Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2702  Edited By Rafael_Romeiro

@the_shogun: @ali_sani_bashir:

No Caption Provided

At the Warden's teased step towards the Shogun, Rafael reacted with a stride of his own. Truthfully, Ivana didn't need protection. She was among the world's greatest warriors. But she needed support. And from day one, since before Venezuela was hers, since before she sat on a throne as the promised messiah of mutant-kind, Rafael had been by her side. He would not stop now. His posture was kept global, and he oozed a cool swagger, a quiet and icy confidence that told of a man who was both an Adonis and an Achilles. Coolly, Rafael's hands slid into his pockets, his shoulders subtly rolling forward while his eyes remained on the Warden of the False Bay.

Silent, the Neo Achilles, the Great One, he listened. Listened till Ali made mention of a potential source of Vibranium. One whose Vibranium reserves could bring Venezuela that much closer to standing front and center as a superpower of the 21st century. At this realization, Rafael's features softened with intrigue. For a moment, his eyes glanced at Ivana before returning to Ali. He'd remained silent, but his glance had spoken for him. 'This is an opportunity. But I don't trust him', his eyes had told hers. And yet, something, an intangible quality communicated a willingness of his to take this risk.

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tribe

Ivana read the message while she was eating breakfast. A half empty plate of tasteless clear cubes of condensed nutrients and a glass of light green sludge with a gritty texture set before her. She ate mechanically while looking over the days messages, accustomed to her enhanced bodies extreme nutritional requirements.

Eventually she reached the Tribe's message and read it while chewing a nutrient cube.

"Huh."

Arrachtach set at the same table, about half way through his third serving of steak and eggs.

"That must be our daily mystery."

"Da. It is. Somehow, no one see how it arrive."

"That strikes me as most peculiar. And more than a smidgen unlikely, if I might say so."

Ivana grunted. "Hard. Complex. But possible."

"Is it truly? With all our defenses? I postulate the simplest explanation is the most likely; we possess a traitor within our ranks and they simply stuck the message under the door and tampered with the surveillance system to dispose of any inconvenient evidence."

"Or magic. Teleportation. Dimensional rift." A shrug. "Many possibilities."

"And what of its contents?"

"It is invitation to meeting. Something about 'renovation' of Hawaii? Maybe it cost money and they want donation."

"This sounds rather elaborate to merely ask you for a donation."

"Mm. Is good point."

"Shall you accept?"

"Da. Message.. intriguing. It take much effort, much ability and resource to give this letter. So, I go. I see what is this important."

That night the message was held up against the window, as instructed, to indicate her agreement to the meeting.

Avatar image for ali_sani_bashir
Ali_Sani_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@rafael_romeiro: @the_shogun:

No Caption Provided

Like no human before him Ali stood in mutinous council with the Shogun and her powerful protectorate. Unafraid and prepared to go out on his shield should negotiations fail, but Ali was nothing if not a polished diplomat; shaped by his father's futuristic vision of a peaceful post-apartheid South Africa. Instilled with indomitable gallantry, the Bashir Bishop's sense of obligation to the small village of Rooi-Els; and the refugees of the Venezuelan exodus, served to remind the initiated chieftain he was negotiating for more then just a developmental alliance.

"While da False Bay is many things, it lacks da necessary resources to properly control an operation of such magnitude. Our enemies are many, and our time, arrested." slowly, cautiously, Ali raised his arms and checked his wrist. "Take dis." again with cautious illustration the great jaguar attempted to hand Rafael a biometrically protected flashdrive. "Da complete details and schematics of my proposal are on dat drive. Have your people look it over. I think you'll find what we have to offer most invaluable, Grandmaster."

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rafael_romeiro

Alexandra sat in a coffee shop in Caracas awaiting the arrival of her invitee. Her voluptuous frame was wrapped in a snowy bandage dress, pale gold locks tumbling over her bare shoulders. One leg leisurely crossed over the other as her metallic nails tapped rhythmically upon the polished table surface. Her delicate fingers coiled around the handle of her cup, drawing the tea to her silvery lips for a casual sip, brilliant sapphire eyes gazing off into the distance with pensive refinement. The time of the rendezvous was set well after closing time to allow for privacy in a casual setting. It was Ivana who had suggested that Rafael be inducted into her Rimefrost Society, Mr. Romeiro acting as her emissary on matters concerning Venezuela and mutantkind.

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist:

The Neo Achilles
The Neo Achilles

Striding through the decorative halls of his home, Rafael's steps oozed a certain quality. A quality with remarkably little thought and effort, as though cast by a wunderkind whose specialty was a confidence that was impervious. Dressed in black, Rafael's frame was tall and sculpted to the lean proportions of a great figure of female fantasy. At the surface he seemed an Adonis but his genes were designed for extreme power, even by superhuman standards. At his core, he was Achilles and Heracles, a warrior, and he carried himself as such. The style and flair of a contemporary man followed him as he strode into a room whose lights gazed upon a wine red Pagani Huayra.

Minutes later, his hand gripped the supercar's steering wheel, his foot on the gas pedal as it's engine roared and it's speakers echoed Jay Electronica's 'Exhibit A'. The Huayra was a blur as it blitzed through the streets, a car fit for a speedster. He was to meet with Alexandra Steele; the head of the Rimefrost Society. He would be Ivana's and Venezuela's primary representative in the organization. He'd never met Alexandra, he didn't know her. Only of her. And her reputation drew envy from many, and fear from even more. Upon his arrival at the café, the Neo Achilles parked and strode inside. The café was closed, there were no other customers but the voluptuous woman in white who sat by her lonesome.

Her hair was golden, she was wide at the hips, and slim at the waist. A woman of singular beauty. On his features of devastating charm, Rafael wore the cool expression of a suave introvert, of a man of silent intensity and an icy confidence. At the sight of Alexandra Steele, he issued a subtle inclination of the head, "Ms. Steele", his deep, silky smooth voice echoed, his amber eyes gazing upon her as he extended his hand for a shake before seating himself. "A pleasure. Shall we get down to business?".

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafael_romeiro: @ali_sani_bashir:

The Shogun looked at the flashdrive for a long moment, instinctual impulses running through her eyes. Then she gave Rafael a short nod, indicated that he should accept the flashdrive.

She could feel the tension of the moment in her shoulders and spine. To stand this close to the enemy.. it went against her every instinct. Two years ago she would have attacked without hesitation. But ruling Venezuela had changed something. Perhaps she was more calculating now. Or I lose edge.

The Strigidae shook the uncharacteristic moment of self doubt away and stepped back, attempting to bring the meeting to a close.

"We do so. Then, we talk again."

Each moment carried the risk for miscalculation. And she could sense in her soul that any miscalculation with this man could quickly prove fatal.

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafael_romeiro:

As Rafael stepped into the bar with the strength and style his unique existence afforded him, the cold, pale blue gaze shifted. Her frosty eyes surveyed his obsidian-clad persona, silvery lips curving upward ever so slightly into winsome smile. Alexandra’s shaped brows arched as he spoke. “Doctor Steele.” She sipped her tea before setting it down upon the ivory saucer. “Or Alexandra if you prefer, Mr. Romeiro.” Her fingers reached out to take his hand in welcome before motioning to him to sit. “A pleasure indeed.”

She clicked her tongue with a mischievous smirk. “Right to business. No wonder the Shogun likes you.” Her nails tapped upon the table, the diamond ring upon her finger glimmering with a faint, etherial light. “Quite simply, I’ve come to offer you an invitation to the Rimefrost Society. Not some mere country club for the rich and powerful, I assure you; its members instigate change to the world as the society sees fit through monetary, political, and social means. Governments are stationary, restricted by international law and geography, and so as a member of Ivana’s staff, I’m offering you a chance to work beyond your official station, to meet up with other like-minded individuals to create a more efficient world. You needn’t decide in this very moment. I’m sure you’ll want more information. But in order to proceed, you’ll need access.”

The lady in white raised her left hand, a silver ring in her palm. With barely a thought, it levitated effortlessly down toward the table’s polished surface before her guest. “This is a ring that allow entrance to the Rimefrost. It is a pocket dimension opened by portals throughout the globe, New York, Los Angeles, London, Berlin, even in Venezuela. They are magically sealed, attuned to the unique structure of these rings.” The padding of her thumb adjusted the frost ring upon her own finger. Her lids lowered slightly as her lips spread into a cool grin. “How does all of this sound so far?”

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist:

"Could be"

His eyes met hers, amber to a cool, pale blue. His gaze was mystifying and disarming. Hers magnetic and alluring. They both seemed a man and woman from Venus. But he was from Mars, Rafael, he was forged by fires that burned so hot they felt cold. His features were of Adonic charm, but his heart and genes were of Achilles. And he carried himself as such. He sat and he held his posture, his countenance, his mannerisms with a natural flair, a soft earnestness that cast a presence that was entirely it's own. Once seated, the corners of his lips teased the subtlest of smiles, "Could be", Rafael shrugged, a soft smile keeping his chuckle at bay as Alexandra made brief mention of the Shogun.

Soon however, his smile faded, yielding to a cooler countenance, one he wore with a confidence colder than ice. His gaze never left hers. He listened, assessed, and made his decisions. The perks of a powerful brain, a speedster's brain; the ability to process information, to think, rethink, reevaluate, think of every possibility, the pros and cons, all in a split-second. "I've already made my decision", he calmly answered. A speedster, the Neo Achilles' perception of time was extraordinary. A mere second was worth years to him. The moment Alexandra's words echoed, his decision had already been years in the making. "It all sounds good so far. I've been part of a secret society before", the Hellfire Club to be exact, "So I know more or less what to expect".

"But there's one thing I'd like to know, Alexandra", the Neo Achilles paused, daring to lean some inches forward, some inches closer, till the suave notes of his fragrance lingered in the air about her, his eyes never breaking from hers, his gaze piercing, mesmeric. "The Rimefrost Society's purpose is to create a more efficient world. And the world right now is full of problems. What does the Rimefrost Society think of one of it's problems?", Rafael asked, accepting the silver ring, briefly glancing at it as he held it in-between his thumb and index finger, "What do you think of the nGod problem?".

"They attacked Venezuela, and ran the moment I attacked them", Rafael paused, gently setting the ring down, "They're running from me now. You can't run from someone faster than you".

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ali_sani_bashir: @the_shogun:

"I should hope so"

Ali's promises were great. His offers were tantalizing. And the potential behind the alliance he proposed wasn't to be ignored. So as the Warden of the False Bay spoke and offered Rafael a flash drive with invaluable information, he paused, if only for a moment. He gazed upon the flash drive, his chiseled features calm but curious, the curiosity of a predator when gazing upon it's prey. He was tempted. He glanced back at Ivana and at the sight of her nod, he accepted Ali's flash drive, gazing upon it once more before slipping it into his pocket. The information was invaluable, the Warden promised them. "I should hope so", the Neo Achilles responded, the timbre of his voice casting a cool presence in the air.

A presence that was soon overshadowed by the rising tension between the two parties. Perhaps it was Ivana's hatred of humankind making itself known. Perhaps it was the vulnerability of standing at such a dangerous distance from a potential enemy. The Neo Achilles couldn't tell. All he knew was that the tension hung so thick in the air, it could be cut through by a knife. And while Rafael prepped himself for Ivana to attack, he was.. relieved almost, that she didn't. Instead, she took a step back, and Rafael couldn't tell if she'd grown wiser or.. it didn't matter. Not at that moment at least. He'd wait, wait until Ali had departed. Then and only then would he turn to his Shogun and speak. "If what he says is true, if the information in the flash drive is what he says it is, it is one step forward to fixing an economy that's suffered ever since that cyber attack".

"If this alliance does do some good for Venezuela, I'll be the first to say I'm glad you didn't cut him down", he almost teased, the faint signs of a smile hovering about the corners of his lips.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2712  Edited By Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ali_Sani_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Raf's abilities why would he even need help :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ali_Sani_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafael_romeiro: @the_shogun:

No Caption Provided

Every physical alteration the Ivory Icon openly expressed while in the presence of the Great Jaguar had seemingly been tailored to establish his dominance. Predatory was his gaze, collectively confident was his demeanor, and Ali silently observed it all. Taking it in while building a psychological profile that would help him game plan for a secondary encounter, should one occur.

As the Neo Achilles was granted permission to except the device from the Warden's outstretched hand, trust and relief nowhere to be found, Ali remained staunchly sober despite being out-manned, outgunned, and behind enemy-lines. Together the deadly duo could have easily annihilated the King of Orphans and claimed the new found vibranium vein for themselves....or could they? The unknown was Ali's greatest weapon, his most relenting ally. He could almost read it on Ivana's gladiatorial frame, almost.

"I shall await your reply dhen." Nodding, almost bowing to the infamous Strigidae before taking his own leave.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ivana's already one of the most heavily fortified people ever [possibly the most]. If this turns into another full-scale alliance...

-________-

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: Right? It's funny because at one point she was targeted by a lot of people.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafael_romeiro: It's like that thing I PM'd you with. Crazy turnaround.

