Rules Rules Rules

• 134 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By _Hawk_

It seems that more and more over the years I come here and there is some "rule" or new way of doing things. I understand the spam controls that are currnently sitting on the side of my screen...(weird) or that it almost impossible to log into my old accounts which I rather enjoyed having, but come on it's a comic site.... people need to lighten up a bit.

Those who don't know me will most likely be pissed about me making a post that's not an RPG in the section well......see below and suck it. Those who do know me, are mostly mods now and will PM me to slap me on the wrist.

People need to grow up about this site a little. It in the past 2 yrs or so gotten way to serious.

To satisfy the forum's rules that are made up by people I don't know:

"Hawk sat at his computer typing away while Doctor Who played in the background. Slowly drinking his beer and chewing a rather large load of tobacco. His large wolf Sam lay at his feet sleeping away. Putting down the computer slowly Hawk made his way to the back door, spread his wings and flew away."

Deliverance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

lol man I get where your commin from but it's about activity not restriction. As a guy who was here before me you should remember better than I do how it used to be activity wise, boomin with ideas. Only thing right now is some of the uneccessary fat got trimmed to make this place more about it's purpose is all. It's the internet, can go anywhere and post bullshit. But as far as comicvine's rpg section I don't know about any equals

(except godsofrpg)

Its best to keep as RPG based as possible.

_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By _Hawk_

I find it interesting that people think that other's ideas and having fun with their characters as ...fat. I know you only have good intentions in saying that. But who is really to say what RPG threads that people are using are not a good idea. Anything to get people posting in this section, using their imagination, and being creative is a good idea in my opinion.....and of course my opinion is worth like 5 or 6 ordinary peoples lol

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nordok  Moderator

Last time I went back to the little town I grew up in, I could barely recognize it.

Times change; life goes on.

_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nordok: What you wouldn't be mad if there were strip clubs there now?

VictorGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By VictorGrey

Wait, so what are you protesting about? What rules?

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nordok  Moderator

@_hawk_: I'd only be mad about them not having been there when I lived there. ;)

_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_hawk_ said:

I find it interesting that people think that other's ideas and having fun with their characters as ...fat. I know you only have good intentions in saying that. But who is really to say what RPG threads that people are using are not a good idea. Anything to get people posting in this section, using their imagination, and being creative is a good idea in my opinion.....and of course my opinion is worth like 5 or 6 ordinary peoples lol

See thats the thing though. Wasn't a hell of a lot of creativity involved with posts like 'I hate my writing I should just quit' or 'Sooooo booooored'. Plus a literal list of noncreative or rpg activity related posts that you can skim through in the thoughty thoughts thread.

I'll agree though that locking the character above thread and ones like that was overkill

_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thoughty thoughts is locked.

Yes I agree some posts are stupid. Mod locks them we move on. but people still need to get to know each other too....not every thread needs to be a RPG post IMO. Some are useful for other reasons, especially if people are using the thread. A thread with 1,000 posts....has value. If it didn't it wouldn't be in use.

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_hawk_: no @replyin mutha-

PM Gambler and see about it, you got a fair enough point. I'll cosign if need be.

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nordok  Moderator

@_hawk_: Here's how I look at it: this wasn't done on a whim; it was a long-debated matter, and increasing RP activity was at the heart of it. If you look through the threads, it's pretty evident that OOC interactions haven't decreased at all; they're just no longer dominating the front page. It also seems to be working; people are cranking out some truly awesome posts.

Ultimately, however, this is just a 30-day trial. When it's all said and done, the results will outweigh any one person's opinion on the matter.

_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@surkit: Is this better....... I'm sorry I'm an old man and don't understand technology. lol

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could give less than a f#ck about Thoughty Thoughts or the Truth, they didn't really mean anything to me as I can post my OOC thoughts in practically any other thread. I do, however, miss "What does your character think-". I always used that thread to 'test' a new character, poke and skip to figure out what emotional set works best for them. Not to mention it served as a good place to go if your bored considering random interaction is a thing of the past... and so far I don't think the mass lock has helped bring that back.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the results speak for themselves. Nothing I could say would mean more than the immediate and dramatic explosion in activity. It has been nothing short of incredible and I have to praise all the writers who have come out and delivered great post after great post. You guys are making this one of the best Vine eras I've been apart of. Its amazing, every character, every post, every storyline is lazer focused and top quality. Not only that but things turned around in two days. Forty eight hours. I would never have believed it but you guys did it. You all are great :-)

VictorGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the results speak for themselves. Nothing I could say would mean more than the immediate and dramatic explosion in activity. It has been nothing short of incredible and I have to praise all the writers who have come out and delivered great post after great post. You guys are making this one of the best Vine eras I've been apart of. Its amazing, every character, every post, every storyline is lazer focused and top quality. Not only that but things turned around in two days. Forty eight hours. I would never have believed it but you guys did it. You all are great :-)

This, and the fact it's only going on for thirty days (unless the vine is really happy with it and wants it to stay). There's no thread you can't go thirty days without.

_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're saying there has been a dramatic increase in RPG posts and threads in the last 48hrs based on locking other threads?

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember when people were saying it might take months, or never turn around.

I wouldn't mind it if the TT threads stayed gone.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

@antonia said:

@lady_liberty said:

Same here I personally thought that the TT thread were people who talk about MMA half of the time.

_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia said:

@lady_liberty said:

Same here I personally thought that the TT thread were people who talk about MMA half of the time.

Who cares what they talked about......they talked in it.

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nordok  Moderator

@_hawk_ said:

@lady_liberty said:

You're saying there has been a dramatic increase in RPG posts and threads in the last 48hrs based on locking other threads?

