RPGers and what you like about them

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Kurrent
ATTENTION: THIS THREAD WILL ONLY REFLECT WHAT YOU LIKE ABOUT HOW VINE CHARACTERS POST IN RPG's. PLEASE LEAVE PERSONAL FEELINGS TOWARDS CHARACTERS (real life) OFF OF THIS THREAD

In this thread list some of the writers you enjoy, but the tricky part is explain why!!! This is not a rating or a who is better then who. It is just a chance for you to give feedback to RPGers

Please Keep the thread positive and please elaborate on your posts, don't just mention names because that is not really giving feedback.
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Nighthunter

What I like about Nova' style is that it is full of humor and is still able to keep the badass tone in it without looking forced, that ain't easy

(others later)

Asymmetrical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 97

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By Asymmetrical

I love Methos' habit of making every post directly linked to the last two or three things he was talking about in the threads...makes things fun...though the posts could be shorter sometimes -_-

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Slinger

I've become a total fanboy of Ex Machina. His posts are incredible and his ideas and the way he tells stories is thrilling. Every post leaves me wanting to know what's going to happen to his character, and his NPCs next.

BatgirlBabs is hands down the most deplorable villain on comicvine. My favorite parts of her writing is when she shows you that tiny shred of concience and then destroys it by making a very coldhearted decision.

The Wondering Spider is one of my favorite heroes. He's a bit of a slacker and kinda dense sometimes, but he's got a heart of gold, and you can tell he has a lot of fun at his job. He makes it very easy to read all about him!

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nighthunter

What I like about aztek is his modesty, he knows that he ain't great so he doesn't act like that :P

jk

Psysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Psysis

LN's style is relentless. She keeps her mind set on one thing at a time, doesnt reflect on surrounding emotions, actions, etc. She seems to write what she feels in an rpg, i consider her to be a very passionate rpger.

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kurrent
Gambler - Gambler is one of the few people on here that can get his ass kicked and still make it look like he is a total bad ass at the end. He always has an ace in the hole and has some of the best lines/sayings on the vine IMO. I also like that when he wants to he can set the tone of the story that is a quality that I still try to apply in my own writing.

Morte - In everything he has done he is always off doing something badass and implements it into the battle/story. Everything from fighting styles to locations are all legitimate (I have looked it up...lol) and the way he displays his character everything he does is believable

Uchiha Nevann -
I just recently got into Naruto and his character is based off of the franchise. I tell you what his character is believable and could fit into that world as well as the Vine.

Slinger - What I like about Slinger and his style is that he is true to his character. His character is a person of morals and faith and when I read his post I believe that. He has brought the Templar Knights into Vine spotlight and I look forward to working a story with them again

more coming soon
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nighthunter

Lexi-I don't think that anyone on the vine shows as much ability in explaining the feelings of the character or how everything and everyone reacts to what is happening around, if someone can make you feel the fear of a horror scene she has talent

Asymmetrical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Asymmetrical
Nighthunter said:
"What I like about aztek is his modesty, he knows that he ain't great so he doesn't act like that :P

jk"
and here I thought you wanted me to be stuck-up :P

I like NH's posts, because even though he can't spell very well, you always get some nice action and you can never tell what actually goes on behind the mask (you do wear a mask right?)

I also love Arrow's sadism, very nice, makes you feel like your looking into the mind of a serial killer

Lexi has nice emotion, can't argue with that, that thing in well I forget the name of the RPG, but whatever, I'll never forget the emotion her character brought into the story, very well done

as for DC, I only remember his old posts in RPG's and current posts in fan-fics, and all of them are entertaining, sure his characters usually seem like idiots, but there tough idiots who like to kill and swear...very nice, one of my favorite writers on the Vine solely because of his amazing characters
Midnightist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Midnightist
The Rider: Dude is incredibly creative and detailed. Every move he makes is like a jungle of story that could go on forever. He can fit allot of his character into each post he does just to give it a personal touch
Akira Overdrive: Man is just freaky swift. His post are just proving how much of a ninja he is. Everytime I read his work I feel like hes just going to sneak up and snap my neck no matter what I do
Kurrent: Man all your posts are like tiny stories. You have background and stuff that I couldn't dream of coming up with. They are like summarized novels and often involve other characters when you make them
Nighthunter: He has this calm cool effect. Each post feels like he knows he's good and it doesn't even give him an ego when he tells you you are going to lose
Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kurrent
Akira - AKA The Originator as I like to call him. I haven't seen a lot of people do Gun Fu which is nasty (watch Equilibrium) and his fights are like they were choreographed in a Martial Arts movie. 

