Alpha_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251  Edited By Alpha_Dog

@strigidae_23:

The Dog returned her grin with a fanged one of his own. He'd worked for a lot of employers over his many years, and even liked a few of them, but Ivana was one of those extraordinarily rarities that he actually respected, or at least the closest he was able of coming to that. She wasn't some deluded megalomaniac or stuffed suit, staying squirreled away in an ivory tower while others died fighting her battles for her; anything she wanted, she took with her own blade and blood.

"Yeah, I heard rumblings 'bout the Cardz pullin' a fast one; takes guts to do somethin' like that. Suits me just fine; no fun in slicin' up a guy just to find out he's full of hot air. Mission suits me just fine, too, and all told, that Envy kid ain't half-bad in a scrap. I'm in." In truth, such missions were really the only ones someone like Dog was suited for. Murder and mayhem were his bread and butter. Stealth he could manage, but subtlety and finesse he lacked the patience for. He lived for the thrill of hunt, and the visceral satisfaction of the kill.

He paused for a moment, considering her offer of gear. He'd learned to use a number of weapons in his time, and had developed an appreciation for what different blades and such could do. He definitely preferred using his own fangs and claws; those kills always provided the most satisfaction. Still, vibranium didn't grow on trees, and he'd be a fool to pass up the opportunity to play with toys like that. "Maybe I'll drop by the armory, see what they got in my size."

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@alpha_dog: [ He's a true wildman hehe. I like that. You always give your characters really distinctive personalities and strong voices. ]

Alpha_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: [Thanks! He's fun to write, when I can get into the proper (or improper, I suppose) mindset.]

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ooohhh....

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_ Heya! Would Apex be interested in a home base or some logistical support? He seems like the kind of individual Venezuela would support.

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: If he needs a fallback, he'd definitely come to Venezuela. Right now, he's more concerned with taking over Russia.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_: Makes sense to me ~__^

Clutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I really want to make an alt for Strigidae's Orochi. Hmm.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By Strigidae_23

@clutch:

The Shogun’s black eyebrow climbed above the red blindfold that wrapped around her blinded eyes. Clutch had presented his back to her and walked, walked, toward his fallen comrade.

“Sure. I’ll wait.”

“Not.”

Every bone in her body screamed for her to strike while his back was turned.

And she did.

She lunged forward, intending to snatch the Wildcard in a suplex and shatter his skull against the stone floor. Mid-step a spark of pain bloomed in her abdomen. Nausea spread its tendrils through her belly.

‘Ribs,’ she thought.

Her flying and spinning attacks had placed her injured body under great stress. Though they had inflicted tremendous damage on her enemies the Wildcardz had injured her as well. Bodyshots always paid dividends later in the fight and the Human Hightlight Reel's masterful kicking combination had done just that, halting Ivana’s advance toward his back.

Her somatic reading allowed her to track the motion of Clutch’s hands, though she was nearly doubled over in pain and blind besides. The veteran mutant warrior knew he was moving something from his body to Tenjin’s body but she did not know what.

Until he hurled the Genshokage’s body.

A flash of sensation ran through her mind, like the shadow of a feeling. Impact, like a fist that slammed into her entire body at once followed by fiery agony. Then nothing.

It was a warning from her mutant nervous system reading; a warning from her own body a heartbeat in the future.

It was enough.

The Shogun spun into a crouch, her back to the flying body.

The explosion was tremendous. Fire boiled the water. A thunderclap roared through the tunnel. Dust fell from the roof and cracks raced up the stone walls.

Hell came to earth. Green and gold flames burned so hot they scarred stone. The scent of burned ozone filled the air. Steam, blistering hot, filled the tunnel.

Tongues of white hot fire licked at Ivana’s vibranium suit. Raw heat clawed at her face and throat but she had wrapped her vibranium weave cloak around her head. The shockwave fell upon her like the hammer of titan. The grandmaster felt her vibranium armor shudder as it absorbed the vast quantity of kinetic energy. Unfocused, undirected, it could not penetrate through her armor the way Clutch’s precision kicks had.

But an explosion of such power was more than just fire and a hammer. It also sent a wave of pressure through the atmosphere. Ivana still had to breath and as long as she breathed she was exposed to the wave of pressure that slapped through the tissues and fluids of her body.

Once more her repeatedly broken ribs came back to haunt her. For a moment Ivana simply went numb from the base of her rib-cage down. The mind could only process so much pain. Then, for a moment that seemed an eternity, she couldn't breathe.

She knew she was seriously injured.

Once more her mutant ability to read somatic systems warned her of the Martial Arts Phenom's drop kick. Spinning she drove her injured right arm downward in a Gedan-Barai block. The powerful karate technique knocked his legs off line, deflecting the kick and sparing her battered midsection from yet another impact.

The masterful acrobatic maneuvers of the Wicked Wildcard saw him dive backwards into a roll and rise with guns blazing.

A smirk touched the hard features of Ivana’s face as her somatic reading told her of every move of his hand, which told the veteran warrior the exact path of each bullet.

The twenty third Strigdae drew with a flash of steel, just as she had done years ago in the towers of Kamelot.

Her blade sang the song of steel as it soared through the air. Seven bullets were cleaved in half mid flight. Laughter rang from the lips of the Blind Shogun-

-then, at the apex of her bullet-deflecting cut her injured arm gave way. Clutch’s chain-blade and Tenjin’s poisoned sword had carved too deeply, damaging both muscle and bone in a way that no amount of technique could compensate for.

Her blade flew from her grip as her fingers went numb. Pride had its price.

A torrent of fire slammed into her body. Vibranium did its job; bullets touched her armor and fell straight to the ground, kinetic energy absorbed.

But not every bullet flew toward her body.

Her face a mask of pure focus the grandmaster twitched and wove, somatic reading and raw explosiveness on display as she slipped and swayed around fully automatic fire the way a boxer avoided a flurry.

The Future Soldier reloaded and opened fire again.

Even Ivana could not dodge them all. Red hot lead snipped off her left ear-lobe in a red spray. Another left a bloody line where it grazed her scalp.

And one pierced her neck.

She tasted blood.

It bubbled past her lips.

Her left fist snapped shut. Bloodbending. Crimson fluid hardened into tubes of solid hemoglobin that blood could flow through. Non-vital vessels were crushed shut with brute force.

It saved her life. For now.

The Shogun snatched one of her silver-tungsten alloyed tantos from her left boot. Mutant power infused the blade with tachyons, giving it the ability to cut through anything short of true adamantum.

Her right arm dangled uselessly at her side. Blood smeared the tattoos that covered her neck and dripped from her lips. Something was wrong inside her torso; something bad.

But her left arm was fine and her legs were fine.

The time for flashy techniques was over. Ivana just wanted speed and brutal simplicity.

And speed she had.

Knives were the swiftest bladed weapon. The Shogun might not have been the fastest mutant alive but she could very well be the quickest.

She tapped into Oceptratron. It was an esoteric style with one master and one practitioner: Ivana. The grandmaster had created it and she was the only soul who knew its secrets.

Oceptratron gave you one thing: instant acceleration. When an object accelerates normally it must start from one speed and accelerate up to its maximum speed. A car starts at zero miles per hour. Then it moves at one, then two, then three, and so on and so on until it is moving as fast as it can.

Oceptratron allowed Ivana to start at zero.. and then accelerate to her maximum speed without crossing the intervening speeds. She didn’t go zero to sixty. She went zero, then sixty.

There was no blur.

There was no flash.

One moment Ivana was standing several yards from Clutch and the next she was standing in front of him, her crimson cape cracking like a whip behind her.

The Shogun’s tachyon infused tanto flashed straight down. Whip-crack quick. Driven by the colossal speed the mutant grandmaster could generate it aimed to cleave through Clutch’s shoulder, carving through muscle and bone to separate his humerus from his scapula in a spray of gore.

Regardless of the cuts success or failure her blade flickered out once more, singing steels deathsong in the steam filled air as it left a silver after-image in the sky. Its all-cutting edge targeted the side of Clutch’s skull, intending to hack through his head at eye level, slashing through his skull, both eyes and brain, if successful.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clutch said:

I really want to make an alt for Strigidae's Orochi. Hmm.

[ And that would be awesome, by the way. ]

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23:

No Caption Provided

The position of Venezuela's finance minister while certainly one that Rafael was grateful for, was one that he had accepted not simply for the sake of feeling that he was arguably the most qualified, but because that was Ivana needed of him, and what the 23rd Strigidae required of him, provided it was within reason, he would do. That was the magnitude of his devotion to her. Seated at his desk, encompassed by a palatial office, and clad in the onyx, three-piece Armani suits he further popularized during his time as an MVP global superstar, Rafael reviewed documents detailing Venezuela's domestic and international financial, economic, and tax policy as well as adding what he could to improve the nation's broad fiscal policies.

It was upon completing his priorities, at least for that particular moment, that Rafael sought to contact the Shogun. "Ivana", he would begin should she answer the phone call, his relaxed voice speaking with it's swaggering mystique and flair that just oozed cool and control, "It's Rafael. Can I come see you? There's something I want to talk to you about". And indeed there was. Following the prevention of France's attempted takeover by Darkchild, rumors of another attempt on a nation began to circulate, these however, were rumors that the Panther King simply could not ignore. At the forefront of these whispers were suggestions that it was members of the Wildcardz spearheading the rumored attempt on Tokyo.

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23:

Cassius held his head high as he strolled into the mutant capital of the world. His name having no doubt reached the people of Venezuela. His last visit to the country left him near death and crawling for safety, he hoped for a much safer visit on this occasion. Walking slowly along a cobbled path flanked by what appeared to be hundreds of drilling Orochi, training as a wave like the old days. An intimidating sight even for someone coming in peace. Venezuela south America flavor becoming somewhat of an undertone the city in which Cassius now stood reminding him vividly of his time in Japan. Whilst it had far less poverty than Ronins Rest the feudal tribesman aura of eastern influences was so rich in the air it could choke the unexpecting.

Bowing his head towards two larger guards standing between him and a door at the paths end. Cassius rose and spoke in an unwavering voice his nerves buried deep beneath the mask. " I' am here to see Ivana. My name is Cassius Knightfall, i do not have an appointment."

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vinnie_tahoe

"...You.", the word laced in a light slavic accent hits Vin's ears and all his focus immediately turns back to the blind Shogun. She was younger than him, but she was already leading a nation. Just by the looks he could tell she was a seasoned warrior. She gave much to reach this position and her scars ran much deeper than those of the Suave Survivor. Vincent wished not to disrespect her, but unlike her he was a theif. Only a scoundrel with uncanny luck. Nothing special, he felt would not be of much use.

"Heh...Alright., 'boss'. But I will need my stuff back. All of it.", he agreed under a false tone of self-confidence ,but demanded his equipment back. His only failsafe was the amulet he borrowed from the Venezuelan palace, before being so rudely knocked out. Afterall, even his luck had it's limits and what use is an empty container of luck against bullets? And magic...he almost forgot about the fact that the theives had a mage in their ranks. Vincent would want to take a look into the Royal Library if he found the time.

"Sooo. Do I have to kneel so you can make this official or do you just want to introduce me to my new colleagues?", he jokingly remarks about the English queen while his signature smile curls up his lips.

"Swing by the armory when you're done here. They'll have all your things and you can pick up whatever you think you'll need for the mission too." Ivana had no intention of keeping his possessions. Not out of any sense of moral obligation but simply because Ivana didn't need them.. Ivana needed him to accomplish his mission. Missions required tools.

"Heh." She chuckled. "No, no kneeling. I'm not big on formalities." Outside the dojo Ivana had little use for ritual.

"I'm afraid I don't have time to make the introductions. But you can meet@_envy_and @alpha_dogin the deployment zone before your plane takes off."

"Good to have you on the team and good luck."

With a short nod Ivana turned, robes whirling behind her, and made her exit. She would instruct the Armory to return his possessions and allow him access to whatever tools or weapons he requested. The guard would grant him free roam of the palace along with a pass that allowed him to travel freely in Venezuela.

@rafael_romeiro

Rafael's smooth tones echoed through Ivana's golden helm.

"Sure. Be right there."

In contrast her own English was accented and raspy, her body not quite recovered from the back to back battles on the Bridge and with the Wildcardz. The plethora of wounds and injuries had taken its toll.

The Shogun floated slowly back to earth, ending the meditation session. She felt a slight pain in her ribs but ignored it.

The NA-AU technique had allowed Ivana to program her subconscious mind with a spatial map of the palace. Just as one could reach the steering wheel, gear shift and peddles of a car one owned for years with ones eyes closed Ivana could walk through the hallways with confidence, instinctively reaching for doorknobs, wall-mounted keypads and the like without consciously thinking about it. Combined with her helm concealing her features this has begin the rummer that she was no longer blind or that her helm granted her sight again. Ivana did nothing to dispel these rummers.

Soon she arrived at Rafael's stylish office. The Shogun tapped twice on the door and entered, closing it behind her and removing her mask.

Running her fingers through her matted ponytail and adjusting her blindfold she asked-

"What's up?"

@cassius_knightfall

Big, bulky men clad in the traditional red of the Orochi clan and armed with large nodachi blades both men looked at Cassius impassively. Brutal training had left their ears cauliflowered and their noses bent. Blade-scars criss-crossed their knuckles.

One reached up to press his earpiece, the lazy afternoon sun gleaming off his ritually shaved head.

For a moment there was silence. Then the guard looked down at Cassius, giving him a short nod of respect as his orders came through his earpiece.

He tapped a few buttons on the keypad behind him. The high tech armored door opened with the quiet whir of hydraulics. Typical of the new Venezuela; traditional eastern styling and exotic shinobi warriors seamlessly mixed with advanced technology and vast wealth.

"Just inside the hallway there's a row of elevators. Take the ones on the left. You don't have to press any buttons; it will take you right to the Shogun's floor."

A short walk over a glossy black marble floor with a crimson rug creating a walkway and a considerably longer ride in an elevator of alloyed titanium and tempered glass and Cassius would emerge in Ivana's private dining room.

It was vast, a long hallway of granite stone and steel, adorned only with the crimson banners of the Orochi. Harsh and spartan it often served for the Shogun to feast with her warriors while the Shinobi affirmed their warrior bonds through honor duels at the foot of the table.

Today it was empty save for Ivana and Arrachtach. The twenty third Strigidae wore her matte black vibranium armor, golden helm setting beside her as she ate. A red blindfold was wrapped around her eyes, matching the red of the cape which flowed from her shoulders and pooled upon the floor. Her plate was half filled with cubes of concentrated nutrients, designed to fuel an enhanced body with vast metabolic needs.

The blue furred Arrachtach set at her left, absorbed in the technical details that flooded his touchscreen, grease and chemical stains spotting his white labcoat.

Tattoos adorned her fingers as she waved the Knightfall over, her gauntlets having been removed to eat.

"Ah! Cassius. I'm glad you've stopped by. Come on over. Have a seat. Are you hungry? I can have the chef fix whatever you like." The blind queen said, her laid back greeting contrasting strongly with the strict aesthetic of the nation.

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23:

Internally surprised that Ivana had come to his office, Rafael met the Shogun's arrival with a subtle inclination of the head, not that she could see it, it was simply a moment of instinct. "I'm a bit flattered that you were the one to come here", he remarked with a faint but cool smile, implicitly highlighting his original intention of visiting her office. "To answer your question", he began, calmly removing his tie with his left hand as his mesmeric, mystifying chocolate eyes scanned Ivana's features, "The season of empire-grabbing seems to be upon us". And he certainly wasn't pleased by it. Ivana's successful takeover of Venezuela was almost prophetic, it was a messianic accomplishment necessary for the future prosperity of mutant-kind.

The others however, Darkchild's attempt on France, and now this rumored attempt on Tokyo by members of the Wildcardz, it was becoming problematic. "Soon after that thing's attempt on France, another guy emerges apparently. Two if the rumors are true. The first guy I don't know who he is, I've never heard of him. The second guy though, is the one you killed, Tenjin of the Wildcardz. If that is any indication, it implies that he possesses some means of coming back to life. But also that the Wildcardz might be involved in this Tokyo takeover", he paused, taking a moment to coolly inhale his office's perfumed air before fortifying his poise with an exhale. "I plan to stop them dead in their tracks". Gazing upon Ivana's wounds, a measure of concern overtook the Panther King's voice, one noticeable only by those who knew him well.

"You're not fully healed", he pointed out. He had no means of acquiring any form of healing power. Had Ishin never eradicated the Keijijo Clan and annihilated the monastery, Rafael could have studied and mastered the healing properties of the clan's unique brand of aquakinesis. Rafael however, didn't live in the hypothetical. "But I need you with me again in Tokyo. You're the best. Nobody else can keep up. And to ruin the chance of one of the Wildcardz's premier members to conquer Tokyo would be a fitting form of vengeance", Rafael reasoned, before again allowing a subtle smile to decorate his beautiful Adonic features. "Besides, I like you with me", and indeed he did, he felt that in battle they couldn't be stopped. "Eventually, we'll have to develop a long-term plan to deal with these rampant takeovers. You never know when someone stupid will try to target us next".

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: ( Thanks only a little scene setter)

Taking in the minimalist feudal style of the exposed woods and rice paper style doors Cassius walked up to the table at Ivana's request. Pausing for a second at her question, his mask would hinder the welcome gesture. Unaccustomed to removing his mask so freely but unwilling to make what would could be an foolishly offense gesture his left hand raised to the underside of his chin. Clicking and sliding the hidden catch under his jaw before grabbing it firmly and raising the mask in a smooth jerk over his head and placing it on the tables counter.

" Some Ramen would be great, thanks. I assume your chef is as culturally accurate as your interior designer. Oh and please forgive the placement of my mask. I don't like to leave it out of sight. Old habits."

Taking a seat with his mask facing outwards at his flank. As Cassius waited patiently for his food he brought up the matter at hand, the purpose of his visit.

" Pardon me for turning this pleasant lunch into a business meeting. But i have come here to talk to you about this wonder metal, Vibranium isn't it?. I am interested in seeing what it can do, and should you be open to offers negotiate a deal in utalising this material and your craftsman. If what i have heard is true i don't wish to place a superior metal in the hands of lesser smiths. My designs would require artistry to match this metals traits."

As Cassius finished his proposition a piping hot bowl of ramen was placed ahead of him. A strong cocktail of spring onion, stock, chicken noodles and bamboo shoot filled the maskless Knightfalls nostrils. Nodding towards the direction of his server and picking up a pair of chopsticks before tucking in to his food.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafael_romeiro:

"I'm not really into formalities." Ivana had never worked a regular job one day in her life. She was raised the daughter of two supervillains and was unfamiliar with the social mores and customs of the workplace.

Even if she had she been may have ignored them; the Strigidae had always preferred to live her life her way.

"Yeah, empires are the new black." The Shogun grinned as she leaned back against the wall, crossing her gauntlets over her armored chest.

A black eyebrow raised as Rafael told her of Tenjin's apparent return to life. "Huh. Damn. You know.. I was pretty sure he was dead. Brain shredded, body blown into paste on the wall. That's about as dead as it gets."

She thought about this news. If Tenjin had truly returned from the grave he was more deadly than she had first anticipated. It was clear to her she would need extraordinary measures to put the Cybernetic Shinobi down. That was something she would speak with Arrachtach about. There was no sense in wasting their prep time, after all.

"No I'm not. But it'll be alright." The Strigidae was hurt worse than she let on. Battle after battle, not against one foe, but against groups of powerful and skillful enemies had worn her down.

"Thanks." She replied with a genuine smile. "We make a good team."

"Yep. I'll talk to Arrachtach and see if he can come up with something. Would be conquerors are crawling out of the woodwork. Its going to wear us down eventually."

"Still, the return of Tenjin concerns me more than the armies of would be conquerors. A single great warrior is a bigger threat than a thousand average warriors."

@cassius_knightfall

"Sure." The Shogun tapped the collar of her underarmor and muttered instructions for the chef to prepare the dish Cassius had requested.

"Don't worry about the mask. A warrior has to keep track of their tools." A principle which her parents had drilled into her at a young age and which was instilled in every Orochi recruit. Besides, the blind Strigidae could not even see his mask.

Arrachtach was lost deep within the world of formula, semantics and theory, only glance up once to offer Cassius a short nod before returning to his touchscreen. The cubes of condensed nutrients rapidly disappeared as Ivana devoured them while they awaited Cassius's dish. Her body had been wounded by back to back battles with fearsome foes and desperately needed fuel to heal.

Soon Cassius's dish arrived and the conversation turned to vibranium.

The mutant warrior remembered the stories of the ferocity Cassius had assaulted Charlemagne as well as their time together on the Shadow Squad. His brother, Andres, had been a friendly in the days when no one knew Ivana's name. Though she had considered many of the Knightfalls decadent and indulgent Cassius was clearly not cut from that cloth.

"Yeah, sure thing. I'll let the forges know to expect you and to work with you. There's no need to work out a deal; consider it payment for being an enemy of Charlemagne."

"Actually if you want you can stick around. Train with the Orochi. Get your hands on some of the stuff in our armory. Venezuela always has need of men with your skillset and experience. I've even got a little team of fellows who get things done, if you're looking for a job. Pays pretty well too."

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By Rafael_Romeiro

@strigidae_23:

"I've noticed", Rafael remarked in relaxed jest, a poised smile briefly curling upon his Adonic features. "And noticed that as well", he continued, subtly shaking his head in subtle amusement at the apparent trend of empire claiming. "It's alarming. I'm concerned about Tenjin, but also about someone making an attempt on Venezuela. This country has only recently been under your leadership and we're still in the process of an overhaul of Venezuela's economic and monetary policies. Someone attacking would push back our progress", he reasoned, rising to both feet yet still maintaining his gaze on the 23rd Strigidae. "And Tenjin well, someone who can presumably return from the dead is clearly a person to watch out for".

Indulging in a moment of brief silence as the smooth inflection of his Portuguese accent echoed all about, the Panther King continued. "It's interesting because I have no doubt that you did kill him. You don't strike me as someone who would handle her enemies sloppily", he paused, again smiling mildly in partial jest, both habits he found more facile when in Ivana's presence. There was a level of comfort he experienced that allowed him to be less reserved but not quite as open as he could be. The connection however, he couldn't refute. "You and Arrachtach will come up with something, I'm sure. While you two do your research, I'll conduct my own. I've been searching for any traces of the Impero's clan. They were masters of harnessing esoteric energies for the purpose of healing. Healing that can be used to restore both your eyesight and my aerokinesis. But so far, I've found nothing. They've become impossible to track".

"Thank you"

And it made sense, Ishin had done everything in his power to eradicate the clan. Though Rafael remained confident that in due time he would uncover something of value. "In the meantime, I suppose I can devote my energy into making good of the surplus of vibranium we have. Something that can stop Tenjin from coming back every time you or someone else kills him". Taking yet another pause, the Portuguese allowed his curiosity to get the better of him and asked a question that had been on the back of his mind for quite some time. "Ivana, you're the perfect warrior. Resourceful. Cold and ruthless. Uninhibited in the field of battle but still able to remain technically sound. You destroy your enemies in ways I thought few, if anyone could. When the Wildcardz betrayed you, you weren't at all hesitant in making an example of them, Tenjin in particular. It's left me curious as to why you were so forgiving in my case. When I first came to you to explain myself and assist you in taking Venezuela, I was fully expecting you to attack. And then talk afterwards. You didn't. Thank you", he smiled, genuinely grateful, "But I've always wondered why".

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By Strigidae_23

Vespa

The ancient Strigidae art of pressure points.

Blinded in the Battle of the Bridge, in which Ivana seized the Throne of Venezuela and forged the Shogunate, Ivana never saw the fruits of her labors for she dwelled in a world of absolute darkness.

However this isolation within herself gave her increased focus and awareness of her own body. Absent the constant distractions of the outside world the Strigidae grandmaster begin to attain a higher level of connection with her own body almost immediately.

This increased awareness of her own body gave her fine appreciation of the bodies weak points. Her attention captured Ivana sought out the ancient texts and esoteric scrolls of long dead Strigidae masters.

Diligent study paid dividends, as did her mastery of NA-AU, which gave her complete awareness of, and control over, her autonomic, somatic and cognitive systems. She was able to delve into her own procedural memory and accelerate the rate at which she learned, removing minor errors in technique and transferring knowledge she had read in a book to practical skills she could execute in combat.

The first level of Vespa knowledge is general knowledge of the bodies weak points and where to strike them. For example the precise angle to strike the jaw to cause a knockout or the exact position to finish a choke hold. Many warriors find this level to be sufficient, for with it bones can be shattered, enemies rendered unconscious with ease and even killed with a single elegant strike.

However trust mastery brings a plethora of abilities that is far beyond that of the realitively simple knowledge the adept possesses. A master of Vespa can inflict paralysis on a limb, organ, or even the entire body with the correct series of nerve strikes.

In addition a master of Vespa can target esoteric abilities. For example chakra can be targeted, cutting the victim off from their Chi and removing their access to their Chi based abilities. During the era of the Imperos and their devastating elemental bending power this was a technique desperately sought after by the enemies of the Impero and his or her clan.

Magical power can also be targeted in much the same way. These techniques are not as wide spread, yet still known to the Strigidae. By targeting vital points a magician can be cut off from the source of their power, just as a Chi user can be cut off their Chi.

Blood Awareness

3D map of vascular system

With the loss of her primary sense, her eyesight, Ivana was forced to improvise. As the Shogun of a nation under constant siege she knew she would face battle again, and did before her wounds had the time to heal.

Ivana turned to her greatest talent: bloodbending. Taught by the Impero (Ishin) himself the Strigidae discovered she had a vast talent for the forbidden art. After being blinded this talent served her well in the development of a new ability.

Using her bloodbending prowess she reaches out and connects with the blood that runs through another's body. Rather than making an active attack she taps into an automatic routine written into her subconscious mind by her NA-AU technique. This routine automatically 'senses' blood as it moves through the body, feeding the information to the spatial portion of her brain that interprets the data, creating a 3D picture of the individual's vascular system in her mind.

The Shogun can even use this information to discover the attributes and sometimes the powers of her enemies. For example great strength often includes a heart of equal power. Nanotech in the bloodstream dilutes the blood. Superspeed can require blood to flow at a rapid pace to fuel muscles which use tremendous energy. Combined with her mutant ability to read Somatic systems this can give her a vast amount of information on her foes, even while blind.

_Envy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(I'll drop a post tonight after work.)

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassius you treacherous bastard! Making deals with the enemy.

Avatar image for the_shinobi_shadowphax
The_Shinobi_Shadowphax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vespa

Blinded in the Battle of the Bridge, in which Ivana seized the Throne of Venezuela and forged the Shogunate, Ivana never saw the fruits of her labors for she dwelled in a world of absolute darkness.

However this isolation within herself gave her increased focus and awareness of her own body. Absent the constant distractions of the outside world the Strigidae grandmaster begin to attain a higher level of connection with her own body almost immediately.

This increased awareness of her own body gave her fine appreciation of the bodies weak points. Her attention captured Ivana sought out the ancient texts and esoteric scrolls of long dead Strigidae masters.

Diligent study paid dividends, as did her mastery of NA-AU, which gave her complete awareness of, and control over, her autonomic, somatic and cognitive systems. She was able to delve into her own procedural memory and accelerate the rate at which she learned, removing minor errors in technique and transferring knowledge she had read in a book to practical skills she could execute in combat.

The first level of Vespa knowledge is general knowledge of the bodies weak points and where to strike them. For example the precise angle to strike the jaw to cause a knockout or the exact position to finish a choke hold. Many warriors find this level to be sufficient, for with it bones can be shattered, enemies rendered unconscious with ease and even killed with a single elegant strike.

However trust mastery brings a plethora of abilities that is far beyond that of the realitively simple knowledge the adept possesses. A master of Vespa can inflict paralysis on a limb, organ, or even the entire body with the correct series of nerve strikes.

In addition a master of Vespa can target esoteric abilities. For example chakra can be targeted, cutting the victim off from their Chi and removing their access to their Chi based abilities. During the era of the Imperos and their devastating elemental bending power this was a technique desperately sought after by the enemies of the Impero and his or her clan.

Magical power can also be targeted in much the same way. These techniques are not as wide spread, yet still known to the Strigidae. By targeting vital points a magician can be cut off from the source of their power, just as a Chi user can be cut off their Chi.

Blood Awareness

With the loss of her primary sense, her eyesight, Ivana was forced to improvise. As the Shogun of a nation under constant siege she knew she would face battle again, and did before her wounds had the time to heal.

Ivana turned to her greatest talent: bloodbending. Taught by the Impero (Ishin) himself the Strigidae discovered she had a vast talent for the forbidden art. After being blinded this talent served her well in the development of a new ability.

Using her bloodbending prowess she reaches out and connects with the blood that runs through another's body. Rather than making an active attack she taps into an automatic routine written into her subconscious mind by her NA-AU technique. This routine automatically 'senses' blood as it moves through the body, feeding the information to the spatial portion of her brain that interprets the data, creating a 3D picture of the individual's vascular system in her mind.

The Shogun can even use this information to discover the attributes and sometimes the powers of her enemies. For example great strength often includes a heart of equal power. Nanotech in the bloodstream dilutes the blood. Superspeed can require blood to flow at a rapid pace to fuel muscles which use tremendous energy. Combined with her mutant ability to read Somatic systems this can give her a vast amount of information on her foes, even while blind.

Luv it

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23:

"An enemy of Lebeau you say. Well in that case, we have a deal, and a common enemy." Pausing for a second to take a another spoon of the hot brothy soup as he nodded approvingly at the go ahead to consult the master Vibranium smiths. Savoring the taste of his meal before continuing the discussion.

"You will have to excuse me, but i must ask. What sort of job?. You will no doubt remember the last pitch to work for someone i was involved in ended up with my niece and i in a cell eight hours a day and a bomb grafted into my head. So i have become somewhat nervy in accepting offers, even ones as generous and seemingly inoffensive as your own. I also must warn you i took a few rounds in Venezuela i may not be the same man you met anymore."

Cassius shocking himself a little with the truthful nature of his words, his statement having never been consciously uttered yet his mind knew it to be possibly true.

"I am not hard up for money though Madam Shogun, but should the shoe fit i will happily take some off your hands."

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 Zauberin  Moderator

No matter what side you're on, who your enemy is, everyone hates LeBeau.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zauberin: Indeed, he must have some allies but i can't think of any right now.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@cassius_knightfall: Which thread was it you were having trouble recovering posts/interactions from?

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@izaiah: Knightfall Musuem thread mate. I got my posts but cant get anything else.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@izaiah: Tried it man, thanks though.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282  Edited By Strigidae_23

@rafael_romeiro:

"That's something I've worried about too." Ivana replied, still leaning against the wall with her arms crossed.

"The strength of the Shogunate is, well, strength. The strongest rules. We do not delude ourselves; the universes iron laws of power infuse our nation and teach our people to reach within themselves. For within a nation of mutants lies true power; mutant power."

"But that comes with the danger of instability at the top. Leadership changes too quickly.. and we're in trouble. Even with vibranium. Markets can't handle instability. Courts and laws can't handle it. Infrastructure can't handle it. Repeated and rapid change is shock to the system and the system can be damaged."

The air-conditioned air of Rafael's office was cool and still as the Shogun fell silent for a moment.

"That's my greatest fear. Tossing the country into chaos by being defeated by a challenger too early in my reign. I've pushed myself harder than ever before, driven myself farther in battle and taken myself to another level. I don't accept my best from myself anymore. I have to transcend everything I've ever done."

"I'm fighting alliances, I'm fighting teams and I'm fighting groups now. I'm fighting them back to back, still injured from the last battle and they have preparation. So I have to create a new masterpiece every time."

"Sometimes I wonder if its burning me up. Like, I'm using too much of myself and, healing or no, something will give. But I don't think that's true. I think I'm evolving into something new. Martially, I mean. Something that's never been seen before."

She shrugged, unable to articulate the full depth of her thoughts on her martial challenges and growth. Language was not meant to carry intricate martial concepts and Ivana had reached the point where it was difficult, if not impossible, for her to communicate her true opinions. The concepts she thought in were alien to human language.

Her attention turned to the Impero as his clan was mentioned. "Ah yeah. I trained with him several times. If he wants to hide something he's got a lot of abilities to hide it with. Smart guy, and he thinks deeply about things. He'll be tough to find, even with the Shogunate's resources."

"Good." The Strigidae answered at the mention of a method to bring down Tenjin. "Deadly enemy. I was about four inches from having one arm and whatever poison he used crippled me most of the rest of the battle."

A little chuckle escaped her. "You're welcome. And there were a couple of reasons. The first was strategic. I knew I was going into battle soon and I knew it would be against an army. I've seen you wrestle. You're not some guy whose super speed is just going to let me take him out faster. You're smart and you don't lose it in battle. And I didn't have vibranium then, so I was a lot more vulnerable to speed and power, which you have in spades. I'm confident but not an idiot; I didn't want to fight you, then hours later fight an army of human heroes."

"The second reason is because you just betrayed me. And yeah, it hurt. I was pretty pissed off there for a while. But time passed. I cooled down a bit and thought about it some. You never turned your back on mutant kind the way the Wildcardz did. Our issue was personal. It wasn't about the cause, just you and me. Venezuela was about the cause. The lives of millions of mutants and the only safe place on earth for our kind matters more than me getting my feelings hurt once."

@cassius_knightfall

"Oh yeah, I remember. Things weren't easy on you there. Well, I can promise this won't be anything like that. More like a penthouse suite, a big paycheck every week with bonus hazard pay when you have a mission, plus bounties if you take out any enemies of the mutant cause like LeBeau."

She waved a tattooed hand as she continued. "Full medical of course and a good life insurance package. All the stuff you would expect working for the highest level of a wealthy government."

"Missions wise its the stuff you're probably use to by now. Go here, shoot these cybernetic ninjas and those insane telepaths. The little wars in the night no one ever hears about. Enemies that are only myths in battles that are shadows and smoke. Probably all stuff you are use too by now."

"Ahhh." The Shogun shrugged off his comment about his injuries. "We've got a guy that can bench press ten cars and Rafael, if you remember him from the MVP's. More strength and speed isn't really what I need. I need veterancy. I need somebody that's been around a long time and knows the lay of the metahuman land. That's you, if you're interested."

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23:

"Well thats a hard offer to refuse. I have only two comments. If you're looking for someone to take out Lebeau i'am 0-2 on my attempts, that's not a good average. But i got a few more attempts in me." Cassius having no idea where Charlemagne currently resided or even the b*stard Lucien. But he has already scratched down some ideas on how to try and once and for all end the Lebeau legacy once and for all.

"Your proposition sounds intriguing. But i do see one potential stumbling block. I don't see powered individuals like your man Rafael or this powerhouse lifter listening to me. I'm no threat to them and my reputation is not what many, if any would truly admire. They won't fear me and if they have a strong moral compass may not respect me either. Without fear or respect a group won't work. I' am a planner or a fly by the seat of my pants fighter i can't see many sitting comfortably with that, its somewhat chaotic"

Cassius thought for a second before adding

"Perhaps i should meet them and talk about it. See if there is anything we could work with"

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23:

It was certainly an alarming development, the recent surge of territory claims. "A lot of damage could be done if we're forced to fight off takeover attempt after takeover attempt. This is a country that is still rebuilding. Exhausting our resources fighting pointless wars would be disastrous", Rafael paused in full agreement with Ivana's remarks. "As a society, we need to buy as much military insurance as we need. But to spend more than that would waste money that could have been used to improve the economy's productivity with more efficient transportation systems, a better educated citizenry. The military spending we'd succumb to would divert our resources from productive uses and it would slow down economic growth and reduce employment".

"That is what worries me. Not the people trying to take over, but how these invasions, even if they fail, would affect us". It was something the Panther King had concentrated his thoughts on and was currently developing a long-term plan for. "It seems", Rafael paused, crossing both arms before his chest as a smile that oozed his cool and mystifying flair followed, "That you've become a trend-setter, Ivana. People seem eager to replicate your success elsewhere. But you won't be defeated by a challenger", he affirmed, "That I can promise you". Not only did he have complete and total faith in the Shogun's ability as a warrior as well as her status as the globe's pound for pound best, but he didn't believe that there were many, if any who could withstand him in the field of battle. Especially if he was joined by the Shogun herself.

"You're the best I have ever seen. And you improve at an alarming rate. You live by your skill and ability to evolve alone. It is as I said before, you're the perfect warrior. And I may sound arrogant for saying it but", he shrugged, "Nobody can wrestle me. I'm too fast. Too strong. Too good. If I decide to take someone to the ground and keep them there, I will. If I decide to plow someone through this end of the planet and exit through the other, I will. I only have one level, Ivana, and it's one hundred. Individually it's difficult to bet against us", Rafael paused. "But together? I don't think it's hyperbolic to say that we're unstoppable together". And he certainly believed they were, he hadn't a reason to be believe otherwise. Briefly touching on the topic of the Impero or rather former Impero's elusiveness, Rafael nodded, "Very tough to find. Maybe impossible to find unless he wants to be found. But I will". He had to. His hope to again harness the power of air and return Ivana's ability to see depended on it.

Raising his left brow in mild curiosity, Rafael murmured, "Poison?", before resuming. "He seemed to have planned well for you. I would have liked to examine this poison. Maybe I can make something out of it". Rafael was a genius. An attribute of his that was often overlooked. Unfortunately he didn't possess the seemingly limitless resources of an Andres Knightfall or Santiago Porthos to develop the technology that he'd like. He had to make due with what he had. But with a wealth of vibranium for him to access, the possibilities were now limitless. "So it wasn't because you were fond of me?", he jested, a soft chuckle escaping him for a moment. "I'm glad you saw that. That the mutant cause was bigger than you and me", and it had always been a priority of his. Even during their time with the MVP's, upon first meeting Ivana, he made it clear the mutant cause was something personal to him.

"I live and breathe for the mutant cause. I would never turn my back on it. And I would never hurt your feelings, again", he pointed out. "And for the cause I'll go to Tokyo to stop Tenjin and whoever else he brings with him. I'd like for you to come but I'm concerned", he paused, "About your health. Venezuela needs you alive. Mutant-kind needs you alive. I need you alive. Is the wear and tear on your body too much or do you think you can make it to Tokyo?".

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall: [ Ohh, coolness. I look forward to seeing those. Their kind of an iconic part of the HoF at this point. ]

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: No worries, bella. I'm editing this bio anyway so no rush :)

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: ( thanks still playing with them as considered a new HOF base design.

Avalonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was one of my best bios

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291  Edited By Strigidae_23

The blind kensai stood in on a platform of polished stone and open sky. A dozen Orochi circled around her, a ring of red spiraling around a black statue.

Polished steel gleamed in fingers wrapped in crimson cloth and the only sound was the wind; the shinobi were as silent as the grave.

The attacked as one. Steel hummed in the cool breeze, and kiai shout's sent bright colored birds fluttering across the deep blue of the sky.

Feet flashed and hands flew. The Shogun became a whirlwind of disarms, footwork and throws. Bodies thumped into the stone floor like a red rain. Strigidae twenty three was untouched.

The last fell. Ivana turned away, presenting their back to them as they climbed to their, groaning and collecting their scattered weapons.

"Again."

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall

"That's alright. A man like Charlemagne.. its tough to put him down for good no matter who you are. I'm a practical woman; its about pressure. Keeping him busy, strengthening his enemies, interfering with his plans. This isn't a chess game that will end in a couple of moves. It'll go on for a while."

LeBeau's. They had been a pain in the side of the mutant cause for so long Ivana could barely remember a time without them. Amaranth had underestimated them; just one man, he said. Andres had paid for that error in judgement with his life. Ivana refused to make the same mistake.

The blind kensai nodded and chuckled as he expressed his concerns. "No, I get it. I haven't clicked with every team either."

"Besides, you're right; Rafael wouldn't listen to you. But he's.. kind of his own thing. His powers aren't really built for the subtle missions and all the tweets and YouTube videos whenever he shows up tend to blow his cover anyway."

She nodded. "That sounds reasonable. We're going to head to Japan to head off another one of these empires in a day or so anyway- feel free to tag along. You can see if you want to work with the team or go lone wolf, or if you want to be involved at all once you check things out for yourself."

@rafael_romeiro

"Yep. Military spending boosts employment a bit.. but the product just sits in a warehouse until it explodes somewhere. It doesn't go back into the market and enable the creation of more wealth. Its a one way street."

"But that's the advantage of a mutant nation; we don't have to dump as much cash into weapons. We are weapons."

She grinned at his comments about them, mentally agreeing with his assessment of his wrestling prowess. He was an amazing wrestler, the best she had ever seen and she had seen a lot. "Unstoppable together. I like that Rafael. We're a great team."

"Hah!" A laugh escaped her lips as he asked if it wasn't because she liked him. "No, at that time I was still a bit pissed off. Well, maybe more than a bit."

It was a good question. Did she need to pace herself? Was she wearing down too fast? No, she decided. She was not. It was a great deal of pressure and she was not one hundred percent but she already had a plan.

"Nope. I'm good." She grinned, her age showing in the tiny smile lines at the corners of her lips. "Toyko might be a tough fight but its an important one. Besides, I've fought injured before. I can do it again."

"But for now I've got to get back to work. Good talking with you, Rafael." Her faint Russian accent filling the room as she slipped her helm back over her head. "Just let me know if you need anything." Seals hissed as the golden helm attached to her black armor.

A little wave of a matte black gauntlet and the Shogun slipped out the door and back to her duties.

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23:

"You plan is logical, indirect approaches would certainly help in this cause. Attacking Lebeau head on gives him a chance of a rebuttal. My current plan is thorough misdirection in his case. Find out what he wants/ who he has as allies, set up a meet, have the whole place rigged to blow. "

Letting out a slight chuckle before adding

"I am not a chess player, i am a poker player. Thats probably why my previous attempts were unsuccessful. Ending Lebeau is a matter for another time i have much to talk about,as you can imagine its something i think about alot."

Finishing up the remnants of his delightful dish before getting back to the topic at hand.

"Japan, what is the mission?. How fast do your smiths work? ideally i would like to have my equipment operational before i get back into the field."

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295  Edited By Strigidae_23

@cassius_knightfall:

She allowed her attention to swivel back to Japan. "Heard of the Wildcardz? They're a team of metas I hired to help me take the throne here. Anyway, they betrayed me and cleaned out one of our vaults of vibranium. Then they tried to assassinate me under my own palace."

"I thought I killed one and crippled the other for life but I underestimated them. Somehow they're back and according to our intelligence sources they're planning to take over Tokyo."

"Our mission is simple." The Shogun had finished her meal of tasteless nutrient cubes as they talked. She picked up the matte black vibranium gauntlets and slipped them back over tattooed hands and fingers. "Stop them."

"Mmm.." She pondered for a moment, running her armored right hand over her ponytail and undercut. "Pretty quick. Vibranium is hard to work, takes a lot of skill and special tools but it isn't slow to work. They were able to build me all of this in just a few days." The Strigidae patted her black vibranium armor.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xXSpitFireXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Windex is no joke!

I was washing the glass windows/doors at work and five pigeons all at once offed themself flying at the glass v.v

I felt terrible!

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers