If they only knew...
If they only knew...

Avatar image for ashley_knightfall
#53 Posted by Ashley_Knightfall (963 posts) - - Show Bio
#54 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio
#55 Posted by Beremud (622 posts) - - Show Bio
#56 Posted by Phantomshell (1152 posts) - - Show Bio

@beremud said:

Intent on interrupting my coffee break, hmm?

I havent decided yet
I havent decided yet
#58 Posted by Phantomshell (1152 posts) - - Show Bio

@beremud:

It was go time. By now the Phantomshell had removed his black ball cap; a callback to the forgotten revolutionary of the Humans Now movement. Who even to this day, continued to inspire and spread the infectious dogma of human superiority. A misguided all be it theatrical philosophy that Ishmael had fictitiously adopted. In time he would subvert the LeBeau Legacy, cut the legs out from underneath him by turning his own army of recruits against him.

And Lucian? He was dead. His brain just hadnt caught up to it yet.

His red mask was much more form fitting. More personal, but it wasnt part of his original Ghostshell either. That had been lost along with 99% of his cosmetically cultivated gear. As he attached what remained of his wrist-mounted mobility device - with its lone remaining Carbonadium discharge cartridge - to his forearm, he had once again been reminded of that fact.

original
No Caption Provided
A set of Carbonadium wires stored inside the wrist mounted devices while the harness fastens to the lumbar area of the back. 2 independent axes revolve around a synthetic, two axle, spool. Which allows for faster revolutions of aerial acrobatics and weight supported durability.

Gotta make do. Thinking to himself as he exited the vehicle and stretched. Donning a basic hoodie and elongated shorts over compression tights. Rooking a pair of Nike Air max's with one magnetic burst left for a quick wall run. Nothing that would allow the human highlight film to stylishly sprint up the entire face of the hotel....maybe a floor if he were lucky.

No Caption Provided

Sticking his hands in his pockets the masked Strix nonchalantly took a stroll towards, and eventually into the building adjacent. It was only a short time later and he had effortlessly circumvent any deterrents on his way to the roof.

Without hesitation, pause, or fear; the cinematic acrobatics of the Shadowrun Strix carried the momentum of his premeditated sprint; as well as his body, out into the waiting embrace of gravity. Thunder. The sound of plummeting story after story, was like thunder. The turbulence was beyond intense, almost ripping the hoodie off the Phantom's back. But he was experienced. He was death-defying. And he was aerially electric. A natural acrobat who OH SHIT THAT WAS THE LEDGE!!!

Quickly, Ishmael adjusted for his foolish miscalculation and fired the Carbonadium wire into the balcony above the relaxing mogul. Instantly the jerk snapped his body before slingshot'nm him back on course. Landing in a silent crouched position along the banister, he simply nodded and lazily asked, "Got time for a meeting?"

#59 Posted by Beremud (622 posts) - - Show Bio

@phantomshell: [Not gonna lie; that was pretty awesome].

Elsa sighed internally as Ishmael landed on her banister. It really was too much to ask for her to have one evening alone with her own thoughts, wasn't it? Well, at least he had used the word "meeting" instead of "interview," so there was at least a 35% chance that he wasn't another metahuman paparazzo; it wasn't just shady government agencies who were beginning to recognize the advantages of having employees with above-human capabilities.

"Well," she replied, arching a speculative eyebrow at her unexpected (if impressive) visitor, "normally I would have several particularly large individuals toss an intruder such as yourself right over that banister you're perched on, but I have to confess that I am in no small amount impressed by your entrance. You have 60 seconds to confirm for me that indulging my own curiosity isn't a mistake, starting...now."

No Caption Provided

#60 Posted by Phantomshell (1152 posts) - - Show Bio

@beremud:

No Caption Provided

16 steps. The Phantomshell was already 16 steps deep in the room; hands returned to pockets, before Elsa had finished her drawn out, all be impressive monologue. "Jesus...I use to do that too didnt I. What an asshole" The subtle sniff of self-awareness caused him to arrogantly smirk beneath his mask. Cause in truth, he enjoyed being an asshole. He found it, as well as himself, endearingly entertaining on a near narcissistic level.

He sighed. Flopped on the extravagantly plush couch and let his head fall back against the arm rest. "You're gonna wanna pour us a couple of drinks Elsa." Sitting forward and slowly pulling the mask from his head. Perspiration dripping from his Adrenalin flushed face. After all, he was only human. Only human and had still just performed one of the greatest unseen feats in modern memory.

...............here's the plan

................not here. the next one

................almost there

................keep going

...................okay

(I'll pm you with the idea lol)

#61 Posted by Beremud (622 posts) - - Show Bio
#62 Posted by Beremud (622 posts) - - Show Bio

@phantomshell: Am I actually waiting for a PM, or should I go ahead and post? :P

#63 Posted by Phantomshell (1152 posts) - - Show Bio

@beremud: Hmm, good question. Take a gamble. Respond or wait for a pm but only pick one lmao

#64 Posted by Beremud (622 posts) - - Show Bio

@phantomshell:

Elsa stayed seated, almost casually watching the sweaty intruder as he made himself at home in her quarters. "I'm not sure what surprises me more," she said, "the idea that you'd honestly expect me to wait on you, or the implication that you'd trust any drink I'd give you. People who trust me typically enter through the door, generally after making an appointment. Besides, you look like you need a shower, not a drink."

