Sanctum of Cryptic Sources (CVnU Living/Public Location)

Yazhun_Sanvun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You're characters need to be pretty powerful if they want to face Brenna.

Yazhun_Sanvun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Yazhun_Sanvun

@knight101: (sorry for delay. you started it :P j/k)

They said nothing. They had indeed felt the esoteric pull of the Sanctum but there own power was not without competitive balance. Allowing them to dictate the manner and timing of their entry. But an invitation had been offered. An invitation they would accept.

No Caption Provided

Without further pause or hesitation their wand hand's stylishly shot forward discharging various streams of luminescent energy. "Nosce Te Ipsum!" they shouted. "Know thyself!" If struck, the bolts of mystical energy would induce a sub-conscious plague, a mental torment aimed towards ripping the Mistress of Magic's mind apart by contaminating her fondest memories.

Knight101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yazhun_sanvun: (:P)

Weaving her hands if she is creating some tapestry, Brenna conjures a magical mirror, "Reflection." The assassin's magic energy hits the mirror and then bounces back directly towards the attackers as Brenna tries turning their own attempt back upon them.

Yazhun_Sanvun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Yazhun_Sanvun
Cersi
Cersi

@knight101:

The unusually dressed duo react but not in time. Forced to make a decision, the leather clad Cersi yanked her Victorian ally in front of her. Shielding herself against the insanity of their own making.

His mask was sent flying back out through the door and into the street. Where it lay smoldering and empty. His body gone, vanquished in an instant.

"You'll die for that!" quickly forming her hands and fingers into a series of magic tutting, Cersi seemingly vanished. Only to instantly reappear inside the mirror. Reaching out attempting to pull her target into its glass reflection and an upside down World of unbelievable torment.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aranea: (Sorry about taking so long to respond, for some reason I didn't pick up your tag.)

The sorcerer was sitting in the sanctorum of his home in the dead of night, reading a book while he quietly drank a cup of tea. Most of his nights were very much like this one, he rested and calmed his nerves by reading and drinking a warm beverage in the sweet aroma of silence.

This night however would prove to be slightly different than the ones that he normally had. Every else had left hours ago, including his "roommate" Brenna who had chosen to go out for the night. But magic user retained the feeling that he would not be the only one in the building for much longer.

He then felt another presence appear near the sanctum. "What is that?", he thought to himself as he peered up from his reading material.

Aranea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: (All good ^_^)

Aranea continued crawling about the window, there was something seriously off about it.

The bricks, is it me or are they almost vibrating. Kinda feels like the hum of a generator. Spooky. The Spider noticed a portion of the window was opened by a hatch. He didn't hesitate to leap off the window, fire two lines of web and launch himself inside. With a graceful and silent landing, he found himself within the Sanctum's walls.

The young hero stood up and looked around. So it's like a museum for weird collectibles?

"Hello?" Aranea softly called out. "I swear I'm not a burglar, just a hero making a house call! Anyone home?"

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@aranea: (Thanks for understanding.)

Now the sorcerer knew that he was definitely not alone. He put down his book and got up from his chair before floating off to the origin of the voice that he heard. You see, his magic was so in tune with the nature of this place that he was aware of virtually everything that went one within the location.

He hovered a few meters from the ground as he got closer to the room that the supposesed hero was calling from. "I wonder who it is.", he thought to himself as he neared the location, only a couple of seconds away from finding out who it was.

After some time passed by, the sorcerer came across the spider like figure who had decided to enter his home. He was in a dark room that only slightly illuminated by the moon light coming through the window, no doubt how he entered. He wasn't sure if he had become aware of his own presence or not, but he as certainly aware of his.

As got closer to him, he vaguely recognized the appearance of the figure. "Arenea.", the shadowy mage said through the darkness.

Aranea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal:

The sudden appearance of the stranger startled him, quickly turning around. "Whoa! You walk quietly." Aranea chuckled to himself.

He knows my name? Spider-Sense didn't go off, must mean he isn't a threat... At least not right now.

"I'm guessing you've seen me in the papers? Or am I wearing one of those pesky name tags."

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The reaction of the young hero when seeing the sorcerer was quite amusing to the mage. He rarely startled people with his appearance.

"I recognize your name from the newspapers, you have made quite a name for your self in Metro City.", the mage said as looked down at his guest.

He displayed a warm but faint smile as he continued speaking to the stranger. "Now, what brings you here to pay this unexpected visit at such a late hour?

Aranea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal:

"Heard word about a bunch of crazy lights and noises coming from this building. Thought it could either be a rave or an alarm. Considering you have all these fancy artifacts, a burglary wouldn't be that surprising." Aranea thumbed the display cabinets that surrounded them.

It was only then he noticed the attire this stranger wore. "That's a pretty hardcore LARP costume."

"So what is this place? Some sort of trinket-slash-magic shop? Oh! Are you a magician?"

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@aranea:

Mister Surreal sighed lightly as he heard the stranger utter that crusaded word, “magician”. It was highly degrading to someone who was as powerful as he, seeing as how that would suggest he was simply a fake practitioner of magic. Though, it was not technically inaccurate.

