RPG Regrets

Kaija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think I regret overextending myself too often.

I like to try and write more than one character to help get involved in more things... but then I end up falling off later due to lack of interest or time. I might just have to accept that I just gotta do my own thing and only take on what I can actually manage.

_Vex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By _Vex_

I regret not focusing on writing combat. I loved writing dialogue and interactions so much more, and because of that the details I give are weak and unimaginative when fighting. Apologies to anyone that has to actually fight my characters and thank you for giving me the chance to grow.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

Always wanted to return to rpging with a new character. Nighthunter's story was pretty much wrapped up with my fan-fic.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I regret the involvement of Kratesis in the mutant storyline early in the CVnU.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: I think I already know at least part of this, but...can I ask why?

I'm glad it happened but that's purely for the selfish purpose that it factored strongly into Shiho's character, and at the same time I also acknowledge that her backstory could have been complete without that aspect...although she would have turned out very different.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: Kratesis didn't fit. The mutant storyline is about a cause. It can be a good cause, as in Professor X or Cyclops. It can be a bad one, as in Magneto or Charlemagne. But it's about the combination of a connection to others across the world and believing in something bigger than yourself.

Kratesis just didn't believe in things bigger than herself. That's one thing that separates her from Charlemagne; he believes in humanity, even if he is evil. Kratesis believed in Kratesis. Fighting for something external to herself just wasn't part of her character.

Rosso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not writing better, specifically back then up until I started to gain a little confidence in the New Orleans interaction. I believe I've been solid since.

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I regret LL not being around during my run with Ezra Strix. I'd have loved to have targeted Ivana with him. That feud would have been fun given the emotional baggage Ivana has, and that's the sort of thing Ezra feeds off of. Ivana's relationship with Arrachtach would have been interesting for Ezra to try and use against her.

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimmwald: On that note, I regret not having more Ezra/Nikoleta interactions.

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phantomshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish I had done more with Lucian. Did just enough to ruin the look for anything else :P

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish I had done more with Lucian. Did just enough to ruin the look for anything else :P

This is the WORST.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned.

• Earliest recorded regret was posting against Akira_Overdrive in a team thread I've since forgotten the name of, it was cringy
  • Then came a post I did in an RP with The_Spartan, it was cringy; possibly the first RP I was in, too, I did poorly
  • Automatically assuming control of Russia as Red Czar even though the last tsardom ended over a hundred years ago - cringy
  • Anything I did in any sort of "hangout" place was a mistake, i.e. <Ordering vodka and pretending to be dark and mysterious while being desperately trying to get attention> - cringy
  • The great "Red Lanterns Don't Work That Way" RP during which I blew up Mogo - good job
  • At this point you'll notice a pattern of me not sticking to concepts, and if you are you get a free cookie
  • It all becomes a blur until Wolf Pack - I used Red Hulk as a look and was generally stupid about it
  • I think I started using anime looks, which was a mistake
  • I remember just shifting ideas around like a jigsaw puzzle until "New Prime", that weird transitional period where LL came in at; I used Lunatic as a character and it was CRINGY
  • Fast forward a little bit to that one KOV I judged and entered as a lizard man; if you're still paying attention, you get two cookies because I flip flopped concepts again and disqualified myself
  • Tagging along with World War Warsman and my beautiful transition from Thanos to Sephiroth (like, honestly, come on) and I also had a cringy tie-in RP with Mercy (the one with all the Lantern rings or whatever)
  • Symaarians started to become a bigger thing in my characters, it was stupid and will always be stupid
  • I become, you guessed it, unstable in concepts again - the Symaarians even became like robots and insects at some point
  • Trying to flesh out space at all - it's impossible, don't do it, you'll end up like George Lucas minus the money
  • There was an RP with Vis Vires where I used an anime look (haha) and was suddenly Dream of the Endless but with a gun
  • Oh yeah, I tried to start a second World War Warsman by going straight through the planet
  • And, of course, the big one, breaking the CVnU sandbox for over a year with some low-orbit high-velocity artillery rounds - the one that I regret the most because it was immature and, if you're still paying attention, I didn't stick to

Overall I like to think that I've gotten better. But I think that's a lie I tell myself so I can sleep at night.

I know there is a whole lot more, but these are the ones that haunt me.

LonelyFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warsman:

All I know is I was still able to have a lot of fun with what you've done. Still one of In my opinion the best lore creators out there and can put an insane level of activity and work into what you do. If I had a mentor/teacher on this site when I got started I'd say it was you.

Even if I somehow had a Bloodrayne looking demon being wife to someone who went from being a god of chaos to a necron and so much in between lol

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LonelyFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By LonelyFlower
Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Warsman
Deicidium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warsman: You know how I feel.