Andferne - Despite our differences Andferne is one of the best RPGers in general on here IMO. He has it all, writing, story telling and marketability. He has revamped his character a few time and has owned it every time

The Wodering Spider - I just like reading this guys posts. They are a breath of fresh air. He doesn't take himself to seriously and his post are all fun but when his character needs to get the job done that is exactly what he does.
Elian Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Elian Allen
Slinger said:
The Wondering Spider is one of my favorite heroes. He's a bit of a slacker and kinda dense sometimes, but he's got a heart of gold, and you can tell he has a lot of fun at his job. He makes it very easy to read all about him!"
Really? wow.. and I was going to kill him in the next RPG Veritas were involve in lol
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Darkchild
Andferne said:
"LexiCat: I love the amount of emotion and passion she gets through with her posts. Each time I read them I feel as if I am the only person that matters. She pulls you into her world and paints everything with her words. I can get a lot more into this but I will save yall from that, ..for now.

Cryo-wolf: His posts always makes me laugh with his humor. There is also his own unique feel to the posts, they just smooth along and keep me interested. He also has come up with some cool uses for his powers.

Gambler: I've said it in other threads and the same applies here. He knows how to make his character look like a baddass even if he is getting his ass whooped. He is also very good as hyping up his opponet and making them look just as badass.

Kurrent
: He knows how to draw a crowd and has proven that time and time again with rpgs that he puts on. He grabs your attention and holds on to it.

Arrow and Darkchild: Both of them show you what evil should be like and makes you hate them evne that much more. Bringing in a personal aspect to the fight to add to the story. Both are also very good at being the power house type character. The big bad evil thats the end game fight.

Nighthunter: He continues to find more and more ways to use what he's got. Finding different ways to fight his opponets and keeping it going. There is a reason why I have fought him on 5 seperate occasions and loved each one of them.

(I might do some more later)"
aztek the lost said:
"Nighthunter said:
"What I like about aztek is his modesty, he knows that he ain't great so he doesn't act like that :P

jk"

I like NH's posts, because even though he can't spell very well, you always get some nice action and you can never tell what actually goes on behind the mask (you do wear a mask right?)

I also love Arrow's sadism, very nice, makes you feel like your looking into the mind of a serial killer

Lexi has nice emotion, can't argue with that, that thing in well I forget the name of the RPG, but whatever, I'll never forget the emotion her character brought into the story, very well done

as for DC, I only remember his old posts in RPG's and current posts in fan-fics, and all of them are entertaining, sure his characters usually seem like idiots, but there tough idiots who like to kill and swear...very nice, one of my favorite writers on the Vine solely because of his amazing characters"

Thanks.

(ill do some in a moment. AZTEK redemption post is up)
Shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Shanana
  1. Feral Nova:Her mix of Humor and badass is one that can keep any battle going
Midnightist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Midnightist
Code Red: He to me is like a real Batman. Even with no powers he used his environment to fight his opponents and fought with what he could no matter what
Avatar image for akira_overdrive
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Akira Overdrive
Midnightist said:
"The Rider: Dude is incredibly creative and detailed. Every move he makes is like a jungle of story that could go on forever. He can fit allot of his character into each post he does just to give it a personal touch
Akira Overdrive: Man is just freaky swift. His post are just proving how much of a ninja he is. Everytime I read his work I feel like hes just going to sneak up and snap my neck no matter what I do
Kurrent: Man all your posts are like tiny stories. You have background and stuff that I couldn't dream of coming up with. They are like summarized novels and often involve other characters when you make them
Nighthunter: He has this calm cool effect. Each post feels like he knows he's good and it doesn't even give him an ego when he tells you you are going to lose
"

Kurrent said:
"Akira - AKA The Originator as I like to call him. I haven't seen a lot of people do Gun Fu which is nasty (watch Equilibrium) and his fights are like they were choreographed in a Martial Arts movie. 