I was once a magician, but now I am a true sorcerer. And you are currently standing in the Sanctum of Cryptic Sources.

The sorcerer waved his hand and reignited the candles that hung on chandelier of the room. Many strange and intriguing artifacts were displayed within the room as soon as the light filled the area.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal:

Magic.

It always intrigued Heiji, to the point of obsession. His rings clacked together as he exited the black car that then drove away. It would pick him up later, possibly. If there was anything left to pick up. He took out a cigarette and clicked the lighter on, starting a fire, as he ascended the steps. Rather than knock, he kicked the door open and it swung on its hinges. Stepping inside quickly, he watched as it slammed behind him again. The seal on the floor went undisturbed.

"<Stupid rune magic,>" he muttered, puffing out smoke as he moved inside.

He was here on business. Nothing more, nothing less. And anyone who knew what his job was, knew that it wasn't going to be pretty.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@warsman: @aranea: (OOC: Do you guys want to combine these RPGs or keep them separate?)

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aranea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warsman: @aranea: (OOC: Do you guys want to combine these RPGs or keep them separate?)

(Sure! I'll have my post up after I'm done work shortly)

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@warsman: @aranea:

Only a few moments after the mage had given light to the room of artifacts, he felt the front doors of the Sanctum swing open with yet another presence entering shortly after. "It would seem that everyone is having a midnight stroll.", he thought to himself.

The sorcerer paused without taking his eyes off of Aranea, wanting to keep an eye on his first guest but also trying to determine the nature of the second. He felt that this new character had a somewhat disturbing manner about them, one that he was all too familiar with. He shut the door behind the being abruptly in order to make sure that it didn't escape.

"Stay here.", he said to Aranea as he floated off to meet the other stranger.

Aranea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only a few moments after the mage had given light to the room of artifacts, he felt the front doors of the Sanctum swing open with yet another presence entering shortly after. "It would seem that everyone is having a midnight stroll.", he thought to himself.

The sorcerer paused without taking his eyes off of Aranea, wanting to keep an eye on his first guest but also trying to determine the nature of the second. He felt that this new character had a somewhat disturbing manner about them, one that he was all to0 familiar with. He shut the door behind the being abruptly in order to make sure that it didn't escape.

"Stay hear.", he said to Aranea as he floated off to meet the other stranger.

"Wait, did he just put out those candles? Annnnd now he's floating..."

Aranea just watched in stunned silence as the now apparent sorcerer floated out of the room. "Uh, okay then. 10-4 on the whole magic thing, and staying here..." He chuckled while pointing with finger-guns.

Once the sorcerer was out of sight, the Spider leaped up to the ceiling to hide in the shadows. "The magic dude almost looked like he was a little concerned, better be ready in case someone actually did just break into this place."

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aranea: @mister_surreal:

Heiji wasn't subtle in the slightest. He had no reason to be, nor did he have an inherent want to. A few of the glass artworks around him just 'happened' to find the blunt object he was so fond of a bit closer than intended, perhaps with bit more force behind it than intended, but they just reassembled themselves or were swept up by other various magical incarnations.

"<Boring, where's the good stuff?>" he exhaled more smoke.

When the apparent proprietor of the estate arrived in a suitably flashy fashion, cloak flowing around him and such, Heiji interrupted whatever introduction he had planned by pointing his bat right at his chest.

"<I want that cloak,>" he said in Japanese, assuming there to be some sort of translation device in effect. "<I'm familiar with magic myself, but I never had a cloak before. I want yours.>"

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@aranea: @warsman:

The sorcerer levitated a couple of meters off of the floor as he looked down at the second intruder with disapproving eyes. His gaze would suggest that he was displeased with the actions of the foe, but not to the extent where he would elect a deeply emotional response.

"You have no right to be here.", the sorcerer said to the stranger with his unwelcoming yet passive expression. He could sense that Aranea had moved slightly from his position upstairs, but paid little attention to that matter. This foe seemed to be much more of a threat than the arachnid ever could be, but Mister Surreal still didn't want him to get caught in the middle of a confrontation.

After hearing the words that were spoken by the stranger, Mister Surreal turned his head slightly in confusion due to lack of understanding. He can however understand this character through telepathy. After processing his thoughts, he easily makes his response. "You're not getting it, now leave.", he said as crossed over his hands as if he were about to cast a spell.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"<Shame,>" Heiji shrugged, crushing the cigarette into some upholstery and making a deep scorch mark. At first he seemed deflated, huffing slightly.

"<I wasn't asking,>"

But, like flipping a coin, his eyes suddenly flashed with a blood-curdling sharpness. He was upon the sorcerer faster than even sharpened human reflexes would allow the body to react to. Magic would make up the different between him and the protector of this estate. Hands crossed for an incantation or not, he would have to use those hands to cast it first. Bat to the knuckles, with six tons of force behind the swing, cutting through the air as if wind resistance just didn't exist.

Heiji didn't stop there. He hardly ever did. He would raise the blunt object again and again and again, bringing it down repeatedly around the sorcerer. His ring of flight would allow him to pursue the cloaked master of the arcane no matter where he went.

