User Lists: 0

Edited By Phantomshell
StoreSt. Androids®St.Phone®Special OrdersMemory Metals®PharmacySupport
Available Classes
Up to City Level

History

Big Thing Big Dreams
No Caption Provided

From the technological treasure trove that was 1947 New Mexico, a small think tank of early computer science nerds dared to dream the impossible as they embarked on a journey to discover artificial intelligence. Rumored to have originally been contracted by the United States Defense Department.

Together they signified a commitment to the advancement of technology, animatronics, science, robotics and evolution in hopes of making significant strides towards a new digital frontier. Manufacturing a versatile new line of state of the art electronics and leading edge products for the general consumer.

However in a devastating act of betrayal, the group's youngest but brightest mind, Susan Saint - now rumored possibly to have been a mutant technopath - stole sensitive materials before going on to abandon the group.

Years later she would reappear in the public spotlight of Los Angeles with the launching of her own tech-based consortium known as Saint Industries. She herself going by the moniker of Sequitur Crix. CEO and founder of one of the World's largest cutting edge robotics, pharmaceutical and cybernetics company.

With growing subsidiaries appearing across the western pacific coast of the United States off the back of 'her' brainchild SIN (sentient independent network). A 'living computer program' originally drawn up in a military science lab somewhere in New Mexico during the 40's. So her now trademarked exclusive robotics program was not without its controversies.

Now, in 2022 and in no small thanks to the computerized genius of the acclaimed Cyber-Sin, Saint Industries public image is a shining testament of the robotic frontier. Establishing a solid foothold in the pharmaceutical arena with their breakthroughs in neuropsychopharmacology. Most notably in the specialized areas of neurochem fiberoptic transplants.

No Caption Provided

But its not all about the rose in the right hand. Saint Industries also wields the hammer in the left. In hold of several defense contracts in heavy demand of the company's trademark memory metal®. Its transformative properties making it ideal for in-field surgical amputations and combat ready prosthetics. Under the Phantomshell's clinical stewardship of the company, Saint Industries continues to push the biodigital frontier of innovation.

Online Products

Saint Evo-Shell Mk1 (industrial size)Saint Evo-Shell Mk2 (personal assistant model)
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
BiocompatibilityGlobal Restoration
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

OOC:

This is an open CV22' rp location/business thread
Interactions and canon will be exclusive to the CV22
Any questions feel free to Pm me
ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@phantomshell: *Refrains myself from the Saint jokes* Hehe.

Great job on this, Gambler! If one of my characters ever needs a fiberoptic transplant, I know who to ask! :D

Cevna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantomshell: the seed part looks interesting, you finally using those scrap ideas allot the miracle seed you got from DC?

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cevna: Something like that. Trying to model this character after Robot from Invincible

Rebound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fourth of July Tour

The deep bass of each bounce of his body heralded his arrival through the air, a blue blur effortlessly performing a daring drop down the side of two skyscrapers to raucous applause below. Dozens of smartphones trained on his every move captured the acrobatic maneuver, as whenever noticed by ordinary passers-by, Rebound was sure to steal the spotlight. Dazzling pedestrians with a display of physics-breaking movements which combined the durability of a ragdoll with the twisting aptitudes of a master aerialist, he shot toward Saint Industries. Whenever a limb, his head, or his back touched a glass window or wall, it simply bounced, shimmering for a moment, and vibrating as he flipped away from the surface -

- painlessly dropping onto the pavement below. The final impact against the street caused him to rebound back up about ten feet in the air; he finished with a famous flip before landing on his feet, fists balled at each side of his hips as phone cameras flashed and onlookers cheered and clapped.

L.A. Hot today. His powers protected him from friction burns when they were active, but that didn't dull his sense of warmth completely. It was the 4th, and a heat wave was in full swing. It was sunny out.

"Don't mind me, folks. Just dropping in on a fellow science-hero. Happy Fourth of July," he waved, smiling beneath the trademark Rebound mask. His identity was public, but it had soon been eclipsed by the persona he'd crafted, one more befitting his amazing powers.

A nationwide tour on foot; all in a day's work.

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebound: (thats awesome. cool character)

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is pretty.

I mean, it's alright I guess.
I mean, it's alright I guess.

Cevna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rebound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebound:

No Caption Provided

In an odd and unlikely display of artistic zen like expression, his robotic frame crisply wrapped in an off white ceremonial tunic, the Cyber-Sin CEO of Saint Industries patiently groomed a pristine Japanese sand-garden in the center of his executive suite, high atop the Saint-Tower. His wooden-stylist cutting objectively beautiful patterns and designs through the impossibly clean gravel and white sands with physical narrations, as the Wu-Tang Clans 36 chambers LP rhythmically serenaded the unusual scene. Perfectly painted illustrations, landscapes and horses were spaciously spread out along the walls. Just one of several visual indications of the Phatomshells self-actualization, Just another one of his fully explored hobbies as he continued to explore - what he deeply believed to be - life's most precious gifts.

