Sanctum of Cryptic Sources (CVnU Living/Public Location)

FarSeeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@micro-man: They age more slowly, but unless their perception of time is different that only means their maturity (physical and emotional) develops more slowly, not that they can't process thought in that time, right? Basically she was a toddler for two hundred years, and will be a 17 year old for another 50 years or so, but it doesn't mean she can't reflect on her life in real time during that 100 years, right?

Then again, I don't really know the character.

Micro-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302 Micro-Man  Online

@farseeker: No, they don't perceive time differently. What I mean is that to my understanding they age at that rate in every aspect of their being. Ezra is still a 17 year old psychologically, and being as relatively old as she is, that amount of time like hundreds of years isn't that long ago in her mind. Get what I mean :] ?

FarSeeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micro-man: I think I get it. It might not feel that long ago to her in the grand scheme of things, but if I lived a hundred years for every one in a normal human lifespan that would give me an awful lot of time to think on my regrets and such.

Samara_Moreau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farseeker@mister_surreal@oraculi

Samara was gladdened to see he was putting away his spear. Her eyes quickly scanned his face, filled with odd features. Of course, she was quite odd herself, so the little devil didn't find it strange. She shook her head, amused.

No Caption Provided

"Oh, no. No, it's not like that." She laughed, cigarette smoke escaping through her nose. "The people from this planet say that 'please' is the magic word. I like that expression a fair bit, so sorry for confusing you." She noticed his clear embarassment, both through his uncomfortable facial expression and the bothered state of his spirit. As he looked away, she decided to make him a tad more embarassed. Samara gingerly offered him her hand to hold, a twinkle in her eye. "It's easy to get lost, so please..."

"My name's Samara. May I ask yours?" She walked next to him, going through a series of twisting halls. Sam stopped before a large door. "This is it." She opened the door, revealing a pitch black corridor with a white door at its end. As they took a few steps, a ghostly figure flew towards them, wailing angrily before seeing the demon and wisely fleeing. "This is a chamber of ghosts. I'll drive them away, so stay close to me if you don't like the idea of possession." She pointed forward. "That door you see is where he is. Just do me a favor and don't charge in, won't you?"

FarSeeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By FarSeeker

"Ah. 'Please'. Of course. I should have assumed."

My discomfort grows as she laughs, multiplies when she holds out her hand. Do I take it, and expose my nerves? Or leave her be, and toss away the limited rapport I have by neglecting local custom? The more I think on it the more nervous I become, until eventually I simply place my hand in hers, steel and rubber grips sparing me from exposing a quickened pulse. As she leads me by the hand I feel foolish. Childish. Luckily our conversation continues and I am granted a merciful distraction.

"My name? It is Lordram. Lordram Vesk."First Seeker of Rec... Actually, just Lordram is fine. It is good to know you, Samara."

An awkward silence hangs between, scattered conversation about nothing in particular occasionally breaking it. It is not too long after this that she leads the way to an imposing door, opening it to reveal disembodied horrors, creatures wailing all around us as they glide through the air. By instinct I attempt to push her behind me, drawing the Endbringer in my unoccupied hand. Calmly, she explains what this place is. What the entities are and what they are capable of. I continue to shift so that I am between her and these horrors, though she seems unphased.

She steps forward, asking that I not act rashly, as I had to enter this place. I realize now that as a keeper in this place, she is far more familiar with its secrets than I. I nod, acquiescing to her request. "I will do as you say." Still I grip the revolver more tightly in hand, hoping that if I must use it, it will have some effect against an incorporeal foe.

KonTheSuperDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Smells magic in the air*

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farseeker: @samara_moreau: @oraculi:

The void that produced the solemn memory that Ezra was forced to endure was beginning to force Surreal's own mind to recall his very own history of war. For so many years, he had witnessed the deaths of those he had entered into a conflict with, only to see himself survive time and time again, while the others had perished. They were thoughts that he himself had learned to suppress for the most part, but the burden that he would carry with him did not ease in the slightest, if anything, growing heavier. He wanted mage wanted to help Ezra, but he knew that in order to do such a thing, he would need to awaken her some way, a difficult task considering what her mind was currently going through.