All throughout this assault, he didn't say a word; he was just focused on breaking anything and everything between him and the marrow of the sorcerer's bones.

Aranea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Aranea

@mister_surreal said:

The sorcerer levitated a couple of meters off of the floor as he looked down at the second intruder with disapproving eyes. His gaze would suggest that he was displeased with the actions of the foe, but not to the extent where he would elect a deeply emotional response.

"You have no right to be here.", the sorcerer said to the stranger with his unwelcoming yet passive expression. He could sense that Aranea had moved slightly from his position upstairs, but paid little attention to that matter. This foe seemed to be much more of a threat than the arachnid ever could be, but Mister Surreal still didn't want him to get caught in the middle of a confrontation.

After hearing the words that were spoken by the stranger, Mister Surreal turned his head slightly in confusion due to lack of understanding. He can however understand this character through telepathy. After processing his thoughts, he easily makes his response. "You're not getting it, now leave.", he said as crossed over his hands as if he were to cast a spell.

Aranea now hung upside down from a web on the ceiling, watching the confrontation unfold. His attention was mostly fixated on the intruder. Sizing him up in case things got ugly. "Who's this guy now? The way he's dressed, the Japanese. This is the most cliche "ganster tough guy" I've seen all week, and it's been a long one."

He tilted his head at the gangster's blunt request. "Wow. Either he's REALLY confident, or the worst robber of all time."

Then the intruder produced a bat and begun a blurring assault with little escalation. "WHOA!" Aranea's eyes widened at the incredible speed, his enhanced perception kicking in, slowing everything down significantly.

Without a second thought, Aranea thwipped a line of webbing at at the bat this beast held. If his perfect aim hit it's mark, the Spider would use an equal force of 6 tons to pull the weapon out of his hands. "Yeesh! What happened to the good 'ol days of some threatening banter before mugging someone? Not even a *Gruff voice* "the cape or your life!" Or something?" Aranea flipped down from the ceiling, landing behind the attacker.

"Hey! Magic man! I'm seriously hoping those weren't parlor tricks earlier with the candles, and you got something good up your sleeve." He shouted to the sorcerer.

Aranea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aranea:

What's Aranea's strength limit?

Aranea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warsman:

About fifteen tons average, but twenty when pushed to the limit.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The sorcerer looked back at Aranea among the chaos that had ensued in the few moments after he approached the stranger and requested that he leave immediately. While normally, he would have been quick to scold the hero for failing to listen to his warning, but he was thankful that he had disobeyed and chose to help him.

If it were not for him, Mister Surreal likely would have been gravely injured as a result swift blow from the enemy. He may have been an incredibly powerful sorcerer, but he was still a human physically and therefore had human limitations.

"Don't worry, that was just my opening act!", the magic user replied promptly. He quickly contorted his hands in an abnormal matter and created glass like fragments around one of his hands. He then used the other hand to project a miniature force-field in front of himself.

He lunged at the attacker in an attempt to land a hit, all the while having a shield that would protect him from a counter strike.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: @aranea:

Heiji stopped, not of his own volition, but because someone had managed to land behind him and ensnare his weapon as to keep him from moving entirely. At least, at this point. He was highly interested at this point, and angled his head to stare at the spider-themed hero with wide eyes.

"<Oh?>" he cooed.

The fact that the sorcerer had embedded a glass-like protrusion into his thoracic cavity didn't seem to register at first. True, the pain was there, but it was a familiar sensation. Something he had grown accustomed to. The sensation of being stopped, however, was new, and he wanted to indulge in it for a little while.

"<I wonder how strong you actually are. Time to test it, with extreme prejudice,>"

Gripping the specially-designed bat tightly, his muscles cracked with exposure now. The fibers were being pumped full of blood, expanded and aerated. Something horrible was about to happen.

And all Heiji could do was smile.

The arm holding the bat expanded with a colossal force, muscles ripping through layers of designer fabric. He was now using roughly five times as much strength as before, putting him in about the Class 30-ton range. Without warning, he flung his bat-arm forward, a sonic boom ripping through the foyer as he did so. Whether or not the spider would react accordingly didn't seem to be on his list of concerns any longer. With untold amounts of glass and stone popping around him, Heiji focused once more on the sorcerer.

"<Stab me a couple more times, see if that does anything,>" he remarked, blood starting to trickle down out of his stomach now. It was a wound that dug deep into his intestines. "<I think I'll test your shield now.>"

Heiji, if nothing else, was an honest man. His strikes were aimed precisely towards the shield, intent on ripping it apart despite its magical origins. He knew that constructs like that were only as strong as the mental fortitude of the wielder. It was just a matter of how hard he hit it, and how many times. Eventually he would break through, especially considering how fast those strikes were coming now as blows in the Class 30-ton range.

Aranea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: @warsman:

"Hell yeah! Magic for the win-" Aranea's boast was cut short, his senses tingling throughout his brain.