No Caption Provided

#65 Posted by Tessa_Callahan (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, I need to read this.

#66 Edited by Phantomshell (1152 posts) - - Show Bio

@beremud: (Ha! Called my bluff. Nevermind the PM now :P)

Ishmael smirked, "Well I didnt want to assume but sure. A shower and a drink would be fantastic. You wouldn't believe it, but its actually quit difficult coming in through the window. Who knew. " There was no genuine motion towards the actual procurement of either items mentioned in the brief yet entertaining quips. There was however a slight look of amusement. A, 'Ah okay we're still playin the whole I'm legitimate game' look. Sarcastic and smug he looked at the floor, letting his bangs hang for a moment over his face. "Cut the shit Elsa I dont have the energy. I know it was you who hired the Savages to sack those specific locations in Gothic way back when. I just couldnt legally prove it then. Now, who *bleepin* cares." With hands clasped together he truly started to reveal his proposition. His purpose for being there.

"The way you play the game, its, well its actually quite masterful. I thought my brother held a special talent for this but you...you rival even his far reaching persuasive power. Superseding it in fact. But even you, with all your reach and influence, you cant reach the deepest areas of the game. The...darkest areas. Sure, for awhile. Maybe. But eventually your carefully constructed facade would spring a leak. Fracture. Implode. And then you and your father truly would share the same legacy." Immediately raising his hands with apologetic regret. "Sorry. Sorry. I'm an asshole, low blow. What I'm sayin is together we could rule Gothic from top to bottom. You, the white knight. The savior. The Beloved Beremud of the City that Would Not Die. And me, the dark knight. A myth. Legend. But not in my efforts to snuff out crime but rather to manipulate it. Help curb its eradicate and unpredictability. And in doing that, be the monster other monsters dont want to *bleep* with. I have an army of men. Loyal - to me - Trained. And all I need from you are a hand full of your brightest engineering minds. So they can reverse engineer this. And mass produce it for my men."

Pulling a basic USB drive from his pocket. "In case you think I'm tryin some slick shit. On that are the schematics for Quintus Knightfall's utility belt. All the gadgets, cataloged, itemized, and inspected. But I lack the means to go any further in my research. With my plan to lead an army of not one, but multiple Noir Roses. " Standing up, he glanced towards the bathroom and hesitated. On purpose. Business and pleasure. They never mixed well. "Rain check on that shower. Keep the drive. If you end up agreeing you can find me in Gothic using it. If not. You wont." Sauntering over to the window he sat for a moment on the rail. But only for a moment... "Wanna see something cool?"

No Caption Provided

and with that, he took his acrobatic leave

#67 Posted by Beremud (622 posts) - - Show Bio

@phantomshell: [I like living dangerously, lol].

She watched the stranger carefully as he spoke, dissecting not only his words, but his expression (what she could see of it) and his body language, as well. So, this one saw through her facade. Well, the first layer of it, anyways, she mused, suppressing a grin as her icy stayed fixed on Ishmael. What was telling, however, was not just what he knew, but the connection that he referred to in order to illustrate how he knew it. The Street Savages. If this wasn't the mystery vigilante who had attacked and thoroughly trounced her pawns then, he was surely someone connected to him.

And the name-dropping didn't stop there. Quintus Knightfall may not have been on the public radar recently, but his was a name whose fame and infamy was not likely to fade into the mists of history anytime soon. If the gift the stranger left behind truly was connected the the Knightfall's technological secrets, it was valuable...and dangerous.

She rose, indulging in a better view of her curious visitor's insanely impressive egress, before crossing to her bed. From beneath it, she fished a small laptop, carrying it to the table on which the small drive had been left. Turning the small computer over, she popped it open and removed its wireless card; if this was some trick to a virus or spyware into her systems, she wasn't about to make it that easy. Ensuring that the device was incapable of connecting to any network, she booted it up and connected the drive. What she saw was...worth acting upon.

Snatching up her phone, she dialed her dutiful assistant. "Get a flight back to Gothic. We're going home."

"Yes, tonight."

#68 Posted by Phantomshell (1152 posts) - - Show Bio

@beremud: (lol that was fun as *bleep* like marvel we moving to the next phase)

#69 Posted by Beremud (622 posts) - - Show Bio
#70 Edited by Warspool (659 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzenix-everdeen:

The scene echoed of carnage that could only have been captured in the moment, a tale of such blatant disregard for human reason and safety that it had cost multiple lives just to leave a trail to the culprit. There were several vehicles piled around in a circle, some flipped over and all of them completely unsalvageable. Broken plexiglass littered the freeway concrete like snow on a winter morning. However, it was the smell of blood that had been the most pungent clue as to what had happened here.

