Sanctum of Cryptic Sources (CVnU Living/Public Location)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0fac097137a
deactivated-5e0fac097137a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for deactivated-634b09db1891a
deactivated-634b09db1891a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: *Smiles* Alright, Matthew darling. *Winks* Call me if you need me! *Blows a kiss*

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254  Edited By Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brennaluther: @amazonian:

"Watch your tongue, young lady. Your friends may tolerate that kind of behavior, but I certainly won't."

LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lamartheslayer: @mister_surreal:

"Woah, I should really warn you about raising your tone at me. I am not some little girl you found on the street. *Glances at Alex* Oh gawds, didn't I get you expelled?

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@lamartheslayer: @amazonian: *To Venilia* "My tone hasn't changed. And it doesn't matter who you are or where you came from, as long as you wish to stay here, you will respect those you come into contact with."

LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: @amazonian:

*Still looks confused*

Uncle Matt? Why is Venilia here?

*Looks at Ven*

No, you didn't, but I'd forgive you even if you did

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LamarTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By LamarTheSlayer

@amazonian: @mister_surreal:

*Looks at his uncle weirdly*

Because I wanted to come say hi to my favorite uncle...

*Hands him a box of the special ingredients he uses when he cooks*

I was wondering if you were free for some dinner Uncle Matt, but if you're busy I can come back later..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal:

Fine, I'll make this easier for you! *Leaves the Sanctum*
Fine, I'll make this easier for you! *Leaves the Sanctum*

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@lamartheslayer: @amazonian:

*Closes eyes regretfully as Venilia leaves* I'm sorry Alex...I think it would be better if you came back later.

(OOC: I'm ending this here ^_^)

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@farseeker: @samara_moreau: @oraculi:

No Caption Provided

Looking over the still slumbering Ezra, the nature of what was currently happening to the girl would continue to plague the thoughts of the mage as he would take great concern as to what was happening with the girl. He had used his psionic magic to scan her mind and look over what it had been the cause of her weakened state, she didn't seem to be close to a state of full mental recuperation any time soon, something that would only make the matter more troublesome for Surreal. Not wanting to leave her health just effectiveness of the hall itself, he would press one hand to the forehead of Ezra and project his consciousness onto hers.

The first thing that would come of this had been the cloudy view of passive thoughts, emotions, feelings and information that were buzzing back and forth in the subconscious mind. But the magic user would need to venture farther unto the depths of the goddess' psyche if he wanted to gain an understanding of what was truly going on. With his eyebrows folding in over the eyes that were screwed shut, the sorcerer would press onward with greater focus to see what it was that had been keeping Ezra within herself for such an amount of time. Compelling his own sight deeper within her mind, soon approaching Ezra's unconscious mind.

O_Din

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: Haven't forgot, I need to catch up on all the other stuff I owed.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@o_din: I didn’t think you did :] I’m just excited.

Non_Playable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By Non_Playable

Place looks neat. Be a shame if somebody came by to knock over the joint.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Non_Playable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By Non_Playable

@brennaluther: Spicy. You gonna kiss 'em after? Turn 'em into princes and all that jazz?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@non_playable: Ew, no. I'll just make Ezra do it since she's an actual Princess and I'm not. >:)

Non_Playable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brennaluther: Huh. Maybe I should give this place a go then. I do like me some good ol' amphibian smoochin' action.

Oraculi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By Oraculi

@mister_surreal: @samara_moreau@farseeker

No Caption Provided

In Arze's dream-scape what appeared to be the sound of thunder boomed and echoed through the ruins of some ancient city, Ezra was of similar age then as she was now and beside her companion Astol who had received an injury to his eye. "They're both dead Astol, I had to kill them" Ezra said with a pained face to the blonde as her sword hand trembled with the stained blood of two old friends, Astol wouldn't say anything in response whether it was hatred or just the exhaustion from hours of fighting the princess would never know.