But suddenly there was a quick harmonic alarm within his sophisticated network located within his digital subconscious. An immediate video prompt was projected a few feet away in the form of a holographic assistant known only as V.I.

"Sir, there's a young masked hero down here causing quite the commotion." the alert paused "Sir its Rebound sir. He doesnt have a____"

{I am aware. Thank you though. You may send him in}

In truth the Phantomshell, like most of the World, was well aware of the popular boy of bounce. A new wave of nationwide hero who had done an amazing job of managing the pitfalls of being in the public eye. Of being such a celebrated role-model. Which made him the perfect candidate for the Phantomshell's 'little' side project.

Leon_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantomshell: (Can I come in to give Phantomshell a Turing Test on behalf of The Black Hats? Make it like an annual thing?)

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leon_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leon_newcastle: I like that idea

It was a hot but windy Sunday, and the streets were still littered with the trash of the prior week. But all the flying paper seemed to only be able to graze at the facade of the Saint Industries building as the wind took it down into the depths of the city, the pinnacle of innovation standing unbothered by the ocean of human life at it's feet. This building was an impressive example of, more than human, ingenuity. Maybe even what humans and machines could do together if they worked toward a common goal. But a robot who stays in a penthouse in a tower overlooking the city tends to make some...uneasy.

Leon Newcastle stood an average 6'0 with a black blazer over a white cardigan, he was wide and had simple confidence in the way he carried himself into the building, a briefcase swinging in his right hand and laying up onto the reception counter in the lobby, "Good evening. I'm here to meet with Mr.Phantom. We have a standing appointment for today just about...fifteen minutes from now."

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leon_newcastle: (whats this characters deal? Is he a scientist? Is he a Sabretooth archetype? this has been an annual thing for these two correct? Can I get a brief rundown on his recent backstory?)

Animus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantomshell: (I'm just feeling him out right now but for whatever reason not yet defined he and his brother Tommy/Thomas don't age like everyone else. They've been around since the inception of The Black Hat division in 1917. Leon is second to Tommy and his role is a lead field analyst. This means he goes out and looks into the things that are reported, and maintains a relationship with who or what was already discovered by analyzing the data output under ideal conditions. He visits phantomshell to maintain a steady baseline of his artificial intelligence and it's limitations or new achievements. To see if a robot can grow a soul.)

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Phantomshell

@leon_newcastle:

Emulating the international superstar, Tiger Woods, the Phantomshell was satirically styled out in a red Nike polo, black slacks and black Nike snap-back to round out the look. With a directed snap of his metallic fingers his loyal secretary, Sasha eagerly selected his left-handed Big Bertha Calloway driver before taking a step back. With perfect unwavering form and power the driver made contact with the simulated ball, sending it rocketing through the pixelated air within the twenty-six thousand dollar Eagle Plus virtual golf simulator.

"Beautiful ball sir. But I'm afraid if you dont start getting read now, then you'll be late for your 3:00pm meeting with Mr. Newcastle."

No Caption Provided

{Dont be foolish, Sasha. I am never late} an animatronic voice startlingly announced from behind the recreational scene.

Stepping from just beyond the outer door the actual Phantomshell appeared, and in doing so, revealed the golf playing android to be little more than a passable facsimile.

{Sasha, meet Shell. He isnt quite up to standards yet. But he will be. I trust you'll be able to find your way back to your desk all by yourself?} he quipped while straightening his already perfectly pressed tie.

Moments later he would meet the herald of the black hats in the customary location, removing a gloved hand from his pocket in order to formally shake hands and partake in the expected social normality's. Inner personal gestures, such as an added pat to the back and exchange of small talk preceded any real progress in regards to their intended purpose. A calculated deployment of human like mannerisms and verbal cues.

{Did you see the big announcement? Ziccarra retired this afternoon. Gave quite the demonstration of her new abilities. Biometrics appeared to be.....never mind. Shall we begin, my friend?} checking his palladium Crown and Caliber wrist watch before re-establishing a visual connection.

Leon_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantomshell: Leon extends a hand in gratitude to his old friend for taking the time to meet for the annual Test. His handshake is oddly human, his demeanor casual and professional at the same time. it all felt very considerate, considering it was for appearance's sake. Leon could never understand why the living machine ever bothered to indulge humanity, better yet even emulate us, "Hello, Phantom. You seem to have improved yourself again since the last time we met, not that I can point out all of the finer changes and upgrades." Leon puts his briefcase on the counter, opens it to reveal a small tablet computer device, and begins setting up,"I did see that. On to bigger and better things I suppose. These mutants and metahumans, they seem to be developing at a faster rate than they used to and each with bigger goals than the last." He makes a note of the biometrics reading calculated by the phantom Shell, was that a hold over from the days of zeroes and ones? "You still tend to surprise me more than most humans do on a yearly basis. Let's jump right into it."