His spider-sense had to be Aranea's greatest ability. As soon as this monster was preparing for his devastating blow, Aranea knew it. It didn't require focus or effort, the hero jumped in the air, performing a perfect corkscrew flip. The jacked-up arm of his foe sped past his body by an inch, not even touching the fabric of his hoodie. Once the attack had passed, Aranea landed back on the ground.

"Guess we can add 'roid rage to your list of charming qualities." Aranea quipped. "Holy crap he's strong. If he manages to get me once, it's bye bye spider guy."

Aranea fired a ball of webbing right for the side of his face with the idea of blinding him. This was followed up with two lines of webbing aimed for his legs. If connected, Aranea would pull with all of his might to face-plant the sucker.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Mister_Surreal

Mister Surreal's shield was able to hold up against the constant bashing of the club initially, but it was becoming more and more difficult to do so with each passing second. The force of each swing felt greater than the last, not to mention how distracting the sound of the banging had become. But he was still far from any true danger. "That attack wasn't meant to hurt you, I knew that you wouldn't be affected by it greatly. All I wanted to see was how you would respond.", the mage explained.

With the shove of his hand, the force field was expelled from his body so greatly that he could send a 30,000 pound truck onto its side. Mister Surreal made sure that the wave was concentrated towards only the attacker, as not to accidentally injure Aranea along with him. He launched himself backwards about 20 feet away from the other two so that he could get some breathing room as well as gain some more time to plan his next move.

After making a few hand gestures, the mage then slammed his palms together resulting in a shock wave of mystical fragments being sent in all directions, washing over the entire environment. What had now happened was that the sorcerer was able to isolate the dimension that the battle was raging in from the one with all of the physical matter in the area. They were still in the same location, but they could not physically interact with the environment and there for couldn't damage it any further.

"How's that for a trick?", the magic user asked with a solemn tone of voice.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Warsman

Precious seconds were purchased with the webbing used for blinding, which was ripped off in very little time. Even fewer, by the webbing around his ankles which he just walked through. Every muscle a war machine, Heiji nevertheless found the adhesiveness more agitating than the steel-like strength of the compound. The handful of sticky goo he removed from his eyes remained there despite his best efforts.

Yet, all of that effort was for naught as everything went white for a second. The last thing Heiji remembered before the impact was a pair of ghostly lights heading for him out of his peripheral vision.

He kept his eyes open throughout the exchange of energies. Power, strength, magic, it was all relative in the moment. Such spectacular blows seemingly gave the sorcerer a run for his money, but then the forces behind them were turned on their heads and sent back at him. He knew this much to be true.

Chewing on splinters, there in the middle of the wall, Heiji tapped his finger in an irritated fashion on some broken stone chiseled out of shape with his spine. Of course, he could just muscle through this like he did most of his problems. 95% to be exact. But that other 5% he usually let Yazhun handle, since they required finesse of a sort.

Except Yazhun wasn't here. So, by his own logic, he would have to apply his own finesse to the situation.

"<Using my own attacks against me is dirty,>" he remarked, practically untouched on a physical level by the reverberations of his own attacks. His clothes were shredded down to remnants of his pants and undershirt, and there was a fair bit of blood welling up under his skin - but overall he seemed unphased.

More importantly, his combat prowess didn't slow down in the slightest. In fact, he started pressing the advantage he still had concealed.

Rolling his shoulders, he completely vanished this time, cranking what he brought to the fight up by another 5 ton Classes. He couldn't destroy anything anymore, but that worked to his advantage.

He reappeared right in front of them, hands about three feet apart.

And then he clapped.

A simple gesture, but one that turned the space they occupied into a horrifying tornado simulation all cramped into a confined area.

Aranea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The hooded spider looked around as the spell was cast, taking a quick second to be in awe at the display. "Yeah... For sure a wizard..."

Aranea's spider-sense went off before the clap, but it wouldn't help much except for giving him time to brace for the impact. His first instinct was to have his feet stick to the floor so he wouldn't fly away, but the spell cast by the sorcerer made that impossible. Aranea flew across the room, flipping in all directions to try and compensate. But instincts betrayed Aranea once again. He went to flip and stick to the side of a cabinet, but phased right through it and went tumbling hard to the ground.

"Ow ow ow! Uh, wizard guy? That spell is cool and all but we really need to work up a game plan here." Aranea called over to his sudden ally.

"We're playing in the magic guy's home court, if anyone's going to come up with a fix it'll be him. Gotta distract this goon."

"Hey! Spiky! Anyone ever say that you look like a Street Fighter character reject?" Aranea taunted the intruder while leaping right towards him, followed with a flurry of web volleys aimed at every inch of his body. The speed of the volleys were a blur, with enough force to feel like harsh punches topped off with their sticky nature.

"Like they thought "nah! Waaay too boring and what the hell's going on with that hair? It's like Guile's angrier and skinnier cousin" and then just put you as a background character in the car smashing level." Aranea landed a mere foot in front of him before flipping up and over while continuing to fire more webs and landing behind the blond brute.