Before Astol could ever reply back a swarm at least dozens upon dozens of witheringly creatures with tentacles almost similar in appearance to the monsters Arze had a vision of in the sanctum almost two months ago would appear, from her perspective they moved with blurring speed even as she sped up her own reflexes and movement she could do nothing. Ezra was pinned and felt the darkness emanating from them sap her already diminishing strength even further. Some teeth bit into her shoulder and pierced her divine flesh with a frozen bite that caused her to scream in pain.

The next moment dozens of them were dead and tossed aside from Ezra, she looked to Astol and he was clearly suffering a wound from them too. The blonde god lifted her up from her feet before he with his sword cut aside six more of the creatures who were too fast for Ezra to even know were there "I'm sorry Astol, with out my armor they're just too fast for me" Ezra whimpered out as she touched her wound and thought about curing the corrupting infection as it began to grow

As she thought for a moment hesitantly Astol had finished off the rest of the swarm single handedly however it was not with out great cost, his injuries had resulted in an infection beginning to rapidly spread in his body "Ezra, do you have enough energy to purge the infection from the both of us?" he asked weakly as black veins began to slowly creep up his neck.

"No Astol, I don't" Ezra replied back as tears streamed down her cheek, she saw Astol's face turn to one devoid of hope for a moment before he became hardened "kill me, save yourself" he replied back and pushed away Ezra's hand away before she could rest it upon his body "the princess of Anor Londo is more important than some random god"

Arze's face would scrunch up with pain as she heard this "no don't say that Astol, just let me take care of you.I'm useless in a fight until my armor gets repaired" the princess would attempt to lay a hand again before she was violently shoved onto the ground before she could react, Arze winced in pain from Astol's push and looked at him with a mix of shock and pleading desperation "Astol please there isn't much time, I can't survive with out you"

Non_Playable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oraculi: Well that's pretty brutal. If she can turn into flame, could she have purged him of the corruption and then went fire-form to stop it in herself? Or does that also use energy?

Oraculi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@non_playable: She had been fighting non stop and curing countless people before they were 100% infected for hours before this particular scene comes up so she didn't have the energy to shed into her fire form which does require a certain amount of energy to do as well.

Non_Playable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oraculi: Damn. Now I feel bad for the girl.

Oraculi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@non_playable: I'm having a hard time exploring this tragic back ground of hers since she keeps it to herself in character (She's not really the type to just open up to random people about what happened), so I decided best to do it in a flash back.

Non_Playable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By Non_Playable

@oraculi: Reliving it in dreams is a good way to do it, but I like the idea of an emotional moment where she confides in the people or person she trusts most too. I imagine that would be a hard RP to do though...

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By ParagonxXx

@non_playable: She'll be living with me in my mansion, renting a room. I will befriend her and soon she will reveal ALL to me! Mwhahaha! *Evil cackle*

Oraculi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@non_playable: It's going to be a really hard sell for her to say what happened IC due to her pride. More than likely I'll have to have some third party telepathy her some time down the road and show what happened to others.

Samara_Moreau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281  Edited By Samara_Moreau

@mister_surreal@farseeker@oraculi

No Caption Provided

Samara steps aside with a small laugh. Wrong way. She opens the door for him with a wide grin, revealing a series of revolving staircases. "Y'know, that is precisely why I came. It's sad to see you think the worst of me already." The trickster showed him the aged book she had kept.

"Anyways, it seems like you are lost, friend." The devilish girl extended her arms much like a messiah would. "The Sanctum is quite labyrinthine, it is true." She gave a warm smile capable of melting even the Pharaoh's heart, and she knew this from experience. "Thankfully for you, I see your goal is pure and I am here to serve as your guide, so that you may give the damsel your aid." She stifled a laugh and pulled out another cigarette from her box of Marlboro Red. "Just say the magic word, that's all."

