RPG Regrets

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I always wondered what had happened to him.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimmwald: Ohhhh yeah, especially given his rich history (I remember when he first appeared during Quintus' run in the Kamelot age), there was a lot someone could've run with.

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: Yeah he was one of my earlier nU characters. Someone could've really benefited from it but it happens. It's not a mistake I'll be making again.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I regret getting the fame of quitter, really is a pain in the ass to remember all great ideas I've wasted.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really an active regret - I'm over it now - but for a long time I regretted not moving in/on Noc Haven with either head of Avalon. I had a lot of ideas and over time I wanted to build it into a Shadowrun-esque landscape with the companies, the tech and theme and all (it was already some of the way there). Except instead of elves and trolls and things, mutants and mutates and things like that.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

@_drake: you’ll be alright. Jump start the Pokémon rpg, and I’ll forgive you lol

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana: NOOOOOOO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT...

>___>

Ryth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake said:

@shanana: NOOOOOOO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT...

>___>

Haha. Get rekt.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake: please. Just please don’t force my hand lol

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310  Edited By _Drake

@shanana:

I need to find the OP, cause at least that much I won't rework xD

Ryth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake said:

@shanana:

I need to find the OP, cause at least that much I won't rework xD

Do it. We can all be pokemon.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryth: That's against the rules, boi.

Voracious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313  Edited By Voracious

@_drake said:

I regret getting the fame of quitter, really is a pain in the ass to remember all great ideas I've wasted.

Yeah. It really sucked when you quit being a quitter....

Oh wait...

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake: lmao. I have it saved somewhere

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana:

PM it to me, I'll see what I can do about it lol

MissMayhem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I scared Puzzler off. I don't think he knew that I didn't intend on fighting with POW with this character. But I never really conveyed that clearly, honestly.

FALLENprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not using Samuel Grayl more.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#318 Feral Nova  Moderator

I regret not taking up Kurrents offer to do a tag team tourney with him

Crimson Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I regret not being organized with my first characters story wise. I wouldn’t plan things out over the long haul. Not that I expect for everything to go to plan, but at least have an idea on what I wanted to do.

Warspool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crimson_eagle:

Did that for nine years man, you're good.

You're going places with Hank :]

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crimson_eagle: I usually write the character to get a feel for how he reacts, then I start seeing where interactions take him and build.up plot from then.

Crimson Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@warspool: lol, thank you. I have somewhat of a plan of action for him already. Just trying to see what I should do first.

@_drake: That’s what I did for a time, but I was thinking over of a long period of time. If I wanted to accomplish X for my character then I would have to do A and B.

Ali_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I scared Puzzler off. I don't think he knew that I didn't intend on fighting with POW with this character. But I never really conveyed that clearly, honestly.

He'll be back, eventually. :]

Ichimansen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ali_ Be more time efficient. Lay out a trap for him.

Voracious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably shooting down and deconstructing ideas people would pitch at me in PMs, without making suggestions as to how they can improve on. There are things people have pitched to me that just would not work. But there are a lot of ideas that I feel,if I had thought a little deeper,I could have helped the person make it work.

Lucian_LeBeau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Getting upset over people copying, or being perceived as copying me.

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lucian_lebeau: I mean.... people DID copy you. ALL the time. I think that's worth being upset over.

Lucian_LeBeau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tessa_callahan:

Nah, I genuinely regret getting upset over it, and that it actually DID upset me. Looking back I cant even see how thats possible. Its so...unimportant.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Part of me still wishes I'd held and used a position of public power/influence when the world was determined to treat people like Ivana and Quintus like people without very public dirty records.

Also, wishing that I had at least one character on the pro-registration team during the old wars, so there would be that person who was presenting it from a non-villainous, almost purely logical angle. I really feel like I had ideas I could've rallied people behind. But I was caught up in the other side.

Actually part of me wishes LL played that route more extensively with Kelly.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso said:

Part of me still wishes I'd held and used a position of public power/influence when the world was determined to treat people like Ivana and Quintus like people without very public dirty records.

On one hand I kinda regret that too. Nobody really ran with that angle during Ivana's reign of terror. But at the same time I like what did happen. Everyone decided that yeah, Ivana was bad but she was bad for a good reason and more importantly she was cool. It was organic. I never pushed that angle at all, other people just did it so it came from a real place.

And in another way I think that was an important lesson about human nature. Look at what's happened in RL since then. Look at how popular Putin was/is with certain segments. Look at the rising interest in authoritarian leaders. In RL people actually like leaders like Ivana. I'm convinced she would be even more popular in the real world and real people would bend over backwards to excuse anything she did.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By Rosso

@hawkshade: Yeah, I am all about the organic. And I did manage to play on it well with Abigail. It's why it's a "part of me" thing and not a full-on regret. I'm interested in how things could've played out had I done that. But the way things went, it was...I dunno, I guess consistent? Somehow, in spite of herself, Abby always ended up alone, so she's like a disparate voice screeching out against Ivana and nobody else ever heard her, and...the other part of me likes it because it played into a continual narrative theme surrounding her, and that was that loneliness. Of trying to be a good person for others, and to reach out like that, but getting virtually nothing most of the time (not always all of the time, but always in the end); while others around her act unrestricted, using unscrupulous methods, and have the world at their fingertips. In many ways hers is a story of excessive inhibition. Of self-discovery, yes; but contrary to most self-discovery stories, she still hasn't really gotten that resolution. She discovers herself and shies away from those various facets, even loathes parts of it. Humbles herself, holds herself back. All in the name of being a "good person." And it doesn't pay off. For us the audience/writer it's pretty neat because you see her overcome physical forces and we herald her as this great hero, but what does that mean for her? Nothing but trouble. It got her mother kidnapped because she didn't kill Charlie when she had the chance. It drew out the Venezuelan war effort...just long enough for someone more ruthless to come along, make a drastic change--but only through one of the worst crimes we as humans can imagine (genocide)--and get tons of credit for it, while almost nobody save for a few loyalists remembers her name. It turned her subordinates against her with the League because she had those, and tried to force others to be "good people" in line with her personal code. It's gotten her to where, even when she quits, says she's completely done with the hero thing, people just won't leave her be and she's still got four or five people going "gonna kill that bitch." Her personal code has done nothing but betray her and it's a wonder she hasn't abandoned the whole thing.

I went off on a tangent there but I'm kinda hyper tonight.

I didn't even read that second paragraph before I typed all that, but now that I have...I Feel like I already responded to it.

LoveEveryone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FF7. When I first had it I only had Disc 1, all that hard work for nothing.

Voracious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh.

Well technically...

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loveeveryone: Hey, just as a heads up, this is the RPG forum so threads like this have to do with things that happen on the forum not like... RPG video games or table-top RPGs. Although that does sound like it sucks tbh.

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've mentioned this before but killing off Brahma Bull in the way I did was horrible. It didn't put anyone over and did nothing story-wise. I need to rectify that somehow. And I will.

Pronoia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336  Edited By Pronoia

@grimmwald: Twist

It was never really the REAL Brahma Bull but a doppleganger.

BB just faked his death for a new life and identity

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pronoia: That's what I'm going for. And it's within the realm of possibility too considering how it happened.

dusk_zephyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brother_yaga: How'd that happen? Maybe you can message the CV support or something.

dusk_zephyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brother_yaga: Oh I see... that sucks. Hopefully, you'll get it back. It would suck to lose all that.