Shadow's Edge - CVU Open RP - OOC thread

Fallen_Savant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fallen_Savant

The premise of this RP is that BladeBrave's evil (ex???) girlfriend went to the Black Expanse on a whim, and unfortunately the madness of the place is destroying her control over the shadows she has bound. If you're paying attention to Shadow's Web, that's one of the 12 shadow entities she bound into her soul. Saikea does not have good decision making skills sometimes. Anyway, fortumately she's also in the Black Expanse, because otherwise she'd be like yikes. Also she's 8-9 months pregnant, if you haven't been keeping track. Your mission (allies) is to either talk some sense into her or keep her from destroying the people who are trying to talk some sense into her. Your mission if you aren't an ally is whatever you want it to be.

If you are interested in joining, here are the relevant points:

1. This RP takes place in the Black Expanse. You must be familiar with the locale - two of the main important parts of the locale is that all characters are nerfed and that everyone is going slowly insane. For the first part, that means that even if your character is usually a god, for this one they're roughly street tier, so think hard about how your characters powers would work if they weren't that powerful. For the second part, write the crazy, guys. Write the crazy.

2. No more than two alts per person. I think that's pretty reasonable as far as letting people run what they like but not having an entire RP taken over by The 500 Alts of That One Guy.

Wow, pretty simple. How about that. As usual, it's appreciated if you have a reason for your character to be there- whether that's an interest in the locale or an affiliation with Nathan, anything's cool with me.

The primary players in this RP are going to be as follows:

Saikea & the Shadows - The opposition, played on the Fallen_Savant account. Let it be known: Since she is the main opposition, since she is in the Black Expanse, and since she is even less sane than usual, she will have abilities she hasn't shown before. I know this is usually not done on CV, but it's going to be done here. I'm not going to write anything stupidly overpowered, but I'm not quite sure what all she's going to come up with, so we'll just see what happens. If that's not something you're willing to accept, this isn't the RP for you. Given that it's going to be her versus all y'all, I'm mostly doing this so she doesn't fall over on the first post. I am very good at moderating my power levels, so it shouldn't be a problem.

The Safeguard Team: BladeBrave / DemonDiane / Solaris / Iridum. BladeBrave is in charge of coordination and trying to bring Saikea back to sanity.

Kaedriel: Saikea's bodyguard? Handmaiden? I don't know what to call her. Primarily written on the Fallen_Savant account (though I may tag in with her on Bladebrave if they're working together). She doesn't talk much.

So, that all said, I'd like to get an idea of who all is interested so I know what I'm dealing with - if you can post who's going to be there and why you want them to be, that would be great. I aim to start tomorrow or the next day. Incidentally, this one wraps up my little RP-series and will be the last one I run for a bit until I find some more inspiration somewhere.

LunaHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh god that's where this is?

That's not good, that's not good at all. There's no sun down there.

Fallen_Savant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunahawk:

Yep, that's where this is. It's gonna be awesome.

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk if I should join or not I would be perfect for transporting the team there. But then I'm already participating in the other one. How long after shadows web is this rp?

Fallen_Savant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Fallen_Savant

@orange_water:

In my headcanon they happen simultaneously and/or this one is about 24 hours later, but if you want to pretend they don't and join in anyway, I have no objection to that since I know you don't have any alts.

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallen_savant: okay then I guess I won't join in merely because these events are so close together on the time frame espically with Grim. But I wish the best of luck to you with this rp.

Avatar image for demonboundsitri
demonboundSitri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_gaige_: what's the bullet made out of that you just fired?

_Razor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demonboundsitri:

Basically standard 7.62x39 (the standard of an ak47) just slightly reinforced to endure the more advanced fire system.

Avatar image for demonboundsitri
demonboundSitri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_razor_:

Okie dokie, so just your basic bullet then and not some sort of mystic-moonlight-infused tittillanium thing.

Arenaceus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demonboundsitri: correct she just tried to make it shoot faster I've yet to find a blueprint for mystic-moonlight-infused tittillanium >.> the struggle is real

Mr_Warthen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mr_Warthen

Edit: I kind of want to join to be honest but I'm not sure who to use. I have a crap ton of characters as per usual but only so many of them would get involved.

Only either Enrico (this alt) or Conrad Warthen (@anonymous3) would make much sense OOC and IC to be here. I'm leaning towards Conrad due to the kind of gear he has compared to Enrico, although Enrico would undoubtedly be better at surviving and better working with the insanity stuff.

Fallen_Savant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_warthen:

Whatever you feel is best is welcome. I've been thinking about this a little bit and since there's not a whole lot of interest, I've decided that I'm going to run it not as a big event but as a series of open blogs - so anyone wishing to tag in and be involved can post on each blog segment as it goes up and we can RP through the segment, but then that means I won't be obligated to wait around if people aren't posting or are moving in directions that don't go towards the objectives. That way I can accomplish the plot and character development that I want to do, hopefully with a little less frustration for me, and other people can still come in and have an impact at a rate that works for them.

Mr_Warthen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallen_savant: Thanks!

That seems like a good idea in my opinion.

I'll probably come in with Conrad because he fits just a little bit better with the situation. Just as long as I can think of a proper intro post once it starts.

Anonymous3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallen_Savant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, just go for it.

Anonymous3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iridum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Iridum

Did a thing in thing

Loading Video...

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My location being used!
My location being used!

Nemo has no affiliation with any of the main players, so I'm not going to throw him in just to be there. I'll be reading eagerly though! :)

Kaede_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kaede_

@supra-man:

Your location is the coolest location that no one wants to go to except me. We need more crazy people.

BladeBrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A reminder that this is the OC thread for Shadow's Edge.

Part 3 is going to go up in just a few minutes. I would ask that any commentary that might spoil the Things go here. For people involved, I strongly recommend you read Part 3 before reading the OC thread so you don't get spoiled.

And yeah, I do feel like it's big enough to be worth a bump to the OC thread. >.>

Iridum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was gona do Bitter post then get food.

Instead I have to drop everything and post like right now for this lol

Kaede_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kaede_

@iridum:

hahaha XD

You know those posts are still gonna be there when you get back, right? I'm not gonna delete 'em.

Iridum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaede_:

Nope! Already two paragraphs in. Someone is not in a good mood :D

Anonymous3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My post should be up by tonight.

Kaede_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iridum:

To be fair, she wasn't in a very good mood before, either.

Iridum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Kaede_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iridum:

Nice. Worked all the seven deadly sins in there, too, I noticed. I will respond (fight!) later, maybe this evening or early tomorrow so anonymous can get his in. I'm going to try to focus on the other threads when I have time to write posts this afternoon.

_Gaige_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaede_:

I've a list of other posts but had to get to this like asap the PISSED OFF Rana ideas were just to strong

Also yay! It was noticed! It took me a bit to figure out how to reference the sins and 9 circles in just the right way

Anonymous3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Posted. didn't want to get left behind.