Bodies left behind with callous contempt for decency, they instead pointed silently towards their murderer with the angles of the bullets used to kill them. They were all heavily armed themselves, with spent shells littering their side of the engagement. The utterly disastrous conflict their killer had wrought seemingly choked the freeway. Especially since he was still here, both admiring his handiwork and taking into special consideration the sins of his current guest.

"Hey, big guy, smile real big for the camera they're gonna want this on the Titantron," he chuckled, aiming straight for the motorcycle helmet hiding the jarred grey matter of the man he currently spoke towards.

No Caption Provided

If his words had managed to make it beyond the deafening thickness of foam and padding, then surely those same ears would hear what would come next.

A kick methodically memorized from watching the Tampa Bay Buccaneers whif on field goals ever since Martin Gramatica got laid off connected with the side of the man's head.

The Homicidal Jabberwock felt a ringing in his foot, since he actually did manage to slam the jawline with the crux of his heel. That just meant what was going through this guy's own skull would be like sirens going off in his inner ear.

"Ha! That looked like it hurt," Warspool dusted his hands, grabbing the shell-shocked man by the collar of his jacket and forcing him halfway over the side of the barricade leading to busy traffic below.

"Alright, bud, I got a couple questions for you," he flipped open the visor, getting a good look at a couple of optical organs that were still spinning. "Okay, that's kinda gross and cool at the same time,"

He pushed him a bit further, to where his waist was the only fulcrum left.

"AAH! Put me down, put me down I'll talk!" he sobered out real quick then, but Warspool just reeled him back in far enough to see face-to-face. He kept a hand on the visor.

"Poor choice of words, considering, but I'm a nice guy. One: how was that kick? It felt a little off to me,"

Expecting it already, he closed the glass face-plate in automatic response to a mouthful of blood being spat his way. Opening the visor, he sent a rocking headbutt into the man's nose.

"Rude. I just wanted some criticism, I'm a big boy - I can handle it!"

"Just kill me already," his friend sputtered through gouts of blood oozing from his shattered nasal cavity.

"I got one last question for you: have you seen the plot around here somewhere?" he knew he wouldn't get an answer and just dropped him to the ground.

Arms akimbo, he started pacing around in a curiously lighthearted huff.

"Boy, I sure am tuckered out from killing these guys. I might need to take a nap, before finishing the contract to wipe out their organization,"

[What are you doing?]

"Oh you know, usually someone comes along and we either talk or fight depending on moral alignments. Sometimes it leads to something else, that's what makes the waiting worth it,"

[You have no idea do you?]

"OF COURSE I DON'T!" he snapped, stomping his foot and crunching more glass.

No one was around to listen to him babble to himself - at least not yet.

Avatar image for xzenix-everdeen
#71 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3725 posts) - - Show Bio

@warspool:

"Seattle, huh?" The scenery was great, just a little below the art of Monet Lisa in terms of quality. He was here to scout the area; potentially looking for a spot if the prices were right, so he began to walk to do just that. Not too long after he was close to traffic. "Yeah, I'm 'bout to go another way because I don't have time to--" CRUNCH!" The hell was that? Sounded like it was not too far from here...but where?" He stopped to investigate the sound of the crunching glass. The Flair looked left, right, ahead and back and saw nothing out of the ordinary. There was only one place left to look and it was up.

"Aight this gotta be it," he said while looking up. And to his surprise, he saw a bunch of banged up cars in a circle. "An accident maybe? Only one way ta find out." Xzenix started to run on top of cars and leap to higher heights to reach his destination. While horns are honking and foul language being spouted, Flair paid them no mind as he continued. "Almost there!" The shout was loud enough for anybody that was in the area to hear.

#72 Posted by Warspool (659 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzenix-everdeen:

"Bingo,"

He clicked his fingers repeatedly, drowning out any immediate mental faculties in order to concentrated on his wordless rendition of 'Africa' by Toto.

[He looks tough.]

"Probably is," Warspool replied quickly, getting closer to the approaching metal-armed man.

[You gonna tell him about the executive's daughter you're supposed to find?]

"Not yet,"

[Is that because you want to fight?]

"Or at least have a calm exchange of words over cups of coffee," the Crimson Carnage snapped back with a biting sarcasm.

He unsheathed both of his swords from their holsters on his back. Their sweet ringing marked the apex of his approach as his decent pace suddenly broke into a jovial skipping motion.

"Mama always told me to never run with scissors, but hopping with katanas? Not a word!"

He would continue this gait, leaping at his new friend with a twofold slash lateral with the throat.

[You like making messes everywhere don't you?]

"Shut up, invisible Brat Pitt!"

#73 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3725 posts) - - Show Bio

@warspool:

Flair finally made it up top, and he wasn't surprised by what he saw. Blood, battered cars, dead bodies. He's used to seeing stuff like this where he comes from. However, he was curious about the man in the red and black mask intentions. Before he could even ask any questions, the masked man lunged at him with twin swords in hand, aiming for his throat. But before they got there, Flair swiftly put his metal arm up, hoping to block at least one of the attacks. If it was successful, he fades his head back trying to create separation and protect his neck, then he reaches for the handgun he keeps on his waist, firing shots the stranger's way.

BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! "You picked the wrong fight, circus clown. Die, bitch."

#74 Posted by Rosso (5289 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it!

#75 Edited by Warspool (659 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzenix-everdeen:

The inherent risks with melee combat were numerous and - for lack of a better word - obvious. Three of those risks were now firmly lodged inside of Warspool's torso, complete with tracks of upturned flesh leading out back where they came from. Considering the proximity of the shots, it came as no surprise that those three bullets that came to rest somewhere between his small and large intestine had already bounced around. Only two of the initial rounds went straight through, leaving finger-sized exit wounds.

"That's gonna leave a mark,"

Needless to say, the Homidical Jabberwock didn't want any o' that.

"Okaaaay, you can stop describing it now," he said, reeling, and falling to the ground in a bleeding heap. "Nnnnnffffffff... it's like having a surgeon talk about everything he's doing instead of giving you proper anesthesia..."

He kicked at clumps of shattered plexiglass, his swords grazing his clavicles by the blunt edges. He stayed there for a second, but suddenly rolled into his back and rucked his knees close to her chest and flipped back to his feet - standing almost immediately afterwards.

[We good?]

"Oh yeah, we good," Warspool replied.

"Tell you what, Fullmetal, oops hold on,"

He turned around, sheathing his blades. He took off his mask up to the nose and closed one nostril before ejecting a bullet through his sinuses. Seemed the easiest way to do it, after all. Cleaning up, he put his mask back on and cleared his airway.

"Agh, shit, that was sitting in the back of my throat for days, you have no idea. Anyway, just tell me where the little girl you're keeping hostage is so I can get a paycheck and you don't have to look for another or two parts for your growing Optimus Prime cosplay."

#76 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3725 posts) - - Show Bio

@warspool:

"Im... Impossible! How can you just shake off my shots and start talkin' shit afterward? You can't be human doin' stuff like that. Let's keep it simple: you better begin using that mouth of yours or more of these slugs will be flyin' your way faster than a cheetah," he said while aiming the gun at the enigma. Xzenix knew everything he just said was b.s. given the fact, his guns seem rather useless against this guy, but he wasn't about to let it show. He refused to let his poker face be read 'cause he believed it's a sign of weakness.

Anyway, just tell me where the little girl you're keeping hostage is so I can get a paycheck and you don't have to look for another or two parts for your growing Optimus Prime cosplay."

Then this just dawned on him, like it went over his head similar to an eagle. Nothing about Flair changed but his voice did get a little softer because he was dumbfounded by being accused of such before quickly breaking out of that phase. "Wait, wait, wait!!! The fluff are you talkin' bout? What girl do you speak of?" Not even giving him a chance to respond, he added more to his already full plate. "That and talkin' to yourself. You do that, yes? Is it the voices?"

#77 Posted by Warspool (659 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzenix-everdeen:

"What girl? You know, Dani Fenton - she was just fourteen, when her father started his work on genes; she got kidnapped and I have a bounty," he tapped his thighs to some imaginary beat.

"I spent the better part of an hour thinking of that,"

[You've been here the entire time, bud.]

"Oh right. Anyway. You're not with these guys?" he took a fleeting glance behind and around him, with the already dead and those struggling to survive in their midst. He gave a faint laugh.

"I wouldn't want to be with them either. But if you don't know anything about the hostage situation... then that means!" he struggled not to give off a thick smog of sarcasm. He failed.

Behind him, obscured by the wreckage of the cars, one of the thugs had hopped onto a motorbike and started to drive away from the panic. Warspool glanced between the spot he had left the cyclist and his new friend - slowly, then rapidly. Only after the fourth repetition did he actually stop and kick at a rogue clump of shattered glass.

"SHIT! Come on man, you got a car right? We can trail him no problem, split the reward!" the Homicidal Jabberwock pressed his hands together in a pleading fashion, smiling innocently under his mask.

#78 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3725 posts) - - Show Bio

@warspool:

"What girl? You know, Dani Fenton - she was just fourteen, when her father started his work on genes; she got kidnapped and I have a bounty," he tapped his thighs to some imaginary beat.

"Yeah, I dunno what you're talkin' about. Who's this Dani Fenton girl, and why is she so important?" He wasn't expecting an answer out of this crazed man, but it's not gonna hurt to try. After all, he could be in for a surprise.

Flair still had the gun aimed his way, refusing to take his eyes off of him. "And of course I'm not with these losers," he said while slightly looking down at the stretched out bodies. "If I were, you'd be downed like a five dollar bitch. I mean that." Xzenix was ready to respond to more of his words, but a thug interrupted his speech, taking off in a car. "Geez, what kind of assassin work do you do? You show mercy to your prey?" A smile appeared on his face, somewhat mocking the stranger.

