Sentinels Comics RPG - 5 stars!

norafrase84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By norafrase84

I got the chance to try out the Sentinel Comics rpg starter kit last weekend, and it was outstanding!

I love Sentinels, but I was on the fence about it. I was disappointed with Sentinel Tactics, and I have plenty of good rpgs in my life. But boy does this system work well!

It really captures the feel of being a real deal super hero. There aren’t arbitrary limits on what you can do in a “turn” that make it feel game-y or less than super heroes.

If Wraith wants to whip up an electrical current to super charge her throwing knives, why not? If Zero feels like constructing an ice wall around a sky-scraper, go for it it! The limits of the system are only in your imagination. You can be beaten by supervillains, but mundane situations just aren’t going to be a problem. Tweakbox

The mechanics of the game are smooth, simple, and make you feel like you are in the pages of a comic book. Its easy to jump into, and you can have a worthwhile session in 90 minutes (compared to other rpgs where you really need 3-4 hours to properly tell a chapter of a story). It’s really very well done.

If you were on the fence like me, I 100% recommend you try it out!