Avatar image for deactivated-6030568ceeb29
deactivated-6030568ceeb29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal:

No Caption Provided

The hybrid Goddess could feel the distortion of time and space, but she wasn't inclined to give it her attention. That is until she could feel his presence orbiting the outer rim of her negation shield.

Maya's dark brown eyes finally churned in the man's direction. "I'm not too concerned" She replied meeting his weak smile with a blank stare, it wasn't her own doing; Maya's status as a Goddess was starting to take effect, and like her father, she was beginning to lose touch with all things that made her human. "I knocked on the door because I'm losing something I hold dear. If I lose It I fear I'll be no different than the deities that sit atop their pantheons doing nothing while the world suffers."

It was kind of a shot at her father, even though she knew that life eventually dragged him to that extreme, but if she was to continue helping this world--no worlds and realms. She needed to be the Maya of old. But it was a double-edged sword, the way she was now provided her with the ability to challenge the High Queen without inhibitions. The Immortal Multiversal Judge could take out a member of her family and it wouldn't hurt, but to lose someone like Cat or Tassi should hurt and because of that Maya was here.

"I need a spell, I believe it might be here." She said nodding toward the direction of the sanctum. "The spell requires two sorcerors, and because I can't cast it on myself. I need it. Will you help me?"

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maya_liafador:

The man's emerald eyes would study the woman's face as she would carry on their discuss, her odd nature not lost on him for a moment. He could tell just by being in her presence that behind the blank stare that she would project onto his weakened face, that there was far more to the story than what may have appeared to be initially. This would of course be proven true when she spoke of what she had lost, something that was important, and as such could revert her to what sounded like an apathetic state. But based on her wording, it would seem like she would be subtly implying that she herself was very much akin to the gods of old and their dispassionate natures. Something that intrigued him greatly.

A great many divine beings had entered the ancient sanctum since the time it had first been construed all those millennia ago, many of whom came seeking help from mortal hands. Though, as the years went by and history would soon turn to myth, so did the frequency of such occurrences within the particular domain. It was in a way something of a depressing thought, but one that was irrelevant, and nothing more than a dreamlike observation. This woman had now come to the sanctum, no doubt seeking the help from the man who was rumored to live their, or, that was what she wanted him to believe. What the woman's true intentions had been remained a mystery.

"Hmm..." The man would take a few more moments to size up the possible threat while maintaining a friendly and somewhat passive demeanor. "Well, all I can do to help you is advise that you open the front door for starters. It's unlocked." He would demonstrate as much by jingling the door a bit and showing how it was susceptible to entry. Afterwards, lean in slightly while being sure no to invade her personal space. "The guy inside is trusting like that. Anyway, best of luck to you, and tell me what it's like in there...if you make it out that is." He would lazily wave his hand as he turned around and would go back the way he came, not stopping or looking back for a moment.

The eccentric man would be gone in no time at all, like a ghost that had decided to leave as abruptly as it had come, for little reason that was justified by even less explanation. And should the woman listen to his instructions find herself opening the door to the sanctum, she would be exposed to a darkened area with the sun protruding through the wall that lead to a set up steps. And while the man she had just spoken to would be gone, she would be able to see a shadowy figure that hovered above the staircase that was not too far off from her. It would stay there for a few moments before floating down a bit closer to the woman that had decided to enter. "Who are you and why have you come here?"

"Who are you and why have you come here?"

FarSeeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samara_moreau@mister_surreal@oraculi

She clasps in her grip a well ancient tome and opens the door to the wizard, stepping away to do so. Sincerity or treachery, it matters little. I am unlikely to ever find the girl wandering aimlessly in this maze.

"Anyway, it seems like you are lost, friend."

"..."

The words, not even uttered in my mother tongue, rattle unexpectedly in my mind. How long has it been? How long have I traveled alone in the void, unable to indulge in the simplest pleasure of a companion?

I swallow hard, decide to take a risk.