Shaking his own thoughts away, he looked around the void that had projected small portions of Ezra's memories into his line of vision, only to see a collage of countless colors in the mental atmosphere. Finding answers in their was a loss for certain, and attempting to use a spell to awaken the girl would more than likely create more problems than it solved. While this was not the first time that the Sorcerer Supreme had entered the dreams of another, this was certainly one of the most complicated instances that he was forced to contend with. The scene before him not making matters any easier. With few options at hand, the sorcerer was forced to improvise. "Ezra...Ezra...Can you hear me?"

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samara_moreau: @farseeker: Just so you two know, the door your going to enter to Surreal's location is going to lead it a giant, long marble hall. So be sure to describe it that way when you post :]

Samara_Moreau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maya_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal:

No Caption Provided

Maya's brow furrowed at his small response, his diagnosis was unclear; even though she couldn't show it the two words were a bit off-putting.

"You're saying I'm powerful enough to lift it, but don't know-how?"

She asked with her head slightly canted trying to understand how. She studied for hours trying to expand her knowledge of the mystic arts, even at the Court of Courts; but here he was telling her she wasn't versed.

But he was probably right, this vessel wasn't her own. It was crafted by the 3rd Society; by the time her consciousness was joined, she'd already had her powers.

Maya never really got the chance to grow with them. "Yes, I'll allow it."

Sorry for the short reply, I'm uber busy in RL now)

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@maya_liafador:

Matthew took note in the minute change in expression that Maya created in response to his vague diagnosis, understandable. He was a complicated man and found it difficult at times to convey his more abstract thoughts, even to others who possessed vast knowledge of various practices of magic. All he could do was try his best to make his statements clearer to his patient. "Allow me to clarify: I believe that for all of your knowledge and skill your are facing an issue that's nature you are unaware of in its entirety. It's not so much that you don't know how to solve the problem, but rather, you don't know what the problem truly is. Power unknown. After all, you did decide to come to have a consultation."

Surreal's brow would raise slightly at his last statement after explaining himself, hoping that would make his next explanation more palpable to the Mistress of The Mystic Arts. "You see, the problem that you are facing seems to be apart of something much greater, something that was not originally seen by your or myself. It is more than likely given who you are. Which is why I need to get much more in-depth with my analysis before I can reach a final verdict." With that being said and gaining permission to temporarily probe her mind, The Sorcerer Supreme would close his eyes as he rested his index and middle fingers against Maya's tempo. In a moment, his psychic abilities would come into to play and allow him to gain a look at the sorceress's mind and inner being.

No Caption Provided

The plane that the mage had entered would ring in chaotic harmony as the world around him would both unravel and coverage on itself. So many events, so many images, but Mister Surreal was searching for something more, the cause of what had been forcing Maya to slowly become apathetic and complacent to the needs of the very beings that she sought to protect. And in his search, he would see... Her. Power unimaginable, extraordinary, placed by a being that was more than capable of inflicted the sorceress with what she was forced to contend with. Though the mage had his suspicions, he was now able to confirm his beliefs of and give Maya a proper diagnosis this time around.

Lunging back into his own mind, the sorcerer would ease back into his chair with a heavy sigh as his look hardened upon the of the shaper of realities. "Well, I have a more straightforward diagnosis for you, you were under a spell. And the being who placed it upon you was the High Queen." He remained fairly calm during the diagnosis, as grave as the situation was, flying into a state of panic wouldn't serve either magic users well in any case. Only direct action would aid them. "Now that you have your diagnosis, I can take you to the book that is required. Come with me." Surreal opened yet another portal, this time leading to his sea of knowledge. A library that held seemingly limitless information, one that would hopefully live up to that claim.