Andferne - Despite our differences Andferne is one of the best RPGers in general on here IMO. He has it all, writing, story telling and marketability. He has revamped his character a few time and has owned it every time

The Wodering Spider - I just like reading this guys posts. They are a breath of fresh air. He doesn't take himself to seriously and his post are all fun but when his character needs to get the job done that is exactly what he does."
AWWW.;D

Appreciate the love fellas.I got you....

Just let me think xD
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Nighthunter
aztek the lost said:
"Nighthunter said:

jk"

hey! I can zpell very right :P
Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Kurrent
Elian Allen said:
"Slinger said:
The Wondering Spider is one of my favorite heroes. He's a bit of a slacker and kinda dense sometimes, but he's got a heart of gold, and you can tell he has a lot of fun at his job. He makes it very easy to read all about him!"
Really? wow.. and I was going to kill him in the next RPG Veritas were involve in lol"
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Nighthunter
Midnightist said:
"The Rider: Dude is incredibly creative and detailed. Every move he makes is like a jungle of story that could go on forever. He can fit allot of his character into each post he does just to give it a personal touch
"
thanks
Midnightist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Midnightist
Nighthunter said:
"Midnightist said:
"
thanks"
welcome
Sherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sherry
Nighthunter said:
"What I like about Nova' style is that it is full of humor and is still able to keep the badass tone in it without looking forced, that ain't easy

(others later)"

Quoted for truth. She's awesome. ^^

And Gloom - she's really descriptive, and puts things together so well. I think she's one of the most underrated writers around here.

Cly's another great RPG'er. His posts are always interesting and I love how he works Esmeralda into his posts.

(Will edit as I think of more.)
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By pixelized

GLOOM

She makes me want to be a Better Man.
Midnightist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Midnightist
Sha:  We may not get along but the lady posts like a monster. No matter what account she uses each one lives up to it. No matter what power or story line shes in you'd never now you were fighting anyone else. I give her credit cause maintaining different styles is hard and I think she does it well.
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Nighthunter

Akira- He keeps changing his character every two weeks, which make him unpredictable in battle and stories, the moment you think that you have him figured out...he surprises with one new trick

Elian Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Elian Allen
Kurrent said:
"Elian Allen said:
"Slinger said:
Really? wow.. and I was going to kill him in the next RPG Veritas were involve in lol"
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!"
I said WAS! XD :P
Midnightist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Midnightist
Nighthunter said:
"Akira- He keeps changing his character every two weeks, which make him unpredictable in battle and stories, the moment you think that you have him figured out...he surprises with one new trick"
I agree man hes almost unbeatable that way he improves after every fight
Shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Shanana
pixelized said:
"

GLOOM

"
Thats a huge understament!!!

GLOOM ROCKS my socks off
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Kurrent:The definition of Electric.He brings voltage to his technical and precise moves and the way he rights his character is truly my kind of hero,He has plenty of things in his arsenal and can bring the pain with awesome detail.

Midnightist:To me this kid is on the verge of something great,i like the way his attacks are always planned and more then just throwing punches.They involve story and it shows.

Gambler:G,is full of swagger.I think thats the best way to put it.He can do anything and make it look like its the dopest thing ever.Not to mention his continuous flow in battles that make him a true living legend

Morte:The sickest.Nuff Said.

Tenjin:Man,Tenjin is not only my personal homie,but he is Akira's personal homie.The two go great together and it seems like Tenjin has evolved into a beast.He is exactly what I wanted Akira to be.He can write his ass off and it scares me a little.The way he attacks and makes thing seems dark,Tenjin is the Psycho Samurai!
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By pixelized
Sherry said:
"Nighthunter said:
"What I like about Nova' style is that it is full of humor and is still able to keep the badass tone in it without looking forced, that ain't easy

(others later)"

Quoted for truth. She's awesome. ^^

And Gloom - she's really descriptive, and puts things together so well. I think she's one of the most underrated writers around here.

Cly's another great RPG'er. His posts are always interesting and I love how he works Esmeralda into his posts.