Flair stared him down before replying back, with the gun still aimed at 'im. "Reward you say? Just how much is it? If this is legit then..."

No Caption Provided

"The first condition is you better be a man of your word. Secondly, you should brief me in more before I just randomly assist you." He took his eyes off him for a sec, putting the gun away. "Deal or no deal?"

#79 Posted by Warspool (659 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzenix-everdeen:

"Hey! I am at least $20," Warspool snapped back at the initial comment, stabbing a finger through the air towards his new buddy.

"As for Dani, her dad wants her back alive for a cool 800k. Since that's his house payment I shouldn't say that I'm surprised, but that's still a lot. He's some high-end scientist or whatever for an industrial plant back in Gothic, I don't know the details. Seems nice enough to, you know, want his daughter back,"

Warspool paid about as much attention to his friend's snarky comments as he did to a game of golf, but he still didn't take too kindly to them in the first place. Or, rather, he did - but in a continuously joking context.

"Hey, even Han Solo missed a few shots," he shrugged innocently.

"Besides, I'm about as honest as I am crazy. And the subject on if we have a deal or not depends entirely on if you want 400k in your bank account tomorrow morning,"

His grin spread all the wider.

[He still can't see that.]

"A man can dream, invisible Brad Pitt. A man can dream."

#80 Posted by Hawkshade (4934 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

The Bitcoin Billionaire walked out of the tech expo and stuck the handful of business cards he had been given into the inside pocket of his leather motorcycle jacket. He might be a z-list celebrity who was frequently the target of tabloid hit pieces but he was also a billionaire and tech startups didn't care how controversial he was so long as he had a functional checkbook.

He might even fund a few of them. Some of the technology had promise. Some of it was just a pipe dream but would generate data that was useful in Hawkshade's war against crime and criminality.

Some of it might even turn a profit.

#81 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3725 posts) - - Show Bio

@warspool:

"Hey! I am at least $20,"

Xzenix laughed it off, not responding to the man's words. However, he was amazed by his sense of humor, but he wasn't going to tell him that... not yet at least.

"Jesus eight hundred thousand just for saving one girl?" He said while turning his back the opposite way looking at the view. The numbers kinda surprised him because he's never done something so big. It was always small time crimes. "Yeah, I'm in."

"Also do you have something I can call you by? I mean there's plenty of things I can call you, but I'm being nice," he said while turning back around again facing him. "Oh and follow me." Xzenix was pointing at a car, implying he will take it.

#82 Posted by Warspool (659 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzenix-everdeen:

"Hey, if it were my little angel you'd better believe I'd pay any price to see him safe - that is if I didn't hunt down the idiots who kidnapped him in the first place,"

It was difficult to pin down whether he was talking about Larry the dog or Drake the archer. Probably both.

"It is both," he whispered under his breath, following the man's hand motion to the car he indicated with a decent amount of hustle.

"Friends call me Big Sexy Kahuna Kaiser Shogun 9000. Actually they don't, that's a blatant lie. I'm Warspool, what's your name?"

His hand shot out for a fist bump.

#83 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3725 posts) - - Show Bio

@warspool: Are you still interested in this?

"Okay let's just get this over with," he said approaching the car, punching through the glass to allow himself in. "Ahem. Ladies first." The Flair chuckled insisting Warspool gets in first. The car looked alright considering how wore down it was, but like they say: beggars can't be choosers. "The names Flair btw, 'tis nice to meet yaWarspool." The fist bump was ignored like a passing stranger 'cause he didn't have time for that now.

"You know I used to do this all the time. Steal cars I mean, like when I ran with gangs and stuff." Surprisingly keys were in the car already. This must've been their lucky day or something. "Where to, mask-face?"

#84 Posted by Warspool (659 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzenix-everdeen:

[He left ya hangin' bro.]

Warspool shrugged, having become used to things like that. Tons of vigilantes wanting to be their own stone-cold badass, it was a power trip. He could understand, especially since this guy just slammed his fist through a car window.

"Now that's cool," he muttered. "Also, fluff you, I call shotgun,"

[Fluff? Why'd you say that?]

"Sssshhhh, censorship my friend," the Crimson Carnage hustled to the passenger side and slid in. Taking the seat, he would reload everything.

"Just follow that motorcycle Ric," he replied, in blatant disregard for the alias given to him, and pointed at the bike zooming off into the distance. Popping a fresh clip into his Deagle, he smiled underneath his mask. "It's jackass season!"

#85 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3725 posts) - - Show Bio

@warspool:

"Shotgun? I never even mentioned it..." he said while rolling his eyes and beginning to drive. Xzenix stepped on it, passing by cars with precision and finesse. Realizing the car won't be able to catch the thug, he thought of another solution. A not so rational approach, but he somewhat had faith in his companion. The car slowed down so Beck could get his point across. "I hope your skills as a marksman is just as good as that mouth of yours because this car will not be able to catch a frickin' motorcycle so you gotta shoot the prick. Are ya adroit enough ta do it?"

#86 Posted by Warspool (659 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzenix-everdeen:

"Oh please, you have no idea how good my mouth is,"

The Crimson Carnage snapped back, cocking the Deagle in his right hand before rolling the window next to him down. Leaning out, he steadied himself with an elbow on the roof and tracked the swinging motions of the fleeing bike with surgical precision.

No Caption Provided

Squeezing the trigger twice, he hit the back panel once, sending a wave of sparks and twisting scrap into the air. The second shot found the man's leg, grazing centimeters past his kneecap.

The entire bloody cavalcade turned on the spot, with the cyclist returning fire with a spray of Uzi bullets. Warspool caught a handful of them, his face and chest being grated like cheese on a metal slab. He shook it off, sparked back to life by the enormous amount of pain he was experiencing.

"Sonnova... that hurt dumbass!" the Sanguine Terror roared, firing off another round into the man's now-useless leg. Funny what .50-caliber bullet would do to a knee, turning everything underneath it into a limp noodle. The back tire popped, hurling the rider into a near-instantaneous wreck. The bike skidded for a few yards and the man in question barely had time to register just what happened before they were upon him again.

"Betcha won't see a Battle Droid do that!" he laughed, clamoring back into the vehicle.

[Battle Droid? No, he said adroit, it means skilled.]

"That's what I said," he muttered. "Anyway,"

Warspool rushed out of the van, much to the absolute fear of the guy they were chasing, as he pulled out a grenade and threatened to pull the pin.

"Woah, buddy, calm down, we just want - "

He did so without question, tossing it towards Warspool and jumping off the bridge towards the traffic below.

"I guess I deserve this."

[You do.]

His last words and thoughts before the explosion.

#87 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3725 posts) - - Show Bio

@warspool: You still wanna do this? I've been away for some time and I know things change, so I'm just makin' sure before I post anything.

#88 Posted by CursedMalekith (103 posts) - - Show Bio
#89 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3725 posts) - - Show Bio

@warspool:

"Oh please, you have no idea how good my mouth is,"

"How good your mouth is? That sounded... awkward, and kinda gay. No offense." He slightly chuckled, making fun of Warspool and his joke.

"Anyway, you got a sh-- oh never mind." Flair watched in awe, slightly taking his eyes off the road and watching his partner go to work. Bullets were fired from both Wars and the thug, though he didn't say a word until his companion was hit by a couple of them. "Oh god, this guy actually hit you, multiple times by the looks of it. I guess you don't have the flair after all." He was secretly rooting for him, but he wasn't about to reveal it. Well, not to this nutcase at least. No need to stroke his already inflated ego.

"Betcha won't see a Battle Droid do that!" he laughed, clamoring back into the vehicle.

"Really funny." Xzenix was annoyed by the over-the-top humor and it showed by his facial expression and the tone of his voice. "Ahem. Good job I guess, you should finish him off now," he said while pointing at the wounded predator. The van stopped and he was about to get cozy in it, but before he could the stranger had a grenade and had intentions of using it. The grenade went off and Flair got as far away from the car and the suicidal maniac as much as he could.

"Ugh where to now, crimson mask?" He didn't bother asking Warspool if he was okay because the answer is obvious.

#90 Posted by Warspool (659 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzenix-everdeen:

It took a second for the Encarmine Maniac to recover from the initial blast, though he did and hobbled out of the smoke and shrapnel - quite literally. Half of one leg was outright gone while most of his upper body was seared like a Christmas ham. Complete with grill marks.

"HuuuuaaaAAACK," he coughed up some smoke.

"Eugh... I felt a piece of lung in that one,"

Hopping over to his detached foot, Warspool snapped it back in place with a wet 'crunch' and stood on it for a few seconds before deciding it was okay again. He half-danced his way over to the shriveled corpse that was their quarry and started digging around for information. Trinkets started flying all over the place, from the man's wallet to his underwear. Strangely, the pants were still on.

"Tidy-whities? That's just sad," he muttered, finding a cell phone of all things. Luckily, it was a Nokia.

Old school.

"Damn, these things really do survive anything," he mildly joked, flipping through contacts. "Let's see, Booty Call, Soul Sister, Hot Dog Flavor? Wait, this is his music collection,"

"Okay, Ric Flair, a contact named 'THE BOSS' in all caps. You got some reverso-numero gizmo in that arm of yours? Perhaps next to the flip-comb and electric toothbrush?"

#91 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3725 posts) - - Show Bio

@warspool:

"Seriously just what are you?" he said while walking towards him, looking at the marks on his body slightly disgusted. "Anyway did that guy go kamikaze on us? Honestly, the dude was a coward, but I admire his heart. You know the no snitching and all."