I completely understand. Please, take all the time that you need.

Maya_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

The Power Princess nodded, his supplementary reasoning made sense, therefore, she saw no need to further inquire. As his hands press against her temples Maya could feel her negation shield stirring to life, It was a powerful construct that could and would destroy anything that entered her personal space, but she suppressed it.

The result was an uncomfortable vibration that was more like a danger sense than anything. Maya boasts weak defenses against telepathic attacks, Surreal parlaying inside her mind was a trigger for self-defense because she did nothing her body continued manifesting the threat with sharp shrills up her spine and almost acute headaches.

The moment the sorcerer returned to his domain the false alarm of threat ceased, and her body returned to normal. His diagnose admittedly drew another curious brow from Maya, but it wasn't entirely surprising. "She's becoming human" Maya whispered. "She's not supposed to interfere at all but it appears the High Queen has been in this Universe far too long and is now starting to take on the traits of humanity. ironic."

She explained acknowledging him with a head nod as she followed in tow through a portal to another room. "How did you get your start?" She asked with a hint of curiosity. "And how is it that you're somehow able to block most of my core abilities inside these walls? That's a hell of a ward."

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maya_liafador:

As Maya would subtly explain the circumstances of the situation, The Master of the Mystic Arts would frown even harder with the increasingly heavy thoughts that weighed down his brow. He felt compelled to question the sorceress further on the matters of the multiversal tribunal, but decided that it was not the time, though the place, to do so. Instead, he opted to simply exit the room through the rift of space-time, with the sorceress following him not too far behind into the vast halls that contained countless pages of text. Without even taking a moment to admire the location like he usually had in each entry, he went straight to work in finding the book that The Power Princess had initially referenced.

His eyes would be sprawled upwards as he looked around the environment, trying to remember where that particular had been amongst the nigh-infinite number ancient books that were decorated the enormous room. Finding such a thing would be no small feat, even for someone who had spent the amount of time in the location that he had. For all of its magic, the place lacked a proper order to the books and required someone like The Sorcerer Supreme to navigate their way across the seas of chaos that was his book collection, but even he would struggle to locate what he believed would be able to aid the sorceress. Catching his chin with his thumb, middle, and index finger, Surreal stared upwards in concentration at numerous rows of books.

His eyes would sharpen, his face would harden, and his posture became more stiff as he split his mind over searching for the book in question. "Hmm..." As he kept up his search in silence, he would soon find that he would be questioned by the sorceress on what sounded like a direct inquiry on his origin as the magic wielder that he was. His eyes would widen ever so slightly, but without breaking contact with the line of books that he had been focusing on. It had been quite some time that someone had asked him that question in particular, and each time he would find himself reluctantly explaining himself. He sighed quietly, only loud enough for the most keen of creatures to hear him, but nevertheless prepared to explain himself.

"I was chosen by a man who had decided that I was some worthy to teach. He taught me many great things, some of my most valued lessons in fact. He was..." Surreal would think carefully about his terms. "...He was not only an excellent mentor, but someone who helped to unlock my true potential..." Though the mage did his best to keep his emotions hidden from the sorceress behind a wall of reserve, there was a faint hint of anguish among the mage's words. He would pause for a few moments leaping at the second question of the inquisitive sorceress, all the while looking back and forth at what rows of scrolls and books he believed held the source that the two were looking for.

"I'm flattered by your faith in me, but I'm not sure that even I'm powerful enough to ward off your warping abilities so effectively. This place was designed and crafted by dozens of sorcerers and mages alike, all with unique talents and expertise. Many of which garnered favor from various multiversal deities and entities." He squinted at a few books in particular. "...Beings that were in a powerful enough position to could aid the mortal hands that wished to keep this place secure from some of the most powerful threats that existence has to offer." He almost glanced at The Power Princess. "Not unlike our High Queen."

