."

"Nothing fun to do around here, is there?"

#527 Posted by Gale_Xanders (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

@ezekiel_:

Xae shrugged his drink refusal and moved the glass out of his way. "Fun? Well...there's the gym...and..." She frowned. "Well everything else requires two or more people and a bed, or a shower, there's just not much meant for fun on this ship. I sometimes go flying with Solar Hawk but she's a lot faster than I am. Don't get in a drinking contest with her either, her size will fool you. I think there's a TV in the mess hall, a large one usually tuned to a sports game or two. Sundays that TV is mine, don't touch the remote." She grinned.

#528 Posted by SolarHawk (739 posts) - - Show Bio

@aleron said:

@solarhawk:

Aleron shook his head grinning and frowning at the same time, "Yeaah that's not gonna happen. The only person I'll lay in bed willingly with would be my wife, if I ever had one, or my children, if I had them either."

"Well that's ok." Solar Hawk said. "Not everyone has to be into everything. I know I have boundaries too. So anything else on your plate today?"

----------------------------

"Sentinel Hawk is a curious young woman." Solar Hawk said. "All optimism and kindness. I think she's the better of the three of us, to be perfectly honest. She's been just about wringing her hands over some boyfriend though, apparently she made some mistake and they haven't spoken in awhile." Solar Hawk shrugged. "Mm...two hearts, two..well, three's company." She said with a playful wink and a grin. She opened the door into the lower levels of the carrier and led her down to the new command center where Tyrus was standing looking over some holographic maps of the planet. "There she is." She told Vocal. "Don't let her youth fool you."

#529 Posted by Aleron (362 posts) - - Show Bio

@solarhawk:

"Not really, I know I'm not going to leave again this time though. Well, unless I die or something." Aleron answered. Then he half grinned, "Although, when you go off the grid, you meet some odd people."

Avatar image for ashley_knightfall
#530 Posted by Ashley_Knightfall (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall:

"Yeah...I thought you might respond that way." Xae said with a grin. "I can hold this form basically as long as I want, it's not a mental form of shape shifting, it's physical, basically like putting on different clothes. I can even sleep this way which is particularly useful when there are...uh...guests. I can shift back and forth at will and the process is fairly quick. My clothing is made of shape shifting fibers that shift into my scales and then back out when I change form so that I'm not awkwardly naked when I resume human form. I don't heal more quickly in either form. The nanites are injected through my armor but I also have some that I can inject manually if I need to."

Xae shrugged. "It's ok if you want to ask questions, I understand why you would, it's not as if you've seen this before. I have a carnivorous diet and consume above my body weight in food on a regular basis, I'm cold blooded but my armor keeps my warm if I'm somewhere cold. Do you have any questions I can answer? I really don't mind, I do understand why you have them and the purpose of asking them."

Ashley listened attentively, giving occasionally nods to show that she understood what was being explained to her. Of course she had more questions; she had hundreds upon of thousands of questions. But questions that NEEDED to be answered for professional reasons rather than for personal knowledge? No, not at the moment, at least nothing that she probably couldn’t find by reading the file herself.

“I think that’s all right now Xae.” Ashley smiled, giving a reassuring nod. “Would you mind if I keep this for a bit?” She motioned to the flash drive that was still connected to the computer. “I would rather not download this into the system and I promise I’ll give back as soon as I’m done with it.” The STRIKE physician paused for a moment. “Thank you Xae, for sharing this with me. I know you technically had to, but I want you to take comfort in knowing that this, all of it.” She motioned to the illuminous files before them. “Stay’s between us and will help me be prepared to help you."

#531 Posted by Maverick_6 (10434 posts) - - Show Bio

Bradshaw crossed his arms as he walked by, adjusting a man's grip as he taught him how to use anti aircraft missiles and weaponry. Perhaps, a carrier might hold some defenses in the form of Phalanxes and various air born missiles such as side winders, Mavericks and perhaps a RIM's, but it wasn't any reason men couldn't learn how to take up use of stinger missiles themselves to shoot down helicopters, drones, perhaps even a fighter and other deadly craft the enemy may possess. That plane used to deploy the shogun's doghouse members should have been shot down. It could have had radar cloaking, but that didn't necessarily mean infared. Still a chance to shoot the thing down and if they get on, it shouldn't be for free. No excuses. Lazy, complacent nature among STRIKE personal wouldn't even need to be drilled into them, being how many of them had to go home in body games when dog ripped through squads of them. If they'd shot the craft down, he wouldn't have gotten on in the first place. Ivana another matter all together due the spontanious nature of her teleportation.

Many were already trained in it's use, due to a military background, but clearly, not every operative in STRIKE had such a background or the same experiences. While lacking some knowledge of the use of some armament, diverse skills were necessary for the good of the carrier. Agents were taught by other, more experienced agents and otherwise were more broadly managed by the Maverick Mutant Hunter himself. Being that he had little to do aside from eat, sleep, release waste and maintain his physical form while awaiting an extensive treatment to revitalize his age, he dedicated much of his daily time directly interfacing with STRIKE troops and Agents in order to train them in certain aspects. Hand to hand was not too greatly emphasized due to the fact that one of them attempting to go head to head with Ivana or Alpha Dog was foolhardy. Even with all of Bradshaw's gear, he knew most any of them would get their asses kickes. So he evaluated marksminship, particularly under pressure. With Jackal having been here, they have an idea of what it is like to come face to face with a superhuman who is stronger and faster than they are.