The past is the past, it ain't gonna change a thing. Get off of your ass and go shoot me with lasers or whatever.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deicidium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warsman:

Okay, that does it.

I'm killing Dynamo.

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trying to make space CV relevant, or a hub of activity. At this point, it's clear that, while not impossible, attracting any meaningful level of long-term interest and activity in anything space-related is very difficult. So I regret trying to push so hard for space CV because I ended up exhausting a lot of creative energy in building two very demanding location threads. That creative energy could've been better served with something else, a different narrative direction. Oh well, LOL.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I regret making the @krillen alt. It's so bad all around. No matter how much I think, I can't make him fit anywhere (hence why he's not being used at all). Maybe it's not a fit for CVU or what I have in mind.

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I regret not shipping Renegade and Black Solace on Last World.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heyyyyyyy I remember LW. It had the best AVs of any CV-related site, ever.

Call_of_Ruty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not rping with Kaede with Ruty.

_Creed_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I regret ditching a ton of my characters that had great potential and had decent roots with current events/other characters.

Adam_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Losing my Leon account password

_Creed_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Losing my Leon account password

Press [F] to pay respects

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tessa_callahan said:

Heyyyyyyy I remember LW. It had the best AVs of any CV-related site, ever.

LW was SO GOOD. I loved the vibe.

Renegade actually originated there. I was a mod there before here lmao.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tessa_callahan: That is wild because you were already a mod when I joined the section, I think.

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: I think I was modded in June.....2013?

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tessa_callahan: I am really not sure. I remember when you were Dark Huntress too.

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: So few people do :(

Sometimes I love that, sometimes I hate it lol

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tessa_callahan: There should be a Gambler/Dark Huntress power duo run someday, for old times sake.

Tessa_Callahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: I would love to. We had a brief redux during that crossover RPG between CVnU and Prime and it was fun af.

We've also tried to recreate the dynamic a few times and it never works. It was lightning in a bottle and both of us are much flightier with characters now, I think.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tessa_callahan: Yeah I get that. Everyone is in different places in their lives and so forth. I think the same problem would arise if me and Impero tried to recreate our power couple era.

Adam_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_creed_: lol

apparently the site locks you out of your account after enough failed attempts.

He's dead Jim

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the Keijijo stuff a kit because building a mythology was fun, but I do (kinda) wish I'd gone a different route with nU Impero. A route that maybe isn't identical, but similar to Prime Impero.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do regret the nanotech and quantum stuff. It was a lot of fun at the time but the effects of the advanced science on battles made battling so difficult it did a lot of damage to the street level scene.

The_Matriarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I regret making Z end the "Spanish Revolution" It would've made more sense if it'd been Zeon.

Embargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also,

That one CVU RP I participated in. The French Empire Claim one. It had the makings to be a great one for me at least. I'd done this big reveal that Norfleet was secretly working with Ada, and in that rpg Norfleet turned on STRIKE. Sadly the RP didn't last.

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@embargo said:

Also,

That one CVU RP I participated in. The French Empire Claim one. It had the makings to be a great one for me at least. I'd done this big reveal that Norfleet was secretly working with Ada, and in that rpg Norfleet turned on STRIKE. Sadly the RP didn't last.

It's a shame the France arc didn't go places. I wish I'd done more to push it.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@embargo said:

Also,

I really don't think more was the problem, I think with the writer's involved (I really don't remember it was 7 months ago lol) some point should've thought were the biggest buyout was going to come from. Losing on Winning.

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana said:
@supra-man said:
@embargo said:

Also,

I really don't think more was the problem, I think with the writer's involved (I really don't remember it was 7 months ago lol) some point should've thought were the biggest buyout was going to come from. Losing on Winning.

The whole story evaporated after Amin left, unfortunately. The RP concluded, but there weren't really any repercussions. I probably could have made more posts in CVU France at the time to hammer it home.

Lot of lessons learned, though. The thing about group writing is that bad comes with the good, sometimes, but it's a trade-off. If I always wanted to tell a story I had complete control over, I'd work on my book instead :)

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana said:
@supra-man said:
@embargo said:

Also,

The whole story evaporated after Amin left, unfortunately. The RP concluded, but there weren't really any repercussions. I probably could have made more posts in CVU France at the time to hammer it home.

Lot of lessons learned, though. The thing about group writing is that bad comes with the good, sometimes, but it's a trade-off. If I always wanted to tell a story I had complete control over, I'd work on my book instead :)

100% Creative Control. I understand lol

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supra-man: As in on my own? I used to. I was like 30 pages deep in a story about Cat that i just quit lol

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana: Ah. Just weren't feeling the direction?