RPGer writing tools

Leon_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Leon_Newcastle

Here're some tools to make you a better and more productive writer.

Grammarly- A great tool that not only helps with spell check but also with the overall editing of text. Very on point, very professional. Free option offers a lot that can help you improve your grammar and teach you at the same time, all while cutting down on the time it takes to post.

Summry- Sometimes when you're in a fast paced RPG there can be at least ten posts your behind on, each, at least, five paragraphs long. If you can't read them all without being left even further behind, use Summry. This site allows you to copy any long text, post it in their text box and processes it into a cliff note sized post with the majority of the essential info you need to write your next post. Always skim the post your getting summarized just to double check though as it may leave something out

Hoverzoom- This is great for both OOC and IC posts, as well as general web use. With this, you can hover over a gif to see it play without waiting for it to load after clicking in google images, as well as on any other site with an image on it. Can enlarge art as well. Saves me a lot of time.

I'll add more as I remember them.

Neon_Leon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, just tried summry, and it basically just picked a few sentences, and didn't really seem to work for me. Some of them were hardly important at all, so unless there's a certain way to use it, I don't know how useful it really is.

Leon_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Leon_Newcastle
Zeke_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome!

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Izaiah

Lazarus: Form Recovery. Autosaves text you write in Firefox, letting you recover posts that are randomly deleted by the site or otherwise lost.

Gmail. While not strictly about writing, Gmail has a functionality that lets you reuse the same Gmail account for multiple CV alts:

Let's say your gmail address is yourgmailaddress(at)gmail.com. You can then register on CV as yourgmailaddress+example(at)gmail.com. Anything you put between the + and (at)gmail.com, will be ignored by Gmail (so it'll be sent to your existing address), but CV will regard it as different enough. As long as you put a different sequence after the + for each alt, you can reuse the same email account however often you like.
The + sign is important, don't skip it.

Lance_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assassinatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Assassinatrix

@leon_newcastle: Most of these seem pretty useful, but I doubt the capability of a program to be able to identify the "important" parts of a post. Seems about as plausible as being able to depend on a program to differentiate between a spambot and a legitimate user.

No I am not bitter! ><

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(at) means @, right?

Lance_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@assassinatrix: I get your logic but it does help. I'm not saying it knows what's important but it gives you the cliff notes of a post that contain most everything you'll need.

Lance_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake said:

(at) means @, right?

Yeah he just didn't want it to pull up the drop menu

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lance_west: Just making sure lol But thanks again, bro.

(And thank you, Izaiah.)