It was obvious it wouldn't hold long, but it would at least serve as a useful window of time.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Mister_Surreal

The amount of talking coming from the spider themed hero was beginning to wear down Mister Surreal, but he was able to accept it for what it was since it was likely distracting their inhuman enemy as well.

The gust of wind however served as being even worse to endure than all of the quips and smart remarks that were being made. The sorcerer struggled to maintain his position in the fight momentarily, but thanks to his cloak that his enemy wanted so desperately to take, he was able to counter the swirling effects of the wind launched at him via flight.

"Impressive, but insufficient.", the mage said as he squinted at his opponent through the vortex of air. Before making his next move, he was quick to give Aranea a sample of information that could help him greatly in this fight. "You can still physically interact with the objects in this dimension, but anything that you do will not affect the real world. Therefore, the environment is now indestructible", this piece of information could prove crucial.

The sorcerer decided to move on to dealing with his enemies' attack. He moved so that he was now floating above both of the other combatants in order to gain a better position. He launched the bands on the sleeve of his robe in hopes that one would wrap itself around his opponent. If at least one of them did, his movements would become restricted to some degree.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heiji sighed, exhaling almost happily after the thunderclap.

Spider's gonna keep trying to web me. Sorcerer is keeping his distance. Other one is probably stronger at close range, but I can probably kill him if I land a single hit. That wouldn't be fun at all.

He started running in unpredictable directions, testing the boundaries of the Spider's various senses. Almost like using a newspaper to confuse the eyes of a spider used to the measurements of a human arm. Then shrinking that arm, making it smaller, back and forth, longer, shorter, the pattern constantly changing. That was his running style in that bleak few seconds of relentless webbing volleys. Practically swirling on his heels, he was unconsciously chewing on his thumbnail. He wasn't saying anything, lost so deep in thought that he was basically not doing anything naturally.

Just doing things, moving, running, dodging, all at once and never once out of a conscious effort to concentrate. Attention to detail, that was when mistakes happened. Of course, he also had to abandon his bat due to the sudden weight of webbing wrapped around it. Just a thud, no clatter or clang, only a hollow sound like a fist hitting a chest.

He stalled, that's what he wanted. Now what's the wizard doing?

One thing he noticed, was that the webbing had to be thick in order to even try to hold him. Tense, taut steel-like structure to pry away his strength. He had to pin them somehow. And the Spider was closer than possibly intended...

So he made the largest threatening posture that he could. Eyes full of murderous intent, roaring straight at the Spider. Webbing already coming out of the barrel of the launchers, perhaps strands intended for a quick escape - if so, then perfect. In a twist of his shoulders and body, he would Redirect the webs into the swirling vortex of cloth coming towards him from the sorcerer in question. With any luck, it would be a simple distraction of his own - a deception of senses, overloading the Spider's reflexes from hot to cold... and then back to hot.

If it all worked in tandem with each other, then nothing would happen for an instant. Only that instant.

The Spider would be between him and the Sorcerer.

And a thirty-ton punch to the back of the skull would be screaming at his nerves to make his body move. But the real question would be: could he be prepared to die one moment then completely calm the next - only to be ready to die again not even a second later? Considering the proximity, they would probably be wrapped up for at least a second before the Sorcerer relented his grip on his friend. The webbing itself would probably leave quite the stain, too.

That just bought Heiji more time to pick at them. This wasn't their game, after all. He was here for something, and he was leaving with it.

Aranea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aranea found his webs being misdirected somehow. Was this guy's plan to throw him into the fray? Regardless, the Spider simply let go of the webs he planned on using, and flipped back a few feet to get some distance. "Wait, did you think I was just going to hang onto those webs? Ooooh, so you DO think we're in a Street Fighter game!" His spider-sense truly was otherworldly in this regard. Only ever reacting to true danger, and not an instinct to be fooled.

"Nothing is working! This guy has to be one of the worst people I've faced. Well, considering it's been mostly muggers at this point... That's not saying alot. We need to think of something. Fast."

"You're telling me that there isn't a portal spell? Or like a "giant boot that kicks him out of the front door" spell?" Aranea called up to the sorcerer, still in the middle of his attack.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Mister_Surreal

The mildly disoriented sorcerer was having difficult keeping up the conversation with Aranea, he didn't typically talk this much when in the midst of combat. He launched a few magical bolts of energy that would be able to temporary inflict a large amount of pain with whoever they came into contact with. After that attack was finished launched he responded to the spider themed heroes question. "This isn't exactly as easy as it looks, but in theory, yes.", the sorcerer replied.

His magic was not easy to operate, even for someone as knowledgeable and talented as he was. It required immense concentration and sound mind in order to use it to its fullest effect, but the optimal environment for those things. If he wanted to gain the under upper hand in this battle, he would need to analyze his opponent.

He knew that his opponent had the physical capabilities to back up the threats that he had made earlier, but what were his weaknesses? He had somewhat vampiric powers and skills, which was something that Mister Surreal could actually use to his advantage. With his limited knowledge of vampires, he knew that they were generally sensitive to solar energy as well as garlic.