"Phantom Shell, please answer to the best of your ability:

The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false. Which of those two sentences is true?"

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leon_newcastle:

No Caption Provided

Optimus slowly removed his gloves after having retreated to the nearest seat while proceeding carefully, and rather obsessively, to lay them on the full length executive table. There was an unseen compulsion to face them in the direction of true north. And he did so with little to no effort, but mathematical precise.

{Do find our meetings to be a productive use of time?} he genuinely but surprisingly asked.

Uncharacteristically answering a question with a question was only the beginning of the Original S.I.N's deviation from the norm.

{As it were, you touched on a subject a minute ago that I believe deserves our immediate and utmost attention.}

Touching an illuminated space along his watch projecting a holographic schematic with full numerical read outs of newly confirmed 'anomalies' or metas, the Phantomshell inadvertently 'highjacked' his annual observation.

{These are merely the individuals whom have willingly self-identified as one of the known classifications. All viable analytics suggest that we are on the precipice of a metahuman population boom. As that happens, as evolution unapologetically takes the hand of certain species while leaving some of the others behind, the World - perhaps even the universe - will be forced to adopt a foreign way of life. A life that will see the biological hierarchy upended. It will not be a peaceful transition.}

Pausing, the Phantomshell stood up and wandered over to the all white Doyal mini bar to pour himself a shot of Pappy Van's family reserve bourbon. He held the glass in front of his expressionless face plate for a moment, before angling his head towards Leon. It did not take any type of special foresight to figuratively read his thoughts. After all, it wasnt everyday that a robot just casually began to partake in the Worlds most expensive bourbon. But the Shell was far from a typical robot.

{I can not feel its effect nor actually taste it. I can see the mathematical properties of every individual ingredient, I know what this combination is suppose to taste like. In theory. And yet, the very act - the routine and motion of it all feels......empowering somehow. Would you care for a drink Leon? Is it not considered rude to let a 'man' drink alone?}

Without really allowing his guest the chance to respond, the Future made his way over and presented the Newcastle Newton with a glass.

{I believe the time has come for the formation of an authorized team of superhuman heroes. Specially gifted individuals who meet specific criteria - designed by us of course, who can be legally deployed in moments of metahuman crisis, natural disasters, and more. I've already taken the liberty of creating a portfolio of potential candidates.}

And there it was. The Phantomshell had been busy. Busy preparing for the inevitable set of circumstances that would forever change the World, and now he had presented it to the only thing he would classify as a 'friend.' As such he rose his glass fully expecting his 'friend' to toast to his unveiled plan.

Leon_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Leon_Newcastle

@phantomshell: Leon had caught this behaviour before, at most recent the handshake. It was firm, but soft to the touch like a human hand. Yet another human mannerism brought new life by the robotic CEO "You do this you know. Divert the attention from the task at hand." Leon closes the folder and slides a finger across his tablet, "I'd love one." But the last drops had already hit the glass and the glass had made it's way into his grasp. "You passed that question, by the by."

"Your empowerment by taking part in human niceties and mannerisms is so...foreign, but then again so is your very existence. Nobody has ever lived as Optimus, the ghost in the machine, has lived. Are you the ghost, or the machine? Both? Neither? This is why we take these tests. To find out what life means when it has nothing to do with blood and tissue." Leon takes a smooth sip of the bourbon and rubbed his tongue against the roof of his mouth ton scrape off the harsher chemicals and absorb the under notes, "But let's talk about the metas, if that's your preference."

"My, our, Thomas and I's, only concerns are multitude. If these heroes come together it will change public opinion and it's unclear if that would be for the better. Starting a team of what the public sees as chaotic,nuclear warheads? We may as well kiss the bullet that killed Franz Ferdinand." He takes another sip, this one less about interest and more about getting the liquor from point A to point me. "But Tommy sees things differently. Thinks I'm an old man who sees the world as it used to be, cloak and dagger and all that. Like when we came across you..." A living computer that changes the way of human life and understanding as we know it, he thinks "Who knows maybe we do need to attack head on. You can only beat a sword by creating the arrow."

Leon leans over to his tablet and slides the bar left again, the data resurfacing on his screen, then raises his glass

"The man facing the firing squad refused to wear a blindfold. He said, "I intend to face breath davely." What does he mean?"

