• 158 results
Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Cutting_Edge

@pretty_kitty_: (Good morning! Hey, are you going to post next on the Mark Tower thread or should I?)

Pretty_Kitty_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chase_Moone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Chase_Moone

@_araneae_: @rosso: Hope this is alright, I suck at intros so if you want me to redo anything that's cool.

Weaving dangerously in and out of traffic, several police cars chased after their target, half blinded by glare of headlights, an onslaught of bullet sized rain drops thundering onto the windshield, wipers frantically moving over the never ending sheet of water, blurring the street, the Seattle Police daringly chased the smudged red tail lights, back ends skidding out wildly around corners, tires squeal, and the engine begins getting pushed to the limit, over 126 MPH through red lights, and soon it was no longer a chase...it was a firing zone; bullets started raining down against the Seattle Police Force's cars. The blue and red lights are little more than smudgy illuminations in the slanting rain. But beneath their glow is the white bodywork of a police car. It's yellow-white headlights spotlight the dense mist that permeates the air.

Several of the officers whispered prayers as they returned fire, hoping against hope that this next shot wouldn't be the one that brought along the end of his life.

But then everything changed.

No Caption Provided

The rain and gloom was split in half as a being clad in red and blue turned the tide.

Swinging on webs crafted by his own hand Chase Moone pursued, his body flying through the air with the nimble grace beyond any human capabilities. His body contorted as he caught air and pushed higher than the buildings themselves. "WHOOOOOOO!"

The police and shooters were in his sights, his eyes shooting past the rains hindrances as he zoned in Calculate, assess, attack the mission, thwip, twip. Two web lines shot through the air several hundred feet below him attaching to a police vehicle below and the Araneid felt gravity grab him and throw him towards the ground to which he would land on the hood, a grin breaking through his mask as his lenses contracted happily. "What it do Boys in Blue?! Leave it to me from here, I got this!"

What happened next was weird, his Spider Sense rang out in two separate directions, one making note of someone's arrival while the other making light of an immediate danger two his being, Gunshots, move.

No Caption Provided

Lithe muscles move underneath his suit, his wrists flick and tendons strain as he betrays gravity and flips into the air catching wind and floating in the air before one of his webs would attach to a nearby building and he would be back at it. He stayed low and close to the ground allowing his momentum and speed to carry him forward, his fingers brushed across the ground and he caught sight of the one who he had sensed before, and he would shout over the rain and wind.

"YOU HIT EM HIGH I HIT EM LOW?" With that Chase Moone would disappear into a back alley as he prepared to cut the cars off at the front.

Hopefully Katherine would be in the mood to help a young Spider-Boy out.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chase_moone: Yes, I have a problem what kind of car are they driving? Because if 70 MPH is the limit they have no business committing crimes with that vehicle.

Hehee, it's fine lol I'll have something up tonight or tomorrow I think.

Chase_Moone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso:

Hey hey hey...you're right 70 MPH is to slow *LMAO* Lemme bump it up a bit.

_Araneae_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chase_moone: Don't love it but you know how I am with intros.

Juuust great. With the rain going like this, if I have to stay in this alley one more night I'll grow roots.

Katie slumped against the wall and to the ground. This was an absolute bust. Given Seattle's notable metahuman population she was sure she'd be able to find some sort of information on the attitudes and aftermath of Elsa's "cure." But hardly anyone even wanted to stop and talk in the first place, except those two creeps who she was pretty sure had experience with neither mutation nor the suppressing agent.

Slinging her Jake the Dog backpack into her lap, she pulled her pencil and notepad to review her list. Hmm...Seattle is shit. Maybe Los Angeles? Those narcissists love to talk about themselves. Might have to check in with Cruella de Vil first so she won't get suspicious. I could just tell her I'm in Ethusalia for my sister. But something tells me she'd have as much sympathy for "family matters" as a lioness.

She checked her wallet. $17.89. It'd be a long walk down the Western US unless she could get the fat man to wire her some money...for the seventh time.

Fat chance, she thought, the irony eliciting a late fit of giggling just before a familiar pang shot through her spine and settled at the base of her skull. Sirens in the distance, and getting closer. Katie couldn't really think of any reason to involve herself but—peowm! Something bounced off the wall, narrowly missing her head just as the vehicles sped past. But just as the danger passed an idea seemed to hit where it missed.

"Wait, that's it!" Katie shouted, passing a glance to both sides of the alley, hastily changing out of her t-shirt and jeans and into her hand-sewn costume. Please don't let me get sick, I just can't miss this! These criminals were a godsend! She didn't have to get involved. If she could get some good pictures and write up a story, some local paper would be happy to pay her for her work! Hopefully.

One moment she was standing in the alley, the next she was 20 feet in the air, deceptive strength propelling her like a springboard into the sky. Her webs still weren't perfect but by then she'd gotten enough practice to maneuver her spinnerets amply under normal circumstances, even if it did take nearly all of her concentration.

As she closed in on the shooters, trying to nail as many "shots" of her own, she realized they weren't just firing at the officers. A "hero." Guess Seattle's still got a few narcissists of its own. Katie's stomach turned. One who, while grossly undervaluing the seriousness of the situation, was trying to commandeer it to his advantage - Tch! No surprise there - and he had the nerve to try and issue her commands. "Fine! But I'm not helping you, I'm helping them," she called back and extended her arm toward the car.

Web attached to rear bumper. She was strong enough to stop them cold. But the inertia was too much. Bringing the car to a sudden stop, its occupants were thrown through the windshield. Battered by the impact, mutilated by shattered glass and the tumbling of their bodies along the ground. At that speed, there was nothing anyone could do.

Fate flashed before her eyes and, without shooting a web to save her or to stop the car, Katie was falling, leaving the vehicle speeding on its way. Haunted by the spectre of the last time she used her powers on ordinary humans, she came out of the stupor only by her own crushing impact with the ground. "Agck!" For nearly a minute she struggled to breathe against the constricting pain in her chest and though she ultimately did, her camera'd been smashed to bits and so had her sense of self-worth in the fall.

The officers stared on awkwardly before resuming the chase themselves, leaving the small-town spider alone to pick up the pieces of herself.

Chase_Moone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_araneae_: Nah it was great.

No Caption Provided

The Arachnid Wonder was still hot on their trail having used a back alley as a shortcut to success the criminals now found themselves relentlessly pursued by a boy of unparalleled physical ability and athletic prowess, he flung himself high above the buildings his webbing rested on, his muscles clenched and his fingers clung power but released with precision when needed. His movements were graceful yet short, quick and almost predatory much like a real spider. Katherine had flunked and Chase shook his head slightly but kept up his grind nonetheless.

No Caption Provided

The thiefs stared in a grip of silent panic, they wore wild eyes, pupils dilated, their hearts began racing as Chase climbed closer, their brain synapses firing like a hyped-up internal aurora borealis or a cluster bomb exploding. "SHOOT HIM DOWN!"

With 360 degree omnidirectional senses Chase's webs shot out latching to a building in the distance using his weight to pull himself out of the way of bullet fire until he found himself on the van where a gunman sat on the sunroof. "Hey, hold on to this for me alright? Thanks." Thwip, a web attached to the lone shooter as Chase maneuvered his way around the vehicle, leg powering a flip as the string wrapped it's way around him leaving nothing but a yoink as he was shot through the sky.

No Caption Provided

With the gunman gone that just left the cars, with a simple backflip Chase would hope off the car, attaching a single web line to the vehicle and one to the other Chase would intertwine the two pieces of spun strands and hold on to them raising into a handstand while in between the cars, then with the smashing together of his arms the two cars would occupy each others space, colliding together and ultimately ceasing their movement. Hopping to the ground he would place several trip mines outside the vehicle before beginning to walk away, "Now be good and wait for the cops to arrest you alright? Thank you for your cooperation!"

As he was walking way he heard the subtle opening of a door and he would shout over his shoulder, "Those webs don't desolve for several hours so think carefully bout that."

The door was shut quickly.

No Caption Provided

The Spider made his way back to Katherine leaving the police to do their job, if she was still lyin on the ground Chase would slide to her position and offer her a hand up. "You alright? You took kind of a nasty fall."

_Araneae_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chase_moone:

"God...fecking..." Why couldn't things just go right for once in her pathetic clusterfeck of a life? Katie looked down at the shattered parts that were once her camera and tried not to cry. Not there, not in front of everyone. Not in the suit. Somehow the suit made it worse. They usually projected some sort of power, a confidence and capability that put one above the average teenager. If she broke down there she'd have to fashion a whole new outfit just to escape the shame.

Katie never set out to be a "hero," or even an altruist, really. But she understood that as an aspiring "reporter," looking the part would net her more opportunities (and not to mention safety and privacy) than some weirdo girl who actually makes legit webs from her body. And now she'd been roped into this.

By him. She looked up at the one who'd asked her help in the first place, apparentlyfor no reason since he could obviously do the job himself, bitter and blaming him but not really in a position to lash out. "Nngh...yeah, no yeah, I'm fine. Calculated risks, I take 'em all the time," she said, feigning levity as she began hastily gathering the remnants of her camera. "I'm not the best at math so this causes problems. But in the end, bad guys got got and that's what counts."

Chase_Moone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_araneae_: I really like Katherine *LOL*

"Nngh...yeah, no yeah, I'm fine. Calculated risks, I take 'em all the time,"

The discomfort in her voice was evident, and Chase sympathized, he had his own insecurities and fears, things that held him back. Which was why he was here in Seattle in the first place, attempting to solve something that held him back emotionally. He hadn't told Arthur he had left instead opting to buy his own car and set out on his own.

Kathrine was angry at him most definitely, but her self control was pretty admirable despite obviously wanting to tell the Arachnid Wonder off.

"I'm not the best at math so this causes problems. But in the end, bad guys got got and that's what counts."

"Sorry for ropin you into that." His hand would drift to the back of his head ruffling his mask as if there were hair there; a habit he had to break. "But don't sell yourself short, you came to the call. If you're not busy maybe I can help you out."

Chase would extend a gloved hand to the pink spider, his lenses would widen out friendly, "I'm Araneid."

_Araneae_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By _Araneae_

@chase_moone:

"Ha!—ooofh," Katie groaned, massaging her bruised ribs. "No, really, I don't see how anyone else does it. I mean, with the constant applied physics, your body being a pendulum, keeping track of your weight and different distances and angles...and I've gotta learn how to move these things?" she blabbered, holding out her hand not to shake, but as though to show off the spinnerets in her wrists...before realizing they were totally obscured by the costume itself.

"Anyway, I met this other girl in LA and she had no problems either. I donno how the rest of you guys do it. But no, that's alright. I don't need 'helping out,' not like that. I'm not actually trying to be one of you. I just wanted some pictures. Maybe a video."

Chase_Moone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_araneae_:

"I actually tried to not think of the physics and math so much, at least not until I could focus on the math without it throwing you off. Try using your senses more than your brain. It might help."

As she held out her hand Chase instinctively reached out to shake it before realizing that was not what she meant...for the second time since the two met his hand would scratch the back of his head as he laughed awkwardly.

"Ha...ha...my bad. But um...what's the problem? Are they web-shooters? Spinnerets? Your gloves are y-y'know..." Katherine went on and Chase silently exhaled in relief "O-ok, yeah lets change the topic."

"Anyway, I met this other girl in LA and she had no problems either. I donno how the rest of you guys do it. But no, that's alright. I don't need 'helping out,' not like that. I'm not actually trying to be one of "I just wanted some pictures. Maybe a video."

No Caption Provided

Chase would point at her with a little chuckle in his voice, "She probably trained her a$$ off to get that good. Let me give you a little secret info. Any Spider who gives the appearance of perfection with no flaws is a liar, it takes training, your wipeout you had...I had 'em all the time, once I hit a billboard, a bus and an old lady within like 20 seconds of each other. Explaining that to police where I come from...did not go well."

Placing his hands on his hips he'd nod to himself "If you wanna learn to get a grip on your powers, just practice. As for your video...." Hands would grab at his waist as he searched for his video recorder and he'd hit success as a small, lightweight camera decorated with a large black spider fell into his palm. "Oh, perfect." He'd toss the device to Katherine and one of his lenses would wink at her "There's a video of the car chase, and a few other crimes I had stopped in there. I was gonna put 'em on Youtube but eh it's whatever. Just don't go too far down into there, you might find some embarrassing things." He said flashing back to the Araneid/Churro incident.

Deciding now was the time to introduce himself he'd hold out his hand this time for a handshake. "I'm Araneid."

_Araneae_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chase_moone:

Katie rolled her eyes beneath the mask. "Well duh, nobody's perfect, any twelve year old knows that. But I've been—wait, why am I...I told you I'm not trying to be one of you. Stop that!" Geez, good thing he couldn't see her face. She was sure she would've been bright red. Although, not wanting to appear the quitter, she crossed her arms defiantly and added, "I'm still gonna keep practising - like I was - but not because you told me to or I'm trying to be some sort of glory hound 'hero.'"

He was just trying to be helpful...even if she did think the idea sounded ass-backwards. But his production of the camera finally swayed her to, at least outwardly, change her demeanor.

On Youtube. Of course. Glory hounds, like I said. So he wasn't a total asshole. She was definitely gonna dig as deep into his archive as she could, but maybe not throw all his business out there. And he had experience, and obviously some resources behind him. He could still help her in other ways. "I...don't have a name," she said, lightening up considerably. "Like I said, I'm not a hero. I just sewed the suit together so I could keep myself secret while...doing other things. Like this. So I haven't given it any real thought. Hey, speaking of 'this,' how'd you capture your footage? I don't see you toting around a hefty bag or full gear...something in the eyes? Is this all P-O-V?"