No Caption Provided

The Master of the Mystic Arts would rub his chin as he took a moment of pause. "Of course, like her, their involvement was quite limited, or, like how she is supposed to be. Those beings granted small portions of their power to those who wished to protect the sanctum. And with the power of gods, they would do just that......Ah ha!" Mister Surreal would swiftly levitate to one shelf and quickly go through a number of books that lay on one row, before snagging one in particular and floating back down towards the sorceress. Once on the ground, he would look back at her with a gentle smile. "The Book of Caulistro, thank you for jogging my memory." The eccentric sorcerer would stare at the book and gesture the sorceress to come closer as he opened the item, allowing her to see its first texts and respond to their findings.

Maya_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal:

No Caption Provided

The Cardinal Goddess stood to full stature watching intently as he scoured for the right book. He struck her as peculiar, but most of the people in their 'field' were. Though she had a couple of questions diving deeper into "how" he was found, she wouldn't press the issue especially since she hadn't provided too much information on herself.

His explanation on the potency of the wards brought an "Ah" expression to her face, it made sense. This place was like the Court of Courts, she spent most of her time there these days, constructed to educate those cursed with knowledge of the multiverse and it's mysteries. Despite being accessible nearly anywhere in the Multiverse, it cloaked it's residents true identity to preserve multiverse order.

"The Book of Caulistro, thank you for jogging my memory."

She moved forward went prompted but admittedly had no idea what this book was for. Unknown to the Crimson Liafador, her life as a 'Simple Goddess' was coming to an end. The Multi-Verse through the High Queen marked her. She was next on the pedestal. A series of events that involved a herald and the pending invasion of the Imperium were in her future.

"Have you thought about taking on a mentee?" She asked not offering herself, rather asking because she often did. "Someone left behind to preserve the knowledge just in case...you know?"

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@maya_liafador:

Flipping through the first pages of the ancient text, Surreal would keep his eyes trained on countless variations of multiversal writings that came into play. So many words written foreign languages, ones that would be unrecognizable to virtually all beings that were native to the Sorcerer’s native reality and universe. Fortunately, the man was well versed in all manner of magical trades that would find their way into his droplet of existence, be it mystic, arcane, occult, or divine. Though, that would only be the beginning of accomplishing the task of curing his distinguished guest. As shown by the hardened and studios look on his face as he scrolled through the pages multiversal order. As he began to get lost within the pool of knowledge, as he so often did, his attention would fluctuate at yet another question from the goddess.

Have you thought about taking on a mentee? Someone left behind to preserve the knowledge just in case...you know.” The Elder Mage’s head would slowly ease up from the book, his eyes following shortly after. He would remain silent for a moment, his thoughts occupying more of his focus than actual words. It had been some time since he had anything of the sort, and for good reason. “I have… And it’s quite difficult. Finding the right person…” He paused for a moment, debating whether or not he should continue with his train of his thought. “...I was found because I started off as an apprentice to stage magician, my master, if you would believe it. And… When I took up his position as an actual magic wielder, and later the Sorcerer Supreme, I tried and failed each time to find someone to carry on in my stead.” The mage’s words would be portrayed for the most part as if he was relaying information, but there was a fairly noticeable undertone of disappointment in his words.

I have come across many promising pupils in my time, each one bright eyed and bushy tailed. Some capable from a mystical standpoint. And even fewer willing to make the sacrifices that would be necessary to carry on my legacy. And those who were willing would seldom last as long as I had hoped…” Truthfully, it had been countless years since the sorcerer had gone on and searched for someone that would be able to take up the mantle of “Mister Surreal”, and possible Sorcerer Supreme. At this point, he had all but given up hope at finding someone that would be able to take up the torch. He had only glanced at Maya’s eyes a few times as he spoke, but his emerald eyes would finally correlate with hers when the time came for his next statement.