(Will edit as I think of more.)"
Deff
and sherry is amazing too
Asymmetrical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Asymmetrical

Sha - always keep things sexy ^^

Gloom - I just love her characters mostly, a great cast of them she has made, so they are what makes the posts great, well her ideas in general are just fun to read

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pixelized
Sha said:
"pixelized said:
"

GLOOM

"
Thats a huge understament!!!

GLOOM ROCKS my socks off"
too true.
Midnightist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Midnightist
Akira Overdrive said:

Midnightist:To me this kid is on the verge of something great,i like the way his attacks are always planned and more then just throwing punches.They involve story and it shows.

thanks man that means allot from you to me 
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Akira Overdrive
Akira Overdrive said:
"Kurrent:The definition of Electric.He brings voltage to his technical and precise moves and the way he rights his character is truly my kind of hero,He has plenty of things in his arsenal and can bring the pain with awesome detail.

Gambler:G,is full of swagger.I think thats the best way to put it.He can do anything and make it look like its the dopest thing ever.Not to mention his continuous flow in battles that make him a true living legend

Morte:The sickest.Nuff Said.

Tenjin:Man,Tenjin is not only my personal homie,but he is Akira's personal homie.The two go great together and it seems like Tenjin has evolved into a beast.He is exactly what I wanted Akira to be.He can write his ass off and it scares me a little.The way he attacks and makes thing seems dark,Tenjin is the Psycho Samurai!
"

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Darkchild
Akira- CRAZY I have yet to win a second time agaisnt Akira or any of his accounts. He uses all of his powers an rpg skillz to his advantage almost always using my own size to my disadvantage. Which in many ways makes him smarter than others, his skillz in a rpg are awesome.

Gambler-
One of the first people I fought on the site besides Freaker, and in my first battle with him he put me through the ringer. He made me think which at the time during DCs creation was difficult becase well like he has stated "DC is a brawler not a thinker" and I was always on my toes after that in a battle with him. Thinking ten steps ahead in a battle with him. And his abiltiy to bring people together in a rpg is freaking AWESOME, hell why do you think I always have him somewhere in one of my rpgs because people follow him.

Andferne-
Mister good himself, one of the people on the site I do not care to loose to at all. Our first battle left me without an arm for a good month in rpgs. His ability to lead a team is awesome and at times almost nauseating( Goodies always make me sick :P) but he is hands down one of the top people on my list of rpgers I read.

Nighthunter-
Hes a damn monkey in his posts, always bouncing around. Hell I dont think ive even finished a duel with him to date...(must correct this) but back to point. He is an awesome rpger, hell took me by surprise the first time I saw him in A a duel an B an awesome duel . He can turn your weaknesses against you in a heartbeat. Love reading his posts rpgs and in fanfic form.

Final Arrow
Bro is crazy at rpgs, yeah he doesnt do them alot anymore but back in the day, you couldnt go a rpg without seeing one of his twisted monstrocities youcall a post. They were awesome an almost godly. But his character pulls off badass on so many levels.

Kurrent/RL-
I mentioned RL in the name because whether as RL or Kurrent his writing style is always awesome. He can bring a rpg that sounds dull at first an bring it to the TOP an put his A game on all the time. Yeah rpgs die but the ideas an posts he brings forth are always sweet. Even back as RL his posts were awesome, one of the most fun battles ive had in sometime was with him

Sha- What can I say about Sha an her infinite selves...shes freaking awesome. One of the coolest people on the vine all wrapped into 189 accounts. She may not be active in alot of rpgs, but the ones I read her in are always entertaining. And hell she has been giving me one of the toughest battles ive had in sometime. (Yes Sha I will post sometime this week I promise.)

Risky-
This girl is PHENOMNINAL( I know its probably spelled wrong but the spellcheckers not working sue me) pure an freaking simple. She has to be one of the underdogs of the site, an no one really sees her fight aside from duels. And Hell she is lasting longer than most people have with DC at the same level and I say this alot with duels but im having an AWESOME time in our rpg. I WANT TO SEE MORE OF HER

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Nighthunter

Kurrent-We haven't seen eye to eye alot or be in the same rpgs in the last few months, however I still think that he is one of the best rpgers this site has to offer. Kurrent is in many ways the same guy as Adrian, their personalities are pretty much the same and it is shown in each post.