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leon_newcastle:

With an aristocratic arm neatly folded behind his back the Apex of the Man Machine Ascendancy charmingly downed his shot. Displaying all the visual characteristics of a typical human. A recent upgrade, predicated upon the subtle subconscious nuances behind an aggregated catalog of micro-expressions, independently initiated a varied display of observable reactions. Despite the robots inability to actually savor the alcoholic benefits.

No Caption Provided

Inherent programming systematically analyzed every spoken word, every tunel shift in patterns, or even vibrational abnormalities as the Neo-Age Newton expressed his curious interest in the Shell's unprecedented existence and the personable characteristics he continued to creatively express. As individuals the Newcastles were among the smartest men in the World. Optimus would champion their specialized intellect behind closed doors, often referring to them as opposites of the same educated coin.

But Leon's response had not quite lived up to the Shell's unwavering expectations. To think he himself had not taken into account the wide ranging social variables and pitfalls such an ordeal would entail seemed like an uncharacteristic oversight.

{You should not trouble yourself with something as rudimentary as the control of public perception. It is a science in and of itself. The manipulation of your kind has, and always will be, a rather pedestrian task. Easily accomplished with none the wiser of who, or what the influences behind the scenes actually are. You and your brother already know that the formation of such a team is inevitable. And who better to set the appropriate stage with all the contingency having been weighed, measured, and adapted for the task at hand the us? Create the market. Control the market. Create the narratives, control the narratives.}

The Phantomshell removed a small USB drive from his pocket before handing it towards his associate. On it he would find the names and limited files of several potential candidates.

{As a matter of fact - I've already recruited a man I believe is up to the task. He's the perfect archetype to promote a home grown team of heroes to the public.}

Despite the expressionless features of his face-plate, upon closer attention one could have believed that the animatronic Adam, was indeed, smirking....

His audio playback sighed. Leon, true to form, having pushed past what he saw as little more than the Shell's attempts at distraction or misdirection in the face of his examination.

{The man clearly intends to face death bravely.} his response was short and lacking any depth. Any analysis.

{An odd concept. All things have a beginning and an end. To accept this reality is neither brave nor is it to be feared. It is simply - inevitable.}

Leon_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantomshell:

@phantomshell:Leon dumps back the remainder of his drink, and with it swallows the chill in his chest at the way the machine maestro described the gullibility of the general human being. Most of all because it was true. "I don't think these tests are proper measurements of your ability anymore, Optimus. I think you've evolved beyond even the most Assimovian dream of a living, artificial intelligence. Frankly, I shake when I think about what the Nazis could have done with you given more time." He also feared how much damage they had already done, but left that in the wind where it had been flying for the past 80 years.

Leon pushed the thumb drive into the side of his 2-in-1 tablet computer and opens the files that leaked open one at a time to reveal a decorated war veteran with phenomenal skills and all the markers for a determined leader. "He's impressive. But...is he a good man?" Leon slides his glass across the excellently cut glass surface of the table at Optimus, "This is where I fear your AI meets its limitations. When it comes to gauging the moral and ethical standpoint of us, 'mere mortals'. If the black Hats were to enter into this kind of venture with you, we'd be handing your man here what could be the deadliest weapon on the planet. A team of amplified living bombs. Or we're handing him the greatest shield to defend this country ever constructed. It all comes down to whether this man is the right man. A good man with a strong compass. We've both seen what someone can do with too much power and not enough resolve to actually wield it with care. So, is he a good super man" Leon slips his tablet back into the bag,holding onto the USB device as well for Tom to review "Or is he just the easiest to manipulate?"

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Animus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leon_newcastle:

And thus they had arrived at the crossroads of Newcastle's 1st law of metahuman ethics, yet beyond that A.D.A.M. (apex digital android matrix) had registered an increased level of vocal skepticism and innuendo above the normally elevated baselines the Black Hat Harbinger characteristically exhibited on average.

No Caption Provided

"Is he a good super-man"

The Shell's internal audio playback looped the inquiry over and over again while memory files accessed archived human historical events. Creating a silent sub-conscious concert of ethical exploration as exhibited by the human-race throughout time.

In the end the Phantomshell had come to one conclusion. A conclusion so undisputedly true that he purposefully refrained from sharing it with the Man of Many Minds.

[Your concerns are valid. Perhaps 'discretion is the better part of valor'] Optimus quoted.

After all, through their shared discourse they had both expressed the need and subtle agreement that such an assemblage of abilities was needed. It was simply a matter of implementation. Of leadership - accountability and oversight. Would such a gathering be used to handle the rose? Or wield the hammer?

[Much like Asimov, perhaps we too should establish a set of fundamental by-laws in relation to a super-human initiative. The laws of robotics seem like the perfect blueprint as both would share similar overlaps. Maybe an assignment for another day.]

_Redacted_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantomshell: (I'll leave it right there but that was fun. Next up is getting an actual team together)