In one hand I fold the spear and stow it away, the lightning dying into sparks, then collapsing entirely. The other hand I tuck below the airtight seal of my mask, peeling it from my face to reveal a horned skull, pointed, knife-like ears, and greyish, purple-blue skin. Whether this girl still wishes to pursue friendship despite my appearance, I leave to her.

In silence, I stare down at her as she flashes a smile back up at me. Suddenly, the thrumming in my heart intensifies. My mouth goes dry.

As she retrieves another roll of plant matter to light aflame, offering to guide me to the one I seek, I try to agree to her offer of help. Instead, I find myself struggling to put words in order. I nod my assent instead, looking away, heart still pounding in my chest. It begins to dawn on me that she truly is rather beautiful.

My mind is still in that haze when she requests a "magic word", her lips curling into another smile as she suppresses a laugh. Her smile, it creates a pang of something in me.

I am glad for this test. It allows me to break my gaze from her as I scan the room instead, taking the time to calm myself. This place is replete with magic, but I find nothing with my cursory search. I then glance back down to the tome in her hand. "I do not suppose the word you wish me to utter is in that book of yours? If it is, I ask that you please grant it to me. I do not know it." As I speak, I find myself taking only glances at her before averting my eyes. A tactical misplay, perhaps, but one I cannot avoid. The thought of staring into her eyes, of her realizing my nervousness, fills me with dread. I run a hand through my long, unkempt hair, feel along my unpolished horns, silently cursing myself for neglecting my appearance all this time. "If you lead, I will follow you." I finally find words, but they sound awkward and stilted, even as I speak them. At the very least, if she does lead the way, she will have to have her back to me. That small mercy should allow me to collect myself. At least, I hope that is so.

Samara_Moreau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(Magic word is ‘please’. lol)

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oraculi: @farseeker: @samara_moreau:

No Caption Provided

The sorcerer would fly through all manner of mental paths and visions as he searched for the forefront of Ezra's thoughts, the thing that would be keeping her unconscious mind within its particular state at this point in time. Doing so would cause countless flashes of images and emotions to breeze past the magic user as he would locate what he felt was at the center of Ezra's state. Though this world was foreign to him, he was no stranger when it came to traversing maddening realities, realms and dimensions, in fact, this one was more simple than most. And with his knowledge of the human mind, coordinated travel could be properly enacted.

It would take an uncertain amount of time, but sooner or later Surreal was able to catch up to what seemed to be where Ezra's thoughts were currently occupied. Peering through a cloud of psychological smoke, he would witness what seemed to be a dungeon of sorts. And in there, he would see a figure of a girl that appeared to be Ezra, aiding what looked like a wounded soldier, no doubt that some kind of war had taken place, but the exact nature of what had taken place was unknown. He got a bit closer to the two of them, a few feet away, but remained unseen, allowing the mage to believe. But as he floated closer to the two, he would gain a greater understanding of the situation.

"They're both dead Astol, I had to kill them."

"I'm sorry Astol, without my armor they're just too fast for me."

"Ezra, do you have enough energy to purge the infection from the both of us?"

"No Astol, I don't."

It was certainly a depressing view to say the least, one that Mister Surreal was all to familiar with in his time as a protector. While he had grown accustomed seeing blood shed among young warriors in battles that they truly did not deserve to take part in, the depression that he felt when he watched them fall was always something that had stayed with him. The scene before him would cause his brow to crinkle and his face would soften as he watched the two young heroes upon their situation, allowing his own youth to shrine through at the scene. He stayed vigilante upon the sight with the utmost amount of focus as he began to formulate a new plan.

"Kill me, save yourself. The princess of Anor Londo is more important than some random god."

"No don't say that Astol, just let me take care of you. I'm useless in a fight until my armor gets repaired."

"Astol please there isn't much time, I can't survive without you."