Will be responding today, btw. On principle I said I'd hold off on that and other major things until I posted for Psy in Avalon.

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2722  Edited By The Psyentist

@rafael_romeiro:

No Caption Provided

The doctor’s eyes narrowed slightly as her keen mind attempted to sense the erratic motions of his mind, the psychic aura presenting more as an impenetrable blur of thoughts. It reminded her of a deck of cards being shuffled, his hand remaining hidden from sight. A speedster or something like. Rapid cognition must make for dull conversation, every word being spoken long after it was conceived as possibility, every subtle twitch and gesture presenting like a painting slowly running into the blended lines. What is must be like inside such a mind… the edge of her mouth curved upward, her crystalline eyes glistening clear while her motivations remaining opaque within.

“Yes, I’m sure you have decided already. I’d imagine you seldom allow for conversation devoid of concise response.” She drew up her cup once more for a sip of her milky Earl Grey, hardly letting the situation be cause to tear her from her steaming beverage. “I was never one for small talk myself unless it suited my interest. So I will be as brief as I can. I do not trust the nGods as far as I could throw them.” She shrugged. “Granted, that might be pretty far considering some of them. You may not have been aware, but I too was there when they attacked Venezuela. However my own motions were unlikely to be as readily detected as your more combatant solutions. I prefer to destroy such opponents from the inside. And such is my philosophy for Rimefrost when it fits the situation. As a proponent for the well-being of mutants in the United States, I cannot assume the guilt of every nGod. Some could be advantageous allies, particularly to get inside the nGod ranks should they muster again. I intend Rimefrost to be vigilant should this upstart gods become a problem for my people. But…” her silver lip curled upward as she leaned toward the athletic Adonis, “we have bigger problems on the horizon that are not of this Earth. And we could use any help to defeat what is to come.”

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2723  Edited By Mercy_

That's actually a good angle for Nik. Hmmmm.

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like seeing everyone's different looks on the matter.

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist:

"I told them to surrender. They refused"

Indeed. Doctor Steele was correct. Rafael had always decided in the instant. Because he was a man who lived in nanoseconds, and a nanosecond to a second was not unlike a second to 31.7 years. A second was all the time he needed. All the time needed to think, again and again and again for years. For a moment, the Neo Achilles grew curious, his left brow raising at Alexandra's mention of her presence during the nGods' attack on Venezuela. He was calm, but his beautiful features wore his curiosity, his subtle intrigue. "You were in Venezuela?", Rafael asked, rhetorically of course. She'd already answered him, before he'd even asked. "The nGods. They stared me down and challenged me", funnily enough, his methods were indirect, insofar as deceiving and luring his foes into the fatal traps set by his god-slaying counter-striking.

"I told them to surrender. They refused", the Neo Achilles explained, "They shouldn't have", he shrugged. "Our methods aren't as different as they may seem. You destroy your enemies from the inside. And my combatant solutions trick my enemies into thinking they've tricked me. A fatal mistake. All I need is one blow to end a life", indeed, he'd mastered the art of Dim Mak; the 'Death Touch', "Even a god's". Holding Alexandra's pale blue eyes with his own, Rafael continued, "Some. But not all. However", he paused, "I'm glad to see that the Rimefrost Society knows how to go about defeating it's enemies and making necessary allies. I look forward to destroying them from the inside if things come to it. But you mentioned larger problems beyond our planet", he paused once more.

"I can't lie. You've got me curious", he confessed, his lips wearing the subtlest signs of a cool smile.

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@rafael_romeiro:

Alexandra leaned back leisurely in her seat, one leg crossing over the other, neck elongating to gaze at him through her dark lashes. “Yes, darling. I do live here on occasion. They, the nGods, are clearly imbeciles. I don’t need to be a psychic to comprehend that simplistic notion. No listening to reason until they had their arses tossed out of the country.” She chuckled softly, the intonation melodic as it rippled through her pastel lips. “Oh, yes. I’m sure your techniques are quite effective. I wouldn’t mind seeing that in action. Maybe next time, I should sensory scry through your opponent to get first row seats to your display of power. I certainly wouldn’t want to test you myself.”

The Frost Queen exhaled a gentle breath, the air seeming to chill slightly around her. “Oh, yes. How much do you know about extraterrestrial life? Between consulting for the government and my own training and counselling for superhumans, I have heard my share. But nothing quite like this. The Rimefrost Society has considerable means of gaining intelligence. It has been brought to my attention that there is a race of beings intending to conquer this world, harvesting not just our physical resources but our very existence to sustain themselves. Though you needn’t take my word for it. There will be a conference at the United Nations soon, an address by the Icelandic leadership on the encroaching danger. I would suggest making an appearance.” Her sapphire stare wandered off, recalling the words spoken by her father of the future that could be where the Earth’s populous was farmed like cattle, slaves to the alien force. Their imminent threat even shook Q to the core, their nature a counter to his time-manipulating capabilities.

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist:

"I know enough"

At Alexandra's mention of the nGods' imbecilic characteristics, the Neo Achilles nearly smirked, his beautiful features wearing a subtle and pleased upward curl of the lips. "I couldn't have said it better myself, Alexandra", he agreed, his countenance resetting as he resumed, answering her question as to what he knew of life beyond Earth. "I know enough. But anything that's managed to worry the Rimefrost Society is something I should know more of", Rafael paused, pensively drumming his fingers against the table, his piercing amber gaze never breaking from Alexandra's, his eyes casting the mystifying presence of a Greek god in mortal form, of both a god of warriors and beauty, and one of pride.

"But I didn't know of this race of conquerors until now", the Neo Achilles confessed, withdrawing his hand and holding his features in earnest. He would speak with Arrachtach soon, he was the Shogunate's resident super-genius. His input would be important. "I'll see to it that I attend the press conference at the United Nations. But I have to ask", Rafael paused once more, "Does this alien race, this threat.. have a name?", he asked. "I'd like to know the name of my enemy before we defeat them". He was not short of confidence, the Neo Achilles.

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafael_romeiro:

Alexandra’s lustrous lips parted into a pleasurable smile at his recognition. Her relaxed posture emanated the pride of her station, the certainty of her prowess. The pale glow of her porcelain features framed those cold, calculating eyes, the eery dichotomy of eliciting both fear and longing in the mortal races resting in the subtle glimmer within their pale blue. At the question, even the pretty predator hesitated, her shaped brows knitting over eyes suddenly storming with pensively. “I’m afraid I don’t have an answer for that. The vestiges of the future had not offered a title for the force.” She swallowed, her slender neck rippling under her ivory choker. “I’m certain you’ll find their name far sooner than I could wish. The conference will likely describe more, hence the necessity for as many of our allies to be there are possible.”

thunderbolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

*reads the last two posts intensely*

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist:

Subtly, the Neo Achilles nodded as Alexandra confessed to knowing little of their mysterious new foe. It was a nod of understanding. Clearly, this new enemy was dangerous. Anonymity was a weapon... for as long as it could be maintained. And Rafael was determined to know more. "Fair enough. I look forward to the conference", Rafael paused, his Adonic features wearing a calming smile as he stood from his seat, his posture always global and oozing a natural swagger and devastating confidence. "It was a pleasure, Alexandra", the Neo Achilles resumed, extending his hand for a firm handshake, "I look forward to working with you, to joining the Rimefrost Society. The world's full of problems. It doesn't need heroes. It needs visionaries", he concluded.

"Don't be a stranger"

"We'll speak again soon. I'll be sure to visit the Rimefrost Society's pocket dimension soon". Casting a glance Alexandra's way before taking his leave, Rafael asked of her, "Don't be a stranger. We're business associates now", he subtly teased before striding out the café.

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2732  Edited By The Psyentist

@rafael_romeiro:

The Vampiric Vixen stood to her full height, a soft palm was extended to him as his own was offered. Her platinum blonde hair tumbled over her shoulder as her pale golden head gracefully tilted to one side with a charming smirk. "It was a pleasure indeed, Mr. Romeiro. I very much look forward to working with you. Do have a pleasant evening."

The doctor sat herself back down gingerly into her seat. She sipped at the remainder of her Earl Grey, her icy gaze peeking over the ivory brim. Her brows arched as she watched the neo-Achillies make his fashionable departure.

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Allure_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightwavelegua

No Caption Provided

It wasn’t hard for the connected man to secure an invite to the secretive event in Venezuela. Mutants only. Allure’s mouth pulled into a fetching smirk as he moved through the crowd. His ringed hand whisked up a glass of champagne, his vampiric nature siphoning the positive energy in the place, the emotions far more intoxicating than the alcohol passing his lips. His finger fiddled with one of his rings, the telepathic ability channeling though him. The psionic map was laid out before him pointed him in the direction of his target: Malikai Shabazz. Moving gracefully through the darkened halls past the jovial partygoers, emanating his characteristic aura of charm and contentment, the empath “stumbled” across the man. Mr. Frost took a gulp of his drink before a pearly smile widened over his handsome face.

“Mr. Shabazz? Chris Frost, founder of the Menagerie in Los Angeles.” He extended a soft palm toward him.

LIGHTWAvELEGUA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2738  Edited By LIGHTWAvELEGUA
Sasha Yepez
Sasha Yepez

Gossip girl Sasha Yepez absorbed the electric vibe of the night, lounging glamorously on a chaise. The sheen of sweat and the bluelight blinging incessantly from her iPhone notifications illuminated her face. She sent a mass text and Snapchat post that sent her hotline into a digital pandemonium. Ascending from the Hell floor, Malikai and his entourage quietly graced the Heaven floor. And Sasha recorded all of it. Tall, well dressed and disarmingly candid with anybody brave enough to approach him with his squadron of SHABAZZ PALACES minions. She was positive he saw them as equals, but they just didn't possess the same je nais se quoi.

Using her superhuman hearing, she eavesdropped on his intimate conversation with an American man. He was bold enough to breach his barrier of squad members. They shook hands and Malikai did it. Malikai did this thing where he whispered close into people's ears like the words he exchanged were as private as his tabloid-worthy relationships and sexual escapades. She tuned into their conversation like a radio frequency, cutting out the infectious staccato and Dominican vocals of LSDXOXO's "Angel Dust" commanding the bodies on the dancefloor. She missed what the American man said, but caught Malikai's response...

<<...I know exactly who you are Mr. Frost. The Menagerie has became one of the most lucrative clubs within the past two years. Not just regionally, but globally. That's a hard feat...>>Sasha's heart raced, the business talk sent a tingle up her spine. She imagined the platform Malikai could place her on with his insider knowledge and power. His finger on the pulse of the youth was the same one she chronicled amassing her a social media follower count that reached 700k.

<<...We can sit down and talk in my booth..>> Sasha watched as Malikai, Mr. Frost and Malikai's entourage walked into a heavily guarded booth. Men in black wearing monochromatic pieces fresh off the F/W 16 menswear runway with bulletproff vest. It had to be more symbolic than useful. Their had to be a force field constructed around the booth. With that same physical security she lost her wiretap on their conversation. One of those men had the ability to neutralize powers. Her plug was pulled. On the empty frequency channel, Sasha was left with the inflamed thoughts of her Geminian mind. With the theme of the party being "Angels & Demons", she wondered which one was Malikai Shabazz? She tuned out her anticlimactic thoughts and let the pulsing music pump into her mind.

Loading Video...

@the_psyentist@allure_

Allure_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightwavelegua:

Amongst all the levity and joviality of the party scene, the Empathic Impressario could sense the presence of a particularly keen attention focused upon them. The female mind emanated intrigue and excitement, a sense of exclusivity regarding the situation she was likely perceiving. It wasn't anything completely out of the ordinary and quickly dismissed as his attention was arrested by Malikai.

Chris nodded with a charming smile at the offer to join the man at his booth. Smoothing down the front of his white suit jacket, the empath seated himself. “You flatter me. I merely offered the people a venue. It’s the people who make the Menagerie a community worth attending. A pleasure to finally make your acquaintance, Mr. Shabazz. I trust business is well?”

His purple eyes lingered upon his host, gauging the emotional setting into which he had been invited. His real order of business needed just the right climate of affect to be successful. The complex puzzle of interactions is what made the psychic vampire so useful to the society. He had the ability to manipulate the emotions of those he came in contact with, granting him the chance to sway decisions in his favour.

LIGHTWAvELEGUA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allure_:

Na Akata Ojii
Na Akata Ojii

Malikai Shabazz spent the Spring season dodging pill popping pop stars proclaiming he needed to join their creative teams. Gallivanting with his ex-fiancee Kendra to her Long Island and Orange County houses exposed Malikai to young Hollywood and their creative teams. They were creative vampires. Leeching onto the hungry untapped upstarts anxious for their crossover or big break. He watched them dangle their social clout, take them under their wing, revamp their image for a new album, film or television project and scoot them into a corner. Now they hunted him, smelling the organic vibes emanating from his events. His creative vision. Purposely booking A-list names developed into unsolicited surprise pop ups. It quickly grew into a running joke that he nipped at the bud as it festered. No recording. His computer technicians stamped infringement lawsuits on leaked footage. No one was exploiting the spaces he was creating for the youth. The culture. Each event was an exclusive, contemporary experience that Malikai organically coordinated. The photographers and videographers were employed under the Shabazz Palaces LLC. and only the Shabazz LLC as proxy to internet oversaturation.

It put the young businessman, as of late, in a state of habitual terseness with strangers; and at the moment Malikai could not sift through Chris Frost’s intentions. Their was a mental block placed where the Oso habitually gauged new people’s modus operandi. The barred psychic attempt merely raised his level of interest in the Menagerie Impresario. “I can’t complain.” he replied with his team silently curating the booth to Malikai’s liking. The eye contact he made with the Frost was oddly intoxicating. His indigo eyes were beyond majestic. They spoke a spellbinding language he would never understand. The nightlife summoned spirits good and bad, dropped inhibitions, placed people in a more animalistic, open states. Malikai had a youthful attraction to danger. Wherever those eyes steered him, he was willing to go. “This is hella strange.” a bottle girl arrived expecting acknowledgement from Chris and Malikai, but was proxied by Malikai’s friend Larenz. “I practically live in LA and we never crossed paths. Not once. But here we are. Across the North border meeting in Venezuela.”

With the psychic lock guarding his mental, Malikai attempted to disarm the Frost descendant with his genuine interest. “I had this question burning my mind brain about you since I read the profile New Yorker wrote on you last year.” Malikai’s earthy aloofness crumbled and his face lit up almost as bright as Frost’s indigo eyes. “That LAPD expose you got involved in after the drug sting the DEA tried to drag you in to shut down your club.” the Chief Executive gestured praise. “Legendary. I mean...damn. It read like the Godfather saga. And you managed to come out unscathed, unsullied. A hero.”

“All that sht really pop off? Even that Ancelloti cop’s necrophilia?”

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders:

Under her helm Ivana rolled her eyes. She did not follow Xae. "Ven is dangerous place. Many things in jungle. Some harmless. Some hungry."

She didn't care about the Tyrant in the least. Tyrants were unproven. Untested. She had yet to see a Tyrant out-wit a Gothic City vigilante for control of a block, much less establish an empire in two weeks.

Besides, at the level she was at now everyone was awe inspiring at something. Usually more than one thing. Quantum brains. Alien gods. Omega levels. If the Tyrant was that dangerous it wasn't a crisis to Ivana.

It was Wednesday.

"You are not mutant. Therefore, you breaking law. Trespass. Five minutes you have. Then death."

It was Wednesday? A warning in Yoda speech? How come I never saw this?!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Shogunate's Palace

@the_shogun:

A somewhat built man, clothed in garments of red that symbolized his aspiration to be an Orochi, sprinted up the road that lead to Venezuela towering, symbol of royalty - the Shogunate's Palace. His pale, roundish face was wrought with shock, the speed at which he sprinted disheveling his mahogany hair.

He stumbled over his feet as he came to a halt, comically falling flat on his face several meters from the entrance. Far to thunderstruck to notice the bruise on his forehead, the man scrambled to his feet, yelling, "I have to speak to the Shogun immediately! This is urgent!"

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10:

Such disturbances were not unknown. Nor was the Shogunate an old country whose government was layered in protocol and procedure. It was a nation in its youth; hot headed, quick to decision and fast to adapt to the unexpected.

The new arrival was ushered into the throne room, interupting Ivana at her breakfast. Her left gauntlet and vambrace was removed. An IV stuck into a muscular forearm covered in tattoos and she held a half eaten bar of tasteless nutrients in her other hand.

"Vhat?"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_shogun:

Had this been any other time, the man would've marveled at the chance to see the interior of the palace. He would've be awestruck at the opportunity to see the throne, to meet Ivana herself! Alas, his presence here bore no such amazement.

Breathing shakily as his electric blue eyes rose to The Shogun, the man swallowed, before shakily launching into a hurried explanation.

"M-m-my brother and I were in town repairing furniture for an old woman. We were working on some old victorian clock that had fallen over a few weeks ago, when we heard... some weird noise coming from her upstairs room! Sounded like a-a swarm of bats or I don't know. Next we heard her screaming, like-like she was being attacked! There was a weird hissing and a slashing sound, and next we heard a body fall to the ground, and her screaming just... stopped.

"We ran up the stairs, and as we got closer, I swore I could've a-a-an animal or something, growling and.... feeding. My brother kicked open the door, and we saw some-some kind of beast or monster or something! It was huge and grey and had bony wings and claws. And it was biting into her neck, like some kind of vampire! When it saw us, it turned its head around and just stared at us, showing its bloody fangs! My god, its eyes... I don't know how to describe...

"We were petrified. I thought we were dead for sure, but then it just... transformed into some black swarm and flew right past us. I don't know where it went after that, but my brother yelled for me to go and contact you immediately. Said the Shogun ought to know that there's vampiric monster on the loose!"

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10:

"If it look like vampire, walk like vampire and quack like vampire.. it probably vampire." The grandmaster motioned to one of the doctors who stepped up to the throne and removed the IV and made a few marks on the chart he carried.

Ivana stood, flexed her fist a few times and slipped her hand into the vambrace and gauntlet. They hissed as they sealed to the armor of her upper arm. A dull matte black vibranium covered her from her tattooed neck to the soles of her feet. It was lighter than her last suit, which had been destroyed by a godlike powerhouse and energy manipulator in this very room.

She pressed a button on her utility belt which disengaged the locks that attached her quiver to her armor. Tapping the nocks of the wooden-shafted arrows she said "I keep handful of arrow with silver tip and wood haft. Just for this." Drawing the arrows from the shaft she inspected the pale silver broadheads.

"But. This time I take more." She motioned to one of her Orochi bodyguards who left the room at a jog to retrieve some of her anti-supernatural weapons from her personal armory.

"Half special weapon. Half usual weapon. Just in case. Perhaps not vampire at all." Dexterous fingers plucked some of her regular arrows from her quiver and laid them upon her throne, as well as several of the containers on her utility belt.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_shogun: (Sorry for the wait!)

Quack like vampire?

The man goggled at her, green eyes flickering from her quiver and assortment of arrows, to her utility belt, and finally back to her.

"Have you fought vampires before?" He asked, mildly surprised at her preparation. Given her position, influence, and renown, preparation for the unexpected was reasonable. Perhaps he could apply this to his aspiration to be an Orochi!

Apex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"So what comes next?" The tower of muscle that was one of her mutant brethren asked. The latest news of the Shogunate told of a coming end to one of the most successful conquerors of the modern age. She'd come and taken Venezeula as her own and in its time it'd stayed afloat. Where the presidency of the states changed hands abundantly and most other leaders fell short on value the Shogun was a prominent power. Challenged by other mutants, bands of mercenaries, and even gods. And yet still it stood not an easy thing to discredit for sure.

"I don't think the objective changed bro. She's going back to her old methods don't let her accent and words fool ya. To long has she played emperor and held back cause of her people. She just wants to look for new people to best without the paper work." The violet companion remarked as she sat on a table lighting a cigarette with an optic blast before taking a drag.

Alex sighed, she didn't like where this was going. She didn't think the Shogun could ever lay the blade or crown down. But with the crown being put aside that just meant the blade could shine again slick with blood. That legend Ivana saw herself was forged to Alex more with the killing blow of the chancellor, the attacks on places like the White House with the League. Ivana was more a threat alone then with an army she would say. More though she worried for the Shogunate, this had become a home. And when someone came for the crown knowing Ivana's reign only violence seemed likely promised from most. The speedster known as Rafael the only one likely worth placing stock in. "We keep an eye on her and this place. I don't want to see Venz rushing off to war like Columbia with no real reasoning or following Envy in violent protest through the states. Nor do I want to see a mutant like that Savage she targeted being marked because Ivana doesn't understand." Their watch couldn't be over, better they didn't need rebel but the objective should remain. "First though we should get that knife. To quote Claudel, everything is either symbol or parable."

(Not my finest but I wanted to praise the post ic and shake off some rust)

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_: I like it! Its interesting to hear various characters perspectives.

@dreadpool10: I'm sorry about the lack of reply. To tell you the truth I'm trying to wrap the Ven thing up.

Arenaceus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_liberty: I want to try and find the time to continue it and go after said knife. Ain't easy though lol always found dialogue scenes some of the hardest in a way. It's easy for it to sound long winded which isn't really how we talk in RL so I don't feel it should be the case in character

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arenaceus_: *Nods* I understand what you are saying. Dialogue takes a lot of time and effort to learn. Or at least it did for me.