Flair looked down at the dead corpse as his partner searched him, finding a phone on 'im. "Oh, a phone. Probably have somethin' on it."

a contact named 'THE BOSS' in all caps. You got some reverso-numero gizmo in that arm of yours? Perhaps next to the flip-comb and electric toothbrush?

"The only thing I understood was 'THE BOSS' part. Everything else comes off as nonsense ta me," he said while vacating the area. "So what do we do at this point?"

#92 Posted by Warspool (659 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzenix-everdeen:

"Shhh!" the Jabberwock put a finger to his lips, emulating the sound as the dial tone did its business.

He put it on speaker with a click. Once, twice...

"Hello?" someone picked up.

"Uh, hey this is..." Warspool looked at the driver's license. "Walt,"

"Walt? Where are you, you stupid motherfluffer?"

Warspool chuckled at the censorship.

"Uh, freeway. Just wanted a rain check on the rendezvous point from here, I don't know the city that well,"

"You idiot, we're over by the docks. Hurry up, the deal's about to go down and I need my muscle,"

Warspool shrugged at Everdeen.

"Aight, be there soon," he pushed the 'end call' button and looked at his best friend ever with a smile under his mask.

"Dude, I don't think that actually worked but it sounded like it did! Also... 'deal'? Maybe this goes deeper than just a kidnapping?"

#93 Edited by Xzenix-Everdeen (3725 posts) - - Show Bio

@warspool:

"Yeah, I don't think it worked either, but it gave us a lead at least. And besides, we could be the finisher that makes them meet their maker...assuming that stuff exists," he said while continuing to walk.

"Load up your guns and get ready, sweetheart; this shall be fun," he said mockingly.

#94 Posted by Warspool (659 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzenix-everdeen:

No Caption Provided

[I think he likes you.]

"Really?"

[No.]

Warspool kicked a rogue piece of motorcycle part. Or it might have been fried dead dude. At any rate he hopped into the backseat of the van and started what was effectively a montage of different weapons being reloaded. Some were the same, some didn't even exist there before.

"Where did you even get this?!" he hauled a M2 Browning from the floorboard. "Or... was this always here?" an idea.

"What is in the trunk?" he turned around, flailing through boxes. "Wait... did we hijack one of their vans? Holy shit, what were they expecting down at the docks?" he tossed a few grenades up into the front seat, pins still loaded. Pineapple flavor.

"...Um okay. Flair, I'm not going to show you this now but you are going to love it when I whip it out. I think we're ready to go."

#95 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3725 posts) - - Show Bio

@warspool:

Xzenix headed for the van, loading up for the mission. He grabbed a shotgun and some explosives and headed out. "Yo Wars... how you wanna do this shit: guns blazing or the stealth approach? I prefer we go GB, but I want to make sure we're on the same page." Flair was determined and ready, and he was confident that his 'friend' was too. He low-key took a liking to this Warspool guy, though he wasn't about to make it known. Not yet at least.

"...Um okay. Flair, I'm not going to show you this now but you are going to love it when I whip it out. I think we're ready to go."

"Ooh, a surprise. Whip that bad boy out when the time is right! I bet they'll never see it comin'. And lead the way, chérie." he winked, slightly giggling.

#96 Posted by Warspool (659 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzenix-everdeen:

[I think that means he wants you to drive.]

T-To take the wheel?

[Yeah man, it's right there. Grab it, but not too hard.]

Oh, Chevrolet Express-chan...

[Don't make it weird.]

"Right," he lowered himself into the driver's seat, making sure everything was adjusted properly. Then he did the same for the vitals of the van itself.

"You already know, Flair," a devious smirk. "You already know."

Pulling into the docks, they could already see a small army of goons and goon accessories standing where a loading station usually determined shipping flow. Cranes, crates, all that sort of stuff. The little girl - Dani Fenton - was in plain sight, handcuffed to a much larger gentleman for security reasons. The security of her being a prisoner. How ironic.

"Okay, so, the plan is there is no plan," Warspool admitted as he started the process of parking.

"Just don't hit anyone who looks like they still listen to My Chemical Romance and calls it 'classic'," he stopped himself from leaving and gave Flair a telling glance. "I guess that means you're safe,"

He snapped out of the van, tearing the Deagle on his hip out of its holster and laying down a line of bullets that took out two mobsters instantly in puffs of red. He wanted to save the 'surprise' in the backseat for later.

#97 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3725 posts) - - Show Bio

@warspool:

Xzenix walked towards the van and got in the front seat with a shotgun in hand, ready for whatever.

"Okay, so, the plan is there is no plan," Warspool admitted as he started the process of parking.

"Wow, that's frickin' awesome; just what I wanted to hear." he slightly cocked his head to get a better view from the window. He had the shotgun loaded as they were reaching the docks. Flair exited the car a little while after Wars did. His gun fired twice sending two guys flying like a plastic bag drifting through the wind, taking their lives in the process. Shortly after Flair glanced at the girl that was handcuffed. "Is... is that the Dani Fenton chick, Wars? Surprised she's still alive; better get there quick," he said preparing himself to rip through the thugs.