Kurrent has an ability to describe his feelings toward situations and how react to them which he transmits to his character in a natural way

Shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Shanana

LMFAO DC

2. Sparda: Until DC sparda was my best fight, he adjusts his powers to benefit him, and to trash the enemies.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Darkchild
Aztek- He may not do many rpgs, but in any fashion he is skilled in bringing a story to your attention. No matter what it is, his posts are always impressive fanfic or rpg.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By pixelized

Pix has cute shoes

Asymmetrical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Asymmetrical
Darkchild said:
"Aztek- He may not do many rpgs, but in any fashion he is skilled in bringing a story to your attention. No matter what it is, his posts are always impressive fanfic or rpg."
woo!! I got a compliment from my hero ^^

I feel like I could fly right now :P
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Darkchild
aztek the lost said:
"Darkchild said:
"Aztek- He may not do many rpgs, but in any fashion he is skilled in bringing a story to your attention. No matter what it is, his posts are always impressive fanfic or rpg."

I feel like I could fly right now :P"
LMMFAO

If im your hero bro....then (gets all choked up an puts his head down) your sorely missing the point of me. LMAO
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Akira Overdrive
Darkchild said:
"Akira- CRAZY I have yet to win a second time agaisnt Akira or any of his accounts. He uses all of his powers an rpg skillz to his advantage almost always using my own size to my disadvantage. Which in many ways makes him smarter than others, his skillz in a rpg are awesome.

"
Thanks Man.I really appreciate it.
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Nighthunter
aztek the lost said:
"Darkchild said:

I feel like I could fly right now :P"
I thought I was your hero? :P
Midnightist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Midnightist
Slinger:  He kept true to his character and didn't stop. He took everything I could think of and kept going
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Darkchild
Akira Overdrive said:
"Darkchild said:
"Akira- CRAZY I have yet to win a second time agaisnt Akira or any of his accounts. He uses all of his powers an rpg skillz to his advantage almost always using my own size to my disadvantage. Which in many ways makes him smarter than others, his skillz in a rpg are awesome.

"
Thanks Man.I really appreciate it."
No prob...now wheres mine foo
Asymmetrical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Asymmetrical
Darkchild said:
"LMMFAO

If im your hero bro....then (gets all choked up an puts his head down) your sorely missing the point of me. LMAO"
Nighthunter said:
"I thought I was your hero? :P"
maybe you can fight DC for me, make an RPG of it :P I'd read it!!

but anyways, I have to go now

peace my heroes!!
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Akira Overdrive
Darkchild said:
"Akira Overdrive said:
"Darkchild said:

"
Thanks Man.I really appreciate it."
No prob...now wheres mine foo"
Mauaha.
DC:The biggest baddest brute I know.He can transform powers into something they just weren't meant for and make it seem right,I call him Power Man.His darkness is trademark and unlike any other.He can hammer down most,and his writing is exceptionally scary.

(I beat his ass all the time though :P)
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Nighthunter
aztek the lost said:
"Darkchild said:
"LMMFAO

If im your hero bro....then (gets all choked up an puts his head down) your sorely missing the point of me. LMAO"
Nighthunter said:
"I thought I was your hero? :P"
maybe you can fight DC for me, make an RPG of it :P I'd read it!!

but anyways, I have to go now

peace my heroes!!"
you know that I'm retired of rpgs lol
Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Slinger
pixelized said:
"

GLOOM

"
I agree she is fantastic! (I hope you aren't comparing her to Helen Hunt though, XP )
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Nighthunter

Slinger-He does something that these days is quite hard, he keeps true to character while still bringing something new to the table, a few comic writers could learn from this

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Kurrent
Sha - I like that she has balls in her posts if you know what I mean. She brought the Ninjeta world and the a whole crap load of characters into the vine that have their own stories...Good stuff

Darkchild - One of the Legendary Big 3. I based a lot of RL's aggresive behaviors on how DC used to post. Our two battles were Earth ratteling and I had a lot of fun doing them