That would be enough to draw tears from the eyes of most, but as compassionate as the sorcerer was towards the two in the scene, he would not allow himself to be overridden with emotion. Instead, he would look around and try to find a way to wake Ezra from what could easily be her own personal Hell. While he considered himself to be no expert on the human mind, Mister Surreal did have a substantial amount of knowledge of how it operated based on his various studies regarding science and the supernatural. With such knowledge of them, he would be made quite aware that some sort of cognitive prison of deeper emotion could be keeping Ezra here. The question was "what?"

FarSeeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samara_moreau said:

(Magic word is ‘please’. lol)

(I just thought it would be funny for an alien to mistake her request as a literal one. They are in a magic sanctum after all lol)

Samara_Moreau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal:

No Caption Provided

As the man departed Maya's eyes return to the door. She manages to take a single step before her mind is overloaded with a series on conflicts transpiring at the present moment. Those still faithful to their religion called out for her mother, but the Great Cardinal Goddess was dead; and none of her offspring heeded any of their calls--Not yet. Pushing up the steps, Maya entered the door without hesitation to almost immediately be greeted a floating phantom.

"You know who I am. You probably know why I'm here" She called back allowing her hands to rest at her side to give off the impression she was not here under hostile intentions. "People like us don't have to know each other to know what the other is capable of. Like you, I am a mistress of the mystic arts, a guardian of realities and sometimes...a creator"

Though they'd never actually met it was hard to ignore someone who possessed so much power. "My name is Maya Liafador-Pettis, daughter of Ziccarra Liafador and Thee Champion, Alexis Pettis. I'm losing my tether to humanity and I need a spell that will stop it. I was wondering if you had a remedy"

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@maya_liafador:

"Mistress of the Mystic Arts"..."A guardian of reality..."A Creator...". Each word spoken by the woman would seemingly have the sorcerer's suspicions confirmed, almost to the surprise of the magic user himself. Matthew had heard of such titles in his tenure as the Sorcerer Supreme, it was of course his duty as the protector of this universe's reality to be aware of countless of potential threats and allies across the multiverse. Magical and supernatural alike. And while her words could easily be seen as highly questionable to say the least, he had indeed been made aware of this being's existence in some shape or form. Though, this was the first time that he had seen her face in person.

While she could easily have been dismissed as any other sorceress, or even a mundane human being, it was like Maya had said, people like them could know each other's power without knowing the person. And just by being in her presence, Surreal could tell that she possessed a phenomenal amount of mystical power, power that could easily dwarf his own at its peak. And in his weakened state, she would be vastly more capable than he would be should a confrontation arise. No matter, as far as he could tell she was indeed telling the truth. And with that in mind, he would not need to deal with the task of defeating her in such a disproportionate battle. Not yet anyways...

No Caption Provided

Floating down to the woman, the mage would reveal himself to Maya, cloak and all. "Well...I am Mister Surreal, the Sorcerer Supreme of Earth, this Earth anyway. I apologize for the theatrics, I just needed to be sure that you were telling the truth. It's also a bit of an occupational hazard." He would smile warmly at Maya momentarily, before returning to his more reserved expression. "I've heard of you, and I am willing to aid you. But first, we have much to talk about." He would create portal leading to another room with two opposing chairs. "Please, take a seat." Taking a step through the portal, he would find a place in one of the chairs. If Maya accepted his offer, he would begin. "Tell me, if you can, how and when did this begin?"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal:

No Caption Provided

"There's no need to apologize, I understand. It's an honor to finally meet you Mister Surreal" The Power Princess retort understanding the need for a serious system of checks and balances. Her statement wasn't a lie, for the longest time Maya struggled to get a grasp on her abilities, had it not been for the Phoenix's influence she might've accidentally discharged her reality abilities. Iron sharpens Iron so meeting him here today was a good even if he wasn't able to help her. Though, she thought it was Ironic how this man had a house in the middle of the city that was somehow more secure than the library of the Multi-Verse. 'Go Figure' she thought to herself taking a moment to catalog every detail of his facial features.

The facial features of each person told a unique story, in a sense, it was a language. She could make out liars, the weary, the wise and the foolish just from detailing specific facial crevices--his were good.

Following in tow through the portal to a room with the two seats, the Reality Warper sat when prompted and gave a hard thought to his question.

"It happened during the Spanish Revolution, my mother used a curse to blacken my heart. I did horrible things, but thanks to the Phoenix Force I was temporarily joined with, I was able to restore my heart to its natural hue, but it didn't bring the emotions back. Over time it gradually became worse; I felt nothing when my mother died. I don't feel the warmth or comfort of my family. I'm often too preoccupied with the stories being told in the Universe. I see it all the time as I'm sure you do. Someone as powerful as I shouldn't be allowed to be emotionless. It's not the type of justice I want to be involved in" She was referring to celestial beings so detached from humanity that they instill almost "Absolute Justice" on their constituents no matter how petty the crime.

"Tell me, why haven't I been able to reverse this spell on my own? Surely I'm capable enough?" Power wasn't the issue--She was. Unknown to her she'd fallen victim to a cosmic spell subtly placed on her by a being on a much higher power scale that she would need someone as immensely powerful and adept in the Arcane Arts like Mister Surreal to lift such a curse.

Samara_Moreau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Micro-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samara_moreau:

(Ezra is around a good bit of the time. I'll ask her if she is just taking her time :] )

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295  Edited By ParagonxXx

@samara_moreau: (Ezra is busy with College finals at the moment. She'll get to replies when those are done. ^_^)

Samara_Moreau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@maya_liafador:

Surreal's eyes would remain fixated on Maya's face, frozen as they would study her less than expressive features. In direct contrast to his mind that would be jumping every which way at the words that floated out of her mouth. Based on the nature of how the sorceress spoke of such grim events, was made quite clear to Surreal that she was indeed telling the truth about her particular problem. Even the raw energy that she resonated within her as magic user would feel out of place to the Sorcerer Supreme. It was powerful, but lacking in a way. The collected information would cause the mage himself to catch his brow his fingers as he listened to Maya with the utmost attention, catching each she detail she placed like a fly in a web.

No Caption Provided

Each passing moment of the otherwise quiet room would be filled with the sound of Maya projecting past experiences, from the pivotal Spanish Revolution to the enigmatic Phoenix Force. The sorcerer all the while he would remain stiff, not taking his eyes off of her for a moment. And by the time that she had finished with her explanation, Mister Surreal had already been able to take into account multiple factors and possibilities that could have inflicted the witch with her current issue. Closing his eyes momentarily, his emerald irises would reappear, directed towards the wooden floor that the two magic users has rested upon. Accompanied by a new expression that had made him seem fatigued while simultaneously in deep thought.

"I see..." Was the only response that he would give before returning his gaze to the enchanting sorceress before him. The statement wasn't much to offer, but the Elder Wizard would have been in deep thought, even while searching for viable answers for Maya's problem. But when it came to her direct question, that was when he would go a step further. "The answer to that question is not a simple one to find, I'm afraid. I can however confirm that you are indeed more than powerful enough to resolve this issue on your own. Which would leave me to believe that matter of doing so was centered around knowledge and practice. No offense to your vast capabilities."

Surreal's tone would be a naturally low one, rich and firm, but a soft and welcoming all the same. It was a quality that many of those consulted him would find to be somewhat relaxing during the entire situation. Hopefully, that would be enough to gain some enough assurance on Maya's part to allow him to proceed with his next step of diagnosis. Leaning in, he would raise to hands near the sides of her head, while firmly staring into her eyes. "With your mystical abilities out of the question, I believe that a mental analysis is the key to helping you. May I?" Matthew's eyes would be just a serious as ever, but not harsh or dominate in the slightest. It in way demonstrated a subtle care that he displayed for people, even those that he had just met.

I would have posted sooner, but I have been busy on vacation the past few days. Anyway, I'm back now :]

Oraculi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298  Edited By Oraculi

@mister_surreal said:

@oraculi: @farseeker: @samara_moreau:

No Caption Provided

The sorcerer would fly through all manner of mental paths and visions as he searched for the forefront of Ezra's thoughts, the thing that would be keeping her unconscious mind within its particular state at this point in time. Doing so would cause countless flashes of images and emotions to breeze past the magic user as he would locate what he felt was at the center of Ezra's state. Though this world was foreign to him, he was no stranger when it came to traversing maddening realities, realms and dimensions, in fact, this one was more simple than most. And with his knowledge of the human mind, coordinated travel could be properly enacted.

It would take an uncertain amount of time, but sooner or later Surreal was able to catch up to what seemed to be where Ezra's thoughts were currently occupied. Peering through a cloud of psychological smoke, he would witness what seemed to be a dungeon of sorts. And in there, he would see a figure of a girl that appeared to be Ezra, aiding what looked like a wounded soldier, no doubt that some kind of war had taken place, but the exact nature of what had taken place was unknown. He got a bit closer to the two of them, a few feet away, but remained unseen, allowing the mage to believe. But as he floated closer to the two, he would gain a greater understanding of the situation.

"They're both dead Astol, I had to kill them."

"I'm sorry Astol, without my armor they're just too fast for me."

"Ezra, do you have enough energy to purge the infection from the both of us?"

"No Astol, I don't."

It was certainly a depressing view to say the least, one that Mister Surreal was all to familiar with in his time as a protector. While he had grown accustomed seeing blood shed among young warriors in battles that they truly did not deserve to take part in, the depression that he felt when he watched them fall was always something that had stayed with him. The scene before him would cause his brow to crinkle and his face would soften as he watched the two young heroes upon their situation, allowing his own youth to shrine through at the scene. He stayed vigilante upon the sight with the utmost amount of focus as he began to formulate a new plan.

"Kill me, save yourself. The princess of Anor Londo is more important than some random god."

"No don't say that Astol, just let me take care of you. I'm useless in a fight until my armor gets repaired."

"Astol please there isn't much time, I can't survive without you."

That would be enough to draw tears from the eyes of most, but as compassionate as the sorcerer was towards the two in the scene, he would not allow himself to be overridden with emotion. Instead, he would look around and try to find a way to wake Ezra from what could easily be her own personal Hell. While he considered himself to be no expert on the human mind, Mister Surreal did have a substantial amount of knowledge of how it operated based on his various studies regarding science and the supernatural. With such knowledge of them, he would be made quite aware that some sort of cognitive prison of deeper emotion could be keeping Ezra here. The question was "what?"

The sound of a head falling and rolling to the ground would be heard instead of seen, then Ezra's memory would skip to the post battle conditions of Anor Londo. She was still wearing the equipment she had from before but this time she stood in-front a row of headstones, each one belonging to someone she killed, there was no time for proper burials after the attack that hit Anor Londo and not many present to mourn losses since even entire bloodlines were wiped out during the attack but she was the Queen's daughter and she was in no physical or mental condition to do any productive.

She stood motionless staring at the headstones with dark circles formed on her eyes, the headstones and the grave inside a beautiful but solemn palace meant to be the final resting grounds for deceased gods. "I-I never thought, that'd I'd be the one to end the life of each one of you" she murmured before holding herself with her arms and looking down at the ground to stifle some cries, the truth of their demise wasn't known to anyone yet because while they knew the junior gods were killed in combat they don't know by which means they were killed.

It was something the princess couldn't admit doing

FarSeeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299  Edited By FarSeeker

@oraculi: That's just... rough. Pretty tragic for a teenager, but is she really a teen? 1700 years is a long time to carry that kinda guilt. Hope Surreal can help her get over her guilt (by non-magical means, of course).

Micro-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farseeker: People form Anor Lando age mentally and physically 100 times slower than humans. So it wasn't that long ago from her, I'm sure.