But the unfortunate case was that he currently could not access either of those things without giving up his position defense. He instead decided to look at his opponents tactics when facing his opponents, he would surely expose some flaw that he had. After thinking off how he climbed on the wall so sporadically a couple money's ago, he began to notice his fighting preferences.

He liked to try to overwhelm his opponents by moving back and forth and launching attacks at unpredictable times. It seemed that saw this as being a good way to land as many hits as he could without them being able to react in an offensive manner. It was a good strategy, but it wasn't certainly not a perfect one. Mister Surreal liked to keep his distance when fighting and Arena had the reflexes to respond this method of attack.

Mister Surreal had come up with a good strategy as of now. He began twisting his fingers in a complicated manner that was reminiscent of someone who was pulling a series of invisible strings. He the told Aranea what to do telepathically. "I have a plan, but it is crucial that you do exactly as say. I need you to move in the directions that I tell you to, starting now.", the sorcerer said as he went on dictating how the arachnid hero should move.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Warsman

Overloading his sense of danger didn't work. Very particular, possible precognition of sorts?

Heiji back off for a second, sitting on the floor with his legs crossed. When the cascade of magical energy reached him, he didn't move. Didn't budge. They smacked into his face and chest, sending him rolling for a few feet with the momentum of the ethereal light and mass. Concussive force, sent to cause him pain and distraction. Something rudimentary as far as magic went, Heiji knew that much about the subject. Still - it worked. He hopped back to his feet without so much as a huff, arms extended for balance, but his facial region and sternum were seared as if touched by some form of acidic compound.

Bubbles of boiling flesh, broken cartilage hanging out of his nostrils, it was all plain to see that the Sorcerer intended on keeping him pinned for as long as possible.

Too bad that was just for a second or two.

He pressed down on one side of his nose and exhaled through the other, spraying blood onto the carpet. Then he welled up a mouthful of the stuff, sucking it from his sinuses and throat, and spat it onto the presumably luxury material.

He didn't gloat, or speak much for the remainder of the encounter here. It was all just pointless bravado anyway, it meant nothing when compared to fists.

The sonic booms seemed to work the best thus far... how about a lot of those?

A smirk, then he vanished again with the hyper-sapien muscles carrying him beyond the human capability of sight and recognition. Echoes of sound started to burst through the seams of the room, growing louder and louder, a cacophony of jets rampaging past at point-blank range. Thunderclaps, each creating hurricane-force winds, unstoppable storms of eardrum-busting sound and water-boiling pressures all in an instant - then they were gone, only to come back again in a different direction. Again and again, all within this confined space to create a nightmare of swirling air currents and horrifying noise.

About a dozen times he would do this, just testing the pond at this point. Possibly wearing them down based on human limitations, rather than playing their game of charge and counter-charge.

At the end of his experiment, he would be standing in front of them again, his hands shredded down to the bone and his own eardrums ripped apart several times over. But he would still have that damn smile on his face.

No matter what anyone was saying or thinking at this point, he was enjoying every second.

Knight101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yazhun_sanvun:

Pulled inside the mirror, Brenna does something rather unexpected. She smiles, "I conjured this mirror, you don't think I was ready for the possibility we might both end up here?"

Brenna erects protective barriers in her mind to protect her from the madness of this tormenting world. And now, as she focuses on this assassin, she knows that only one of them will leave here alive. She doesn't wish to kill this woman, but it IS in self defense and she knows that someone like Cersi will never stop until Brenna is dead.

But now that Brenna is close to Cersi, she suddenly tries blasting the assassin at close range with a stream of fire from her mouth.

Aranea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warsman said:

Overloading his sense of danger didn't work. Very particular, possible precognition of sorts?

Heiji back off for a second, sitting on the floor with his legs crossed. When the cascade of magical energy reached him, he didn't move. Didn't budge. They smacked into his face and chest, sending him rolling for a few feet with the momentum of the ethereal light and mass. Concussive force, sent to cause him pain and distraction. Something rudimentary as far as magic went, Heiji knew that much about the subject. Still - it worked. He hopped back to his feet without so much as a huff, arms extended for balance, but his facial region and sternum were seared as if touched by some form of acidic compound.

Bubbles of boiling flesh, broken cartilage hanging out of his nostrils, it was all plain to see that the Sorcerer intended on keeping him pinned for as long as possible.

Too bad that was just for a second or two.

He pressed down on one side of his nose and exhaled through the other, spraying blood onto the carpet. Then he welled up a mouthful of the stuff, sucking it from his sinuses and throat, and spat it onto the presumably luxury material.

He didn't gloat, or speak much for the remainder of the encounter here. It was all just pointless bravado anyway, it meant nothing when compared to fists.

The sonic booms seemed to work the best thus far... how about a lot of those?

A smirk, then he vanished again with the hyper-sapien muscles carrying him beyond the human capability of sight and recognition. Echoes of sound started to burst through the seams of the room, growing louder and louder, a cacophony of jets rampaging past at point-blank range. Thunderclaps, each creating hurricane-force winds, unstoppable storms of eardrum-busting sound and water-boiling pressures all in an instant - then they were gone, only to come back again in a different direction. Again and again, all within this confined space to create a nightmare of swirling air currents and horrifying noise.