However, with more of the training being undertaken by experienced personal and only so much time during the day able to spent training, he made rounds during his free time and listened during it's happenings. One particular thing he'd heard about was Vocal's return to the carrier and Apex being here, so as one would believe, he did keep an ear and an eye out, eventually coming across them but not actually revealing himself or partaking in conversation due to Solarhawk's presence and her reasoning for being here being to talk to Tyrus. However, in his "listening" to their conversation, he does overhear word of Sentinel Hawk's emotional conflict. With her work in Denver and young age, this was of particular note to him in fact that the psychlogical condition of any soldier or warrior mattered. It impacts performance and warranted his contact if Maverick itself. Other ambient talk consisted of Ezekeil's Courting of Xae, or seemingly the other way around. Such low key chatter mostly met with indifference, as this sort of thing happens all the time.

He continued his rounds about the carrier. Always watching, and listening. Artificially aged? Yes. But with an attention to detail that seemed to be as keen as it ever was. Training of the mind was more important than that of the body to him, and thus, it did not wither away nearly as quickly.

Avatar image for ashley_knightfall
#532 Posted by Ashley_Knightfall (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

@maverick_6:

Artificially aged? Sounds like you need a check up!
Artificially aged? Sounds like you need a check up!

#533 Posted by Gale_Xanders (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall:

"Thank you." Xae said with a smile. She stood after a moment and nodded for her to keep the flash drive. "I really appreciate it and I'm around if you need to talk about anything." She smirked a little. "I'm around if you want a drink later too. I should be going though, I have a series of phone calls to make and if you're done here I don't want to occupy any more of your professional time." Xae smiled a little and then left her to examine the files more closely.

(gonna bring Solar Hawk to you now =)).

#534 Edited by SolarHawk (739 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashley_knightfall:

Solar Hawk was awhile in arriving but eventually found her way to Ashley's door where she knocked at the slightly open door. She leaned against the door frame with her head tilted slightly and her wings resting lightly against her back. The Hawk Lord and White Lantern was more than a little skeptical about the whole doctor thing, but she had her own reasons for being here...reasons unrelated to her work as a Hero.

"Do you have a moment?" Solar Hawk asked. "I'd like to talk to you if you do. If not I can always come back some other time."

---------------------------

@admirallogic

"Oh, they did great." Solar Hawk said. "After the initial wave of the attack no damage got through to the carrier and we were able to take down both rival ships and deal with Hydra's leadership as well. Hydra was frankly unprepared for what we were capable of."

----------------------------

@aleron

"Oh I bet you do. What sorts of people did you wind up meeting?" Solar Hawk asked out of curiosity.

-----------------------------

@maverick_6

After leaving Vocal to speak with Tyrus Solar Hawk made her way to where her exceptional hearing had picked up the specific footfalls of Bradshaw. "Hello Bradshaw." She said with a little wave. "I saw you walking around the carrier on your rounds again. You looked like maybe you had something on your mind or something was bothering you. I have a few minutes if you don't mind a walking companion." Shiera said. She didn't really know what motivated him to go on these walks but she did know that frequently people became restless because of something on their mind. Solar Hawk wasn't exactly a counselor but she was hoping to share some thoughts of her own with him.

#535 Edited by AdmiralLogic (4131 posts) - - Show Bio

@solarhawk:

James nodded, "Good good. Although I doubt that's the end of them, even if it isn't actually the original Hydra that returns. It's influenced many things and I'm sure one of those is someone intelligent enough to bring it back." He looked at the broken parts again more intently furrowing his brow, "And the people, how many died?"

#536 Posted by Tyrus_ (369 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyrus_:

He grinned, "But I am, I can sense thoughts. Not just send them."

"And yes, why else would I be hear? STRIKE has been doing well according to me, if not sometimes brutul, but I can live with that for now. I want to form an alliance with STRIKE. When you hear word of heavy hitters that my abilities can counter, I get a call. You leave me alone when I want it. And in return, I fight when you don't have anyone else who wants to. I'll keep an eye on STRIKE to protect it. Not complicated, just a mutual relationship." His eyes watched her intently, "Fair deal?"

Tyrus considered his offer for a moment. Such a being would be useful, exceptionally useful under the right circumstances. "What gives you the desire to do this?" She wondered. Everyone has their reasons, even if they're an especially kind and good person, there is motivation behind everything. "I like the sound of it, but I'd like to know what prompted the offer."

#537 Posted by Aleron (362 posts) - - Show Bio

@solarhawk:

He grinned, "Well, since they are trying to hide I don't want to say too much about them. But I'll say these three things:

1: Apparently butlers are a lot more dangerous than most people might think.

2: There is a surprising amount of people who call themselves descendents of greek gods and have a fair amount of evidence for it, especially when it's zeus.

And 3: Did you know how surprisingly hard it is to fight a giant magical turtle? They're much faster than you might think.

But the weirdest thing was still the butlers. Of all the strange things...butlers turned out to have the most surprises. Actually, the turtle kind of did belong to one of the butlers. Soo yeah, butlers are the weirdest."

He shook his head grinning and looking down, "Never underestimate a butler." He mumbled again.

(I know this sounded weird! But there is a method to my madness!)

#538 Posted by Venator_umbra (417 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyrus_:

"I gained power, and training. I can no longer sit around and do nothing, from the moment my training began I knew what I had to do with it." He answered calmly and smoothly, "And STRIKE seems to be quite efficient, as I said, so an alliance could double the effect. If not more than that."

'It seems to be going well. Of course, things can always go wrong...like with Garian. I'll admit. He did unify a planet. But that doesn't make one good.'

#539 Posted by Maverick_6 (10434 posts) - - Show Bio

@solarhawk:

His eyes scanned the carrier in essence with machine like efficiency, a lack conscious effort and error attributed to years, without any great deal of effort required, as his mind had been simply hardwired to do it. All of his senses honed, someone sought to approach him. Judging by the weight, the sound of her gear and the minute sounds of a flutter drag behind her back, he would say that it's Solarhawk.

"Afternoon."

"I saw you walking around the carrier on your rounds again. You looked like maybe you had something on your mind or something was bothering you. I have a few minutes if you don't mind a walking companion."

What's she want? Walking companion....

"I'm fine. You act like this is somethin' new. I've always got something on my mind, Hol. One the many things I've been thinkin' about does concern you however, as a matter-a-fact. How's Munoz holdin' up? I heard you n' Vocal talkin' about her." He asks, his eyes still facing forward looking straight ahead.

#540 Posted by Maverick_6 (10434 posts) - - Show Bio
#541 Posted by SolarHawk (739 posts) - - Show Bio

@maverick_6:

"She's alright, you know her, all optimism and sunshine. Of course that doesn't mean she doesn't sometimes worry about things or blame herself for something. You know that Joey kid? Dresses sort of like The Champion? Well they're a thing and...she wanted to experience sex. They experienced it and he sort of freaked out." Solar Hawk shrugged. "I guess he wasn't ready. Anyway, they haven't spoken since and she blames herself."

#542 Posted by Lady_Liberty (10767 posts) - - Show Bio

[ I want Kelly to pay Xae a visit when she gets out of the hospital. ]

#543 Posted by Agent-Wilson (24 posts) - - Show Bio

A man walks into the Control centre of the Headquarters. Tall, wearing a blazer, and with at least 50$ shades on. He takes off his sunglasses and makes it to one of the Agents.

"I'm looking for Tyrus. Any idea where she could be?" He asks in a kind, somewhat assertive voice. Not smiling or changing his facial expressions once while doing it

#544 Posted by Gale_Xanders (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
#545 Posted by Agent-Wilson (24 posts) - - Show Bio

After being given the information he needs. Agent Wilson heads to the location of Director Tyrus.

"Director, I've been searching for you." The Agent says to her in his typical serious, but still non-hostile tone.

#546 Posted by Tyrus_ (369 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent-wilson:

Tyrus looked up from her desk and motioned him and to one of the chairs across from her. She was currently going through a series of after action reports on their recent fight with Hydra. "Well it seems you've found me." She smiled a little. "How can I help you?"

---------------------------

@venator_umbra

"I have no problem in making new friends and allies for STRIKE." Tyrus said in agreement with his proposal. "You don't have to worry about STRIKE trying to unify the world under a single government, we're here only to protect its people and nations from greater threats."

#547 Edited by Venator_umbra (417 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyrus_:

"Good," He said simply, "Though there is one more thing. The Dragon Warriors. One day they will attempt to take this world, I know it. And they will do it under the charge of Lord Garian. We need to be prepared. He is far more powerful than he shows and he has left no evidence of any attempted invasion."

Zerian began to pace, "But he will try the political way first. Buying as much property as possible. He has the resources for it. I once tried to take him down, but he was ready for me. Now, I know you've got great intelligence. And I hope you can find a way to prepare this world for it, but in the meantime, I just need to know for certain that we are allies."

(I wrote something on his first show of intent to help the Dragon Warriors rule Earth a while back. It's in a historical link in his bio, if you want to read the specifics. You can skip to the end though for when he actually says it.

You also don't actually have to be involved but it is coming.)

#548 Edited by Agent-Wilson (24 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyrus_: "Yes, indeed." The Agent says taking the initiative and having a seat.

"I was sent here by our boss. My name Agent Thomas Wilson, I'm specializing in the Supernatural and how to protect our world from it." The Agent takes out some papers and plots it on her desk.

"This is my profile as well where I was trained and my executive skill sets. Before I begin though, I need to be brought up to date in how the threat of Hydra has been recently." Agent Wilson says remaining comfortable, but firm in his seat.

#549 Posted by Assassinatrix (288 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent-wilson: A specialist in the supernatural? Let us hope that your investigations do not lead you too closely to my master, or you and I may meet over bared blades.

;)

#550 Posted by Agent-Wilson (24 posts) - - Show Bio