Granted, this isn't an experiment taking place in some closed laboratory, so there's always the element of Post hoc ergo propter hoc, but yes, I would certainly say that. Activity had slowed to almost nothing, this change was instituted, and activity spiked noticeably. Unless there is some other factor that correlates with this sudden surge in activity, I'd say that's a reasonable statement.

_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nordok said:

@_hawk_ said:

@lady_liberty said:

Granted, this isn't an experiment taking place in some closed laboratory, so there's always the element of Post hoc ergo propter hoc, but yes, I would certainly say that. Activity had slowed to almost nothing, this change was instituted, and activity spiked noticeably. Unless there is some other factor that correlates with this sudden surge in activity, I'd say that's a reasonable statement.

That's almost laughable. There might have been an increase in threads but closing others isn't going to suddenly make post want to write. Some inspiration might have been dug up along the way ...but please.

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_hawk_ said:

@surkit: I'm an old man and don't understand technology. lol

@_hawk_ said:

@shadowswordmaster said:

@antonia said:

@lady_liberty said:

Who cares what they talked about......they talked in it.

Sit back.

Lemme tell you about this place called facebook...

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Nordok  Moderator

@_hawk_ said:

@nordok said:

@_hawk_ said:

@lady_liberty said:

That's almost laughable. There might have been an increase in threads but closing others isn't going to suddenly make post want to write. Some inspiration might have been dug up along the way ...but please.

Then by all means, laugh away, but you said it yourself: it appears that locking those threads did inspire people to focus more on actually RPing.

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_hawk_ said:

@nordok said:

@_hawk_ said:

@lady_liberty said:

Nah its actually...surprising in the real sense a the word. Activity leaped like good stock in two days, and I even see a sudden influx of new characters that aren't just alts. We'd be lucky to have that when the non RPG threads were up. Fact is people who do this are escapists by nature so to come to the role playing forum and see people just talking to talk, it takes away that aethetic, that thing that they came for and they just back out.

_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok well....I'm going to read. I really hope it works out. If it does increase long term activity then great. If it doesn't....then I think it needs to be reconsidered. But as always I do what I want lol.....

and whatever mod locks this will get stabbed. @mercy_

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I personally think thoughty thoughts and the truth have to stay locked if we want to survive as a forum...

But The What Does Your Character Think Thread and the Battle thread might need a comeback

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@surkit: When did that Gods of RPG thing start?

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DwRonin
Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Surkit

@_cain_: about a week ago. Your welcome btw. I'm The Agent

_Vex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thoughts thoughts is really the only thread I miss...and I hates the idea of a lock at first, but it forced me to write more and better.

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwronin: That's my name, don't put'cher penis in it.

Daaaaywwwwinnnnggg

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_cain_ said:

I personally think thoughty thoughts and the truth have to stay locked if we want to survive as a forum...

But The What Does Your Character Think Thread and the Battle thread might need a comeback

Exactly what I'm feeling right now.

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think the "explosion" of posts is entirely down to the threads being down. Ronin's for example dropped around the same time as the ban started and has been busy because it was planned out in advance, acquiring several members to keep the turnaround high. Avalon probably the busiest thread before hand was already busy before the lock as it had a similar set up with large active rosters.

I'am still not convinced by it myself. Its not the best thing since sliced bread like its been said.

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia: You entitled to you view, I just don't share it yet.

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is why they make jokes about British people about their sense of humor. -___-

Avatar image for the_last_samurai
The_Last_Samurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The_Last_Samurai
@antonia said:

This is why they make jokes about British people about their sense of humor. -___-

Hey! Generalizing, at least we aint all obese fat asses'!

And British people make exactly the same jokes about Americans xD

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyro covered it

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dental.

That is all.

The_Last_Samurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall: I laugh. How British people say that about Americans and Americans say that about British people lol

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@_hawk_:

"HEY bro, we had a brawl going, a year ago...you left me hanging!!!...."

Sheng hangs, upside down, from a tree as he types on his IPad. He smiles as he continues typing his comment.

"I don't get the seriousness of the RPG forum either...I was quiet surprised the IC 'What You Think Of The Character Above You' thread was locked...it's IC and revolves around RPing. Next, the character bios will be locked"

Sheng quickly types before stopping. With a puzzled expression, he stared off into nowhere. As he stared, he noticed how much he was breaking the 'Forth Wall'. Out of confusion of what the heck he was talking about, he fell out of his tree...

dv.vb

The_Last_Samurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By The_Last_Samurai

@antonia: I'm proud of my fck'd up teeth, thank you very much! It stands out, the blackness in the teeth compliments my black eyes...

The_Last_Samurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By The_Last_Samurai

@cassius_knightfall: @antonia: I actually think the best comedians in the world were British AND American.

Laurel (Englishman) and Hardy (American).

Nobody tops them, in my books.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia: its a good thing you don't have free health care like we do, with all the heart bypasses and obesity related issues you guys must have. Buts it cool no matter how many feet you guys lose or pacemakers you guys need least the teeth are good. lol

@the_last_samurai they where pretty classic. I prefer madder stuff like Monty Python, though I got allota love for Bill Hicks

The_Last_Samurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia: I'm proud of my fck'd up teeth, thank you very much! It stands out, the blackness in the teeth compliments my black eyes...

The untold origin of broke-ass British oral hygiene:

The epic beatdown administered by the Americans in the Revolutionary War was of such immense impact it damaged them on a genetic level, resulting in warping their grills. The psychological impact was such as to addle their minds into not bothering to fix them once modern dentistry had come of age :)

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brazen_intellect:

Says the nation who needed the FRENCH to help them win a war. That's like turning to Stevie Wonder for help changing a lightbulb. Without the Frogs and England having a whole empire to take care of you guys would still be wearing a union jack lol.