About a dozen times he would do this, just testing the pond at this point. Possibly wearing them down based on human limitations, rather than playing their game of charge and counter-charge.

At the end of his experiment, he would be standing in front of them again, his hands shredded down to the bone and his own eardrums ripped apart several times over. But he would still have that damn smile on his face.

No matter what anyone was saying or thinking at this point, he was enjoying every second.

Aranea lost track of his target, was he really this fast? He didn't have much time to ask where he'd gone, as the room started to explode in furious gusts of wind. Dodging these was a farce, there's no way Aranea would be able to avoid such rapid and ferocious attacks.

"Weird! Didn't get this weather warning on my phone, can't trust any of those apps these days!" Aranea shouted while quickly spinning webs all around himself.

It was a matter of moments before Aranea was in a dome of webs, just barely enough to protect him from the torrents. By the time the devastation was over, the dome was almost nothing more than a few scraps hanging together. It was time to end this.

The spider launched right towards the monster, but zipped right past him instead. Once landing, he backflipped in front of him again, then rolling to his side, then flipping over him to his other side. "Now, I know what you're thinking..." Aranea web-zipped right between the foe's legs, still not striking him. "..."How come this spider-runt isn't hitting me?! Has he lost his nerve?" Or some such cliche villain thought." He continued building up momentum. Dodging and weaving around him in a blur multiple times over without laying out a single strike.

Aranea finally hand-flipped a few times back from his opponent, landing in that iconic crouch. "I'm just the first of a one-two punch. Do it now!" The hero shouted to the sorcerer.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The sorcerer quickly enacted his true plan of attack and revaled what he was doing to the attacker. After making a few hand gestures, the once invisible strings materialized and appeared all over the attacker's body.

The two had planned to get their enemy through a couple of them so that they could unleash a devastating attack onto him. The attack went as planned and had several of those strings all over him, ready to be activated at a moments notice.

"I'm sorry about this." Mister Surreal said as he launched the attack that would turn the tide in this fight. The strings would then shrink in length and cut down the enemy to the bone. Each one blazing with seemingly unbreakable magical power.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"I'm sorry about this."

"<Don't give me that shi-,>"

No Caption Provided

He could feel the strings along his throat, across his chest, running around his limbs. He could feel them now. They were tightening, even as he drew his last breaths. Spoke his final words. Cursed his last enemy.

His skin broke apart in the interwoven mesh, blood spraying from the pressure built up around his arterial network. His eyes were being sliced through. Nose dissected. Mouth and teeth cut open. Blood stained the carpet in growing pockets of crimson.

His diaphragm stopped moving. His lungs were being forced into a smaller, more confined space as his torso was being crushed and filleted.

Yet he was still moving. Racing ahead, now inches away from the sorcerer's face, arm outstretched. Fingers just barely within millimeters of his skull. His arm couldn't budge. He couldn't budge. All he could do was watch as his flesh and bones became liquefied from the many millions of simultaneous cuts being applied across his form.

It all squeezed in an instant. He stopped feeling, and knew silence.

Peace fell across the room. Quiet, at long last. The disheveled corpse-parts of Heiji San'Vun lay desecrated across the floor, broken and empty, bereft of life.

Yet the peace was uneasy.

Something was about to happen.

Something immoral, and wrong, and cruel.

Something inhuman.

First, it was the legs. They rose with an unholy source of power, no muscle or nerve telling them to hop forward. Completely still as the moment they collapsed backwards onto the floor, as motionless as they would have been being lowered into a grave, they rose.

The lights began to dim, and flicker. From no natural source, he began to laugh once more.

A symphony of red splattered around the bisected lower torso, a concert of shredded parts and organs, a derelict cry of harmony between the Earth and the dark pits of magic that solidified the immortality of the man before them. A human man, more human than any could realize, the embodiment of their passions and benevolence to some.

Yet here, he manifested as their uttermost cruelties and barbarisms.

His hands had barely formed into a shadow of their former shape, and they were working in tandem with the energies that were absorbed from the sorcerer. Unknowingly or not, this 'Mister Surreal' had given Heiji quite the fill for his appetite. The piecemeal slashings were just the dessert.

Those fingers forced themselves into fists, punching forward and conjuring the symbolic workings necessary for unleashing that energy, and all at once it came like a tsunami.

Raging, unkempt, and altogether suicidal for anyone besides the Immortal. Black animals, red teeth, bloody eyes - snarling and foaming at the maws they now snapped towards the sorcerer and his spider companion. A cannibalistic magic, intent on chewing through anything it came in contact with, a wall of gnashing jaws that gnawed even at the tethers of the indestructibility spell cast on their surroundings. It was no magic that Heiji had himself mastered, or even thought of using.

It was merely the energies the sorcerer had sent his way, used to kill him, unleashed now in the opposite direction.

Even as he had been Restored, he had to use two full charges of the Chalice to fuel the process. Even as he had been Restored, his body was still broken in many places. His innards were twisted and tortured, emptying blood through his mouth and sinuses in the retching motions of the unceremonious 'revival'. Those fists he sent forward to direct the charged magic, that cannibalistic tidal wave, were seared beyond human capacity for pain.

Exposed flesh oozed the very blood he had just used to repair it, down to the bone in some cases. Veins sprouted across his forehead and neck, trying to conserve the pain, make it his own. This was - after all - his conviction.

"<Just give me the damn cloak already.>" he muttered.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Mister_Surreal

The spell caster raised his arms as the repelled energy flew back at him and Aranea who was nearby, the effects damage being sent back from their origin. He was able to disperse the attack with a show of ability after barley being able to keep it away from them.

Mister Surreal was genuinely astonished by the level of resilience that the this man had displayed before them. That spell was rarely used by the sorcerer due to how brutal the attack was, he thought that even if it didn't kill his enemy that it would at the very least put him down.

But he instead all it seemed to was damaged his body that was still being controlled by his unwavering spirit and ambition. Despite all that he had been through, he wasn't any less bent on taking that cloak than he was when he first arrived. Mister Surreal was almost impressed, but his amount of disgust that he felt dampened it.

Why did he want the cloak so badly anyway? Did he know of its power? Did he simply like a good challenge? Or did he simply want to brag about besting the Sorcerer Supreme. Regardless of the reason, he would do something that would ensure that he wouldn't try to take it again.

"You want the cloak? Then you can have it." In that moment, Mister Surreal's eye scrolled to the cloak and he gave a little nod. In that moment, the cloak flew off the shoulders of the magic user, ready to give the attacker hell.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He expected there to be some form of resistance, or at least a trick, with the concept of the cloak coming his way - and its meteoric entrance didn't disappoint. It bound his hands with the fabric of its being, forcing him into various surfaces by virtue of those bound limbs. The indestructible spell returned to its former state of strength, allowing the cloak to toss him around with virtual impunity.

He could almost hear the laughter of something from within the material, but didn't pay too much attention to what possibly could have been his own imagination.

Yet despite this, he kept a grip on the cloak, no matter how many times his spine snapped on impact with an immovable object. No matter how many times he was broken in half by the cloak using his body like a wishbone at Thanksgiving.

In fact, with his Sheath ring glowing, it was particularly easy to keep a heading on the situation. Especially when he managed to get a piece of the cloak inside, and then close the portal into his pocket armory - sealing it off. The cloak almost rejected his touch at that point, and retreated, practically injured of its own accord.

Heiji staggered back to his feet, and popped his jaw back into place.

"<What's the matter? Did something pinch ya?>"

Aranea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Wait! Don't give him the- Oh..." Aranea was stopped short in his warning, seeing that the cape was alive in it's own way. He silently watched the struggle in anticipation beside the sorcerer.

During the bout, the spider punched the air a few times to root on the cape. But things started to take a turn for the worst.

"Are you kidding me?! Since when does he have a pocket dimension ring? Wait a second... Those rings..."

After the cloak narrowly evaded capture, Aranea stepped forward. "Don't you get it? You giant goon. Even if you "caught" the cloak, it would never want you as it's owner. I bet you wouldn't even feed it, or bathe it regularly. And walkies! What about walkies?! The point still stands. So why don't you take your Dolph Lundgren face and get out of here!" He shouted sternly, pointing at the front door.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister Surreal was rather curious to know what that weapon the enemy was using was comprised of, but he didn't let that get in his way. The attacker wasn't getting what he wanted, there was no real point in him trying to defeat either of the superheroes. So they sorcerer went to tell him just that.

"It's been well established that you won't be leaving with the cloak, at least not in the way that you wanted.", he said as his voice informed as he stared down the intruder. "You just leave while it can stillbe done on your own terms.", if the enemy did not listen to his instructions, then he magic user would make him leave.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zephyr186 said:

@mister_surreal: (OOC: Sorry for the delay. >.<)

Lucy cannot stop the smile from coming to her beautiful face, "Thanks. And, I have to be honest. I LOVE what I can do. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world."

(OOC: Sorry for taking so long to reply -.-)

Matthew's glowed with pride and happiness once again, a very rare sight for someone to witness. "Tell me, what is it like when you use your powers?", he said as he leaned back and put his hand onto his knee.

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morpheus stood in front of the Sanctum...It was easy to find and he wouldn't be here long anyway.

"Magicians sure know how to over compensate. I'm counting at least 10,773 rooms in there." Morpheus said to himself as he looked through the Sanctum's illusionary front doors like clear glass and peered into it's potentially endless insides. "Well as the saying goes..."

Morpheus turned away from the Sanctum and picked a rock up from the sidewalk "It would be a lot smarter to not leave the front door open though." He chuckled out mischievously as he tossed the rock up and caught it.

"I've always liked throwing rocks at glass houses..."

He paused...

"But maybe another time..." He said calmly as he effortlessly threw the rock in his hand upwards out of orbit.

"It would be too easy...There's still plenty of fun to be had." Morpheus smiled as he jovially turned around and almost skipped away as he flashed away in an instant.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Mister_Surreal
Synner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers