STRIKE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By STRIKE_
No Caption Provided

Ladies and Gentlemen. Some of you know me. My name is Tyler Harmon, and I used to be a lot of things. Secretary of State, Senator, Super-Hero. But I learned one thing in all of those jobs. Simply put, nothing can get done alone. And with so many threats to the world, both mundane and decidedly not, we need a group to protect us, independent of any country. So the United Nations has graciously decided to bring back a group we all sorely miss. So let me introduce you to the man in charge of this initiative, Lee Tagg. The next director of STRIKE!

The Dreadnaught.

No Caption Provided

STRIKE's iconic helicarrier is being phased out. After the disaster that was Samuel Washington, the image of the helicarrier has gone from the heroic STRIKE teams rappelling down to nuclear missiles firing upon major population centers. So Director Tagg is bringing in a new mobile base of operations. The Dreadnaught. It resembles the helicarriers in every way but one- it's submersible.

Boasting twenty-four submarines that can be deployed to reach nearby underwater locations, and countless amphibious vehicles that can operate on air and land, for faster response time, the Dreadnaught is crewed by almost five-thousand men. Many are duplicates of the newest member of STRIKE, Brian Rowan, who is supplementing the existing STRIKE teams with his self-duplication power.

The Team.

Column Head

Brian Rowan.

No Caption Provided

STRIKE's newest agent, Rowan works primarily as support and infrastructure, manning the Dreadnaught and providing disposable infantry for engagement with large groups of enemies, especially those vulnerable to conventional weaponry.

Solar Hawk.

No Caption Provided

A returning STRIKE member, Solar Hawk is one of the ancient Hawk Lords, fearsome winged warriors originating from Egypt.

Xae.

No Caption Provided

The LA-based vigilante and head of Jurassic World Inc, Xae is, for lack of a better term, part-dinosaur. She is also a returning member.

Tyler Harmon.

No Caption Provided

The former-Secretary of State and politician Tyler Harmon has joined STRIKE in a secondary capacity, offering his assistance until the ranks fill out and the global situation cools down.

Superion.

No Caption Provided

The sole survivor of an alien race, currently a probationary member.

The Director.

No Caption Provided

The newest STRIKE Director is a former field agent who was sidelined by an injury, and never left the bureaucratic sector of the agency. He's an unpowered human who often jokes that his power is simply 'charisma.' He works well with people, and is a competent leader of men.

OOC.

• STRIKE is back!
  • The team is currently open for recruitment.
  • A team PM is gonna be a thing, once we're slightly larger.
  • That's pretty much it!
Purveyor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will be watching.

Knight101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love it! This is still fantastic!

Also are you Xae/solarhawk/etc? Or is this someone else like ferel nova or something?

Two things,

1. Another interview with James Merrarn maybe? I want to use him some more.

2. Blackcat would like to help again in a few areas. They see STRIKE now as an easier way to maintain at least some extra peace and want to keep it going. Maybe get Kar to try and work with them again? Although this time not as much as a spy. Him or Agent Snow, just because Snow is disposable (clones using biological matter are quite useful) and his personality.

STRIKE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By STRIKE_

@knight101: Thanks, mano.

@purveyor: We'll be watching you.

@admirallogic:

I'm Orpheus/Pre-Mortem/Jean/N/Tyler Harmon.

Sure!

Maybe not a *second* self-replicator, lol. We'd be happy to have a liaison. Maybe the interview first, and then that?

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strike_:

Ahhh, that makes sense.

Cool!

Ok, Kar could probably still work. I may find someone else, depends on what happens in the meeting.

If you want to, then sure. Although James is only affiliated with Blackcat because I write them both, otherwise he's as much involved with blackcat as most any other reporter. Just in case you didn't know that.

STRIKE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic:

I know he's not really affiliated, I meant maybe we can have an interview and afterwards we can set up having a Blackcap guy on the team. You wanna set up the first one?

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic: If Kar doesn't end up working out, I'll drop a hint. Maybe Paragon would. *Winks*

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strike_ said:

@admirallogic:

I know he's not really affiliated, I meant maybe we can have an interview and afterwards we can set up having a Blackcap guy on the team. You wanna set up the first one?

Sure, now I get it. I can get it up sometime tonight probably. I'll probably have him do it here and just later put it to the public, getting hard to keep track of my own threads so it'd be easier just to do it in the official STRIKE one.

@admirallogic: If Kar doesn't end up working out, I'll drop a hint. Maybe Paragon would. *Winks*

Ok thanks!

*Awkwardly has no idea if there is some meaning I am missing with the wink.*

STRIKE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Arquitenens

I like the play on history in factoring with this. Best of luck with the team.

STRIKE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strike_: I haven't gotten to it yet! I just woke up for realsies, like...thirty minutes ago, give or take? And I have yet to finish episode 11 of Critical Role. It's a long one - and I mean a long one from a series with episodes usually somewhere around three hours (this one is five+).

STRIKE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: Alas, waking up. Mankind's eternal foe.

Eleven? Are you new to it, or is it new? Because Critical Hit is at 370+ hour-long episodes, lol

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strike_: I'm the relatively new one. I learned about it during my last legal semester at school because I was a fan of some of the voice actors, but I thought recently I'd start from the beginning. Only saw a few episodes before then anyway.

Came for Laura and Travis, stayed for the whole crew.

But don't worry; I'm not trying to finish the series first. Just the episode then I'll hit the Hit.

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AdmiralLogic

@strike_:

Currently being recorded by G.E.D camera crew:

James Merrarn had asked the director of STRIKE for an interview. He'd done it before with director Tyrus and intended on doing it again, this time on the Dreadnaught if he could. They waited at the point where they were supposed to be picked up by STRIKE to be moved there, seeing as it was a submersible vehicle they didn't exactly have the equipment to get there themselves. That and it would be simply a safer path in.

Although James didn't know too much about the new director he still had some memorized questions and topics he wanted to discuss with him. Would this strike be different? What would be the same? Would they do anything about the presidential election in the USA or the difficulty going on in France. Many topics to discuss. As always he wore his suit and as he waited he folded his hands behind his back. Although for him it was quite comfortable it almost looked like a military stance, not at attention but still a very military look.

(OOC: Hope this is fine.)

STRIKE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic:

Not long after Merrarn arrived, a submersible, though not the hulking Dreadnaught, emerged. The captain, flanked by three Rowan clones, emerged from inside. "Mister Merrarn? Director Tagg is expecting you. If you'd step aboard?" Once they'd boarded, it would only be a short ride to the Dreadnaught, which allowed them to dock, with the captain showing James to Tagg's office. He greeted the reporter warmly. "Mister Merrarn, isn't it? Good to see you. I understand you've met Director Tyrus, yes? Unfortunatly, I haven't had the pleasure to as of yet. Some sort of personal crusade. But that's unimportant. Is there anything in particular you wanted to talk about?"

(It's good. Hope you don't mind me moving you slightly, just to save a post.)

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AdmiralLogic

@strike_:

James had kept a not so subtle eye on everything. Memorizing, investigation with his eyes, thinking, planning, predicting, his usual self but with a bit more precision and calculation just in case.

Dang, he talks a lot! No that might just be me being introverted. It's not like that's an irregular thing for me to mistake that. He thought, although his face remained exactly the same. Just like a psychopath or professional liar he had to keep his thoughts inside his head and didn't naturally let them show. Only he wasn't quite so immoral as either of them.

"Good to meet you, Mister Tagg." He said, more out of formality, "Yes actually there is, a few things. First, I'd like to ask how you came to get the job as director? Second is what will be changing and what will remain the same in STRIKE?"

(That's fine. Works better that way.)

STRIKE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic:

"Well, I became Director for a few reasons. Primarily, talent. Few people in this line of work advance without being good at what they do. Secondly, my good friend Tyler Harmon... well, he didn't quite endorse me, so much as recommend me to the people in charge of this place. And to answer your second question, the first big changes are already happening. Thanks to Sam Washington, helicarriers are now a symbol of fear, so we moved to the Dreadnaught. And, thanks to the redoubtable mister Brian Rowan, we've bolstered our ranks, and they just keep expanding. He's a self-replicator, so any of his duplicates are expendable, but last forever, so we use them as crew and soldiers. In the long-term, we'll be restructuring internally, but that's mostly classified, and the only effects of it that the public will see will be myself, as Director."

_Razor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My activity is garbage (chose Xenoverse 2 over writing) if I manage to get back to writing though I'll probably drop someone in though. Do miss Vocal who'd been on Strike

Purveyor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strike_:

James considered it internally rerunning everything the man said through his mind.

"I see. Next set of questions," James said, "Would you endorse or make any actions about the current USA candidacy for president? Also will you be taking any actions about the difficulty that is happening in France with their president Quin Mercier who many see as someone who endorsed, publicly or not, anti mutant agendas?"

_Razor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@purveyor: >.> <.< i make no promises, distractions are distracting

STRIKE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic:

"I, personally, would endorse Severus Trajan for President, as I discussed the subject with Secretary Harmon some time ago, but STRIKE as a whole cannot endorse any candidate. That said, one of our members is related to one of the other candidates, Luna Hawk, so I suppose she'd be voting for her. Their choice. It remains to be seen if Mister Rowan can vote once with each of his duplicates," he joked.

"As for France, we'd of course like to quell the violence there, but we still haven't gotten our feet off of the ground, so to speak. However, again, I cannot speak for STRIKE on political matters."

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strike_:

Hm. An interesting choice. However it is good he said he cannot say STRIKE will endorse any one of them. James thought.

"I imagine he could not legally do so as it would be like voting for each of your fingers." James said honestly about Rowen.

"So, correct me if I'm wrong, you still require growth before you can intervene in France?" James asked, "Also there is another question about your growth. STRIKE has always been a bit mysterious to me no matter who was in charge. Can you tell me where you got the Dreadnaught?"

This was a question that if answered truthfully, depending on the answer, could change a lot of things and what was known about STRIKE. Of course with certain kinds of answers it would change very little. And with no answer at all hardly anything would change.

STRIKE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic:

"Essentially, yes. We're fairly understaffed, and the situation in France is so volatile that our intervention might do more harm than good. As for our Dreadnaught, we built it. The infrastructure came from some discontinued helicarriers, but the exterior was built by our very skilled technicians."

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AdmiralLogic

@strike_:

"And the resources to do these things? Even with all the materials it requires money to actually put it together." James asked, "And how can you keep it functioning as well? I'd assume something like this would require a lot of power to operate so you must be obtaining some form of resource that allows you to do so."

STRIKE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic:

"Well, we have funding from the United Nations, as well as a number of wealthy backers, such as one of our members, Xae, who also runs a company. Right now, it runs on plain old fuel, sadly. I know most mobile bases run on nGod juice or something similar these days, but not our Dreadnaught."

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strike_:

Sheesh. No wonder they won't be taking much action in France if any. James thought.

"Next. Will you be accepting and/or looking for others in what is best known as the 'hero community' like STRIKE has done before? Also would STRIKE be attempting to work with other governments or countries?" He asked.

STRIKE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic:

"Since we're understaffed at the moment in regards powered agents, we'll be looking for as many heroes as possible, of all kinds. And we hope to work with regional governments whenever possible, but I also wish not to be beholden to any particular country, as I don't want politics getting in the way of helping people."

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strike_:

"And will you be keeping out of any country that the government does not want you to be active in? And would you allow in the heroes who are considered criminals among their countries or other countries? Or perhaps only allow them to work in the countries they are not criminals in?"

STRIKE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic:

"Thankfully, our international mandate allows us to operate in any country where metahuman or mutant matters are causing trouble, so that won't be a problem. As for allowing criminals on the team, we can't, obviously, condone criminal activity, but superhumans are still persecuted in many countries, and we'd allow the obviously innocent on our teams, or at least defend the person in question, hopefully exonerate them and then hire them. Like the ACLU, but for metas."

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strike_:

Good choice of words

"Do you expect at any point to be as unreliant on others as STRIKE has been in the past or do you expect that would be too difficult and that you will require at least some assistance from things outside of STRIKE to maintain effeciency?"

STRIKE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic:

"For the most part, I think we'll be self-reliant, but having the assistance of others is always invaluable."

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strike_:

"Will STRIKE be taking part in any political matters whatsoever asides from when it directly endangers lives?" James asked.

STRIKE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic:

"Absolutely not. I have no problem with our agents speaking their minds, but the organization as a whole is neutral."

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strike_:

"Does STRIKE have contingencies for if any of their agents turn on them? And would STRIKE be willing to use lethal action whether against their own or others if it came to it?"

STRIKE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic:

"We have contingencies, though I trust our teams. And we are authorized to use lethal action, though I have cautioned our teams only to kill in matters of last resort."

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strike_:

"What course of action would you take should public opinion sway to get rid of you completely? "

STRIKE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic:

"The only thing that could cause STRIKE to disband is the United Nations deciding to disband us. There's no reason for a spot of bad PR to rid the world of us."

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strike_:

(OOC: Gonna post later. It's nice how fast this went compared to most of my others.)

STRIKE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hunter_Reed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like this alot.

STRIKE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-634b038e2fe89
deactivated-634b038e2fe89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strike_: I am submitting this character for recruitment. Look over his bio if you think he'll be a good fit or not. ^_^

STRIKE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superion_prime: We could use him, sure! Just post IC and we can make it official.

Avatar image for deactivated-634b038e2fe89
deactivated-634b038e2fe89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

STRIKE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers