#2851 Edited by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@alpha_dog:

The muscle at the hinge of his jaw tensed at the remark and Richard's tree-trunk legs flexed before his conscious mind overroad the subconscious instinct to rise from his chair and slam his fist into Dog's mouth. He could picture it. Feel it.

It felt good.

And Dog would deserve it. He had killed and not for his country and not even for money. For sport. Because he liked it. There were piles of bodies in Dog's hulking shadow.

But Hawkshade couldn't do anything about it. Even if he could defeat a super-strong regenerater with claws that could cut steel and who had spent more years at war than Richard had been alive, what would he do with him? Take him to jail? There were still mutants who saw men like Dog as heroes. They'd laugh Hawkshade out of the country. Dog wouldn't spend twenty seconds in jail and that's if Hawkshade won.

"You're right." Now he stood, hard. The stool bounced off the dirty floor and rolled away. "I didn't."

He stormed toward the door and shoved aside a drunk who didn't get out of the way fast enough. "Move."

#2852 Posted by Alpha_Dog (1046 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade:

Through his enhanced senses, Dog could follow Richard's internal struggle for control. His scent shifted just slightly. His pulse quickened. The tightness that was only betrayed at the corner of his jaw saturated his entire being. But Dog had to admit that he hadn't given the son of the shogun enough credit; a brusque tone and a toppled patron were the only allowances for the fury he must be feeling. Heck, had their positions been reversed, Dog would have probably strewn corpses from one end of this hovel to the other, just on principle.

The barkeep timidly approached, but swiftly retreated when the feral mutant fixed him with a glare that had been the last thing a great many men and women had ever seen. It was looking like he might not need to instigate a massacre to relieve his boredom, after all; he didn't know what his newest acquaintance had planned, but smart money said that things were about to get really interesting, and when things got interesting in the Shogunate, that usually meant blood, and lots of it.

Dog rose from his own seat and slipped out through the bar's back door, vanishing into the Venezuelan jungle. He had some hunting of his own to do, it seemed.

#2853 Edited by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@alpha_dog:

No Caption Provided

Outside Hawkshade jerked his backpack onto his back once more, stomped the motorcycle to life and wrenched the throttle. The bike roared and spat gravel in it's wake.

Hawkshade headed back into the wildlands, bike eating up the miles as he headed directly for the boarder. The weight of questions without any answers lay heavy on his mind. Where were the rest of them? The blue one, his mother's sidekick, had disappeared as well. But he hadn't vanished at the same time. Richard could find no record of the furry mutant for three months before his mother disappeared.

Why?

He worked the question over and over in his mind for hours, contemplating it from every angle. Eventually he had to put it aside. There were others. Dog had been the easiest to find because he didn't care if he was found. The others wouldn't be rooted out of the shadowy fog of the underworld quite so easily.

It didn't matter. He would find them anyway.

Avatar image for valerie_huntington
#2854 Posted by Valerie_Huntington (5267 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#2855 Posted by Alpha_Dog (1046 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: Dunno if that was aimed at you or me, but anytime a woman who looks like that has asked to "chat," it ain't ended well. Not that it's ever stopped me. >;)

#2856 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: Dunno if that was aimed at you or me, but anytime a woman who looks like that has asked to "chat," it ain't ended well. Not that it's ever stopped me. >;)

Lets
Lets

#2857 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@valerie_huntington:

A dark figure scaled the ivory covered walls of the Huntington's Venezuelan Château and slipped soundlessly across the yard like the shadow of some dark bird. The practiced twist of a tool from his improvised utility belt disabled the alarm and opened window simultaneously and the tall figure, broad at the shoulder and narrow at the hip, was drifting across the carpeted floor of the Mutant Madonna's estate, evading security with the contemptuous ease of one initiated in the Strigidae mysteries since birth.

#2858 Posted by Valerie_Huntington (5267 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade:

"Yes, father, I know," Valerie's curt voice spoke into the iPhone at her ear. She sat with languid grace surrounded by a collection of publications gathered over centuries. The White Queen's father, Alaric Huntington, had made sure to instill the value of knowledge over human history should one ever hope to conquer its future. Therefore, an extensive library was an essential part of any Huntington residence.

"I will update you on all the moving piece in Gothic City when I see you in New York," she paused, her cool demeanor lightening vaguely. "Of course you'll get to see him. But you and mom should really come to France more often."

Having said their formal goodbyes, Valerie ended the call with her father and returned to the book she had rested on an end table beside her. Several pages along in the narrative of a particular battle durning the American Revolution, she felt a strange unease tugging at her telepathy. She summarized the notion as simply feeling unfamiliar in her family's new Venezuelan residence, and returned her attention to the pages.

#2859 Edited by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@valerie_huntington:

Hawkshade knew he couldn't bring his suspicions to the law. Not yet. He had no evidence. So here he was slinking through the home of Valerie Huntington. He'd read the Strigidae's secret files on the Telepathic Aphrodite and he knew she was more than her public persona made her out to be. No one climbed to the top of the HFC without more than a few skeletons in their closet.

Every Strigidae must learn to live in darkness and Hawkshade was no exception. A year of his life had been spent in the Pit; a training quarters deep underground where he slept, ate, washed, training and studied in absolute darkness. The only way out was to pass the final test. Two of his classmates didn't. They were buried there.

There was a glow up under a doorway up ahead. Dim. Reading light, he surmised. Perfect control of every muscle in his body, intuitive at this point, twisted the doorknob open in total silence. It wasn't a reading light it was a nightlight. His boot fell on something. He knelt and looked. Child's toy. There was the crib.

This wasn't why he was here. He turned to go.

#2860 Posted by Alpha_Dog (1046 posts) - - Show Bio

This wasn't why he was here. He turned to go.

@hawkshade:

Softie.
Softie.

#2861 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@alpha_dog:

Anything is better than a monster like you.
Anything is better than a monster like you.

#2862 Posted by Alpha_Dog (1046 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade:

Ain't no monsters like me, kid. I killed the rest.
Ain't no monsters like me, kid. I killed the rest.

#2863 Edited by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@alpha_dog: Alright I can't even deny it; that was a damn cool line. You win this one lol.

#2864 Posted by Alpha_Dog (1046 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: You have no idea how much I've missed good, old-fashioned banter. ^_^

#2865 Posted by Valerie_Huntington (5267 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: (This was a lot longer than intended, lol.)

"Beautiful, isn't he?" came the siren's song of Valerie's voice: impossible to resist, with the promise of a grim fate for those who indulged in it.

The White Queen's previous instincts had persuaded her to abandon her reading to pass through the palace's many corridors to reach the nursery of her newly born son. Security throughout the Huntingtons' Venezuelan estate was second to none, and exponentially still when in regards to the newest member of the family. Valerie preferred to keep him safe amid the anonymity of the Huntington Academy's location in France, where her and her husband Rafael called their personal home. However her current extended stay within the mutant nation was not one she could last without having her child near.

Her gaze fell steadily upon the stranger in her home. Her eyes, like pale blue diamonds settled on the portrait of her face, refused to reveal any insight to the temperature of her thoughts. They merely watched him with an unsettling balance of allure and shrewdness.

"I had always been afraid to become a mother, you know," she continued, striding past where the man stood with casual grace. "I had thought it would make me weak, distracted." Valerie paused to gather her sleeping child in her arms, delicately rocking him as not to wake him. "But now I understand the truth behind motherhood. It has made me stronger, more focused, more lethal."

She divulged her attention solely to the baby boy in her arms, seemingly have forgotten the potential threat in front of her until, suddenly, her icy gaze was back on him.

"They say some men are lucky enough to see an angel right before death. I suppose in your case that was true." Just as the words escaped her lips, the telepathic juggernaut released a barrage of mental assaults on the trespasser. Despite her threat of death, the strike was not intended to kill the man, merely put him through psychic agony before passing out. Valerie still wanted answers from him.

#2866 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@valerie_huntington: No worries. I'm having a trouble cutting my word count down too lol. Gotta be up in the morning so I won't reply tonight but I'll get something up ASAP.

Sharp post too, I really enjoyed it. Layers to Val's character.

#2867 Edited by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@valerie_huntington:

It wasn't the child Hawkshade found beautiful. But beauty often camouflaged a lethal predator.

When he was seven his Strigidae handlers put the boy into a pit with a tiger. It woke from it's nap and watched the boy clean it's cage with it's great yellow eyes. Richard never forgot the feeling of it's gaze.

He felt the same sensation now. Little hairs stood up on the back of his neck and he could feel something pressing at the back of his mind like a vast swell pressing against a dam.

His subconscious screamed a warning. The six foot four man folded his muscular forearms over his broad chest and ignored it. What danger could sh-

-raw agony ripped through his mind. A lance of molten psychic steel punched through cognitive shields implanted by the Strigidae like a laser through a stick of butter. In an instant Hawkshade summoned the same iron will that built his body into the chiseled sculpture of of human potential.

But Valerie was the strongest psychic alive. Possibly ever. It was an act of will that rivaled those of men who ascended to godhood in the ancient times and it bought him no more than a heartbeat.

His fist lashed out with the savage instinct of a wounded animal, a wild left hook that carried every ounce of force his powerful upper body could summon, unleashed with the ruthless desperation of a man with nothing to lose, whipping toward Valerie's jaw with bone rattling force.

The floor flew up to meet him. How did I get here? And then the world-

-went-

-dark.

#2868 Posted by Valerie_Huntington (5267 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: Oooh ok. We gettin’ rowdy. Let’s go ;p

#2869 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for adriana_huntington
#2870 Posted by Adriana_Huntington (534 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade: Love that stylistic little flair at the end.

#2871 Edited by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio
#2872 Posted by CutthroatBitch (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

At some point in time, long after this occurrence, I'm probably gonna steal from that.

#2873 Posted by Valerie_Huntington (5267 posts) - - Show Bio
I'm still coming for what's mine
I'm still coming for what's mine

#2874 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio
#2875 Posted by LonelyFlower (199 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd always been willing to write with Apex on this end nobody expressed interest though

#2876 Posted by Valerie_Huntington (5267 posts) - - Show Bio

@valerie_huntington:

It wasn't the child Hawkshade found beautiful. But beauty often camouflaged a lethal predator.

When he was seven his Strigidae handlers put the boy into a pit with a tiger. It woke from it's nap and watched the boy clean it's cage with it's great yellow eyes. Richard never forgot the feeling of it's gaze.

He felt the same sensation now. Little hairs stood up on the back of his neck and he could feel something pressing at the back of his mind like a vast swell pressing against a dam.

His subconscious screamed a warning. The six foot four man folded his muscular forearms over his broad chest and ignored it. What danger could sh-

-raw agony ripped through his mind. A lance of molten psychic steel punched through cognitive shields implanted by the Strigidae like a laser through a stick of butter. In an instant Hawkshade summoned the same iron will that built his body into the chiseled sculpture of of human potential.

But Valerie was the strongest psychic alive. Possibly ever. It was an act of will that rivaled those of men who ascended to godhood in the ancient times and it bought him no more than a heartbeat.

His fist lashed out with the savage instinct of a wounded animal, a wild left hook that carried every ounce of force his powerful upper body could summon, unleashed with the ruthless desperation of a man with nothing to lose, whipping toward Valerie's jaw with bone rattling force.

The floor flew up to meet him. How did I get here? And then the world-

-went-

-dark.

A cold grin tugged at Valerie’s lips as pain flooded the man before her. Needless cruelty had never been a vice of the White Queen, however, dominating those who felt confident enough to challenge her was intoxicating.

She took a step closer to him, not a flicker of exhaust on her cool visage while telepathically she dug her psychic knife deeper into the punctured flesh of his mind. The barriers of his mental fortitude shattered like twigs in a hurricane against her power, granting her access to a gallery of the man’s most intimate thoughts and memories.

Just as she began to browse his intimate mental catalogue, ready to pick and choose the information most relevant to uncovering the purpose of the man before her, her physical instincts jolted her attention back to the man’s body.

Valerie had never needed to tutor herself extensively in the art of hand-to-hand combat, however her husband Rafael insisted on teaching her enough to keep herself protected should she need to. This insight was enough for her to know that, in her present situation, she didn’t have nearly the physical speed to avoid the man’s fist that was headed exponentially faster toward her face.

Making a critical judgement, Valerie dropped her psychic barrage in favor of sheathing her skin in a glistening diamond exterior. This physical form would defend her from even the impact of an incoming missile--at the price of her telepathic powers.

Despite having ravaged the man’s psyche, Valerie feared releasing her diamond skin in fear that her brief lapse in mental dominance would allow him to swiftly overtake her in physical combat. Instead, she would lunge for his throat, holding him there with the threat of crushing his trachea beneath the superhuman strength of her diamond form should he refuse to comply with delivering her answers as to his identity.

"Who are you?"

I really need to tune my battle skills.

#2877 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@valerie_huntington:

Ice cold fists around his throat brought the Son of the Shogun back to consciousness. Instinctively he brought his hands up to seize the wrists that held him by the neck and tried to escape.

Richard was a strong man. Among those not gifted with superhuman strength he was among the strongest. When he pulled muscles bulged under his homemade costume-- yet he could not budge her.

Superhuman strength.

His vision begin to clear. A splitting migraine pounded in his skull like a railroad spike being driven into his head.

"Valerie Huntington." He snarled. "Just who I've come to see."

"I'm Hawkshade. You haven't heard of me." Or at least it was rather unlikely, considering he was still wearing a homemade utility belt and a t-shirt with his symbol spray-painted on.

"But I've heard of you. The Huntingtons. The Hell Fire Club. And the things you have done."

#2878 Posted by Apex_ (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

To be fair I haven't posted here really sense cvu

And I do hope the new direction goes well

I want it also to be clear though that for a full year and month none of you came to me about anything. And took Venezuela without saying anything. Takes two to rp, if you'd of wanted to tell a story I'd of been happy to.

#2879 Posted by Rosso (5464 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_:What are you talking about? I'd say you made it pretty clear you were CVU exclusive "because that's where the activity [was]." But that's beside the point anyway. No one needed to go through you. There was no "taking" because Venezuela the CVnU empire was never yours to take.

#2880 Posted by Apex_ (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosso:

Lovely
Lovely

I'd of been happy to rp with anyone that wanted and was just trying to say where the break between the two was. I don't want to argue over it, just wanted it out there. I would of rped if others wanted. Didn't want to thats fine, if did and didn't think that was the case on my end sorry.

Please lock this if your going to lock it

#2881 Posted by Rosso (5464 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_: Generally I think locking only occurs on request. Or discretion, one or the other. Probably fine, I imagine.

#2882 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_ said:

I want it also to be clear though that for a full year and month none of you came to me about anything. And took Venezuela without saying anything.

The way you came to me before copy-pasting parts of my OP and ripping off my character? No one took Venezuela from you because you never had it. You made a knock-off in another universe.

Takes two to rp, if you'd of wanted to tell a story I'd of been happy to.

I do want to tell a story. With someone else.

#2883 Posted by LonelyFlower (199 posts) - - Show Bio

The parts copied/carried over however you want to put it was cause I wanted to pay respect to what the forum built up. I like what cv did with Venz

I'm sorry if it wasn't enough to you, I'm sorry if it wasn't clear. That said I'm done with the conversation I hope you have fun and again I'm sorry.

If anyone wants to ever rp I'm around

#2884 Edited by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@lonelyflower: That was one of the fakest 'sorry not sorry' apologies I have ever seen lol. But that doesn't matter. Let me be very clear here. Az, you do not have permission to use any of my canon or anything I created, such as the Orochi. You copy-pasted things I wrote into your thread without asking me. That is against the rules. Take those sections out and do not steal from me again.

#2885 Edited by Valerie_Huntington (5267 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade:

She considered the man for a moment. His muscular build told Valerie the man had spent years refining his physical prowess, which was matched by his clear knowledge of unarmed combat. She knew that no one pushed themselves for so long to reach this level of mastery without some kind of longterm focus. What that was in his case, she could not perceive with just a glance.

The details of her cool visage remained frozen beneath an exterior of precious stone, her expression just as beautiful and unreadable as when in her vulnerable physical state.

"You flatter me, darling," she purred with the saccharine sound of a predator preparing to finish its prey. "But I'm afraid I can't guess at what you're referring to. A shame, really," she paused, her grip tightening, "for you to come all this way. Just for it to end so ugly for you."

Shifting her grip, the White Queen cradled one arm against the man's neck to grab his chin while her other hand wrapped around to hold his opposite temple. A wrench would fracture his neck instantly.

Avatar image for adriana_huntington
#2886 Posted by Adriana_Huntington (534 posts) - - Show Bio

O_O

#2887 Posted by Alpha_Dog (1046 posts) - - Show Bio
#2888 Posted by Naomi_Delacour (86 posts) - - Show Bio
#2889 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@valerie_huntington:

He was in the grip of one of the most dangerous mutants the world had ever known. Within the Huntington line ran one of the strongest x-genes ever recorded. Hawkshade didn't know the exact details of her powers but he knew she was one of a tiny handful of mutants classified as Omega level.

Raised as he was in the Strigidae temple he knew what every Strigidae knew; powerful, stable mutants like the Huntingtons were the key to mutant domination of the planet. In the radical mutant-supremacist philosophy of the Strigidae cult the stable Omega's were a doomsday clock ticking down the seconds until the inevitable eradication of the human race and the ascension of mutantkind to their destiny; world domination.

But he had left that world behind and no longer sought those things.

One of a rare few children raised by the seven secret masters of the Strigidae, Hawkshade had been baptized in combat almost as soon as he could walk. He was accounted a master of his first style at ten years old. Now he was a master of many. Including grappling. And the first lesson a grappler learned was to never accept a bad position.

This was the definition of a bad position. From this position Valerie's superior superstrength could snap his neck in an instant.

He didn't accept it. Richard acted immediately. He reached out with a powerfully muscled arm and, unless the Mutant Madonna defended or evaded (potentially difficult as both her hands were engaged with his skull), wrapped his hand around her diamond throat and lifted.

Lately he had fought a number of foes with superstrength. Musa Bashir. Alpha Dog. Now Valerie. In every case except Dog he had a single advantage; size. Valerie was much stronger but Richard was bigger. He weighed over a hundred and twenty pounds more and stood half a foot taller and he attempted to use that height and strength to lift Valerie off her feet with one arm and hold her eight inches off the ground.

Then Richard rocked back onto the flat heels of his combat boots to eliminate his own traction with the ground. If her feet could not touch the floor, and if his boots didn't catch on the ground, she would lack the leverage to use her immense strength advantage to break his neck. At best she could spin him around; comical but hardly fatal.

Regardless of his moves success or failure he told her the truth.

"I'll tell you who I am." Anger flashed in his blue eyes as muscles strained in his shoulder. "My name is Richard. I don't have a last name. Not a real one. Not one that matters. Do you remember the old Shogun? Ivana? She abdicated the throne in 2016 and vanished."

"She was my mother." His jaw flexed and under the cowl his eyes burned with feverish intensity. "You've committed crimes, yes. I want justice for your victims, yes. But more than that-"More than anything. "-I want to know where she is. What happened to her?"

"Your family rules here. You must know something." He gritted his teeth. "You must."

#2890 Posted by Alpha_Dog (1046 posts) - - Show Bio
#2891 Posted by Valerie_Huntington (5267 posts) - - Show Bio

@valerie_huntington:

He was in the grip of one of the most dangerous mutants the world had ever known. Within the Huntington line ran one of the strongest x-genes ever recorded. Hawkshade didn't know the exact details of her powers but he knew she was one of a tiny handful of mutants classified as Omega level.

Raised as he was in the Strigidae temple he knew what every Strigidae knew; powerful, stable mutants like the Huntingtons were the key to mutant domination of the planet. In the radical mutant-supremacist philosophy of the Strigidae cult the stable Omega's were a doomsday clock ticking down the seconds until the inevitable eradication of the human race and the ascension of mutantkind to their destiny; world domination.

But he had left that world behind and no longer sought those things.

One of a rare few children raised by the seven secret masters of the Strigidae, Hawkshade had been baptized in combat almost as soon as he could walk. He was accounted a master of his first style at ten years old. Now he was a master of many. Including grappling. And the first lesson a grappler learned was to never accept a bad position.

This was the definition of a bad position. From this position Valerie's superior superstrength could snap his neck in an instant.

He didn't accept it. Richard acted immediately. He reached out with a powerfully muscled arm and, unless the Mutant Madonna defended or evaded (potentially difficult as both her hands were engaged with his skull), wrapped his hand around her diamond throat and lifted.

Lately he had fought a number of foes with superstrength. Musa Bashir. Alpha Dog. Now Valerie. In every case except Dog he had a single advantage; size. Valerie was much stronger but Richard was bigger. He weighed over a hundred and twenty pounds more and stood half a foot taller and he attempted to use that height and strength to lift Valerie off her feet with one arm and hold her eight inches off the ground.

Then Richard rocked back onto the flat heels of his combat boots to eliminate his own traction with the ground. If her feet could not touch the floor, and if his boots didn't catch on the ground, she would lack the leverage to use her immense strength advantage to break his neck. At best she could spin him around; comical but hardly fatal.

Regardless of his moves success or failure he told her the truth.

"I'll tell you who I am." Anger flashed in his blue eyes as muscles strained in his shoulder. "My name is Richard. I don't have a last name. Not a real one. Not one that matters. Do you remember the old Shogun? Ivana? She abdicated the throne in 2016 and vanished."

"She was my mother." His jaw flexed and under the cowl his eyes burned with feverish intensity. "You've committed crimes, yes. I want justice for your victims, yes. But more than that-"More than anything. "-I want to know where she is. What happened to her?"

"Your family rules here. You must know something." He gritted his teeth. "You must."

A split second away from exercising the necessary force to snap her opponent’s neck, Valerie became aware of her feat lifting off the ground. The man now had her own throat compromised, a strength behind his grip she hadn’t anticipated. The telepathic Aphrodite reached to claw at the man’s hands, attempting to wrench them free from her neck, but his own physical prowess prevailed against her diamond strength.

For a moment she considered reverting to her human form and attacking his mind once more. She hesitated against this option, knowing that she was in too compromising of a position to relinquish the safety of her diamond form. So long as she was coated in the precious stone, even if she could not escape his hold, he could do no more harm to her than a nuclear strike could.

Without the options of strength or telepathy at her disposal, Valerie relied on the most dangerous weapon in her arsenal. Her tongue.

As the White Queen relaxed in the man’s grip, her head cocked slightly as a malevolent smirk graced her pillowy lips.

“Ivana? Where have I heard that name before,” she began toying with the man, feigning amnesia. “Ah, yes, the insipid cow who destroyed my school and murdered my students.” Her pale blue irises burned with malicious entertainment.

“Your mother, you say? A shame you came all this way to find her. Poor, poor Richard,” her voice dripped with sanguine sympathy while her visage shifted into a mock pout. “So noble of you, coming to rescue her. She spoke of you often, although, last I checked, she wasn’t able to speak much at all.” Valerie maintained an unwavering self-assured composure. Her eyes remained leveled with Richard’s, daring him to question her claims.

“Release me, darling, or these words will be the last you’ll ever hear of your mother’s existence.”

#2892 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@valerie_huntington:

Under the cowl his blue eyes sizzled with fury and his lips pulled back in a wolfish snarl. Torture? This piece of filth.. He drew the survival knife from his belt without consciously realizing it but it was just as useless against her diamond form as his fists.

In the end she had something he wanted. Wanted more than anything, even more than justice for the innocent. She had information. Hawkshade let her go but he didn't step back.

Under his worn leather gloves his knuckles turned white on the knife. Those old murderous instincts rose up within him and he fought against them, trying to bury them with sheer force of will. The teachings of the Seven Secret Masters were strong and they all spoke with one voice within him.

They said-- Kill.

He couldn't let himself cross that line again. But he wanted to.

"What do you know? Where is she? Take me to her." He roared. "NOW."

#2893 Edited by Valerie_Huntington (5267 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade:

Valerie’s feet landed softy back on the ground. She took a moment to brush her shoulders off, as though contact with the Strigidae had sullied her. She adjusted the fur-trimmed collar of her white cape with a callous snicker.

“It seems I’ve upset you,” the mind mistress’ voice carried with it the disturbing beauty of a siren’s song.

Their conversation was broken by the eruption of footsteps as a group of a dozen figures appeared in the doorway. Each of them donned sleek black mesh armor which allowed for physical protection without compromising the wearer’s agility. Their chest pieces had been embellished with an ‘H’ sigil, revealing them to be mutant soldiers of the Huntington guard.

Valerie fell behind them as her diamond exterior slipped away.

“It seems you’ve run out of time, darling. This was a fun game. A shame you’ll never know what happened to your mother.”

Her telepathic abilities once again accessible, Valerie pushed an illusion into the mind of the Son of Shogun. The vision was of his mother, whose appearance remained strong enough in Valerie’s memory for her to mentally conjure. Ivana could be seen twisting in agony on a marble table in the center of a dark room, where dim candlelight revealed the presence of several figures cloaked in black. Significant among them stood Valerie, donning snow white garments amid the shadows. The Mutant Madonna watched as her victim responded in throes to the ravaging psychic torments being inflicted on her.

In an instant Valerie dismissed the illusion. With cold amusement glistening in her eyes she waited for Richard’s response, before turning to her guards.

“Make sure I never see his face again,” the reigning monarch of Venezuela delivered the chilling command.

Her white cape swirled behind her as she turned to take her leave. In her own arrogance Valerie assumed her trained soldiers would be capable of subduing the Strigidae before he managed to escape Isla Olympus.

#2894 Posted by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@valerie_huntington:

Hawkshade fell to one knee, palms pressing into his temple as he was assailed by visions of horror. Even his iron will was not enough to stop the psychic might of the Mutant Madonna.

Blood dripped from his nose.

A dozen of House Huntington's warriors closed in.

"Look at this guy, looks like he buys his costume at the Goodwill."

Laughter.

Hawkshade stood up. They charged and he exploded into action, fists flying and arms flashing through a complex series of blocks and parries as his feet glided across the floor, maneuvering for advantage with feline grace even as he was battered by the strikes that slipped through his defenses.

The Son of the Shogun ended up standing in the doorway while eleven men backed away and spread out, two carrying an unconscious comrade.

Another bent double vomited and collapsed. Ten now. Blood dripped from Hawkshade's knuckles, his gloves torn to shreds. A bruise formed on his cheek.

The leader pressed his hand against his neck and activated his com system. "Reinforcements, the reading room." He said, voice high with a new emotion.

Fear. What he had just experienced didn't seem possible.

Richard charged. One man against ten and they were armed and armored with the best money could by and trained to the unrelenting standards of the Huntington Dynasty. They were brave men and they met his charge with all the skill they possessed and for a moment the contest hung in the balance as Hawkshade fought alone against ten men but he fought with a frenzied energy, a strength and speed and ferocity that shook them and when one of his boots snapped back the head of their leader and dropped him to the floor in a boneless heap they shrunk from Hawkshade and he roared as he battered them back with thunderous strikes, grabbing one by the throat and hurling him across the room in an display of impossible strength.

Reinforcements charged through the door. A half a dozen tranquilizer darts stuck into Hawkshade's muscular back and two squads charged him, twenty four men piling into him and burying him under their numbers while black batons rose and fell with the dull thump of metal on flesh and the buzz of tasers filled the room as stun batons were driven into his ribs.

"We've got him, we've got him get the cuffs a-" Richard twisted around in the mass of bodies and wrapped his body around one of the guards legs in a knee lock, mercilessly snapping his leg backwards and then shoving himself to his feet, slinging four of the smaller men off his body and stomping two of the guards in the face hard enough to drive the shattered remains of their faceplates into the ruined flesh of their crushed noses and jaws.

One of the guards pointed the tranquilizer gun at him and squeezed the trigger.

He charged, slapping half the darts out of the air. A dozen pierced his chest. He grabbed the man by the throat and picked him up, hammering the man's head against the wall with an incoherent roar.

"TAKE ME TO HER!"

No Caption Provided

Knives were driven into his back so deeply the points protruded from his shoulders, he dropped the unconscious man in his hand and whipped around knocking the knifeman into the wall with a backhand and as the guards attempted to gather themselves he ripped the knives from his back and flung them aside, throwing himself into the mass of elite guards with an insane, berserker fury.

Under his cowl his eyes weren't even human anymore and there were no more words.

He tore through them. They called for aid again and again until a hundred of House Huntington's best were arrayed against him and the battle ruined the entire wing of the house.

Richard fought like a god.

He was stabbed, wounded by shrapnel, fire, gunshot and a plethora of mutant powers but he was animated by an inner force of preternatural strength. When the lives of an average person's loved ones was at stake they could perform impossible feats and Richard was no ordinary person and he was fighting for the life of the one person on the face of the earth related to him by blood.

Fifty six men fell before him and he fought without ceasing for an hour and twenty nine minutes. Twice it seemed that the army arrayed against him would break and flee but they feared the wrath of the Hungtingtons more than they feared any foe.

But the strength of mortal men has limits and eventually Richard could fight no more.

His tools expended, his shirt gone and his body a mass of wounds with blood soaking his torso and pants down into his boots he reached the point where he could fight no more.

Two men where holding his left arm while three more were punching him in the face. They had learned to divide into teams and fight him in shifts.

He just stopped. They hit him in the face seven more times. Eight. Then nine. His thick skull whipped around with every blow but he didn't lift a hand to defend himself.

He didn't have the strength. Not anymore.

A tenth blow that sent his blood splattering across the room and then it dawned upon them; it was over.

They let him go and walked to the other side of the room. They never could explain why.

Richard just turned around and walked away. He faded into the shadows and was gone, a skill all Strigidae must master.

But he would be back. His mother was here. He had seen the visions and there was no doubt in his mind they were real. Ivana was here. He found her. He was coming back and he would be ready next time. Nothing would stop him, he swore it.

#2895 Edited by Infinitum (545 posts) - - Show Bio

Image result for neat meme

#2896 Posted by Grimmwald (3352 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade:

But he would be back. His mother was here. He had seen the visions and there was no doubt in his mind they were real. Ivana was here. He found her. He was coming back and he would be ready next time. Nothing would stop him, he swore it.

Interesting
Interesting

#2897 Posted by Valerie_Huntington (5267 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkshade:

No Caption Provided

Your posts should be required reading for new writers lol. Other than that, I'm speechless.

#2898 Edited by Hawkshade (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

@valerie_huntington: Extremely high praise, especially from a writer of your talent. Thank you :-)

#2899 Posted by Beremud (622 posts) - - Show Bio

@valerie_huntington:

Hawkshade fell to one knee, palms pressing into his temple as he was assailed by visions of horror. Even his iron will was not enough to stop the psychic might of the Mutant Madonna.

Blood dripped from his nose.

A dozen of House Huntington's warriors closed in.

"Look at this guy, looks like he buys his costume at the Goodwill."

Laughter.

Hawkshade stood up. They charged and he exploded into action, fists flying and arms flashing through a complex series of blocks and parries as his feet glided across the floor, maneuvering for advantage with feline grace even as he was battered by the strikes that slipped through his defenses.

The Son of the Shogun ended up standing in the doorway while eleven men backed away and spread out, two carrying an unconscious comrade.

Another bent double vomited and collapsed. Ten now. Blood dripped from Hawkshade's knuckles, his gloves torn to shreds. A bruise formed on his cheek.

The leader pressed his hand against his neck and activated his com system. "Reinforcements, the reading room." He said, voice high with a new emotion.

Fear. What he had just experienced didn't seem possible.

Richard charged. One man against ten and they were armed and armored with the best money could by and trained to the unrelenting standards of the Huntington Dynasty. They were brave men and they met his charge with all the skill they possessed and for a moment the contest hung in the balance as Hawkshade fought alone against ten men but he fought with a frenzied energy, a strength and speed and ferocity that shook them and when one of his boots snapped back the head of their leader and dropped him to the floor in a boneless heap they shrunk from Hawkshade and he roared as he battered them back with thunderous strikes, grabbing one by the throat and hurling him across the room in an display of impossible strength.

Reinforcements charged through the door. A half a dozen tranquilizer darts stuck into Hawkshade's muscular back and two squads charged him, twenty four men piling into him and burying him under their numbers while black batons rose and fell with the dull thump of metal on flesh and the buzz of tasers filled the room as stun batons were driven into his ribs.

"We've got him, we've got him get the cuffs a-" Richard twisted around in the mass of bodies and wrapped his body around one of the guards legs in a knee lock, mercilessly snapping his leg backwards and then shoving himself to his feet, slinging four of the smaller men off his body and stomping two of the guards in the face hard enough to drive the shattered remains of their faceplates into the ruined flesh of their crushed noses and jaws.

One of the guards pointed the tranquilizer gun at him and squeezed the trigger.

He charged, slapping half the darts out of the air. A dozen pierced his chest. He grabbed the man by the throat and picked him up, hammering the man's head against the wall with an incoherent roar.

"TAKE ME TO HER!"

No Caption Provided

Knives were driven into his back so deeply the points protruded from his shoulders, he dropped the unconscious man in his hand and whipped around knocking the knifeman into the wall with a backhand and as the guards attempted to gather themselves he ripped the knives from his back and flung them aside, throwing himself into the mass of elite guards with an insane, berserker fury.

Under his cowl his eyes weren't even human anymore and there were no more words.

He tore through them. They called for aid again and again until a hundred of House Huntington's best were arrayed against him and the battle ruined the entire wing of the house.

Richard fought like a god.

He was stabbed, wounded by shrapnel, fire, gunshot and a plethora of mutant powers but he was animated by an inner force of preternatural strength. When the lives of an average person's loved ones was at stake they could perform impossible feats and Richard was no ordinary person and he was fighting for the life of the one person on the face of the earth related to him by blood.

Fifty six men fell before him and he fought without ceasing for an hour and twenty nine minutes. Twice it seemed that the army arrayed against him would break and flee but they feared the wrath of the Hungtingtons more than they feared any foe.

But the strength of mortal men has limits and eventually Richard could fight no more.

His tools expended, his shirt gone and his body a mass of wounds with blood soaking his torso and pants down into his boots he reached the point where he could fight no more.

Two men where holding his left arm while three more were punching him in the face. They had learned to divide into teams and fight him in shifts.

He just stopped. They hit him in the face seven more times. Eight. Then nine. His thick skull whipped around with every blow but he didn't lift a hand to defend himself.

He didn't have the strength. Not anymore.

A tenth blow that sent his blood splattering across the room and then it dawned upon them; it was over.

They let him go and walked to the other side of the room. They never could explain why.

Richard just turned around and walked away. He faded into the shadows and was gone, a skill all Strigidae must master.

Richard needs a vacation...
Richard needs a vacation...

But that was a seriously epic post to end an already epic exchange.

#2900 Posted by Rosso (5464 posts) - - Show Bio

Suddenly, I see a reason to make nice with the mutant monarchs.