#98 Edited by Warspool (659 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzenix-everdeen:

"Already on it, Nature Boy,"

The Encarmine Maniac almost bolted out from cover, tanking shots that would have killed him if not for his dashing good looks. He basically limped to the next car over, coughing out hot lead as it squeezed out of his wounds and onto the ground. These guys were really serious about this girl.

He didn't take any chances. Without hesitation, he ducked under the frame and blew out a few man-sized ankles. Of course it helped that they kept Dani in her designer's Skechers shoes.

Apparently he hit the man with the handcuffs on her, because she went down too but she kept standing. The man attached to her wrist? Screaming like a baby. Warspool laughed. People in pain who deserved it was the root of Looney Tunes humor. Finding that the area seemed to be quieting down in terms of actual gunfire, he sprinted the gap and closed upon the teenager who was - for all intents and purposes - absolutely terrified.

He finished off her caretaker and broke the handcuffs at the chain with another well-placed shot.

"I'd suggest running towards that guy," he pointed at the silver-armed rogue. "He looks like a Marilyn Manson album cover, but he's nice,"

"Why should I believe you?!" she shouted back at him, just as another man with an assault rifle crested the perimeter.

No Caption Provided

Warspool followed her eyes and ducked into a reclining position, forcing the man to investigate closer. Maybe he got shot and finally stayed down?

Nope.

As soon as the goon came around, Warspool nonchalantly placed one between his eyes with a shot he didn't even pay much attention to.

"Because we're killing your kidnappers? That and your dad hired us. Well, hired me but Popeye over there is a friend."

Without further questions, Dani started to run towards Flair, ducking each time a muzzle flair or the roar of a gun went off.

#99 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3725 posts) - - Show Bio

@warspool:

Flair saw Dani coming towards him, so he had to make sure it was safe before securing her to safety. His gun started spraying like a spray bottle, eliminating two more foes. As the teenager was coming his way, so was a pair of bullets and it was intended for her. With little time to react, Xzenix shoved her down and took them in the right arm. Flair screamed in agony, but he didn't have time to lay there so he used his metal arm and reached for a smoke bomb that he keeps on his waist to cause a distraction. While throwing it, he grabbed Dani off the ground and carried her to the van, using his hands to cover her face from the smoke.

No Caption Provided

Flair looked up at Dani, not giving her a chance to speak. He could tell she was petrified and had the feeling what next words were going to be. "I know you're scared and happy to be alive, but thank me later, 'kay? This isn't over yet. Stay here while we finish this, please," he said closing the door.

Realizing what Wars said earlier just dawned on him. The 'big secret' he was planning. "Hey, Wars! Now would be a great time to bring out that bad boy you mentioned. If you ask me, we've wasted enough time." he shouted still standing by the van.

#100 Posted by Warspool (659 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzenix-everdeen:

All Flair got in response was a chorus of maniacal laughter as Warspool emerged from behind a car across the battlefield. The other gunmen stopped their advance upon the reinforced van that carried the two impromptu friends here, consumed in absolute horror. No one could explain how he managed to hide it until now. The M2 Browning was one thing.

A fully functional M134 Minigun was something else entirely.

"Aw yeah shitheads! NOW WE'RE COOKIN' WITH GAS!"

The trigger went down, and in his head could have been anything from Lil Pump to Pavarotti. Sad thing is, both of those singers fit the situation perfectly. A steady stream of 3,000 rounds per minute, pelting everything he aimed it at. People stopped moving. Cars exploded. All the Jabberwock had on his mind was enjoying the moment, and practically screaming himself hoarse with how much he was laughing.

Eventually, he let go on the handle. Slightly glowing, the barrels whirred to a slow and controlled stop. His knees were like jelly.

"Uhh... Flair, I think we need to stop by JC Penney's on the way back," he shook his head, hoisting the weapon back into the trunk of the van.

That's when the ground started shaking.

"Oh no. Flair, get out of here now," he reached for the other other surprised he was saving for a celebration gift. "If there's anything I know about ominous ground-shaking, it has to be..."

An unmistakable dome-shaped helmet burst through the shipping crates, attached to a mountain of muscle standing at almost eight feet tall.

"Judge. Copyright infringement?" he leveled the rocket-propelled grenade launcher at the new threat and shut the trunk. "Not quite. Get out of here Flair, I got this!"

The so-called Judge marched forward, smashing the carcasses of cars aside with casual swipes of his hands.

"Alright pal, eat this!"

Thunderous footfalls as the Judge started to run. Warspool never squeezed a trigger so fast in his life, and dropped the launcher itself almost instinctively. Regardless of whether or not Flair would be gone, Warspool would latch onto whatever part of the van he could as it pulled out of the dock.

"DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE!"

The rocket-propelled missile didn't even dent Judge's momentum as he gained speed through the blast.

This was gonna get dirty, real fast.