#151 Posted by Inner_Demon (2335 posts) - - Show Bio

@tenjin: Now that was an impressive exit!

#152 Posted by Strigidae_23 (6388 posts) - - Show Bio

@curve: Perhaps you will. And perhaps you will discover Venezuela has no asylum for the criminally insane.. just an incinerator.

#153 Posted by Curve (765 posts) - - Show Bio

@strigidae_23: An incinerator? Good! I need me a good tan. Hehe, I found my vacation spot!

#154 Posted by Clutch (3263 posts) - - Show Bio

@strigidae_23 :

Brilliance. Swift , Graceful , and Deadly brilliance was what the Blind Baphomet attacked with . Her moves fused with the shadows as if she was the darkness herself , embossing her armored frame into it's veil just enough to make her seem like a moving blur of ebon. Clutch could feel the air sway with speed as she dashed and weaved with blade in hand to pursue with ferocity in her counter-attack. He had heard legends of the Strigidae for as long as he was in the business of death-dealing , and even defeated some in battle but this one was a different breed. Probably from the bowels of hell and forged in fires greater , the 23rd showed why she was considered the Queen of Combat with a flash of martial arts wizardry unmatched. She now moved as if his hurricane blend of kicks had not phased her because her unnatural skill of blood bending had healed the wounds inflicted to a degree of proficiency. Her first series of offensives showed Clutch her unique skill to fade in between the shadows with a pairing of elite swordsmanship against Tenjin, the seconds the attack took was enough for the Faceless One to use the lapse to his advantage and gather himself for his next wave of combat with a deep breathe and sound analyzation of the battle. He was unsure of what was happening to his Wildcard comrade but he could somehow feel death in the air already. He was prepared for this and focused solely on standing his ground. He didn't come all the way back to South America to die. He thought it a "sh*tty place to stop breathing". The lapse of moments gifted to Clutch was short lived as the Elite Empress shifted her attention from his brother to him with a mid-air work of crimson liquid manipulation that sought to explode his inner ear and render him deaf.

It worked, though not in it's entirety. The nano-bots that called Clutch's body home have been working daily to replace his blood and act as his true life flow , and their work had been roughly 35% complete. The completion rate of cybernetic assimilation was enough to hinder the assault slightly yet he still felt the inner rupture of his cochlea exploding on her command to produce a pain he had never felt before. The ringing was enough to make him dizzy and nauseous as he threw up his last meal , and his ears bled profusely from under his mask while he staggered backwards to fight for his equilibrium that faded faster then he hoped. The room spun with his vision and he couldn't hear a thing. He couldn't hear the Blood Bending Beast fly towards him with a heavy knee that sent another wave of disabling vibrations of pain through his head upon impact. Had his fortified rare metallurgy armor not been intact he would have suffered way more then a completely destroyed jaw and loss of sense as he rolled backwards into the water and ripped off the skull mask that half-shattered when the Strigidae landed her devastating blow. His jaw hung loose with a pain of broken bone and ripped muscle , and his ears leaked with his lifeline fluids down to his chin but the quick moment of time he spent airborne from being sent back allowed him ample time to recover, if even for a brief moment. Clutch still couldn't hear but his line of vision was back to solid albeit blurry and he saw Ivana's momentum shift to his side before it even happened, the 360 degree spinning backfist of monumental proportions was foreseen perfectly as he lifted up his forearms in a defensive manner to block his already damaged head while simultaneously and digitally summoning, at the speed of thought , his favorite shield.

The shield , composed of true adamantium and backed by Clutch's solid footing made the heavy blow inert as metal met metal with a loud spark and song that only the meeting of two unbreakable elements could create. Had her gauntlet strike been augmented in someway , or had he not been quick enough to block he would have surely been surely decapitated. The Grim Reaper stood up from his defensive posture and popped what remained of his jaw back into place with a grimace of blistering pain , while at the same time wiping the throw-up and blood from his face that dripped down into the sewer water. As Clutch gathered himself he could feel his body undergoing the changes of evolution by way of his Soul Eating power. It was already beginning to adapt and shift to the flow of combat. He could feel a slow rush of euphoria washing over him as endorphins and adrenaline flooded his body and numbed the immense pain he was feeling. His eyes went back into his head slightly as the battle analysis that his brain made flashed in his vision from his grey matter that was being stimulated euphorically. He retracted the shield that saved his life back into it's inter-dimensional housing and cracked his knuckles. The loss of sense meant little him to now, but what did matter was the body of his brother-in-arms torn to shreds by the blood bending artistry of the 23rd Strigidae . The headless body and scattered brain barely effected The Grey Gun's emotional state because he was locked into his battle mindset feverishly. Clutch would not mourn his Wildcard Lieutenant but instead use his brother's body to his advantage. It made him morbidly elated as he walked over to Tenjin's body , pulled an explosive from his belt and lodged it in the guts of the bloody corpse of the Grim Ghost. He held tightly the detonator to the device in his left hand, and the corpse of his brother in his right. He locked eyes with the Ivana and once he met her gaze he took off like a rushing demon with Tenjin's body dragging behind him in a firm grip . The body made the murky red waters skip up like a boat cutting through waves.

Seconds before he reached his opponent he skidded to a halt to establish a safe distance between them both and launched Tenjin's body at Ivana with a hateful half-cocked grin due to his broken jaw. As Tenjin's lifeless corpse floated in the air towards the Strigidae he pressed the button on the detonator he held in his left hand and watched the fireworks began as the thermite explosive lodged in the dead man's gut blew up with a pounding force. Oxyliquit in the limbs for the kinetic pistons, napalm/thermite in the legs and poisonous gas in mouth of Tenjin's body made for the deadliest incendiary combination.

BOOOM!!!

The explosion went off in front of Ivana but at the time of it's inception Clutch had already used a Shadow Portal to arrive behind her with a drop-kick , hoping to meet her spine with his boots. If he connected it didn't matter . He landed on his palms and preformed a tactical roll backwards while materializing a set of dual pistols. He unloaded full clips with uncanny precision at Ivana before reloading his weapons instantly and unloading another two full clips then holstering one of the blazing guns. The Skull Strider awaited for the outcome of his onslaught and digitally constructed three adamantium claws on his empty fist . His thoughts seemed absent . Only the death of his opponent would truly satisfy his thirst.

#155 Posted by Strigidae_23 (6388 posts) - - Show Bio
#156 Posted by Clutch (3263 posts) - - Show Bio

@strigidae_23 : ( Thank you! Glad you like it. This is the start of a great rivalry )

#157 Posted by Strigidae_23 (6388 posts) - - Show Bio

@clutch: [ Totally. Its going to be great.

Just a quick heads up though, I've had several people waiting for my reply for a few days so I'll probably try to get to them next. They've been patient but I don't want to keep them waiting anymore than I have to. Then I'll get right back to replying to our battle. ]

#158 Posted by Clutch (3263 posts) - - Show Bio

@strigidae_23 : Of course no rush. Im gonne be busy the next few days anyway. Looking forward to what you coming next ;)

#159 Posted by Inner_Demon (2335 posts) - - Show Bio

@strigidae_23: If one of those is Dog, no need to rush. My activity levels over the next day or two are a bit uncertain, and you were patient enough when your post sailed over my head, lol.

@clutch: Nice! Don't see the name"Baphomet" getting tossed around a lot, these days.

#160 Posted by Clutch (3263 posts) - - Show Bio

@inner_demon : Thanks man. I enjoy building aliases for people I write with.

#161 Posted by Strigidae_23 (6388 posts) - - Show Bio

@clutch: Awesome, thanks for the understanding :-)

@inner_demon: I never rush hehee but yes, one of those is Dog. Gotta keep things moving!

#162 Posted by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio

Before they or I leave for a long time, I need to fight Clutch and or Tenjin >.>

#163 Edited by Strigidae_23 (6388 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: That would be fantastic, they're both really fun to battle.

#164 Posted by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio

@strigidae_23: Yeah, been reading this fight and it's really amazing. Your doing your usual brilliance but I've never seen those two so it's really novel.

#165 Posted by Strigidae_23 (6388 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: Thanks hehee. Its a great fight and yeah, they're both fresh and unique styles.

#166 Posted by Kayle_Rez (726 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: presumably after this Strig and company will be going after the Wildcardz. Get yourself a mutant of yours and join the party lol

#167 Edited by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio

@kayle_rez: I don't have time to commit to actual canon RPG's, anything I do will be seperate out-of-thread RPG's mainly, ones where time isn't an issue.

#168 Posted by Salem_Hex (426 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: lame -_- stupid RL stealing the Vine's Pyro

#169 Posted by Pyrogram (46545 posts) - - Show Bio
#170 Posted by Clutch (3263 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram said:

Before they or I leave for a long time, I need to fight Clutch and or Tenjin >.>

Looking forward to it man.

#171 Posted by Strigidae_23 (6388 posts) - - Show Bio

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
#172 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (19973 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad to see this place is doing well.

#173 Edited by Strigidae_23 (6388 posts) - - Show Bio

@vinnie_tahoe:

"Oh you know...", Vincent gladly answers in a sarcastic tone before lifting himself off the 'bed' that he rested upon, now sitting and facing the Shogun with his back. "...My friends back home told me about the New Year's Eve celebration you got going on here every year and how I just can't miss it. So next thing I do, I jump on the plane and arrive here. Then I overhear some local folk talking about how the Royal Palace is going to have a spectacular firework show so naturally, I make sure to invite myself to the party.On the way to the Bridge I catch the glimpse of a pair of a**holes and their robot b!tches hauling away at the vibranium and I say to myself: 'I can't let them do that, the whole economy of a people stands on that metal! Tally ho!'. So I jump in and chat with them for a bit, before the head honcho of the gang arrives and calls deuces on the whole thing. I end up staying alone in a half empty vault with a group of murdered guards at my feet. Next thing I know, I'm in this lovely hotel eating all the food money can buy.", Vincent sarcastically rants while plowing his hand through his frazzled hair. It was a highly satired version of the true story so he could still keep intel to barter with.

He stands up and was topless, scars and burns adorning his back like a twisted trophy wall. The Prodigal Explorer turns his head sligthly to the right side so that atleast one of his eyes could see the blinded empress and her furry behemoth of a friend.

"Hmmph...there was also this silver piñata they took along with them. I guess they must've stolen it from your little party.", Vinnie said, describing the horrid body theft of which he was a witness..

The Shogun listened in silence, hands clasped behind her back. Vincent was a handsome man and under ordinary circumstances that may have swayed Ivana's judgement. She was no paragon of objectivity and made no attempt to be. Ivana embraced who she was and what she wanted whole heartedly.

She was, however, blind and his shirtless frame did not influence her judgement.

Regardless she believed the general thrust of his story. Battle was chaotic. Mistakes were made. Ivana herself had been exposed to friendly fire from the Wildcardz ice dragon during that same battle. It was not the first time, nor would it be the last.

His story also matched with what Ivana now knew of the Wildcardz; that they had been playing their own game all along. Wildcardz indeed, she thought.

"You know what.." She pondered for a moment.

"The state of Venezuela thanks you for your assistance and it apologizes for the inconvenience." Her accent was faint and her tone crisp and professional.

"Now lets get you out of this box." Her Russian accent returned in force and she waved at the blue furred Arrachtach. He pressed a couple of buttons on his touchscreen pad. The bars slid into the floor with a whir.

"Would you happen to be looking for a job? I could use an agent of your resourcefulness."

@alpha_dog

Dog strode through the streets of Venezuela and sauntered his way toward's Ivana's throne room with what would appear to the casual viewer to be careless swagger. The facade was deceptive, for Dog was many things, but never careless. His sharpened senses constantly scanned his environment, and a practiced eye would note that his seemingly casual gait thinly disguised a tense readiness to spring into violent action in an instant.

"Here to see the lady. Got a reservation." He waved off the Orochi who stepped forward to guide him; he could find the Strigidae by her scent easily enough. Making his way unerringly to the throne room, he stopped a half-dozen paces from Ivana's meditating form and greeted his employer without pomp, ceremony, or anything resembling tact, really. "Looks like ya got it worse in that scrap than I did; all I got was ripped up and tossed off that stinkin' bridge, twice. Guess that's why ya got the nicest digs, huh?"

Ivana grinned and it showed her teeth. "That and a certain knife throw."

"But I'm glad to see you've recovered." Her accent infused her voice and her language was casual, relaxed. The Shogun could relate to Dog. Though they might be in vastly different positions now she had spent many years scrapping in the trenches in the service of mutants higher in rank.

"I called for you to let you know I have instructed the head of my science division, Arrachtach, to provide you with whatever equipment that you need. Vibranium included. Good service deserves a reward."

"But our battle isn't done. During the assault the mercenaries I hired, the Wildcardz, were after a prize of their own. They looted one of our vaults filled with virbanium."

"Quite the feat of teamwork, to tell the truth. The managed to fight a battle on one hand and pull off a heist on one of the most guarded places on the planet on the other hand."

"Regardless I cannot allow such things to go unpunished. If you are willing I intend to send you and Envy to their team HQ in Japan. You'll have Orochi at your back as well. Originally I had intended to come as well and bring Rafael but things are moving fast and we'll be needed to defend mutant interests in France."

"If you choose to accept it your mission is simple. Chaos and destruction. Tear things up, kill anyone you can get your claws on and get out before taking too many losses. The object is to send a message, not take over."

@rafael_romeiro

Her chuckle, as subtle and quiet as it was, dissipated the austerity that had overtaken his disposition for that one moment he swore he could project enough force to make possible his plan of targeting oil refineries. It in turn pushed for a smile, as cool and tame as it was, to decorate Rafael's Greek god features. "Only a true warrior would", he remarked, indirectly complimenting the 23rd Strigidae's value as a fighter and a combat analyst. Few people understood the true scope of his aerokinesis and other powers coupled with his martial arts expertise. Only those with a mind geared towards understanding the ins and outs of combat saw Rafael's power and skill-set for what it was. Many were in awe of Thee Champion and Amphetamines for their flashier power, yet few knew the danger the Black Jaguar truly posed.

Ivana was one of the few who did. And in a way, it made the reputed Panther King feel more or less connected to the Shogun of the Sword. "It certainly won't. Our cause is more important than myself. I don't need much. Venezuela needs the money and assets more than I do. All I need is for mutant-kind to be free, and for you to succeed", he paused, crossing both arms before his chest. As his cool, enigmatic gaze wandered all about, as if spreading his charismatic mystique across Ivana's throne room, he resumed. "I don't know much about your background, Ivana. But when I look at you, I can tell that you've been discriminated a lot. Even by your own kind, for one reason or the other", be it that her ideology was too extreme or that she didn't fit the world's socially established standards for beauty, Rafael postulated a number of reasons. "I can see the pain. Because I've seen it before. It's the same kind I see when I look at myself".

"Conventionally, the world doesn't see you as a hero. They don't know about your past struggles. Maybe you're simply too real for this world. But to all of these people that are now under your leadership. They don't look at you the way everyone else that wronged has and does. And neither do I", he paused. "They look at you as a hero. The living embodiment of something that will bring a better tomorrow for them. A better tomorrow that I'll help you build. I said I would do anything to help our kind and anything you need of me. If you would have me be the finance minister, I accept", Rafael paused, before injecting mild humor into the conversation."Besides, there's nobody else that can make this country rich and make it stay rich". Expressing his contentment over her agreement to assist him in preventing France's rumored takeover by an unknown party, Rafael issued smiled, albeit somewhat faintly. "It'll be better than old times".

Allowing for a brief moment of silence, Rafael voiced his approval or rather appreciation for what the Shogun has come to achieve for their people. "I'm proud of you, Ivana".

She listened in silence before smiling as she responded. " 'Too real for this world.' Hah! I think that's probably true."

"And thank you. Those words mean a lot to me. There is truth to them, but I'm not going to wallow in my hardships." The Shogun winked, and grinned. "I prefer to wallow in the hardships I'll put on my enemies."

"And know that I am proud of you as well. It is easy for a mutant who is downtrodden, despised and lost to join our cause. They have nothing to loose. But for a global celebrity with billions in the bank and the power to be threatened by any..? That requires a real belief in the cause."

How one reacted to difficult times did a lot to mold their personality. Ivana drew strength from her struggles. She looked back at the things she had endured and took pride in the strength it took to survive. When she was blinded she did not descend into depression or morn the loss of all light; she engaged the change as a chance to forge her strength anew in the flames of a new struggle.

It was a chance to grow, as all previous hardships had been. The hottest fires forged the sharpest swords.

"However I'm afraid I must end our conversation and begin preparing for battle. Events are moving quickly."

"I will join you in France soon. Though I would rather strike at the Wildcardz myself the mutants in France need my protection more."

#174 Posted by Strigidae_23 (6388 posts) - - Show Bio

[ And thank you to everyone for waiting so patiently :-) ]

#175 Posted by Arquitenens (12005 posts) - - Show Bio

I really wanna deal with Ivana but she's got a ton of appointments and will almost surely need a break after all this.

I feel like the girl whose friend is all important and super busy so I get all afraid to approach her.

#176 Posted by Strigidae_23 (6388 posts) - - Show Bio

@arquitenens: Haha, I felt the same way during your Avalon run.

#177 Posted by Arquitenens (12005 posts) - - Show Bio

@strigidae_23: Well, that is simply unacceptable. You should never feel that way!

#178 Posted by Strigidae_23 (6388 posts) - - Show Bio

@_envy_ [ Heya, I keep thinking I owe you a reply but I can't find a post I'm suppose to reply to. If its lost in the shuffle quote it and I'll respond first thing! ]

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
#179 Edited by Cassius_Knightfall (12577 posts) - - Show Bio

@strigidae_23: i added up the HOF votes the other day to tell Pyro how it was going. Sent LL account updated tallies to make your job alittle easier tomorrow. Presuming anyone else votes between now and then

#180 Posted by Strigidae_23 (6388 posts) - - Show Bio

@cassius_knightfall: [ Very kind of you. Enabling my laziness hehee. Thank you though, I'll check that account tomorrow and you're right, that will make it a lot easier to tally. ]

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
#181 Edited by Cassius_Knightfall (12577 posts) - - Show Bio

@strigidae_23: No problem, made the list anyways so thought it would save you a job.

#182 Posted by Vinnie_Tahoe (759 posts) - - Show Bio

@strigidae_23:

"Hmmm...Conquer by diplomacy? Dunno if that's really my thing.", Vin says jokingly as he lifts his t-shirt off his 'matress' and swaggers out of the cell. His lips were curled up for the whole walk.

" But maybe...just maybe I'll give you a chance. Afterall, I can't resist those puppy eyes your blue friend here is making...", he jestingly answers while putting on the shirt. "That aaand the fact that I spent the last of my cash on the ride here.", he adds while swiching his focus on Arrachtach's face. His inner child was intrigues by this being. Vincent saw a lot of weird beings in his travels but a blue yeti? That was like something straight out of a Dr. Seuss book.

"*sigh* Jokes aside, mademoiselle. What's the gig about?", he asks the new Shogun as his satire tone fades into pure seriousness.

#183 Posted by _Envy_ (421 posts) - - Show Bio

@_envy_ [ Heya, I keep thinking I owe you a reply but I can't find a post I'm suppose to reply to. If its lost in the shuffle quote it and I'll respond first thing! ]

(Crap. I just reviewed the convo IC and noticed that it was eaten. I'll make up for it after I get off work)

#184 Posted by Rafael_Romeiro (2566 posts) - - Show Bio

@strigidae_23:

Though Ivana couldn't see it, not that it even occurred to him, Rafael issued a tame nod in response to her words before assuring her of one thing. "I'll take care of the Wildcardz for you, Ivana. You have more important things that need your attention", he reasoned before calmly allowing himself a sly snipe at the Wildcardz, "Besides, if you want to toy with a family of ants, just buy an ant-farm". Bidding his farewell, he departed, "I'll see you in France, Shogun".

#185 Posted by Clutch (3263 posts) - - Show Bio
#186 Edited by Strigidae_23 (6388 posts) - - Show Bio

Sooo... JJ only spent one night in rehab.

#187 Posted by Necrommander (654 posts) - - Show Bio
#188 Posted by Strigidae_23 (6388 posts) - - Show Bio
#189 Posted by Arquitenens (12005 posts) - - Show Bio

[Okay even I couldn't resist jumping on him for this one.]

He just gets over drug use at an accelerated rate. Like Anderson and injury!

#190 Posted by Necrommander (654 posts) - - Show Bio

@strigidae_23: With great power, comes great lack of self-awareness. ;)

#191 Edited by Strigidae_23 (6388 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll say this.. Cormier might not have the belt.. but he'll always have the gifs.

No Caption Provided

#192 Posted by Strigidae_23 (6388 posts) - - Show Bio

@vinnie_tahoe:

"Hmmm...Conquer by diplomacy? Dunno if that's really my thing.", Vin says jokingly as he lifts his t-shirt off his 'matress' and swaggers out of the cell. His lips were curled up for the whole walk.

" But maybe...just maybe I'll give you a chance. Afterall, I can't resist those puppy eyes your blue friend here is making...", he jestingly answers while putting on the shirt. "That aaand the fact that I spent the last of my cash on the ride here.", he adds while swiching his focus on Arrachtach's face. His inner child was intrigues by this being. Vincent saw a lot of weird beings in his travels but a blue yeti? That was like something straight out of a Dr. Seuss book.

"*sigh* Jokes aside, mademoiselle. What's the gig about?", he asks the new Shogun as his satire tone fades into pure seriousness.

Arrachtach met his gaze, pushing up his round glasses with a clawed finger. He spent so much time isolated with his fellow mutants that he forgot the way people stared. He liked to forget.

Suddenly uncomfortably he looked away, feeling that old self consciousness descend upon him. Not knowing how to react he broke Vinnie's gaze, staring down at his touchscreen pad and tapping it with a claw, scrolling through windows at random.

Ivana felt his movements through her somatic reading. She felt a touch of pity and a surge of protectiveness but she would never humiliate Arrachtach by showing pity in front of others.

They had chosen opposite paths. Arrachtach had hidden himself away from the eyes of the world. Ivana had felt the invisible pressure to conform and spit on it with her tattoos, her hair, her build and her attitude.

"Its a simple 'gig'." She replied. Russian accented English echoed off the hard walls and cool air of the prison.

"The Wildcardz have wronged Venezuela and we are going to retaliate. I am sending a mix of individuals to strike back against them. Some are proven veterans. Others are warriors who showed great promise in the Battle of the Bridge."

A grin touched the hard lines of her face. "And ideally I'm sending a wildcard of my own: you."

#193 Posted by _Nox_ (9701 posts) - - Show Bio
#194 Posted by Tenjin (2432 posts) - - Show Bio

@clutch said:

@rafael_romeiro : Bring it. Please.

Bring it indeed.

<------ From beyond the grave.... dunn dunnn dunnnnnn!!!!!!

#195 Posted by Bogeyman (7019 posts) - - Show Bio
@tenjin said:

@clutch said:

@rafael_romeiro : Bring it. Please.

Bring it indeed.

<------ From beyond the grave.... dunn dunnn dunnnnnn!!!!!!

Ha! Will do, manos.

#196 Posted by Tenjin (2432 posts) - - Show Bio

@connoisseur: We will be waiting for the Portuguese Princess. He can sit there and look pretty while we slap his Atlas Man knock-off a^$ around....

(I am honestly super excited about this lol)

#197 Edited by Bogeyman (7019 posts) - - Show Bio

@tenjin: I'll make love to your ladies (if you have any) and whoop your Samurai Jack-trying asses at the same time ;P

Should be fun :)

#198 Posted by Clutch (3263 posts) - - Show Bio

Getting anxious actually . Someone is gonna die, lol.

#199 Posted by Tenjin (2432 posts) - - Show Bio

@connoisseur: You would be too busy rubbing glitter and oil on your flamboyant a^$ to touch this samurai swag XP

#200 Posted by Bogeyman (7019 posts) - - Show Bio

@tenjin: I'll be too busy waiting for your boy to finish making my iPod with the rest of his labor day crew ;)