You see, most believe that mysticism and magic are synonymous, but the fact of the matter is that two are not. Magic can allow a person to do incredible things that can amaze most others, but mysticism is about surrendering and becoming apart of something much greater than yourself. To reach true understanding. And only when that happens can one do the things that no one can believe.” He smiled weakly at the goddess before catching himself, bringing his powerful eyes to the floor beneath them. Almost as if in shame to what he had just told the woman before him. “You’ll have to forgive me. You asked for my help, and here I am preaching to you, a being that likely possesses more knowledge and wisdom than I could ever hope to achieve".

Truth be told, he was fairly self critical for someone of his perceived status. While beings far and wide ranging from mortals to gods would come to him, seeking his extraordinary aid and vast wisdom, he would often fall short on his own eyes. The reason why was complicated, but regardless of the cause, it would compel him to think little of himself, in spite of who he was and what he was able to achieve. He would awkwardly stare at the floor for a good few moments, and if Maya went to respond his own comment, then he would listen. If not, then he would simply go back to finding the spell that she had come searching for.

(OOC: I hope that you're enjoying this interaction as much as I am lol.)

Maya_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

"I understand" She started realizing that the qualities that made them, he a Sorcerer Supreme; and She, a Creation Goddess weren't abundant. It was why they were chosen in the first place.

"I wanted to take on an apprentice myself, but finding people with a similar skillset would be harder, and even harder to find someone who wouldn't use their gifts for malicious intent"

Her response came after a brief silence and she noticed his eyes hitting the floor, if she could she'd smile at his apology. "I'm powerful, yes, but I wouldn't consider myself any wiser. It takes years to break down the components of a singular universe. I'm still trying to decipher the fabrics and machinations of our galaxy. And I'm a Goddess. It was an ill-fated joke mostly because she lacked the emotion to drive the delivery.

"I asked for your help because I desperately need it. If I thought you couldn't get the job done I would've gone to someone else. Some things are about to transpire. Bad things. This Universes' survival depends on my ability to care that these things are going to happen. So preach to your heart's content"

Throughout her time here Maya asked questions, not for small talk, rather generate some sort of emotions in the Sorcerer Supreme. It was all in an effort to remember what it looks like when someone actually cared.

"She's scared you know. The High Queen I mean. She thinks I'm going to take her position. If we don't survive the coming conflict I fear there won't be a position."

Yeah I am too I had to catch a second wind.

Maya_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@maya_liafador:

The sorcerer listened closely to Maya’s response to his bold speech, followed by his outpour of emotion. Each of her words made sense when casted upon the mage’s one string of logical reasoning, and he would in turn regain eye contact with the Cardinal Goddess but mere moments after. Though, it was quite difficult to explain why he felt the sudden compulsion to blatantly disclose his past and innermost his thoughts and feelings. The sorcerer was a compassionate, but very reserved man for the most part, so the action itself was quite unusual and did not sit well with him in the slightest. It was as if the multiverse had opted to balance that particular unique verse by supplying the sorcerer with twice the impact that his emotional state in order to make up for what the goddess had lacked. Or perhaps she had in fact gained a subtle amount of influence over the sorcerer.

Whatever the reason, closer observation was for not, matters at hand, such as the High Queen had gained the apex of attention from the mage, as well as his brow. “...Perhaps you taking her position would ultimately improve the state of the multiverse. At least, after you have been given back your sense of deeper sentiment.” His words more calm and reassuring, as they had been before. “Though, it truly is ironic… The High Queen is becoming less effective in regards to her occupation, due to her increasing nature of humanity. While you do not believe that yours can fulfill yours without said humanity…” Surreal’s brow would fold as he stared harshly into empty space, the only thing that was left out that would complete the image would be his finger curled beneath his brow. “...I have an idea.”

Only a moment later, a scroll would realize itself through the sorcerer’s conjuration, forming in his grasp and sprawling out between his hands. “The spell that will help you can’t be found isn’t in a single text, but rather in two. A combination of quasi-spiritual effect from scroll and a spell from this book is needed to cure your exact condition. For such a powerful cast to be kept in but one source would be rather frivolous indeed.” The sorcerer’s eyes would smile at the goddess after his brief explanation. "But of course I could be wrong.” Even more so after that one. “Fortunately, I can construct the spell so that if I am wrong, only I will suffer the consequences.” His face would take up a more inhibited expression once that was cleared. While he would readily take up an injury in the aid of another, the mage wasn’t particularly keen on receiving punishments.

No Caption Provided

“It shouldn’t be too difficult to achieve, after all, you aren’t completely void of emotion. Desire. Concern. Confidence. These are all things that I have not felt, but seen.” He would fold his legs and allow the scroll and text to take up a state of rest in midair as if they were prompted by some unseen force, aligning themselves naturally as the Warrior Mage placed his hands on his now bent knees. Surreal would glance over at the goddess at the corner of his eye, as the emerald that made up the green of his pupils reflected amber of hers. “But I’m weak. My power has become less than finite. That’s the cost for defending this reality for months on end.” His eyes would remorsefully close at the sentiment. “The spell will require to beings for full effect be achieved. Which is why I need you to use every ounce of emotion that you have left to aid both of us.

The very spiritual essence of Mister Surreal would manifest itself as a colorful aura that would dip into the view of the immediate reality, almost trying to beckon the cardinal goddess into mist. “Maya, think about what you want to achieve, and think about what you aspire to become. You do that, and I will do the rest.” Should the Creation Goddess allow herself to temporarily merge with the sorcerer's aurora, she would find herself in tune with whatever power that he left within his being, as well as a connection to his deeper thoughts and feelings.

Maya_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal:

No Caption Provided

Maya's eyes bounce back and forth from the book to the mage, her mind enthralled by the thoughts the High Queen's origins. At a base, Maya was an emotional being by birth losing those emotions made her a liability than an asset; she had to care for her powers to work the way she needed them to.

The High Queen was created without emotions that would weaken her bond with the divine beings in the celestial strata. Though he was right, it was ironic.

Maya's head dropped back, legs folded under herself; her natural energy came roaring to life in a series of non-audible ornate flashes before subsiding. "You are willing to risk your safety for this?"
She asked acknowledging with a nod his need for her power too.

Crimson Mage's mind thought back to her family, Cat, Tassi, Little Maya; Leo and their father--Alexis. As she did, Maya entered his aurora impressed at his constructing abilities.

To be tasked with defending a reality, especially this reality was no small feat. "When we're finished here, you should help me. I'm sure I can restore your abilities"

Maya_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not going to lie. I phoned that one in .

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@maya_liafador:

The sorcerer would calmly nod at the goddess’ response after she had agreed to join him in the delicate procedure. His eyes would seal upon his own thoughts as his attention in this state went to prioritize to the fullest, and for this, his aurora would remain astute as it sought out the very essence of Maya’s power. The process would leave Surreal in an even more vulnerable position, but it would also allow for the spell’s success rate to increase exponentially. And in the time that the sorcerer's own power would patiently wait for conduit, the cosmic energy that held synergy with the Cardinal Goddess’ might would found its presence. Naturally, the mystical aura would begin mingling with the cosmic wave in a type of magical unity that could only be found in spirits akin to one another.

The mage's face would twist in surprise as soon as he had felt the surge of overwhelming power. Feeling it merge with his senses as the process would go on, his spirit feeling imbued with a newfound sense of ability and capability that directly correlated with Maya's power. It felt strange, but all things of that nature were made accustomed to the sorcerer. Moments after, he would once again gain more direct focus on his mission, and with hardened visage would go on to perform the task at hand. Without so much as a gaze, he would cause the scroll to unravel on its own, and the book to open, both working in perfect harmony as the Sorcerer Supreme would have them expose their divine content to the cool air of the ancient study.

No Caption Provided

During this time, Surreal remained motionless in his entire being, frozen in place as how colorful aura would continue to silently flow around the two magic users. The only aspect of person that had any noticeable amount of movement was his extraordinary hands that would go onto carry out the desired spell for the Creation Goddess, all with the poise and celerity of a concert level pianist. And during this grand symphony, the words and symbols of the scroll and book would begin to fly from their respective texts and mingle in the vibrant atmosphere. Unseen by the mage's eyes that had long since been kept shut. It was at this time that Surreal would go onto begin his incantation, it was in a dead language that had long been buried by the multiverse's ever changing sands of universal flow.

As the characters of old would resonate in the air like leaves in Autumn, The Sorcerer Supreme would begin to embark on the more difficult aspect of the cast, which was his own emotion. He revealed a good amount about himself to the goddess, more than he would have normally desired. Perhaps it was because he had felt that she deserved to know, perhaps he was subconsciously attempting to make up for lack of emotion on her part. But regardless of the reason, he had felt an overflow of enthusiasm when in her presence, and that was precisely what would be needed in order to restore the Creation Goddess to her full stature. And so, he would go onto embrace each feeling that he could conceivably experience.

As he went on chanting, he would reflect on a good many things that he had faced in his time. The joy, the anger, the fear, the sadness, the pain... the love... and despair. All feelings that roared in a fire of passion as the accompanying storm of symbols and words would project Surreal's own emotion onto the Ruby Sorceress' very being. The very library would begin to quiver at the power of the spell for all of the mage's efforts fulfill his duty and give Maya back what she had lost. The power that they shared crackled, flickered, but would eventually die down. And when it was over, the sorcerer would simply bring himself to the floor, and finally open his eyes to look back upon the face of the Cardinal Goddess. Hoping, that there was some form of change among her.

"How do you feel?"

Jai_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal:

Mathew Walker, the Sorcerer Supreme, the Mystic man of magic, the Magical All-Star. Jai thought of all the cool titles his great-uncle had and why he was racing to him. He had actually never met Matthew Walker, his father had never introduced the two and the young man always wondered why, but Jai had always known of Mister Surreals' power. Something was coming, ever since his father had lost his memories and his powers Jai had been on edge, the Speed Force had chosen that time to rid Alex West of his powers. It was horrible timing, it was horrible circumstances and Jai was scared, he didn't know how, and he didn't know why. But he simply knew that it was up to him to figure things and out and help properly put things back the way they were in time. It started with Tachyon and now it was time to fix the paradox, and get things prepared.

So as the Speedster Velocity raced through the streets, his feet rustling up a storm as he pushed forward faster than a locomotive, the Speed Force exited his body like water down a river, the lightning cracked and popped and hissed liked the forthcoming of a storm. And omen. The Speed Force had chosen Jai for a purpose.

Velocity raced to the Sanctum of Cryptic Sources and as he reached the building itself he would skid to a stop, sliding into a full circle until he reached the front door.

No Caption Provided

Jairus would knock on the door 5 times before pushing into the building and stepping inside. Some places are magic; it's a thing you feel in the soul as much as the eyes. The Sanctum was a place that set free the child self, inviting you to join the infinite horizon of your soul and Jai couldn't help but open his mouth and stare in shock in wonder at the sites around him. It takes a second or two for the new information to sink it, even though it is right before his eyes, larger than life. Then Jai feels his lips stretch wider into gaping grin and his eyebrows arch for the sky. "This is the Sanctum?" Magical artifacts littered the halls, and as the young speedster glided forward he looked to and fro with wonder. "How weird is our family?" Amazement doesn't quite cover it. Jai feels like someone just took his spark of wonder and poured on kerosine. The smile he shows on the outside can't adequately reflect what he feels inside; it's like every neurone of his brain is trying to fire in both directions at once - the best kind of paralysis. But then he realizes what he's there for and he cups his hands together and shouts "MATTHEW!? MATTHEW WALKER? MY NAME IS JAI WEST, I NEED YOUR HELP!"

Maya_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal:

Maya's splintered consciousness converged with one another briefly to reap the benefits of Surreals, incantation. The spell provided an in-depth look at some of his most intimate encounters and the emotions tethered to them. They were just samples, but potent enough to recharge the batteries on her emotions; like a switch that'd be switched off--she came alive. As the energy around them breathed its final breath and the legendary library cease to tremor, she could only make out the sound of his voice.

"I-I-feel..." She stammered before opening her eyes. The result was the hidden components of Maya's abilities once dormant now brought to life in a surging non-threatening wave of pure energy pulsating through the library until it eventually subsides.

No Caption Provided

"I feel" She replied with an astonished chuckle. She wasn't surprised that he was able to pull it off, he was far more capable than the average. What surprised her was how 'novice' the High Queen's magic appeared in comparison to his. Guiding her feet back to the ground, Maya's crimson boots hit the tiled floor and immediately started in his direction stopping just a few short feet from his location.

"First and foremost, I need to thank you. Not only did you return my precious emotions to me, but you also risked your safety and shared personal elements of your own life. I can't thank you enough for that. But I will try."

Now that she could feel, her mind wondered about the location of the High Queen, The Arrival of The First Knight of Entropy, Blackstone; The Godkiller Book; and the Pending Imperium Invasion--All things she previously lost interest in.

"Let's get you healed up" Extending her right hand outward palm up, her crimson mystic force swirled to life before crossing the space between them to restore his body to maximum potential, not just power-wise even things like electrolytes would be brought to full potential.

"We have much to discuss. The Multiverse weeps, This Universe is in peril, and our Galaxy is in imminent danger" She reported her voice stern and eyes urgent as ever...and then.

"But of course I'm hungry, so we can talk about it over dinner my treat?"She asked rubbing the back of her head as her stomach growled embarrassingly in front of him. The Creation Goddess didn't actually NEED to eat, her body emulated the normal functions of a regular human meaning she felt the desire, but wouldn't actually perish if she didn't.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@jai_walker:

The sanctum was fairly quiet, as it had been most days, void of any significant amount of commotion that had once filled its dim halls with merry chatter of giddy visitors journeying into the building's depths. Even after the location would be opened to the public and gained the interest of various citizens of Metro City, it would not be long before the domain would return to the somber state of rest that had made up its interior for decades. While somewhat disappointed by the turn of events, in truth, the building's curator and sole inhabitant did find some comfort it being in such a large place that had become so desolate. It was soothing in a way. And while he didn't always enjoy it, he did well to see the silver lining in pea-

"MATTHEW!? MATTHEW WALKER? MY NAME IS JAI WEST, I NEED YOUR HELP!"

Surreal would lightly jump back from the text that he was analyzing after his ears had detected the hollering that would shatter the calm atmosphere of his home. His face showed that the sorcerer was more than just a little surprised by who or whatever it was that had made the jaw clenching noise, not that he was to be blamed for not immediately sensing that someone had just entered his home. For some time now, he had been wrapped in his studies and little else when he had spare time. Events of cosmic proportion had begun, and he, along with numerous others had been tasked with finding solutions to these various threats. So when his name had been called... when... his name... had been called... And his name was...

"What?!" Without any more than a moment, the Elder Mage would throw himself through a portal and into the main hall of the building, all with an expression of surprise and equal conflict growing on his visage. He would have bothered to first determine where the visitor was before going off to confront them, but his mindset carried little in the ways of critical thinking at this point in time. Fortunately, the archaic wormhole had lead just a few meters away from the whoever it was that had called The Sorcerer Supreme, with him now looking down on whoever the person was, his face casting a docile yet stern expression on them. "What do you need and how do you know who I am?"

No Caption Provided